Reviews of QT Museum Wellington 4.5 stars

#6 of 54 hotels in Wellington

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

good location , nice hotel
    • QT Superior King Room

bathroom too dark. could not see to put makeup on. air con would not work but they did move us to another room straight away.

bed comfy. room decor. staff,

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great relaxing time
    • QT Harbour View King Room

Bathroom was pathetic. No heated mirror, no shelf in shower for shampoo etc, no coat hooks for clothes, bath too small for 2, faucet right over your thigh. Towel rail too small and not heated.

View comfy bed, helpful staff, tea and Nespresso, location and loved the art and Hot Sauce restaurant.

Incredible art
    • QT Superior King Room

The tv signal was terrible they were having problems with damage to the equipment on the roof with all the work going on but would of expected them to fix it was out for two of the three day we were there. The sky Chanel's still worked but couldn't watch the local news.

The staff were very friendly and the hotel art is amazing. It's close to te Papa and eateries.

Great modern hotel near Wellington's waterfront. Slightly more polish would make it world class.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

In the Hotel side, there were limited TV channels (particularly for kids) and no DVD player. The room service menu was a little limited. Staff could have been more polished.

Clean well appointed rooms, great bathroom and bed. Friendly welcoming staff and stylish, modern interiors. Cosy bath robes.

Best location money can buy
    • QT Superior King Room

We arrived on the late/early flight into Wellington. Greeted with a nightcap port..got given the late 1pm check out. Most comfortable sleep quite clean and friendly.

Loved the dark walls, the art, the private, quiet, quirky...

N/a

Loved the dark walls, the art, the private, quiet, quirky comfortable room. It was wonderful being able to relax in a bath before falling into the very cosy king size bed. The room was a quiet, luxurious sanctuary in the middle of a busy city. It was so easy to walk along the water front, shop or enjoy any of the close cafes. I will definitely stay here again.

The room was so hot - air conditioner just would not working...
    • QT Superior King Room

The room was so hot - air conditioner just would not working properly on the last night - we told them at check out and they discounted our phone bill. very friendly at the hotel.

This is one of my favourite hotels I have ever stayed at.
    • QT Superior King Room

Only criticism is the gym is a little dated and could do with a refresh.

This is one of my favourite hotels I have ever stayed at. Very cool art, great staff, food is fantastic, rooms are styled beautifully and although they are all very similar they feel unique!

Great place to stay
    • QT Superior King Room

Really enjoyed our stay, The room was really nice, especially the bathroom wow. The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. Will stay again in the future.

Excellent service, facilities and central to everthing!
    • QT Superior King Room

Staff were unfailingly professional, friendly, helpful, pleasant ... made it all a pleasure. Facilliites lovely - clean, well appointed, easy to find, central. Appreciated the stay. Had a GREAT breakfast on the day I left ... best eggs hollandaise I've had ... hot plate, beautifully presented. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Restaurant service and food was great.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

For a double room, just one chair was provided ... meant we both couldn't sit down at the same time. Hotel info book said Gym was on the 1st floor and free for guests. Took me 10 minutes and asking of 2 staff to find it was in a different wing of the hotel and a different elevator system than where we were staying. And then hadto go back to reception on the ground floor for a pass key... something not mentioned in the hotel info sheets.

Restaurant service and food was great.

Quirky Hotel with great facilities.
    • QT Superior King Room

TV reception cut in and out on certain channels, but nothing that really bothered us.

Room had a comfy bed, the hotel had a great vibe and some amazing artwork to look at. Lots of great extras in the room. Gym and pool facilities were a nice addition to an already fabulous hotel. A great stay in a wonderful city!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Such an interesting place & sone real great staff!!
    • QT Superior King Room

The buffet breakfast could have had more fresh choices & a bit better service with rhe coffee but thats being fussy. Beautiful room & great view. Would have liked a little balcony

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

very good bed and location, good design style
    • QT Superior King Room

the hotel make a mistake, put other people's stuff in my room, i have to wait to 3 PM to check-in, I arrived the hotel at 1 PM, I ask the hotel to put my baggage into the room after the check-in, the hotel fail that too, i have to ask the waiters again to make sure my baggage be sent to my room

very good bed and location, good design style

A superb example of how a well operated Hotel.
    • QT Harbour View King Room

There was noisy construction work at the time of our visit - but we were moved to a quieter room and all was well again.

The art everywhere was fantastic and merited an explore of all floors to take it in. Staff were brilliant and accomodating. Very professional.

Good getaway
    • QT Superior King Room

The bed is a bit too soft for me. The shower without a door is not practical, and no place in the shower to place shampoo and stuff.

Staff super friendly and helpful. Public area is very arty. The location is great, just opposite Te Papa and a short walk to Cuba street and Courtney place. Enjoyed the Hippo restaurant too, amzing food and wine.

Next time I visit Wellington for an event near Courtenay Place I will try for accommodation here.
    • QT Superior King Room

Room was upgraded which was most appreciated. Decor and character of room was most interesting and a talking point with guests who visited after a show which was only a short walk away. Very well stocked mini bar. Delightful view from restaurant. Charming staff.

Amazing place, shame about the Aussie Bogans :(
    • QT Superior King Room

Noise travels easily through the hotel walls, I was kept awake by bogan idiots from Australia. Had very little sleep, went to a meeting in Wellington and couldn't stay awake. No fault of the hotel, just bad guests. I was moved to another room the next night, but similar issues.

Amazing place, just ruined by idiots

Disappointing. I've stayed at the hotel before where I was very impressed.
    • QT Superior King Room

Bath was running whilst showering. Rapidly pooling at your feet. Linen cupboard located outside our room and staff noisely accessing it late at night and having long, loud conversations early in the morning. Wanted an uninterrupted sleep due a rare night out from parenting preschoolers so was frustrated to be disturbed so often.

Everything else such an amazing hotel.
    • QT Superior King Room

The air con didnt work properly & I was freezing.

Everything else such an amazing hotel. Its beautiful in such a great location & we got an upgrade.

Great location, lovely boutique hotel. We plan on staying there each time we visit Wellington
    • QT Superior King Room

No there was nothing we didn't like.

Love the artwork and quirkiness of the hotel lobby, rooms very comfortable. Also love being able to have a decent coffee maker in the room. Also as it was my birthday, they bought me some chocolates and nice hand cream, so was a very personal gesture, which was unexpected but really thoughtful.

Friendly luxury near Te Papa
    • QT Superior King Room

Like most hotels the bed was two put together, however for some reason this one was noticeable with a bit of a ridge between them so if you sprawled a bit (and who wouldn’t if you have it to yourself) you could feel it.

Two stats in two weeks for me. No upgrade this week so I got to stay in the main part of the hotel. The room was clean and looked like new. Bright, airy and with that classy style and feel that the museum delivers. No bath in the room unfortunately but a double shower with two large rain heads! I had breakfast this trip and it was excellent, served by attentive staff in their lovely dining room. The museum gives you a great quality of teas in the room, which sounds trivial but it’s just another sign that they are a cut above. As ever the check in staff were helpful, friendly and attentive and the foyer is just great to wander through: all the art is so uplifting.

Fantastic facilities, would return.
    • QT Superior King Room

I wasnt served at the bar or acknowledged for a good 5 mins even though it did not appear busy. I did not have a lot of time for breakfast and service was slow, I didnt get my coffee!

Front desk staff and concierge fabulous. Bedroom and facilities fantastic.

The location of the hotel suited us and everything was up to expectations.
    • QT Superior King Room

I would have preferred a flatter pillow - all of the pillows provided were nice and plump. Not impressed with having to front with a $300 bond on top of the tariff. What damage are two OAP's likely to do?

Friendly, efficient staff.

• QT Superior King Room

Disappointing stay this time however...Very noisy room above new bar. Shouting going on until past 11.30pm. I’m not a killjoy but was in Wellington midweek to work. Building works and scaffolding outside window with rubbish also coming down shoot during the day. Gym facilities basic.

Great location. I’ve stayed here a few times and have always loved it. Quirky and friendly

The hotel
    • QT Superior King Room

The restaurant staff at Hippo were supremely apathetic, and the service we received when attempting to enjoy a drink prior to dining, deterred us from continuing on for dinner with them.

The hotel Was outstanding. Really amazing experience.

Style and Comfort in Wellington
    • QT Superior King Room

The Musem hotel is a stylish and comfortable place to stay. It could even claim to be the most interesting and well appointed hotel in wellington. I was upgraded, which was nice, and had a wonderful room in the apartment side of the hotel. The room had a large and very comfortable bed along with a deep spa bath in the bathroom, both of which really up the quality of the stay. The hotel is a bit of a walk to the cbd if you are there on business but excellently placed for TePapa and Courtney place. It is so nice to stay somewhere festooned with excellent art as this makes your stay so uplifting.

We had a wonderful stay at QT Museum Hotel. It is a luxurious and uniquely decorated hotel.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

The coffee at breakfast could have been hotter. Our shower dripped but staff were very quick to try and rectify this issue.

We loved the interior design of the hotel and rooms. Our room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. Having the nespresso machine in the room was an added bonus!

it was ok nothing to rave a
    • QT Superior King Room

just little stuff but enough to be disappointing in comparison to previous visits not as good as I expected

great location, really friendly staff - shower amazing

Was good for what we paid, would expect a higher standard of cleanliness in a place like this.
    • QT Superior King Room

Our room was really nice, however not sure whether is was cleaned, as we found someone else's underwear in our drawers and a broken phone charger behind the bedside table (if this part was vacuumed it probably would've been found). There was some dust on the bathroom floor as well. There was no price list for the food/drink items in the room and when we checked out I was told that a muesli bar was missing, but we didn't have any of the food or drinks. The lack of a price list meant we couldn't check if everything was there in the first place. The concierge was really good though and didn't charge us for it.

Staff were very friendly and warm. The amenities in the room were great! Love the bath robes. Convenient location! Bed was super comfortable!!!!

Wish I could live there!
    • QT Deluxe King Room

Nothing. Staff are amazingly accommodating and go the extra mile without neeeing to be asked. Can’t wait to go back.

Great bed, amazing bathroom, quirky minibar, surprises in every cupboard! Nice to stay somewhere that thinks about how a guest wants to stay.

The staff were very friendly and helpful in pointing us on...
    • QT Superior King Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful in pointing us on things to see. They also gave us an extra surprise knowing it was my wife's birthday.The rooms were also very clean and spacious

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The QT is a comfortable hotel, well positioned for all that...
    • QT Superior King Room

Scaffolding as part of renovations.

The QT is a comfortable hotel, well positioned for all that Wellington has to offer. Friendly staff make you feel welcomed.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

We love staying at QT. Accessible to everything by foot. Friendly, helpful staff. We'll be back.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

Missing out on dining at the Hippopotamus restaurant. It was fully booked. Our bad! We should have reserved a table earlier.

Location was perfect. A great place to hang out for late night cocktails at Hippopotamus restaurant. Happy, friendly staff!

Amazing location, beautiful hotel, I stayed in the...
    • QT Superior King Room

Oh the coffee. ! But even this was dealt with professionally. I didn’t drink it and the staff member noticed as I was going to pay and she said “no charge” It was really appreciated. I left the hotel saying I’m definitely coming back !!

Amazing location, beautiful hotel, I stayed in the apartments and it had everything there. Fantastic staff. So friendly. Loved everything about it

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

QT Hotel very nice - Bookings arrangements and comms hopeless
    • QT Harbour View King Room

Communicate prior to the hotel stay around changes that needed to be made due to a family emergency were dismal. Very stressful time for me, made more stressful by unhelpful staff, unreasonable policies and poor communication. Sorted in the end but wasn't impressed and for that reason alone I wouldn't stay with QT again. Shame as hotel was lovely.

If a special trip book here for a special experience
    • QT Superior King Room

Parking required valet which bumped up cost. Renovations blocked view partly but minor complaints only

Great ambience and something different. Very cool ! The restaurant was excellent

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location .
    • QT Superior King Room

Warm in room in mid winter. Some traffic noise during the night.

Location was great, walk to restaurants, shops, museum. Room was spacious, good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Quirky and fun!
    • QT Superior King Room

We had a drink in the lounge bar and it took a very long time for 2 whiskeys. The lovely lady had no idea which whiskeys were available.

The welcome was warm and friendly and the check out was very good too. Very accommodating.

Fab
    • QT Superior King Room

The lobby lounge was a bit cold at lunch time while eating our fish and chips there.

So comfortable. FRiendly staff. Loved the choice of bars and restaurants!

A short one-night stopover after late-night flight arrival. Wish I could have staid longer.
    • QT Superior King Room

A coffee stain on the velvet curtains (drapes) spoilt the look of the room a little (couldn't miss the spot!). But eh, maybe being a bit picky here.

The clue is in the name. Like staying in a real-life museum, very quirky and each room individual (it seemed). Great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff.

Super comfy bed and the reception staff were superb.
    • QT Superior King Room

I would have loved a desk space. I had a business Skype meeting as soon as I arrived and had to sit on the floor as it felt weird to have to sit on the bed and do business with Toronto.

Super comfy bed and the reception staff were superb.

Beautiful hotel and great location
    • QT Superior King Room

My one complaint is there is no USB plug with the power outlets. This is one of the only hotels I’ve stayed at that didn’t have that, and since I didn’t bring my phone charger, it was a little annoying. Not a big thing, but the convenience of being able to charge my mobile directly from the wall would have been superb.

The hotel decor is fun with loads of art and funky lighting. The rooms, are tasteful, clean and comfortable. The location of QT to the waterfront, Cuba st etc is fabulous. I’d definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

Good for what we needed as it was only a one night stay.
    • QT Superior King Room

The noise of the lift going up and down was a little off-putting.

We did not have meals at the hotel but the comfort of our room and bathroom and other facilities excellent.

Great. Will definitely stay at the hotel next time in Wellington.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

Room a bit too warm for me - especially during the night and I couldn't find the control.

central location. artworks. very pleasant staff and helpful with our queries on museums, displays etc. Got excellent recommendation from the concierge on a cool little cafe to have coffee and cake in.

10/10

Nothing to declare!

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Central location was very convenient. The room was well appointed and comfortable and the food was fantastic. Hotel is very stylish and the decor/art about the place make for a memorable and unique stay.

Ok not as good as previous visit
    • QT Harbour View King Room

Room wasn’t as well kitted out as others we have stayed in and scaffolding blocked the view - complimentary voucher for glass of wine but bar full downstairs

Comfy bed

It was ok.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

My room was boarded up outside with scaffolding due to painting so didn't have a view. Also people hammering away early so didn't get a sleep in

They upgraded my room due to a special occasion.

absolutely wonderful-perfect location, warm and quirky.
    • QT Superior King Room

The half rabbit 'artwork' at the entrance was upsetting to us who are animal lovers. Definitely lots of very strange art, but this was offensive. Spa was too hot.

Loved the staff here, especially the valet parking guys! It's a quirky hotel and definitely one you'll remember. Particularly happy that the toiletries are not tested on animals. Our room was very comfortable, warm and cosy and had lots of great features, including a coffee machine and a massive bath.

Looks nice, but needs work.
    • QT Superior King Room

Room was very small compared to other Hotels. Also, wasn't ready at Check-in time. Bathroom was poorly designed and built, with water leaking everywhere from the shower. Carpet probably needs redoing as there was virtually no softness/comfort.

Great location! Nice TV and overall styling of room was great. Staff were really nice and friendly.

Was great until the phone call
    • QT Superior King Room

Awful experience after I applied for an upgrade through Booking.Com, arrived and reception said, we've upgraded you without the booking.com upgrade, at no extra cost. Yeah! Then they called after I'd left (and spent the money I didn't spend) and said because of what is agreed to when you arrive, (who reads the fine print?) they could bill me now for the upgrade. Argued that the receptionist had offered it free, not my fault she gave me the wrong information

Would stay again for a funky inner-city break away
    • QT Deluxe King Room

Appreciated the well-thought out minibars (gourmet chocolate, kids games and funky souvenirs) and made full use of our in-room coffee machine. A cut above other hotels with lots of art, personality and glam surroundings!

The staff, the bath was amazing, the rooms were beautifully...
    • QT Superior King Room

Access to spa and pool through reception is not ideal. Variety of firmness in pillows needed in the rooms

The staff, the bath was amazing, the rooms were beautifully presented

A beautifully appointed, modern hotel, really loved all the artwork!
    • QT Harbour View King Room

The Room was beautifully decorated and had very comfy huge bed. The coconut mushroom curry from room service was absolutely delicious! I had a lovely view of the harbour from my room and received a free welcome drink because of the building work going on. The pool, sauna & spa was a welcome end to a busy day. I have stayed at a few hotels in Wellington for business, and this is my pick. I will definitely stay here again when next in Wellington.

I arrived very very early and was so looked after to the...
    • QT Harbour View King Room

The phone in my room didn't work which was inconvenient booking in the restaurant car etc. I had to go to reception or restaurant each time. Also their was no key available for the pool which meant I had to go down to get the concierge to take me so didn't bother doing that.

I arrived very very early and was so looked after to the point of them shuffling things around and giving me a room to go to right then. Have never had this kind of service before and for that I will be back Thank you.

A good hotel in a really good location with arty interior. Fun to stay.
    • QT Superior King Room

All the art works displayed in the ground floor space make me feel like I am staying in a museum. The location in opposite from Te Papa Museum, close to water front and good location. Also the ground floor toilet was really nice.

Splendid art, divine bed, all in the cultural heart of the City
    • QT Harbour View King Room

We could only stay for a night!

Following a long haul flight from the UK, the bed at the QT was sublime! We had a fantastic sleep which set us off in good stead for a further flight to the South Island and adventuring the next day. The property is affordable luxury, with the art collection always a highlight. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, great coffee. And the location is perfect for ease of getting to the airport, or to explore the City from is you are staying longer.

All in all in a very good stay and would stay again.
    • QT Superior King Room

Went to breakfast earlier 2nd morning, mushrooms all gone (I don’t eat meat), asked if some more, told just coming....never arrived. Asked for earl grey tea, they forgot, when it did arrive in a gorgeous tea pot, it was weak as, asked if I could have another teabag, they took it away, when it eventually came back, was weaker! Small things really as everything else was delicious. (Tea first morning was perfect)

Just loved all the art in the communal areas. Wonderful vibe to the place. Excellent buffet breakfast first morning.

Location and room were good.
    • QT Superior King Room

The WiFi was intermittent which was annoying, and unfortunately we had no batteries in our tv remote control. Maybe previous occupants had taken them.

Location and room were good.

We thoroughly enjoyed our break away.
    • QT Deluxe King Room

The property was in an excellent site to the Opera House. Great accommodation and suited us extremely well. They provided everything that we required. The parking of our car was made simple and easy for us.

Loved staying in this hotel
    • QT Superior King Room

There has been a Changein the room service menu and the choices were more limited

The staff in the hotel were helpful kind and friendly. The rooms were luxurious and extremely clean and comfortable.

Overall a great place to stay!
    • QT Superior King Room

The price I paid was breakfast inclusive, but I forgot to check how to take advantage of that. It might have helped if I could have been prompted on what I needed to do.

Overall a great place to stay! Gorgeous furnishings, fantastic artwork on display and a well stocked mini bar

Our room was so beautiful!!
    • QT Superior King Room

The bed was super comfortable The whole hotel and room is just beautiful. The mini bar selection is amazing. And everything is super clean. My only regret was that we were booked for just one night. Would have loved to stay longer.

It's different to the standard boring hotel room.
    • QT Harbour View King Room

Room lighting and temperature. It took me ages to get the temperture right and even then I woke up way too hot and needed to adjust the system. The lighting is particularly bad - the bathroom is the worst.

It's different to the standard boring hotel room. I love the artwork - it makes it a lot more interesting. Good location for me,

Incompetent staff and management
    • QT Harbour View King Room

The staff and management were completely incompetent. I stayed here for a night to relax as I am 34 weeks pregnant, I came away more stressed and aggravated than when I arrived. They made me feel like a criminal, sent housekeeping into clear my mini bar, didn't even wait for me to open the door, just walked in while I was resting. Multiple interruptions from the front desk on the phone and the concerige makes you sign a declaration for valet parking staying they are not liable for any damages to your car, even if they crash it. I ordered the hamburger from room service which had a burnt meat pattie and was so dry it was inedible. There is also scaffolding over the outside if the building, ruining the view and road works with a jack hammer which I was not warned about. I noted my complaints to the front desk but they didn't do anything. Will never stay here again and do NOT recommend this hotel. There are less expensive options where you will be treated much better.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice.

Through no fault of my own my Debit Card malfunctioned at...
    • QT Superior King Room

Through no fault of my own my Debit Card malfunctioned at check in (while still working at ATM machines) and the bank could not replace it. I understand the need for the hotel to take a Credit/Debit card impression as a check against theft and dishonesty, but it was inconvenient and embarrassing to have to pay Cash for two nights in advance, cash for my breakfast and a $300 dollar cash bond. On check out I had to sit in the lobby while staff went up to my room to "inspect" it before I got my bond back. Made me feel like an unwanted guest and I will not stay again. (I will always check my card function though!).

Ok, I have stayed here MANY times before but this was the first time there were a few things wrong.
    • QT Superior King Room

Hair on the ceiling in the bathroom and a shoe box from the last person who stayed which should have been removed. Also loud music one night which woke me up, and beds really too soft for a hotel.

Great location, but needs a good clean.
    • QT Harbour View King Room

The bar area in both rooms needed a good clean. We had half bottles of water and these were thrown away which I thought was a bit rough - given how expensive the bottles of water were.

We booked 2 rooms and the view from the balconies were great. Nice to have fresh air.

Very pleasant
    • QT Superior King Room

room was located by laundry (I think) and could hear machines occasionally. A bit of building work was also going on with scaffolding outside our window.

Loved the artwork, loved the location, loved the room. And Wellington is wonderful.

The hotel was under construction on the outside, but the...
    • QT Superior King Room

The hotel was under construction on the outside, but the inside was very nice and unique. You are surrounded by modern art through out the hotel which is very interesting and quirky.... The bar was perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very comfortable. Good stay.

Was central and comfortable
    • QT Harbour View King Room

We were not advised at booking that scaffolding was outside our room and balcony and only found out on arrival. Which spoilt the view that I was hoping for

The room was extremely comfortable

• QT Superior King Room

The only compliant was the air conditioning. I think it needed a service as it was more productive at making noise than cold. The hotel is currently under some construction, but the effect on the guests is nil.

Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Cool art on display. Funky and different. Amazing restaurant (Hippopotamus). Comfortable and quiet

We booked a harbour view room and were allocated to room 131...
    • QT Harbour View King Room

We booked a harbour view room and were allocated to room 131 which had a view of three Pohutukawa trees and not the harbour. We asked to be moved and ended up with a slightly smaller room but at least a harbour view from the second floor. This room was a bit grubby.

Bad timing construction/ repair wise
    • QT Superior King Room

Construction noise started about 6.30 Am and was awful, pounding of hammers etc we had been out visiting friends until about 11 pm and had a chance to sleep in until 8 ish, but there was no way

Room nice Bed comfy Quirky art Staff friendly

Highly recommended!
    • QT Superior King Room

Our experience was just fabulous! The luxury of the room and special touches (new magazines, quality toiletries, very comfortable bed, coffee machine, stunning bathroom) made it a special overnight stay.

Browse QT Museum Wellington traveller photo gallery