Reviews of AVANI Metropolis Auckland Residences 4.5 stars

40 Kitchener Street, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#36 of 167 Holiday rentals in Auckland

• Superior One-Bedroom Suite

Love this place, I have now stayed twice and will definitely be back. Clean quiet room with big comfy bed, nice bath and balcony. Loved the pool, spa and sauna facilities. Excellent location and great staff.

• One-Bedroom Park Suite

Staff both the Manager and the girl at the front desk who greeted me was Asian girl cant remember her name she was so nice, Manager was super wonderful .only think I would like to add is if you can get a better more thicker mattress for the baby cot , that was the only I would say about the baby cot to get a thicker mattress . Thank you

• One-Bedroom Suite

Kitchen floor and utensils could have been cleaner. Gave floor and cutlery a clean before using. Over bathshower had no grab rail, bit precarious to get in and out. One bed apartments are quite small, but they fit it all in.

Compact one bed apartment with good views over the city. Very comfortable clean bed with nice linen. All you need for self catering. Full washing machine and drier - so could catch up on washing after 3 weeks on the road. Large flat screen TV with free Sky. Comfy lounge. Reception friendly and helpful. Good value in the heart of the city.

• One-Bedroom Park Suite

Booked parking 2 Weekes in advance only to be told it was not available. The morning of check out shower was cold which was just ridiculous.

Beds were really comfortable, rooms were equipped with all the essentials.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bathroom needs redecorating. Some of the grouting was discoloured/missing. Pillows for me were to high, gave me neck pain

Location. Friendly staff. Space. Quiet

• Superior One-Bedroom Suite

Overall good value. The furniture was bit old and the bed was small but otherwise fine. Only problem was when I asked reception to book me a taxi to airport was offered a cash only no receipt transfer for $40. When I said it's for work - I need a receipt and I wanted to book a set price $45 transfer they said yes - but booked me a super dodgy guy, who seemed to know the people at the front desk and charged me $115 in an old crappy taxi. So just beware of what taxi they book you if you ask for this! Otherwise it was a good stay.

Great location. Good price.

• One-Bedroom Suite

unfortunately our carpark was occupied by another vehicle, when we approached the service desk, they offered us another carpark but failed to tell us it was on another level, which we spent 15 minutes trying to find, although the staff were generally friendly and helpful, they weren't on this occasion.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Wifi was literally the worst I have ever experienced and reception were literally unable to help or assist with the problem.

Bed v comfy and apartment clean and well appointed

• One-Bedroom Suite

Since you mention the wifi, it was slow and poor. There was a problem that I could only get my email once per login. I don't have this problem elsewhere, so I suggest it is probably a caching problem.

Lovely room and facilities. No problems

• One-Bedroom Suite

The pool area is great. Dharmil and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel is a short walk to the Albert Park, the waterfront and Britomart.

• One-Bedroom Suite

- The apartments are slightly uphill, but it’s not too bad.

-Comfortable room, spacious too -Good facilities like the pool in particular (also jacuzzi and sauna) -Very helpful and accomodating staff - Nice views -Laundry facilities in the room

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Would have loved to have king single beds instead of standard but bed was very comfy!

Rooms were well equipped, towels were lovely and fluffy! Great to have a bath sheet rather than just a towel. Kitchen had mostly everything we needed, could have used a bread knife for platters & flutes for champagne but otherwise great

• One-Bedroom Harbour Suite

Thick Egyptian cotton sheeting on the bed, I'm guessing so when you moved about in the bed, it was rather noisy, irritating and partner disturbing.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There was an odour in the bedroom. Almost like a dappy dog house at times. Every night before bed we had to drench the bed and the area around the bed with lavender drops so we could sleep. However one morning doing yoga on the floor, I realised it could be the carpet that had the odour. I requested for a sweet gesture upon arrival in our room for my partners birthday since I was surprising him but the request was not fulfilled that way.

Location - close to Auckland central. Convinient - close to countdown which is like their Woolworths.

• One-Bedroom Suite

It was a little hot and didn't know how to use the air conditioning. Be sides that it was very nice.

The bathtub, quality of the room and kitchen also having access to the pool at spa my nightlight

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

The apartment was good but needed a bit of a revamp.. one of the windows didn't close and lots of marks over the walls and doors. Location was great. I hadn't stayed in that area of Auckland CBD before so tried out new places to eat and drink.

The pool and spa were great after a day of walking around.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Room wasnt cleaned, linen not changed. Given the price you would expect this. Seperate car parking charged, given proximity to town could forgive this. A friendly cockroach came to visit in the bathroom, when i mentioned this on checkout i was told thats not ideal. Also takes them two to three business days for your deposit for damages to be released per standard practice, this is not standard, the hold should be released immediately, also this was not mentioned when it was taken, staff werent interested in it being an issue for me when i checked out.

Large spacious room. Central location. Nice views. Comfortable beds. Seperate lounge is a great feature. Great kitchen, decent sized fridge and washing machine and dryer.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Didn’t like the walk in shower, as water just went everywhere. Our shampoo, conditioner, shower gel etc were never replaced during a 3 night stay. I called reception to enqire and they asked if I could come down to collect some rather than delivering as housekeeping had not replenished our supplies...the hotel offers complimentary Ghd’s but I called on 3 different days and the one pair they had was always being borrowed by someon else. I realise these are very small matters but thought I’d mention. The gym equipment is very old and a little rusty.

I liked the room style and view, nice and spacious with good amenities and location. Comfy bed. Enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I couldn't sleep, as the weekend noise was incredibly loud from local bars. My daughter wasn't affected by it too much though, and the noise level during the day was fine. Also, there was no television reception until the early hours of Sunday morning, due to "atmospheric conditions".

Lovely apartment. It was clean, attractive, and in a very convenient location. The pool and gym looked great, although we didn't use them. Beautiful building.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Our room was not made up for one of the days. Washing up detergent not replaced, dishwasher detergent not replaced; etc. The bed was never made.

I don't know what you are talking about.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom wasnt very clean, with the last customers poo still in the bottom of the toilet. There were also bogies wiped on the couch and for the money paid there werent any things probided. Just teas and some soap. The front of house acted too good for his customers and didnt seem willing to help. It didnt feel worth the money we paid.

I liked that they provided vice on the television

• One-Bedroom Suite

Did not change bed linen once during our stay. Apparently it’s not included when you pay $300/night for 5 nights! Also hate booking a king bed only to get two singles pushed together with an uncomfortable ridge down the middle!

Amazing location, great view, pool spa and gym were great, nice spacious room

• One-Bedroom Suite

A few missed instructions at check in but nothing that impacted on our stay

Good view. Staff were accommodating and friendly. Bed was really comfortable. Within walking distance to everything we wanted to do and see.

• One-Bedroom Suite with City View

A large very comfortable apartment with seperate sleeping area. The kitchen has a full size fridge and all the equipment need to cook a meal. View of the Skytower at night were pretty. The unit contains a full size washing and drying machine.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The room was $700 and once we arrived seemed very over priced for what we got. It was our honeymoon so we thought we would splash out, but may as well spent half the amount.

On a plus side, the bed was super comfy and the staff were helpful

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very comfortable bed and pillows, top quality bedding and the apartment we had also had a bath as well as a shower. Great staff - very helpful and friendly. It was sheer luxury and i would definitely go back.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Several of the lights in the room either didn't work, or worked intermittently. Not a big deal, just a little annoying.

Always my favourite place to stay in Auckland. The locaton cannot be beaten, and the apartments are spacious and well equipped.

• One-Bedroom Suite

two windows curtain can not cover the gap between them. Maybe it is a pb for family living.

Staff is very nice. The location is good, easy to queen street, and many various taste restaurants around the hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I forgot to reserve parking so had to go elsewhere as there is not much parking available.

Location is fantastic. Quiet but just one block from the heart of Auckland.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bedroom of 1 bedroom apartment was too small to fit 2 large suitcases in the room - had to use other space. Not tragic. Main beef was the bathroom - the shower just flooded the bathroom floor because the door seal/water trap was missing, and the bathroom floor sloped up to the floor drain. (Electrically powered) towel rail fell off the wall when touched. Pointed out these maintenance issues to the staff but nothing was done, not even extra towels to help with the soggy floor. Didn't bother to complain that the bathroom lights were faulty and went on and off at random of their own accord.

Very nice apartment hotel with an excellent mid-CBD location - can walk to anywhere in the CBD with ease. Right on Albert Park, so a nice aspect from the front door. Easy to walk to city eateries etc. Parking was a little expensive, but for once was very well organised, with a space designated to the room. Well equipped apartment. Maintenance issues took the edge off this being an awesome place to stay.

• One-Bedroom Harbour Suite

The maid broke a wine glass and didnt let us know and left some shards in the sink but a quick call down stairs to let them know stopped me being charged for it.

This was the nicest place we stayed in two weeks of travelling around the country. Everything was amazing. Great views, fantastic location, good car parking (some beautiful cars in that garage). It was the cleanest place we stayed in and I am a germophobe and normally clean everything with disinfectant but I felt very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and an actual king size unlike some places that tried to pass off a queen as a king. The lobby and elevators were well maintained and reception were very obliging. Very close to a variety of restaurants and tourist attractions. Very spacious and clean bathroom. Great hot water and water pressure. Fantastic washer and drier, dish washer, fridge/freezer, tea and coffee facilities and toaster, convection hot plate and oven, comfortable living space with good range of tv channels. Bedroom can be closed of by privacy sliding doors allowing people to sleep whilst the living area is used by others. Full size ironing board and iron and security safe with plenty of closet space. Will definitely stay here again when we come back.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Harbour View

The brand of tea selection. Dilmah would be a must. The brand that was on offer was rubbish in my opinion. Hot water in the building is slow to run at a comfortable temperature and even then it is too cool.

Have stayed here before and the property is still operated at a high standard, Facilities are excellent as is the location.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Opening Special

No onsite restaurant available, housekeeping not necessarily included in the price, housekeeping not available after 4pm.

Serviced apartment included everything you need for a short stopover, washing machine and dryer were especially helpful. Short walking distance to restaurants and cafes. Staff made early check-in possible.

• One-Bedroom Suite

What didn't i like? I loved it here, we specifically came here as it close to our favorite Korean eat out - Pocha, but it did exceed my expectations. It was quiet a swank apartment to stay in, but not so swank to make you feel out place. The room was very tidy and the bed was extremely comfortable - the most comfortable I've stayed in yet in my short hotel / apartment history. it had all the self sufficient facilities you need - dryer / washing machine / oven ect. The pool area was very nice equipped with two spas a sauna - which i lived in, and a nice view of the sky tower. I believe the pool was salt water infused also, the staff were lovely and helpful as i had initially been overcharged, but this was quickly and easily rectified.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Circulation in rooms wasn’t great but got better when all the doors were open.

Amazing view of Auckland harbor! Great amenities in room including laundry.

• Superior One-Bedroom Suite

Cleaners let this hotel down. They had very limited time to clean and always rush us. Second day We called and asked them to clean, staff in cleaning department who answered the phone promised but when we came back room wasn’t cleaned. We called to ask he said we hung do not disturb sing on the door but we actually hung please clean our room on the door. Third and forth day they came to clean but didn’t hoover the carpet ! Internet is a bit slow and have to keep locking in. Most hotels now provide free and fast unlimited internet. Everything else is excellent. Shame about the cleaners that they employ. They need to look into this to improve the excellent property that they have.

Great location. Lovely large room with amazing views. Lovely welcome for our anniversary. We got upgrade to two bedrooms. Thank u.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant or kitchen, so you have to go outside to get food.

Everything was great: the location, the cleanliness and the comfort of the room. Also, there is a gym, heated swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna that the hotel guests can use for free.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Our room was no where near what the photos are on your website! Our consiegee did not ring to wake us up as requested early Sunday morning! Parking $35 a night when it’s $10 at public carpark!! The cost for both nights was not worth it! Wouldn’t recommend your facilities!

Nothing, it was not friendly like all other hotels we have stayed at! I felt like I was invisible since getting to check-in when one of the staff was busy and the other one trying to look busy with no one to serve! -0 Rating from us!!

• One-Bedroom Suite - Opening Special

The shower temperature dropped to cold water at one point after only being in it for 5 minutes maximum, not too sure what happened there.

Very comfortable beds, awesome view, and beautiful bathroom. Close to everything. Great staff who were always friendly and also gave us a complimentary bottle of wine.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Booking.coms handling of my reservation. I will never use Booking.coms service again.

All gratefulness and appreciation to Ahmed and Melody for their amazing hospitality, understanding and patience with sorting out my confusing reservation that Booking.com had made several errors. Had it not been for the wonderful hospitality and kindness shown by these two amazing staff members I do not think I would have coped under the circumstances. Thank you so much Melody and Ahmed you made our stay perfect. We look forward to staying at your establishment more in the future. Avani Metropolis will be our first choice of accomodation when travelling to Auckland because of both of your kindness friendliness and compassion shown in your brilliant customer service skills. This hotel has amazing views, convenience for all shopping and dining. All Of our needs were catered for. We felt very much cared for. From my family to you. Thank you all so much.

• One-Bedroom Suite with City View

The shower was pretty bad. The head was very loose and water shot out all over the place which meant there was no real pressure or much downward flow.

Great view. Lovely room which was comfy. Very good location

• One-Bedroom Suite

We stayed over the weekend. It can be really noisy in the late hours from the pubs and bars nearby. TV in the room was not working. Signboard at the main entrance isn’t prominent enough. Very easy to miss it and it can be inconvenient for guest checking in at late night.

Location is ideal and easy access to Queen St and High St.

• One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Incorrect address in Booking. Com website. Guest entrance is actually on Ketchener. Sparsely furnished Living Room.

Serviced apartment in a large residential building in an excellent location. Comfortable accommodations.

• One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Our power tripped out twice. A glass jug was broken in the cupboard. Also I have not received my $75 bond refund yet. My bed was made without changing the linen and it had makeup marks on a pillowcase and marks on the duvet when we arrived was hoping for thorough cleanliness being our honeymoon

Cleanliness,

Customer Service.

I dealt with two staff - one at the end, and rest of the time with the same person who checked us in. He was an extremely rude person. He shouldn't be in customer support. He put up a body language that could be translated us "I don't want to be here" ..The hotel, overall location, etc is fine. Let's leave it at that. But our entire experience was ruined by this one clerk.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Can get noisey, even high up but slide doors are pretty soundproof when closed. No minibar but that was fine also. Small Indian convenient store around the corner.

Bed was super comfy, room was clean, view was incredible and we were able to check in earlier than usual. Great location too, everything is a short walk away- bars, restaurants, supermarkets, sky city and the waterfront are close as well. Would def stay again!!

• Superior One-Bedroom Suite

Entrance and lobby area is not impressive We thought the price we paid was well more than reasonable

Fantastic view from 26th floor. The unit had all we needed and was nice and quiet

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

This was a perfect stay, I felt very comfortable. Room was big, clean and very well equipped. Staff was nice and helpful. Great view from the balcony. Shower was particularly relaxing and with good water pressure. A few minutes walk to the city centre.

• One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Housekeeping quite erratic. Sometimes full service, clean towels, etc. Other days half done, I.e. Bed made, clean towels. Another day 1 clean towel but used towels left in the bathroom. Confusing!!

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Wifi limit of 1GB per day, and required to re-signin daily. One disadvantage to the great city location is that facing the city side, it can get noisy on Thur-Sat from nearby bars that are loud past midnight.

Clean room, well located in CBD. It's like a studio apartment in the sky. Even had little packets of washing machine powder.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Would have been nice to have drinking chocolate on offer for non coffee/tea drinkers

The hotel room was spacious and comfortable. Enjoyed the pool and the spa numerous times

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Some of the build quality in the room wasn't great (the door to the bathroom couldn't "click" closed because the latch on the door was higher than the catcher).

Staff were particularly friendly and attentive - front of house staff were excellent. Location was fantastic, room was clean and tidy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

A little Noisy from other guests.

Very nice Apt Hotel. Very comfortable room, good Wifi . Full size fridge, Balcony and comfortable room. Fairly large size also. Nice Swimming pool on the 8th Floor along with two jacuzzis and a small gym.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Check-in was a bit robotic and $35 per night for parking is extreme.

Great location and view of downtown Auckland. The room was comfortable and in very god condition.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Harbour View

The bed we had was far too hard for our liking, entrance was also slightly confusing to find but once found was easy to get to.

Great location, close to the main Queen Street district and the various ferries, the room was a good size with plenty of room to walk around, our balcony had a spectacular view of the city from the 17th floor.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

Nothing that could be helped, someone was already parked in the carpark allocated to me and I was given a spot in front of the hotel which I was less than rapt with as it wasn't locked up or secure.

The check in man was super friendly and helpful, the room was lovely with a great view over the water and would have been perfect for a longer stay with full kitchen facilities, but also nice for just one night! Nicely furnished and decorated and all you could need in a room. Great location right in the middle of town without being in a noisy area.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Very early fire alarm that seemed to be a false alarm in another part of the building - pre 7am on sunday morning. No expectation to get out but was certainly an early and loud start for no apparent reason.

Great pool and sauna. Very compact room but had everything we needed and it was all very well kept. The location is ideal - we were visiting a daughter at Auckland Uni - and you are close to great food venues and shops.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

The window was not sound-proof. It's located in city centre with many restaurants and bars around, it's quite annoying that you had all these party music accompanied you every night while you tried to get some sleep.

Location was excellent, many attractions and stores were within walking distance. Nice view of harbor from our room. It also provided a lot of environment-friendly products which was great, we should all do something to keep our Earth beautiful and healthy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

Due to renovation, sometimes smell is a little sharp in room. Need open window. Parking is nzd25 per day.

I appreciate for early check in. Location is super, close to those banks I got biz and surrounded by restaurants, shopping sites and park. Staff is friendly.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

Room decor and furniture quality a little industrial / generic feeling.

The saltwater pool, spa and sauna facilities were stunning -- remember to pack your togs!

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

The housekeeping standard was inconsistent. Most days the bed was not made properly, often wrong bath linen was left and floor did not seem to receive a proper vacuum over our seven nights

The location of this property was a standout for me although front desk staff were also superb. I really enjoyed the heated, 20 metre indoor pool with spa and it was a good exercise option for rainy days.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

The hotel room has an extraordinary view with perfect living facilities. Location is 12/10 within 5 min walk to town center, sky tower, Auckland Harbour and other famous tourist attractions. Room service along with the reception service is really considerate and thorough. Here I wanna give credit for Melody, a really warm-hearted recipient. She did an excellent job in sorting out my bond refunding and luggage storage. I will definitely book this hotel again when I visit Auckland in future.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Park View

We were grateful for the kind member of staff on reception offering us an upgrade on arrival to a floor where we had more privacy and views. The room was very clean and spacious and the bedrooms and bathrooms well prepared. The location is perfect for walking to shows (Civic and Aotea), as well as the restaurants, cafes and nightlife. Highly recommended.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

Furniture in accommodation was very tired and marked. Needs replacing. The carpet was nice and new but the rest of the refurbishment needs to be done.

Comfortable bed and very clean

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

The couch and pillows were very hard. Pillows on bed were a bit high and hard but the bed was amazing. A wee booklet of key points would be good. How far to spark arena/sky city etc. Maybe idea of a few places to eat within walking distance. These places were easy to find but i guide is always handy. Or room service.

Room was lovely. Great view. Amazing large comfy bed.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

some of the wineglasses and plates where dirty when we arrived , but it wasn't a big deal rinsed the glasses out,

the deluxe room on the 29th floor had a amazing view of the harbour ! large spacious bathroom ! staff where friendly and helpful when i requested a extra bed ! everything is close by shops/restaurants/movies etc ! the indoor pool and spa pool is a must when staying at the metro

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

We are guests of 2804 from Sep 9th to 11th. The location of this hotel is very good, just 3mins walk to queens street and you can also see the sea on the balcony. Facilities of the room are satisfactory as well. The best part of hotel is the service. Thanks to the staff named Melody who gave us the most passionate service and help us a lot. She said she was still a trainee,I hope this comment can be an encouragement to her.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

Melody at reception was absolutely brilliant. She was professional but friendly and was genuinely interested in her guests. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Thank you Melody for making our stay very special.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with City View

They return bond a week after

Okay so the staff named Melody. She's one heck of a person. She remembered various times and different visits. Extremely sweet and cute receptionist. She bring out that positivity that makes you more excited about the venue and places around. She recommended some great places and also was super friendly and got me more amazing room on 30th floor with Viaduct, harbour and city view. I'd go back for many reasons. Room was clean and it was super fun.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

Only problem is parking as they didn't have available the first night, there is plenty around but it all costs which is a drawback.

Bed was fantastic, view was great, room quiet and spacious , very nice. The gym, 25 m pool, spa and sauna are really lovely also.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

Kettle didn't work, only one towel, parking is secure but pretty expensive saying you are already paying a premium for the room. Had to fix the TV to get it all working again.

Great location just off Queen street.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

The room was very spartan. It needs a few decorations like pictures. A mirror in the bedroom would be very helpful. Be a little bit more generous with the furniture. The lock on the lounge door was broken. I did not think that the room I got was anything like the photo's that were shown on the website. I think it was good value. Better tea and coffee and more milk

Melody the receptionist was the best part about the hotel. Her friendly smile and helpfulness were exceptional. The location was very good. The hotel was very clean.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with City View - Opening Special

Room was very well equipped and great view of Auckland and the harbour. Swimming pool was lovely. Walking distance to britomart, viaduct and queen street was good.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nothing really

The receptionist Melody was the sweetest. Her customer service was amazing. I wasn't able to meet the rest of the staff but with the way they've trained Melody I'm pretty sure they are just as nice.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Apartment with Harbour View - Opening Special

Some of the kitchen utensils were not very clean when we arrived. Deep cleaning is only done once a week so for a five day stay our room was not as clean as desired at the end.

Great location. Wonderful view from the window. Comfortable bed.