Reviews of Hilton Auckland 5 stars

Princes Wharf, 147 Quay Street, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#21 of 161 hotels in Auckland

Great location, great views!!

Service staff in breakfast area appeared confused, no one came at anytime during our meal to take finished plates off the table. The buffet breakfast hot food was cold. We called for additional pillows and after 40 minutes had to ring again.

Excellent location, fabulously comfortable bed. Brilliantly hot shower! We always stay at The Hilton when we come back to Auckland.

Where is the fifth star

The facilities were well below 5 star.

The hotel is more like a 4 star hotel. My first time staying in a Hilton hotel so it was disappointing, although the staff were professional and very friendly.

Staff where friendly.

Ran out of coffee, milk was off curdeled when used. Beds kept moving everytime you touched them, rooms are tired damage on units etc not what I'm normally used to from the hilton.rooms clean.

Staff where friendly. Special attention made for daughters birthday very much appreciated.

Staff were a 10/10 very happy and helpful restaurant and...
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

There wasn't much of a wow factor walking into our room for the first time it seemed small and dated not what i expected for a deluxe king.

Staff were a 10/10 very happy and helpful restaurant and food also amazing over all my partner and i was very happy with our stay

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, lovely staff and great view from the room

The staff were very welcoming and getting text messages from Christin - Desk Manager asking us if we were comfortable in our room on the first day plus assisting us with our booking was fantastic. Thank you

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Location room layout great bathroom.

Room service burger and chips looked fantastic good value for money but burger wasnt as good as it looked.

Location room layout great bathroom. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Awesome location, friendly staff, enjoyable stay 😊

Renovation noises started before 8am but were told it wouldn’t tillafter 10am

The staff were one of the most friendly and professional I’ve come across in NZ!

Too expensive for NO VIEWS from rooms.

See above.

The bathroom was dirty - mould in the shower, stains on the tiles around the bath. I paid so much for the room and had NO VIEW WHATSOEVER! The other surrounding hotels were much cheaper but I chose the hotel because it was more likely to get a view of the harbour. Not good value for money.

Will not stay again and do not recommend friends to stay there as the hotel is not up to the price
    • Suite with Harbour View

Bathroom, bedroom, furniture. The receptionist was not so well trained except a girl named Marga and she is nice. concierge was not so knowledable about the city.

Paid for suite but the room is super dated and not clean. The door and furnitures were chipped, there are stains on the bathroom floor. Equipments are old. Toiletries are not up to the price i paid for. Not even worth for 4 star hotel and the room is way too run down

Very pleasant, staff was very accommodating and exceeded expectations in service.

the fish was a fish and chips at dinner was a little to oily for me, however the fish was very fresh.

The food was very good - The cinnamon french toast I had for Breakfast was delicious.

Awesome.
    • Deluxe King Room with Premium Harbour View

From the minute we walked into the door and from when we checked out, the Hilton staff were amazing and took very good care of us. Friendly, accommodating and warm. The food, in room dining and breakfast were delicious. We will definitely be back in the future!

Very comfy bed.

The coffee with the breakfast buffet seemed to be powdered coffee. You could pay to order coffee, but we thought the standard buffet coffee would be better.

Very comfy bed. Really nice showers.

Pretty good staff
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Air con temp couldnt change so left with a feather top fit for Antarctica - way too hot for fixed heating. Bed linen looked fresh but gelt like sleeping on sandpaper! No notice of renos when booked. Told work would begin at ten am, so bearable. They started at 8am. Wont be back - ever. At $465 a night, throw in a leaking ancient tiny shower.

Pretty good staff

Excellent location, staff need to step up their game. other competitors with less STARs better value
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The service on arrival had to take own bags to room. Indifferent attitude on reception. Room not 5 Star quality. Decorate tied needed updating,lacked basics I.e. coffee plunger and ground coffee, sound system in bathroom didn't work, no free WiFi in rooms, no night turn down. No attentive service at breakfast, had to refill own coffee ask for cutlery, should have included proper coffee rather having to pay extra for that

Comfortable bed and large bathroom and view.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Far from the streets

The location is a long walk from the main street and the ferry terminal. If you walk around the hotel you will feel tired.

The quality of the staff in the entrance is great and overall the hotel has all the good things a chain like Hilton offers.

Most enjoyable!
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The parking at the reception needs to be clearly marked or allocated. I parked across the entrance, checked in and dropped our bags. By the time I got back to my car I had a $65 parking fine issued by Wilsons carpark.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast - food and service - was excellent!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

6.0
    Staff at Resturant & food Fantastic
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Management staff & Front desk staff terrible They defiantly need more training.. We had 2 days of construction above our room starting at 7am thro to 10am.. Rang front desk 3 times - No improvements? We were not advised of construction by front desk staff on arrival.. It took Sweata ( from Resturant) to suggest to management Maybe you should offer the guest a bottle of wine.. In which then management said can I give you a complimentary bottle of wine.. I said yes.. When checking out we noticed I had been charged $50 for the complimentary bottle of wine.. Once again bad management!!! When I questioned it 3 times she said we will remove the charge of $50 for bottle of wine.. Front desk staff & construction ruined our stay..

Staff at Resturant & food Fantastic House keeping staff & house keeping great

The room was huge.

I didn't like that they said Booking.com had booked us in for an extra night. We're still not sure if we were charged what we had been quoted cos there were no receipts offered

The room was huge. Like the balcony. Big bathroom. Centrally placed

Bathroom was a good size.

The approach of the hotel feels like you are in an industrial park until you hit the foyer. The shower was small with average pressure.

Bathroom was a good size. Friendly staff. 12 o'clock check out is great.

Excellent. Will be back.
    • Deluxe King Room with Premium Harbour View

Unfortunately there was a huge scaffolding tent blocking half our view of our corner suite, that we had booked especially for the wow factor view, was disappointing. Staff apologised and we were given a substantial discount.

We booked a romantic night away to attend a friends celebrations in Auckland. The hand made chocolates from Bennets were divine. Staff were friendly and attentive. The room was large, clean and comfy. Breakfast was of an amazing standard as always.

• Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

I would expect that the rate I payed for the night which included breakfast would also include 1 coffee - no big deal but it irritated me and spoilt it alittle

The staff were very welcoming.

Slight better clearance of empty dishes on breakfast table.

The staff were very welcoming.location great for activities around the waterfront. Comfortable bed.

Great location and lovely staff who were always attentive...

That other rooms could get to my section of the balcony and smoke. Leaving cigarette butts. Also the shower could be better.

Great location and lovely staff who were always attentive and helpful. The bathroom was a great size and the bed exceptionally comfortable.

Lovely but tinged with sadness
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Building work at 9am ish & drilling at 10am on our first morning after our 32 hour journey. If I had known this I would NOT HAVE BOOKED AT THIS HOTEL. Marga’s Reply was Well I did mention it when you booked in. Yes true/ she did but that was when she offered me level 6. I said no way - do not put me near building work. So as Marga then offered us level 4, she said this should be ok. Maybe I shouldnt have taken this as her solving the problem. When I emailed a complaint -I received a reply saying well you were told so we will give you 2 x free breakfast. I actually thought this was an insult. Here- you have travelled so many hours, you have been woken up when you didn’t want to be, had to get up & out of your room because the drilling was so loud- we consider your time & effort for giving us your trust in booking with us is er...... 2 of our free breakfast- which by the way - the hot food was not hot ☹️. Everyone else’s hard work ruined by not being honest and mentioning building work before people book. Why don’t you tell people this beforehand....... well because they wouldn’t book. We are one of those.

View over the harbour/sea was great. Breakfast choice was good. Front desk, concierge were so polite & welcoming.

We had a awesome stay for our birthday, we arrived to cake...

The pool was amazing could of been a tad warmer but definitely refreshing

We had a awesome stay for our birthday, we arrived to cake and chocolate in our room as a happy birthday, the staff were lovely

Would have given this hotel an excellent all round if it wasn't for bathroom
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Didnt think bathroom was good enough for a 5* hotel in a deluxe harbour view room. Bath had chip in enamel which had been crudely repair. Tiled walk in shower was old fashioned and grouting was mouldy in one corner.

Great service & staff, excellent breakfast. Good location. Lovely bed. Wonderful views of Auckland from balcony @ night.

Excellent staff, great location, decor not high standard,some guests rowdy and uncouth sadly
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Harbour View

Restaurant FISH seriously under par for its price. Lacking professionalism and presentation. See above. Breakfast fine.

The stay was overall a little disapointing.Two main reasons. My partner a High Court Judge and I booked into the restaurant for dinner,FISH. We knew it would not be a inexpensive meal but we were very disapointed. The oof arrived less than luke warm. My steak appeared on a cold plate, the brocoli arrived in a white shallow container cold as was the bowl itself. The fries barely warm. Considering the prices listed the professionalism was lacking and frankly I doubt if we would return or recommend the restaurant. I carefully expressed to the waitress our concern and she relayed it to the chef who came back with a odd statement,"Don`t know how that happened." Seriously? The staff in all quarters were excellent and the room comfortable . The noise from other quarters however was disturbing, sound travels through those walls it seems. A great location but overall I felt the decor was aimed at a more casual group than we anticipated. Out of five stars i would rate it just making 3. Sorry about my summary but best to be honest for your future.

Right in the heart of the CBD.

Nothing to dislike here

Right in the heart of the CBD. Great waterfront location and close to all the Viaduct restaurants and bars. My favourite hotel in Auckland. Nice balcony rooms overlooking Auckland harbour.

Good and comfortable stay, needs some improvements

The so called heated pool remained cold even after complaining about it and we could never use it. Also, although breakfast was included, I was charged for it and it was cancelled only after some dispute with staff. The nearby area is undergoing some construction so not very attractive

Good breakfast, friendly staff

No value for money

I’ve had better rooms & service for less money- the shower recess needed maintenance, Internet was only free if you signed up to loyalty programs. We complained & got a discount but I didn’t need that stress. We found out from taxi drivers that lots of people say they’re not happy so they clearly don’t want to do anything about it.

Would diffinately stay again.

Just missing salt and sauce for room service breakfast and not enough tea bags or milk, had to ask, but they sent right up.

The bed was really comfortable, the staff were so helpful!!

The room needs a little upgrade but overall with the view and location, we enjoyed stay.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Restaurant: Minor but need to be addressed - for a 5 star hotel I expect the guy who walks you to the table to pull out the chair for you, but it didn't happen. I saw a different staff pulling out a chair for a lady at a table next to us and one wondered 🙄😁 We travel a lot Internationally so we do have that kind of expectation.

The location of the hotel and the greetings from the door guys to reception to staff you see in the corridors. Fantastic. The room we had with that view was amazing.

Fantastic quick visit.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

We did arrive back from our event around 9 so weren't expecting a full menu option in the bar area but didn't have any vegetarian options except a vege salad. Cocktails were very expensive. In room breakfast was very small for the price and very no frills for the price.

The staff where extremely friendly and the hotel was in the perfect location with amazing decor, making us feel like we were right there on the harbour but still warm and cosy with the foyer and bar fires. The room was beautiful and spacious with incredible views which we made the most of with a breakfast on the balcony. The doorman and receptionist we had were incredible.

Location and cute Amazing!
    • Suite with Harbour View

I stayed in a suite which costs $1000 per night and the view is worth it however it was noisy in the hallway with doors slamming which shook my whole room each time. So that was annoying when I was planning on a peaceful weekend with the view and there was a weird yellow stain on the bathroom floor but other than that i has happy as the view made up for most!!

Location and cute Amazing!!!

The bed was wonderful a super sized king that was extremely...

The bath could be a little wider, it is nice and deep but not wide enough for a couple to enjoy that is my only complaint.

The bed was wonderful a super sized king that was extremely comfortable. The views were amazing and the room was a very good size, the restaurant Fish is also amazing very good food and probably the best Buffet breakfast in the city. Staff were all very welcoming and helpful, would stay here again.

Hilton Auckland is a five star hotel in a wonderful location with friendly and courteous staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

We liked everything about the Hilton Auckland.

We stayed at Hilton Auckland for three nights. Our harbour front room was spacious, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The location is second to none, being opposite the Ferry Wharf and adjacent to Viaduct Harbour with many restaurants and bars within 5 minutes walk. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant on the first night and it was excellent in every way. We needed a business matter dealt with urgently and the Concierge went above and beyond to help us. He is worth his weight in gold! Every person on staff we came in contact with was unfailingly courteous, friendly and professional. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Auckland.

Relaxing.

Big concrete block on the balcony obstructed water view which we paid extra for.

They noted our wedding anniversary and a small chocolate platter was delivered to our room. Very much appreciated.

Excellent. Recommend,

Sharing MY balcony with other rooms!

The staff, especially concierge who went out of his way to track my luggage that hadn’t arrived. friendly and caring. We had a 3dY. Edging, and black tie function. Fish restaurant- staff and food were excellent.

Great location, hotel feeling tired and decor dated... pricey..

The hotel feels a little old and tired, decor dated. Parking is horrendously priced at $45... our room was basic, mold in the shower and just didn't feel overall very clean.. For $75 dollars we could have upgraded to a room with a sea view for just one night, this again just too pricey.. I would stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice.... I'd drink a Negroni in the bar again though!

The staff were amazing, warm, friendly and welcoming. The bar had a great view, live music and the bar tender made a fantastic Negroni..

The room we had, had a stunning view and the location of the...
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The greeting and service from staff was lacking. They wouldn't allow food/room service to be ordered to have in the outside area near the pool for lunch. The bathroom wasn't very clean and overall the decor is getting a little outdated throughout the room and lobby etc.

The room we had, had a stunning view and the location of the hotel couldn't have been any better. The deck off the room we had was a fairly large size for a hotel which was really nice. They also managed to accommodate an early check-in, which was helpful.

Bathroom was an excellent size, bed very comfortable, room...

Key didn't work, hotel tired overall - needs to be revamped, the walk to get to the hotel is scummy, the breakfast was very poor - we expected something special. Certainly not 4-5 star at all. more of a 3

Bathroom was an excellent size, bed very comfortable, room warm

Nice hotel and nice view should improve there food
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Didn’t get great Room and best view as I mention I am coming for my honeymoon, most of the rooms booked The in Room dining was disappointed , no tasty at all , Hilton should be much better cooked food The breakfast didn’t reach the expectation, no much varitiy, not great teast The Hilton hotel one of the best hotel in the world spouse to have much better food The sheets and the blanket of the bed not comfortable at all

Great hotel in Auckland Great view Super comfortable mattress The complametory gift and welcoming for my honeymoon

Bliss!
    • Deluxe King Room with Premium Harbour View

The whole experience was wonderful. Front desk staff were very courteous, room fabulous, bed very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was great, excellent selection, service and of course amazing views.

Great staff and food. A little more help and honesty goes a long way.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

I had to ring the main desk and get signed up for Hilton Honours to get the Wi-Fi. Is it really necessary to put a hold on my credit card for the Wi-Fi when as mentioned I ended up signed up to Hilton Honours for free? This should be organised at check in. Due to construction the view was of the ship loading yard. Not my idea of a harbour view at $500 a night. This was not mentioned at booking.

Great food and excellent room service at reasonable prices. The room was very comfortable although noisy when late night revellers returned. Excellent wine and dinner at the 'Fish' restaurant.

Nice but not worth the price tag
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Pool not a fair representation of photos . Much smaller and looking tired. Room was considerably less then I expected for that price tag . Bathroom was in need of renovations, or perhaps had been 1/2 renovated . Cracks and dirty grout . Toilet lid slammed every time you closed it , along with hearing the neighboring ones as well . Very poor soundproofing in rooms , could hear conversations as well.

Location . Bar and Resturant facilities were great . Staff were good .

The staff were very friendly, the facilities were great!
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Although our room was absolutely fine, no complaints, was clean, comfortable and had a lovely view of the harbour from our balcony, it was definately not worth the $707 per night that it cost us!

The staff were very friendly, the facilities were great! We had the buffet breakfast one morning which was fantastic, good variety and good value for money! (was a special of $29pp)

Enjoyable
    • Deluxe King Room with Premium Harbour View

Handling of lost property, accidentally left tablets behind which were located quickly but retrieval was unduly complicated and time consuming. Few amenities provided: no shoehorn, no shoe cloth, no clothes brush. Closet poorly designed, cannot close without catching hanging clothes.

Great views from room

Great breakfast
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The room had massive pillars in the way of the view, not what we had expected when booking, or for the amount of money paid for the room.

Great breakfast

Hotel good and staff did, after complaining, make amends but it should not have happened.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Hilton should be more honest when marketing harbour views - there is no harbour view when massive ocean liners are moored alongside the hotel! Also they can be very noisy when preparing to leave. Smart comments by an unhelpful (male) receptionist was less than helpful when guests arriving are tired and expect a smooth check in and the room "as described ".

Hilton reacted well to a poor "check in" experience and relocated us to a better room with harbour view. Only after complaining - which was instigated after a poor welcome by an upstart of an employee. To be told it was our room choice was somewhat irritating! See - what we didn't like!

Loved the location.

Hotel could do with a spruce up - paint peeling/rust stains on exterior of pool, bathroom had stains on glass and grout, breakfast was very ordinary, and exterior balcony was dirty.....cigarette butts!

Loved the location. Bed was really comfortable. The location is amazing, and nearby restaurants were outstanding.

Little bit of luxury
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Balcony had something smeared across it and needed cleaning. Not sure why but TV didn’t have channel 2. Staff members at reception came across a little rude at check in, as in we weren’t good enough to be there. Unsure if it’s worth the $500+ a night, but was an experience nonetheless.

Beautiful rooms, fantastic view of the viaduct harbour from our room, luxurious bathrooms. Makes for a relaxing stay. The buffet breakfast has everything and more than you can imagine.

Overall let down

We don’t stay in a fancy hotel often so when we booked we expected it to be better then a cheaper place. what we found was that it was no better then a cheap hotel the room. It was basic and the service was average and although when a mistake was made they did try to make up for it, it just strikes me as things that should not happen in a hotel like this in the first place. over all felt a bit let down

Room was clean. The door man was great probly the best staff member

Very disappointed in the front desk staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Harbour View

I arrived at 10 am. I was not able to get into a room until 3 pm. I was in the lobby waiting. I started checking with them at noon. A young female from the front desk came to talk to me about 130pm to check on what type of room I needed. She never came back to tell me my room was ready. At 3 I went to the front desk again, and she said my room had been ready for awhile but she was to busy to tell me. This was unacceptable. People arrive daily from overseas to stay at this Hilton, many have earlier arrivals than mine. The hotel should have more morning staff to turn over the rooms. Most people travel through a night to get to New Zealand; most of us are up for over 30 hours without sleep- why wouldn't a Hilton try to get their customers into their rooms as soon as possible?

The room was nice, the balcony overlooking harbor was wonderful but the furniture on the balcony falling apart- I got slivers of wood in my fingers from it.

Brilliant location, lovely staff - could do way better in room comfort.

No offer to take bags. Horrible bed/pillows - far too soft. We did ask and got better pillows but the bed was back breaking. Pilled sheets! I think that bothered me most as I expect to have top quality linen for a $500 plus per night room. No view!

Pleasant staff, valet parking. Handy to the viaduct. Great boat show! lol

great hotel, great location, we arrived after a very long...

this is an expensive and luxury hotel; we were surprised we were charged extra for parking, and parking was limited.

great hotel, great location, we arrived after a very long flight , and were given the buffet free of charge.

Ruined by rude staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The staff are the most rude, unfriendly and horrible in many years of international travel. For the money you pay this is unacceptable. They make you feel like a problem rather than a Guest.

Chocolate gift box was cool.

Great location and very friendly staff but it needs a lick of paint and a bit of updating.
    • Suite with Harbour View

The fixtures and fittings were tired and dated and the finish of the rooms was poor. There was grout falling out of the bathrooms and stains on walls.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the view and location were fantastic

Spacious, clean room with stunning views across the water...
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Spacious, clean room with stunning views across the water looking out at various cruise liners. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. A lovely welcome after s long journey!

Your staff need pay rises their service and interaction with us was what made staying here the best

there was always a smell in the lift that wasn't pleasant each time you were in the lift, it smelt like machinery burning smell.

Just WOW!! the staff were amazing and the service was outstanding! because of how polite and humble your staff are, they are the main reason why we will return and stay at the Hilton for all trips to Auckland. the location is perfect!

Good but expensive, the value is not there.

Price

It is a great location in the middle of Auckland, view is so so, depends of the room. Breakfast is nice. However there are great hotels around this area and they are cheepers.

Ok but not wow

We booked a King room but we were put in an accessible room in which beds were pushed together. Therefore one of us had no bedside table and no access to the lights and as the headboards were separate we had a large gap in which pillows disappeared and no head rest.

Great location and views of the harbour with great restaurants near by.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

We stayed at this hotel 3 week earlier and booked the same type of room. Unfortunately the room we had on the second visit was much smaller and much more expensive. The staff on reception to our request for a late check out were very unhelpful but I requested through booking.com and it was immediately was agreed!

The location of the hotel was great and the William the porter very friendly and helpful.

Nice. Could have been better though.

As above.

Hotel is too expensive. They nickel-dime customers. Great location, Petfect for taking a cruise. But does not meet all expectations. They charge excessively. They need to improve.

The location is excellent when you are going on a cruis, its...
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The room and the bathroom where not clean, dust everywhere.. The breakfast was ok.

The location is excellent when you are going on a cruis, its next to the cruise terminal. The staff was very helpful

Nice hotel, but over priced, just like most everything in New Zealand.

The pool wasn´t nice, narrow shallow, the website gave a completely different impression, and the hotel restaurant wasn´t very good?

I thought that the location was excellent and the staff were very friendly and professional!

The bed was great.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Cruise ship in dock for 12 hours. I understand this happens but they didn't tell me until 2 days before I arrived and they offered no compensation or adjustment for a $500 per night room. They should've told me when I booked. I tried to call concierge a few times and phone rang out unanswered. I was charged for an extra mini bar item I didn't consume Towels were a bit old

The bed was great. Room service was great. Room was very clean.

Great first night as a married couple, could have been better if we were able to order food!
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

we couldn’t order food as the kitchen was closed for maintenance. we came from our wedding and with too much fun you sometimes get carried away and forget to grab some more food so we were left to starve. we ended up getting uber eats instead at 3:30am as we kept waiting for the hotel to call us if the kitchen is open.

the room was very clean, smells good and great location. the bathroom has all necessities required. the beds were comfortable and clean sheets. they also gave us a great view room for our first night as a married couple.

Overall I like the friendly & good mannered staffs at the hotel lobby & the receptionists.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The housekeeping should do better job. Not too clean the bathroom & room as well. Have to ask face for tissues (finished) eventhough after they cleaned up the room.

Staffs are friendly, helpful & professional.

Staff were helpful, great location for boarding the cruise...

Shower wasn't clean, overall bathroom could of been cleaner. Stayed twice in this hotel. Before and after our cruise. First time we had to ask for new pillows as they had body odour on them and we wondered if the sheets had even been changed.

Staff were helpful, great location for boarding the cruise ship.

Enjoyable stay due to good facilities and friendly professional staff. Great location,.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

The pool area is a little bare. Could do with some sprucing up.

Staff were friendly, helpful & attentive. View from my room amazing . Great variety at the breakfast buffet.

Never again it was just awful
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

It was Noisy the food was below average we had to pay for a car park Room service was terrible they forgot cutlery didn’t listen to what I had specified No special touch for a birthday & the room was not what I asked for . For the price it was terrible

The bed

Good location; close to ferries and restaurants.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Understaffed in the Bellini Bar. The staff on duty were run off their feet during the peak times. Needed at least one more waiter.

Good location. Generally friendly staff.

Average hotel and over priced - rooms need an update and service need improving.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Service was pretty bad and rooms are a bit dated for the price you pay. When I arrived no one helped me with my bags into the hotel or offered to help me to the room. If this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel this should be mandatory.

It was an interesting location and close to lots of restaurants and bars down on the wharf. Overall it was just ok - definitely not worth the rate I paid. Next time I will try somewhere else.

Great location very friendly staff easy to go anywhere...
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbour View

Great location very friendly staff easy to go anywhere beautiful and cool with the sea breeze in the evening...staff made you feel right at home....would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice pleasant stay.

Stunning location

Lunch at fish was very disappointing. The tua tuas were tough under cooked and had a sauce which lacked flavour. The menu was very limited.

loved waterfront location and watching the ferries. The doorman was very friendly and helpful with luggage.

Browse Hilton Auckland traveller photo gallery