Reviews of Nomads Auckland Backpackers 4 stars

5.7

6.1

3.9

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The lower beds of bunks are too low, you can't sit there. The free Wi-Fi from the Mad travel shop sucks. The payd Wi-Fi works well in the lounche, not in the rooms.

Sauna for free

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff is very seriously and the blankets,beds and windows is very old .. we cant close the window we slept with very cool and the reception dose not care when we told them

The location was very good

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

part of the staff made me feel as if i am a burdane as i asked questiones.... and also-as i couldent check in at a specific time- asked to use the toilets during their siesta (?!?!!- are we in Spain??? -even hostels in Spain address clients during sieta hours) not impressed

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The bed bunks were too low. I cannot sit upright on the lower bed coz of the small gap between the lower bed to the one on top.

Amazing and helpful staff! Great Location!

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The person at reception I was dealing with was overly insistent on my friends suppying I.D when one of them did not have any, and when the room was in my name and I had already paid for the room.

The room was perfect for myself and friends who stayed the night. Excellent location in town.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Would have expected a bit more cause the room was almost empty and foe the same price we could've stayed in a proper hotel with more facilities.

Liked the central location

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

You had to pay for the WIFI if you wanted it in your room. You had to go to a travel agency room that was next to the hostel. This was annoying and I wish they just had free WIFI all day in your room

The room was nice. Had enough space and the room was at a nice temperature for sleeping. The WIFI was good most of the day if you paid for it.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The noise of people in the shared room. People opened and closed the wash room door very often and it disturbed my stay. There were not enough electric outlets for charging in the room. Drunk people just opened the window and threw up which was disgusting.

The cleanliness is acceptable and staff are helpful. It’s good there is a room for baggage storage after checking out.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Dirty, messy, & the facilities didn’t work properly such as the beds - No ladder and and water cooler had to fill our drink bottles up in the toilets.. One of the staff members were rude to us at reception and we had to share a room with people that talked all night long and woke up at 5.00am every morning so we barely got any sleep.. not the hostel’s fault but still would’ve been nice to have some ground rules put in place to respect guests.

The location was good for us as we had to carry big backpacks around and didn’t want to walk far! The bathrooms are nice and spacious so we didn’t have to wait for anyone to finish their shower or their turn in the toilet.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is noisy, not very clean, the kitchen is very full and dirty. The bathrooms are a bit dodgy I will not recommend it but for one night before going to the airport is kind of ok. Too expensive for what it is , you pay for the location I guess

The location is right in the center and closed to the airport shuttle. The staff is nice

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Full of Germans in groups (so difficult to access the kitchen for a cup of tea) speaking loudly (so difficult to listen TV in the common room) acting like there are home. They should go in East Germany for holiday.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

- No free wifi. - Bathroom was not clean - 'Dry' hostel (so no alcohol allowed). - They brag with things they organize, but in real they don't organize anything. And if you ask about it (pubcrawl, gathering people to go out, bar night, pizza night etc.) they all the time come with the excuse 'we did this before'. However they still advertise with it. All in all a disappointing place.

They give free towels, the matresses are quite ok and the location is good.

• Budget Double Room without Window

They try to charge you for every single thing. Rooms are disgusting, smelly and nothing works (shower, kitchen, WiFi... which you actually have to pay for). Go to queens hostel, next to it... way better and cheaper

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was no wifi anywhere The kitchen hours were very inconvenient, I had to catch a flight at 6am and the kitchen only opened at 730am and closed at 10pm Beds were extremely uncomfortable

Location was great and fast check in

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen was really dirty, the showers and toilettes was dirty and some of the locks didn’t work. It really needs a big cleaning session

The rooms where alright

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Cleanliness, maintenance holes in ceilings in bedroom and bathroom, no toilets available in shared spaces (have to go the the floor your room is on), Not a comfortable place to hand out, advertises free internet but is not free.

Central location

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Depending on the person, they charged more money to your bills with the excuse that your credit card was not a kiwi one (I insist, only some people from the staff, not all of them) No alcohol inside the hostel Really bad and expensive wifi connection Dirty toilets Very noisy

Good location, lot of toilets and showers per floor

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The dirtiest place I’ve ever stayed(& I’ve backpacked around Europe!). We had a bedroom with ensuite. The bathroom was not cleaned properly & it was terribly overdue for a new paint. We couldn’t check in until 2pm so we did end up using shared bathrooms to change clothes after flight & those were even worse! No light in those bathrooms & very unclean. Staff looked miserable. Ground floor elevator didn’t work so always had to walk to the next level with all of our gear to get a lift. Luckily we were only staying 1night but if it had been longer we would have found somewhere else even with stay being non-refundable. Would not recommend at all!

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Great facilities, good size kitchen and a really nice rooftop area to eat and relax outside. Rooms are kept clean and plenty of storage space. Large leisure room with tv and access to plenty of dvds and books. Really central location - 1 min walk to Queen Street, 2 minutes from Briotmart and a 10/15 walk to main supermarket Countdown.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

For a big company a found a few floors; Seemed the spa and hot tub didn’t work even though that’s used as a selling point, not alcohol in the hostel not even in the common areas and if you are caught with it can be taken off you and thrown out, not many charging plugs in the room, just a hassle harming your phone.

Location is extremely good for the city and with the kitchen upstairs on the roof terrace that was a great plus.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Upon booking, I was sent an e-mail suggesting I download the 'Tipi' app to check-in. I preferred not to do this, and I was still able to check-in in person, but there was a long line. Parking in the downtown is expensive, but parking a few short blocks away one can find cheaper options (Victoria St was $24/day). Payment by foreign credit card requires a 2.5% fee, in which this was the only place I stayed that did this, and payment was required at check-in. The wifi in the hotel is pay, though there is some free wifi in the lobby sponsored by the associated travel agency next door. The spa on the roof was under repair and unavailable during our stay. This backpackers posts signs saying that it is a dry facility, and no alcohol consumption is permitted, and those drinking with be asked to leave. The attitude of the staff that I interacted with was that most issues had to be addressed to the company, and that they either didn't care, or have the power to address my comment.

This backpackers is conveniently located a short walk from Princes Wharf.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was absolutely disgusting and smelt of urine. Rooms unbelievably run down. Airport bag stickers and soap from previous guest found in room. Carpet was so disgusting I didn't walk on it without thongs. Shower head ran in one big stream and went hot/cold. Bathroom was revolting, even a paint job would help. Lift is slow and small.

Double bed with private ensuite. Location is great, wifi good, free luggage storage for the day or option to pay to leave bags for longer.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Stayed in a double with ensuite and paid $124. Great location. Friendly helpful staff. Fan in the room was most welcome to cool it down. Clean. Value for money - middling taking into account it is central auckland.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's not often if ever you have to pay for the wifi in a hostel anywhere around the world, so when you do you expect it to be perfect, but no it's dreadful.. I've had thicker milkshakes that the mattress' they have at Nomads. When laying down I could almost feel every detail of the wooden slats beneath, I'm surprised I didn't get any splinters. There are always very few plug sockets in the dorms making it difficult to charge your things. The toilets, particularly on level 2, were a mess and often had little to no toilet paper at all. Despite all that for the convenience of not moving I stuck around for 6 nights. I was intending on extending for one more night before leaving Auckland, however I forgot to do so on my last day. In the morning a young and very rude European girl came into the dorm looking for me, obviously she had no idea who I was so I owned up and asked if it was I she was looking for as I knew I had forgot to extend. Instead of cooperating she demanded I got up immediately and left the hostel, which I did as I'm a fair guy and was more than happy to get out of that dump. I wouldn't recommend Nomads to my worst enemy. Good luck if you choose to stay there.

Nomads is in a good central location, other than that I have nothing good to say.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Wifi 'lounge' downstairs - not in rooms. No problem.

Cheerful staff demonstrated compassion when challenged. Bright rooftop kitchen with indoor & outdoor eating. Ideal location off Queen - large Countdown grocer on Quay and smaller Metro Whole Foods on Queen.

• King Room with Private Bathroom

I cut my leg open on a piece of metal sticking out of the bed and they didn’t have very appropriate bandages to supply. Also our bathroom smelt terrible!

We attended the bar crawl and it was amazing! Also pretty great staff (: good value for money.

• Budget Double Room without Window

Free lugguage storage is just 9am to 6pm. And would be appreciated if table is available in room.

Excellent location. The idea of providing free sauna and spa and activties is great too.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The air conditioning is very loud. The bed was quite hard.

It was so close to everything that we needed. The location is perfect! The staff were very friendly and welcoming!

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room size could be compared to a postage stamp. The room could have used some type of shelving so there'd be somewhere to keep your belongings besides on the floor.

Location is quite good. Value is ok for a budget traveler not expecting anything more than the basics.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When I arrived at the nomads backpackers I told them that I have lost my eftpos card which has all my money in it so I could not pay for the 2 nights untill wednesday but I wasnt allowed to do that and since I coulnt pay for it that was I had to sleep on the streets for the one night and check into another backpackers down the road from nomads the day after so my experiance for that short time at nomads sucked the staff wernt very friendly and I only had an 18+ card as a form of photo id which they do not accept anymore so even if I had the cash on me I could not have gotten checked in anyway because I had the wrong form of id I hate the backpackers sooooo much please do not go there

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The location is excelent, maybe the room was a little bit noisy, the staff is great but Jane, she was very rude to us, she seemed to be very stress.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Strong sewage smell from bathroom drain, partially fixed upon request. Incredibly noisy at night from adjoining 2 bars/clubs and air conditioning systems. Under-sink towel rail broken. Wall heater half hanging off wall. TV remote non-functional and not fixed upon request. Half one wall part repaired but not yet plastered or painted. Perished spacing tape for bed-base wooden slats, so slats clumped together and mattress sagged. Window catches half attached. Room well overdue for maintenance.

Ease of access to other places.

• Budget Double Room without Window

The first girl we saw at reception came off a bit rude. The room was very hot and quite small. The bathroom looked so old and I don't know what it was on the wall, but may have just been water marks. Didn't look very nice. Basin was teeny tiny too. Overall idk if the value for money was achieved.

It was in a good location. Near restraints and only a few minutes walk from the wharf.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Cleanliness very poor....bath towel had masking tape on it with massive matt of long black hair stuck in it. Bed sheets had hairs and stains on them....yuk. Private room, but was tiny, revolting and no room for two people. Definitely not good value for money

Great location, but that's it.

• Budget Double Room without Window

Sadly the spa wasn’t working which I was keen on and our room was uncomfortably stuffy with 2 people breathing and no window or fan.

The place was great and worth the money to be so central

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Room is very dirty Room smells like damp and mold inside the room Property is very old and not well taken care of Shared Unisex toilets and showers that are VERY GRIM

Strategic location but facilities and cleanliness are far below expectations so the strategic location is not worth it at all

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Probably the bathroom. It needs a good clean with exit mould. I actually gave our bathroom a good clean myself and it came up sparking.

I swear I had the best sleep ever in that bed. I also felt safe and our belongings secure also. The staff are super friendly.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Rooms were soo hot it was too uncomfortable to sleep. Cleaning was average. We arrived to hairs still in the shower. There was no Wi-Fi for 2 days so we had to pay cash which I find strange. Very small room not alot of room to move. TV wasn't tuned in properly. We stayed 2 nights but only received 1 towel each.

Close to everything.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

We're we're really disappointed with our stay at the hostel, it was the worse hostel we have been to. The room was not clean, hair on the bathroom floor, marks all over the walls, carpet was wet, it wasn't cleaned or maintained well at all. We didn't use the kitchen as the facilities didn't look very good, there wasn't any room to store your food bag in the fridges and the kitchen was dirty.

The location of the property was good. Right near the main attractions of Auckland.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel had a weird humid and kinda mouldy smell. The bathrooms are unisex and look like they haven't been cleaned properly for a long time. The staff were kinda rude when one girl in our room all of the sudden had these kinda like mystery bites. They just said it is nothing and really didn't care. The girl who came to check them was quite aggressive and started to argue with the guests. The hostel isn't really flexible since I wanted to stay 2 nights instead of 3 and still hadn't paid anything. But then they said nothing can't be done since I had already booked 3 nights. Well plans change and i think the hostel should be more flexible!

The location is perfect! Really close to everything: Queens street, Britomart (bus and trains) and the Ferry terminals.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

hard bed, mattress too thin & only wooden bars underneath! mattress sunk in through the night. unisex communal showers if staying in mixed dorm. no WiFi in dorms, $4 24 hour WiFi. no towels, no outlet next to bed, bathrooms need updating - old dirty floors, old bleached towels, hairdryer not working! hallway stunk of sweat & feet, couldn’t tell if it was the carpet or someone left shoes outside the door! bed bug notification on doors check out morning! not recommended

n/a

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

How stinky the entire hostel hallways and rooms were. Lack of flowing air made it impossible to enjoy time there. It’s way too hot. Food theft. Rooms are way too crowded

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very dirty..floor not vacuumed. Bathroom door covered in pure filth. Pubic hair all over the floor and carpet very filthy. Did tell the staff who refused to believe us.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Was a bit noisy at night,being a busy street. Also,kitchen closed 10.30 and I would have loved a cup of tea after the show!

Such a great location. Handy to spark arena and bus stop.excellent for me.

• Budget Double Room without Window

Although the room appeared clean there was an unpleaseant smell from the attached bathroom facilities. A fan was provided in the room but it was still unpleasantly hot

Bed comfy. Walking distance to concert venue Bus from Airport stopped at street corner

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very noisy, from bar next door and mysterious fan that started up every 30 mins or so Hot, stuffy and small rooms Small uncomfortable bed Water stains on roof and walls Basket mounted above sink making difficult to use Shower wouldn't maintain a constant temperature Zero alcohol policy not advertised Dirty iron that stained your clothes

Returning back home for a good nights sleep

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Not enough power points in the room... Rooms need some sort of air conditioning... Needed to be better cleaned...rubbish and bedding on floor under beds behind storage units....mine wasn't vacuumed everyday and wen it was person left half the floor unfinished and dirty

It was very handy to the places I needed to go. Not a bad price Staff were very friendly and accommodating

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

If you're staying here during the NZ summer, it gets HOT in here. There is no AC, no fans, or anything done to make it more bearable. The windows open, but some of the rooms don't open to places that provide a draft, so they don't really help. The bathrooms... well, like most hostels, it completely depends on you and the other people who are using the facilities at the time. I've stayed here twice now and one time it was very clean, and the second time, it was extremely dirty--but nothing you can really do about that. The keycards in to the rooms sometimes don't work right away, and people have the tendency to give up rather quickly, so they'll start knocking on the doors, even later at night. Overall, not somewhere I'd ever stay long-term, but if you're just looking for the most budget accommodation and are only in town for a day, this is fine.

If you're booking here, you're probably not looking for anything beyond a cheap place to sleep. The location is pretty decent, right by the harbor, so nothing to complain about there. If you're used to staying in backpacker hostels, this will be nothing new to you.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Wifi is not free, even those who purchased complained that its slow. Alternatively you can go to next door travel agency for free Internet. But they have operating hours.

Good location. Friendly staff. Comfy bed

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The smell in the room was awful. The window couldn’t close so the sounds of the city were too loud. Also a lot of noise from other rooms. The bed was the most terrible we ever slept in. The room was very tiny, we couldn’t walk through the bed.

Nothing actually, it was a terrible stay

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Smelly neighbours, paying for wifi and hair streaked on shower wall when told it was just cleaned.

Kitchen being cleaned regularly. Cold water available. Rooftop.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The spa wasn’t working for the whole of January which was a downfall and the bottom bunks are too small to sit under

The rooms were spacious, plenty of showers per floor and amazing location

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I had to queue for more than an hr to do the check in, I was exhausted from the flight and that's not what you expect to find when you reach the hostel. I got a 10 beds room, it was awful, a bloody mess, I know that is more about the people than the hostel problem, but is also 'couse it didn't have enough space for everyone to place their stuff. The bunks where so near each other and in such a bad position that make it impossible to reach the stairs to climb to the top bed. No many plugs in the room for everyone. Not all the staff are really helpful. Kitchen is really small and no many fridges for such a big hostel. Wouldn't choose it again, worst hostel I ever stayed.

The location is good if you really wanna be near all the shops and bars as it is located meters from the main street. Have a nice roof.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

the girl that started packing at 3am to check out :( The smell Too warm Too noisy due to construction work at 7am Dirty floors, dirty toilets and showers

The other guests, they were really nice Location is perfect

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The total lack of cleaning was abhorrent! Long black hairs in the bathroom floor greeted us. 🤮 the pillow was miserable we had to fold it in half plus use the duvet as a pillow. It was noisy due to the bars next door but it’s the centre of town so that is to be expected.

The location was brilliant. Across the road in the car park on Friday night was a good market

• Budget Double Room without Window

Didn't like the staff, they were really rude and not helpful at all. It was really dirty. The bed was not comfortable at all. Things need to be replaced urgently.

only the location

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Hostel much to big with 7 floors, kitchen and living aeria way too small and durty / smelling. One single plug in the room and room too small for 6 peoples, not enough place for Backpack.

Location in city center and proximity to all bus and all services. Bathrooms and room pretty clean. Non skeeche beds. Présents of lockers in the room.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen close at 10:30pm it’s the best place to be in the Hostel with terrace. If you forget something or u get hungry at night after 10:30pm you will need to wait the next morning..

Really nice staff, and nice atmosphere me and my girlfriend really enjoy our first week in New Zealand

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Carpets in the rooms are dirty, faulty bed, annoying broken drawers underneath the beds, kitchen too small results to overcrowding, thin cheap toilet tissues breaks immediately which is so annoying

Views on the rooftop is now, just messy kitchen

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Absolutely horrendous place to stay at when its hot! No AC, no fans in the room, none of us could sleep due to the heat. Auckland is a humid place, the least you can do is put fans in the room.

Close to town

• Budget Double Room without Window

Double room was terrible. It was very small - basically only bed was inside. No chair, no desk. Nothing. Just the bed. No window, no ventilation. There was no air. The steam from morning shower was still there in the evening. The night there was awful. We had noisy fan on for whole night and we were all sweaty anyway. We had to keep door open to get some air. It was relief it get out of the room. It was a lot cooler outside.

Good location in the center. Nice and helpful stuff.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff were not friendly. They did not offered free Wifi as other hostels do. The accommodation was expensive in comparison with other hostels. The elevator was not working, and if you are at second or third floor you will need to use the stairs to reach the top floor, where is the kitchen.

The bathroom and the toilet facilities were big and most of the time clean. They have a nice terrace which closes at 9 PM, sadly.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The rooms where smelly and not clean when I checked in. The staff however cleaned it straight away when I pointed it out. You get what u pay for.

The location is very central and easily reached from the airport by the bus. The port is very close where lots of restaurants can be found and shops near by as well. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Rooms are quite messy and dirty I cannot believe that in 2018 in a country like New Zealand you have to pay extra for the daily Wifi access Probably a trick management found to reduce the price on booking.com attract customers arriving in the city and having them to pay the 4$ Wi-Fi anyway

Helpful staff Good location

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was tiny, the bed a bit too small for 2 people, the sink in the bathroom is too small, everytime I used it the water was splashing through the whole bathroom. Not enough space for 2 people and too expensive for 1 night ($130). Other hotels would offer a better room for a better value.

I liked the central location and the staff was friendly. Tv in room.

• Budget Double Room without Window

I didn't want to put my passport information into a 3rd party app and the staff were rude about my preference not to use Tipi to check in. The alcohol ban is dumb but that didn't stop any of us from being discreet about it. Kind of a don't ask don't tell policy; at least try to hide that your mug is full of beer instead of tea and you'll be fine. I know there's not really a way around this, but the one elevator isn't enough for a building with this many floors and occupants. When the cleaning staff had to use the elevators you could end up waiting 4 rounds of the elevator opening up in front of you full before catching a ride.

The atmosphere is really fluid and cool, lots of people to talk to. Rooftop area is nice, small for the amount of people who use it, but still a nice feature.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It can be noisy at night but its what you can expect from a central location in the heart of the CBD. Depending on what room you get the number of power points could be less that the number of occupants in the room and charging your phone might be difficult.

Central location and 5 minutes walk to public transport. Also close to pubs, clubs and dining in the hear of Auckland's CBD area. The Spark arena is a 10 minute walk from Nomads and trains to Mount Smart Stadium or Eden Park is only a 5 minute walk away.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bathrooms weren't great. Towels put on the floor to stop flooding from each shower and I didn't see them get changed or dried which concerned me. The whole place isn't as good as other nomads I've stayed in.

Great location Clean room

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Not comfy, wet and seem-to-be-dirty room, the bed is small & annoying for the one staying at the lower bed. (Some of) the staff were not helpful & friendly, I've asked them to change the light bulb like for a thousand year but nothing happened. Wifi is really bad & slow even though my friend had to pay for that; they seem not to try to improve that (or maybe the hostel was full at that time :)?)

The location and cheapest price were worth to consider, if you could ignore other problem! Great view!

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Beds were awful No Air conditioning so expect a good sweat in the summer Kitchen is awful

Staff are great, always willing to help out, and the cleaners do a top job too. Showers are decent Good location

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

the room were horrible. This is a very busy place where you hear more geman speaking person than english wich make it very hard to connect with others.

Thanks to the rooftop and the location it was not so bad. I've met great people

• Budget Double Room without Window

The cleanliness of the room was not great. As soon as you walk in, it smelt musty. Walls looked dirty and the carpet was filthy.shower area had mould in also. Small sink, unable to wash face In without getting water everywhere.

Great location. My double room was the size you would expect.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Beds were broken. Throw-up stain on the floor. Room was about 45 degreen at night with no chance of cooling it down. Very dirty! Organized very poorly with checkout at 10 and the place to hod bags only open at 9, so everyone is leaving exactly between these times.

Location was in the city near a lot of nice resteraunt's. Downstairs was a travel agency.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were very uncomfortable. I arrived late my first night and got a top bunk which dug into my back all night, so I swapped my sheets with a bottom bunk the next morning when someone checked out. That wasnt much better. The rooms were filthy. And the lift is so slow

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Not much, it's good overall.

The location is great, close to Queen Street and to a supermarket. They have activities for every night in a bar really close to the hostel.

Browse Nomads Auckland Backpackers traveller photo gallery