Reviews of Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz Bergen 4 stars

9.7

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Great hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

All good. Only point I'd make is rooms need coat hooks to hang wet coats on and storage room in the rooms isn't a lot

Offer of a takeaway breakfast as we were leaving at 6am and breakfast started at 6.30...Nice touch. Evening meal is a great idea albeit on this occasion we didn't use. Stayed here 4 nights 2 weeks before and wanted to return here as in bergen even though just one night.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great hotel and location,would highly recommend
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Staff very friendly, room very comfortable, great evening supper and even better breakfast. Early check-in!!! The location was perfect and very easy to catch the bus to the airport. No complaints.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

I I own a country house B and B (9.8) on booking.com. For a large hotel this was superb.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Nothing it was all very special.

I am half English and Norwegian. My Mother is from Bergen and my family live in the area. I had to attend a funeral in short circumstances. I have stayed in many hotels in Bergen, Os and Hardanger. This is easily the best. It was very good value. Very Clean with the most fantastic breakfast I have seen in my travels around the world. The price even included a light buffet in the evening. For Norwegian prices it represents a great value and find!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Wonderful
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Outstanding hotel ,location was great! and the staff was excellent and I forgot to mention the breakfast has everything a person could want and delicious

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

A very pleasant stay
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

The bathroom was a dated. I am also uncomfortable about the hand towels and drinking glasses being stored above the flushing toilet. All in all a nice hotel and would stay there again.

This hotel is in a great location immediately behind the Bryggen wharf. The buffet breakfast was excellent, great selection fresh and well presented. The reception staff were also lovely. The light complimentary evening meal was an unexpected touch and help save the travelling pennies. Our room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Excellent hotel and great value for money. Strongly recommend!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Excellent customer service, very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was a wide variety of foods - too much choice! Light dinner was certainly quite filling. Overall, an excellent experience! I look forward to visiting again.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

A few hooks for coats and some drawers for clothes would have been nice but room was modern and comfortable.

Very friendly staff, breakfast buffet was excellent both in selection and freshness and complimentary evening meal is a lovely touch. Good location, 15 mins walk from station or hurtigruten.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

The best comment about Thon Rosenkrantz: we would not stay anywhere else when in Bergen!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Not much to say here. Perhaps the rooms could be a little larger.

Great stay! Martin at the front desk was so kind, so professional, and so helpful. The breakfast was just amazing!! Dinner exceeded our expectations as well. The location was perfect. The room was small, but adequate. The heated bathroom floor was a plus. Comfy bed. Quiet room.

They essentially bribe you with free food.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Other than the amazing free food, not that luxurious or fancy. But solid.

They essentially bribe you with free food. The breakfast is objectively amazing, among the best you'll find with a huge variety. The free dinner is also pretty decent, and a real money saver in expensive Norway.

Bed so comfy.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Bed so comfy. Wonderful room with views across harbour and rooftops. Breakfast is fantastic and staff will do anything to help you. Free evening meal was a bonus and saved spending a fortune as Norway is very expensive. One of my favourite hotels ever.

The best of my life! I’ve been to 16 countries and this hotel was the best ever.

That I had to leave!

Amazing! BREAKFAST was the best of our lives. Everybody was super friendly, beds and pillows extremely comfortable, powerful blow dryer, water fountains to fill up bottles, umbrellas as needed, great location, everything looks new.

One of our favorite hotels in Norway.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

There is nothing we can think of. It was all wonderful unless the concierge could stop the rain.

Our room was very quiet and bed was comfortable. The WiFi worked great. There were at least 4 coffee machines available for use 24/7 and a Nespresso machine in the room. The breakfast was incredible and huge buffet, and the chef went above and beyond to prepare us a little candlelit meal when we arrived late the first night by boat and missed the evening meal.

Best in Bergen
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Partly because we were on an extended stay our room was occasionally one of the last to be cleaned so we ran into it not being done late PM. A very minor issue.

The location is excellent allowing easy access to many sites and life on the harbor. The room was very nice with a comfortable bed, good TV and great bathroom. Breakfast is outstanding! An evening meal was offered and generally pretty good. The staff were excellent and provided good information.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Sauna hot hotel in the summer with a excellent breakfast.
    • Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

No airconditioning in the hotel. I was very hot in the room. Why do do not have a air-condition system for such a good hotel.

The breakfast was the best in the whole world with a great selection of food. I lot of energy was put into this.

Great Bergen hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Our room was very tiny, even by European standards. With two people there was no where to put luggage without falling over it. I would stay here again but I'd upgrade to the next room size.

The is a great hotel in a wonderful location. Breakfast was the best I've ever had, and it was great to have the light evening meal when tired. Our 4th floor room had a great view of the harbor.

A great place to stay while visiting Bergen !
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Trainee staff at check in kept us waiting while chatting on the phone for unusually long time without even excusing herself

Beds were comfortable and rooms clean... Breakfast was good with lots of variety and location is super convenient .... walking distance from main shopping and food areas

Great hotel excellent staff frendly and all speak English Bergen is a great place to visit

Nothing to speak of

The meals included in the room rate are fantastic breakfast is amazing huge selection available all allergies catered for. Great location 2 minutes walk from the Old town and harbour and ten minute walk from the Airport bus drop off and pick uk point

Fabulous
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Our stay at this Hotel was fabulous. Clean , comfortable, and really friendly staff. The breakfast was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Bergen.

Great place in the central Bergen.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Elevator was close to our room, so at night it was a bit noisy. Parking garage next to hotel, when windows open, it’s noisy as well.

Best breakfast among other hotels in Scandinavia we stayed in. Cozy and comfy room, most centrally located hotel. Early check in,- easy as 1, 2, 3. Friendly front desk staff (always 2-3 available, unlike in other hotels -1, rarely 2). 5 stars experience all around.

Centrally located hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Parking costs 25 Euro a day in the public parking house opposite to the hotel - hotel should care for special conditions for guests given the high price for a room The staff at the reception is rather arrogant and not really Interessef in guests

Great breakfast Room was very clean Centrally located.

A good location for Bergen.
    • Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

Our first room was on the second floor, right above an airless interior corridor and given the heat wave it was pretty miserable. So they moved us to the 6th floor which was as a floor hotter but our room at least had an outside window that opened wide and had a great view of the harbor. The room itself was tiny, even by European standards. Our second floor room had the same tiny layout. It would have been fine for one person but there was almost no room to unpack and only one chair. My sister and brother in law had a room on the second floor looking outside that was a bit larger. But if there are two of your you will be really cramped.

The location of this hotel is excellent and within walking distance of most of Bergen. The Bryggen is just down the hill. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was just amazing - they had so many things and the chef was great. You would pay a lot for this as a brunch in the US. And while the evening meal was fairly simple, it was great to have dinner included in the cost of the room. We used it two out of our four days when we were tired or had had a great lunch and didn't need a huge dinner.

Best hotel stay in Norway!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

This was my most expensive stay, but the breakfast and evening meals helped with the value. I’m so glad I splurged on this hotel!

The breakfast was amazing! Lots to choose from including fresh fruit. The light dinner meal was surprisingly filling. The room was comfortable and clean. There’s a heat wave and the hotel doesn’t have air conditioning, but a small fan was placed in my room to help with the heat. Thank you! Everyone was kind and helpful. Loved my stay!

Location is very good for Old town and funicular.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Stayed twice in this visit - first time rooms were extremely small (had booked twin rooms) - 212 in particular , kids were in there only for one night so it was OK. 2nd time around I requested bigger rooms (as booked actually)... 2nd time stayed for 2 nights, had been out all day and our room wasn't "made up" until we requested, even by 5pm..Not a big issue for us really.

Location is very good for Old town and funicular. Breakfast was OK to good. Rooms clean. Check in staff were professional.

Great hotel - would go back again.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

It was hot when we were there and not all rooms have fans but I accept that the hot weather was unusual. Rooms could have more storage.

Great location a street behind the waterfront and not too noisy at night. Lovely rooms and best breakfast of the trip. The complimentary supper is also a very nice touch.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I think everything about the hotel was terrific - it really...
    • Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

I think everything about the hotel was terrific - it really deserves the high ratings. They provided an oasis for the tired and footsore tourist that I became after five weeks! My compact single room had everything I needed including lovely attic views - someone had thought carefully how to use the space to optimum advantage and really created a comfortable home away from home. The staff were friendly cheerful and helpful. The complimentary dinners were so welcome at the end of a busy day and the breakfast! This breakfast was the best I had in my whole 5 weeks in Europe! Such a wide range of beautifully presented quality food- my favourite things were the fresh ginger shots, the genuinely fresh squeezed orange juice, and the mango and pineapple salad. I also loved the hot breakfast and chose the spicy meatballs, scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Well done and thank you to all the staff. The location is also excellent- perfectly located for access to Bryggen and the harbour and funicular and so close also to the airport bus (ask reception for the exact location and name of this bus stop).

Great breakfast and evening meal, location, friendly staff. Highly recommended!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Recommendation: computers in the lobby must be with English user interface (Windows, Acrobat Reader and Office)

Wonderful! We enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Breakfast was all that you could dream for.
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Dinner was not what we would of expect. But could be that this is the norway type of dinner and we are not used to it. I think you could just prepare a one course menu with a dessert and it would be much better.

Breakfast was all that you could dream for. Super location, right next to the harbour and central zone of the city. Spacious room with modern design, very clean.. Receptionist lady very willing to help, gave us a room vith great view when she heard it's our honeymoon.

pleasant stay in Bergen
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Great location, close to major sightseeing sites and restaurants. The breakfast was outstanding and the breakfast staff extremely nice. We stayed in several Thon Hotels while in Norway, this was our favorite.

recently renovated, very friendly staff, breakfast best...
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

not low-budget of course; to put it into perspective tough: in Norway high-quality breakfast & evening meal is very expensive anyway

recently renovated, very friendly staff, breakfast best choice and quality ever seen, evening meal included (possibly not for every room)

Fantastic location right in the middle of the town, very modern interior design and delightful food
    • Business Double Room with Evening Meal

The staff are a real asset to the hotel, very attentive and friendly but the real gem in this hotel is the food the breakfast was absolutely wonderful not only was there a huge variety but the flavour was amazing and the free evening meal was delightful I would have paid and booked in to eat it so being free was a huge bonus.

Me and my friends really enjoyed our stay here, it was quite...
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Just one thing, we arrive 7am and as expected the room is not yet clean but we are willing to wait so we ate breakfast first. We came back 10am to check if the room is ready and it is still not. That’s fine so we sit down at their lounge. We can see a lot of guests that are also checking in and going up. Means their rooms are ready. We asked again by 12noon. Still not done. Again, we are seeing a lot guests checking in and going up to their rooms. 1pm still mot done, By 2:30 it’s finally ready. I work at hotel industry too, and if we have guests that are waiting we make sure that we prioritize their room by communicating with the housekeeping dept so it will be done soon. We don’t make our guests wait for almost 8 hrs. That’s just my complain but we had an excellent and comfortable experience overall.

Me and my friends really enjoyed our stay here, it was quite expensive for 1 night but it was all worth it. Everything is perfect, clean and the staffs will reakly make you feel welcomed. But the best part of our stay is the breakfast!!! It’s the best! I have yet to find a hotel that can beat my breakfast experience with them. Kudos to all the breakfast staff you are just so wonderful. Will surely be back again!

Awesome staff sure made the difference!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

The first room we were given was small, cramped, and noisy on Saturday night, so we asked and they switched us to a much nicer quieter room facing the courtyard.

The staff, from the people at the registration to the breakfast and dinner, they were all genuinely friendly and so helpful! By the time we got there it was the last leg of our European vacation and we had been at six different hotels and on an 8-day river cruise and this hotel had the best staff of all!

Right behind the Bryggen, this hotel is located perfectly...
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Right behind the Bryggen, this hotel is located perfectly for sightseeing, although the city itself is very compact anyway. The breakfast was superb.

The evening meal was a lovely touch and the two meals I had...
    • Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

The evening meal was a lovely touch and the two meals I had were beautiful, lovely staff. Fantastic breaky. Gorgeous hotel in the perfect part of Bergen. Loved it!

Beautiful modern decor, great in-room amenities, really good breakfast & dinner, super location.

At first they put us in TINY room--we insisted on being moved--next room was fantastic.

Beautiful hotel, accommodating staff, gorgeous room, fantastic breakfast and dinner served, super location, great views from our room.

Would stay there again
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Weather was warm and no A/C. Opening windows may city noise loud...oh well.

Great Breakfast...marginal dinner...don't opt for dinner but don't miss breakfast.

Excellent location & breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

No aircon & room and other parts of hotel were uncomfortably warm, bedroom window wouldn’t stay closed, not 100% clean upon arrival, safe broke, effective communication with some staff was difficult & young blonde woman on front desk gave me attitude

Excellent location & breakfast. Some staff tried hard. Room was big.

Great location in the center of Bergen.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

The room was expensive but by Norway standards a good value.

A good location very close to the waterfront but back a block so noise, traffic and pedestrians are not an issue. Our room did not have a view and I doubt any rooms have a good scenery view. If you're driving there is a parking structure across the street. It's not affiliated with hotel but it's really convenient. It won't be full because it's a little expensive - like everything in Norway. The included breakfast is a spectacular.

Location, staff and breakfast make this hotel a winner!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

No AC, rooms were too hot to sleep some nights, even with windows open. A few things did not work, the Bose speaker wouldn't stay connected properly, the hair dryer worked intermittently. The Nespresso machine was broken 3 of the 4 days we stayed there, so there are a few things that need attention but nothing that cannot be fixed:-)

The location could not be beat and the staff were all amazing! The breakfast has to be one of the best I've ever had in a hotel. Overall I would recommend this hotel highly and stay here again, but I'd recommend splashing out a bit more for a different room as the standard rooms are quite small. We only had the evening meal once, it was okay if you want just a salad and fruit, nice of the hotel to offer it as most don't offer any evening meals. The afternoon tea and coffee was much appreciated!

The view over the historic area and water and the most...
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Room very tiny with sloped ceiling - literally in the peak of the roof. But had nice views

The view over the historic area and water and the most amazing breakfast buffet in all of Norway!

Hotel Rosenkrantz is the Best
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Everything about this hotel was superior. The most outstanding thing was the massive and delicious breakfast. The staff members were unobtrusive, friendly, competent and helpful.

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff - they gave us great...
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff - they gave us great recommendations for places to visit and nearby restaurants. There is also a Nespresso machine in the lounge that guests can use for free!

Good location and a great breakfast.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Complimentary dinner was not worth the trouble. Lobby is smart and efficient but not very welcoming.

Good location and a great breakfast. Spacious, clean rooms.

absolutely fabulous hotel and staff serving fantastic food in the most perfect location EXCELLENT

Staff helpful in changing my mother's room as I had asked for rooms near to each other but her room on 5th floor and ours was on 2nd floor but our room not the nicest location by laundry cupboard looking out onto flat roof ...hopefully a more favourably located room on next visit

Fantastically enjoyable long weekend ....excellent flight, excellent airport bus connection, excellent hotel and location, fabulous quality and choice for breakfast BEST EVER, very tasty light evening meal which was also delicious and a generous touch to guests having complimentary tea and coffee throughout the day and all staff very helpful and friendly......we will definitely be returning to this hotel in the very near future

10/10
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Breakfast is amazing but didn't change at all in the 3 days we spent there. I see it as a minor improvement point from excellent to perfect ;-)

Perfect location, right next to the Unesco heritage site in the center. Very helpful, smiley staff. Excellent breakfast. Nice to have the light dinner as well, as limited as it may be.

Perfect location close to airport bus old town Bryggen and...
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Norwegian prices! and the rain

Perfect location close to airport bus old town Bryggen and waterfront and also to Flobahn. Staff friendly and food very good.

Best Hotel in Europe
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Hotel quoted me a fixed price taxi to the train station for 150 NOK but the taxi driver charged me 210 NOK

Helpful and friendly staff, nice size rooms with comfortable beds and pillows, delicious complimentary breakfast and evening meal, great location for sites in Bergen, reasonably priced with free WiFi. One of the best hotels I have stayed at in Europe!

Couldn’t ask for more.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Couldn’t ask for more. This hotel has a perfect location one street back from Bryggen and a short walk to the funicular for Floyen. We used the light railway from the airport, gentle 10min walk from the last stop at Byparken, cheapest option from airport to Bergen 37kr. The staff are tremendous, so friendly and polite, can’t praise them enough. As all will tell you, the breakfast is amazing. I can’t think of anywhere else we’ve been that had the choice as this hotel. Loved the local delicacies and canapés, liked when the chef came round with freshly made cakes and Bloody Mary (minus the vodka), nice touch. Complimentary light evening meal was perfectly adequate but may not suit all. Coffee, juice and snacks where free in the afternoon. Our room was on the sixth floor with views of the harbour and mountains, not the biggest room but perfect for a short break. Bathroom was nice with underfloor heating. Liked how the elevator only went up when accessed with your room key. If we’re ever back in Bergen, this would be my first choice for accommodation.

Fabulous Hotel in an excellent location with staff who are
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

I really missed the fact our room had no bathtub although I do accept that this is a personal preference. The only negative I can mention is that the walls are quite thin and obviously not sound proofed, as a result our sleep was disturbed quite frequently by noise from the adjoining rooms, we were however unfortunate in that the next room seemed to be a family room with a young baby and as such we were regularly woken by the crying throughout the night. Not really the family fault or the hotels but worth remembering that a pair of ear plugs would be invaluable as it really did seem like the walls are paper thin.

The staff at the hotel are fantastic,always willing to help and with a smile, nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast buffet was second to none, with every possible choice you could wish for. The location is also perfect, one street back from The Bryggen, 5 minutes from the airport bus stop, just yards from the funicular to the top of Mount Floyen and within a short walk to the shops, restaurants and bars.

We really enjoyed this hotel and would highly recoomend it!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

The breakfast buffet was unbelievable! The light supper was wonderful after a long day with Norway in a Nutshell. Recently re-done, the hotel was lovely.

Best place in Bergen

Perfect!

Amazing breakfast! Best we’ve experienced! Fantastic location, so close to everything Bergen has to offer. Situated in the Bryggen heritage area, near the funicular, city centre, fjord cruise departure, airport express, restaurants and museums. Wonderful staff, all day hot drinks and snacks, light supper included in the price!

A wonderful stay, we did not want to leave!
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Everything was perfect, nothing could have been better!

Huge and comfy bed in our superior room, great view looking over rooftops to the water and St Mary Church, amazing choice at breakfast, the staff was friendly, courteous and an absolute credit to Thon Hotels. Loved everything about our stay and so glad we finished off our holiday (Hurtigruten cruise) with two nights in this luxurious hotel in such a lovely city!

Wonderful hotel in the heart of old town.
    • Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Fantastic breakfast. Coffee and cakes all day long, and proper coffee too from a N’esspreso machine. Light evening meal was tasty and filling after a cold day walking the sites. Central and quiet location. Clean, tidy, reasonably spacious modern bedroom with all the mod-cons. Beautifully appointed bathroom. Excellent staff - polite, communicative and helpful, especially Senta on the front desk who was wonderful. Spic and span the whole place. I can’t think of any fault. Rosenkrantz is top notch at a good price.

Incredible breakfast, great value, excellent location!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

We read in the reviews that the breakfast was great so had high expectations; even so the breakfast still blew us away! So much choice, so fresh, hot, cold, savory, sweet - we had to skip lunch we were so full! Staff were great, always super friendly and helpful. Location is perfect; right next to funicular, old town, bars, restaurant and harbour.

Good hotel with great breakfast in the heart of historical Bergen.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Our first room was tiny and there was too much furniture it in for the size of room. So we could open our suitcases we put a table and chair in the shower. There was a terrible drain smell in the bathroom, we stayed in the room one night and tried flushing the loo and running the shower etc. to clear the smell. We reported this and when we came back from exploring they said they had cleaned the room better. We had pointed out the issue was the drains so no surprise the problem was no better. I was disappointed that nobody from the front desk or a manger had gone to check, they had relied on the cleaning staff. So we had to go back to the terrible smell and then back the desk to say we couldn't stay in the room. It would have been nice to come back and be told we need to move you. Once it was clear we needed to move they dealt with it very well and we got a lovely upgraded corner room. The booking said dinner was included. For me this meant a meal with choice in a dining room. What is actually provide is more like what you might get in a business lounge. It is a hot dish, with a side dish that also doubles as the vegetarian dish, some bread, salad, and something small and sweet maybe chocolate brownie or something. It is help yourself and is not in the dining room but a sort of lounge area. Within the price of the hotel this is actually probably still good value but it is just not what was expected.

Location is ideal, easy walking to everything. We even walked from the station with our suitcases - might be a bit far for some. Breakfast was excellent - big focus on high quality ingredients etc. There was free help yourself tea, coffee, hot chocolate during the day often with cookies or something left out as well. Huge choice of teas and Nespresso coffee. All this was free, so a great bonus when everything in Norway is so expensive. They moved us to a fabulous room after the problems with the drains. We would stay in this hotel again but would probably pay for a better room if all the cheap rooms are in the roof.

Very enjoyable stay
    • Business Double Room with Evening Meal

The staff were extremely friendly, very helpful and accommodating. The bed was extremely comfortable and the location of the hotel was excellent. I would definitely stay in a Thon hotel again and i would recommend this chain to friends and family

This hotel stands out due to its excellent breakfast,...
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

This hotel stands out due to its excellent breakfast, cheerful stuff and amazing service. Thank you very much, Rosenkrantz, you will definitely see more of me soon.

Would go back in a heartbeat
    • Business Double Room with Evening Meal

Everything was outstanding!! Evening Supper included in the price was outstanding!! Rooms were well appointed. Front office staff was polite and well spoken. The breakfast was excellent and so much variety z

Breakfast was extraordinary, and overall I could feel that...
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

A sauna would be nice after the ice cold trips in the mountains.

Breakfast was extraordinary, and overall I could feel that the hotel did everything to make my stay enjoyable.

Great breakfast and evening meal.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

The internet is slow, and inefficient at times. They have a smart Tv, but I will not use it for private matters. The minibar prices are inconsistent. I believed it cost 110NOK for a bottle of red wine, but discovered by chance that the price is 255NOK. Since this is a big hotel chain, and the custommer is always wrong in Norway I had to pay 255NOK. Great service, but this brings it down a bit.

Great breakfast and evening meal. The gym was great and included a free protein bar, and a snack bar. Free coffe, and mineral water.

Absolutely loved staying in this hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Absolutely loved staying in this hotel! The breakfast was incredible and the evening meal in the lounge was exactly what I needed after a day exploring. The rooms were fantastic as well as the general service! Views from the rooms were beautiful and the hotel’s location was perfect. Will definitely stay here again as well as other Thon hotels!

Good breakfast in Norway during my trip and the staff is very nice and helpful

nil

The hotel located near the city center. All the sightseeing point located nearby the hotel. The bed is very comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful especially the one she carry out the check-in for me. She also explained to me where can I park my car as the parking lot of the hotel are fully booked. The breakfast is very good that the good I eat in Norway during my trip.

Great hotel, conveniently located.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Great hotel near attractions, good restaurants, museums, Floibanen funicular. Included were extensive breakfast, light dinner, as well as tea/coffee all day in lobby. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Decor is a very attractive mix of bright jewel tones, room was clean and functional. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Great hotel in good location.
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

Very minor point---Room was small (but functionally appointed)

Great hotel next to water, funicular, major attractions, and good seafood restaurants. Interior was clean, rooms were attractively decorated. Best breakfast! and helpful staff.

Perfect
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

The rooms are sleek, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is unbelievable!!!! There is anything you can think of and lots of things you wouldn't. Try the dark chocolate with your oatmeal or muesli. The "light" evening meal is different and freshly prepared each evening. This hotel has an Italian chef and a wonderful young staff that he mentors. The food is really terrific, but is limited with no menu "per se" to order from. There lots of good restaurants close by if you want other food. Hotel staff are lovely and really helpful. Perfect stay.

It was a perfect stay & we will certainly come back. Staff, food, comfort & cleanliness all a big ++
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

The room (606) under the roof was somehow very hot: also with both roofwindows open during the night. I can imagine that this room during summertime is kind of a sauna.

The breakfast is unbelievable! Perhaps one of the best I've ever had. The included dinner is also very good.

I have never had such a marvelous breakfast in a hotel as in...
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

I have never had such a marvelous breakfast in a hotel as in Rosenkrantz! Really spectacular. When we stayed at Rosenkrantz (October 2017) they had just won the third price of excellent breakfasts in Norway.

Amazing !!!!!
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

They nailed it!!! I got everything that I needed during my visit. My room is awesome.

Amazing breakfast, room is efficient even though small like other European hotel room. Staff is nice

Great Hotel very convenient in a super expensive Country!
    • Superior Double Room with Evening Meal

As usual the super fluffy pillows become too thin for my tastes, anyway a doubled towel can resolve this issue.

Excellent Mini Bose Bluetooth diffusor in the bedroom. Evening light dinner very good and satisfactory (with the exception of the "Italian" fettuccine with red sauce and mini meatballs!).

Great hotel location & fabulous breakfast to start the day— Bergen not to be missed.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

While the view from the top floor room was grand, our headroom was impinged & care had to be taken not to crack our heads during the night. But the bed was quite comfy for us.

Fabulous breakfast options & lovely breakfast room. It was great to have the option of having an evening bite but it was not as complete as the morning meal. Loved the area — don’t miss the funicular— & had a nice meal close to the hotel. Be prepared for rain! Rain gear and umbrella both are called for.

Breakfast, dinner and location are reasons to stay here.
    • Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

The room was pretty small and we couldn't put the suitcases under the bed so had to be careful moving around the room. This got old since we were there for 4 nights. My husband kept hitting his head on the slanted roof. Don't know if there are larger rooms available or not. No drawers or shelves to unpack on. Luckily we brought an over the door hanging storage bag.

The breakfast was great - lots of hot and cold choices. Their bacon and scrambled eggs were wonderful. My husband loved all the different types of bread. Also providing a light dinner (we had pork and dumplings, and pasta with chicken meatballs so not really too light) at night for free helped us keep within our budget. Eating out in Norway can add up in a hurry. Glad there was an elevator too. No AC but the windows opened for fresh air.

A delightful place to begin a long journey.

Nothing we didn't like.

The staff were especially kind and helpful. Moments before stepping into the reception area, I tripped and fell flat on my face on the sidewalk (my fault/suitcase hit a sidewalk drain). Without asking, the front desk took one look at me and rushed to make an ice pack for my bruised lip. The room was a delight. The bed was so comfortable, especially welcome after a long overnight flight. The room so clean. Hotel is well situated for easy access to the harbor and in-town sites.

Location was excellent.
    • Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

Our room the first night was extremely noisy due to a neighboring apartment with all night activity! We were able to move to a much quieter room, but make sure you specify "quiet room!"

Location was excellent. Complimentary breakfast and dinner buffet were outstanding. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pleasant, spacious lobby with bar.

Great city, great hotel and staff. Remember the prices are steep.

Nothing in particular. All good

The staff were perfect and could not do enough for you. The food was good but could do with being a little warmer. Norway is expensive and the hotel reflects this in its prices.

Great location - one of the best breakfast buffet.
    • Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

Great location. Everything in the room worked. There was a vast selection of tasty things on the breakfast buffet. They also had what they called a "lite" meal, which was included, each evening that was more than enough for dinner. But the included breakfast buffet was the best.

Browse Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz Bergen traveller photo gallery