Reviews of Thon Hotel Terminus 4 stars

Stenersgt. 10, 0184 Oslo, Norway

#15 of 157 hotels in Oslo

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

Whilst helpful to have dinner included in the price, I would have preferred to have had the choice. However, it seemed most hotels in Oslo are like this.

Excellent breakfast. Excellent location.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Rooms aren’t huge, so sloping ceiling under raves of roof is an issue if you’re tall.

Fantastic location for access to main train station and walking distance to most sights. Excellent breakfast buffet and good evening meal included too.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

Only that we cannot cool-down the rooms a,d when openign the windows, there was noise from the street.

Very nice rooms, breakfast was excellent and staff was friendly and helpful.

• Small Single Room with Evening Meal

1. I had a single room, the smallest room which was fine. Not quibbling about the room size as I've stayed in smaller rooms elsewhere but my main problem was with the placement of furniture. The furniture was placed in such a way that entering/exiting the room meant navigating a bottleneck, which is a narrow passage (about the width of a standard chair) formed by having a cupboard very close to the door on one side and the bathroom door on the other side. It also meant that I could not carry my bag beside me as there was not enough space in the bottleneck. It made for very awkward entry / exit. I gave feedback to the reception staff that removing the cupboard or placing a smaller cupboard further away from the door would make it easier for guests to enter / exit the room, especially when they have luggage. So, that was a really big design fail. It felt like someone had arranged the furniture without thinking about how guests would actually be using the room. 2. The hotel offered takeaway breakfast for guests checking out before breakfast hours and I had ordered that with a mention that I was vegetarian. I had collected the breakfast at checkout but after unwrapping it on the train, realised the sandwiches contained ham which I couldn't eat. So, it felt like the hotel had a good concept but fell down on the communication / execution.

Located close to the central station so convenient for guests arriving or leaving by train. The included evening meal was very good with enough options for a vegetarian, such as cous cous, fresh vegetables, bread. The reception staff were helpful in responding to queries.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Nothing not to like about this place.

Staff the most friendly and cheerful I’ve come across. Room was spacious with plenty of outlets. Comfortable bed. Rooms facing courtyard(?) very quiet at night. Breakfast setup was excellent. Varied and well prepared. Provided light evening meal a bonus. A few minute walk from train station.

• Small Single Room with Evening Meal

Great position, few minutes walk away from the central station; Nice staff, very friendly; Wonderful breakfast with very abundant choices. If the dinner can be improved a little bit would be perfect.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

I was not impressed with the evening meal - very few options, especially compared to the breakfast, and none of them were gluten free. I had been working all day and was counting on a pick me up, so was fairly disappointed compared to other Thon evening meals I've had. The chef was acommodating when I asked and brought me gluten free bread. Some of the surrounding areas (Storgata, Brugata) may be considered a bit sketchy, so just be aware when walking downtown at night.

Excellent breakfast. The gym was not huge, but absolutely sufficient, nice, up to date and clean. Nice and comfortable rooms. Good service. If you want to be close to the city center and transportation, this location is perfect. It is a very short walk from all transportation services (air train, long distance trains, bus, local transportation etc.), to the main street Karl Johan and shopping malls Oslo City and Byporten.

• Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

Very good hotel in a very particular corner of Oslo, just outside Central station and few steps from the city's main concert venues (we were in town for a concert at Rockefeller). The building was renovated recently and everything still looks new. The decor is quite bold, loads of feathers, yellows and blues. Loved the lights and the glass roof in the restaurant. The hotel is not very big, more on the medium size, six floors (I think), not a huge amount of rooms per floor and it does not feel crowded at all. I really liked the room, a very good sized twin room, spacious, with a large window, very silent location (we stayed in a room facing Oslo Spektrum), fantastic bed, soft bed sheets and the bathroom was quite big with double vanity but no bathtub (we mentioned we did not want a bathtub). The room has a practical minibar, a working desk with chair + an arm chair, all in the "sleeping area" and a good (separated) closet space, safe and place for luggage close on the area outside the bathroom. It was cold in Oslo and the room was comfortably warm. The bathroom has warm floor and fantastic shower. The breakfast was really good, the best breakfast we have ever had among all the Thon Hotels we have stayed. I loved the large turquoise blue coffee cups with saucers in the restaurant. Really beautiful sets of large cups, English made. A little detail that goes a long way for me. The reception ladies, the cleaning ladies and the waiters were all extremely nice and helpful. This makes one feels specially welcome. And even if the evening meal menu is not the most sensational it is a plus and an option in case you are tired and don't want to go out to eat on a rainy Sunday (our case). The location is central, close to trains, buses, metro and from there it is very easy to reach all of Oslo's main tourist attractions.

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

Great location and high quality standard of accommodation for the price. Breakfast is amazing with lots of choice. Similar to the other reviewers, the evening meal is lacking in variety but is enough for a quick snack. Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

• Business Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

More temperature control within the room.

If you want to sightsee and use public transportation to/from/within Oslo, this is the best location! With Oslo City (mall) and Central Station so close, there’s great restaurants and shopping right there. We reserved a larger, business room which was quite comfortable with the sofa, four chairs, and desk. We had no view, which was OK, since our room was extremely quiet. We never heard anyone. Compared to other hotels’ continental breakfast offerings, Thon Hotel had the selection you’d find on a 5-star cruise ship! The evening fare had a smaller variety but you never left hungry. The dining staff were always very attentive.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Our room was a little noisy being near the elevator and we were on the top floor so the room felt extra small having the roof slant over the bed. Minimal amenities in the bathroom so bring your own lotion.

Breakfast was amazing! Staff was very helpful, spoke great English. You can access their computer and printer which was great for printing our borading cards before heading to the airport. Also so convenient to the central station and underground and you can walk about anywhere in the city center.

• Small Single Room with Evening Meal

I stayed 4 nights in my compact room, and realised after the first night that I would have to be reasonably tidy as there was no room to spread out. Perhaps more shelves up the wall (like in the bathroom) would be helpful. An old saying in Australia "there was no room to swing a cat!" Nevertheless I really enjoyed my stay in Thon Terminus Hotel. "Tusen takk"

Breakfast was excellent, and this includes the excellent service of staff, and excellent presentation of food/drink. There was also a wide variety of food and drink. I especially enjoyed having honey on my muesli. The kitchen staff would pack 2 sandwiches, fruit and a drink for a reasonably priced lunch. The single room I had was very compact, and yet I had everything I would have had in a larger room. A lot of thought had been given to the design of the room and how to include everything you would have in a larger room(except space of course). The hotel was close to the central train station, opera house, and many other interesting sites. The reception staff were always helpful and friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

Took an hour for our room to be ready, partly due to a mix up with booking (had asked for a twin room as travelling with my daughter but originally allocated a double). However this was resolved and we were given some wine from the mini bar as compensation for the wait. Also very difficult to get milk for a cup of tea... only coffee creamer seemed to be available. Eventually appropriated some from the dining room!

Location couldn't be better. Very central and an easy five minute walk to all public transport, including trains from the airport. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Great selection at breakfast and the evening meal was a real bonus, especially if you're on a budget or you're travelling in winter and it's a bit chilly to venture far in the evening!

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

There's nothing bad about the property, the hardest thing is working out which of the many exits from the very large Oslo Central Railway Station to use. If you get the right one it is literally around the corner. The second best exit is to follow the signs for Tourist Information, it is just by an exit, out there and turn right, walk a 100 yards and look for the red Thon Hotels sign high on the corner of a building.

The staff were so cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was an excellent buffet style so you could have a cooked breakfast or cereals etc. The location was excellent for the city centre and transport links to wherever you want to go

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

I didn`t like the elevator. Slow, too small, the keycard-system was poor... Toilet locks with keycard...?? not working...

The breakfast was very good. The reseption was cleen and nice - we got a late checkout on sunday.

There was a problem with our reservations that took a couple of days and emails back and forth to resolve. The reception staff were very helpful though.

Excellent food! Having both breakfast and evening meal provided was great. Super-comfy bed, quiet room and very convenient location for station, Spektrum arena and for getting to all the main sights.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

check out process. Seems i have been charged twice for my stay as the pre-authorisation was taken directly from my account & i paid on departure too. Hotel have been super helpful to try to solve this, but this is an inconvenience i have never experienced before at any other hotel where a pre-authorisation was taken. I still haven't received the pre-authorisation funds back 24 hrs after check-out & will need to contact my bank today to try to solve. Other than this is was a perfect stay!

Location, comfy beds, great bathroom, great breakfat & supper in the evening was a good bonus as eating out in Oslo is expensive. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Quite small rooms but for one or two nights doesn't disturd you at all!

Fabulous breakfast! Very comfortable beds and nice colorful design in rooms!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

just the 'hot food' options on the dinner menu in the evening were minimal other than salad options etc. also you should provide tea facilities with the coffee facilities at the various stations in the hotel :)

our hotel room was amazing...so big! the bed was so comfortable and the rooms were really nice and warm. it would be nice to have a complimentary bottle of water in bedrooms.

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

Hotel is short walk from the central railway station. The room was nice and comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic and it was nice to have light dinner included in the room rate.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The room could have been bigger and maybe a mat inside the room in winter as the boots were wet and kept leaving a puddle which needed moping up

From our arrival and met Daniel at reception, he was friendly and helpful and gave us a lot of information on how to get around. The room although small was spotless. The evening buffet was plain but plenty of it and the staff in the restaurant were welcoming and informative.

• Small Single Room with Evening Meal

I had a great stay at this hotel. I had a small single room but felt like I still had a lot of room and the bed was the largest single bed I have ever slept in. I think the TV was almost the same size as the bed - it too was very large! The room was clean and the staff were always lovely and cheery. The Breakfast was really good and I loved that they served a light supper at night - it was really the icing on the cake.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Very good location close to everything and transport links. The breakfast was excellent and there was also an evening meal included which again was fantastic. It was a welcoming environment and I would stay again

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Guests need to be aware to get the train from the airport to the hotel, we unwittingly got in a taxi for the 30 minute journey and were charged £300! Got told by reception to get the 31 bus to the Viking museum which was wrong... ended up on a motorway outside the city and wasted half a day of our weekend. When we eventually got to the museum we found it wasn’t really worth the 3 hour journey. Asked reception the next day about a bar to visit, the guy told us he wasn’t from Oslo so didn’t know! We were in rooms 609 and 611. Both beds had a lamp attached to the headboard where the pillow should be on one side of the bed which we kept knocking our heads on in the night.

Breakfast is amazing! We had 3 courses every day. Fresh fruit, lots of seeds, bread choices, cereal, cold meats, cheeses, salmon, hot food etc. Eggs were delicious too. No bar, but an area to sit and chat which was good. Location is good, everything is walkable.

Nothing I didn't like.

The hotel is comfortable and is well located. What makes it great Is the excellent staff. Easy to walk to everywhere in Oslo!

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

We asked for a silent room, but it ended up being very noisy from the traffic outside the room. All the night through.....

That we where offered dinner (or evening meal rather) when we came. It was included. We liked that so much.

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

A bit small room (although it is comfortable and no problem for stay). Only a small shower space, without bathtub.

Location - Near Central station (through shopping mall we can access to the station) Free Supper. Cleanness.

I had to think about this. Only a couple of very minor niggles. Room doors were self locking but mine took longer than my friends. Meant you had to wait a minute or so when leaving to ensure it locked. I noticed guests a couple of doors down seemed to be having the same issue. The only difference seemed to be that our doors were outward opening rather than usual inward. Pillows were better than many I've had at other hotels but I'm particularly fussy about them due to neck problems. I found 1 too low but 2 were too high.

Good value for a very expensive city, particularly since evening meal included. Excellent location just a couple of minutes from main transport hub. Although my room was only on 1st floor, I didn't find it noisy at all. Friendly welcome from reception staff. Room was modern, clean and spacious with excellent amenities. I particularly appreciated the bose speaker for my music. Enough space in the minibar to store my own water etc and ice machine in the corridor. Plenty of shelf space/storage in both room and bathroom. Excellent walk in shower. Finally the best - breakfast. Phenomenal choice and so much of it. Even in the last 15 minutes items were replenished and I never felt under pressure to leave the room. A variety of lovely fresh baked bread every morning (& evening), pancakes, waffles, croissant, pastries etc. A good variety of cereals, juices, plenty of fruit, nuts, cheese, crackers etc. Also yoghurt, delicious smoothies and pannacota - i've never seen the latter at breakfast but it was delicious. Hot food choice was also excellent - eggs all ways and the usual bacon. Really enjoyed the baby potatoes and turkey meatballs they also had. Although I didn't sample any of them, I noticed they also had non dairy milk. I loved my stay.

Very small for two persons. Tiny bathroom and shower did not drain well. Outside noise

Very clean, quick access to train station and other restaurants and stores. Very good breakfast.

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

The décor is somewhat overwhelming! But that's just personal taste. Fridge in my room was very noisy - so I unplugged it overnight.

Convenient to have the evening meal included in the stay - when traveling alone for work it was easier to stay at the hotel and get some work done and then pop down for a simple buffet meal which whilst it was limited - was tasty and healthy.

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

Really can't think of anything. Single room was a bit small but was more than adequate

The breakfast was superb - great range and quality - could see they take a pride in their food. This was important because a good breakfast set you up for the day without a need for lunch - and as Oslo prices are so high this saves a lot of money. Same for the evening meal - although there was only one dish per evening there was a great selection of breads and salads that meant eating at the hotel as part of the booking cost gave great value for money

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Bathroom, though very smart is on the small side!

Breakfast was excellent, very wide selection. Though evening meal is a buffet it was tasty. All staff pleasant and attentive. Hotel is located an easy walk from rail station and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted from it.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Was noisy, the entire ambience around hotel was dull and pretty dirty. A lady at the reception desk was insisting to get a breakfast by myself rather than take it away at 6:30 in the morning. A room was very small, a bathroom unacceptably tiny. The decoration of rooms, made by their local designer, reminded Hermes rather than her own creation.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

the breakfast is amazingly good. had an issue 1st night we had 2 single beds, talked to the staff and they sorted it the next morning. my wife was really unwell on our last day, they let us keep the room until 3pm so she could sleep, cannot describe how thankful we were

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

A wonderful stay, couldn't have been any better! We enjoyed the superb breakfast and the very good evening buffet to the fullest. The entire staff was extremely friendly (especially the kind woman who welcomed us upon arrival and helped us so patiently). The hotel is located perfectly, not only for sightseeing but also for reaching it from the airport via the central station. The rooms are very clean and well equipped. You can have free water and coffee in the lobby, a great offer. We will come back for sure!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

Staff are very friendly & helpful. Room is spacious & comfortable. Breakfast is is amazing! Lovely touches like coffee machine & sparkling water available all day.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The location and almost everything about this 4 star hotell.

the honesty of the lady who worked at reseption on the day of my departhure(28.09.17 at around (08:00 am), had forgotten to take my money (around nok.6400,00), so called her from the train and asked her to see the room (605), if my money was there, she did an honest work and put my money in an envelop,and i collected it later aroun 11:45 am), i was really immpresed , one might say that was her jobb, but for me her honesty was something i never forget, thats why i will strongly recommand to everyone this beautiful with its honest employee to everyone!

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Hotel seems a little more business rather leisure oriented. Is in the less glamorous part of Oslo.

Incredibly handy to Oslo central railway station. Room was spacious and the bathroom was luxurious. Breakfast and dinner offered a good selection of tasty food. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Windowglasses were so thin that the traffic noice at the nighttime and in the early mornings was disturbing a little bit to get a good night sleep.

Breakfast was extremely delicious and well organized. Staff was friendly and it was a great bonus to have the late check-out time at 6pm. Interior design was unique, in a good way though.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

No dislikes and I have a critical eye.

Clean, good value and helpful staff. Good location in centre within very easy reach of central station and metro. Great breakfast. Will stay there again on next visit.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

Check in took very long time because another customer was asking a lot of touristic information. While this couldn't be the fault of the staff, a 4 star hotel should have separate personnel for concierge service than reception. No room service, you can only order from a pizza shop they deal with. No A/C, room was hot. They provide a fan but that's not practical with the noise and the additional noise of the main road. This can be a great 3 start hotel, definitely not a 4 for me.

Great location by a shopping centre and central station. Nice room, spacious bathroom. Great breakfast.

• Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

This hotel worked well for us. Our room was quite compact but clean and had everything we needed. The restaurant was good - simple evening meals and great breakfasts.

• Business Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

There are other Thon hotels around the corner--nicer part of the city. Wish I knew that and stayed there. The location is across the street from a bus terminal ..stores, everything is a bit lower than expected. Go around the corner to other Thon..location is much better.

Room, location, breakfast buffet --all excellent..as well as the light evening dinner.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The location for the city center is okay. bathroom and room very small. main lift did not work. General facility like passages not very clean.

Nothing stood out beside friendly staff. breaskfast was okay

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

A smile from the restaurant staff would have been nice.

The half board option was fab, dinner and breakfast were both delicious buffet's - very nice. Restaurant staff were pretty disinterested. The location is 10/10. You are next door to the main central station and Oslo City Shopping centre. Lots of places to go and eat around the area too. The room was small but bright and comfortable which made it cosy. The reception staff were pleasant and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Amazing breakfast. An evening meal is provided in the Tarif. It is very simple but was appreciated in what for us is a very expensive city. The location is close to public transport and close to a pleasant walk along the river

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

We had a beautiful, spacious room and confortable room with a large bed and good linen and good lighting. The bathroom was modern. The staff at the reception was very nice. The breakfast was varied and of very good quality. They serve lots of fruits. They serve a complimentary modest diner at night until 9:00 pm. It is convenient when you don't feel to go out. It is a buffet that includes salads, pasta or egg plates, fruits, tea or coffee.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The dinner was not so impressive but still good value for money.

Great central location, nice room, lovely style of the rooms, great TV with smart functions, amazing breakfast.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Not as pretty as other parts of town but loved being close to train station and it was really really nice hotel! Sometimes, train station locales can be sketchy but this was not the case and once you walk in the front door you forget you're by the train station! Very nice!

The best breakfast! Very nice room totally renovated! And, close to train station

• Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

We are tall people so the room was a little small, especially when we stayed in 604.

Great friendly staff, delicious breakfast, inexpensive and convenient lunch to go.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Included dinner was only one dish which was adequate for us but not for some with dietary requirements.

Almost everything.Room was modern and comfortable though very compact. Staff at the front desk were vey friendly and helpful.

• Small Single Room with Evening Meal

I know i order the single room but the room is quite small especially if you bring big luggage. its quite hard to open your luggage.

They serve breakfast and dinner. It was great!

• Small Single Room with Evening Meal

The room was small (but it's totally no problem with the price and location)

1. Just 2 minutes to the Oslo central station 2. Super kind hotel reception staffs 3. Delicious Breakfast

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Lack of quality curtains in our room. Travelling during a Nordic summer means very few hours of darkness. The curtains were not full block out and the sides of the windows were completely free of any coverings so we had full sunlight directly in our faces as the bed was opposite. Hot with quilts on the bed.

Breakfast was excellent- huge range of good quality food!! Walking distance to the train station. Quiet room.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Location was great - just a few mins walk from the train station and very close to everywhere we had to go to Agatha was very attentive and kind. She explained everything we wanted to know and arranged the check in for us while we arrived a little early. Do buy the Oslo card from the hotel - convenient and there's no extra surcharge for buying it from there. we bought 24hr card and could make the most out of it (did a couple of important museum visits, and even took the public ferry to go to nearby museum island) Dinner was included in the rate and was very good! I thought breakfast would be less than the dinner but then the breakfast was really extensive and with great quality. We were utterly surprised with the hotel. thank you so much!

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

On the brochure received from Reception, they said that on Sundays check-out was until 6 pm, but when we asked the Reception on our check out day-on a Sunday, of course- they said that it is not possible at that moment, so we had to check-out at 12 pm. On the brochure was nothing mentioned regarding any conditions in that rule aplies. So, that was a bit of a dissapointment. Also, the Reception Staff was not very enthustiastic. A smile could do wonders.

Excellent breakfast! You just couldn't find anything that you could have wanted and not find at the breakfast: croissants, cereals, lots of fruits, fresh smoothies, proteic choices-omlette, sousages, ham. Just perfect! The staff on the restaurant very efficient and nice, they refilled immediately any product that has been finished . Also, perfect location. Just a few minutes walking from center, close to almost all touristic attractions. Nice room, great design, confortable beds .

It was all good

Welcoming , friendly helpful staff. Lovely room with well designed bathroom . Fabulous breakfast and dinner included in room rate . Close to station , tourist sights, city centre and shopping

• Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

Excellent hotel. Next to the train station (you will get to the airport in 45 minutes door to door), major shopping centre and right in the middle of the central Oslo. The rooms was newly renovated with very impressive bathroom. Nice beds. Huge TV. They even had BOSE speaker just there in case you wanted to stream some music on :-) The breakfast was absolutely great. Huge variety of everything (not to mention five types of cold fish). There is also a free afternoon meal! Nothing fancy, but good enough to have a decent meal (restaurants are expensive in Oslo - pizza is USD25). There is a free Nespresso coffee machine in the lobby. Anyway, great hotel in great location. Great value for money. Would not stay anywhere else.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

It was quite an embarassing situation to have the recepcionist insist that I had not paid my bill during the check out process!!

The bedroom was very comfort and the breakfast is excellent.

• Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

good hotel for moderate price near to the city centrer and the main railway station with excellent breakfast and dinner - which is also included in the price

• Standard Single Room with Evening Meal

I liked the position, at walking distance from the station, the staff, super friendly and helpful and the big flat tv screen in the room. The price was fair and included also dinner.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

There is a night club near the hotel and the noise bothered me every night from midnight until 3am. Earplugs needed. The room was a bit too warm. Tiny bathroom. The quality of the complimentary dinner was not very good. Surrounding area is not very nice.

The breakfast was excellent. Next to the railway station, convenient when coming from or going to the airport. Netflix on TV. Quite short walk to Grünerlokka (nice area). Dinner was included in the price.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

overall expensive but ok compared to local price level. floors/rooms rather basic.

breakfast was really good, rich variety. very friendly personnel. more than easy to reach from central station

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The room was a bit loud. I could hear the noise from the street pretty easily.

The staff excellent and the food was delicious. The breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have seen.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The room is too bright as the curtain does not have blackout liners. Norway has abundant summer light so prepare your room will be extremely bright almost the whole night.

The location is impeccable. Less than 10 minutes walking from the train station which is perfect for us as we arrived by train after midnight and had an early train to catch two days later. But what has made our stay unforgettable is the hotel's excellent breakfast. The variety and quality of the food is even better than some 5 star hotels we stayed before in Europe. If we come back to Oslo, Thon hotel will be our choice again.

• Standard Queen Room with Evening Meal

Nothing .. room size was good but bad is only for one and they are providing for two person... Was very very bad

Nothing we like ...even Mr Alexander who was at reception was really like country president...and behaved like bad ..like his attitude was not acceptable..

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Dinner can be improved.

The breakfast spread was excellent. The location is ideal near the train station and walking distance to most attractions. The staff is friendly. We were given a corner room which is more spacious than the rooms in the centre. There is a kettle in the room and complimentary coffee & tea in the lobby. We like the Nespresso coffee provided at the lobby. Thon hotel serves a simple buffet dinner - comprising of 3 dishes. On our first night there were no meat dishes however the second night dinner was much better. On the whole we enjoyed our stay.

• Standard Twin Room with Evening Meal

Outside surrounding not too nice but moreless safe, too soft mattress.

Really fantastic breakfast, nice room (also pretty big for Oslo), friendly staff and always good coffee available. Central location 5 minutes to the central station.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Noise of a water pump (?) coming from the corridor.

An extremely rich and tasty breakfast choice and evening meals proved to be a nice bonus. Comfortable room and very helpful staff.

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

The included evening meal didn't have any vegetarian option, when asked the desk staff said that the chef would make a veggie option. He didn't and they refused to even give us any cheese to add to the salad and bread.

Great breakfast and location

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

A bit cold in the room, otherwise I had a great sleep. The sink is a kind of small.

Evening meal included in the rate, coffee mashines, nice bad, amazing velvet sofas and armchairs. Eco teas at breakfast, great selection of berries.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Dinner was in the price but it wasn't great. Internet was surprisingly slow

Just ten minutes walk from the train station. Lovely warm welcome and very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Liked everything

Comfy bed. Breakfast was the best I've ever seen. Dinner was a bonus. Super clean. Friendly staff. Excellent service. I would definitely stay here again. Close to train station.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Evening Meal

Breakfast was really bad. Soggy scrambled eggs (with milk? very strange), smelly butter (didn't try it), old bread, mouldy pineapple, weak coffee.

Very comfy bed; nice variety of pillows. Warm bathroom floor. Quiet room (per request).

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Evening Meal

The radiator was hidden and difficult to adjust

Breakfast, very good sound-insulation. They serve a light meal between 18:00-21:00. Norwegian newspapers availiable. Pay-TV (Premier League fotball) included

Browse Thon Hotel Terminus traveller photo gallery