Reviews of Thon Hotel Panorama 3 stars

Raadhusgaten 7 B, 0151 Oslo, Norway

#38 of 157 hotels in Oslo

Room clean, service is good.
    • Family Room

Bathroom design has some problem, toilet paper is placed too far from toilet.

Room clean, service is good. Breakfast is awesome. Walking distance to train station.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Excellent, clean, comfortable, centrally located with great staff.

Really, everything was great. I would have liked a ramp to get into the front desk area, as each time we had to carry the stroller and suitcases up a bunch of stairs. Also people smoked right in the courtyard outside the common area, and often the smoke would waft in. We were on the 2nd floor and there was a low roof just under our windows with beer cans and cigarette butts, so I guess someone hangs out there under the windows occasionally, which made me a little uncomfortable, but really overall was a great place.

The breakfast was very expansive, multiple options, good food. I loved the coffee options (regular vs cappucino vs nespresso) and the fact that coffee and tea were available day and night. The hotel was very centrally located and felt safe, even though it was in a slightly empty appearing area (no shops or apartments around, just empty appearing office buildings and empty storefronts). The staff were excellent and friendly and even made a nice bag breakfast for us when we had to leave extremely early for a train. The room itself was large, comfortable and had a nice big couch and bathroom.

Great location, friendly staff, value for money.
    • Business Double Room

Was a great location for us to reach this hotel from the ferry terminal, 5-10 mins by taxi. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had a room booked for 3 people and on our request they had our room ready for an early check-in at 10:30 in the morning which we really appreciated. The hotel is also close to a hop-on hop-off bus stop & the Fjord cruise start points which was important and helpful for my parents and me as we could walk to everything. It has many nice restaurants close by too. Overall a great experience.

Great area, wonderful views & breakfast but room for some improvement!
    • Family Room

The pillows didn't smell fresh and clean. I had to use a towel to cover the musty odor. The bathroom wasn't flushed when I checked in, someone had used it :( and lastly, there were no proper storage areas (shelves or closet) to store our clothes! And this was despite the fact that there was plenty of room in the living area for at least one of these to be installed.

The roomy shower, the breakfast was varied and very good. Our view on the 12th floor was very nice!

Very nice hotel. I will recommend it to friends
    • Business Double Room

The only feedback from me was that the room was a bit small for 4 people.

We loved the location, cleanliness and breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful! I especially loved the Nespresso machine!

The hotel is very very nice.

The parkibg situation we didnt like. On the website it said that public parkibg is available. I didnt think i will end up spending 280 nk for a day.

The hotel is very very nice. The room and the beds and the shiwer were clean and comfi..breakfast was geat!

We would stay again hopefully with lower temperatures in Oslo.

Unfortunately the hotel is not air conditioned and the temperatures in Oslo were abnormally high so the rooms were somewhat uncomfortable for sleeping. The hotel did provide a fan which was helpful. Room had windows and doors that provided some ventilation but also allowed for noise from other noisy guests. Outer appearance of hotel not overly welcoming.

Location was excellent. We walked everywhere. Dining options within walking distance. People were nice. Room was comfortable and very Scandinavian design. Staff worked with us to change rooms when windows in our assigned room would not open. Breakfast was very good.

Great location and balcony rooms give a fantastic view
    • Family Room

Our room was an apartment with a sofa bed in the living room and a very small separate bedroom. Lots of room in the main part, but the small bedroom was very cramped.

Huge room with a balcony and a superb view. Excellent walk-in shower. Really good breakfast, Good location, near enough to walk from the station, but also near to the harbour and the opera house.

Norway is amazing u have to visit

I booked two months in advance and asked for high floor to see Oslo panorama and i asked for high floor during my booking and i chose this hotel only for this reason as this hotel has high floors, unfortunately they did not gave me such request and they gave me a room in tbe seventh floor surrounded with blocks of buildings and cement walls and the reception hostess who carried out my check in said no availability but while check out other hostess told me that it was possible to have upgrade with extra money and i told her that offer was not presented to me during my check in, many friends were waiting for my impression to start booking this hotel in August, but because of my negative impression they booked different hotel - the design of the room is very bad; very small partition in which the bed is located and a small separated hall with TV and pathroom- no place to hang your clothes, no wardrobes, u feel as u r in a mice room while sleeping, . slow lift and also the 2 tight lifts are utilizing also by housekeeping, the room is basic furnished no way to be fit for two persons they will really suffer.. no ramp to big bags and lugages at hotel entrance and u have to bear your heavy lugages 4 steps up. waited too long for check out only one staff is available at that time 10.00 am

brsakfast is rich and staff are nice in particular the reception girl who guided me to Oslo attractions , small balcony to smell fresh air and sit in the sun (if the sun is there) neat to the central station, opera , and the city hall. very easy taxi booking at the lobby by using ipad. oslo pass is available for purchase at the reception

Very comfortable stay in great location

Superb location, easy walking from Central station and to the centre of Oslo. Good breakfast, and coffee all day by the foyer. Our room had a separate living area, and albeit a very small bedroom, we could close it off, which was useful with our different jet lag sleep needs. Highly recommended for a short stay.

We only stayed one night and had an overall pleasant experience.
    • Family Room

The "panorama" - just a brick wall some 5-6 meters away from the room's windows and balcony. I guess there was better view on the front and side of the hotel but the back rooms look out on a closed small backyard. That should be mentioned when one books with the option to upgrade to a better view if one so desires.

Perfect location, close to the center, the Castle, the Opera house, the water promenade just ca 10min away. Good breakfast , good coffee. Nice and friendly staff. Luggage room available if you need to store your bags after check-out.

All in all a pleasant experience.
    • Family Room

Bedroom was a bit cramped. Bathroom was poorly designed and the shower positioned so water splashed everywhere.

Good hotel location. The view could be better, but we really enjoyed the room’s balcony anyway. Great breakfast buffet and good service.

Oslo - ideal citi break.

Beds were too soft.

The location is perfect - both close to city center and quiet. Staff was very friendly and nice. Check-in and -out went perfectly quick. Breakfast was deliciuous - plenty of things to choose from. There is free coffee and tee in the lobby.

Payment process was hell
    • Family Room

The payment process was a pain in the a**. We paid with a mastercard debit with 6 digits of pin but their machine was only registered for 4 digits because I quote "I have never seen this card, in Norway the pin is usually 4 digits". Of course she hasn't seen my card because it's a debit card from my country. Please lady, keep in mind that tourists come from all around the world with different cards. She insisted that I should use another card or take out cash. Mind you that I just used the card to buy train tickets at the station 30 mins before and it was fine.

Spacious room like an apartment. We ordered a room for 3 guests and the room we got was a 1 bedroom apartment. The bedroom consists of a double bed while the third bed was in the living room made of sofabed which the staff already prepared.

Having arrived at 6 am on the night train from Bergen, the...

Having arrived at 6 am on the night train from Bergen, the staff was super kind as to have our room ready and offer breakfast. Large bedroom, super central, very quiet

Best place in Oslo
    • Family Room

All hotel staffs are so nice. Breakfast and coffee are very good. The hotel is located in the city center, just 5 minuets walk to the oslo S station. Good wifi :))

Mixed feelings.
    • Family Room

Sadly breakfast was chaotic and not a pleasant experience. No tongs were visible around bread/roll station or cloth to place over bread whilst cutting. Children were picking up foods i.e. cheese and meats, then deciding not to have and just putting back. Hence we just had juice and cereal that nobody could maul before hand. Also, having triple room meant the third bed was made up in the seating area. Which had no curtains only voiles and the office blocks opposite kept their light on all night making it impossible to sleep.

Exceptional view from room overlooking fjords was the highlight. Free hot drinks area in lobby was a bonus bearing in mind high cost of drinks in Oslo. Close to all major sights and just a five minute walk from railway station.

Ideal for the purpose of our visit and at a reasonable price.
    • Family Room

The hotel does not have a bar.

We were in Oslo four days to visit our daughter who lives there. My wife and I enjoyed our visit very much but we prefer the climate in our native London. The hotel was chosen primarily for the convenience of its location vis a vis the apartment where our daughter lives. It proved to be clean, comfortable and ideal fo our visit.

Nice room.
    • Family Room

The main lamp wasn't working, so the room was dark. The man at the desk didn't provide another lamp.

Nice room. quiet. Good breakfast. Good bed.

Comfortable, a good location and a great breakfast. Watch out for room choice though. Mine was bad.

My room was located right beside a security door on the second floor which made a lot of noise as guests tried to open it. It was very noisy and sounded like someone was constantly trying to get into my room which meant my sleep was interrupted and I was a bit on edge. If I had been staying longer I would have requested a different room.

The breakfast was really great. A wonderful selection and delicious crispy bacon. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and guided us to some lovely restaurants nearby. The SmartTV in the bedroom was a lovely bonus and meant you could relax and watch Netflix etc. The shower was so powerful too. The hotel is very near the harbour area which is great for tourists.

central acommadition
    • Family Room

night a bit cold but its not a big problem in september

closer to central train station and heart of city... good breakfast and we stayed family room so we had kitchen in room . it was good ... clean and helpfull personel what can I want more

Must redo :)

Thon Hotel Panorama is very close to Oslo Train Station (the main point of arrival for those landing in Norway with the airplane) and is very close to the city centre. Clean, elegant, excellent breakfast and shower pressure. Room is not huge, but has really everything you need.

A nice budget hotel in the centre of Oslo
    • Family Room

The room did not have any plugs next to the bed.

Room was huge, hotel had a nice terrace as well and it is close to the train station and most of the touristic things to do in Oslo.

Best Breakfast + Great Room + Friendly Staff
    • Family Room

The BEST breakfast buffet we encountered on our trip. (Included in price of the room!) 24-hour access to coffee, cappuccino, etc. Short walk to Central Station for train to plane. Close to restaurants and harbors. Big spacious room. Friendly staff. Shower a bit different (no enclosure!) but worked fine. We had a lovely small balcony, too. We were a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 21-year olds traveling - this was the biggest, most comfortable room we occupied.

Very good for sightseeing Oslo
    • Family Room

Bathroom poorly designed, water everywhere after shower. Only one lift working, had to wait ages as this is a high rise hotel.

Spacious room including kitchenette. Very good breakfast.

Location was great base for exploring city;
    • Business Double Room

Location was great base for exploring city; 5 blocks from central train station so able to walk to hotel with luggage. Nice breakfast buffet with good variety of options.

Great hotel centrally located with helpful staff!
    • Business Double Room

We did not like the fact that the elevator was very small and almost claustrophobic when a number of people were inside. It didn't help that the second elevator was being repaired during our stay. The pull out bed was extremely uncomfortable in the suite. It was the worst night's sleep I had on our entire holiday away. Those who slept in the bedroom said their bed was comfortable.

The location of the hotel was central and close to the train station making it very convenient for us. We loved the variety in the buffet in the morning for breakfast - it was delicious and included wonderful selections. The tea and coffee available for our use was a nice touch. The suite was clean and the large windows let in a lovely breeze at night. The concierge was fantastic giving us an upgraded room, which was so kind. He also allowed us a late check-out which made the end of our trip very positive!

Highly recommend Thon Hotel in Oslo!

Only 1 lift was working (temporarily problem).

Staff were exceptional! Bubbly & friendly & helpful. Location of the hotel was good (5 minute walk from Central Station). Our room was comfortable and spacious. Good breakfast & wifi worked well.

Great location, nice hotel, fantastic breakfast, would come back.
    • Business Double Room

One of 2 elevators didn't work causing major delays. Design of bathroom results in everything getting wet anytime someone showers.

Breakfast buffet was awesome, very clean, staff very helpful, great location

Super!
    • Business Double Room

Internet not working on the evening times (overloaded ?) , some lamps was not working and was not clear how to turn them on. No sunscreens on the main room - all sun goes in from the dawn till dusk. Sleeping room is ok. but if you are 3+ people and sleeping in main room - take eyecovers if you need to sleep in shade.

Awesome view on high floors, location - near everything walking distance, breakfast. Fridge, kettle in the room!

Excellent place but pay attention

The receptionists were uneven in their service. The one that checked us in told us about the 13th floor facilities, free laundry etc. The other families that arrive at other times did not know about it at all. Also, we later learned that the desk should have stamps our receipts (more than a $1000) with the tax free stamp so we can get the taxes back at the airport! Only at the airport we learned about it As I said uneven service.

Location, breakfast, the 13th floor facilities, free laundry (!!!)

Good hotel well located

We were upgraded to an nice apartment with a view of the roofs. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is at 10 minutes from the train station and very located to visit Oslo. The staff is very nice and helpful.

Good location , nice room and great breakfast
    • Family Room

All very good . Only thing regarding bed room is that it needs more lighting , only has 2 small reading lamps , stays quite dark even in morning .

Very nice hotel , close to all city attractions we went to and also railway station only an easy walk away . Great breakfast with lots of options and great to have complimentary coffee in reception through out day .

Best Hotel Breakfast I've seen!
    • Family Room

My room was located at the end of a long hallway which was a bit tricky, but all in all, I really have very few complaints.

I booked a family room alone, as we were going to be a group of girls having takeaway in the room before going out to see a show and celebrate. The room was huge, and it was a great space for a gathering if you're coming to Oslo to meet friends and hang out. The staff was very kind and helpful, and only added a 300 NOK when one of my friends needed to stay the second night, as I had booked it only for one. The breakfast was overwhelmingly amazing, there was huge amounts of delicious, tasty foods of all varieties. I had an excellent stay!

We spend two nights stay at the hotel .

We spend two nights stay at the hotel . It had good and convenient distance from all the attraction points - Central Station and many more - The staff English skill set was great assistance for the business travelers like us - Jayasurya -Country Manager India - WindSim AS

Location ,room,breakfast view from our room!
    • Family Room

The only issue was the curtains / shade for summer time sleeping did not block the light enough . This was a problem all across Norway . It's so easy to fix this.

Location ,room,breakfast view from our room!

Okay, but some room for improvement.

Attention to facilities was off a bit. Our first room had NO ventilation and the one window didn't open. There were no plugs in the bedroom so had to charge your phone/alarm in the other room. They moved us. In the second room, the shower was missing a second door so water got all over the bathroom. Netflix didn't work in either room so cable tv only. Wifi was spotty.

Location was great. Breakfast was tasty and accommodated gluten free and dairy free needs.

Close to train station

Even though hotel is close to station, very difficult to pull rolled luggate because of uneven streets and cobblestones. take a taxi

We had to leave early and the front desk person got the restaurant to let us in 15 minutes before opening time for the buffet breakfast, which was excellent.

We will be back
    • Business Double Room

No curtain at living room where we had sofa bed for 3rd person and hard to sleep after 3 am due to sun

Quite close at walking distance to central station, Karl Johan and all other attractions. Decent breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Room above expectation
    • Business Double Room

Breakfast room not so cosy - but breakfast as such was fine

Got an amazingly big room, rather an apartment actually, with bedroom separated with wall and kitchenette. Top floor, great view, balcony.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

A comfortable stay

It's several blocks from the Oslo S train station so if you have a lot of luggage, maybe a hotel right by the station is your best bet.

Breakfast was very good. Room was spacious, with a sofa and a mini-kitchen. Bed was comfortable. There's unlimited coffee 24/7.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Pleasant and functional for a short stay
    • Family Room

It wasn't quite the family room as pictured on the website- it had a wall separating the bedroom from the living room (where the sofa bed is) and hence it made the bedroom too small to accomodate the size of the bed and tv Two good sized wardrobes but no lights in the area to see to use them. Would be better off just having open hanging space instead and a luggage shelf

Staff very welcoming Nice foyer and breakfast Good value for money

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great stay in Olso
    • Family Room

It was a little bit hot in the room at night (better than being cold but it made sleeping a bit tricky, couldn't find the heating controls). In the end we opened the window and let some cold, October Oslo night air in!

Fantastic breakfast. Very friendly staff. We had a nice big room with a balcony. Very comfy and an easy walk to Aker Brygge. Not too far from Oslo S central station, walkable.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great hotel!
    • Family Room

The property was centrally located. The staff were very friendly and professional and the general manager was incredibly helpful and giving of her time. As a result we will seek out the Thon hotel chain and it's affiliates when we travel.

Very clean and comfortable.

No bar or restaurant. No plug in the bathroom sink

Very clean and comfortable.

Very clean, roomy, and functional.

Very clean, roomy, and functional. Breakfast excellent. Good location, easy walk from train station. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Brunch was awesome. Location is great for both trains and DFDS overnight ferry to Copenhagen

Pillows were uncomfortable even though new. No options for softer pillows.

Brunch was excellent.

Relatively good city hotel in a good location .
    • Family Room

No parking available, although pre-booked. Lack of air conditioning.

Goodl location. Bed was comfortable. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was good.

big apartment with balcony

breakfast in room without light, maybe too few seats for all the people

big apartment with balcony

Staff- Breakfast-Cleanliness

Bathroom and Location

Staff- Breakfast-Cleanliness

The location was very central.
    • Family Room

The shower stalls were too small.

The location was very central. Breakfast was good.

Great hotel with great breakfast and strategic location.

No closet.

Great breakfast. Spacious room with good facilities. Strategic location.

Central location.
    • Business Double Room

Central location. Spacious corner room. Nice views from the 11th-floor balcony. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

Kind staff, free coffee, good breakfast.
    • Family Room

Kind staff, free coffee, good breakfast.

Balcony in the room, patio, great location, very nice...

Balcony in the room, patio, great location, very nice breakfast

The hotel has a good location and value for the money.
    • Family Room

The hotel has a good location and value for the money. The view from the 12 floor was excellent

breakfast

light issue in the first room, upgraded to a larger room with still light issue (light switch useless)

breakfast

Breakfast was excellent.
    • Family Room

There are not blackouts on the windows

Breakfast was excellent. A lot of options and delicious.

It’s too warm without air condition

It’s too warm without air condition

rooms were spacious
    • Family Room

had a family room. separate bedrooms which was nice but there was no common area.

rooms were spacious

Comfortable stay

Breakfast and having a suite

Very good breakfast.
    • Family Room

Very good breakfast. Big room with terrasse.

service, location, and breakfast

bathroom

service, location, and breakfast

great central location with excellent facilities for family stay

great to have a balcony

superb hotel

none

well located, great breakfast

Breakfast.

The door to the bathroom is opened without comfort.

Breakfast.

Amazing breakfast.

Amazing breakfast.

The accommodations, the balcony and breakfast were...
    • Business Double Room

Norwegian showers draining all over the bathroom floor.

The accommodations, the balcony and breakfast were outstanding!

1 Elevator was often broken, only one working

1 Elevator was often broken, only one working

Great breakfast

Beds were hard.

Great breakfast

Great Family Hotel
    • Family Room

Lovely hotel for family with a kids activity pack for each child upon arrival and lots of space in the family room. Breakfast was also very nice.

We went back a second time because we liked it so much

We went back a second time because we liked it so much

Breakfast is fantastic!

Breakfast is fantastic!

Excellent room, excellent breakfast

Excellent room, excellent breakfast

Breakfast and location
    • Family Room

Good location. Clean and comfortable. Very good breakfast.