Reviews of CentrePoint on Colombo 4.5 stars

859 Colombo Street, 8013 Christchurch, New Zealand

#14 of 163 hotels in Christchurch

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

The welcome to the property was fantastic, Leon was a great host! The room was perfect, comfortable and had everything needed for my three night stay. An awesome location to explore the city from. Will definitely stay again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No card at door to indicate : Do not disturb OR clean my room. Staff knock and ask which not best way.

Good location. Very clean linen changed daily. Helpful reception staff courteous.

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

I had to catch an early flight to Christchurch from Wellington and arrived really early in the morning while I waited for my relatives to arrive I wanted to change my clothes for the planned celebration later that day. I knew that my room would not be ready so asked if there was any chance that I could find a place to change my outfit. The owner with no fuss offered a temporary room to do this. He also text me as soon as the room was available, which was greatly appreciated. I liked the eco conscious awareness with the a guidance to their recycling operation and the provision of eco friendly products. The bed was comfy, spa bath fantastic and the room amenities of a very good standard. The many lamps created a relaxing ambiance and the heated towel rail was very welcoming. The large screen TV angled so that you could conveniently view TV from the very comfy leather lazy boy chairs or from the bed was really great too! Lovely crisp clean sheets, lots of pillows and minimal overbearing paintings adorning the walls. I asked for some business cards before I left and said that I would highly recommend that my family and friends stay there, in

• Standard Studio

Not dislikes but FYI: The hotel is chiefly self catering and there are not easy access grocery stores nearby if you don't have a car. You can pay to arrange breakfast but its not a good deal. Plenty restaurants within 8-10 minutes walking distance though. The wireless is good but it is capped at 10G per day and a surcharge of 5NZD for each extra (1 or 5 gig, I can't remember).

Close to bus stops, easy walking distance from Cathedral square. Large screen TV with 50+ channels.

• Standard Studio

The beds were very comfortable and there were 2 recliners in the room for reading or chatting. There was a table and 2 chairs and a basic kitchenette with french press, kettle, dishes and microwave cook wear. there was a microwave and small fridge so simple meals were possible. the place was very clean. The owner stored our luggage so we could wander about before checking in.

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Noisy fan in the bathroom. Nothing else!

Huge space! Great little apartment and had a unit that was quiet in the corner of the property. Reception gave us many helpful details.

All good

Room was large, well presented and comfortable. Leon was most helpful and friendly. We stayed there again for 2 nights at the end of the holiday

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Just the drain in the bathroom

Bathroom was delightfully clean but smelt because of a drain .... a design fault so I feel bad marking them down for this

Nothing to dislike.

The room was a good size, well equipped and had everything for our needs during our two night stay. The host was very helpful and the local restaurants good.

• Standard Studio

1. room service breakfast bread is delivered at 9pm the night before so I did not order 2. Wi Fi not reliable - think it was turned off at night? 3. Room had see-through curtain (did not block light from buildings next door) so I hung a blanket 4. Sheets were not 100% cotton Main problem was strange behaviour of staff: I requested late check out at midday because my flight was 3.45pm and hotel staff booked airport shuttle accordingly. At 11.20am, manager started knocking on my door and insisted that I leave in 20 minutes. I felt threatened but as I was in the midst of packing for midday departure and wanted to take a bath (for which I paid $30 extra) I said this was impossible. After that, the manager knocked on the door and/or entered my room 4 times before midday. At one point, he became agitated and pretended to call the police. I left at exactly midday on the shuttle as planned, but the argument spoiled my entire trip and I told him so. BTW: There were no guests waiting to check in (and check-in is not midday) and only two cars in the motel's carpark. I was puzzled and disturbed and would never go back.

Room size and equipment good. Location good - 10 minute walk to cathedral

• Deluxe Studio

Reception wasn’t open at 7:15 when we left but recieved a prompt reply to my email to assure us everything was ok with check out.

Great motel, a few blocks from the city but an easy walk to cathedral square/tram/shops.

The bin is too small. There are no cooking facilities. Coffee and tea aren't free. Carpet is black so unsure if it's clean. Supermarket is a bit far around 25mins walk.

Friendly staff. Bathroom is pretty clean. Beds are comfortable, Linens are very clean.

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Nothing much once you get your bearings.

Comfortable,clean well located motel if you don’t mind walking to city centre and surrounds. Taxis always available if you’re feeling lazy. Great Indian restaurant across the road and great cafe up the street.

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Was an expensive stay for Christchurch but think this was due to it being peak time with not much city availability.

Location was great, easy to walk into the CBD. Unfortunately I have forgotten the name of the guy on reception but he was awesome, could not do enough for us, really helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable with some luxury touches and although we’d booked a one-bed apartment for 4 adults, because they weren’t full that night they gave us an extra room! I can’t rate it highly enough,

No green tea

Got an upgrade. Sky TV free with many channels. Mr Kim is a good laugh. He is Korean so be patient with his speaking. If he likes you he grabs your hand and shows you around. We felt very comfortable

• Standard Studio

The location was excellent for city center and the manager was very attentive and friendly. The room was nothing fancy but spacious, clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet for the central location.

• Standard Studio

Owners/staff very helpful with information. We were able to leave car parked on sitefor several hours after checkout while we did some local tours.

Nothing to improve.

The motel was spotlessly clean. We stayed there for one night, but we have stayed there in the past, so we knew it was good. The location is fantastic - easy walking into the city and the host was helpful as he gave us instructions and also a map. There is a lot of car parking. We were booked into an upstairs room but when we said to the host that we did not want to carry our luggage and gear ( ski gear ) upstairs, he very kindly gave us a room downstairs. That was much appreciated by us. I would definitely stay there again.

• Standard Studio

Not exactly a down point, but while we stayed, there was one night when a group of people checked in late at night, and one people from the group knocked on our door mistook us as his company. More surprisingly, same thing happened the next morning by the owner himself...... I think it would be better if the motel has a better management on their room occupation status.

Location of this motel is excellent, city center is in walking distance. Staff very nice and helpful, the information sheet the motel provided was much useful!

• Standard Studio

Other than a microwave there is no cooking appliances in the unit. This limits the ability to prepare food in the room making you reliant on going out to the local eateries.

The quality of the room was excellent and the location of the motel was first class with close proximity to any number of great eating spots. Ample car parking is available on site as well.

• Standard Studio

The room was for a disabled person, but the shelves in the bathroom were too high for this, and the bathroom sink was too close to the shelves. Don't like shower curtains!!

The room was a very good size!! bed was very good!! nice clean tidy and room was easy to use.

• Standard Studio

We booked last minute, received a free upgrade. Host was lovely, room was fantastic. Will consider CentrePoint if i stay in Christchurch again. Comfy large room and super helpful/friendly staff. Thank you so much :)

All was good.

Didn't have breakfast there. Nice to have cookies provided and a spa bath and lovely bathroom products. A desk was provided and a nice surprise to have an electric blanket too.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Room is old, quite dirty, and dark, carpet stinks, everything in the room looks worn and cheap. Heating is not adequate. No lift. Fridge was not ready to use, has to be turned on and no information how to turn it on. Owner, who is also the fromt desk, is pretentious, cheap, can hardly speak english and / or understand english.

Free parking

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Filthy carpets and smelly furniture. Everything is outdated, cheap and ugly. It´s dark and uncomfortable. Inadequate information from the staff about the restaurants in the surrounding.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Standard Studio

The hotel staff were excellent. The hotel is centrally located to lots of restaurants and shops. The staff helped arrange for out transport back to the airport with no problems at all. They were great and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Our room was next to the laundry room; bed was average & the pillows were awful. It is ok but for a motel, it was expensive.

Location was good, staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Studio

The owner, Jeff, made our stay a memorable one. He went out of his way to help us know the place, gave us a typed paper with names and locations of stores, restaurants, bus stops. Wide spacious room with kitchen facilities.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Bed a bit soft

Super helpful guy at reception, booked a dinner table and the airport shuttle for us and gave lots of tips for things to do in Christchurch!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The owner was so welcoming and helpful, giving clear directions to places of interest and suggesting sights. She also provided a separate map and information (address, operating hours, and price ranges) for a great number of restaurants. We liked the two levels, which made the "room" feel like a proper apartment. Huge bedroom area, with both a double and a twin bed. Plenty of storage space, with a full cupboard and many small drawers. The safe is a plus. Many thoughtful touches: a power cube, DVD player, a well-supplied kitchenette, electric blanket, choice of milk. The hotel and the surrounding area are quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

The location is great. Only 10 mins walk to the city centre. The room was very clean and all things were prepared for us and more. Staff were nice and really helpful and shared a lot of information with us

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Standard Studio

Non-slip floor in the shower. Some kind of basket shelf in the shower to hold shampoo, etc. It was kind of a long walk into the center of town.

Loved the large room, with microwave and decent sized refrigerator. Jeff was very helpful always.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

No improvements needed.

The check in was good. Friendly and helpful Hosts providing us with a detailed map. The registration was correctly done with all of us giving our details. They showed pride in their motels. Great Ambassadors for Christchurch. Great location. An easy walk to town.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Studio

Very helpful and friendly host, Jeff not only gave us a lot of information for sightseeing, he also helped us to make reservation for dining and book shuttle to train station. Good location, convenient to visit the city center on foot.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Standard Studio

Room - basic. Christchurch is in wrecks due to earth quake. it looks terrible and the atmosphere is not that cheerful. Restaurants - Avoid Italian Venuti for their arrogancy.

Help, care . knowledge and tons of good will from Jeff and wife, the owners. Restaurants Bog and Carlton, highly recommended. Avoid Venuti for their arrogance and insolent talking.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The bed is a bit narrow

It s a Japanese lady who runs the business at front desk. The service is very attentive to details and well considerate. They provided very detailed information about everything you need (see the picture), from food to tour guide, etc. They even provided an int'l adapter with USB hub. Basically they provided everything that you can think of, free wifi, safety box, iron and board, dryer...which makes you feel it s like your home. Great location with easy access to all key tourism sites

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Standard Studio

Nothing as everything was done that they could do even helping me set up the internet

The friendliness, helpfulness and knowledgeable was 100/100. He not only told us how to get they centre but where to go for Christmas Decorations. He also organised shuttle services from the airport, to and from the casino and to the train station Excellent service

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Great family run motel. Owner couldn't have been more helpful in gave us some excellent recommendations for what to do and see for our short stay in Christchurch. Room was just right, very comfortable and clean. Location about a 10-15 min walk into heart of Christchurch. Would highly recommend

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Standard Studio

Super friendly stuff. Major greeting from our receptionist who have us a lot of information for our short stay at Christchurch , and all major hints about the city. Also, he let us keep our car park there even though we had checked out. Bed super confortable , great room.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

No negatives to report

We booked a two night stay at this city motel. The rooms were clean and functional i.e. well equipped everything was working. Good to see enough space and racks for two suitcases, an issue so often neglected. The location close to the city was excellent. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Studio

The location is great, can reach everywhere by walking. The room is spacious and very clean. The bath water is warm and steady. There are clear instructions everywhere. The staff are nice and welcoming. Since we have an early flight to catch, he helped us with the airport shuttle booking. And they gave very detailed restaurants recommendations. Plus, you can really tell that they value customers' opinions very much. Really, there's nothing to complain about. Will definitely stay here next time!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Having to leave so early! (Due to our flights).

Amazing hosts who went out of their way to facilitate our stay and change of plans at very short notice. Room was very large and bed super comfy bathroom very spacious with spa. Nice an quiet, new and close walking distance to everything you need. Perfect spot. Thank you again especially for the most comprehensive map and directions you provided to us on check in for all the local restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Everything was perfect.

Fantastic stay. Owner was lovely and provided lots of very helpful info on the local area. Room was big, clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Standard Studio

Can't complain about the anything. Except that a light globe had blown which we told staff about.

Wonderful motel. Great facilities. Perfect location.

Great Location

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Loved the spa bath and electric blankets. Everything you need and more in this brand new unit.

• Standard Studio

It's closeness to the city and the laundry facilities

Nice place, well equipped

• Standard Studio

I would like a place to hang wet coats

Smooth late night check in. Easy walking distance from towncenter.

No issues

Easy access from the airport and to the city. Clean and comfortable.

Bed was average.

Large spacious room.

• Standard Studio

The motel is very nice and very clean. The location is good. Would go there again.

The room

Nothing bad

Personalised customer service, spacious clean room in a central location

• Standard Studio

Very good location. The room was big and tidy. Staffs were very nice!

• Standard Studio

The continental breakfast was expensive compared to other places we have stayed.

They upgraded our room for free so we got a suite instead of a studio

• Standard Studio

Spacious rooms, nice facilities and easy access to parking. Quiet neighbourhood.

• Standard Studio

The staff are so helpful and friendly. We had such a nice time at centre point on Colombo!

• Standard Studio

Room was very clean and had everything we needed.

• Standard Studio

Uncomfortable bed and pillows Room smelt like chemical cleaning products

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Staff extremely approachable and helpful. Super room extremely well appointed. Great position for city centre

• Standard Studio

Good location for the city and not far from the airport.

Closeness to town

• Standard Studio

the noisy electricity box - once key/pad is inserted a noisy humming sound continues until the card is withdrawn. (then no electricity to unit?)

• Standard Studio

No gluten free breakfast option.

soooooooo clean

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Lovely staff very helpful. Really into the clean environment. Parking and internet access excellent.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Shower temp....kept going cold.

The recycling facilities, providing tissues in bathroom.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff very friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Paid much more for a small bath. Owner said he would discount me if I stayed another night. I stayed two more nights, no discount.

Good

covered parking

the motel is very conveniently situated

Lovely owners

shower over bath

very quiet ,great location, clean room

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Studio

Parking space was limited, but hard to correct given their location.

I loved the spavious room and their recycling program.

• Deluxe Studio with Spa Bath

Staff very efficent and pro active; wifi very good; 10 min walking frm downtown and main attractions