Reviews of Airport Travel Air 3 stars

15 McKenzie Road, Mangere, 2022 Auckland, New Zealand

6.1

I booked the room it was confirmed then they rang and...
    • Studio

I booked the room it was confirmed then they rang and cancelled it ....I told them it was confirmed through Booking.com and confirmed it didn't make any difference then I say they had taken another booking so rang them that a booking was made minutes ago they reckon they had turned their internet off. I will not recommend that place everything was 0 rating

I probably won’t stay here again...
    • Studio

The fleas! So so so many fleas, I actually couldn’t wait to leave. Although it was tidy and clean there were so many & I got bitten all night which made it impossible to sleep. The room was also very damp which made the bed slightly wet as well as the clothes.

The location was very close to the airport & it was cheaper than most of the hotels in this area.

It was OK
    • Studio

The plugs didn't work until I tried all plugs some work some don't, No breakfast arrived as requested and I told reception I was leaving at 7.30.

Liked the staff at the front reception helpful

When did $200 a night become budget accomodation
    • Studio

Bedding and bathroom were clean; however, overall cleanliness was let down in other areas. We got the room next to the reception, with a kitchenette/lounge area. It had obviously been a conversion of some kind to create an extra room and was just not nice. First impressions started with smell in the kitchen dining, then a lot of noise from the laundry outside the door. Rubbish outside the window did not add to the experience either. The bathroom consisted of a shower and toilet. No vanity. We had to walk to the sink in the kitchen to wash hands after using toilet etc. Not good.

Kitchen and lounge area was large and open

I will not be staying there again!
    • Studio

For that price?- pretty much everything- see comments above.

VERY expensive stay (over NZD$200) for what is essentially a run-down motel. Staff gave the impression that they couldn't care less. There is no air conditioning- and not even a fan in the room- I stayed in the middle of Summer (early February) but fortunately the outside air temperature was un-seasonally low (around 20degrees C)- had it been in the mid or high 20-s then I'm sure that it would have been very uncomfortable. The TV had no remote control- when I asked at reception for one, the reply was that there were no remote controls and that maybe they had been stolen..... I will not be staying there again!

The shuttle from and back to airport
    • Studio

There was no water coming out of my shower! They suggested I take one in the staff shower which was not appealing! For the price I paid I was very dissapointed and I don't recommend this hotel at all!

The shuttle from and back to airport

Oven waa left on in the room back door didnt close properly.
    • Studio

Nothing we still had a roof over our head so all was good

Oven waa left on in the room back door didnt close properly. Back door entrance was yuki had dog poop in concret. Broken wood everywhere beer bottles at out back door.

Extremely overpriced and underrated
    • Studio

We arrived at the reception and no one was there. So we pressed the reception button after 10mins still no one came. We ended up calling the reception phone to hopefully get someone to come and serve us and the owner (I think) answered and came over from another building. She was pretty rude and unprofessional and just the reception looked quite awful. The room was very dim and small. Luckily we were only stopping over so it was okay to stay the night but definitely not worth the price we paid for and won’t consider it an option ever again.

Only saving grace was their huge tv.

The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable.
    • Studio

Other patrons were smoking right outside the rooms all around, as it was very humid the windows needed to stay open for airflow but that meant that the smoke came directly into my room from all angels, and since I am pregnant and a non-smoker, that was disappointing, especially for the price of the room. Perhaps if there was a heatpump/aircon this could’ve been avoided?

The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable.

Good place to stay before/after a flight, has all the...
    • Studio

Location not too great if you're thinking of staying longer than a couple nights without transport, could have been cleaner, but did the job for a night in between flights :)

Good place to stay before/after a flight, has all the necessities you need. Airport shuttle was quick and easy.

VERY PEACEFUL ROOM AND VERY HELPFUL STAFF
    • Studio

THE FACT THAT I HAD TO CARRY MY RATHER LARGE AND HEAVY SUITCASE UP THE STAIRS, AND THEN JUST ABOUT GOT BOWLED OVER BY IT COMING BACK DOWN THE STAIRS.

BED WAS REALLY COMFY AND THE ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN

For what it was very overpriced. Would not stay again and would not recommend.
    • Studio

Holes in wall which had paper sellotaped over. No extra pillows, shower did not drain properly, paint in bathroom badly chipped at bottom of shower enclosure.

Bed comfortable

Run down facility which is very expensive. Better hotels cost less
    • Studio

Run down facility with families living there. Bath room was in poor condition. The cost was very expensive compared to any hotel, not just for what you were getting

The sleeping area was modern and tidy

Sleep in car is better
    • Studio

Really noisy, a lot of kids running around. loud people throughout night/early morning! no forks spoons, towels old, smelly room, 1 soap, old damp toilet paper underneath sink, cloths on table from leaders not taken away, no ash tray. Would not recommend

Comfortable and relaxi g
    • Studio

The room was a surprise! The bed was definitely comfy and the room was clean and tidy. The only drawback was there was no waste basket in the bathroom and soap dish inside the shower. Overall, it was worth the value you paid for it.😊

unique
    • Studio

was stuck in auckland overnight, due to fly out early the next day. booked this last minute as it was $180 compared to $350 at a hotel. too advantage of the shuttle, but the driver didn't say much so was hard to tell where we were going. arrived and was greeted by a lady in trackpants and jandals. unique set up of the place and this there were a few homeless people staying there? ok place i guess, but glad it was only for 1 night.

convenience as it was close to the airport.

Adequate for a sleep. Not a place to hang out
    • Studio

Shower was old school, but adequate. There was a splatter of blood on vanity next to toilet that the cleaner had missed. Towels for two people were small, 4 towels would be ideal. We were gone by 7am ... so not much to say. Its an old place, been revamped to adequate standards, a little old school.. but not awful. SECURE - large electronic gates close off whole compound from uninvited. OH and no spoon to make a coffee...annoying

We arrived after midnight. No drama, staff available, and quick processing. Bed was comfortable.

okay if you are there just to catch a few hours of sleep between flights.
    • Special Offer - Studio

The cleanliness and quality of the room. Bedside lamps weren't working. Nothing other than a little piece of soap in the bathroom toiletries.

proximity to the airport. swift arrival of hotel shuttle. we just stayed for a few hours in the night, so can't tell anything about the quality of croissants!

Even though the exterior of the motel isn't that...
    • Studio

The exterior needs to be updated. Also the entrance door to the room should be changed, since is a semi glass door with a very basic lock and offers almost no security

Even though the exterior of the motel isn't that pleasant and clean, the room was nice. Clean, spacious and like in the photos shown on the website. It's ok for a night while transiting

We held our breath while staying here
    • Special Offer - Studio

Shuttle driver was very rude. Neither he nor Kim speak English that well. Outside of property is decrepit and falling apart. Room was barely ok. Bed ok but soft. Tv remote useless. Doorknob into room was broken and had to be fixed. All windows had broken latches. No shampoo in room.no restaurent on site. Nearest one is a Mile away. No in room safe. Shower ok but handles on drawers in bathroom were missing We were initially told our room had been oversold so we needed to find another Hotel. I refused and they booked us elsewhere and said they would pay the up charge. (In hindsight we should have cancelled here and stayed there)Then two weeks before arriving we were told the room was available so We reluctantly decided to stay. Big mistake My recommendation is that you do not stay here. It's just not worth what you pay for the room.

The only redeeming point was closeness to airport and local bus stop which is a long ride to CBD at a cost of $14 NZD round trip

First impression, I wasn't totally impressed however
    • Special Offer - Studio

Toilet cistern leaked. Previous guest had left food in the microwave Cupboard smelt very damp and musty.'

I was also charged for one nights accommodation on the day, however I believed that I had already paid when I initially booked. Will check that out with the bank when I get back. Although the premises were very run down,the bed was very comfortable and clean, and the staff were very professional, friendly,and helpful

Would not recommend to anyone. How can you give it 9.2b
    • Special Offer - Studio

basin sprayed water all over the floor and people when turned on. latch missing from kitchen window. carscomming u til 12.30 st night. Power out for 1 1/2 hours with no information from office. Out side notice said $40 p.n. 8 paid $99 by booking with Booking.com! Found someone else's dinner. in the microwave. Pillows didn't look clean

Hot water in the shower.

Nothing to like
    • Special Offer - Studio

We didn't like anything including price! Non smoking was a joke everything reeked including bedding of cigarettes. Toilet leaked to the extent the floor was saturated by 3.30am and kept us awake all night with dripping Not well maintained at all holes in doors, bed that should have been thrown away years ago well passed its prime Ripped curtains and just generally in non maintained poor condition Service was a joke from staff begrudgingly drove shuttle and had to pay extra for pickup only plus was our car was as we left it! Never recommend this to anyone

Nothing to like

Give this motel a miss !.
    • Studio

Staff attitude was bad. Neither of the two drivers of the airport shuttle van would converse with us. Did not sleep well with cars coming and going outside our unit all night. Would not recommend this motel.

Stop over in Auckland
    • Deluxe Double Room with Kitchen

Very kindly did my laundry for me but expected to be able to it myself if it says laudry facilities? Shower didn't move from down position. General wear and tear, cupboards with broken hidges needed fixed etc.

Great shuttle service. Spacious room. Close to shops.

Good overall
    • Special Offer - Studio

Only criticism is they charged my visa account at the beginning of the day of arrival without giving me the option of paying by eftpos or cash. Surely they could wait until the end of the day to charge the account if I hadn't turned up. They did explain that they charged the account immediately due to many guests not turning up and they losing money.

Grateful that they had a security gate for the parked cars and allowed me to use their security pin number to open the gate for an early morning airport pickup.

Gd size room and comfortable.
    • Studio

Poor sound insulation from upstairs and units next door. No brush or sponge for washing dishes. When asked arrival time need to be told letting room till arrival due to travelling 2hrs to get there but if early then room not available. Otherwise previous guests should be out by 10am as per advertisements. Light to toilet not working.

Convenient, comfortable and cheap.
    • Special Offer - Studio

No toiletries. Rough paintwork, needs refurbishment in rooms and stairways.

Convenient overnight stop between domestic and international travel. Comfortable but basic, clean. Bonus to have Sky tv.

Nice Place, Rude/Unfriendly Staff
    • Studio

The staff, they were not friendly or approchable at all. I asked for a shuttle to the international airport at 9.30am they told me no 10am is when they would take me which didnt work for me so i had to call a taxi. Also stood at reception desk for a good 5 minutes waiting for her to finish her phone conversation with someone in another language to ask a question, place was nice but will never go back due to staff.

Room was clean, tidy and modern

A bit dodgy
    • Special Offer - Studio

Whilst the sheets were clean, the other bedding was not. The motel walkways and public areas were unclean and scruffy. Appeared that several of the motel units were being used as emergency housing. There were lots of kids everywhere

Location was great and easy to find.
    • Studio

The units were tired, the staff weren't overly friendly. There was a water leak in the bathroom of 1 of the units we were in. Their appeared to be permanent residents, who were noisy and inconsiderent, with loud music being played late into the evening.

Location was great and easy to find. Comfy and warm

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

It's ok...
    • Special Offer - Studio

The front door was extremely difficult to open from the outside, and then repeatedly popped open after being shut so we were constantly having to close it. Insufficient pillows provided. The cleaners didn't take the dirty crockery and replace with clean ones. Front desk staff were not personable. The outside of the property needs maintenance, but the inside of the room has been refurbished.

The heater was most appreciated

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Alright for 1 night but wouldn't stay any longer.
    • Special Offer - Studio

We were not told that it would cost us another $15 to be picked up from the airport. We also were one of the last ones to be picked up from the airport. There was also too many homeless people staying there.

You could do your own cooking

U pay cheap price and u will get cheap service (first impression from the owner) very cold service
    • Special Offer - Studio

I think was the owner served us from beginning of our staying. Not friendly at all, really cold services. The room was quite old building, no circulation system in the bathroom, after a hot shower, steam was very bad, u can not see anything. No team towel in the kitchen, only one small rubbish bin for the whole room. No couch, a big dinning table in the middle of the room with 3beds. It's hard to move around. Quite far from the airport. I will never book this place again.

handy to airport, and easy to find
    • Special Offer - Studio

The staff member which took us to the airport, hardly spoke to us. It was like he was doing us a favour, by taking us to the airport. The driver which collected us from the airport, wasn't a lot better. Their was water over the bathroom floor, in the room (#8), I guess a leak. The motel, had a tired appearance.

handy to airport, and easy to find

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Poor motel
    • Special Offer - Studio

There are permanent people staying in rooms on seco d level - they had no regard for hotleirs - staff were not warm or friendly - surroundings in Motel courtyard are dirty and untidy - couldnt wait ro leave

TV was.good - pick up from airport was speedy

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Wouldn't recommend.
    • Special Offer - Studio

Dirty sheets and pillowcases (with black buggy looking things in the bed), obviously had already been slept in more than once. In fact the pillowcases were almost yellow so suggest the bedding hadn’t been changed for quite a while. Very noisy. TV in the room next door was on all night and could be very clearly heard in my room. Very noisy kids running around outside into the night. Think these were the caretakers kids. Free airport shuttle was great, except driver was very grumpy. He communication was by means of a grunt. Advertise drop-offs to airport operate between 04:00 and 1:30 hours but in fact they don’t start until 06:00 hours.

The property was located close to the airport and had free airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Well worth the money!
    • Special Offer - Studio

Felt so safe leaving the car here whilst on holiday for a week. Fantastic Location straight off the motorway and easy to find. Staff (reception and shuttle) were friendly and welcoming even when we were the last to arrive just before 11pm and left on the 4am shuttle. Spacious Room - not 100% modern but they have upgraded everything that you need. Clean crisp bed linen, large TV, bedside lamps.. Organising the return shuttle was simple and it turned up promptly (we landed midnight!) Excellent Stay and would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The bed was comfy and clean
    • Special Offer - Studio

Drivers to and from airport were not friendjy.No tv remote,no information book so had to go to office and speak into speaker.He didnt understand my language..NZ! No hair dryer..cupboard doors in bathroom were old and not in good condition.Also no shampoo or conditioner.Very dissapointing really. But it was clean. And would have been nice to have had a thankyou or seen owner when leaving key at reception.but they just spoke through speaker.

The bed was comfy and clean

A comfortable bed near the airport
    • Studio

Hauling our luggage up stairs - but we'd just come off a very long flight and were extremely tired.

Prompt response when we phoned for the shuttle to pick us up. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
    • Special Offer - Studio

The area was a bit dodgy and the building was run down. It gave the impression that the room we were in was one of the only rooms like that and that other rooms were for permanent residents.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Avoid!
    • Studio

Noisy, between the toilet continually running & the people in the next room leaving the tv on ALL night & kids running around everywhere screaming & crying, it was not pleasant!

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Good stay.

The bed was a bit soft.

Not far from airport & free airport shuttle.we have no time to explore as we landed late in the evening left early the next morning.

Overall, A crap experience!!
    • Special Offer - Studio

Owners were not friendly. One staff member was ok but wasn't interested in my problem. No can opener, toilet brush in room. No power points in front of mirrors, Stove was dangerous as there was no off/ on symbols. Windows were filthy as were both the front and back of the room. We had bits of toilet paper and sanitary pad tabs by the door so hadn't swept in quite a while. Charged huge amount to wash and dry our clothes and drier was broken. Had dogs that went off when we went to reception.

Bed was comfy and was close to the airport

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

We will be back and recommending this property to fellow friends, family etc
    • Special Offer - Studio

I don't think the frame time around free parking was explained,.....(maybe my mistake,) but it was still very secure and a reasonable price to pay. A little bit of coming and going on the property next door, we understand these were families stranded by the housing crisis in Akld. We have heard much worse stories, so felt OK. For travelers arriving from overseas, after long flights, (esp with young children) this would have been an unacceptable noise level I believe.

We have booked fly-in/fly-out accommodation many times through booking.com, this accommodation was by far the best.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

False intentions
    • Family Room

I had booked a family room 6-8 months before we travelled. I did not recieved the room we booked. There was no communication from owner prior that I couldn't have the room I wanted. The 2 rooms we were given were miles apart. When we tried to discuss with Manager he was unhelpful. We were very disappointed with this. Unsatisfactory. Very disappointed will never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great price for tidy and clean room at an airport motel.
    • Special Offer - Studio

Few minor faults in unit: Bathroom basin plug clogged or broken and slow to drain water away. Bedside lamp not working. Bathroom window a bit exposed in that to shower or go to toilet, I felt people walking past could see in too easily. I didn't feel the need to inform manager at the time as none of these faults caused me any concern or bother.

The bed was really comfy and room was spacious and set up well. The whole unit was a good sized space with couches and large desk area. I liked how the manager allowed me to leave my suitcase there earlier the day of my stay so I could then go shopping, looking around and return at check in time. I liked the free shuttle service to the airport the next day. That is a great draw card seeing it's a more suburban location. Appreciated the fan too. A good size tv in room. Very clean and tidy and no sign of bed bugs or insects or dampness. (Room 15) My domestic flight arrived early morning so I was unable to utilise free shuttle to motel. However, I caught the 390 bus from airport for $3.50 and bus stop is only metres away from motel. This bus goes to nearby Mangere Shops and Onehunga shops too if you wanted to shop. I also enjoyed the walk to Mangere shops from motel. It's an experience, Mangere! Not many places like it around NZ now.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

OK as we only had 4 hours sleep there.
    • Studio

We had asked for a double and a single bed, only got a double. No complimentary soap or shampoo/conditioner. Very basic. Felt a little unsafe because of area and local clientele which looked like they lived in residence. Lots of activity and noise going one when we were trying to sleep.

Very comfortable bed. Car storage while we were away.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Handy and inexpensive
    • Family Room

Quite run down and very noisy. I yelled out the window to shut them up around midnight.

The staff were friendly and the airport transfer was very handy.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

the room was adequate.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Kitchen

The place wasn't all that clean. There was a lot of dirt in the corners of the bathroom especially. There was wifi available but I was unable to connect.

The bed was comfortable and the room was warm.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Left a lot to be desired.
    • Special Offer - Studio

Very basic and what you see in the photos on your web page does not shape up as a modern type motel.It is outdated and does not present well from the outside with maintenance and painting required to spruce it up.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The bed was comfy and room old but clean.
    • Family Room

Very noisy in front of room with cars coming and going and other guests noisy.

The bed was comfy and room old but clean. Owners helpful in picking us up at airport night before flight after dropping back rental car and then taking us to airport next morning via their shuttle bus.

Ok accommodation in not so ok surroundings
    • Special Offer - Studio

The area surrounding the hotel is less than appealing- overlooking people's yards, clearly some guests are residents who sit around the entrance smoking, and there is a distinct smell of sewerage (which thankfully couldn't be smelt from inside the room).there are flurescent lights on along the balcony all night, which makes you feel like extra security is needed, and the walls are so thin that we thought someone was in our room when a neighbouring room opened a door in the middle of the night. This was the most expensive room we booked in NZ - not worth the money.

The room was clean and well equipped- which took us by surprise considering the outside/surroundings. The courtesy bus to the 'baa and bar' is very handy as it's too far to walk anywhere- wouldn't want to walk around here at night anyway. Great restaurant. Shuttle to airport handy.

Bed very comfortable.
    • Special Offer - Studio

Bed very comfortable. Quiet location. Good shuttle service but didn't know we had to pay for shuttle when we arrived back in NZ. Car storage facility very safe with electronic gate to keep unwanted people out.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Fine for an overnight stay
    • Special Offer - Studio

Staff wasn't too communicative. I arrived late in the evening, I called the staff on the gate phone, but nobody appeared for a long time. One of the guests let me in.

Convenient to the airport. Huge, comfortable and clean apartment.

Hmmm
    • Special Offer - Studio

The shower didn't work properly The bathroom cabinet had no drawer handles the bathroom ceiling was bulging down from leak above Asked for extra milk got one tiny pot

The bedding and decor was lovely

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Pretty tidy, comfortable rooms
    • Special Offer - Studio

Reception was unmaned and the buzzer wasn't working initially so it took over 10 minutes to find someone to check us in. There was no cutlery in the rooms asides from teaspoons for coffee which made eating a bit tricky.

Very clean and tidy rooms. Comfortable bed. Warm room. Hot shower. Barely any noise from road and neighbours and the place was fully booked.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Not really impressed with our stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Kitchen

Studio Unit when a One Bedroom Unit was ordered. Inconsiderate guests when walking up the stairs (noisey heavy footed ) The whole complex needs an upgrade, noisy water pipes through out. Office Sfaff not really instered in following any comments about a possible water leak from floor above.

Not to much, location to International Airport was important

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Comfy bed unit nice and roomy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Kitchen

Kitchen had no tea towel dish cloth or dish brush to clean up with. No salt in shaker very basic bathroom had no hand towels Dirt under entrance mat never been swept for ages. Needs a good hose down scrub

Comfy bed unit nice and roomy

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

A number of obvious mainteannace items outstanding and the...
    • Studio

A number of obvious mainteannace items outstanding and the attempted upgrade of the facility is not complete or does not provide normal facilities - i.e. overbed lights.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Unfriendly staff, poor location with dogs barking most of...
    • Special Offer - Studio

Unfriendly staff, poor location with dogs barking most of the time. Room was very untidy. Junk food wrapper still left in a corner of the room. Basic facilities were not available. One had to fill hot water jug from sink in the toilet etc. Very disgusting.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Extremely Rude Owner, Run Down Exterior
    • Special Offer - Studio

Owner and his wife had different opinions on business. Wife was more reasonable and offered us the complimentary shuttle for me and my partner at different times which made sense because the shuttle ran regardless of how many passengers were on it and we were still each entitled to a shuttle.Husband retracted her offer and charged us 15 dollars. The hotel is already overpriced. Needs serious maintenance to become an acceptable establishment. Very run down exterior. Rude interactions with owner which led to him raising his voice at us. My girlfriend cried because of the interaction. Please consider other establishments unless there is no other option. I'm sure being the last available option is the only reason this place is still in business.

The TV was decent even though the remote didn't work. Rooms were actually decent on the inside.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Budget no frills. Does a job but nothing to write home about.
    • Studio

Noisey. Guests making noise throughout the night. These did not appear to be short term guests. Stairs by the end rooms very noisey. Basic motel with good shuttle service and somewhere to get a nights sleep if you're on a connecting flight. It does the job I guess.

Free shuttle to and from airport.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Peaceful
    • Special Offer - Studio

When the shower was on the TV reception was very poor static interference/volume

The crisp white sheets unreal the best in the world since I have been traveling

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Incredibly comfy beds!
    • Special Offer - Studio

You can easily hear everything the people in the rooms next to you are doing/saying, but honestly, it's not the worst thing in the world! All round pretty damn good for an overnight stay!

Bed was incredible! Only a 20 minute walk to grocery stores and some takeaway food places!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The value is entirely in the airport carparking - don't stay if you are not using the carpark
    • Special Offer - Studio

* No SkyTV and Wi-Fi did not work which meant we missed an Australian Open tennis match that we were dying to watch (in fact, that is why we were in Auckland - to catch a flight to Melbourne to watch the tennis) * The eletrical gate to the motel didn't work so when we came back to the motel at close to midnight we had to hit the horn on the car a bunch of times until someone opened it up. Same thing happened with others who arrived late at night. * The guy who drove us to the airport at 4:30am (for a 6:20am flight) informed us that we needed to re-park our car in another spot just as we were ready to depart for the airport despite the woman at reception saying "You can park wherever you like". The late departure didn't bother us but there was a couple in the car who were shaking about missing their flight * We were meant to leave for the airport at 4am but were close to 30 minutes late * No basin to wash dishes etc

* The entire value of the motel is in the carparking. Six days parking for like $117 is reasonable. * Room was clean * Even though the departure to the airport was late, the pickup on the return was really straightforward and on time so five stars ***** for that.! * The car was not damaged (except very minor damage to the right mirror which I was able to jimmy back into place pretty quickly)

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Free airport transfer and good motel for short term stay
    • Special Offer - Studio

Wifi speed should have inproved. Other than that everything is fine.

Free transport to and from airport is a bonus point for this place. The security is indeed excellent. Just be sure to look at the leaflets inside the room for takeaway meals. No restaurant nearby. Just supprette.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Comfortable and clean but don't expect breakfast!
    • Special Offer - Studio

I had paid for a breakfast as I am not familiar with the area and had a long drive ahead. I was told when I arrived that they could not provide me with breakfast in the morning as they were too busy and there was only one member of staff available. I had already paid for the meal so they said that they would refund me but I had made plans based on getting breakfast and I am very disappointed. Don't offer something if you cannot deliver. I booked this room because of the breakfast deal that was on offer.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Very disappointed in stay .
    • Special Offer - Studio

Paper thin wall noisy water pipes screaming when ever someone turns tap on kept me awake only got 3 hours sleep.Bad smell oder in reception. Disappointed wont ever stay again or recommend.

Bed was comfortable and had a shuttle bus.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Location ideal for our morning trip to Auckland airport.
    • Studio

Two couples and rooms, although one was upgraded, were a long way from each other - not great for unloading luggage. Although our booking stated - hairdryer and iron facilities - these were not available in our studio unit. Broken/missing handles on the bathroom cabinet, lights not working, no information in the rooms regarding hotel facilities, nearby restaurants or emergency information. The location was great and the bed comfortable but very disappointed with the overall stay.

Location ideal for our morning trip to Auckland airport.

Awesome stay!
    • Studio

Reception area would put you off, it was a bit shabby. We had to go out on the balcony for our wifi to work properly. Other than that, we thourouglhy enjoyed our stay

Room was clean and tidy with up to date furniture and facilities. Bed was super comfortable. Big TV, nice coffee with milk in the fridge as well. Had our own private balcony which was cool.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

No good for staying children
    • Special Offer - Studio

Other tenants (permanent) were loud and the smell of smoke was hard to get away from. Service was terrible and english was hard to understand.

car was secure, in gated area.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

For $160 a night - we would have been better to stay at a backpackers!!
    • Studio

When staff decided to attend the front desk they were very blasè and uninformative.I commented to my partner it looked like the kind of place that rented by the hour and sure enough they rent rooms out for 4 hrs (9am to 1pm) before booked customers check in at 2pm! Haha. There were various kids running around the place some just in nappies and some of the shadiest ppl loitering around (the kind who cold stare you as though deciding if they should mug you or if your an undercover looking to make a bust), making the place look like a low income housing complex. Our room was bizarre and I wondered how many porn movies had been made in it. There were holes in the walls, broken furniture, two t.v.'s (the broken one still on the wall) with the second one placed on a lower bench in front of it. A funny smell coming from the toilet and a bathroom door that had a busted lock ensures the classy continues. There towels had to be changed and with the noise of kids running around and yelling above us and another lot running around yelling outside our ground floor window the chance of sleep was not good. Room service was apparently available but with no info from either uninspiring staff or any info in the room - we didnt try it and honestly I was kind of glad. I would be hesitant to eat from that kitchen and not leave with health issues. Prior to arrival we ordered breakfast each and were shocked as first we were told 7am was too early to have it and when it arrived at 8am it consisted of 2 weetbix each (not in packets), a small tub of yoghurt each, a cpl of mix n match jams, 2 cold peices of toast each, a small jug of milk to share and 3/4 cup of orange juice each both in paper cups! Classy ALL THE WAY folks. For $160 a night - we would have been better to stay at a backpackers!!

The only positives is 1* location 2* parking 3* we had a comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Not suitable even just overnight
    • Family Room

Extremely uncomfortable bedding that all four of us had. Little sleep and neck pain next day. No toiletries other than 2 mini soaps. No decaf tea/coffee. No power point in bathroom. No easily accessible power point in bedroom.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Come and see the rudest man ever in his natural habitat.
    • Special Offer - Studio

Adding to previous reviews, the man who works there TRULY is one of the rudest people I've ever met! Speaks to you as if you're a moron and everything is too much hassle. I asked at reception for nearby restaurants and he told me about an Indian nearby which picks you up for free. I asked if I could use the phone in reception to call them as I wanted to go right away and was told "your room's only over there, use the phone in your room." So over the car park and up the stairs I go, to discover the phone in my room is so old and manky that all the numbers have rubbed off. Back to reception to be talked at as if I am a moron for a little bit longer before the woman came down and said I could call from reception. What a joke and a total waste of my time at nearly 9pm when I just wanted to go eat after over 20 hours of travelling!

Basic but good sized room. Free shuttle to and from airport. Comfortable bed. Reasonable price compared to other places.