Reviews of Eden Park Bed And Breakfast Inn 4.5 stars

9.7

9.8

Warm and Welcoming Oasis in Pleasant Suburb of Auckland
    • Green Room

A beautifully restored villa with elegant furnishings and charming hosts who hit just the right note in making their guests feel comfortable and at home. Immaculately kept rooms and a delicious breakfast all add to the equation that makes this accommodation special. Dog lovers be prepared to fall for the charms of Mr Darcy, the super-friendly and very well-behaved resident pet dog.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Wonderful, friendly hosts and gorgeous home.
    • The Cream Room

Wonderful, friendly hosts and gorgeous home. Bed was incredibly comfortable, and every need was taken care off from hot drinks to snacks. Would certainly recommend. Thanks Marlene and Anthony!!

Perfection
    • Green Room

Absolutely everything was perfect, from the warm welcome by the owners, to the magnificent room, to the breakfast spread that would put a 6 star hotel to shame. We loved our stay.

A relaxing visit and we would happily return to stay again.
    • The Cream Room

The Eden Park Bed and Breakfast Inn is immaculate and very comfortable. A lot of care and attention has gone into making sure the everything you need is available.

A great stay in a lovely place.

I liked everything.

This is a really excellent B&B. Every detail was superb, including the very comfortable bed, the cozy lounge with fireplace, and the delicious breakfast. The owners are lovely people and gave great advice about nearby restaurants and transport options. The location in a quiet residential neighborhood is great, with train and bus stops nearby. It was also easy to get to driving in from the Southern Motorway.

A home away from home
    • The Yellow Room

Eden Park B&B is run by a warm and friendly couple. One can see that they have been doing this for years as it is run smoothly. And this without letting attention for details slip. Superb breakfast table!

If I could rate (over) 10 I would.

Absolutely nothing.

This B&B far outweighed other accommodation. The attention paid to every detail from the room, to the ‘high-tea style’ breakfast is of such high quality. Each individual room is decorated and furnished beautifully with sumptuous, soft linen and high standard toiletries. Cake, biscuits or chocolates to nibble with your coffee or tea makes a comfortable stay while travelling. The caring hosts are welcoming and helpful to every guest. I would definitely recommend this B&B if you like high standard accommodation.

Wonderful place to stay.
    • The Yellow Room

Had trouble with the internet connection a couple of times.

Extremely comfortable rooms, relaxing areas to sit both inside the house and outside. The hosts were great and the breakfasts amazing!

Most impressed with this stay and would not hesitate to recommend it.
    • Green Room

The shower had a "two taps" mixer in keeping with the colonial style, this was a little tricky to set the temperature when you are used to a thermostat mixer but this is a trivial issue.

We felt very welcome and comfortable throughout our stay. The room was great and the breakfast was extraordinary. We enjoyed the use of a very stylish and comfortable lounge room with a fire on a gloomy Auckland day.

I have to say the bed was really comfortable I fall asleep...
    • Green Room

I have to say the bed was really comfortable I fall asleep just when my head touch the pillow. The hostess was nice and the house was lovely the only problem is I don’t have enough time to enjoy because of my early flight.

First, the owner cancelled my original booking and when I...
    • The Yellow Room

First, the owner cancelled my original booking and when I complained, she made an excuse and said she is restoring my reservation. When I finally got there after 12 hours of travel, she gave me a different room other than what I had reserved. When I was checking out, I don’t think she realized I was in the common area and when she saw that my room was empty, without checking where I was, she made a comment: “He left? Did he leave the key? But he has to pay.” It may have been an off-the-cuff remark but the least she could have done was check if I was within hearing distance before she made her premature conclusion that I wS gonna run off without paying. Maybe because I was Asian? I don’t know.

In a word Fantastic!
    • The Yellow Room

Everything! Especially the beautifully laid out breakfast table with amazing choices from continental to cooked along with croissants, Easter buns, little tartlets, cheeses etc. We could not fault anything would definitely recommend.

Luxurious accommodation with a great welcome - don’t hesitate to book it.
    • The Cream Room

Can’t fault it - it was far and away the best B&B we’ve ever stayed in!

It was like being welcomed into someone’s home. The building and decor, inside and out, was immaculate and the breakfasts are exceptional. Perfect location for Eden Park stadium as well as for transport into the city centre.

Beautiful residence, luxurious residence with a stunning breakfast spread.

The property was incredible. It is definitely a must stay. The breakfast spread that was put together by the hosts is incredible. A very luxurious place to stay. The hosts were fantastic.

Very nice, when in Auckland would always come back to this place.
    • The Yellow Room

City down town is no walking distance but very good and quickly reachable via train.

Marlene and Tony have created a wonderful place which feels very homly. Decorated with so much attention to detail and the breakfast was brillant. Very nicly set up, hot and cold componant, savory and sweet. Everything you need is there with amazing service.

Beautiful house and very helpful owner.
    • Blue Room

Overpriced: on day one there was no choice of a cooked breakfast, just a warm breakfast quiche. On day two there was no bacon, and a choice of scrambled eggs or poached eggs. Although nice, at these prices a choice should be available. No air conditioning. Woken at midnight by the vibration and working of the washing machine in the basement under our room.

Beautiful house and nicely decorated. Very nice, helpful owner.

A great place to stay in Auckland.
    • Blue Room

The breakfasts were terrific, the room was a bit small but very nicely appointed and the hosts were very helpful. The location is very convenient to bus service to downtown and the airport. All in all a very good place to stay in Auckland.

Fabulous rooms and breakfast .
    • Blue Room

Wonderful warm and friendly hosts who have an amazing home. They even allowed us to park our friends car at the accomadation as we were all going to the cricket . Top marks !

Better than excellent.

We loved everything.

Wonderful welcome, home made cake, large verandah and lounge to use, amazing breakfast, beautiful bedroom and little details beyond expectation. Thank you Marlene for a superb few days.

The best place we've stayed
    • The Cream Room

Of all the places we stayed on our honeymoon, this was by far the best. Marlene and Tony are so lovely and Mr. Darcy (the dog) makes it feel like home! There were so many beautiful touches - bowls of fudge, fresh cake, tea and coffee, muesli bars, natural toiletries and 'extras' (cotton buds, makeup wipes etc), not to mention the stunning decor and incredible bathroom. The absolute best thing, however, is the breakfast - 5 star hotel breakfasts didn't even come close. Best breakfast I've ever had!!

Fantastic place to start any holiday in the Auckland area.
    • Blue Room

Very friendly owners who were particularly helpful with suggestions about what to see. Rooms had everything we needed and good showers after a hot day out in the humid weather. Sleep comfort was excellent and the breakfasts stupendous. Easy to pack the pounds on as it was lovely food.

We will recommend this wonderful B&B Eden Park to all our friends! No place can be better!!!!
    • Green Room

NOTHING! Everything was fine!

What a wonderful place! We choose the BEST B&B in Auckland. A perfect breakfast, preparing fresh food and the table is decorated ... more than beautifull! A beautiful patio, where you can take a rest! Also wonderful bath facilities! You won't miss anything! Eden Park is in a historicle comfortable aerea and very close to the city and Mt. Eden! We are happy to stay in March 5 days again in this romantical house! Your German guests Silvia and Adel

I loved the house and the garden.
    • Green Room

I loved the house and the garden. Stylish cozy atmosphere, VERY comfortable bed, delicious breakfast, hospitable hosts and absolutely adorable Mr. Darcy. The Inn itself is a place of interest.

Home from home comfortable B&B with the best breakfast!

Leaving!

The owners were very welcoming and we felt very much at home. Marlene cooked us up an extremely tasty breakfast and Tony gave us tips for travelling around New Zealand. An ideal quiet location situated between the airport and the centre of Auckland, gave us chance to have a good nights sleep after a long flight from the UK. Would highly recommend this B&B.

A really lovely house with great bedrooms.

Nothing is wrong with the property. 45 min walk to the city center

A really lovely house with great bedrooms.very well decorated. The breakfast is top notch.

Exquisite B&B in Auckland!
    • The Cream Room

Can't think of anything bad.

Best breakfast of our trip. Exquisitely decorated (appropriate to the era of the house). Very clean. Spacious bathroom. Nice common room. Hostess helped us to plan our free time and transportation.

Great overnight accommodation for staff providing a wonderful breakfast to get their day started.
    • Green Room

It was the perfect location for our staff. Provided wonderfully comfortable accommodation, a great breakfast catering to our GF staff member. Will definitely book again.

I felt at home and it was wonderful.
    • Green Room

There was nothing I didn't like.

The breakfast was great and the bed was comfortable. The manager and staff were excellent. I loved the heated tiles in the bathroom. I appreciated getting my breakfast early because I needed an early start and that the night before they ordered an early taxi for me. I don't know if the booking was made direct or through an agency as my manager did the bookings.

A Home Away From Home
    • The Cream Room

I loved the warm and open hospitality of Marlene and Tony McAnulty and the beautiful tastefully-decorated serene space they have created for guests. It's full of special touches both decor and also comfort wise, from the sleeping essential oil smell pot on the bedside table to the bowl of sweets in the room, from soft towels, clean sheets and natural bath wash, body creams to the welcoming home cooked breakfast each morning. It's all carefully crafted for guests to know a home away from home. This is my place to stay whenever I'm in Auckland.

Great Location and super comfortable room - highly recommended!
    • The Cream Room

The house and rooms are beautiful! I didn't get to enjoy their breakfast as I left very early each day to drive to different areas in NZ, but I have no doubt they do a good job. Great location and the little tea and cookie station is a nice treat!

Luxurious, cosy, welcoming, and very fit for purpose, great value for money

NOTHING !

Authentic retro style with attention to every small detail, very cosy, luxurious, clean, ticks all the boxes, will definitely be back whenever I am back to Auckland, location is great, owners are fantastic people, and the facilities are lovely. Wifi is free and - surprisingly - very fast ! This is my favourite venue for so much time and I have stayed at heaps of venues.

Best B&B ever!

Not a single deficiency.

Consistent world traveler for 57 years. Very best B&B I've ever encountered in any country! Everything perfect. Don't miss it!

Perfection - As near as you can get.
    • The Yellow Room

Friendliness, common ground - Rugby , Darcy the dog. Attention to detail in bedrooms, home cooking even though it was only breakfast. Concern when I needed help in getting to Eden Park RFC

More relaxing and easier than big city hotel
    • The Yellow Room

Convenient, parking and best breakfast included. Lovely people - both hosts and other guests. Excellent bed linen, beds and bathroom provisions. Oh, and complimentary homemade cake/biscuits available at all times to go with tea and coffee.

A pleasant, welcoming place in Auckland
    • Green Room

Not easy to reach the city center, although there are lots of facilities around.

The owners were excellent guests, very kind and attentive. There are at a few minutes walk lots of restaurants and shops, so the location is good despite not being at the city center.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

A home away from home
    • Blue Room

Thank you, Marlene, Anthony, Darcy and all the staff for a most enjoyable stay. Your advice and positive attitude were much appreciated. The location of Eden Park B&B is wonderfully close to the city centre and Auckland Airport. A beautiful setting of Bellwood Road is matched by the lovely and homely interior of the B&B. All the amenities worked wonderfully and I couldn't have been more comfortable.

A truly wonderful stay
    • Blue Room

The only thing we didn't like was having to move on with our travels!

Marlene and Tony do everything to make their guests feel welcome and as comfortable as possible in their beautiful home.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

We were treated like family.
    • Green Room

The tub used for those staying in the green room is very difficult to get in and out of.

The breakfasts were unbelievable. They provided assistance for an illness. They could not have been nicer or friendlier,

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Everythong was fabulous - interior of whole property, room,...
    • The Cream Room

Everything was perfect - I really recommend that place.

Everythong was fabulous - interior of whole property, room, breakfast and the owner. Excellent!!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Eden Park was an Excellent Choice
    • The Cream Room

Four of us stayed at Eden Park before boarding our cruise ship, and it was such a good choice. The B&B is very comfortable and has such pretty decor. But the beds were the best and we slept like babies. The next morning the delightful breakfast was a real treat and was a great way to start a long day.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Brilliant start to our New Zealand holiday
    • The Cream Room

A couple of minor things were the slightly blocked basin and the towels (very new) that didn't dry very well

Anthony and Marlene and their assistants were lovely. The breakfasts were exceptional. The Christmas decorations added to the ambience and the welcome-as did Mr Darcy the dog.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Very, VERY nice.
    • Green Room

Lovely room. So cosy and comfortable. Would be great for a weekend getaway. What great value for money. Breakfast, well, what can I say? It will go above and beyond your expectations. Never done a 10/10 until now. This place deserves it.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Very nice, highly recommend
    • Blue Room

Great communication by the operator. They contacted us shortly after our arrival in NZ and made arrangements for our later than intended arrival at their establishment. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Warm welcome, would loved to stay longer
    • The Cream Room

Everything, from the directions for my late arrival to breakfast with lively conversation, humor, excellent dining/transportation advice, and even a sweet four legged send off was absolutely fantastic. I stayed here my first night in the country and it was exactly what I needed to get adjusted to time and culture differences. I highly recommend this stay.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Luxury Bed and Breakfast when visiting Auckland
    • Blue Room

The warm welcome to a beautiful home . The breakfast table was perfectly laid out and the food was delicious . We were given such helpful advice for our sightseeing in Auckland. It is well placed for both bus and train into downtown Auckland .

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Lovely hosts, fantastic plentiful breakfast with a himemade...
    • The Cream Room

Lovely hosts, fantastic plentiful breakfast with a himemade cereal which is to die for. A charming wooden house in a beautiful residential neighborhood that is very well connected to the airport and the city center. Comfortable mattresses! It was perfect for the first two nights upon arrival from Europe.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

garden of eden, beautiful.
    • The Yellow Room

I noticed my window in my ensuite in the room could not be closed with the latch due to window frame swollen and unable to close securely, so felt this needed to be fixed to ensure absolute safety and peace of mind.

Loved everything. Made to feel comfortable, lovely room, clean, and classy. Felt like a nice break away in a private tranquil setting. Breakfast was just amazing. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Awesome setting.

Lovely house in a great location
    • The Yellow Room

Small niggle: I love poached eggs but there was no choice in how the breakfast eggs were prepared, scrambled only. Like I said, it is only a small niggle.

The bedroom was large well equipped. The guest lounge room was gorgeous (open fire, comfy couches, and very homely). The ensuite bathroom was very modern and had everything we required.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very homely and awesome service, breakfast was amazing!
    • Green Room

Very homely and awesome service, breakfast was amazing!!

First class
    • Green Room

Owners only to pleased to help a newcomer to the area,nothing was to much trouble

This is my go-to B&B when I visit Auckland. Consistently great service and facilities.
    • The Cream Room

Really great accommodation with super friendly hosts. Excellent breakfast is a bonus.

Owners, food, & location

I liked everything

Owners, food, & location

Delicious breakfast and very kind hosts!
    • Green Room

Delicious breakfast and very kind hosts!

Everything you need in a B&B
    • The Cream Room

Friendly and welcoming, beautiful room, scrumptiously clean, cosy with a magnificent breakfast.

Eden Park is a prime example of why we love staying at B&B’s

We felt comfortable at Eden Park B&B

It's a beautiful house with very comfy bed, clean...
    • The Cream Room

It's a beautiful house with very comfy bed, clean bathroom and delicious breakfast!

• Green Room

The owner was a great host and the property is amazing.

Just so comfortable and friendly.

Breakfasts werevstunning. L

Just so comfortable and friendly. Great location for the cricket!

Excellent value and perfect for travelling through from North to South.

No dislikes.

Room was fantastic. Breakfast was home cooked and complete.

helpful and friendly
    • Green Room

their restaurant recommendation was a let-down

helpful and friendly

The reviews sold me on this BnB, facilities, host, and breakfast,were exceptional . Top Qaulity
    • Green Room

Nothing was not to like , everything was awesome

Everything was great !

Wonderful stay.
    • Green Room

Wonderful stay. Friendly, helpful hosts. Great breakfast. Good location. The well-behaved, friendly dog, Darcy, was a highlight.

Short

The room

The hosts were genuinely concerned with ensuring our comfort
    • Green Room

Bathroom was not connected to our room.

Location was quiet

The setting of the villa , the back deck area and garden ...
    • The Cream Room

The setting of the villa , the back deck area and garden ,and the location to Eden park just amazing place to stay.

Beyond excellent!

We liked everything.

Wonderful hosts and their beautiful home combined with everything that we could possibly want. Beyond excellent!

The perfect quaint and friendly B&B
    • The Yellow Room

Really beautiful room, very helpful hosts.

Stunning home. Very clean and comfortable. Close to everything and transportation.

Beautiful home and property

Decent, safe street;
    • Green Room

Decent, safe street; the owners are welcoming and very charming; breakfast is very good. Furnishings attractive and plush.

Truly excellent breakfast!
    • Green Room

Truly excellent breakfast! The best of our entire trip

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Lovely place and staff.
    • Green Room

Lovely place and staff. Ideal location from airport after a day flying.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Hostess on arrival was wonderful.
    • Blue Room

Breakfast staff were grumpy!

Hostess on arrival was wonderful. It was a pleasure to stay here and we may do so again. We chose it for location.

Highly recommend
    • Green Room

Wonderful room and fantastic breakfast the next morning

Breakfast was fantastic!
    • Green Room

Breakfast was fantastic! House was stunning and quiet! City Center was easy to reach by bus!

Great stay in Auckland - would highly recommend.
    • Green Room

Breakfast was delightful. Very comfortable stay.