Reviews of Norwegian Housing, Solbakkeveien 12

#17 of 25 Holiday rentals in Stavanger

Based on 173 apartment reviews

Smokey
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The three rooms (Lounge/Kitchen, Shower/Toilet and Bedroom) all stank of cigarettes. The smell was so bad that I had to sleep with all of the windows open for two nights and had to buy some air freshener. On arrival there were no toilet rolls and no coat hangers. I was lucky that the cleaner was still working.

The location was a short 10min walk to the harbour.

Near of centrum.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There no was enough elements in the kitchen to be able to use it to cook properly. Perhaps it is needed to buy some elements more. The apartment was a basement. It was ok in general, but we did not realice in the photos that a basement could be asigned.

Near of centrum. Clean and moderm. Person in charge of apartment help us with some issues.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Entrance to room with pin code no need of key
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We arrived very late and once get access to the apartment we found the apartment dirty towels in the bathroom were dirty as well as the sheets in the bed, dust almost everywhere and light in the main room was not working We call the manager he said that he will fix the stuff someone came the day after and this guy said that a washing machine was available...regarding the dirty towels, sheets and dustheap said that sometimes cleaners does not work properly... What should I say? ... a place to avoid courtesy 0 and customer’s focus even less Last thing din’t call them they do not speak English

Entrance to room with pin code no need of key

Price value rate
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Shower and toilet in one room and after shower everything gets wet. The sofa is quite old.For three guests there were only 2 chairs and 2 bed linen. Blinds did not work. Only 1 small wardrobe and no hangers.

Central location. Supermarket, ATM, bakery, pizza bar nearby. Bus station 100 m. Neighborhood is quiet. Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher.

We are a couple that travel with an infant.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We are a couple that travel with an infant. I was expecting for a crib in the room and I was surprised to see that the host didn't left any crib. I even sent an email in advance to make sure that I will have a crib (an email that was never answered) When I connected the host he didnt help me to find a solution. He said that he sent me an email 3 days before my arrival (after the free cancelation expired) that I will not have a crib (didn't receive this email till today). I don't think that this place should be suggested to families with a baby.

No hygiene😡
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

I've never stayed in such a dirty place, the stairs were dirty the apartment had a horrible smell. The bathroom was filthy, had mildew and dirt in the refrigerator I had to wash two shelves to use. There was dust and dirt in the apartment all the windows had dirt, dust, uncertain dead the toilet was marked with menstruation and urine on the lid that was also broken could not sit without slipping sideways. It's impossible to believe that anyone has cleaned in the last 5 months. I could have stayed in a hotel for the same value but as I was with two children I found it more comfortable to have an apartment with kitchen. I'm sorry my daughter is allergic and as it was very dirty and with dust the lodging was horrible for har. It has one more negative point, checkout and 10:00 very early if we compare that one can only enter after 3pm. I do not know if all the apartments are so I stayed in number four of two rooms. Do not use your money in a place that has hotels of the same value that offers hygiene worthy of people.

The location and a very good, very easy walk to the center 20 minutes at most.

Good location and good value for money. Some small improvements would go a very long way
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

First night was spent in a basement apartment which was not very nice. Some maintenance issues with appliances and no spare toilet rolls or laundry detergent in the unit.

Great location within walking distance of city centre. Apartment was a good size.

One bedroom apartment located at basement floor
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked the "One Bedroom Apartment" for two days and expected the apartment should be located at ground floor or above as all the photos posted in booking.com should be located at ground floor or above. The photos showed in booking.com can't find this "One Bedroom Apartment" we lived. Some noise would be generated at the toilet and it is very noisy and make us feel uncomfortable. The problem also reported to the host on the first day but no response from the host. The host told me that the one we lived is "One Bedroom Apartment". The apartment have two beds seems this apartment is a two-bedroom apartment. The apartment did not have sofa and flat-screen TV which mentioned in booking.com. The host told me that only the one we live did not have the sofa and TV. The staircase of the apartment is narrow which is hard to move in the large size luggage.

This "One Bedroom Apartment" is clean and new. The kitchenware and the stoves are new. Equipped with washing machine and drying machine. Free on site parking. The location of the apartment located about 15-20 minutes from the city center. Supermarket and a restaurant located about 20m away from the apartment.

Large single bed, modern facilities, clean
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Difficult to arrange code for entry, needed to call owner on arrival and had to wait outside for door code which we weren't aware of and were unable to do ourselves. These code arrangements weren't clear when we made the booking

Large single bed, modern facilities, clean

The apartment was clean, and comfortable, I thought I had...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was clean, and comfortable, I thought I had paid through booking.com but had to pay when we arrived, we had to call the host on the phone and as we were with a Norwegian he spoke on the phone for me and paid with my card in order to get the code for the door. The TV inside was not connected to anything and when we rang to ask if we could get the TV on we were told nobody wants the TV, so that was that no TV, which made the evening a bit long as we were getting back in about 8pm. The oven did not work but the day after a microwave was put in and the oven fixed while we were out. The noise from the other apartments could be loud at times the walls are very thin, I think there is a lot of long term residents staying there. The centre is about a 15 min walk down very steep hills which hurt a bit a bit walking back up, but am not fit could be fine for others. Overall it was fine for what we needed, would I stay again, no

Very nice apartment in a quiet surrounding of Stavanger.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

The owner looked rather drunk and arrogant. We had to wait a long time to receive our key code.

Very nice apartment in a quiet surrounding of Stavanger. 15min drive from airport and 10min to city centre.

The host was amazing - met us late at night to let us in and...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

The host was amazing - met us late at night to let us in and contacted us after our trip to let us know we had left a wallet behind! He is arranging to have it posted back as we speak. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Staff answers promptly
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

wifi weak in far room would be very nice to have washing machine soap available in a spare box

Staff answers promptly Clean and close to grocery store 10min from bus by foot

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Comfortable beds, the kitchen is well equipped and clean.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The shower was leaking. And some of the stuff were broken.

Comfortable beds, the kitchen is well equipped and clean. Tv with English programmes.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

very clean like a home, comfortable, good kitchen, close to...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

better for people who drive

very clean like a home, comfortable, good kitchen, close to supermarket, quiet area, suitable for family

Good parking and convenient store near by.

Tv didn't work

Good parking and convenient store near by.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Ruimte was zeer groot

Bed was nogal hard

Ruimte was zeer groot

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

value

value

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Asked to check out at 10:00 even though booking.com confirmation says it is 11:00.

Close proximity to city center.

Good place for overnight stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The Donna was too small for a double bed

Had everything we needed

My wife and I had a very pleasureable stay here.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Smelled like food/curry. Shower did not drain well.

Nice place with convenient location near downtown Stavanger.

Stunning location

A little bit cold upstairs, not 100% clean

Really nice house with lot of room both in inside and outside in an amazing location

Great accommodation for price
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Basic accommodation. Could do with little home comforts like tea/coffee. No wine bottle opener!

practical, good price, clean

practical, good price, clean

Extremely bad wifi.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Extremely bad wifi. Cannot connect easily.

High value for money, nice, clean and well shaped.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was comfortable, new, well shaped, clean, and has many good facilities inside

Although 2 bedroom advert said for 2 people only so booked...

Although 2 bedroom advert said for 2 people only so booked extra apartment for 1 person which was not necessary.

The bed very comfortable

The bed very comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Work trip
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

In the bathroom there were some sort of bugs, could have been just bad luck

Området, standard and value for money

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Clean, comfortable and well located apartment.

There could have been a better variety of kitchen utensils. No wine glasses. Not exactly the end of the world though!

Clean, comfortable and well located apartment. Modern small kitchen. Free wifi. Right next to a grocery shop and restaurant. Good modern furniture. A really good base for the weekend.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Fantastic location.

Fantastic location. Close to city, supermarket, bakery, lake, centre.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

Clean and good self-catering facilities

WiFi problems but was resolved later

Clean and good self-catering facilities

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.