Reviews of Copthorne Hotel & Resort Lakefront Queenstown 4 stars

27 Frankton Road, 9300 Queenstown, New Zealand

#41 of 71 hotels in Queenstown

Great views and room!
    • Junior Suite with Lake View and Balcony

Overcharged parking fees and no apologies! I wanna check if paid online yet before providing card payment, but the staff was very impatient with no other guests waiting.

Great views and room!

Staff even cleaners ,porter, etc great building and view poor
    • Superior Twin Room

the view poor, very dated poor water pressure,was a rabbit warren to get around but thanks to the staff, poor value for money in a hotel chain of this size

The staff fantastic, cleanliness very good, bed very comfy

Queenstown was lovely - very expensive to eat out everyday - hence need to have some kitchen
    • Superior Twin Room

room rather warm - faced direct morning sun which was rather hot. Would like the option to have some kitchen facilities like Copthorn Lakeview

location great - and room and bathroom clean

The view from our room was amazing!
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The king bed was 2 singles pushed together which can be uncomfortable when you are staying somewhere nice with your partner.

The view from our room was amazing!!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Luxurious, relaxing & comfortable
    • Junior Suite with Lake View and Balcony

I came to Queenstown alone for my 21st birthday. I arrived too early to check in but Sam was lovely on arrival, took my bags and ensured they got to my room by the time I checked in. Was suprised with a bottle of wine on the table. The room was the most luxurious I have ever stayed in - amazing view, balcony, spa bath. Short walk to the town centre. Just awesome. Absolutely loved it and can't thankyou enough. I had a fabulous stay.

Amazing

Everything was great about this hotel. The rooms felt luxurious and clean. The beds were amazing such as the view. Great service, great breakfast and nice that you could access spa pools for free. Would definitely go back

We like the beds.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was so hot. No thermoregulator ot heatpump on the room. Only advice us to open the windows and turn on the electric fan which didnt help at all

We like the beds. Beds were comfortable and pillows were generous.

Really enjoyed our stay 😊
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

It was a bit of a rabbit warren to try and find our way to our room. Also bed was comfy but every time one of us moved we disrupted the other's sleep. We're probably just used to a firmer bed.

Lovely clean room with a wonderful view. Well located to central Queenstown. Helpful, friendly staff.

You asked
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Front of the hotel was woow rest of the place needs a tidy up and had on one sky sport Chanel’s in our room and a Chanel’s in the bar

Great friendly staff , very good selection of breakfast food and very comfortable beds

We will return time and time again
    • Junior Suite with Lake View and Balcony

A pool was the only thing we missed, oh and the bar was typically expensive and had a very poor selection.

A truly amazing room for the money. What a view!! We opted to pay a little more for the junior suite so we could put our son down and still have space to enjoy ourselves and boy oh boy was that ever the right decision... what a delightful room, with great facilities and very friendly staff.

Would stay here again
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

A bit old and tired. Heating system in room pretty ancient. Extra charge for csrparking.

Excellent location, nice views. Room was sizable and bed large.

Perfectly Situated
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The staff always seemed rather nervous but were polite and helpful. The buffet breakfast was sparse and not very enticing, but perhaps I am just spoilt.

Excellent location, great view, wonderful facilities.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Lovely stay, amazing views, extremely comfortable bed. Staff were very friendly and helpful
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Bathroom steamed up and condensated really badly. Became very wet and without adequate ventilation was wet for a long time. After two showers it was very bad.

The bed was super comfortable and staff extremely friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Beautiful views, walk to town in 5, clean
    • Superior Twin Room with Lake View

Over priced as is most of queenstown. Terrible tv fuzzy mixed up channels.. needs upgrade. Better room service: more menu options reduced alcohol price

Great location 5 mins walk to city centre. Clean rooms, 20 dollar all stay park underground parking

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Gorgeous, comfortable hotel and great value

It is uphill from Queenstown town centre but walk slowly and it’s not too bad.

Super comfy pillow-top mattresses, warm rooms, chance to reserve the 7-seater spa - perfect after a day exploring out in the cold! Staff was friendly and very helpful. I had room service a couple of times - it was fast and tasty. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great price for Great location!
    • Superior Twin Room

Unfortunately I didn’t get a good view of scenery from my room which I was so looking fwd to! Room was a little tiny too.

I like that it’s near city center and the lake. Easy to check in and check out.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The food at the restaurant wasn’t to my liking but I...
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The food at the restaurant wasn’t to my liking but I understand everyone has different food tastes. The room service menu was more tempting but didn’t realise I couldn’t get this at the restaurant until I was actually seated at my table. I should have checked

The location was right in the centre very easy to reach the...
    • Superior Twin Room

The interiors could get an up great like a renovation it looks a bit old . For example the sofas in the lounge were the bar is where really dirty and worn out. A swimming pool for families would be also an asset or a sauna. A part from that our stay was excellent

The location was right in the centre very easy to reach the main attractions in Queenstown. Staff was ver friendly. We also had an excellent room service as well as everything was nice and clean.

Winter 2018 5 days.
    • Junior Suite with Lake View and Balcony

Not much to complain about. In room breakfast options could have been better, particularly the cooked breakfast.

Good facilities, clean and well maintained. Excellent service from staff at hotel and restaurant. Food was great at the restaurant. Good location and views.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good accommodation and location, but $20.00 per day for parking is a bit over priced.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

I didn't read the information properly and were not aware that parking costed extra $20.00 per day. We ended up parking on the side street. Many other clients also parked on the street. Lucky it's not peak season.

The view outside our room was fantastic and the room is spacious. Very good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Stunning views, really comfortable bed and big room with...
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

There was a hot water issue at the hotel and the notice was issued at very short notice so we were unable to have a hot shower on the final night of our stay.

Stunning views, really comfortable bed and big room with high ceilings.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good location, clean, friendly staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

Wifi was really bad which was unfortunate as I had work to do though wasn’t able to because the wifi kept cutting in and out.

Good location, clean, friendly staff.

Was very spacious and view was wonderful easy location to walk from town
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Only found out on last day about the spa facility, was not aware if it was free or not, also did not know about it until reading the pamphlet provided in room,

Shower pressure was great

Love our stay at Copthorne Lakefront!!
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Little hard to find your way at first but once got my bearings all good.

Fantastic place to stay, the bed was amazing. Clean and private with exceptional views.

I’ll stay at the Copthorne again for sure!
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The booking .com price advertised had an extra $20 per day added on when it came time to pay my bill. Not clearly advertised on the page an this really annoyed me

The views were amazing and staff were helpful an pleasant to deal with

Nice hotel- would stay again
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

A charge to use the hotel car park (so we didn't use it). Parking is free in the streets around the hotel- which was fine.

The hotel was a short and pleasant walk to the city centre. Great views of the mountains and lake from our room. A very soft bed (some people may think it too soft) which I liked. Pleasant and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Locality.
    • Superior Twin Room

Can get lost very easily trying to locate your room - ie from car park or lobby - ie - correct floor and block. More signs would be helpful ( other guests were lost also )

Locality. Also our wall heater wasn’t working - we mentioned it to the staff as we left for town - returned to find a free standing heater on in our room - cosy - thankyou

Close to town main part of room was nice.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

There was no mini bar. Shower over bath was not great not a fan of shower curtains. There was any facilities like gym or bar that I knew of. The breakfast was very disappointing and not value for money $29 for what looked like a very simple home cooked breakfast. Probably won’t return.

Close to town main part of room was nice. Good view. Staff were friendly.

Queenstown is a spectacular location. The hotel would benefit from an update and refurbishment.
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel premises are tired and need refurbishment. Although the hotel is, arguably, walking distance from the lakefront, there is a steep hill that needs to be navigated on return.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Beautiful mountain views.

Location and facilities were great value.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Beds were too soft but housekeeping did place a board under our bed which helped.

Location and facilities were great value. We chose this place as there was to be inclement weather and we wanted space to do a few things if we couldn't walk around the village and bay. The price was very reasonable and we were very pleasantly surprised by the room service and restaurant meals! They were delicious!! 2 min walk to the gardens and 5 min walk to the shops. Terrific views from the complex and room.

Good and bad
    • Superior Twin Room with Lake View

We stayed two nights in this hotel. We specially request two separated beds. But when we arrived, it is a queen bed in the room. Then we boiled some water with the hot water kettle. When we poured the water from the kettle, some small piece in black came out with the water. We don’t know it is plastic or fiber or whatever. The drainage in the bathroom is almost blocked. We called reception three times to fix it. But it was still in the bad condition when we left.

About 10 mins walk to the town center.

Exactly what I hoped for and more
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Water pressure was rubbish. Obviously out of their control

Beds awesome as were the pillows. Amazing view, convenient location. Friendly accommodating staff

Wish we could have stayed longer!
    • Superior Twin Room

Would have liked a table in the private spa room to place items/clothing on. Also was expecting a bath/shower in room. Only had shower, but was absolutely fine.

Great friendly staff, extremely comfortable beds, and tasty affordable food selection!

Great location - short walk to centre of Queenstown.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Great location - short walk to centre of Queenstown. Great view from bedroom. We ate at restaurant once for dinner and we ordered shared mains platter - it was amazing, good value for money and there was lots of food (beef, lamb and chicken plus vegetables).

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Copthorne review
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Decor in room a little on the outdated side. Old panelheater for Heating.. No good if you have children. Bathroom quite outdated old bath and shower. This was a mix system between bath and shower for water. This didn't work very well. Complementary shower condiments in my opinion were of poor quality. Left hair very dry. With out air control in the room we found ourselves wiping the windows down to take a glimpse of the magnificent views.

The views were incredible. Staff were well appointed, lobby was clean and tidy. restaurant on level 6 was really nice. Big range of breakfast to choose from, Including a very cool pancake maker machine which the children loved!

Awesome views

Nothing everything was good

Great views across the lake and mountains from Lakeview room. I left something in the room when I left and the front desk called me to inform me and ask the best way to get it back to me - usually I have to chase hotels when I leave things so A+ for this service

Beds were very comfortable
    • Superior Twin Room

So so expensive. I know it’s Queenstown but still. We only stayed here because our friends from Aus has already booked. And to have to pay for parking on top of that? Not fair. Toilet was very low and shower too. My partner found showering very awkward and he is only 6ft

Beds were very comfortable

Walking distance to town, lovely lake view & very...
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

A bit of a maze to get to the room from reception & had to pay extra for parking

Walking distance to town, lovely lake view & very comfortable bed!!!

The staff were all outstanding!

Couldn’t fault a thing!

The staff were all outstanding! So helpful, friendly and attentive! The location was great too and this hotel had all the facilities of a 5 star hotel but with a smaller price tag! We loved it and we will definitely be back for our stay next winter!

Winter stay

Room smelt of cigarettes, and the bathroom was very average. Shower head was only as high as my chest!

Amazing location and parking provided. Easy check in and out. Bar on top has amazing views and a good happy hour.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Copthorne LAKEFRONT double room stay
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

There was a small bathroom space, it was sufficient for our needs but wouldn’t recommend for more than 2 people. The gym facility was in a seperate hotel.

Double room with great walk in shower, room was sufficiently equiped. Comfortable beds, great location, central to township, restaurants and bars. Two spa pool rooms available for booking. Staff were helpful.

The great views!
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

No drinking water in the room No plates or cutlery either A microwave oven in the room would have been very helpful Hot water kept running cold every time I had a shower

The great views! Comfy bed Location Clean & tidy Very friendly & helpful staff

Can’t wait to come back!
    • Superior Twin Room

This is the second time I have stayed and I will definitely be staying again. Staff are all so friendly and accommodating. Room was warm and clean and the bed was one of the best I’ve slept it! So comfy Felt very safe the whole stay

Our stay was good.
    • Superior Twin Room

Our stay was good. We got a free room upgrade, as the first room we had was not up to standard.. second room was much better and had a nice view. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

The wifi connection was decent however it’s complimentary...
    • Superior Twin Room with Lake View

The wifi connection was decent however it’s complimentary wifi and it took many process to log on/out. And it blocked me from connecting again on my last night even before I checked out (I was checking out at 10am of the 9th of August but already couldn’t connect to wifi from midnight)

Very friendly staff.

Having cap to internet.

Very friendly staff. Great water pressure, clean rooms, very quiet. Very large portions for room delivery. Free hugh speed internet.

we have a great view of remarkables and lake.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

disappointed to have extra large double bed which means 3 king singles?

we have a great view of remarkables and lake.. overall our stay was great and comfortable

Great location to central Queenstown town centre.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The bed was absolutely horrible - it was so soft we literally sank to the ground. They need to invest in new mattresses!

Great location to central Queenstown town centre. Staff were friendly and offered some great views of Queenstown

Queenstown is a great place to visit, and I would stay at the Copthorne again.
    • Superior Twin Room

The layout of the property is a bit confusing to find our hotel room at first, but then I was able to memorize the route. Still, it's a bit strange to have to take 2 elevators or stairs to get to my room from the lobby.

Great location just a short walk from downtown Queenstown. All the staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

The bedrooms were top class and the spa pool an a nice...
    • Superior Twin Room

The food wasn't quite what we thought it would in price and quantity.

The bedrooms were top class and the spa pool an a nice relaxed after a hard days adventure.

Not a happy place for me unfortunately
    • Superior Twin Room

While placing the booking it said they have free parking but after reaching the hotel we get told that it's $20 to park at the hotel.they have spa at hotel but you have to place booking for it Which is not convenient as u only get it for 45 minz.the room that we stayed at had no micro wave no cutlery no plates no toasters .life was a bit card when it came to meal times as we had to either eat cold food or go out to eat each time .not the best place that I have stayed at unfortunately :(

Close to the town and friendly staff.reasonably clean room too

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

resort hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

if no charge on parking fee will be better but 10 dollars is acceptable.

Good seaview spacious and comfortable room, walk a few minutes to town centre, friendly staff, good wifi.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The staff were friendly.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Strands of hair on bathroom wall. Cleanliness could have been better. Ordered my husband a birthday cake which did get delivered however without my personalized note request.

The staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The suite was nice and big.
    • Junior Suite with Lake View and Balcony

Some of the staff service was inconsistent. However most were lovely.

The suite was nice and big. The view was great. Location was close to everything but removed enough to be peaceful.

location was good, food lovely.
    • Superior Twin Room

I was woken about 11.30 pm by a family having a heated discussion a couple of doors down which lead to a sleepless night. Milk was frozen in fridge but was taken care of thank you

The buffet breakfast was great!

Decor could do with an update.. Didn’t like having to pay an extra $10 to use the off street customer carpark..

The buffet breakfast was great! Staff were lovely!

Disappointing value for money
    • Superior Twin Room

disappointed in the room. Toilet too close to the wall. Have to fill jug in the hand basin along with if you want a glass of water. Nowhere to wash a cup other than the hand basin. No tissues, housekeeping knocked on door at 9am to see if room available for clean. Double beds only in room. Disappointed with value for money.

Very happy with cleanliness of room.

Comfortable Hotel - a good walk from the Lakefront but overall good value.

We took two rooms and check was at 2 pm. We got there early and requested an early check in and were placed on a priority list? Being on this list allowed us to check in in one room at 2 pm and the other room at 3.15pm? The next day we were in and out but our room was not made up until after 3 pm? These were only small concerns and the cleaning staff may have had a hard day so overall our stay was comfortable and safe.

The Coprhorne was a good hotel. There was a charge for parking a vehicle which was a little unexpected. Because Parking in Queenstown is often at a premium, walking from your hotel to the Lakefront / City Centre is necessary. The Copthorne in reality is probably as far away as you would really want to be? It is a good walk and the walk up through the Gardens, though really nice, is very uphill. All the Hotels basically get dearer the closer you are to the City Centre / Lakefront - so the Copthorne was overall a good place to stay.

Great location by the lake and within walking distance of...
    • Superior Twin Room

Didn’t get to use the spa pools as we (didn’t realise) we had to book and they were booked out during our stay. Also would have liked some cable channels or TV on demand as there were only basic TV channels available. But these were very minor points and overall we really enjoyed our stay.

Great location by the lake and within walking distance of Queenstown. Beds were so comfy and there was a good selection of food for breakfast. Great value for money.

Average
    • Superior Twin Room

No parking. Food was average. The restaurant is hidden away. No temperature control in the rooms. Looking quite dated and expensive for what it is. Systems quite old.

The staff were friendly

Great beds so comfortable, excellent staff an amenities .
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was great but for a superior it was a bit basic, a couple of bowls or even a plate to put something on would be great.

Great beds so comfortable, excellent staff an amenities . lovely restaurant

Location and great value for money.
    • Junior Suite with Lake View and Balcony

Can’t think of any. All good.

Location and great value for money. We were in 1 bed suite which was spacious and lake views from balcony were amazing. Bed was very comfy.

Unfinished business
    • Superior Twin Room

Didn't like that we couldnt sleep well due to noisy neighbors. Ok, i get that (not foreseen) bt to find out that we for placed in a room with double instead of superking that i had prepaid for, disappointed and even more so with the showers drainage overflowing kinda disgusting showering as waters flooding to the level of the drain tray. At the end of it all, voiced my concerns to a staff member at check only to get an insincere apology. Thanks you but, no thank you for next time.

Beautiful hotel, amazing staff and clean rooms

Location of room to car parking, which isn’t a big deal.

Greeted by amazing staff and management, very helpful with my online booking. Super comfy beds, and really clean rooms.

Magical Winter Stay
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Television could do with updating as the channels were fuzzy and we could not manage to pick up the wifi.

Lovely room, very friendly and inviting staff! Was great to finally have a drama free stay in Queenstown with a hotel that provided what they advertised. The lake view from the level 3 windows was fabulous, waking up to the sun coming up from behind the hills and glass like lake was very pretty and relaxing.

Spa
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Tired rooms walk paper peeling off wall. I asked for clean cups or detergent to clean them and this seemed be to difficult to achieve hence I resorted to doing it myself without detergent.

Spa View from room was lovely Late check out

Walking distance to the city
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

When you arrive at a hotel and the reception staff are physically fighting with a guest you know you are in for bad stay. Overpriced, poorly designed shower runs water out of the bathroom onto the carpet is that when we entered our room, floor was wet and room stunk like damp and mould. Carpet was wet and cold very unpleasant to go to the bathroom. Room generally well worn lots of scrapes and damage very shabby. View was ok however includes the back of dilapidated buildings. It’s a hotel for Chinese bus tours there were about 5 bus loads when we arrived. Do yourself a favor for the same money or less stay in a boutique b&b slightly further away from the city centre you will have a better experience. Do not recommend.

Walking distance to the city

Short Family Vacay
    • Superior Twin Room

We couldn't get booked into the Spa on the evening we were there -because it was already fully booked. So that was bit disappointing and we had two sad children 😔 Not the hotel's fault though - busy times with ski season.

Comfortable room and every staff member we spoke to were amazing - fantastic room. Very clean and well appointed.

Pleasant comfortable stay with excellent facilities with a bonus of being a 10 minute walk to town.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The bathroom was a little cramped and there was no extractor fan in there so it got very steamy.

Our stay at the Copthorne Hotel was very pleasant. The bed was huge and very comfy. I enjoyed using the onsite spa pool.

Amazing view
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

I felt like our room was just put together last minute. There was random furniture in the room like tables and couches in places where they shouldn’t be. The room wasn’t welcoming at all. Little bit disappointed . Also the heater wasn’t doing much.

Amazing view

Property is in a great location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Property is in a great location. Welcoming attendants. Just a few comments after our 5 days stay at the hotel: 1) There was a delivery fee for ordering inhouse at the hotel restaurant- which was not at all a happy surprise. :( Others hotels we stayed in never really charged a delivery fee if we ordered from the hotel resto. 2) Cleaners only cleaned the beddings not the floors/carpets. Bathrooms did not have toothbrushes or toothpaste. 3) Not much food options. Would be good to have a mix of western and asian cuisines in the menu. 4) Music at the reception was too old school.

Affordability, views
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The cleaning service each day was sub standard, the beds weren’t made properly and we had accidentally spilt something on the bed and the didn’t change the sheets

Affordability, views

We enjoyed ourselves - many thanks
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Water pressure in the shower was very average - not a good shower. A toilet bruch in the room would be beneficial.

View was great - lake view booked. Room was very tidy, staff serviced room everyday and to good standard.Very close to central Queenstown - easy walk.

An enjoyable stay

Bathroom needed attention with rotting wood at bottom of walk in shower.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a great location close to town. Comfortable beds.

Nice pleasant stay.

The WiFi was bad. Firstly there is a restriction (the smaller motels/hotels do bother keeping a cap) and the signal strength was bad in my room.

Decent location, just a 8 minute walk to main shopping tourist areas. Rooms were comfortable.