Reviews of Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group 5 stars

83 Symonds Street, 1140 Auckland, New Zealand

#6 of 161 hotels in Auckland

The hotel was amazing. Super soft bed. Friendly and helpful service staff. Will come back again!!
    • Superior King Room

Did not find a fault with the exception of the television volume was a tad low for max volume.

The bed was super comfortable, the service staff was amazing and had a room available for us despite our early flight into Auckland. The decor was amazing and and ambience felt luxurious.

Loved my stay and would go back.
    • Superior Twin Room

The only disappointing thing was the price of items in the fridge $6.00 for a 99 cent kit kat is more than a bit excessive. Parking was super convenient but also super expensive at $45.00 per day.

Great location to City Hospital. Beautiful warm swimming pool that was lovely even in the middle of winter. Not far to anywhere in the CBD. Staff were always lovely, friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The room was great value for money.

A lovely, relaxing day and night away in comfortable surroundings.
    • Superior King Room

Lovely rooms with very comfortable beds. Bathrooms are clean and well stocked. Breakfast in the Lobby Lounge was great with excellent coffee and friendly staff. Much quieter than Eight.

They were very accomodating to my needs and when I asked for an upgrade they did this for me.
    • Superior Twin Room

There is sadly not much of a view except neighbouring buildings and office blocks. The valet parking is very steep and the parking nearby is expensive.

Excellent service and the facilities were amazing everything was covered in such wonderful detail.

Fabulous, very comfortable and well situated hotel with amazing staff in all areas.
    • Superior King Room

Lovely hotel with easy check in. Having someone offer to take our luggage to the room was great. So good to get room service at 10pm after a late flight which was delicious and great value for money. Excellent breakfast buffet with genuinely helpful and happy staff. Both Concierges with whom we had dealings were amazing and so knowledgeable. Great bus drivers on the bus shuttle too with plenty of local knowledge to share. Thank you for getting our first trip to NZ off to such a wonderful start.

The staff of this hotel certainly are the best asset of this hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

The "dream bed" is not for me..it's too soft, and the WIFI in the room is not very stable. But overall it's great

Friendly staff have made my stay. They did extra effort to find me a room with a working desk as I requested.

We had a wonderful night at the Cordis.
    • Superior King Room

We had a wonderful night at the Cordis. It was my birthday so we were given an upgrade and also complimentary birthday chocolates. Very friendly staff. Would definitely stay again.

Would stay again for sure!
    • Superior King Room

Nothing - everything was a 10/10 for us!

beautiful & CLEAN room, bed and breakfast at EIGHT was amazing. We met the security guard BEN thank you for your hospitality and as guests it was good to feel that extra safety! We loved it so much.

Mari, the room attendant did an outstanding job.
    • Superior King Room

The bed was too soft but the duty manager on Saturday did not offer me a firmer mattress cover. I had to pay an $400 (for 4 nights' stay) for possible damage. 3 days later, I am still waiting for the money to be credited into my bank account. The extra $400 dollars incurred additional visa charges and currency conversion fees for me..... and gives the hotel additional interest the longer they hold on to guests' money. Booking.com should look into such practices by hotels. Most hotels just take the credit card number but don't physically withdraw the money until they need to.

Mari, the room attendant did an outstanding job. Extras that were not expected: shuttle bus to downtown Auckland, Coffee machine in the room, daily newspaper delivered to the room, free online access to international newspapers.

Thoroughly enjoyable from the moment we arrived.
    • Superior Twin Room

The beds were super comfortable and the decor fresh and modern. The room had all the things that are usually missing like good lighting in the bathroom with a make up mirror and night lights at floor level if you have to get up during the night. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Love the Cordis hotel, my friends and I go there when we can...
    • Superior King Room

Love the Cordis hotel, my friends and I go there when we can to enjoy the beautiful atmosphere and environment, great rooms and especially the spa and pool facilities, very relaxing and special.

Expensive comfort

bathroom was small for a 5star hotel

Loved the bed, so comfy. The facilities were beautiful when you go to the pool. The hotel was decorated nicely. its like being in a ship but without all the moving water. Perfect temp and great selection of channels for the tv because of the sky. The amenities are the spa, the sauna, pool and heater pool. Also they have a semi mini dryer that you can use in the bathroom should you need to squeeze the water out of your swimsuit after swimming! The restaurants are all downstairs and they have a large selection of cuisines, the staff were very lovely! They offer after check out luggage hold, should you need as well.

Ok
    • Superior Twin Room

I could hear street noise late into the night I also was only stopping over in between flights, so didn’t get to try the restaurant which I really wanted to do.

Really soft, luxurious bed

We will definitely be back, I rate my stay at Cordis better than The Hilton, Sky City and others
    • Deluxe Room

I was very happy with the staff culture, character of the hotel, pool temperature and gym. One real standout feature was the breakfast, what a great variety, I have already been recommending Cordis. I have stayed in hotels all over the world typically around the $200 to $500 per night rate and have had all sorts of issues, very rarely have I had a perfect stay, but I actually did at Cordis, thanks guys, it was a shame to leave...

Fantastic staff, beautiful spa, comfortable room.
    • Superior King Room

Fantastic staff, beautiful spa, comfortable room. Wish we had used the pillow menu as ours were super thick pillows so we know for next time but otherwise ten out of ten

Loved the room.
    • Superior King Room

Location. Have to walk a bit if you want to go to other parts of town. View wasn’t the best

Loved the room. Very clean and quiet. Friendly staff was a bonus.

The best hotel we have ever stayed at - far exceeded expectaions

Nothing - loved it all.

We had the most fantastic time at the Cordis, I can speak highly enough about the hotel. The staff were outstanding (especially Stephanie) and the facilities exceptional.

Romantic getaway destination
    • Superior King Room

The beds and pillows are so comfortable, you never want to leave the room! The staff are lovely and always so attentive/accommodating. I love everything about staying here! The breakfast buffet is definitely a tick in my books as well.

Food good, staff friendly & helpful.
    • Superior King Room

Somewhat tired decor, bathroom needed refurbishing. Various items missed when room made up from one day to next. Very steep inclines around hotel area, difficult for getting around if you have even minor kind of mobility, although shuttle bus service excellent it wasn't clear upon booking that might be an issue.

Food good, staff friendly & helpful.

Outstanding stay/ Faultless!
    • Superior King Room

The staff to guest ratio and quality of service and friendliness of staff is better than I have experienced anywhere in NZ and also in the world for that matter. Consistency throughout every section of the hotel.

A lovely, luxurious place to stay!
    • Deluxe Room

Having separate male and female sauna and steam room is a pity if you're hoping to go with your friend or partner of another gender.

We had a wonderful stay, the staff made a lot of effort to make it really special and to make us feel very welcome. The bedroom was wonderful and comfy, the outdoor hot tub was lovely to chill in and the breakfast was incredible!

The very friendly staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

Not much that I didn't like. It needed a comfortable lounge area where you could sit and enjoy a quiet few moments and a drink.Th

The very friendly staff.

We like everything about the Cordis.

We liked everything.😊

We like everything about the Cordis. The ambience and the sense of luxury, we relax when we stay end enjoying using all the facilities. We love the restaurant and the club lounge. The comfortable bed. The pool, the spa and the steam room. We like the hotels location. We will be back.

A classic hotel with a touch of class.
    • Superior King Room

The lights in the room were complicated to use and a tad annoying.

A classic hotel with a touch of class. Everything I needed was in my room including a pillow menu. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Luxury staycation !
    • Superior King Room

The room was excellent -we were upgraded to a King deluxe room. Great value for money - 5 star Hotel with awesome mid year winter specials. Great place to relax with your partner... Spa and pool world class.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff who were truly...
    • Superior King Room

Extremely friendly and helpful staff who were truly wonderful and provided exemplary service. The spa and health club facilities were fantastic also.

Ok but the toilet needs to be more tidy.
    • Superior Twin Room

1) We order the room service for 2 times - steak is quite hard, not good. 2) Jacuzi is broken. 3) The toilet in my room is dirty. My daughter does not like using it.

The staff are nice in coffee shop during breakfast.

Great stay, l found the staff very friendly and helpful. Nice room, comfortable bed.
    • Superior King Room

I found the air conditioner abit noisy and found the temperature too warm for sleeping.

The room, spacious and modern. Love the outdoor pool and spa pool. Enjoyed the sauna and lovely clean changing room facilities. Friendly and helpful staff in bar and dining area.

Clean.
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast buffet wasn't as good as last year. The soundproofing was also a little lacking.

Clean. Good use of space. Sauna was great. Bed comfortable. Staff lovely.

I would certainly consider staying at this hotel in the future.
    • Superior King Room

The entire staff were outstanding, nothing was a problem and they gave their time and consideration to any request. The breakfast staff were the best.

Love staying here, very classy update and so many personal...
    • Superior King Room

My husband thought the pillows were a bit high for sleeping on and we found it can bit a little noisy with the CBD traffic.

Love staying here, very classy update and so many personal touches!

Little luxury city escape
    • Deluxe Room

long wait to retrieve car from valet parking and no offer to help with bags

Luxurious and beautiful rooms. Bed was extremely comfortable and huge. Pod coffee machine.

Great service Great Stay
    • Superior King Room

The bed is too soft for our liking. Otherwise there is nothing we didn't like.

The staff are extra nice and very helpful, we received an A+ service, which exceeded our expectation. The hotel itself is very new and stylish. The room is spacious and spotless clean. Despite we are not fan of soft bed, which is the only shortfall for us, otherwise we would happily give Cordis a score 10!

Fantastic this time
    • Superior King Room

The first day on Thursday evening i went to lobby restaurant to eat dim sum, but the waitress is not positive and didn’t ask us any order that we had waited from 9:03pm to 9:28pm. She still talking with other customers. Eventually, the bar waiter came to order for us. She probably busy that only serve by herself, but we hoped some one could tell us some service delay. But food is fabulous. The first day when we asked male slippers, the serve staff just gave us two females’. We asked reception again and we went to restaurant for dinner, reception said they would serve to our room. But nothing serve, we had to call again and serve two females again. The service staff said they only have small or big size slippers. They couldn’t understand what is male slippers. However, we live here long time, every time we need to ask two males’ except the twins room. This is the first time they don’t know. Hope next time they will do better.

Almost all good this time. I got soap holder that I really really like. This time the pillow are cosy soft and we chose a lower one for sleeping. Thanks for the manager reply on every my review. I’m really love the hotel. Before i leave, I tasted the fish chips and oysters. Fish chips is really beautiful that is a surprise to me. Really good size of portion and nice flavour.

Restaurant/bar is expensive, bed was extremely...
    • Superior King Room

Cheaper breakfast option -x2 toast without spreads, a banana and a coffee was $20

Restaurant/bar is expensive, bed was extremely comfortable & all very clean.

Location average, room comfortable
    • Superior King Room

Parking cost of $45 ridiculous as it’s not right in the city and parking area not that secure there is a parking building close by maybe that is less cost and just as good

Buffet dinner very good

Excellent.
    • Deluxe Room

Cordis pack for kids - slippers appear to be one size & far too small for my 10 yr old.

Comfy beds, very friendly staff, clean rooms & overall good service. Good location.

Whole experience was fantastic and extremely family friendly...
    • Superior King Room

Valet parking prices are way too high for a one night stay

Whole experience was fantastic and extremely family friendly - we will definitely be back to stay - well done Cordis - it is doing the simple things right that makes all the difference.

The staff were very nice but the restaurant meal was uneatable . Sorry but we didnt enjoy our stay.
    • Superior King Room

Dinner at the restaurant was extremely disappointing. The people in the room were very noisy . Partied until 1am every night.

Didn't know anything about breakfast. Had dinner but was the worst meal Ive ever had in my life.

not really comfortable this time
    • Superior King Room

Not cosy this time because the pillows of the room is not comfortable for us. For my partner, he said the pillow is too high. He can’t fall asleep nicely. For me it is too hard so that i got nightmares all night and neck pain. I think this is not complaint because we didn’t ask to change although the pillow got wrong. For the clean i give low mark because some towels got little bit dirty that part of yellow and pink. But still can be used. We didn’t ask to change as well. Just these problems are not suitable happened in 5 star hotel.

Good kindly staff always. Good food serve into room. Really nice oysters. I always live here and I want join in club. I’ll live here again.

Room was nice and bed was comfy.
    • Superior King Room

Could hear everybody walk past the doorway, and also the shower in my room reminded me of what I'd see in a disabled shower. The water also fluctuated between hot and cold during my showers. However these are only minor inconveniences.

Room was nice and bed was comfy. Room service came in with complimentary chocolates, and they even provided me with a power extension lead and multiplug. So overall, very good customer service!

Very good hotel
    • Superior King Room

For a high class restaurant we thought the selection of Gluten Free options were limited.

We had a lovely room and enjoyed the lobby. Great hotel to stay at

Alright I guess
    • Superior Twin Room

I liked that the general manager (he's japanese I think) was helpful. He brought my luggages up by himself, even though that's not his job. It was a lovely gesture. My bags were left undelivered for a few hours, which made me annoyed, after returning from dinner. If it was not for the general manager assisting, I would not have been happy at all.

We Love The Cordis

We hate to leave !

Our stay was over & above excellent. The staff are amazing, the facilities outstanding & the food is first class. Congratulations on the new decor, the rooms are beautiful.

Other than a muck up with payment at reception it was Awesome!!
    • Superior Twin Room

The reception staff muddled the payment of the booking, the booking clearly stated that we payed when we booked out! My friend and I were to share the cost. The staff told us that it had already been charged to my credit card so it had already been paid before we got there which was incorrect. They then took another $100 from my account in case we used the mini bar etc this was not explained at the time. The parking was then deducted from that amount and the rest reimbursed. We left thinking all was well, to get a phone call down the road to say we hadn't paid and they didn't have a credit card to charge to meant we had to travel all the way back to sort it out!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH for such a hotel as this!

Rooms were lovely, clean, warm, food was good, parking by staff was good, lovely atmosphere.

Amazing stay. Beautiful decor and so fresh and inviting. The spa and pool area was perfect.
    • Superior King Room

The lighting switches made it difficult to use. Didn't use the coffee machine as there were no instructions. The slippers were quite small. But only small things the hotel was amazing and the staff were so friendly.

The bed and pillows were amazing the bathroom was nice with the added extras. Decor was nice and relaxing.

In hurry to get to airport and although told that luggage...
    • Superior King Room

In hurry to get to airport and although told that luggage would be picked up in 10 minutes it was over half an hour which, in peak hour nearly made us late for plane. If I were told it would be that long I would have got the bags down myself.

We enjoyed our stay and would've gone back if it was located a bit closer to the waterfront & shops.
    • Superior Twin Room

We chose the hotel for its beautiful spa and hot pool but the spa broke down on Friday evening so we ended up only using it once which was very disappointing. We couldn't walk to the Waterfront and back as it was too far. The valet parking was also expensive.

The room was beautiful and clean, quiet and the staff amazing.

Staff were friendly and fast.
    • Deluxe Room

Loved the spa facilities however we were looking forward to having a jacuzzi when we checked in with our child and was not told it was out of order. We were quite disappointed but went back to room for a bath instead.

Staff were friendly and fast. Hotel was gorgeous and our room was lovely. We had a great stay.

Great central location and quiet too - must have good double...
    • Deluxe Room

Spa wasn't working the night we stayed. Also shower is designed for those under 6 foot - I'm 6'3" and couldn't stand under it

Great central location and quiet too - must have good double glazing

Very clean.
    • Deluxe Room

The bed was way too soft - my back was killing me for a week afterwards... I was also disappointed that no one handed in my phone charger (which I foolishly left behind).

Very clean. The spa was a dream and the room service excellent

They really make you feel at home, Customer service at its finest.
    • Deluxe Room

One thing is maybe to have a pool inside? that way if the weather is not ideal people can still enjoy that side of the business. Not that i didn't like it thats just an idea.

Over all everything was amazing, from the wait staff to check, The cleaners to the ushers. What an amazing experience. Customer service at its finest.

Fabulous place! Would highly recommend.
    • Superior Twin Room

Wonderful place to stay! As soon as you arrive you are made to feel like royalty by the lovely man who greets you to organise your car valet. Everything was perfect, staff, room, food - I cannot fault this place and would love to stay again soon.

Excellent stay.
    • Executive Room with Club Lounge Access

Had a great time in the club lounge for pre dinner drinks and canapés. Staff even surprised me with a gift for my birthday which was a really nice touch.

Excellent stay, great staff
    • Superior King Room

We where on holidays and it was 8 o'clock in the morning and there was workmen drilling in the room nearby.

Excellent customer service, all staff very helpful. A nice surprise was the availability of an eye phone to make calls at no charge even when outside the hotel.

Perfect, Comfy, Exciting, Just Amazing!
    • Superior King Room

I think the only thing I didn't like, was the coffee in the morning breakfast. had no flavour and for a mocha that's abit bad....

The bed was HUGE! for both me and my partner. Everyone worries about the mini bar prices but honestly, real good for a comfy night inside!

Always a treat. Execptionally comfy beds, nice hot tub to soak in.
    • Superior King Room

The service in the lobby bar, I asked for a bar snack menu as we were seated It arrive on my second request, The bar service was very slow, the service staff were cleaning glasses and clearing table aas I tried to catch their eye. Ultimately I took our empty glasses to the bar to request our second drink

The easy checkin and early bag drop. The helpful conceirge with valet parking and assistanc ewith baggage

I felt pampered and relaxed.
    • Superior Twin Room

A guest had her toddler in the Spa pool with no swimmers on. That wasn't the concern more hygiene issues for those in the pool.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel but the food we had was beautiful. It was my birthday and I loved the complimentary chocolates. The staff were lovely and helpful.

Exceptional service although it was a little far from the...
    • Superior Twin Room

Exceptional service although it was a little far from the main town to walk and travel by foot to Skycity convention centre but nothing a short über drive couldn't fix T

Swimming pool was nice and warm, sauna spa etc was on.
    • Superior King Room

Blue lights in room - why have blackout curtains of you install guide lights that will give you light wash. Not enough dry places to put your towel around the pool. Sun loungers should be wiped down if it is not raining so that thou can sit on them.

Swimming pool was nice and warm, sauna spa etc was on. Liked the decor, looked nice and fresh.

Amazing hotel but very dissapointing restaurant.
    • Superior King Room

Ate at the restaurant both nights and both were disappointing meals. Room service was slow and they got the order wrong. Dining in the restaurant was underwhelming. Minimal choice of options, poor service and on a whole didn't match the high standards of the rest of the hotel

Really nice bed, comfortable room, lovely pool and spa...
    • Superior King Room

The showers could be improved, and annoying that you have to pay $19 to watch a movie on top of what is already an expensive stay.

Really nice bed, comfortable room, lovely pool and spa facilities also

All in all a lovely relaxing stay and most certainly will be back again
    • Superior Twin Room

I found the pillows to soft for me, but were fine for my son. The pricing of the food a bit high for what you get ($45 for a breakfast buffet) fine if you are a big eater, but I'm not so if they had a half price one would have been great.

I found the bed was comfortable, easy tv control, and bathroom lovely and clean, coming back from an event and having room clean and tidy was wonderful, easy parking so I didn't have that trouble of finding parking.

Would definitely stay here again
    • Superior Twin Room

Air con a bit noisy...we were also in a room overlooking ballroom roof so was a bit noisy one night with thump thump of music but nothing major...would of only bothered you if you were light sleeper.

Service and decor were the stars. Breakfasts in restaurant were very very good.

Fabulous holiday and great service... The Manager and a staff member named Dhiraj were great
    • Executive Room with Club Lounge Access

dinner at Eight not that great... but again it is not part of my stay.

The staff were excellent - two people in Particular exceeded my expectations. Dheeraj and Deepshikha who is the Manager.

I do not think we will return. This hotel much better as The Langham.
    • Superior King Room

The reception staff lost our luggage. It took two hours for our bag to make it from reception to our room. We called three times to ask where it was. When it finally arrived we were asked how long we had been waiting - almost 2 hours. They man said he would talk to his manager to see what they could do for us. We never heard from anyone. We then went to the lobby lounge for fries and a drink. The fries turned up cold, which they replaced, but we still had to pay. They did take off $45 from our bill at check-out for Valet Parking, but only because we mentioned all of the issues.

The bed and bedding are super luxurious and comfortable.

A relaxing stay.
    • Superior King Room

Plates from room service left out in the halls for hours on end. Shower temp hard to control. Spa was fully booked.

Staff were v friendly, food was great, bed was comfortable

Very good

Nil

The hotel was very nice. We did pay $237 for the night which we thought very expensive, maybe more expensive because we booked thru booking nadot.com? $45 For parking the car. We were there for a very special occasion so it was a one off for us. Friends thought it was excessive charge for car parking.

second time stay here.
    • Superior Twin Room

didn't give us new midsize towel although we don’t need. No two males sleeper again. No cocacola in fridge. We have to order from reception. Hope next time improve.

second time stay here. everything ok. I’ll stay here again.

an excellent stay
    • Superior Twin Room

parking, option of pool floats for kids while at the pool, kids meals options

Excellent staff,very welcoming and friendly; very clean facilities and room service great, they guys at the front parking very helpful, and takes stress from you before you enter hotel, great stay

The pool, spa, steam area is lovely.
    • Superior King Room

I hate leaving this hotel. I need to live here!

The pool, spa, steam area is lovely. The hotel has had a facelift and the furnishings are gorgeous, the bed is a cloud and it is very clean.

Incredible hotel, beautifully clean and welcoming.
    • Superior King Room

Quite far from any supermarket just a couple of convenience stores.

The comfiest bed on the planet!! Amazing facilities-spa, jacuzzi, heated rooftop pool. Super clean.

Special!
    • Superior King Room

pillows Had a stale sweaty smell to them

With a little one age 6 there was so much attention and special treatment for the young man. Friendly staff, polite and respectful. Great swimming facilities.

Stunning
    • Superior Twin Room

The property was stunning and exceeded our expectations. Ideally situated from downtown Auckland and within walking distance to most things. The staff were attentive and most helpful.

Good high end choice
    • Deluxe Room

Location is about 20mins walk from centre of Auckland -- but hotel does run shuttle bus. The 8 Choices restaurant is confusing as for some inexplicable reason hotel doesn't publish the prices clearly.

A high end hotel in Auckland that delivers. Great room friendly staff and good choice of dinning options if required. Breakfast is spectacular in its choice - fruit dipped in a chocolate fountain might suit some.