2. New Zealand hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hamilton Golf Lodge

Reviews of Hamilton Golf Lodge

97A Borman Road, 3281 Hamilton, New Zealand

#48 of 53 hotels in Hamilton

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

Totally stunned to be locked in at night - won't ever be staying here again.
    • Budget Twin Room

Couch was in bad condition, and looked terrible with vinyl peeling off all over. The water smelt and tasted awful - like sulfur or rotten eggs. No complimentary tea or coffee sachets or milk. And worst of all, the gates on the access road were locked overnight, ( what accommodation provider would lock their guest in at night..?? We didn't pay to be in a prison..!! ) Consequently, when we tried to leave early on the first morning to make our appointment in town, that we had specifically traveled down for, we couldn't get out and so were late. Not impressed at all. Add to that the chickens camping on the deck and pooing there, the rough gravel driveway and a non existent reception office and it's safe to say, I won't ever be using this facility again. If they hadn't already taken full prepayment from the credit card before we arrived, we would have looked for alternative options for the second night.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

It’s a cool place to stay.

Noting at all. But I missed all the little lambs and the crying sound of them. Last year when I visited there were plenty of them onsite. Please bring them back.

It’s a cool place to stay. If you love nature, please visit his place. Staying at this lodge is like living inside a forest and it was a wonderful experience. I love nature and I’ll visit again.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

I love how welcoming the staff were during our stay.

I love how welcoming the staff were during our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I’ll definitely make this my go to whenever I stay in Hamilton from now on.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

* The room was clean, warm & dry.
    • Budget Single Room

* The shower took about 10 mins before there was more than luke warm water. * There was no hand soap to wash hands after using the bathroom. * The single room was up a staircase that was almost a ladder. * The oriental gentleman who answered the phone found my British/Kiwi accent to make out as I gave my name to check in

* The room was clean, warm & dry. * The price was good for a single night stay just after Christmas.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Vomiting from bad water
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

I arrived at around 7. Was shown my room and facilities but NOT any safe drinking water. I couldnt find any during the night so drank from bathroom tap. I spent the rest of the night throwing up. I left at 6am. Very thirsty to find water abd dis not return. I would like a refund

It was very basic but comfortable. A beautiful setting

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

really liked the little huts.
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

really liked the little huts. SOme suggestions. Need rubbish bins in the toilets Need signs pointing the way to the facility Needs at least basic facilities for cooking somewhere More hooks for clothes in shower plus somewhere to put soap

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

If you want to go there take everything with you including shower gel, utensils, salt and pepper etc

There was no rubbish bin in the kitchen. However we asked for it and the lady brought and then took it back. We did not know where to put the rubbish after cooking and eating. Although there was a TV but it was not working. Staff was not friendly enough to introduce us to all the facilities. Floor of the property was making cracking noises and it was so loud that it can wake you up at night. Doors were so noisy and hard to open. At night it felt like someone was opening our door but in fact in fact the guests opposite to our room were opening their door. that is how noisy the doors and floor were.

The room was big and the place was clean. all amenities were close by. Place was green.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

The room was very spacious and the hosts were very nice.

We booked a place with a private bathroom but got one with a shared bathroom. The bathroom could use a bit more cleaning (there were spiders, spiders net and some dirt). When entering the building you had to take off your shoes (even flip-flops) and walk barefoot.

The room was very spacious and the hosts were very nice.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

It was a beautiful place and if it had a bit of love and...
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

There was work with a chainsaw being done right next to our room early in the morning. It was difficult to communicate and the rooms weren't that clean.

It was a beautiful place and if it had a bit of love and care put into everything it would be so lovely.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Nice owners, very relaxed and chilled (accomodation and owners). Nice relaxed setting.
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

It was a bit hard to find the owner when I got there, but not a major. The ladies toilet was blocked for the 2 days I was there, but I am sure this is because no one told the owner. He was very accomodating to any request I had.

The bed was one of the best of slept on for comfort, but on the smaller size (double?). The owners are wonderful. It is budget accommodation that definitely met my requirements for a place to sleep, and a hot shower. The outdoor showers are excellent...

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Not even rated a 1
    • Budget Double Room

No soap. No towel rail. Bathroom wasn’t cleaned while there and it was a shared bathroom. We were there for seven days. Barely any kitchen equipment to use. Had to really limit cooking or drive all the way in town for takeaways. Water wasn’t clean, smelled bad. Couldn’t drink it.

Older couple that stayed while we were there were nice.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

It was a lovely stay and peaceful away from the road traffic...
    • Budget Double Room

Just the flower tree near the car parking which can get quite messy but that is not a major at all.!!

It was a lovely stay and peaceful away from the road traffic which is a bonus! Owners are really nice and hard working people considering its managed by 2 owners. I would definitely go back and stay for another weekend. We loved the cute like dome rooms located on property and the showers with trees that run through it which gives it character for those who have an imagination and love the outdoor style! A layed back lifestyle!! Thanks to Min and her husband!

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Cute and quirky accommodation in little huts amongst the...
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

On a rainy night not much fun getting to the toilet in a separate block in the middle of the night.

Cute and quirky accommodation in little huts amongst the trees and cherry blossom. Best shower ever - hot, strong and with a roof open to the skies and standing between the growing trees. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

The property was quiet and surroundings lovely.

Upon arrival there seemed to be confusion as to what they said we booked. Confusion between the husband and wife. But we did end up with the right one. I think! Shared kitchen facilities minimal. Only one teaspoon for making coffee and this was a shared kitchen. We stayed two nights and I noticed they didn't empty rubbish bins daily or check for need of toilet paper. We had to ask. Tea towels dirty.

The property was quiet and surroundings lovely.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Kept roomed locked tight as scared of manager
    • Budget Twin Room

Booking.com searched for twin beds, 2 people. Quoted $75 for the night but male person turned up at door demanding and extra $20 because of two people. Two women travelling on own so found his manner quiet scary and intimidating.

The room was ok but out of town and isolated

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Room adequate for purpose.
    • Budget Twin Room

Bathroom had hair in it that didn't belong to us on arrival

Room adequate for purpose. Even though I marked two adults when searching it didn't book for two. Seems to be a clitch in the system There was no prior contact regarding extra fee and I originally thought I had booked for two

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

relaxing getaway
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

the scenery was amazing! great littlr get away, and yet still close enough to supermartkets for essentials loved the stay and out in the wilderness experience.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Nice but not for couples

The bed was too much noisy and we had to make an slow motion sex.

Chinese woman in charge and his son /grandson were very few kindle or empathetic. Not even a hello when we arrive.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Horreffic. Would only recommend for back packers. But too expensive for that.

Toiletries as advertised not available. Room had to be shifted due to disability. Manager not available for hours in order to check in. Only one set of towels to last 10 days. Manager entering the room without knocking. No wardrobes, but advertised. Clothes had to be hung on drapery rods.

Nice view

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Average
    • Economy Twin Room

Very hard to find st night booked s room with two singles and when I hot there found it was taken and had to pay extra to get to rooms even tho he gave it cheaper was more expensive than first thought

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Chilled out n cosy as!!

The sheard toilets

The chalet was very cosy. The temp & pressure of the water in the showers were awesome!!! The novelty of the outdoor showers were also very awesome!!!

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Nice and handy location to get to and from work sites in...
    • Standard Twin Room

Could have been notified that we were in a communal area that was sharing the cooking/bathroom facilities.

Nice and handy location to get to and from work sites in various locations in and around Hamilton. Great price point for what was on offer. ;-)

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Wonderful
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

LOVED staying in the little chalet and showering amongst the trees!! Parking was excellent. Ablution blocks were very clean and tidy, as well as our room. One of the best little glamping trips I’ve done in awhile! My partner and I loved our stay, thank you!

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Driving to the sceenery, was beautiful, didnt get lost.
    • Budget Double Room

Bummed a little there was no cup of teas, etc.

Driving to the sceenery, was beautiful, didnt get lost. Driving upto the lodge seeing little lambs and chickens, being surrounded by animals an the farm tye life amazing. Comfortable beds. Staff are lovely an kind. was nice an warm as i turned up at 6pm thanks for the stay. See you again.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Overall it was very nice and excellent for the cost :)

When we booked online it wasn't very clear what we had actually booked and what it was gonna be like. We didn't know it was in the same house as the owners and overall we just didn't really know what to expect. There just needs to be more clear specific details about the stay

I liked the feel of the place. very clean and modern. We were very pleased that we were allowed to check out late apon request.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

One night in Hamilton

Even though it took us 12min to get into town especially when you're in a rush to get somewhere, but in saying that, the location was so beautiful especially when we woke up in the morning, the bed was warm and cosy. It's was cheap for one night. We met the owner the next day, lovely people couple. I'll definitely recommend it to anyone that is travelling through or staying in Hamilton for couple nights.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Clean, tidy a d reasonably priced accommodation.
    • Budget Double Room

Being nearkt charged $100.00 for 2 towels and a pillow I didn't have. Owners hadn't checked realized be we had changed rooms. Was cleared up, but not a pleasant experience. Also was phoned at 1.30am and questioned, was very angry.

Clean, tidy a d reasonably priced accommodation. Apologies received from owner and booking.com people.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Smelly, Rude and inconsiderate towards us. False accusations not good at all

I didn't like the smell of the room we stayed in. It smelt like an oldman with bad body odour. I don't think the blankets were washed from the last person that used it because it stunck. I thought the ladys husband was quite rude because he accused us of making noise the whole night which was a lie. My partner and I came from our night out in town, we came home sober and we were very respectful, we came back at 9:30pm. 8:35am Sunday morning the husband was very rude and kicked us out.. It was an honest mistake that I didnt pay for the night, I was $10 short and I will be paying it tonight.. Overall, very rude, inconsiderate, wasnt listening, and very disrespectful.

The lady was ok. The room was nice and spacious. The shower was awesomely hot and toilet facilities were nice and clean.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Never again
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

Outside shower. light goes out in shower. Too expensive, not a chalet at all, false advertising. water not running on arrival. Kitchen locked at 7.00am when I woke unable to use kitchen twice.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Extremely disappointed, Property has potential to be exceptional with right owners/managers.
    • Budget Twin Room

DIRTY! Studio had not been cleaned, food scraps in sink, half frozen old food & milk in fridge, heater didn't work, water kept running out, TV frequently lost connection, only 2 towels for 3 night stay, no bath mat, hot water tank too small for even one shower that had inadequate water pressure, unsafe wooden step (person slipped & fell in wet), no hand rail, dreadful pot holes in access shingle drive suitable only 4WD, outside light did't work, access poor - signage almost non-existant & poorly lit. Not serviced, worst place ever stayed.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

The room was comfortable, but the price was excellent for my...
    • Budget Single Room

The room was a loft up a steep staircase. This made it impossible to get my suitcase up to my room. I ended up leaving it in my car and going to the car to get the clothes I needed for the evening and next day. It would suit a backpacker, but is not convenient for those travelling with a suitcase.

The room was comfortable, but the price was excellent for my budget travel needs as a student.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

No working smoke alarm, would be useful since fridge,...
    • Economy Twin Room

No working smoke alarm, would be useful since fridge, microwave, tv and electric blanket all on one power point. Pathetic shower. Freezing cold on arrival and tiny heater took 24 hours to warm up room. All for $98 per night, what a rip off.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

The bed was comfortable.
    • Budget Single Room

Tv didn't hve a signal. Bath tub was not clean. The gentleman owner had an unfrriendly abrupt manner. Only one rubbish bin was available - in the shared toilet.

The bed was comfortable. The setting is peaceful. The lady owner was friendly.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

They don’t deliver what the promised in the website.

Cheap

They don’t deliver what the promised in the website. They wanted to charged me again even after knowing I did the pre payment by booking.com Very important: read the signs: keep the doors closed to avoid the rats coming in!!!

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

cold awkward and frustrating.
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

The managers couldn't speak good English, the rooms were freezing and the outside shower had no light and no roof was freezing trying to shower in the rain in the dark. The owner/manager kept spitting as he walked everywhere wasn't nice having to hear that every 5 minutes.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

I met a women no name given quickly shown to the cabin and was told where the kitchen was.
    • Budget Double Room

It was cold and not very welcoming in the cabin, all electrical like T.V and bar fridge and also jug was running off one 4way adapter. I went to the shared kitchen to see what I could use kitchen utensils and pots and pans what did I find in the cupboard rotten fruit so I went back to the cabin rested abit then handed the keys back. Never again will I go there, don’t waste your money unless they upgrade this place and keep it absolutely maintained everyday.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Unpleasant, would not recommend it.

Everything. There was no office to find staff on arrival. The access track was full of huge potholes. Total language barrier. Bedroom cold and damp with a very odd smell.. Bathroom was shared with cold water only for the shower. The shared kitchen was dirty as were the fridge and kettle. The whole place was run down and uncared for. Nearly impossible to find without gps.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Not sanatizing clean, had to pre clean my room before I could settle in.
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

Although stayed few days i ended up sanatizing cleaning my own room..no service non daily linen change.. no toiletries, shared kitchen full of flies & smell like pest infested..

Room Not very clean, bed hard, had to re clean room before i could settle in.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

It was good.they do need new beds and pillows though
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds were very hard in my room I could feel the springs in my back.

I loved the Korean family that own the land they were kind. The golf course and section is massive and perfect for a big group of friends .

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Peaceful and relaxing

On arrival, I wasnt sure where to check in. I was also unable to access the wifi.

The bed was comfortable, and it was very peaceful. The host allowed me to check out later with no charge.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

The bed was comfortable and having a private bathroom and tv...
    • Budget Double Room

When i arrived the room had not been cleaned properly from the last guest, there was cheese and milk in the fridge, no toilet paper, and rubbish in the bathroom, also they had falsly advertised this room as it was missing a lot of the amenties stated on the site, i spoke to the guy and asked him to finish cleaning the room, as i was going out. He threatened to cancel my booking and when i arrived back, the cheese was gone and there was toilet paper, not everything was sorted. I wasnt shown where there is aparently a kitchen facility and was not given the wifi code even after i had asked for it. He never asked me how i would like to pay he just took the money out of my account Felt very ripped off. Not happy at all.

The bed was comfortable and having a private bathroom and tv in the room. The staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

It is a worthy for stay.had good time
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

It’would be better if the wifi signal strength is strong for everywhere around the place

The chalet which we got was met our expectations and had a relax and good time.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

If only I was clean, basics supplied i woild be fantastic°°°
    • Standard Twin Room

Unclean, only a towel provided, top sheet appeared clean but bedding smelt and looked dirty, stains and bodily hair etc visible. Mattress collapsed was a shared kitchen area an 3 bedrooms, and was not clean anywhere. No effort to vacumn or wipe or wash made. Oven dirty, for shared area only 2 spoons a fork,teaspoon and a knife available. There were cooking utensils and pots, apart from a bottle of detergent, no way of cleaning them if you wanted to use them. The cups were sticky and one stsined which if cleaning cloth/ salt or brush were avsilable I would have used it.. really could not eat/drink there. Tvs everywhere- each bed room and lounge but my husband has poor hearing so we moved sofa close to hear. Sofs had. Not breen moved or cleaned around...

This place could be amazing. Great supply of hot water.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Nice and spacious private room with shared toilet.
    • Budget Single Room

Nice and spacious private room with shared toilet. Car park on site. There is a supermarket 10 min driving (in Rototuna). Good wireless connection. A good place for 1 night stop. GPS coordinates instead of address to find the place.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Little Gem
    • Budget Single Room

There are bugs but this is to be expected due to being in a forest.

Photos of huts are exactly as they look. I didn't stay in the house so not sure about that. Bed was comfortable and pillows were amazing.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Pretty gutted, feeling ripped off... 2/10.

No apparent signage for lodge itself nor reception. We arrived and couldn't find anyone. Had to call owner to make sure we were in the right place, who finally turned up and stood 5 meters away from me scrolling through his phone before saying anything. We were then shown our upstairs room... I had specifically asked for a ground floor room with a car park as we had heavy gear to bring inside that couldn't stay in the car. Were told that ground floor room would now cost us $25 extra on top of what we had already paid. Not cool at all when your touring on a budget. No hand towel, dirty glasses, smoke alarm was broken, 1 towel for 2 guests and the room was full of flies (it's hot, it happens, but this was intense). The advertised pool seemed to be non existent. The bed was comfy thankfully, but unfortunately we will not be recommending this place to anyone at all.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

I stayed because it would have cost me the entire booking to cancel. Only reason.
    • Budget Single Room

The room I booked online was a basic single. What they didn't mention is that it was an attic room that you had to climb a ladder up to! I had to take another room for an additional $10 per night. Because I booked online and arrived the day I was staying the cancellation fee would have been the cost of staying. Bubble wrap taped on the windows for privacy, severely cracked toilet seat, no rubbish removal in shared kitchen. Pretty dirty on the whole. A shame because the people seemed nice.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Place needs some love, cheap bed.

Dirty kitchen, dead flies everywhere, fly killing bait right at the door by the stove, flies were then landing on all the cooking equipment. The owner was in the house and never came out.. we had to call the number near the door, argued with me that my name wasn’t on his booking paper... wouldn’t even come out of the house to talk and you could hear him in the house. Eventually came out and asked me my name again... then he’s like ok he will go check again... and then he’s like oh ya your here. Annoying, not very welcoming at all!! There were 5 rooms sharing the same bathroom in his house upstairs. Shower temperature wasn’t stable.

The value for money. Size of room

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

humble.. comfortable... relaxing... enjoyable...
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

not much really its only early days for what looks like its gana be something spectacular when finished

the over all stay was peacfull..was able to relax felt cosey and staff were great... deffintly somewhere i would stay again

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Double booked leading to smaller room with less facilities supplied.
    • Family Room - Disability Access

Despite agreeing to earlier check in time, when I arrived I was told I was double booked and they didn't give me any pre warning. I ended up with a much smaller room with less facilities and the fold out couch, which one of us had to sleep on was very uncomfortable as the two pieces of mattress kept moving apart underneath you. I was charged less for the smaller space.

There was an outside area with BBQ tables. They agreed to an earlier check in time.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

The staff spoke very little english so communication was...
    • Budget Single Room

The staff spoke very little english so communication was difficult and at most times hard to even understand. It was very unclear where "head office/reception" was, I felt very uncomfortable handing over my money to a person who just opened the door and almost felt like they had no idea what I was doing there. I had booked a budget single room for 5 nights and it definitely lived up to its name! The room was up in an attic, the stairs were very steep and incredibly difficult to bring all my stuff up and down in. The room itself was tidy and small but the size i had already expected. The shared kitchen was disgusting, there were dead and live flies everywhere! After seeing the kitchen I had decided to leave the day after I had arrived when I was meant to stay for 5, will not be booking again

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

My stay was mediocre
    • Budget Single Room

Bed was hard, shoewr took forever to get hot water, the climb to the room was so steep one false move could have been nasty fall paticularly early morning, also no lock on the room door, could not leave any valuables in the room during the day

Nearness to work in hamilton

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Totally satisfied with the lodge.

Wi-Fi isn't unlimited so I ran out while trying to talk to my mom. Not a big deal, I wouldn't have run out except I used a lot applying to a few jobs.

The house was really nice and better than expected. Great facilities, nice kitchen area, and a comfy bed all made for a nice stay.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Yeah, it'd be one of those places you stay in desperation sadly.

Name of the property doesn't match on websites. The room I'd booked was apparently very noisy, and for a wee bit extra I could have this pod... Environment is nice, rooms very basic, managers not to be trusted. Don't give me a hard sell when I've driven for hours.

Pods are a nice idea, space between units works

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Very pleasant hassle free stay. Will definitely return again
    • Budget Double Room

Changed to cabin with an en-suite as initial booked cabin had a shared toilet. Just not into shared toilets unless staying with family members occupying both cabins.

Comfy bed, clean, peaceful surroundings, friendly hosts.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

It was very quiet and room was clean.
    • Budget Single Room

The flight of stairs to the room was extremely steep - ok for young people only. Would be impossible to get suitcase uo. Security poor- there was no lock on the door.

It was very quiet and room was clean. Had free wifi and tv.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

When I arrived to check in at the property i was been told...

When I arrived to check in at the property i was been told that my booking was been cancelled without letting me know and they didn’t even have any evidence that they contacted me for cancellation.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

It was only one night so was good for that but wouldn’t stay longer.

No signs outside location to tell you where it was, owners can’t speak English, no smoke alarms, wasn’t the cleanest it could have been, very basic rooms

Good for one nights stay.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

Not luxury but clean and serviceable. A good deal for the price.
    • Budget Single Room

Needs better signposting - there are roadworks nearby which didn't show up on google maps. I arrived after dark and was reluctant to attempt the long, unlit driveway without any sign or street number. The very last part of the driveway is pot-holed and rough. The shower temperature wasn't steady, my window didn't have a curtain and the stairs to the attic rooms are almost a ladder!

Rural setting with a pleasant view from my room, quite private, all facilities were adequate or better and everything was clean. Also the owner kindly came out in person to guide me when I couldn't find the place.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Beds were comfy , room ok ,
    • Standard Twin Room

Booked place because of swimming pool , supposed repairing being done , but had been informed by someone who had been there a few times that it’s never been working.

Beds were comfy , room ok , Very noisey if people booked in upstairs

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

We enjoyed our overnight stay, liked the country setting, and lights up the driveway in the dark.
    • Budget Double Room

The spacious shower was great, but it makes the floor tiles around the toilet, and walking from the bathroom door to the toilet, very slippery and possibly dangerous underfoot. Maybe rubber mats?

The bed was very comfortable, thank you.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

It was cheap.
    • Standard Twin Room

Facilities were lacking and the location is middle of nowhere. Had to ask for some plates and cutlery and no sky TV. No batteries in remote and flat, only one pillow.

It was cheap.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Country atmosphere close to the city, with lovely rooms. We wish we could have stayed longer!
    • Budget Double Room

The seclusion of the lodge comes at a price; this place would be difficult to get to if you weren't travelling by car. The shower was a little tricky to operate, getting the temperature right and staying right was challenging.

This lodge has a very nice feel to it. The rooms are luxurious, given the price, and definitely comfortable. The room has a TV and a fan, good lighting and a number of power points. The free WiFi is excellent. The location is quiet and secluded, and very relaxing. There is a well kept kitchen and good communal areas.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

I did not go back for the second night booked
    • Standard Twin Room

The door would not lock from the outside, the door was hard to open. The shared facilities were not clean or tidy as other stayers had left food, dishes and footwear in both kitchen and lounge.

The isolation

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

privacy
    • Budget Double Room

no proper sign to show but having another sign as Leisure Hits, it would be very hard to find at darkness, electric jug was rusty with two washers and a nut in it. noisy from upstairs when they walk

privacy

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Horrible.
    • Budget Double Room

Disgusting. Beds were not clean, had previous sheets with food crumbs inside. The towels stank. Hazardous access either up steep old wooden steps or by squeezing past rubbish and overflowing buckets of sharp broken tiles. Loud banging noises at night from the owners above. Staff uncommunicative. Could not pay by card as their machine "was not working" - paid cash but no receipt. Tax man and health department should investigate.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Expected a solo building, and a golf range.
    • Budget Double Room

Expected a solo building, and a golf range. Golf range not to be seen and I was in a block, with thin walls. Facilities clean but basic with no aesthetics whatever. Also, hard to find. Google maps struggled , though this was because of a yet to be developed through road

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Distressing

People didn’t speak very good English, their personal belongings everywhere. Pool was brown, but in photos it is usable. Not like the advert at all. Toiletries in the bathroom were mouldy and shared, bird poo on the windows. Towel rail broke in our room.

Nothing, very unfortunate

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Really comfortable bed.

There was confusion regarding our booking and the owners seemed unclear of how many nights and how ma guests were staying. As I mentioned is a bit out of town.

Really comfortable bed. Room with TV and big lounge. A bit out of town but surrounded by nice countryside.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

The house was surrounded in farmland and the sounds of the...
    • Budget Single Room

The bed was really squeaky and woke me up every time I moved. It was also not very comfortable.

The house was surrounded in farmland and the sounds of the animals in the morning were amazing

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Quiet stay in the middle of the farm
    • Budget Single Room

The address was a little complicated and a bit hard to find.

The family managing the facility was really helpful. Shared lounge and kitchen were spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and new....the accommodation is a deal!

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

I enjoyed it, would definitely stay here again

Just found it Abit hard to locate the place but other than that was algood for 60 bucks got my money's worth for sure

I loved how it was secluded and hidden !! Definitely felt amazing to be away for the night:D

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Easy access and central to where we needed to be.
    • Standard Twin Room

Booked a twin single room but when we arrived the room had one double bed only. There was only myself and my young son so not a huge problem but not ideal. Would have been happier if the style of room I booked was what we got.

Easy access and central to where we needed to be.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Good value for money, but hard to find the place, remote location .
    • Budget Double Room

The place is a really good value for money, however , it is really difficult for GPS to find, it took me 40 minutes to realise the entrance .

The environment.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

bed was comfortable

not really sure if the rooms in the main house are legal --no signage re fire escape routes - stairs did not have edge definition - in case of fire ,doors opened the wrong way would not book accomadation at this property again

bed was comfortable