Reviews of Thon Hotel Opera 4 stars

Dronning Eufemias gate 4, 0191 Oslo, Norway

#9 of 157 hotels in Oslo

Based on 1969 hotel reviews

Location is very convenient.
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff could have been friendlier. Doesn’t cost much to smile! Adapters should be available of different kinds to meet requirements of travelers from all over the world.

Location is very convenient. Right next to train station and walking distance to many attractions.

We couldn’t have been happier with our choice!

No complaints!

After an exhausting journey and an arrival after midnight, we were thrilled to find the hotel just steps from the Flytoget terminus at Central Station. The hotel is newly renovated and very comfortable.

Good compromise if you are traveling for business
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was good quality but espresso coffee and fresh juices not available

Proximity to Oslo Central Station is great advantage if you have to catch a train

Best location for train travellers.
    • Standard Twin Room

The wifi did not work in our room and we had to walk about 50 metres down the Hall to check lur emails. A part from soap dispensers on the wall there were no other products in the bathroom.

Location and great breakfasts

Wonderful hotel with great location
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff were very friendly, the room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast buffet was delicious with LOTS of variety. Hands down the best buffet I have ever experienced Being located across from the train station was very convenient as well

5th time here, see ya next year!

All good.

Our room was great 10 floor with balcony looking over the city. Easy acess from airport. Great location , late Sunday check when available " summer special" !!!!!

Due to its location, I will stay there again. But will pick others if option is available.
    • Standard Twin Room

Eventhough they have about 4 reception counters, only 1 or 2 are being manned. Hence the lines for check in was very long, And no one at concierge too. This happened both days we were there.

Location is best. Breakfast offers large variety of everything, sumptuous.

location is great and teh employees are friendly
    • Standard Single Room

I mentioned that I would be alone and got a very tiny, small single bedroom room for 300 euro's a night. After I checked if I could get a regualr double thye changed it (so happy with that) but I normally expect a double for that price.

location is great and teh employees are friendly

Great location, great breakfast, great choice!

Great location adjacent to Oslo central station, and also within easy walking distance to the city centre. Very quiet and comfortable room. Breakfast was exceptional, probably offering the best choice of options we have ever seen in our travels. Very efficient and helpful staff. We highly recommend this fine establishment for a great stay in Oslo.

Fantastic place for weekend relax
    • Standard Twin Room

There was nothing that I disliked.

Hotel is located in the city center, very convenient for people coming to the town via bus or train. Walking distance to most city attractions. Staff was very friendly and communicative. Breakfasts were just amazing. Very wide range of products (local and international), fresh and tasty. I recommend this hotel as great base for city trip.

The breakfast is probably one of the best you will find,...

The breakfast is probably one of the best you will find, especially as it's included in the cost of the room. We visited Oslo 3 years ago and came back to this hotel mostly as that's how much my wife loved the breakfast.

Not worth its price.

Not worth its price. It should be TWICE cheaper! Nothing special in breakfast. There is no body lotion and no slippers & wardrobes in the room. Overpriced even for Norway

Good location and nice staff, and delicious breakfast are points for us to come again.

The space of room is a bit tide for us, we have 3 people share one room.

The breakfast is delicious and wonderful. The location is very good, and the staff is so nice.

not worth the money
    • Standard Twin Room

There was no internet 50% of the time. You simply could not log in. Staff was informed not much changed. The location is close to the opera. But in 20 min walking radius there is nothing nice around.The nice areas in Oslo are beyond the 30 min walking from the hotel.There was a 50% promotion but even at that price the value was not worth it. Rooms are clean but very spartan.Staff is quite cold.I would not book this place again.

Breakfast was very good.Proximity to the train station.

Excellent service.
    • Standard Twin Room

Excellent service. Delicious breakfast. Great location. Very central for all business and tourist spots. Central access point for all forms of public transport.

Amazing location, friendly and knowledgeable staff, well designed and energy efficient rooms.

We had to ask for extra towels-which was not a big deal.

The front desk staff MADE our trip perfect. They were so nice and helpful. I almost wanted to invite them to visit us in America.

Great location right at the train station. Would stay here again for convenience and food.

We booked a room for three people to share but it was such a very tiny room that we could hardly move with the extra bed made up. It might have been better to offer two rooms with a small discount on the second room? It really was not comfortable.

Breakfast was fantastic, one of the best we've seen. Lots of gluten free food foods available for coeliacs - very exciting for people who can do often have only a boiled egg and a piece of fruit.

Weekend break

Staff at reception - could be cold and snippy. Not all - but some were a little too austere.

Very clean / modern / fab facilities. La Scala excellent dining experience. Would definitely go back. Oslo a fabulous city too.

Great location, right beside the Main Oslo Train Station and...
    • Standard Single Room

The Single-person Room is small, could be 50% larger!

Great location, right beside the Main Oslo Train Station and Airport Express Train Terminal. Very convenient to the Oslo Opera House.

Great choice if you want something in the city near the train station.
    • Standard Twin Room

We stayed at this hotel for one night because of our early morning flight and its proximity to the airport express train. The hotel is basically connected to the train station - it's a one minute walk. Hotel exceeded my expectations; rooms were small but tidy. We were given snack boxes at checkout because of our early start (4:20am). No issue with noise, safety etc. Would stay there again if I had an early start or arrived late in Oslo and wanted something close to the station.

We liked the décor, and the buffet breakfast, and the named...

We liked the décor, and the buffet breakfast, and the named room matched one of our names so that felt nice. It is very conveniently placed next to the Oslo Railway Station and to bus and tram lines for visiting the sights, and to connect to the ferry to the ship museums.

Location was great, so was the accommodation.
    • Standard Single Room

Nothing, I enjoyed my stay there.

Location was great, so was the accommodation. The room I booked was not available, so they upgraded me to a bigger one. Food is also very good. Staff is excellent.

Make sure you have NOK and ready to wake up at night when extending your stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Trust issues. Having had extended a few days I was called in the room in 5 10 mins intervals late one evening whilst asleep to come and put forward a deposit! I told them I was sleeping but still they called. I went down angry. Still had a deposit from my last stay of 4 nights and asked them if they were kidding. Wanted me to go to the train station to change euros as they don't take euros and that's all I had. Really weird treatment front the front desk. Note that past bill was paid in full and deposit still held. So I probably would seek out another hotel next time due to the unfriendly back office staff that decided not to come out of the door that the receptionist had to go into to ask who had called me so often in my room. Spent 2k euros at the hotel for 6 nights including extras. Next time not so sure..

Clean. Nice breakfast. Conveniently located

Will book it next time again, if price won't increase
    • Standard Single Room

My room was small but enough for one night trip. Btw, view to the fjord is now gone due to a new building in the front.

Breakfast very good, very close to Oslo Central Station (Oslo S) and therefore an ideal connection from the airport also.

Very convenient hotel stay in central Oslo with fab bre

Everything is expensive, not their fault just Norway and weak pound. Alcohol is off the scale - again Norway and weak pound - not the hotel. It didn't bother us at all but this is promoted as a business hotel, which might not be to everybody's taste. To be honest this was an advantage for us as no kids and by the time we went to breakfast it was pretty quiet and relaxed.

The hotel is right beside the railway station where the train arrives from the airport AND where the trains go out to other main areas of Norway such as Bergen. This was fantastic for us. Breakfast is included and was amazing - great choice and great quality and well cooked. I wasn't that well so we ended up having dinner in the hotel both night as well. Again the food was excellent, in particular the fish. It was not overpriced compared to other restaurants, in fact for Oslo seemed reasonable value. The staff were very friendly, in particular those at dinner. Very easy to walk everywhere else in central Oslo.

The only one thing I recommend is the location which is just...
    • Standard Twin Room

The room service is the worst I have met even though it is the four stars hotel (you will feel very disappointed). There is no one answer when I called the front desk, room service, reservation many times. I need to go downstairs to ask the staff at 10pm. And the drainage of washbasin was stocked during the stay, and no one can help us because the worst service.

The only one thing I recommend is the location which is just next to the Oslo train station. You can stored your luggage’s after checking out.

There were some "dislikes" I did not expect from Opera I have been knowing for more than 10 years..
    • Business Double Room

It was a Superior double room, but there were some "dislikes": the pipe under the sink leaked, so I felt it on my legs while brushing teeth; when draining off water in the bathtub water flow on floor grates; there were some holes on the bed sheet; the chocolate bar from mini bar was expired in 2017. The amazing view on Oslo fjord is closed by loud building.. In 2 days I stayed in a Standard double room, where everything was ok.

Nespresso coffee machine, L'Occitane "things", a big bathtube and a big room

My stay on 27/01 was incident free. My stay on 14/01 was appalling.
    • Standard Twin Room

Recently (14th January) a colleague of mine was attacked by another resident in the Thon Opera hotel's elevator. Police were called and had a great deal of difficulty with the culprit although he was eventually cuffed and taken away. My colleague went to ER and was consequently flown back to the UK with a smashed right hand. I arrived an hour after the incident. The hotel was hopeless - didn't call an ambulance, offered no support, no consequent checks that my colleague had returned from ER, no further assistance. The manager then failed to show for a meeting the following morning to discuss. Legal action is now being taken. The Health & Safety standards at this hotel MUST be checked. Junior staff appeared to be entirely alone in a critical situation. The hotel cannot of course be responsible for the behaviour of guests (the person in question was found to be a heavy drug user) but must respond properly to a badly injured guest, and be staffed to do so. The young staff confessed 'were all alone here'. This will not do.

In general the staff are pleasant if a little harassed

Perfect!!!

Absolutely nothing.

Centrally and conveniently located. 2 minutes walk from the central station (express train from and to the airport only 20 minutes away) and 5 minutes to the city center. Very clean and the most comfortable bed we've ever stayed in Europe. Freshly squeezed orange juice was fantastic. Breakfast was amazing with huge verity of food. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. They took their time to provide us direction how to get to places e.g bus number, train line to Museum and the like. The manager, Chris went out of his way to accommodate us. He reduced our room rate to compensate us for missing out on breakfast on 3rd morning due to misunderstanding of breakfast finishes time (weekends and weekdays breakfast finish at 11am 10am respectively. But we were told breakfast finishes at 11am at the check in time). Further, when we decided to extend our stay for another two nights with the hotel directly, Chris was able to offer us the same room rate even though the official rate per night had gone up by quite a lot. This enhances our stay and provides lasting fond memory of Oslo. So thank you everyone at Thon Hotel Opera. Will definitely be staying here agin when in Oslo. Highly recommended to all.

The break fast excellent.
    • Economy Single Room

The room was tiny, the bed was for infants and there was no hot water from the tap. Tiny bathroom too.

The break fast excellent. British, French, continental and Nordic! Could not enjoy it more.

great location - ideal if you will take the plane or train anywhere
    • Business Double Room

getting on the internet is poor - this interface is terrible and needs to be fixed pronto! Once on the internet is good.

Great location - across the street from Oslo S main train station - 20 minutes non-stop high speed train from the airport. Located in town center and easy to get anywhere from here. Quiet rooms (good noise isolating double glass) and rooms excellent condition. breakfast also very nice.

We will choose another hotel, next time.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was smaller and when you opened the window, you looked into a wall 50 cm away.It was claustrofobic and we had to pay a lot for changing the room.We will never use this Company again.

Very pleasant especially the Dronning Eufamias dining experience.

Ridiculous drinks prices but that is Norway which unfortunately dramatically reduces people, all over the country, eating out.

Friendly check in, very nice room, 904, with excellent view. Excellent Special dinner selection in Dronning Eufamias restaurant (main 3rd floor restaurant closed). Good breakfast, eggs a bit hit and miss.

Great location, excellent breakfast.
    • Economy Single Room

The room was too cold. However, the toilet was warm and both the tap and the shower had hot water. Nevertheless, I was travelling with 2 other colleagues, and their rooms were warm. The heating seemed to be not working only in my room. The baggage table was not steady.

The hotel is located in a very convinient area, just a couple of minutes walk from the central station, from where trains depart every 10 min to the airport. It is walking distance from the Opera, and from a shopping and dinning area. The breakfast is excellent. It was a wide variety of products, from more healthy options to more filling. Wifi is fast.

Wonderful stay!
    • Business Double Room

The chairs and table at the balcony was filled with dust by the time we checked in! The coffee machine as well and the cups was dusty! the second day after room service (room cleaning) specially at those spots weren't cleaned properly ! even the glasses and cups with coffee from the day before weren't clean ! No in room dining service! other than that everything was wonderful.

Excellent location just 4 minutes walk to Center Station. Great breakfast with my choices and selections. wonderful and helpful staff.

Fantastic Hotel & Location

Location is excellent : in the center, and with direct connection to "Flytoget" express train Oslo center - airport . The Hotel facilities are top, the breakfast buffet amazing and Very kind Staff.

The fraudulent charges changed my opinion of this hotel, Thon hotels needs better security. FAIL.
    • Standard Twin Room

This hotel is attempting to charge my credit card for a fraudulent bar charge, possibly made by another guest in a different room, I am currently going through a dispute process with chase visa to rectify this annoying situation. The hotel at check-out told me they would not charge me when I alerted them to this situation but they are attempting to collect after the fact.

Brilliant time bad football result but we still qualified for the playoffs

The prices in Oslo are ridiculous.

Fantastic hotel,brilliant location next to train station and 5 min walk into centre.The City is so clean and the people so polite with fantastic English.

convenient spot for city sight seeing.

No provisions for early buffet breakfast if you have to catch a train to the airport before 6 AM. Only a breakfast package.

Close proximity to city transportation and excellent if you are travelling by train to and from the airport on a rainy day (which often happens in Oslo) because the walkway is almost all under cover. Only a few minutes walk to rail station. Breakfast is good.

Nice and central hotel.

A bit expensive compared to the actual level of comfort and service. I guess the price reflects the location.

Nice hotel very central in Oslo. Perfect for a city visit.

WiFI was fast - breaksfast was good - romm was fine as well...
    • Standard Twin Room

check out was rather tragic - took us alsmot 20 mins - receptionist issued both receipts under one name without asking and then took ages to correct

WiFI was fast - breaksfast was good - romm was fine as well - check in was ok - but was waiting whilst apparently there was another receptionist in the back - despite a longish queue

Hotel is conveniently located for all types of travelers.

The room and the facility are a little bit outdated. It is difficult to keep the area around the shower dry due to poor shower door design.

Location is excellent, 1 minute walk to the main train station which is also hub for subway, regional train. It has express train that takes you directly to the airport. In addition, in front of the train station, there are plenty of buses and trolleys.

Handy location and cleanliness.
    • Standard Twin Room

A bit pricey. Hot water takes a while to flow through to the tap. What a waste of water. No provision for a sit down early breakfast other than a packaged one that you have to order the night before. One would have thought a quality hotel would see to the comfort of it's guests first. Even a budget hotel we stayed in provided early breakfast at 05.00AM for the guests.

Close proximity to train station and all modes of public transportation which comes in real handy if you have an early morning flight or if you have lots of luggage and is reliant on the train to get you to the airport. Very central to everything too.

Very convenient

Location very convenient. We caught the standard train from the airport to the hotel and then the next day the train to Bergen to board a cruise. Hotel is at the station

• Standard Twin Room

Between the opera and the hotel there is a new building: the Oslo Public Library. Not more views of the opera nor of the sea. That should be clarified in the information provided in booking. Is at leas, confussing.

Perfect hotel for a stay in Oslo: located in direct vicinity...
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi connection did not work. Only with smartphone as hot spot.

Perfect hotel for a stay in Oslo: located in direct vicinity of the main train station in walking distance to the city center (direct and quick connection to Oslo Int. Airport). Quiet and clean rooms with very comfortable box-spring bed. Excellent breakfast buffet with a big choice of very good quality. (Although all conference rooms were booked, there were sufficient places to work without disturbance. And the "snack bar" made it quite enjoyable.)

I spent 6 nights (5 + 1) at this splendid hotel in the heart...

Hallway carpets were a bit stained but it's a huge hotel with a lot of traffic.

I spent 6 nights (5 + 1) at this splendid hotel in the heart of Oslo. Its bland exterior belies the stylishness of the interior. My rooms, each on the west side overlooked the bustling plaza at the south entrance to the station, with far reaching views beyond. The huge breakfast buffet catered to all possible tastes. The bland regular coffee was supplemented by espresso pod machines for a stronger kick. The staff were friendly and helpful (particularly Marte on the front desk). The location is perfect...5 minutes to the Opera House at the head of the fjord, ditto to the central bus and tram stops and ditto to Carl Johan (pedestrianized Main street). My rooms were well equipped with a comfortable seating area and windows that opened. The luxurious bathroom included wash cloths which isn't always the case, and the pleasure of a heated floor. I was delighted with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Oslo.

Spacious room and bathroom.
    • Business Double Room

The room used to have a great view over the opera. Maybe would be fair from the hotel to advice that nowadays you'll just have the view over the construction site of the new library and from the balcony just enjoy the noise of it. Asked for a late check out, even at 1 pm and the answer was no without further reasons. The reception staff was just smiling-incompetent to answer any simple questions. The restaurant staff (3 waiters) were very busy chatting instead of working, the restaurant was almost empty but not empty. Would be a good idea to inform from the beginning that about 20% of the choices were not available. Used to be an excellent hotel, not anymore.

Spacious room and bathroom. Booked a better cathegory than the standard with balcony, fair price for Oslo standards. Good breakfast. Convenient location close to the main railway station.

Best location for joining the "Norway in a Nutshell '

We had requested early check in .They said they would try but ultimately didnt give us a room till after the normal check in time. A little extra effort on their part would have made our stay more memorable.

Location in particular

good value. Highly recommended.
    • Standard Twin Room

twin beds a bit narrow. It seems the same everywhere in Europe.

Great location. 2 min walk from central station. best breakfast I have had in ANY hotel ever.

The location was amazing.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location was amazing. Brian right next to the train station it was easy and safe to get to and from the airport easily. It was also close enough to walk to most of the top tourist attractions. The breakfast buffet was exceptional.

Superb views across Oslo from our room.

Superb views across Oslo from our room. Located right next door to the railway station so exceptionally easy to access. Very handy for the Opera House and the city centre. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Excellent value for money given the central location and the size of the room.

Great location and nice room
    • Standard Single Room

My friend's room got a problem because he booked a triple room too but the extra bed was not provided, so he need to call the front desk to have it arranged. The first day we were heading to breakfast, the electricity of the hotel was out. It was dark and the elevator stopped working, good lord we were not inside. We need to use the stairs to go to the breakfast room on the 3rd floor which the restaurant was also quite dark. An hour later, the electricity was back. We don't know what is wrong and this is the first time we experienced this considering a big hotel chain.

This is a huge hotel situated very close to the Opera House in Oslo. You can conveniently walk to the famous Karl's Johan gate street shopping and dining. Lots of shops and restaurants there. So the location is really a plus. We arrived via NSB train to the Central Station and it was raining, but the hotel is very close by and there is a way to walk there and still stay dry. :) The room is a bit small, maybe because we are staying at the triple room and the extra bed kinda took up the space. The bathroom is large with separate bath tub and shower area and amenities from L'Occitane :) Overall it was a good stay and a nice hotel. Breakfast is variety and good. Would recommend to stay here. Ohh, we tried the bar at the lobby. It was nice too.

The hotel was very convenient and comfortable.

The shower caused water on the bathroom floor (glass enclosure has a space at the bottom, and water leaks out). There was a column in the room.

The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.

Great location to explore Oslo.
    • Business Double Room

The AC did not work well, rooms were warm for sleeping. Small shower in the standard room. Generic shampoo/ body wash in the shower (i.e., bring your own).

Very convenient location. Breakfast is good and there is a large selection of foods to choose from to eat. The business rooms are more spacious than the standard room , with the bathroom being significantly larger. If you can afford the business room, it might be worth the extra cost (better views, size and amenities).

Felt like in the jungle - cut off from the internet for 2 days

Disregardful, unhelpful staff at the reception. Internet did not work in the room. We tried on 2 phones and 2 laptops. All worked at the reception but not in the room. For two days we asked for help. We were also ready to change the room. Unsuccessfully. On the first day we were told that on Sunday there is no one who can fix the malfunction. On the second day we were promised help. After half an hour of waiting I asked how much longer we would wait. The receptionist said she had no idea. No one came till the end of our stay! Sitting near the reception to have internet access (according to the staff advice) in 4* capital city hotel? It's ridiculous !!!

Convenient location. Good breakfast. Tasty dinner buffet at a very resonable price (320 NOK pp). Comfortable bathroom with a bathtub and a shower. Coffee machine. Cleanliness

Good for my purpose, overnight stay.
    • Economy Single Room

At breakfast, plates were cleared very quickly and when returning with another dish, the table had been taken by other guests. Had to find somewhere else to sit.

Good breakfast menu, plenty of choice.

Good location but bad service

Lots of tour groups. Hotel lost power, VERY slow to shift to auxiliary power. Had to take cold showers and carry bags down 9 flights of stairs as elevators not working. Breakfast disappointing - coffee terrible!! Hotel staff cold and insensitive.

Great location across from the train station and the Opera House. Unfortunately construction directly across from hotel so no view.

Will stay here again!

Absolutely Nothing!

It was right next to the train station so easy to find. Nice rooms, great bar, and very helpful staff. Breakfast was amazing! Lots to choose from.

Two Thumbs Up

Arrived really late & had to be up super early. Staff were helpful and arranged take away breakfast for us. Location to train 30 seconds away. Really perfect stopover Hotel.

Very good value for money. Great location!
    • Business Double Room

Bed wasn't extra comfy but not a deal breaker

First of all, the staff were so welcoming and friendly. The location couldn't be more convenient as we took the train from the airport to the central station, went out and the hotel is right infront of the door! We stay in Oslo for 36hrs so it certainly couldn't be better to be right next to the central station (literally a minute walk). We booked a high room with a balcony to get a nice view of the Opera and city, we did get a magnificent view of the city but unfortunately, there is construction happening in from the of the hotel covering the Opera (wasn't really a big thing as we were roaming around on foot exploring the city). I've added some photos during daylight and sunset from our room as well as other photos of this magnificent city. The breakfast selection was very good and the vibe is nice at the breakfast area.

Fantastic Hotel with Great Breakfast Spread, Location

Views weren't the greatest.

The breakfast was fantastic. There was a variety of dishes being served such as Shrimp Salad and Fried Eggs. Service was efficient and friendly. The hotel was located near the main train station, making journeys to and from the airport very convenient.

Very Convenient, Modern Hotel

The views weren't anything spectacular due to construction works.

The location was excellent (close proximity to the central train station). Staff were friendly and helpful, and there was a huge breakfast spread.

Great Norwegian breakfast, short walk to sights, shopping, fjord tour boat

Nothing to suggest

Nothing says Oslo like smoked salmon for breakfast. Plus herring and mackerel. Plus bountiful hot coffee. We also loved the super-clean rooms and great location

Great location, friendly staff, amazing breakfast.

The room could be a little bigger for triple occupancy.

Excellent location, friendly staff, very comfortable beds, large bathroom, coffee machine and umbrella in the room (it was raining heavily), amazing breakfast. Our room was facing Oslo Central railway station and we were worried that noise from the trains would keep us awake. But the windows are really sound proof.

Great hotel in an excellent position near the rail station for easy access to Oslo.
    • Standard Twin Room

Attitude of restaurant meet and register person who said we had already breakfasted. After a return to our room to collect the door key folder with number on front, he told us we had given him a different number previously? This spoiled an otherwise delightful stay. There were 2 of us and both knew our room number!

The staff were exceptional. After a night flight from Svalvard, we were able to check in early and get a shower before going to explore Oslo which made our day much more enjoyable. The beds were excellent and although close to the rail station, the double glazing was very efficient with no noise reaching our room. Ideally situated for exploring Oslo with the Opera house less than a 5 minute walk away. The Buffet breakfast had a huge range of choices with lots of fresh fruit.

Great location , walk in distance to major attractions !
    • Standard Twin Room

The Resturant opens at 6 am . We had a train to catch at 6:25 . we where few different groups of people that arrived at 5:50 am and the dining room guy would not let us make coffe ! We had to wait for 6 am! Hotel that respects itself and considered to be one of the best hotels in Oslo should have FREE coffe and tea at any time !

Great location , walk in distance to major attractions ! Stuff in the reseption very accomadating !

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Fab place - would stay here again

Liked everything

Very comfy bed. Great location. One of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had - fabulous tasting, a lot of great options and they had freshly made delicious avocado smoothie.

Good location and wonderful breakfast buffet - but very expensive

Extemely expensive, but then, this is Oslo. The room temperature can only be adjusted by + 2 or - 2 degrees. Too warm for sleeping, you can't use the windows because of the traffic outside.

Very helpful and competent staff. A great breakfast buffet of very high standard.

Hotel is in a superb location, has friendly, helpful staff and serves great breakfasts.

No complaints

Excellent choices at breakfast catering for all dietary needs. Staff very helpful and friendly. Location next to central station makes travel easy and stress-free.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

We coming again
    • Business Double Room

Maybe just little bit disappointed because hotel don't have any more view to Opera.

Really nice and pleasant hotel. Very nice staff, excellent breakfast!

High quality hotel right beside train station

Right beside train station. Fast train from the airport is much cheaper than taxi (180 vs 900) and half the time, even more at rush hour. Train also has free internet to download city maps or guides. You can just use you credit card on the train entry scanner. The light meal I had in the bar was excellent and breakfast was great also. The room was modern, week appointed with large desk, comfortable setting chairs and a small balcony outside. The bathroom was spacious and worked well. There was a nice view over Oslo from the 10th floor. The hotel is handy to all shops and sites of interest in central Oslo. A great base for exploring the city. It's worth taking the 300m walk to the waterfront where you can stroll to the top of the Oslo opera house.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Clean, modern, friendly and helpful staff.

Clean, modern, friendly and helpful staff. The location was exceptional, just outside the train station, close to the water and city center. The breakfast was exceptional too. The large nespresso machine in the room was a fun perk.

Very convenient and reasonable hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Key system somewimes didn't work correctly. In the case of toilet at the ground floor, the key didn't work and couldn't open several times.

Very close to the central station and very convenient. Room was clean and breakfast was excellent.

No need to stay anywhere else!

nothing at all...

Loved this hotel. So easy to get to from the airport by FLYTOGET as its right outside the station. Room was excellent comfy bed decent shower and air con. Upper floor view over the city. Huge Breakfast available!

Browse Thon Hotel Opera traveller photo gallery