Reviews of Hotel Grand Chancellor - Auckland City 3.5 stars

1 Hobson Street, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#83 of 167 Holiday rentals in Auckland

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Very disappointed, my choice to stay at the Grand Chancellor caused much unnecessary anxiety
    • Studio

We could have been treated better by the staff. We could have received the wake up call we asked for. I was told the bond would go back into my bank account moments after check out by the staff, It didn’t. When I called to ask after my moneys whereabouts I was told it would be 3-6 business days, which is not what I was told originally at all. Who is traveling and wants to have $200 tied up for 3-6 days? I had to have friends front me for airport transportation as I had a strict budget for my trip. I will not be returning after this experience.

Location was suitable, I was helped to get something printed when I needed it.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Sorry, the Hotel did not deliver what we expected.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I felt the Hotel was in need of renovation & not as clean as I would have liked. We chose this Hotel over others because it offered a heated Pool & Spa. Unfortunately the pool was too cold to swim in & the jets in the Spa didn't work. I didn't feel we got what we paid for.

The Hotel was in a convenient location & the staff at the front desk were very helpful. The room we were in had a sliding door to the bedroom, so it was very quiet for a city location.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

This hotel is not grand
    • Studio

Incredibly noise room from traffic Single glazing only. Room needs a paint and Hotel does not reflect the Grand in Chancellor. Staff were not welcoming.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Hotel is ideally situated for Auckland viaduct area and CBD.
    • Studio

Hotel is ideally situated for Auckland viaduct area and CBD. It is clean with good facilities. Decor is getting a bit dated. Bathroom is adequate. Staff are friendly and courteous and overall hotel is good value for money for a night out.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good city stop for an extended stay
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Internet was metered maximum 3 gb per day and required a logon code every day. Annoying and intrusive

Very helpful and pro active staff. Good location in centre of Auckland. Well furnished appartment

Great central location. Lovely staff.
    • Studio

Room cards were not programmed to allow you to access the basement if you parked at the hotel - so you had to see reception to be able to go in and out of the basement car park. Car parking overpriced at $30 per night given check in time starts at 2pm and you are out by 10am. I think hotels should also start specifying if you are assigned a room that does not have the view that the site intimates. Move the shower curtain railing in the bathroom - if it is inside the bath it sticks to you because the room between the shower wall and curtain is so narrow - but if you put outside the bath the bathroom floor gets covered in water. You can see the water damage at the bottom of the doors and scotia board from repeated flooding in the bathroom because of the shower curtain railing being in the wrong place.

Great central location. Staff were lovely.

Overall it was a good weekend stay
    • Studio

You dont have your own private space on balcony as you can see others outside their rooms (no barriers) and that you couldn't see tv from your bed because the large doors covered it.

I liked the bed space - very comfy

Spacious accommodation in a good location but fairly tired
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Room was dated I feel the web photos are a bit deceptive, we expected it to be more modern. We arrived at 1.45 but our room wasn't ready until 2.15 where check in is supposed to be from 2pm. We had complimentary coffee and tea but no milk at all to make a coffee or tea. Bathroom smelt musty, the doors were swollen and carpet needs replacing in lounge TV in bedroom didn't work and I had to crawl under the desk and set up the lounge TV to get it working. It then kept glitching and changing channel on its own

Very spacious room Loved being able to step outside to the Great balcony overlooking the city Great location Bed was really comfortable Well stocked kitchen Excellent water pressure in shower

Hotel met my expectations.
    • Studio

Room smelled like an old room when we came in although it somehow disappeared.

Great location. it is just walking distance from the harbour restaurants.

• Studio

Only 2 jets in spa working, Only 1 elevator working, 1 bedroom apartment not very spacious no harbour views just concrete car park and main road...balcony facing next apartments a little awkward when both outside

Great shower lap pool and gym good location great 5 mins walk to sky city .reception staff (lee and a delightful Indian lady ) very kind and helpful great toiletries and good range of coffee and tea

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great location but wouldn’t stay more than one night
    • Studio

Room very outdated. Couple of minor things that could be fixed- toilet roll holder loose, hair on the towels, basin mixer stiff to use and mould on curtains. Also was quite noisy, can hear a lot of things from the street and other rooms which woke me up a view times. Was fine for one night but can imagine wouldn’t be great for a longer stay.

Great location, we were up for a concert at Spark arena and it was an easy walk there. Close to shopping and food places. Super easy to check in and out with friendly staff. The beds were comfy

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

False Advertising
    • Studio

I booked a room with two double beds however they don’t even have double beds at the property we were told so we got single beds! Also was disappointed to find out that it is an apartment building not a hotel which is very misleading. Parking is $30 every 24hr and it is self parking but you have to go down four levels to get to the hotel parking which isn’t exactly handy.

The property is clean and will do if you don’t want to live in luxury for a bit and just need a place to sleep.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

HORRIBLE!!!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The front desk was rude! The heating did not work and it was in the middle of winter. I requested blankets and none were sent. The staff knew the heating was not working and still gave us the room. The room was dirty. They charged us for 2 nights because we were an hour over the check out time. It was the worst experience ever with a hotel. After notifying the staff, they didn’t offer to change the room.

Nothing!!!

cold
    • Studio

very noisey at night with street noise and couldn't find a light switch to turn off the overhead lights in the bedroom so had to take the card out to get it to go off..no extra blankets so i was freezing all night didn't have a nice night

close to where we had to go

Overall good but sleeping condition and receptionist could be improved.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

heater not working properly, room being cold. staff members asked me to pay twice my carpark...

Great location and size of the room. Appreciated the services regarding carpark availability.

O.K.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The shower was over the bath and the shower head was so low I had trouble washing my hair, I am only 5'3 my partner is 6' no shower for him lucky we had the bath. Very thin low mattress and a broken uncomfortable couch in room.

The location was great within walking distance to Sky tower and Viaduct.

• Studio

Lighting was very dull Shower over bath was dangerous to get in and out and pokey, shower curtain didn’t go all the way around so water was going everywhere bar the shower Lifts seem to go everywhere except requested floor - 3 times

Staff were helpful.
    • Studio

Road noise was really bad overnight. The rooms need to be double glazed.

Staff were helpful. The pool and gym complex is excellent - you can swim lengths. The rooms are very modern and clean and the small kitchen is well equipped. Location near Viaduct and CBD is superb.

Convenient location but room in need of an upgrade.
    • Studio

No double glazing so noisy room and chill from the window. Room had no sun. Bathroom needs an upgrade. There was water damage to the bottom of the bathroom door and jams because the shower over bath concept is outdated and poorly designed. There was only 3 inches of head room in the shower and I am under 6 feet tall. The shower curtain clings to you because the shower/bath was so small and the curtain was smelly. The placement of the microwave cabinet meant there was very limited work space on the kitchen bench. The LED lighting was too bright and not relaxing. Only one elevator was working.

The location which was walking distance to the Viaduct and the CBD. Good hot water pressure. Friendly staff.

Bed was unexpectedly comfy.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room decor is a little tired. However, room is very clean so this is not an actual complaint,

Bed was unexpectedly comfy. And I love their swimming pool, with a good lap length. It is one very good reason for me to stay there.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Adequate for our purposes however I would not have wanted to stay there if I was on holiday
    • One-Bedroom Suite

amenities were very basic. Television didn't have any sky channels and didn't work properly. Tea / coffee selection very poor.

Location is good and handy to all of the viaduct area of the city - we paid for a cheap hotel and that is what we got

Excellent shower.
    • Studio

Had a big problem when we arrived late and were told that although we'd booked a two-bed room, they only had a room with one big bed because they hadn't got the message from booking.com. It should have been easy to fix, but the staff member insisted that we had to pay more for a bigger room or pay for $30 for a roll-out bed to be brought up. He seemed smug about it and wouldn't offer any other solutions or give us a discount, even though the mistake was at their end. We complained in the morning and the (very nice) staff on that day were able to sort everything out, but it was a really unpleasant start.

Excellent shower.

Fine for one night but not for a stay.
    • Studio

The bed was shocking. Old mattress dipping in centre and thin. Room was small and dark. I thought the breakfast was expensive compared to what is available in the vicinity.

Clean well made up room. Staff were friendly at reception.

I have stayed before and will again

Need more people on reception at 10.00am, as there was a queue to check out

Kitchen was good to have in the room, hotel in a good central position and it has parking

It was clean, affordable and close to everything in the city...
    • Studio

Bed was far too hard. Would like somewhere to sit in the room other than on the bed, maybe a dining table?

It was clean, affordable and close to everything in the city centre. Staff were very friendly.

Not good!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It was haunted. I swear lol. So much weird stuff happened. Lights kept going off. The TV didn’t work at all. Beds uncomfortable. Staff were very stuck up and quite rude.

We liked how close it was to the sky tower. Close to town.

All evens out.
    • Studio

Room issues - bed too soft due to sprung base rather than solid hard top base. Didn't sleep well. Bathroom small and not practical. Small tv could be wall mounted so it's closer to bed.

Location excellent. Heated pool great and staff friendly and helpful

Good Auckland weekender.
    • Studio

The breakfast wasn't so great for the money. The breakfast room has a lot of clutter in it... old cardboard boxes and junk. Needs clearing out.

Convenient to the city centre and viaduct I liked that the mini bar had snacks and drinks in it.

Excellent service. Lovely staff.
    • Studio

It was a little annoying that we had to keep going to ask the front desk to let us go down to the basement to where we parked our car. However, we understand it made it safer for guests. It was also a little pricy and I was hoping for more hot choices for breakfast. But overall a lovely stay.

There was a women Nairobi (I think her name was) who was just lovely (as were the other staff). She worked all hours of the day and night during our stay and went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable with our stay. She was very warm and welcoming. My husband and I believe she made the hotel a great experience for us. The pool and hot pool were clean and lovely. Right in the center of town, couldn't ask for better than that.

I would not come back to this hotel.
    • Studio

The room itself was depressing, bath had chips in it, ceramic tiles chipped around bath, very sub standard. I felt like I was in a cave, lighting dull. No view. I don't come into Auckland very often I was very disappointed in the room as it was a special weekend away.

I guess it was clean, lifts fast in arriving. Location was great.

A great hotel all-around
    • Studio

There was nothing I didn't like

Kasi the receptionist made everything happen with ease . . She made problems disappear . . And is the hotels best asset. . There would have been all sad faces otherwise. . Thanks Kasi

Much appreciated the late checkout, but it was somewhat...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Much appreciated the late checkout, but it was somewhat pointless with the doors slamming loudly as the cleaning team worked their way along the floor

Not what you expect tired / run down
    • Studio

The heating did not work they fixed it once but broke again. Mentioned it again but no apology, shower didn’t work properly either They need to re decorate the place it needs it.

Close to where we had to be

Nice place to stay but some facilities too small
    • Studio

Parking was difficult getting into 4 levels below ground bathroom was far too small couldn't get into the toilet room was too narrow and bath was far too small couldn't even lay down in it !

Close to sky city and restaurants

Nice but in need of repair.
    • Studio

Bathroom needed repairing and there were no actual duvet covers on the beds just woolen blankets.

The staff were very helpful and friendly which made the stay more pleasant.

Definitely not value for money
    • Studio

Room was rather dated and doors need replacing as obvious water damage to every door I saw on the 3 floor. No restaurant so no cooked breakfast options. I think it's looking rather tired for a place so close to everything in downtown Auckland. Was their for a birthday treat but won't be returning as definitely not value for money. Had an attached room which you can hear everything they were saying.

It had a bath

Our stay was pleasant. The room was ideal for us and the staff were friendly and obliging.
    • Studio

The room was booked for twin share and the room was not made up in preparation for our arrival. Not a big issue as it was sorted quickly but we did want to relax as it was a late afternoon check in.

Our room was spacious and clean. The kitchenette was a bonus. The location to the city and places of interest was great.

Great location and staff, but needs upgrading
    • Studio

The room I stayed in was in need of an upgrade - there were marks and dents in the walls, the doors and door frames were scratched and worn, and some of the tiles around the edge of the bath were chipped. It was clean enough, but a bit shabby.

The staff were all awesome - very cheerful and helpful. The location was perfect for what I wanted to do while in Auckland - the bus stops are very close and the piers for ferries were a short walk away.

Acceptable but bed comfort and room location were poor.
    • Studio

Stayed in a studio room first floor. Admittedly only $121 for the night. But the bed was low, mattress very soft, the wifi could not be activated , a loud sort of machinery was humming away outside. car parking ok although a bit hefty in charge of $30. The continental breakfast for $22 is below par.

Access of this hotel is good. Staff is friendly although reception should be more inquisitive about the stay perhaps. Accessibility to downtown is excellent of course. Late check out allowing me to do some business nearby without releasing the car park was received well.

Close to where our appointment was.
    • Studio

Bed wasn't that comfy. And room was a bit outdated and bathroom needs just a shower and not over the bath situation.

Close to where our appointment was. Just a short walk to restaurants for evening meal. Overall a satisfactory stay for the price.

OK
    • Studio

The heating was ineffective and, no matter what the thermostat was set on, it was cooler than needed, and I don't like hot rooms. The WIFI was very annoying. Different code needed each day and it cut out a lot and was very slow. No double glazing and traffic noise evident.

The place was clean, but not a palace. Convenient to have cooking facilities.

Good sized apartment, great location
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The staff at night was very rude and unfriendly and made me feel unwelcome and uncomfortable.

I liked the size of the apartment and the comfortable bed. The balcony was nice and the couch was confortable to sleep on as well.

Will never look at other hotels will always be The Grand Chancellor now
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The comfy bed and that every room has a balcony. I didnt book until the night I wanted to stay and was surprised that a room was available. Yay for us. Nice and close to most things and the staff very helpful

Suited our needs of rest and recreation for a one night concert stay. Pool and spa fabulous.
    • Studio

The restaurant was closed for renovation. The bathroom was clean, but getting a bit old now. New shower head though.

Location, swimming pool, spa and gym great. Friendly approachable staff.

nothing wrong with all services but just felt time for update and expensive.
    • Studio

Location room and bathroom ok but needs updating as expensive overall . Breakfast room looked very bland and not very inviting Reception area definitely needs a makeover

Well below expectations - would not stay there again
    • Studio

No can opener in the room. Bath and shower combo made the shower experience feel very crammed and uncomfortable. Shower curtain was slimy and uncomfortable. Nothing was said about the need for a $250 bond on top of the cost of the room at the time of booking, nor about the $30 fee for a car park. Was just as well we had a debit card! Very disappointed with our experience and would not book again.

Bed was comfortable. Kitchen was clean

A fantastic introduction to Auckland and New Zealand.
    • Studio

Local area was a little scruffy, no doubt beyond the control of the hotel.

The room was fine. Staff very helpful and friendly. The pool was a real surprise, it is really plush and the facilities clean and tidy. The location for the harbour area and Sky Tower was brilliant.

Nice and clean plenty of towels linen and bathroom supplies.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Our bathroom door wouldn’t close didn’t realise until the morning of check out that we had to life the toilet seat up to allow the door to close.

Nice and clean plenty of towels linen and bathroom supplies..

would probably not stay there again
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Room was oddly shaped, slightly tired, Noisy from road traffic during the night. On check, was advised that a charge would not be added to my card, yet on check out, I found out that the charge was on my card and a the refund was being applied.

Location is good... restaurants and the Viaduct harbour is close walking distance

Great location and friendly staff, that's just about it.
    • Studio

The room itself was old and shabby. Door frames frayed, layout was annoying, linoleum peeling off the floor and bath/shower very poor standard.

Great location and friendly staff

The not so grand Grand Chancellor
    • Studio

Breakfast was very basic, not happy to see cheese, cooked meat and yoghurts, sitting at room temperature for long periods of time, the bread and pastries were stale. The coffee and hot water was in thermos’s and was not hot! There was black mould in the grouting of the tiles in the bathroom, the shower curtain did not appear to be very clean. Having a shower over the high bath is not the best. It was difficult to access the pool and gym, the pool was too cold to swim in. A staff member discussing with other guests her long working hours and the behaviour of other guests which I found inappropriate and unprofessional.

The bed was comfortable, location was great

Adequate if souless.
    • Studio

Road noise. $100 credit card deposit in case of mini bar or breakfast.

Bland hotel with some road noise from room 214. Fine for one night stay. Having a bath in the pokey bathrom was a pleasant surprise.

Great location, friendly staff and within east walks of the Skytower and harbour.
    • Studio

It would be perfect if you had a small restaurant.

The pool was a great way to unwind after lots of sightseeing. Excellent location as we could walk to all the local attractions.

Pleased with comfort and placement of this stay. Room value was pleasing and very close to Viaduct
    • Studio

On booking when I search for parking, I would want to know if it cost, should be readily disclosed. Bathroom quite small, nice to have a bath.

The room offered hot plates, hadn't expected an almost motel kitchen set up

Never recommend this place
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Your dishonest stuff lying about we ate popcorns

Your stuff is really disrespectful and they twist stories specially that Asian and Indian first of all we couldn’t even understand what they were saying..

Almost $500 for one night. Absolutely disgraceful
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Mould on the bedroom curtains. Breakfast for $22 was just extortionate for basic food including budget $1 a loaf white bread for toast. Staff member also handled food with bare hands

The car park was good

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Check-in was a little bit slow and confusing. I think that could have been more efficient.

I didn't use the pool but my partner did and he said it was great. I had a look in the area and it was very clean and tidy. Our room was fabulous, although we'd paid a little extra for a Harbour front view and that was incredible. It was amazing to sit on the balcony and look out at the harbour. Just a short 5 minute walk and you're at the Viaduct. A really lovely lovely hotel. My mother also traveled with us and she had her own room which was as equally spacious, clean and comfortable. She had a one bedroom suite. Bathroom lovely and clean, plenty of storage space, we had a lovely big kitchen area. The bedroom was lovely and the bed very comfy. Loved that the receptionist allowed us to keep our car int he car-park below after we checked out while we went and had breakfast.

Cold
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Unit was cold at night, no additional blanket were available in the room

The room was clean although the additional bed was a camp stretcher not a bed not really suitable for a 6 foot person

Value for money 3/10

Location was central 10/10

We arrived to hotel to checking 4.30pm after flying from Wellington. We pre booked our rooms well in advance. Our check in handle by guy named Ravi - Asst front office Manager. We were poorly welcomed properly by him. His customer service was overly poor and can rate 0 out of 10. We paid $493 per night for 1 night accommodation and 1/10 value for money. We stayed at room 108 and Room / toilet was overly worn out and it badly needed upgrade/reno. we booked $22per person breakfast, found out it was continental cold breakfast not hot breakfast buffer. That was false advertising No complimentary water in the room. Location was 10/10.

The whole hotel is tired and in dire need of a refurb.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The whole hotel is tired and in dire need of a refurb. The price was outrageous for the quality of the room in my opinion. I understand supply and demand and i know that it was a very busy weekend in Auckland but they just should not be charging that much for a room. There were literally holes in the walls, holes in the curtains, cracks in the paint. The rollaway bed was terrible uncomfortable, the chair in the living area was ripped and uncomfortable. There was literally a plastic bag wrapped around the smoke detector. All in all it was a disappointing experience.

I will look for better value for money on my next visit
    • Studio

Walls in the room were dirty and chipped, bathroom had chipped tiles and some mould. Couch very uncomfortable. The whole place looked tired and old. Not what you expect of a hotel called Grand Chancellor.

Easy check in and check out

5.6
    Vety disappointed that $300 only buys you a small, tired room.
    • Studio

The bathroom was in dire need of an upgrade, cracked and broken tiles around bath, scuffed, dirty skirtings, the door bubbled and warped. The shower was an over the bath old fashioned one with a curtain. There were tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge, even a small dish drawer but what a shame the scuffs and dirty marks in the paintwork couldnt have been cleAned up.

Beds clean and comfortable

Great ling weekend at GC
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Everything great except bath not clean and also very chipped and scuffed. Wld love to hve taken bath but turned off wth state of bath.

Shower great! Bed wonderful. Kitchenette great. Everything very good. Great location for cbd.

Nice staff. Beds uncomfortable and air conditioning did not work wellI would not stay
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The air conditioner barely worked and it was very hot in both our rooms. The 2 beds and the pull out couch were in terrible condion and uncomfortable. I can not recommend this to anyone because of this.

Staff was lovely. Thank you.

Great location & easy to get to Spark Arena
    • Studio

Being told when we booked 7 months ago that our friends & us would be on the same floor or in side by side rooms.Not so when we got there to check in we were on separate floor.This isn't good enough as I rang three times to check & was verbally told that we would at least be on the same floor.It was noted in the booking that that would be the case but it wasn't.Not good enough to be told one thing & they mean another.

The location & ease of parking.

That was the negative part about it.I will follow up with the frony office manager.
    • Studio

Booking in advance & asking if our friends & us could be on the same floor or even having rooms side by side. I rang 3 times to verify this & to be told that yes you are definitely on the same floor.Not so as when we get to check in you guessed it we were on different floors.Not good.If we had booked the day before I can understand that but not 7 months ahead.It was noted on the booking asking if we could be on the same floor.

The location was really great.

Horrendous, avoid at all costs
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with City Views

1. They refused to remove the minibar unless I paid them $10 2. Couch in room was broken and fabric dirty 3. Despite arriving at 3:30 (check in at 2) I had to wait 12 minutes before I could go to my room 4. Room was exceptionally tired and unclean. There were broken tiles, stains on carpet. 5. Only two towels provided. One of these needed to be used as a bath mate

Absolutely nothing

Nothing save for reasonable location
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Extremely tired,lifts out of order(when friends stayed a few days earlier) failure of receptionist to provide adequate parking instructions resulting in being required to move car,noisy,very low ceiling over bath,no bench space in bathroom.

Nothing save for reasonable location

Disappointing and Overpriced.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room was nothing at all like those shown on the website. It was dated and shabby. The lounge TV was like a monitor sitting on the desk. The lounge sofa was a pull out bed and far too uncomfortable to sit on. Fixed shower head was far too low but would be perfect for someone about 4 foot tall! Multiple food items in the mini bar selection had long expired. The room had a feeling of general grubbiness.

The staff at Reception were very friendly and welcoming. More than happy to store our luggage before check in and after check out.

Adequate and priced accordingly for the location
    • One-Bedroom Suite

2 double beds in the room, neither were comfortable. Room is cheaply fitted out with ordinary/dated furnishing. We had a first floor room with a view of a car park - not much incentive to use the balcony. Of 2 lifts one was out of order.

Location was great, just a few minutes walk to Viaduct Harbour area. Price was competitive.

I would still stay at this hotel but would hope that the room I get allocated had a bigger bathroom.
    • Studio

My only issue was the bathroom size and the positioning of the door when you enter it to use the facilities.

Convenience and price was fine for me at the time. Beware of Bathroom size as can be quite tight depending on the room you get. It offers a safe environment if you are travelling on your own.

Would definitely stay there again. Would recommend it to friends good value or money.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Maybe better lighting in room.

Didn't have any meals there. Rooms a good size and bed comfy. Very central within walking distance to everything. Friendly staff.

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room we got was very disappointing for the price - The card swipe was temperamental, the door jamb had jemmy marks and there was a large gap underneath so little privacy. A door to an adjoining suite had no lock on our side, no safe provided, the walls were grubby, the A/C temp setting was broken off, the bath surround was moldy, the shower curtain was stained, the water pressure was excessive, the exhaust fan was noisy, the iron and ironing board were dirty, no bin in bathroom. We were required to visit the front desk to gain access to the pool.

The staff were very helpful and obliging.

Adequate but not overwhelmed.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Requested quiet room. Were given a room opposite lifts. Room smelt of smoke. Requested a change of room that was granted but was not of same standard. We were down graded not upgraded. Staff were not welcoming.

Bed comfortable . Location excellent.

Altogether a very enjoyable stay with cafes and local facilities nearby.

We have stayed here before and found the breakfast very expensive for the food that was available. We would have preferred a separate shower rather than over the bath. Getting in and out of the pool proved difficult for one of our party.

The service on arrival was friendly and reasonably efficient. The rooms clean and well stocked. We had booked two rooms and it was great to have them close to each other. We enjoyed the pool and found it very refreshing.