Reviews of Barclay Suites 4.5 stars

70 - 74 Albert Street, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#32 of 167 Holiday rentals in Auckland

Top marks didn't want to leave can't wait to go back
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Couldn't find a heater...but plenty spare blankets.

Staff were very helpful and friendly from check in to check out..Clean quiet and comfy rooms with a great view from a comfy bed. Has a nice relaxed feeling about the place.wish we could have stayed longer...oh and cheers for the free room upgrade! See you soon😀

Good location, nice friendly staff- very helpful
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

I was concerned with the room cleanliness. Glasses and cups were not cleaned properly and I have questions about our bed linen being changed from previous guests

Good location, nice friendly staff- very helpful

Fuckn amazing
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Well was hoping to drink n smoke but signed an agreement of no partying which suxed cause that's what we came for & TV didn't work either

Loved how big the room was

Excellent.
    • Studio

I liked everything.

The location is great, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the facilities are clean. I felt at home, warm and comfortable during a stressful work week. I will not stay anywhere else and will recommend to others.

Good location.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The two bedroom suite was a little cramped. Not much room to put your luggage in the bedrooms. The washer/ dryer combo was nice to have but the drying portion doesn’t work very well.

Good location. It was easy to walk downtown and to the Maritime Museum. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Amazing views of Auckland harbor, warm and clean.
    • Tower Suite

Initially the staff sent us to the wrong room which was still occupied... After an 11 hour journey and two flights it was not a good start.

Amazing views of Auckland harbor, warm and clean. Staff were helpful in setting up an extra bed. Beds were comfortable.

A lot going on....
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The front of house staff were great, but check-in system is flawed. One terminal to check folks in (so lots of people there when tour group show up), and one guy came back down whilst I was there to say that he'd been given a key to a room that someone was still sleeping in! LOL. No big deal, just a lot of messing around. The front desk girls were really doing their best, but not set up great. Another issue is the construction in front of the hotel and the building demolition NEXT DOOR with jack hammering firing up at about 8am every morning (totally not the fault of the hotel though, obviously). If you asked to be checked in to the other side of the building, I think you'd be okay.

Great location and very good price for CBD. Room was clean and nice.

Very good find at short notice. Had everything.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

We were on 23rd floor with great views. The unit had excellent facilities with separate bedroom. Very good value compared with hotels in the vicinity.

If only location is important then this is your place.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

We had the 2bd/2bath, but the place was really small. We had no place to open and close our luggage! Our washing machine didn't work. They did offer to wash our clothes for us, Our TV didn't work, which they fixed. It was really cold in our room. There was constant noise during the night. There must have been a night club or similar nearby because it was bass thumping until 4AM! The size was the biggest problem.

Location. Staff were very nice and helpful.

recommend to stay
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

It is a bit noisy because of construction of road if staying at lower floor.

The hotel room includes all necessary facilities. It is a good choice for family stay. The location of the hotel is good, close to all attractions. The staff are very friendly.

A very convenient place for short stays
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The rooms were not cleaned regularly. It could have been cleaner. The Internet could have been unlimited!

It was very close to the city center and the central places. There was a kitchenette with kitchen utensils useful for breakfast and so on.

Staff were friendly, but cold room and loads of street noise

No heating and noise!!

It was a pretty cold night in Auckland, and we had to go on the hunt for a heater. then had it on most of the night and the room was still cold. Loads of noise from street woke the whole family most of the night, wouldn't recommend friends staying here with families, as no sleep and cold

Ideal place to stay...so ideal we've rebooked:)
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Traffic issue at the moment...but that's only temporary. A biscuit refill on the second day would have been nice. Only saying that because you asked:)

The staff were very friendly overall and quick to respond when there was a problem with the t.v.. The room was very clean and very comfortable. Barclay Suites are very conveniently located.

The hotel was lovely with extremely nice staff. The $600 bond and construction was off putting.
    • Studio

I thought it was outrageous that there was a $600 bond to be held without credit card. I had left my card at home and had to pay for the bond. This amount of money I believe is ridiculous and I have never stayed anywhere with this amount, even 5 star hotels, especially because the room was so cheap. I also was unaware that there was construction going on around the area and we were woken up at 8am on a saturday which was not pleasant.

The staff were lovely. I mentioned it was our anniversary and they upgraded our room free of charge.

Enjoyable and would considered it again.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

WE were happy with the accomodation.

It was very comfortable and handy to restaurants, transport Shops etc. The staff were most helpful. We enjoyed our stay.

The property is not well maintain.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The lift always only1 active during our stay (1 week). The washing machine did not work well. The cleaning service is very trick. They just pull the bancket and they finished their job . The rooms and living room were messy but they said had been cleaned.

Near to the shopping area

Love this place every time!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The AirCon/Heater was blowing cold air even though it was set at 27! A friend finally got it to say 32degrees, however was still blowing the same cold air! Also the fact the road was closed it was a real pain to get to, which isn’t hotels fault!

Love this place every time! Staff are wonderful! Great value for what your pay considering location!

The room we had was just a bit run down - I’ve stayed here...
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The room we had was just a bit run down - I’ve stayed here plenty of times and have never stayed in a room run down like this one. The ensuite vanity was water damaged, and just little things like this made it seem just a bit more run down than usual....

The room was very clean and modern with good facilities.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Checkout process to get the bond back was too long. There was only one extra blanket in the room and our pullout sofa only had sheets on it in the middle of winter so it was quite cold

The room was very clean and modern with good facilities. The balcony had a view out to the water and over the city which was really nice and it is dead centre of Auckland.

Building
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Massive construction works outside make it virtually impossible to get to by cab/uber. Early morning noise from building.

Clean room. Good facilities. Excellent staff. Great for business travelers for a night.

Wonderful stay, beautiful and well fitted out apartments
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Recommend that you check the Barclays suites website for the map to find the apartments.

The two bedroom apartment was so spacious and well set out and supplied all the things you needed. Two bathrooms were an absolute bonus too! We were also incredibly well looked after the staff and the parking and onsite cafe handy and serve great food and coffee! Loved our stay thanks!

Comfortable stay, 15 min easy walk to town.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Could've used with an extra vaccum. Although a portable aircon was provided, should have ducted system, but now thats just nit picking was still pretty good !

Check in staff were great ! Got upgraded so that was a bonus. Views are pretty good. Rooms are well aquainted, well stocked and appropraite for size. Overall great experience, would stay again. Parking was pretty good too.

Not recommended
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Room was run down, AC is mobile evaporate cooler that leaked water all over the carpet. Dishwasher and washing machine didn’t work. The menu card in our room had blood on it and we were hit an an extra $35/night for parking

Good water pressure

That I got my money back

They took my money an then said I couldn't use my credit car for bond..why let me book with a credit card I cannot use at there facilities..got into a major arguement with the reception after they took my money am said it was a non refundable room total dat light robbery..ended up getting my money back an if in charged for this room I'll be making a formal complaint to booking.com I ended up stayn at another hotel booking.com this was a total waste of my time an I dont want to use booking.com ever again

That I got my money back

Fantastic, would stay again.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Staff came to the room about 7.30pm to make up the sofa bed, which we found a little odd (and we would've been happy to make it ourselves). We weren't given pillows for the sofa bed, had to take them from the main room. Given the location/roadworks it was noisy in the mornings but nothing the staff could do about that. Wifi didn't work (but we weren't worried). Payment was strange - instead of the total cost being split evenly, $1 was charged on check-in (not advised) and meant the remainder got split unevenly, and I was charged a 3rd time to make up the remainder. Very complicated when didn't need to be.

We had a sofa bed so got upgraded to a slightly bigger room which was great. The beds were comfortable, kitchen was a great facility, bathroom was tidy and the shower was amazing. Unit was tidy and warm, and we loved having Sky. Location is great. Staff were lovely and helpful.

Adequate for a long weekend away with friends. The apartment is small but it's Auckland!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Being on the 24th floor we did have issues with the lift not coming to our floor so had to walk down 24 flights of stairs. We waited a good 7 minutes for it but it didn't move at all. Also the washing machine was a nightmare and after following all instructions we were wringing out soaking clothes just before checking out as the dryer function would not work despite following all instructions and having out clothes in there over 17 hours. Frustrating!

Location was perfect regardless of the roadworks right outside. We were on floor 24 so the noise wasn't too bad. Apartment size was adequate for 4 people and a long weekend.

good location, adequate room but nothing special, not great value for money.
    • Tower Suite

on the 25th floor with a very small and potentially dangerous balcony. only marginally friendly reception staff. breakfast was fixed and in the room only.

location, size of room

Nothing much I liked during my stay second time round.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Tenants/others guests noisy and slamming their doors. Housekeeping staff comes into room while I'm asleep and woke me up!

Nothing much I liked during my stay second time round... first time was great... this one was a disappointment 😕

Brill
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Roller blinds in room need a little attention.

For us the location was great. We were in NZ for a month and wanted a place when we landed from U.K. to be easily accessible from the airport. (Shuttle bus excellent to city centre, then short walk to hotel). Lots of eateries within easy reach for the next day before we headed onwards (to Taupo) from the bus station. Again an easy walk. We were so pleased we booked again for our return and stayed for two more nights. Apartment facilities great for just sorting yourself out again, including nearby Countdown!, before long haul flights back to U.K.

It was my first time staying here as this was recommended by...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The blinds weren't enough to keep the light out either trying to relax in bed or try and watch a movie during the day. The breakfast looked amazing however as I started to eat it... it was cold and toast lettuce was soggy... lucky there was a microwave...

It was my first time staying here as this was recommended by a friend. Love the suite/ apartment feeling... it was an enjoyable stay experience at Barclays... thank you

Good value for a few nights or more in Auckland, windows that open and great views.

Everything was fine.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the top floor - it had everything for a few nights' stay, spectacular views of Auckland, lovely staff. The windows open for fresh air, the building was quiet and was in a great location.

Booked the 2 bedroom executive suit for me and 4 friends.

Roadworks. Checked on

Booked the 2 bedroom executive suit for me and 4 friends. It was well equipped. Good apartment size.The dials for the oven were no longer there, so it’s tricky to use. Would be helpful if there was a diagram to show oven elements. Location good except for the roadworks going on on Albert street. Reception friendly and helpful. Overall good experience.

Good location can walk to everything.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Construction!!! Noisy and dusty! Facilities are a tad dilapidated not what we expected for 4 star.

Good location can walk to everything. Staff were accommodating.

We had a lovely weekend with family in spite of the few problems we had.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Lift very slow. Not enough staff on front counter at busy time. No Milk on arrival, no salt and pepper, fan in bathroom not going, towels removed but not replaced (3 of us used the same towel!!! on the last morning). Tea and Coffee used not replaced but dish wash and dish powder were (did not make sense), we were not paying any less for second night so excepted the same standard as first night. We advised on arrival there would be a 6th person joining us on second night and was told no problem but when the second night came they would not help us. We did not want adult brother and sister sleeping on small sofa bed so asked for a mattress for the floor, but no. We asked if king bed in bedroom could be split into two , yes ... but no because housekeeping had already been around. We ended up using pillows and cushions and spare mattress protectors to make a bed

Good Location, good beds, great view, spacious, excellent service making up sofa bed first night. Staff pleasant but often had to check with a faceless senior staff member who we did not see. Helpful when storing luggage when we arrived early.

Dissapointing
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The windows were filthy to a point that you struggled to see outside. No excuse for not cleaning them as they can be reached outside on the balcony. Our apartment smelt of what seemed to be cat urine ? No shelf or soap stand in the shower our daughter stayed in another apartment and her shower was broken. Sofa uncomfortable due to sagging. No heating you could ring 0 for a heater as apparently they had lots really !! Just put one available for use at these prices or put heated blankets. Corridors were cold , concrete and no pictures or design. Outside building site and ugly wall with dirty pavements not necessarily Barclays problem but could be made more inviting.

Friendly efficient staff, comfortable bed ,clean linen. Good apartment layout Close to CBD. Nice cafe next door

Very noisy not just due to the construction that was...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Very noisy not just due to the construction that was happening outside but also the other rooms. Everytime the other room doors were closed, we can hear it clearly like a loud slam.

Was close to everything in the city and good value
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom was not a fan off because I had a room for disability for someone who would be in the wheel chair. Had a shower curtain so water would go everywhere

Was close to everything in the city and good value

My apartment layout was good.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The location is presently difficult to access by car or public transport due to construction which may be ongoing for a few years for a new rapid transit system in Auckland. My room faced the back, where there was a bar, which is noisy on weekends, as every hour or so they toss out bottles noisily into the dumpster. The WIFI allowance of 1GB is inadequate for modern travelers.

My apartment layout was good.

Good!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Additional bedding is not provided.

Location is good. Near the Sky Tower and walking distance to the harbor and shopping place. Room is spacious with full kitchen set. Super market is close.

Great spot and comfortable stay, massage was a highlight
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Please do something about the oven, it has no printing on the dials so you don't know what's what a pond end up grilling so insteed of keeping warm your takeaway 😟

Great location and comfortable beds. I had a secret garden massage which was awesome

I have emailed the Hotel about concerns with our stay and they have not bothered to reply.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Hotel shrunk and tie dyed our clothing in their laundry facilities. Staff did not interested in our complaints. We had to buy new clothes. Rude, unpleasant staff. No customer service at all.

Great location and room, minus the road construction
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Elevators were very slow. Hallways were a bit grim as they were all concrete. There was also a lot of construction on the street so it was very difficult to get Uber drivers to the right address.

Great sized rooms with all the amenities. Also loved the fact that there was only 4 or 5 apartment per floor so it was very private.

Comfy bed.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Needs some maintenance. Light falling out of ceiling. Light bulbs blown. Fan in bathroom not working. Debris on floor not vaccumed up.

Comfy bed. Good location.

Great value for money
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Initial receptionist took a while to acknowledge me (was doing something at the computer. However once I was acknowledged things were fine.

The standard of the room was first rate - far exceeded my expectations

Excellent central location
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The central location means you're exposed to a bit of noise from the nightlife but nothing earplugs can't fix.

Great location with good self contained apartments. Perfect for our stay in Auckland as it was close to the shops and Britport district.

Adequate but disappointing
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

6th floor facing Albert St and the incessant noise until 7 pm, commencing again at 7.30. Very disappointing. No milk in the fridge - but wait! The fridge didn't work! So the ice for our drinks melted very quickly and the wine never cooled. Too late when we realised this. Great service from the inspector who was lovely. The breakfast was dismal to say the least. Because everything was smothered with lettuce (for breakfast!) all four breakfasts arrived cold. Another complaint - I especially booked the breakfasts as we didn't want to cook, but the ones we had, although charged as though they were full English breakfasts, were very average and not worth half the price.

The suite was good, we have stayed occasionally since the Chifley suites and liked the layout.

Nice rooms, shame about the noise
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The first night we had here was horrible. Room was perfectly fine but there was banging music from a club just below us, and we got barely any sleep. Even the earplugs that were (somewhat tellingly) provided in the room didn't help. There was quite a lot of info with said earplugs (clearly the noise is a problem!) giving advice on getting to sleep and what to do if the noise is too bad. One suggestion was a change of room, which we duly went down to reception the next morning and requested (knowing there was no point doing so the night before as the hotel was fully booked). This did eventually result in us getting moved up to a much higher floor (coincidentally an upgrade), which was very quiet and did the trick. However the conversation we had to have to get this was pretty awful. We explained the problem and the first suggestion from the staff was that we pay for an upgrade. We didn't want this obviously - we weren't bothered about an upgrade nor angling for one, we just wanted to sleep, which surely the most basic requirement anyone has of a hotel (& we understand that cities are noisy, but this was really bad). They then tried to make out that we wouldn't get much improvement in our own grade of room as they only went up to the 12th floor. We thought it probably would as we were currently on the 4th, so assume again this was them trying to get us to pay more. They then suggested that maybe we were 'particularly sensitive' to the noise and it was our fault. Only having explained that this was not the case and that the thumping bass was so bad it was literally going through my head despite the earplugs did she finally agree that they should move us. We had to check out of our room and back in again later in the day, which was a bit annoying, but an inconvenience we were willing to have for the excitement of potentially sleeping that night.

The room was spacious, clean and well-equipped.

Too short!

We had to go home!

The value for money was exceptional! We loved the spacious rooms & deck & very tidy! The location was prime! Highly recommended!

Would not go back!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The room was very dirty. The shower and all the blinds in the room had mold growing on them and also a few of the bathroom fittings were broken or completely missing.

The location was good.

Great city stay with friends
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Nothing, happy with everything.

Was lovely to have two bedrooms each, with their own bathroom when travelling with friends. Apartment was clean with everything you could need including a dishwasher and washing machine. Location was great, although a little hard to get to with road works happening. Car park right next door also.

Never will I stay here again- how the hell did this place get such a high rating?
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The property was in a well used, shabby condition, all walls had chunks out of the edges in our room, tiles on the kitchen had at least 10 chunks out from things being dropped. the cupboard doors needed to be adjusted as they hit the drawer below. The airconditioning had leaked all over the lounge floor, this was suctioned out by staff, v noisy, great start to a relaxing weekend and then we were left with furniture all out of kilter that we couldn't get past and a wet floor. There was blood in the lift in the morning at 10 am at departure. Disgusting. The staff were ineffective and should have offered us some kind of anything for the hassle of the wet floor. People were all drinking and yahooing in the building and drinking in the lobby. The lobby was dirty and had a dirty floor and there were cigarette buts outside. In the morning there was vomit in the street outside that needed washing away- yes ive worked in the city before and had to slosh away puke. Their was yelling all night from the bars below and no one mentioned that Sunday morning there would be a digger hammering away from 8am on the building beside us. Our windows were filthy.

The room was clean. as was the shower. so the cleaning staff do the general stuff well. However the windows were filthy and smeared.

Overall the stay was good and the room is nice.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

wifi is not unlimited which is the down side and there is no parking on the site but that's just how big city is.

the location is good, the room is clean and the staff is nice.

Great location!
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Lobby is very small and gets very crowded at certain times of day.

Great location near main streets, restaurants etc. Good-sized room with all the amenities. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Great spot in the city
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Its was a little noisy during the night but being Saturday night in a city centre is probably to be expected

Great location, very spacious, friendly staff, excellent price

Good place. Terrible roadworks
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

It took over an hour to get to the property because of the roadworks. I recommend 2 other couples to stay here and it was unacceptable that we did not get told about the major roadworks. We were woken up by a jackhammer on Anzac Day 8am. This is not your fault but customer should get notified beforehand to make the decision if the want to deal with this when they stay at the property.

Adequate accommodation.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Central AirCon would be great as the portable unit is quite loud. In my unit, the shower door doesn't completely seal, causing water to splash out and collect on the floor. This has been happening for sometime, as there is mold at the base of the shower door. The outside construction made taking a nap hard - but this too, shall pass and is not the responsibility of the property.

Location is perfect for attending business meeting downtown. Easy access to Queen Street and Train Station. The check-in staff was great; especially since I showed up early. She found a room I could check into early, which was greatly appreciated! I also found the small box of milk in the refrigerator a very nice touch as it allowed me to have some tea just after I checked in. As well, coming from a business trip in Taiwan and Bangkok - my clothes greatly appreciated the washer/dryer! Would not mind staying here for a week or so, given the kitchen utensils, etc.

The room was a great size, the staff were awesome, very...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The blinds in the room were dirty and did not block out much light in the morning. Our 5 year old was up at 6am because the lounge room was broad daylight by that time. The construction on Albert street was very, very loud from 7 am. We were up early so no worries, would have been a nightmare if you were after a sleep in.

The room was a great size, the staff were awesome, very friendly and quickly got us the extra towels and bedding we needed for the fold out sofa. We were upgraded to an executive suite, the room was the same as the standard but we were on a much higher floor so we had great views of the harbour bridge and the city. Washing machine and dryer combo was easy to use and washing liquid was provided.

In the middle of the city
    • Tower Suite

The free wifi was patchy, pages refused to load, intermittently disconnected. Wifi seemed to work better on mobile than on my laptop (Macbook pro), not sure for Windows laptops.

We stayed in the Sky suite, separate living and sleeping area. Washer+dryer machine in room was out of order the first night, the staff offered to get our clothes washed and dried with their housekeeping for free (a nice touch). Machine was repaired and working the next day we went back to the room after sightseeing. Location was within the CBD on a hill, so some walking up is expected. Location is about 5-10min walk from main city central for food, supermarket, shopping. City underground rail working is on going just in front of the apartment, do check with property if staying lower floors. Kitchen facilities are great, hob and hood, bread toaster, microwave, nespresso capsule compatible coffee machine by Breville.

Great location and nice comfy room
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

When we arrived they told us we could not stay unless we had a credit card this conversation went on for a good 20mins and then one of them says or you can pay a $600 deposit instead, they should have told us from the beginning, but I believe $600 and a visa debit card (which you can take funds out of) is much to much money. So if you are under 18 I wouldn’t recommend this place as under 18 cannot have a credit card.

Great location and nice comfy room

Great location, staff and room facilities.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Air conditioning machine had a pipe leading out to balcony through a pet door on windows and it’s not perfectly fixed. So the outside air came through the gap in the pet door. This can be modified to a more permanent structure so that there’s no gap for the air to come through

Nice and clean, right in the city centre

Great stay!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Door didn’t close automatically like in other rooms in the Barclays suites! So we came back one evening and after the staff cleaned the room the door was left open. Wifi is Limited to 1Gb a day

Early checkin, nice staff, bed , bathroom everything great

Excellent!
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Extra bedding is not available. Removable air conditioner is noisy during sleep time.

Room is spacious with one bedroom and one living room. Harbor view is partial view as many high buildings infront. Front desk lady is nice and helpful. Full kitchen set is available just like home. Dish washer and laundry are good. Location is excellent! Walking distance to the sky tower and harbor. Very convenient.

A bit disappointing but located close to everything & friendly staff!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked, the windows were dirty and there were stains down the curtains. Unfortunately the room was so noisy! We were pre-warned that there would be roadworks happening and we did have ear plugs by the bed. What I wasn't expecting was how noisy the road works would be, even on a Saturday and Sunday morning! You could even hear the pedestrian signal ticking. The last thing is, beware of the washer/dryer! I followed the instructions precisely and my clothes were locked in the machine for over 24hrs, continually on spin. My favourite black jacket was ruined :(

The location was excellent, close to everything!

Great location in Central City
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Elevators were slow. Ubers and taxis had hard time finding our location so had to walk a few blocks to get picked up. I think it was the construction out front with all the streets closed. No street parking Washer not working but they washed my clothes for me in their laundry for free

Great location. Nice big rooms. Good bed. Nicely stocked. Spa very good and reasonable price w/ 20% off for suite guests. Good view of the city as we were on top floor. Good value for money

Below expectation and exhausted.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The portable air conditioner was SO noisy and had to be unplugged to sleep, extensive construction work outside was noisy and delayed taxis/uber, bed was uncomfortable.

The bed was beautiful and comfortable and after a long...
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The bed was beautiful and comfortable and after a long flight was greatly appreciated. Hotel staff were always available for assistance and very helpful... the roadworks outside was an issue when we were tired and trying to get there... but that wasn't the hotels fault it was an issue with the gps directions to get into Auckland bringing us in the wrong way. The map that the hotel sent us to assist the previous day was helpful though. Good location for getting food off Queen Street! Suited our needs perfect.

Great weeks stay good location.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

A lot of construction work in the area but didn’t really spoil the stay.

Apartment had everything required. Washing machine, dish washer, oven and everything needed if needed. Was comfortable and clean. In great location near the harbour with a good view.

Good location and comfortable room. Attention to a couple of minor areas could improve the stay.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The shower sealant needed replacing as was mouldy down one panel. The air conditioner was odd in that there was a hole cut in the window to feed the vent through. Because the weather was cold when I stayed, the hole in the glass made the room cold and also noisy as there was heavy duty road works going on right outside the hotel.

Comfortable apartment. Kitchen facilities were good with plenty of cutlery and crockery. Inclusion of a dishwasher and washing machine were a nice touch. Good location for wandering around the waterfront or catching a ferry and central for public transport. Front office staff were helpful.

Very close to SkyTower and CBD shops
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

There is a lot of construction in this area and the noise was extremely loud.

Nice rooms. Both rooms had their own shower and bathrooms. Also the rooms had their own balconies. Sky tv was available and free to the room.

The location is very good and the staff very nice and...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

It felt as though our room wasn't completely finished. One of the windows did not shut and the handles of the door were on backward. Not exactly what I would expect from Barclay suites.

The location is very good and the staff very nice and professinal.

It was comfortable and affordable for a family on a budget and the location was great!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Beds weren’t that comfortable and there was construction going on right outside of our window. This is not the hotels fault, I just wish our room may have been in another location. We did however have a small view of the water which was lovely. The staff was excellent, super friendly and courteous. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.

The location was great and the staff was super nice!

Not happy at all! Much better value elsewhere. Get better cleaners!
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The room was not entirely clean, their was dirty linen strewn all down the filthy corridor. The apartment was hot and did not have ducted air conditioning it had a cheap unit hanging out the window. The time of the clocks were wrong. This is not a 4 star hotel its 3! Not to mention the noisy construction across the road.

Terrible mouldy damp mess
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The room we were on was falling apart, literally. The windows frames were breaking, there was mould everywhere. They had installed a cat door in the glass door and had an awful big dehumidifier in the room that took to heaps of space and was loud. The carpet was coming apart and there are the nails sticking out!

Very relaxing!

It was all wondeful!

We were upgraded which was a great surprise and tge staff were very friendly in evening and morning. Room was very clean and tidy. Very quiet and extra comfy beds! Thanku!

VERY DISAPPOINTING! WE WILL NOT RETURN!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

- Bathroom was smelly and dank. Needs a good fan. - The staff at reception and housekeeping just do not listen and follow through. We requested 3 times on the same day for extra mattress padding as the beds were way too hard. But no action was taken and my partner slept both nights on the floor on sofa cushions. - To add to that, the spare sheets on the sofa bed that my partner would have used were soiled with blood! Housekeeping had neglected at these prior to our check in to replace them with clean sheets. - Room too hot with no air conditioning. OVERALL, a very disappointing stay for what we thought was a well rated place on Booking.com. The hotel and Booking.com should offer us a full refund!

Location was convenient