Reviews of Prince's Gate Hotel 4.5 stars

1057 Arawa Street, 3010 Rotorua, New Zealand

#31 of 91 hotels in Rotorua

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Nice building, exeptional breakfast (wasn’t included in my...
    • Classic Double Room

Reception staff didn’t informed me at the begining how to lock the door so I left open room (accesable Directly from the backyard with open gate) for few hours with all valuables and documents inside. When I asked how does a lock works, a lady at a reception laughed at me first, then explained. Anyway, I had an impression that I got a last and worst available room- even a number on a door wasn’t complete, but overall impression was finally good.

Nice building, exeptional breakfast (wasn’t included in my rate) and friendly breakfast staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Avoid, avoid, avoid if you value your health!
    • Estate Room

Stay away from this hotel, they are within walking distance of a geothermal lake which gets worse at night and leaves you in a toxic wasteland of sulphur fumes. We had to leave in the middle of the night as we woke up barely able to breathe, throat in pain and nauseated. Our room was in an outside section of the hotel. The one staff at the time did nothing about it, said he could not help and left us in the lobby. We had no choice but to leave and go back to Auckland.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

comfortable accomodation with friendly staff.
    • Estate Room

Tap in bathroom was dirty and in need of replacing. Had a very long wait for lunch - 35 mins - even though we had stated we needed to get back to our meeting. ended up eating during meeting which was not desirable.

upgrade to suite was lovely

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Brilliant get away location
    • Estate Room

Great atmosphere in a beautiful building with history - this hotel provides a taste of long lost NZ. Excellent location and staff. These guys worry about the details that make all the difference. Even the menu in the restaurant has been carefully thought out to give guests interesting and unique tastes from NZ. Lovely outdoor pools and private mineral spa. Free street parking right outside.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Access to private and free parking.
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Rotorua is known for its eggy smell, It would be a good idea for such place to add some slight perfume that would soothe the strong smell that was present the whole night and that prevented me from sleeping. If you have a neighbour (above you) that wakes up at 6am and decides to rearrange his room, expect it to be very noisy because of the wooden floor. Room very small (standard room with king bed) + no window (or very small) in the room (ground floor)

Access to private and free parking. Close to all facilities as situated in the center of the city

Rotorua
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

It is needing upgrading of old furniture and carpet which us worn and holey. Grouting in tiling us missing in many places and doors in bathroom dont shut.

The originial authenticness. Beds were comfy. Staff were nice.

The cleanliness of room and the beds were so comfortable
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

One of the platters were the wrong platter The staff came up to tell us to turn music off as the stripper was here so it ruined the stripper suprise

The cleanliness of room and the beds were so comfortable

The lobby was excelkent.
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Room was cozzy and small. The building was so old because it has a long history.

The lobby was excelkent. The location was excellent too. The bed was the most comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The service at breakfast was very slow. The bathroom in our apartment was a bit tired. The TV was far too high on the wall.

Great location. Nice pool. Very friendly at reception.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The building was beautiful and the rooms were enormous.
    • Estate Room

Wish the 'Happy Hour' at the hotel bar had had some food and drink deals as advertised.

The building was beautiful and the rooms were enormous. Great location so close to the lake.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great location & atmosphere....would definitely stay again!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Atmosphere of the hotel....fireplaces in lounge...activities going on at the time...comfy room & bed....enjoyed a soak & a swim in the morning in the pools! Hotel was recommended to us by friends which we will be happy to do as well !

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Excellent it changed my view of Rotorua to very positive
    • Designer Room

It closed up quite early

I love the building and the location and the chap at reception is so friendly and helpful. The building reminds me of older buildings in England and has character and cleanliness- an unusual combination.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

• Designer Room

Room noisy on ground floor with people walking upstairs. Following stay I left an item of clothing, after enquiry the hotel declined finding them. Therefore I can conclude their staff stole them.

Staff were lovely

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

FAB!!
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

I cut my finger on a broken pen that was provided in our room. Also coffee was burnt at breakfast.

We got an upgrade on our room, which was fantastic seeing how we've had a long day driving. Team was super friendly right from the moment we arrived! Love the 20s feel of the hotel. Will definitely return!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

yes Gayna and Ricardo will be back enjoyed rotorua and the Princess Gate
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

the only issue from me was a constant running water sound-all night-kept me awake. did bring to the attention of reception in morning. And from me not a complaint but i did bring it to the attention of the receptionist that i did work in the ihospitality industry in Christchurch and we were recently pinged for not having hand rails to assist getting in and out of bath shower--the ping came from O.s.h and their associates-- just food for thought

Location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Great stay, would definitely stay again.
    • Designer Room

Noisy neighbours in next room on one night. The hotel is an old building so not much soundproofing between rooms.

Very comfortable room with lots of character. Hotel excellent location to explore the CBD on foot. Bar/lobby area very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Easy location, elegant surrounds, only let down by poor dining experience
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Negative - confusing breakfast options were not explained, resulting in us eating from the buffet, and then having our freshly cooked bacon etc brought out to us. Coffee never arrived. However, we weren't charged the full cost of breakfast, so perhaps the error was noted. Position of room near street meant that we could hear music from another venue.

Positive - easy street parking, friendly check-in staff, relatively late check-in at 10.30pm was no problem, old-style elegance of room, heated pool looked inviting.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Overall a good stay
    • Estate Room

I would update the older styled rooms, maybe less clutter.

Overall a good place to stay, value for money. The rooms are a good size (if its not the snug room). I stay at least once a month and when booking the one bedroom suite, sometimes I get a nicely styled, newer room and sometimes I ge a dated badly styled, older room, which aren't the nicest. its 50/50 what you will get but the facilities, food, staff and location are good :)

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was good despite the ab
    • Classic Double Room

The floors are creaky as. You can hear people walking as well as hear people in the next room. I had 2 teenage boys staying next to me who were very noisy. When there mother was alerted to this by staff I could hear her scolding them. If you are wanting a quiet stay without hearing people walking up and down or people talking etc then this may not be ideal.

Staff were great, room was great, bed was comfortable and warm. Food in the restaurant was great too.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Convenient location for exploring Rotorua
    • Designer Room

The sulphurous smell on this end of town. Squeaky floorboards in our room.

Very central location - easy for exploring the area and the night market on Thursdays Character building Hot pools Nice spacious room

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good location and friendly staff!
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

The room is pretty but just felt a little small & claustrophobic. Didn’t feel there’s privacy if door or curtains open.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly at this Hotel. The spa pools are just awesome to soak in even in the cold drizzle!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Fantastic Hotel,staff and great location really enjoyed our stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Actually nothing to note.

Really well appointed room very clean and comfortable, styled nicely all the touches made it really nice,liked the decor. Comfortable beds, everyone happy with there rooms.The staff very friendly and helpful. Happy hour in the bar was a nice way to relax and catch up before we went through to the restaurant for a meal and the meal was fantastic enjoyed by all,compliments to the Chef and Team.

excellent
    • Estate Room

staff were amazing, walked us to our room, our sky was not working, they came and spent half an hour, still could not get it work, offered to call a technician. they were very friendly, they seemed to enjoy their job..

Love staying in the lovely quiet Princess Gate heritage building.
    • Premium Two-Bedroom Suite

I didnt like paying more & less rooms to choose from due to lack of availability.

We always stay at the Princess Gate & have done for years. Its centrally located in a heritage building, quiet with classic interior, clean & the staff are always very professional. However the cost has increased & the there are less rooms available now.

Beautiful building and facilities
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Unfortunately, being an old building, the wooden floor was very loud above my room on the ground floor - the guests above were walking around making noise until the early hours of the morning which was very frustrating. Next time I will book upstairs to avoid this.

I booked a snug room for an overnight trip and at check-in got upgraded me to a larger room which was lovely. All the facilities were very good and a beautiful historic building.

thermal pools and sauna, location in town, quest lounge in...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

fridge did not work and we had to swap rooms, bathroom taps needed maintenance.

thermal pools and sauna, location in town, quest lounge in the historic part of the complex. location in town was handy.

Perfect place
    • Classic Double Room

Food, room, staff, and location were great. The hotel was incredibly clean, the staff friendly, and the location is absolutely perfect for touring the area. The food was excellent as well.

Wonderful Hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I wasn't aware the one bedroom suite was in a separate building, which I probably wouldn't have chosen had I realised. Couldn't get my TV to work but the gentleman on reception fixed it.

Love staying here, fantastic staff, great location and lovely welcoming fires in the hotel lounge.

Warm, friendly and a great photo opportunity with such old world charm.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The décor and the breakfast were wonderful. What a beautiful room and welcoming staff. It could not have been beter.

The décor and the service were impeccable.

Beautiful, Charming Hotel with Friendly, Accommodating Staff
    • Designer Room

The hotel does need a little bit of work. The tiles in our bathroom had started lifting and some could be lifted fully without any hassle. There was a couple of places where timber panelling along the balconies/verandahs had come away and were just hanging there. Also, this is not a reflection on the hotel because it is absolutely beyond their control but guests should be made aware of the significant smell for those in the East Wing where we stayed. If you have any sensitivities to Sulphur at all make sure to request the West Wing or opt for the two-bedroom suite which is away from 'Sulphur Point.'

The room was lovely and the hotel itself is an architectural gem. Hotel staff couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating of us. We had problems with the smell from Sulphur Point which was making both of us ill and the staff kindly offered to let us move to an internal room where the smell wasn't as prolific as it is at the East Wing.

I loved the old world charm and beautiful decor of this...
    • Estate Room

Absolutely nothing not to like. One small groan was that I had driven a very long way and was extremely tired on arrival and the restaurant service that night was exceedingly slow. There only seemed to be one poor girl waiting on all the tables. Another girl appeared much later on so I don’t know what was going on there. The waiter at breakfast could have been a lot less dour and much more attentive. I wasn’t given a breakfast menu and a lot seemed to be missing from my table so I had to keep asking for things and a certain attitude made me feel like I was being a nuisance! A smile always goes a long way. But apart from that there was nothing that could spoil a lovely stay in this delightful hotel. I will definitely return.

I loved the old world charm and beautiful decor of this gorgeous property. The restaurant food was excellent and the hot thermal pools were beyond good. It was heaven. The location is excellent too. Staff friendly, very helpful and welcoming. I was really sorry to leave.

Lovely atmospheric place in the very heart of Rotorua.
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms are smaller than usual but...its a period building.

Lovely colonial architecture, gorgeous period interiors great food and lovely staff. Super central location in Rotorua!

Charming and comfortable holiday accommodation in the perfect location 💙
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Perfect location with Goverment Garden and Lake Rotorua within 1 minute walk. Private and spacious room with good mixture of modern & antique interior throughout ( love the chandeliers ). We really enjoyed our evening at Dukes Bar & Restaurant with nice cocktails and delicious dinner.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

• Two-Bedroom Suite

My daughter had an allergic reaction to their cot mattress ending up in A&E. We asked them to remove the cot and any nuts from our bedroom but had to leave one day early because of it. They told us on check out they would call us when the manager was back at work. They never did. Restaurant poorly staffed.

Location is good

Staff were lovely and it’s a very quaint hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The shower in my room didn’t really work - it was next to impossible to get the water warm and when you did it would only last for a couple of seconds. The rooms aren’t soundproof - was woken up by the person in the room next to mine packing up tbejr bags.

Staff were lovely and it’s a very quaint hotel

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The wifi is quite strong, the water for shower is great, and...
    • Classic Double Room

The air conditioner is terrible, I set the temperature to the highest degree, but still work as cold More charge panels are required

The wifi is quite strong, the water for shower is great, and the bed is quite soft

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A real treat if you enjoy history!
    • Estate Room

You have to allow for the character of old buildings with creaky floorboards on all sides so it depends how heavy-footed or considerate other guests are!

A special piece of history that has been lovingly modernised. Handy, central location to shops and Eat Street as well as right next to Government Gardens for a morning/evening walk/jog. Well heated inside for cold, grey days and a cascade of hot pools outside to enjoy under the night sky.

Great hotel. I would definitely stay again. Service was excellent.
    • Classic Double Room

Shower took a long time to heat up and when it did the pressure was poor, then it would only be warm for short time before going to a cold temperature again. Noisy just below my room - ?over the kitchen. Lots of banging and crashing.

Great friendly service. Quick checkin process. More than happy to carry my luggage to my room. Very beautiful rooms. Warm and cosy. Very personalised stay. Would definitely stay again!

A very comfortable stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Though the suit was very comfortable and clean, it felt a little dated and in need of a tidy up. Other than that it had everything we needed for a very comfortable stay.

The staff were very friendly, location is great, just a short walk away from the town centre or the lake front.

Characterful apartment
    • Premium Two-Bedroom Suite

We had a 2 bedroom apartment in the block on the left of the main hotel (looking from the road). It did feel a little tired and musty when we arrived. I think these rooms are in need of a refurbish.

Service and location was both brilliant.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Lovely hotel but be careful of the town clock.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Unfortunately, the town clock is at the end of the street and (on the occasion of our visit) chimed loudly every hour throughout the night. We did report this to hotel staff on departure and they were going to take it up with Council. I hope this is resolved because it is dangerous to be driving the next day with a sleepless night as a result of the town clock.

Two bedroom apartment with cooking facilities excellent. The thermal pools looked great but too cold in the night air for us! gorgeous hotel section with period rooms and lovely open fire.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Perfect getaway in Rotorua and great walking distance to...
    • Premium One-Bedroom Suite

Perfect getaway in Rotorua and great walking distance to restaurants and site seeing. They locked our ebikes away over night which gave us peace of mind. Biking was a very enjoyable to see the sites, many trails through thermal wonders.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The staff were very friendly.
    • Estate Room

You are a bit closer to the lake so you get the “smell” that comes with the geothermal springs. Also the parking situation was a little confusing, and there weren’t enough spaces.

The staff were very friendly. The location was ideal! The rooms were old and charming. We got a great deal on this room.

Overall it's a lovely hotel, but there's a few things that could improve. We'd stay there again.
    • Designer Room

The breakfast was very poor (especially compared to the previous nights dinner). It was cold when *eventually* served, the poached egg was hard, and it had a teaspoons worth of hollandaise on it. The TV on the room wall sits flat, facing the window. It is not on an arm so you can't swing it around to face the bed.

The Designer room ("Wilkins") was beautiful, and a good size. The bathroom was very large. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, it was no problem getting a slightly later check out (11am). The best part was indulging in the Taste of Indigenous New Zealand degustation menu in the Duke's Fine Dining Restaurant- absolutely divine!

great, thanks.
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

would have been better to have two people on reception when we wanted to check out at 0815.

it was comfy, my foster daughter was delighted with the room. loved robes. we didn't get the chance to eat there or use pools, I have had to promise to take her again.

Very enjoyable relaxing stay and great staff
    • Estate Room

Just 2 minor deatails that didn't stop our enjoyable stay Pools could do with a bit of a paint Sky TV in room very fuzzy reception

Being an old heritage style building the whole hotel had a great ambiance and style to it Loved the lovely large antique styled rooms with modern bathrooms.The hotel lounge with the 2 fireplaces and wooden 1800s decor was fantastic and very relaxing especially with a nice wine from the bar Pools very relaxing Very enjoyable stay definately wilo go back next time in Rotorua

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Met every requirement, position, relaxing character

nil

the ambiance ,the location. The warmth, the big rooms. The character of the place, having a pre dinner drink in the lobby by the fire. It is a nice touch that the manager goes out of his way to chat to guests. loved the pool

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

excellent reasonably close to town service was great
    • Classic Double Room

We were disappointed as we usually have a big room with the big bed, but this time room was really small and bed small, we booked in may, so thought we might have got the same room as last time

We like the character of the hotel

Lovely peaceful and relaxing stay with old world charm
    • Classic Double Room

The bathroom mirror needed a light of some sort but in saying that there were plenty of mirrors in the bedroom.

The thermal pools were fantastic private and beautifully set among native planting with 3 temperature levels for all to enjoy. The daily happy hour was also enjoyed in front of the relaxing fires.

The male receptionist was very helpful.
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

When we ordered breakfast we ordered cereal and a cooked breakfast. We expected the cereal to come out first and the cooked breakfast after we had finished the cereal. Both came out together so we sent cooked breakfast back and asked for it to be kept hot. When it came back it was cold and eggs hard. Waitress should have known better.

The male receptionist was very helpful. The private spa was lovely and the room was warm and confortable. All facilities were great

I would definitely come
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Perhaps my bed is a bit like two mattress combined? But I do not mind it at all! It already has been a wow experience.

The interior designs, Though simple but full of history and I loved all of them. I liked their daily newsletter, felt pampered and real luxury. Great value for money.

The staff were exceptional.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were exceptional. Very friendly and helpful. The decor of the entire hotel was lovely and very welcoming. Breakfast was good value and beautifully presented

a perfect birthday treat for my husband Marko we will come again ...
    • Designer Room

there was nothing that we didnt like at all .

It was a lovley stay for my husbands birthday ... The ambiance was beautiful . I could of stayed longer ..Bed was very comfortable .. The food was excellent and reception staff were very friendly and welcoming which is very important when you arrive .

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Sadly, it didn’t reach our expectations.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I specifically asked Yuri if the room was noisy(as it faced the street and I am a light sleeper) and he said “no, he had slept in there and had no problems”. The road noise did wake me at 0230 and I just couldn’t get back to sleep the first night. The second night I took s sleeping tablet. Also we had dinner in the restaurant both nights, the second night we had the lamb shank and it was not cooked long enough, quite tough! I cook a much better dish at home!!!

The locality and size of the room and very comfortable bed. The first nights dinner was wonderful! We had the steak and accompanying vegetables 9/10!

Gorgeous hotel in a perfect location to everything in Rotorua.
    • Classic Double Room

Only one key for the room. bar closed 'when it becomes quiet', which was around 21:30, a little disappointing if you want a quick evening pint by the fire. Rooms arent the most sound proof, could clearly hear the people next door, however it is an old building and probably cant be helped - just grateful our neighbors were quiet.

Beautiful turn of the century hotel with excellent facilities. bar and dining area was very pleasant, staff very helpful.

Very good location, vintage charm
    • Classic Double Room

The building being very old you can hear nearly every steps in the corridors, but there’s not much they can do about that...

Very good location, vintage charm

Great holiday accommodation
    • Premium One-Bedroom Suite

No major or pertinent comments as questions raised with the Manager were in hand & being attended to progressively

Staff were excellent, able to assist with areas to visit & shops to seek out. Very comfortable bed & lovely room

Not what we were expecting.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We were disappointed with our room, we thought we were staying in the main building but we were in another apartment alongside the origninal building. The tiles were missing from the front steps and when we stepped inside we were greeted with a room that was not at all inviting and decorated in 80s style something! A real let down. Not the four and a half star rating we were expecting, I would give it a two and a half star rating.

The location was fantastic, very central, the pools lovely and relaxing and the main building was grand. We were very excited about staying here, however......

The room was a great size and really comfy.
    • Designer Room

The room was a great size and really comfy.. I loved the boutique decor.....especially the carpet. Great to have pool and spa on site. Happy hour was great too

Very Bad experience
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Was given a room no bigger than a prison cell with no window even though there was vacancy signs out both nights we stayed. When i complained to staff got a very aggressive response telling me i had booked wrong room and all rooms were the same. Have stayed before and this is just plain untrue.Also no guarantee of on site free parking even if requested

Location and common areas

Good location, close to the lake and tourist office.
    • Estate Room

No elevator to carry a 20kg bag, when asking for activities to do around, they just gave me leaflets, when the tourist office is almost next door(and they were of great help getting shuttle services, etc). The room and bathroom needs to be refurbished, they look old.

Location, close to the tourist office/bus station and very close to the beautiful lake. My choice of continental breakfast a la carte (not included in the room) was very good.

We will be back again
    • Premium One-Bedroom Suite

Nit picking but the shower could be modernised.

A lovely hotel with lots of character The room was superb. The meals were excellent. The hot pools were good but sometimes a little crowded. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

Wonderful old hotel with great atmosphere let down by the overpriced dinner.
    • Estate Room

Really disappointed by the meals (dinner especially was overpriced for what it was)

Very nice warm room with comfy bed and good bathroom. Plunge pools, tho quite small, were also great. Loved the gas fires and the rich ambience of the guest lounge.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Ideal location. Wonderful staff.

Bed was not comfortable, perhaps due to be replaced? The room we had was looking a little tired.

Staff were very obliging. Excellent location. Beautiful, quaint old building.

Charming Rotorua Escape
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

strict 2-m check in. The restaurant is over priced, and not to the standard that it tries to project, there are many better dining options in Rotorua

beautiful building, fantastic location, friendly staff, comfy room

Beautiful historical building.
    • Estate Room

Carpet needs replacing in the room. It was old and ripped in some places. I almost tripped over. But rest of room was lovely.

Beautiful historical building.

Pros and Cons but overall GOOD
    • Estate Room

TV would have been good on a swivel. Dinner plates, knives, forks and spoons would be nice although the staff were happy to supply on request. No toilet brush provided. Just suggestions not complaints.

Lovely comfortable bed. Nice ambience with character which I love. Very handy to carpark for luggage. Thermal pools beautiful at night with the rain!

Charming piece of history
    • Estate Room

The rooms are not well insulated from noisy guests. Was woken one night by guests yelling and banging on the walls to ask other guests to be quiet. The shower over the bath was narrow and quite a lot of water spilled onto the bathroom floor behind the toilet. We thought the room did not have coffee/tea or crockery, until we searched the room and found it tucked away in a little nook behind the bed. Not in an obvious place, but all good once found👍

The character of the building, the old world charm and the cosy warm fire places that give the lounge area a welcoming feel. The room was warm and comfortable. Staying in this grand old building is an experience. Staff were friendly especially in the restaurant.

Step back in time with modern luxury
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Not much to say.. perhaps coming from the U.K. would like a real log fire!

Requested feather pillows and they arrived prompt. Clean warm white fluffy towels... very warm clean and friendly hotel.

Beautiful stay at Princes Gate Hotel
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

The reception staff didnt know the soup of day wen i rang to order room service, the young barman didnt know what chivas regal is (the drink) had to say it 3 times. But that wouldnt stop us coming back.

The room was cosy!, the victorian decor beautiful! The food delicious! The pools absolute winner!!! Dont ever take them away! Quiet, relaxing and so comfortable the whole weekend! Only thing the squeaky floorboards but thats to be expected in a beautiful old building! Well done team a lovely hotel to stay at. I’ll be back!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very good location, lovely building, very good wifi
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Since the building is very old you can hear creaking everytime someone walk in the corridors, but there’s not much they can do about that, and the beautiful building makes up for it

Very good location, lovely building, very good wifi

Warm and comfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Kitchen area really small. Decor a bit tired.

Warm and comfortable. Excellent location for lakeside, gardens and restaurants in Rotorua. Great to relax in hot pools after a day sightseeing.

The customer service was fantastic!
    • Classic Double Room

Because it is an old building, the room from other guests on the stairs etc does travel, and we could hear banging through the night.

The customer service was fantastic! Friendly and welcoming. The place is beautiful, and well maintained.

I really liked the history and the elegant oldy-worldy style...
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Nothing really but we did notice that the wallpaper was peeling off the walls in areas.

I really liked the history and the elegant oldy-worldy style of this hotel. The location suited us perfectly as we could walk into town for the event we were in Rotorua for. Very comfy bed.

Very comfortable hotel in a really convenient location
    • Small Classic Room (Snug Room)

Competing for street parking with nearby city council staff if coming and going during work hours! But as said parking was free, this is a very minor quibble indeed and not actually something within the control of the hotel!

Really comfortable bed (not too firm, not too soft), really comfortable and well-appointed room. Great location in easy walking distance to the CBD shops and restaurants, Government Gardens, and Polynesian Spa.