2. New Zealand hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Horse and Jockey Inn

Reviews of Horse and Jockey Inn

85 Arawa Street, 3400 Matamata, New Zealand

#26 of 26 hotels in Matamata

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Not the Green Dragon, but very good value!
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Pub a bit noisy with windows open at night, but not a big problem. Just part of town life. Room needed an extra chair or stool.

Inn is located above a popular pub/grill. Very secure access to Inn area using 1) exterior push button lock, 2) interior fob to hallway, and 3) key for room. Well-situated across the street from grocery and one block from main street shops & eating spots. Clean bathroom and great shower! Shared mini-kitchen with fridge at end of hallway was clean & quite helpful.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Terrible place

Unbearably hot in the rooms. Extremely loud music playing in the bar until 1am kept us awake. Staff at check in just half heartedly pointed us upstairs. Weird requirement to write down your credit card details on a form with a very grumpy yes you have to when queried. Photos extremely misleading as to what the bar looks like.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Adequate room to stay in for an overnight stay.

No TV to watch.

The room was adequate but lacking in facilities such as a TV to watch in the evening. You need to go down to the hotel bar to watch TV. Also the carpet just outside the bathroom was wet when we arrived presumably from the previous occupants having a shower without the curtain being pulled across.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

The staff were all super friendly and always there to help!
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff were all super friendly and always there to help! Turning up I was absolutely stunned by the room size, being way bigger than expected which was really great after the long ride up. Couldn’t be happier with my stay. Will be sure to come back!

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

A fleeting visit
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Had to have the window open for cooling and ventilation so the Noise from the courtyard was louder. But it was a Friday night nearing New Year.

Room was very tidy and clean. Bed was very nice and comfortable but the pillows were slim and not filled well. Shared Shower and Toilet was clean and pleasant to use. A fan was provided to help cool the room. Overall very pleased with our stay.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

Great location above a brilliant pub!
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

If you were there longer than one night you'd need more than the one coathanger supplied.

Great location as I was only there one night to go on the Hobbiton Dinner Banquet Tour. Room and bathroom very clean but very basic! Above a very nice pub as well. Lovely staff on Reception and in the Bar.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

This was awful and out me in a foul mood for the day.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

So disappointed. There’s a small gambling room and 2 people cut in front of us to get cash, and the staff didn’t say anything. This place is so overpriced. It’s basically a hostel with private rooms but they still charged $107.50! There was only one outlet available and you needed it for the squeaky fan since the all’s were so thin, you could hear other rooms. Also our booking.com rate wasn’t honored “because of new management”. I absolutely would not recommend this to anyone.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

5.5
    Expensive for what it was.....would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

I really didn't know this place was a hostal. It was tiny and kind of dumpy. The only good thing I can say about it was that it was close to Hobbiton. It was super expensive for what was delivered.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Suited our needs perfectly.

The music from the pub below was very loud until very late so if you are a light sleeper, that would be a problem.

Very good value for money. The staff were extremely helpful. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

NOT SUITABLE FOR LATE CHECK-IN
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The property advertises late check-in as an option as long as you give them advanced notice. I exchanged numerous emails and phone calls with the property to get instructions for late check-in. Instructions were to call on-site manager once at the property. We had been traveling for 49 hours, got to the property at 12:45am, and had to call the on-site manager SEVEN TIMES before he answered the phone! It then took him 12 minutes to come down. We got to our room at 1:53am. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Do not advertise late check-in option if THIS is the result. If you are getting there past regular check-in, do NOT stay here.

Rooms and bathrooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Nice place, clean and tidy, hot showers, good wifi...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

A little bit noise cause of the music outside but went off at 11pm. You need to connect to the WiFi again every 30 min or so

Nice place, clean and tidy, hot showers, good wifi connection despite need to reconnect after a while. Close to everything in town

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Lovely, simple accomodation and a last minute booking.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Lovely, simple accomodation and a last minute booking. The rooms are very small and you can hear everything happening around you, however it was perfect for what we needed for a one night stay so we could visit hobbiton!

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

The most pleasurable & relaxed hotel experience I have endured in a long time.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

If i have to be picky, the shower in between Room 4 & 5 was droopy & the water went EVERYWHERE. Otherwise, my stay overall, was amazing & faultless. The restaurant was also OUTSTANDING!

I absolutely LOVED the food & the bar staff were INCREDIBLE!!! My room was really lovely too. I loved how close to town this accommodation was & how it felt safe, war, & inviting. Having FREE WIFI was also amazing, as most places charge extra for that, cos they are tight pricks. I am confident to say I LOVED my one night stay & will most definitely stay again, if given the chance.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Great location for what we wanted to do, Hobbiton movie set.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

We stayed Friday and Saturday night and it is above a bar, can be noisy, but as long as you're aware of this, it isn't all that bad. No tv in the room, but again wasn't an issue for us, just fyi

Great location for what we wanted to do, Hobbiton movie set. It was a comfy and clean room, which was just what we wanted. We got a room with a private bathroom, and again clean and easy. No issues while there and the pub is nice, enjoyed the food and beers. Was airy and comfy bar

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

I was very nice & friendly place to stay.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was also above the pub area of the building. Been a Friday & Saturday night it was a noisy but did manage to get to sleep. If you were getting up early in the morning it is OK - but I was getting up about 6.15am to go to work.

I had a very nice meal on Saturday night even thou it was full - they found me a seat. The staff were very good & helpful. In fact when I came down for a drink and sat on a high seat & table I had my meal there.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Good value and a good place to stay to get the Hobbiton bus.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Bar closes at 9:00pm. YES. 9:00pm, even for residents of the hotel, yet the Juke Box plays until 11:30......Noisy. Go figure😒 Maybe a staff supervision problem?

Good value and a good place to stay to get the Hobbiton bus.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

A great night with granddaughter and grandies.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room1 was by the air conditioning outlet and was a little noisy on a hot night with the window open. Other than that, all good, naturally didn't hear it when asleep and the drink in the fishbowl really helped.

Stay there when in Matamata as I don't like early waking up to great grandchildren jumping on me at 7.30am. Very handy to everything in the great little town of Matamata.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

adequate.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

doors are extremely difficult to open. Staff was incredibly rude to me when I came to check in, telling me late at night that I just needed to wait because they were busy in the restaurant. I waited nearly 15 minutes to just check in! I felt like their bar was more important to them than their hotel guests and it was rude to make me stand there and wait with all my bags.

very good price

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Very clean and good for those wanting a lower cost room for the night
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

no soap in bathroom sink, no chair and tv in unit. There was a stool but not appropriate for relaxing on or reading from. Only one tea towel, and no visible teaspoon in shared kitchen

The place was very clean and staff helpful

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Redo the hotel part
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The personal didn't really care for me entering they just gave me the key and told me to push it in the mailbox when i want to check out. Free wifi was terrible didn't work 70% of the time. The second wifi didn't work much better. The rooms are very noisy. I could completely understand the conversations of the british girls in the room next to me.(never seen them but it was pretty clear because of their accents). Also the bar is below the rooms so you can hear the music to late in the night. Furniture was partial broken...... Really not worth your money.

It's located near matamata i-site and tge showers are really good.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Thought more of it as a expensive backpackers than an affordable motel
    • Family Room with Bathroom

The rooms lacked basic amenities, not all rooms had bathrooms, it was communal style (which is fine) our room (family room/room7) had a bathroom en suite however you had to walk through the private bedroom to get to it. which was annoying and defeated the purpose. Basic things like a mini fridge, a rubbish bin or even a place to sit were missing from the rooms. There was a communal fridge which was too small and overflowing. As a result,, the room became messy quickly as there was no where to place groceries or rubbish, we went grocery shopping and brought single use bags. For a modern / renovated looking accd, we would have assumed maybe a tv if at the very least a communal one given the nature of the accommodation but no, there was tvs down stairs in the bar but as a guest you don't always want to be sitting in the bar. There was live music on Friday evening which was expected and pleasant and we didn't mind but not ideal for travelers wanting a peaceful weekend away. Also the wifi wasn't bad however did not reach our room at the far end of the hall, I found myself having to walk down to the communal bathrooms to access this This are nit picky things but really basic expectations of a modern motel room in 2018 at this price point.

Staff were super friendly and welcoming, we were staying for a wedding and most of us had booked there so staff were accommodating and understanding of this. The rooms were very tidy and clean with modern bed and linen. Location was great only a few meters from the center of town and with the restaurant and bar below made it a convent place to stay. Countdown right across the road! The bar/restaurant is comfortable, reasonably priced and good food with pool table, lounged seating and a spacious courtyard

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

I wont stay their ever again i dont recomend it to anyone in the future.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Overall I don't recommend this place to anyone. Its very loud at night and is hard to sleep. The rooms smell like smoke and pretty dirty. I was also unable to connect to the wife after couple of hours trying.

The Staff and the bar from the food down stairs. the rooms are very private so that is a bonus.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Cheap but will pay more for better accommodation in future
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The room features were a bed and towels. No facilities to make a cuppa, no radio, tv, telephone or somewhere to even hang a wet towel! The bathroom more suitable for a Hobbit!!!! And VERY noisy! Did not deserve the rating that was given on Booking.com.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

That it was clean
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The noise at night. We wanted to eat there but was told by the staff manager that they could not serve us food as they have customers in already, they ended up taking our order and the food came out wasn’t the food we ordered.

That it was clean

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

The price was acceptable the facilities were convenient just the noise that put a damper on our nigh
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately the noise that came from the band in house on the Friday night. The only bright light in this time & space was the music was good, we found it hard to get to sleep.

The options of accommodation were limited as a last minute booking & no other places available. It was comfortable, staff were accommodating & did their best to make our stay good.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Below average
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Staff had no knowledge of the local area.music played till 2am in the morning and our room was on top of it. Swearing screaming and cars skidding went into about 3am . We stayed there as it was close to the Hobbiton Shire. I would never recommend this place

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

10/10 would recommend
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The accommodation was on top of the pub which was great as we could just pop down for dinner and my partner popped down for the NRL Grand final as well which was handy! The staff were absolutely lovely both at checkin and dinner time at the pub. Friendly atmosphere which was amazing and the location was just around the corner from the main street in Matamata. Bathrooms were clean, beds were very comfortable and the little kitchen was a bonus!

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

pretty good for quick overnight stay. Supermarket is close just across the Inn.
    • Family Room with Bathroom

i am a coffee person i love to have coffee in the morning. communal kitchen did not have enough facilities to provide coffee. no milk in the fridge. cups are dirty even though it has been washed by someone. Although the kitchen itself is tidy.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Good, did what I needed.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The noise from the outside beer garden

Bed Was comfortable, I asked for a basic room and that was what I got, i.e I did not need nor want bells and whistles, the room served the purpose for what I needed at a reasonable cost.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Good value for Money,superb freindly Staff
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The Room was very bland,featureless,a TV would have been welcome.Some Prints or something to reflect the character of the Hotel would be good

The Staff were Fantastic,very friendly,helpfull & professional,well done!Great Meal too.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Good value
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

I couldn’t connect to wifi for some reason. Tried all possible options on the password given. I did not ask reception to check. Was noisy till late on a Friday due to a bar on the ground floor.

The room is clean and tidy. Towels are new and thick. I love the location, easy access to great cafes and restaurants. There is even one cafe that is open at 5:00am.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Convenient stop over on the way to Hobbiton.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I knew that the bathroom was shared, they mentioned that when I checked in, so I really can't complain about that. It would have been nice to have a small desk or some place to set my luggage, and maybe a TV to watch. But no worries, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, I had fresh towels, and overall it worked great fro a one night passing through. My room was really geared more for a back packer or someone that wants just the basics.

The staff was amazing, especially for a last minute booking, I think I rolled into town and booked at 9pm or so. The pub downstairs was great, I wasn't in the mood for a beer when I first arrived, but after dropping off my bags in the room, I was downstairs having a beer while working on my laptop. The room itself was very basic and that was fine as I was only passing through. The location is just off of the main strip, which was fantastic in the morning. I woke up, and in a very short distance, I was eating at a local cafe. The locals and staff were fantastic, I almost stayed another night just to hang out with them and chat some more. This was a great city to use as a close stop-over to visit the Hobbiton farm.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Comfortable stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower heads need fixed in females shared bathroom. Maybe put some sort of step in there to climb into shower as it was a big step up.

Bed was super comfy, room was nice and warm very comfortable. Staff were super friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Not a great stay, but you get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The windows did not close properly. Very cold and very loud. The wifi didn't work in our room either.

Good location. Staff were friendly. Shower was good too.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and the staff too kind
    • Family Room with Bathroom

The internet service didn't work properly and there were a lot of automatic doors because the hotel was biside to one bar, so I needed walk all the time with the keys.

The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and the staff too kind

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Good
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There was a band that night and I got little sleep. It's a wee bit over priced for what it was.

Staff where excellent and very friendly as where the towns people.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

How quick and easy it was to book.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

For some reason my family and I were all having issues with the wifi connection

How quick and easy it was to book. The staff we friendly. The room size was perfect for me and my family and the beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Centrally situated
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Situated perfectly in town. Bathrooms nice and clean. Room was what we expected. No noise from the pub. Would stay here again when we are in Matamata

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

We paid about 50% more for the same great level of service...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

We paid about 50% more for the same great level of service elsewhere. We were expecting less just on said price and just blown away by everything being pretty much great.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Horse and Jockey the best!!!!

Absolutely nothing .

The accommodation was exceptional meals were huge and lovely. The staff were so friendly and helpful . Value for money without doubt. Location was fantastic as we did not have a car . Will definitely return here and recommend to others .

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

It was ok as a place to sleep in- this is not the place to unwind in

The room was way too cold. Entrance is through the bar -and hotel staff also service the bar- so we had to wait until they were through arriving their customers. The toilet and bath are way too cold! And there were Too few Electrical outlets.

Location was good- really near DK’s Fish and chips - whicj is the best we have tasked in this trip! Also right across the supermarket.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Affordable
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

From the photos I thought there was a jug in my room, but there's not. Been close to the door hearing the door bang every time people walked in and out. Big room, yet no table to put things or bench.

I had a bed for the night.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Everything the restaurant the food is really beautiful and...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The property was incredible the staff the management were all truly awesome

Everything the restaurant the food is really beautiful and for a vegetarian it was out of this world. Our room was so comfortable just brilliant

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Only the restaurant meal was to be remembered. Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

check in was very much like getting through an israeli border crossing. they require photo id, and to sight ones credit card saying that they dont trust Booking.coms details.

at least it was a bed to sleep in.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Everything was very clean and the staff were polite
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Some rooms didn’t have a bathroom like mine and was not clear that there was no bathroom on the website. I don’t mind if there’s isn’t a bathroom and there’s a public one but there should be lights in the public toilets, the lights didn’t not work for the sink area and also the main light was very dim and useless. It was a scary experience to go to the toilet at night time.

Everything was very clean and the staff were polite

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Clean shared bathroom.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

A staff did not manage my booking properly and sold out my room (Queen bed with shared bathroom) to others. Luckily, there was still a room left (Twin Bed with shared bedroom) when I arrived. The room was clean and warm, but I’d have preferred to stay in my choice of room.

Clean shared bathroom.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Location good
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Claims to be a hotel it is more like a hostel! Our room next to a kitchen where other visitors thought it was ok to party!

The staff were very friendly and the location was good for Hobbiton

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

I would happily stay there again
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very comfortable and clean room , The shared shower was owsome Very clean shared toilets The checkin process was quick and easy with very friendly helpfully staff

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

It was clean and tidy
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower rose was loose and wouldn't hold its position, making it near impossible to have a shower. No shelf or towel rail in the bathroom to put your toilet bag and towel on.

It was clean and tidy

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Clean, comfortable and cost effective. Great stay for a couple. LxR
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Induction should have been afforded, let guests know about shared kitchen especially, (We did know about shared bathroom) I didn’t see the s/kitchen (I may have missed it), as part of the advert lead in. So just to cover off , so that all your facilities are highlighted would be great as opposed to reading it on a card on the wall by chance, not everyone likes to read small print when all you want to do when your out and about is wash,eat, drink, sleep and leave in the morning.. Thank you so much for the stay though. Impressed at cost effectiveness, definitely value for money. LxR

Clean and comfortable, great shower/bathroom facilities.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Okay coldish in winter, and a little dated.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Mattress was a bit worn, Single glazing in winter makes the windows very damp. Kind of weird smell down in the pub, but not very noticeable in double room that regrettably had separate beds.

Staff was kind to mind our bags before checking in, always appreciated. Countdown supermarket accross the road, alltough we didn't buy anything there.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Great for low price and if you would like to hang out at pub below till midnight.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

No off road parking. Could hear the music thumping from pub below until 12.00am at night. Not suitable for children. No ventilation.

Cheap and centrally located.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

It was okay for one night
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The room we got was in front of the street. A lot of noise from the cars and the people passing by. They have a pub underneath the rooms, so, you can imagine how uncomfortable is when you are tired and want to sleep with drunk people around...

It was a really small room with two single beds. They had a heater, that helped us to keep the room warm. It was ok for one night. Around the hotel, there is some option for breakfast. Ask for a silent room.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Good value compared to cost other motels
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Room was as advertised., clean and warm. Small kitchen available with microwave, fridge and kettle., tea & coffee provided.. Supermarket across road if needed. Easy parking.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Served its purpose
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

This was used as a brief stop over after we did the evening banquet tour at hobbiton. Facilities were basic but that's what we expected. Room was clean and staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Very satisfactory stop point on journey across north island
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Mattress and pillow were a bit lumpy but I am quite fussy about these

Central comfortable spot with own access to accomodation. Spacious and clean rooms

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Value 4 Money
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Bed was to soft for my liking. Can't have it all.

Access to the property was very secure and we could come and go as we pleased. It was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Good location & cheap in price.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Convenient location, opposite supermarket, many restaurants next to hotel, near to Hobbiton Movie Set by car. Easy & free parking on weekend, just outside hotel at street parking. Friendly staffs. Cheap price.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

I thought all round the place was great, friendly staff and...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

the only thing that really needs a vast improvement is the WIFI, the signal was week in most places and it logged you out of the WIFI constantly which was a massive pain because you had to keep entering in a long code each time. this was a massive pain

I thought all round the place was great, friendly staff and kitchen with a fridge to store food in, free tea and coffee, thumbs up

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

It’s a quaint place with great food and a decent stay for the price.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I wasn’t fond of the constant trip upstairs or the lack of laundry facilities.

It wasn’t the most comfortable bed and we didn’t have a bathroom in our room. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly but the room itself wasn’t as up to par. I loved that it was in the middle of town so everything was within walking distance. No need to pay for a taxi or bus

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Great little room, but has its caveats.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Bathroom wall was not fully sealed from bathroom of room next door as they shared a window. Unfortunately this meant that we could hear everything going on in the room next to us.

Great location. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

good checkin and stay turned into big disappointment after checkout
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

had very bad experience, check into room on 4may 6+pm saw 2 bathing towels and 2 packet soap on the bed, checkout 5may 8+am, received email notice abt 1.30pm hotel will debit my credit card $40 for "missing towels", no mentioned how many towels missing, wrote 2 emails to hotel that my wife checked room before closing door, she saw 2 bathing towels on the stool/chair but hotel do not respond, it is their words against mine situation, so if you stay there, be wary of "missing towels" charges, very unfair practice, felt cheated.....

basic room, good size, need update

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Great central location, friendly staff, great food at the pub.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

People were great! I loved being able to pop down to the pub whenever I liked. Please be aware that this is essentially a room to sleep in, not a 4-star hotel. If you go in knowing that, you'll have a great time. I do recommend getting the private bathroom.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

It was very basic but the staff were wonderful and the food...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

It was very basic and the shower was difficult to access

It was very basic but the staff were wonderful and the food was exquisite I will certainly stay again

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Could of stayed longer to enjoy the area
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Television more toilteries coffee and sugar in the kitchen

The inn has a convenient location, however because we arrived at 9pm just after there was no entertainment a TV would of helped.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

not for me

Sharing a bathroom at the end of the corridor

This is ideal for backpackers but unfortunately it was not what we were expecting or planning on. Sharing bathrooms are no longer something I'm prepared to do but it was my mistake when booking.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Perfect place to sleep for the money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The wifi was a little spotty and I wasn't provided with shampoo.

This place serves its purpose. If want a place to stay and do not want to share a room(a hostel) this place is perfect.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Ex
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

I couldn't pick fault with it

The staff where very friendly & helpful. Everything was clean & tidy & the price was right. I would stay again anytime

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Room was basic but good value as we only needed a bed for...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Room was basic but good value as we only needed a bed for the night with a shower and toilet. Wouldn't stay there for a long stay but 1 or 2 night's would be ok and was handy to where we were going. Receptionist was friendly.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

The bed was comfy.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The light in the tea room upstairs didn't work at night. Also the shower was too high for me as I'm short. But it was worth it for what we paid. The wifi wasn't working in our room. Our main reason to come was Hobbiton though not going on Wifi in the hotel.

The bed was comfy. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Lovely

We were late in arrival. The lovely people at the place kept the pub open late and saw to it that we were happily fed and cared for before we went to the room. They were friendly and kind.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Fantastic for Hobbiton Tour
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff here were exceptionally friendly, we were very impressed when we arrived and were given the option of a room change to something that would suit our needs better. The hostel bathrooms were clean and tidy and towels were provided which is always a nice extra. The location is perfect for the Hobbiton Tour, which leaves just around the corner. There is a great selection of cafes and pubs around the area, however we ate in the pub and the food was delicious.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

I suppose we got what we paid for and it worked for us.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

No face cloths/flannels, no hairdryer, room light took minutes to give a decent light, only just sufficient power sockets - three weren't working, no clothes hangers, shower had very limited movement.

Convenient location and clean

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Excellent location, friendly staff.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I wish they’d remodel and improve the facility...I wouldn’t mind paying a lot more to stay there if it’s cleaner and more open or at least has an air condition unit. I couldn’t open the window for some fresh air.

Excellent location, friendly staff...perhaps what you paid is what you get...

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

I was in town to see Hobbiton, and the location was very...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I could not get the window in the bathroom to shut all the way, and a lot of bugs got in at night. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but certainly not terrible and didn't ruin my trip.

I was in town to see Hobbiton, and the location was very convenient for that. The staff was friendly, and I enjoyed my stay

We Price Match