Reviews of Azur Lodge 5 stars

#17 of 71 hotels in Queenstown

9.8

9.7

9.9

Enjoyed it, but not worth the price.
    • Deluxe Villa

I feel like overall it should be a 4 star hotel. The view was incredible, but everything else was not what you would expect - both given the other reviews and the price. 3/4 of us (had 2 rooms) thought it was overrated and overpriced.

The view was incredible.

Outstanding luxury and privacy in Queenstown
    • Deluxe Villa

I'm really clutching at straws, but if I had to fault something: it would be the size of the televisions. However, who cares about the television when you can look out the window? It's hard to put a bigger television in the spot they are in: but if I wanted to change something that would be it.

Staff are exceptional. Because of the boutique nature of the venue, they are not only prepared to go the extra mile, but actually do. The villas are comfortable, warm, and well appointed. The internet was of great quality. There is a short walk to the villas from the reception, and the staff will always want to drive you in buggies but they were so close we opted to walk. We were driving an electric car and the staff kindly allowed us to charge it!

Our second trip here and we'll be sure to be back again.

Leaving!

Well, this was our second trip back to Azur. We love love love it. The staff are wonderful helpful and friendly. The food is amazing (as is Maria's baking!!). Nothing is too difficult for them to organise or help with. The views from the entire property are to die for - including the rooms and bathroom. Bed is so comfortable. Room beautifully toasty warm when it's so cold out. Already looking forward to our third trip!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Paradise in Queenstown
    • Deluxe Villa

Nothing - it was a great experience

Privacy and understated but excellent service. Breakfast & canapés with beautiful Otago wine were amazing too...will definitely return

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

"You will not want to leave"
    • Deluxe Villa

Checking-out: it was so hard to leave behind such a winter paradise...

The perfect villa with its fireplace and bubble bath (during a winter stay), the amazing view, and the marvellous young and relaxed, yet attentive and helpful, staff.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

The highlight of my stay in Queenstown. I didn't want to leave my beautiful villa.
    • Deluxe Villa

Nothing at all. I had a perfect stay so please keep doing what you're doing!

The staff is friendly, warm and consistently attentive; they know how to pamper and provide a luxury experience in the most professional execution. Some of my favorite memories: they delivered breakfast in a picnic basket to my room every morning, then plated it up nicely; waking up to spectacular mountain views from your bed; the bath tub with doors opening to the lake and mountains is by far the most special and unforgettable part of my stay here. You must come and see and experience it for yourself to believe.

I like everything of the place so much. I will be there next time.
    • Deluxe Villa

Kindly staffs, wonderful place, delicious breakfast!

A beautiful place to stay
    • Deluxe Villa

I should have booked a longer stay

A beautiful place to stay

Best accommodation I have ever stayed in, and I've stayed in many
    • Deluxe Villa

Outstanding service with staff who truly seem to enjoy and take pride in ensuring you feel welcome and have a great stay

Amazing experience.

We couldn't stay longer!

Amazing experience. Exceeded expectations. Awesome staff.

Fantastic

Beautiful

Perfect stress free and an expierience I'll never forget
    • Deluxe Villa

Everything was honestly perfect breakfast cooked to order super friendly and helpful staff couldn't have made our trip any better

Well-appointed Villa
    • Deluxe Villa

Well-appointed and private villa. The staff were wonderful and very helpful throughout our stay. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Fantastic getaway, able to relax and completely unwind. Thank you
    • Deluxe Villa

Include a bottle of local quality pinot

Great place, drop off and collection was perfect. Fantastic layout and snacks and drinks were a treat.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Villa

Spacious suite, comfortable furniture, unimpeded view of lake and mountains.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

We stayed in the Azur Lodge for one week (in 2 different...

We stayed in the Azur Lodge for one week (in 2 different villas) and enjoyed each day of it! The views are stunning, the interior design tasteful and luxurious (but not in a pretentious way). The staff is the most friendly and attentive we have ever met on our entire three months lasting journey. Not to mention the great helpfullness when we had a problem with a locked car (car-key inside!) Thank you again! We will certainly come back! Ruth and Karl (Austria)

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

This is obviously a very high end place to stay.

No criticisms whatever, but just a suggestion if you are planning to stay at Azure Lodge. We stayed here right at the end of our holiday when we had done all our sight seeing already, so could relax and enjoy what the Lodge has to offer. This worked out very well. But you do need the good weather that we had!

This is obviously a very high end place to stay. The location, helped hugely by the fact that we had excellent weather for our stay, is exceptional - a sweeping view of Lake Wakatipu, from high up, completely unoverlooked. My wife and I enjoyed watching the Twin Screw Steamship Earnslaw plying its way back and forth across the lake. You could even do this while taking a bath, which is placed right by the bathroom panoramic window overlooking the view. An iconic memory of the lake! The staff are well trained and all are personable, cheerfully welcoming and helpful; as one would wish and hope for. Essentially, nothing is too much trouble for them. We stayed only two nights. The first night, as we had travelled some way to reach Azur Lodge, we dined in our villa. Though the Lodge does not offer dinner itself as such, the meal was easily ordered from a local restaurant - Azur offer plenty to choose from - and the Azur staff set out our table in the villa and plated up everything so that we could dine enjoying the view. The second night we dined in one of the most well regarded restaurants in Queenstown, with Azur driving us down and picking us up. One really needs to spend sufficient time at the Lodge to take advantage of all its facilities. So plan to spend plenty of time lounging around, for example having canapes and drinks before dinner, whether dining in or out. As a bonus, if you enjoy star-gazing, the view south at night, being over the lake, is essentially free of any town/street lighting. The clear nights that we had, allowed a wonderful view of the southern stars, We could gaze at the Southern Cross; a special treat for us from the northern-hemisphere. The Milky Way is very clear and we could follow it north until it goes into Orion which was upside-down for us!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

This property was worth the trip to NZ alone.

I didn't know about this place when I got married. Wife agreed that we should have stayed here for our honeymoon.

This property was worth the trip to NZ alone. The views from the patios are stunning. Privacy is excellent. The service was by far the best we received in NZ (and Bora Bora afterwards). Every person on staff knew our daily activities so they could better cater to our needs. The villas are very well appointed with excellent bathrooms. I would compare the layout to an over-water bungalow style villa. The bed and dining area overlook Lake Wakatipu. The bathtub has a similar view and the patio has a wonderful glass railing that gives it an 'infinity edge'. We cancelled a dinner reservation so we could utilize the in-room dining option (they pick up food for you in town). The iPod jack and surround sound made for a great dinner atmosphere. Queenstown has a million things to do and Gavin was exceptional in helping us make plans and reservations. He was extremely interested in my feedback from our activities so he could help tailor other guest experiences. The location is about 5 minutes from the edge of town. I enjoyed staying just outside of town so we could enjoy the tranquility of the lake. On the last day, my wife left her iPhone in the room before our flight to Tahiti(!) The property manager emailed me and met us at the airport with the phone prior to departure. Life is too short to miss experiences like this.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

Bed comfy.

needs consist dress code to identify staff on duty.

Bed comfy. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.