Reviews of Allenby Park Hotel 3.5 stars

5.9

5.5

5.7

Nothing to complain about

The stay was perfect this time rund,the receptionists wur welcoming and happy and frendly. The house keeping lady and guy during my stay where very very good,professional and accomoding.thankyou for the great stay

• Budget Studio

it was not clean it had no heat the tv batteries did not work there was a broken lock on the door, it was not worth the money. very disapointed

• Budget Studio

Lack of service to units - had to ask to have anything done - asked for room to be serviced on third day but didn't happen - even when we asked towels etc no face cloths left

Location is good - good budget hotel

• Budget Studio

I didnt like the young indian boy who cleans the room in morning.NOT GOOD.sorry about puting mascara on the face cloth, but he complaned to reception when I went to get bond that there was marks all on the towels. Ive got 5 frends that stay here regularly and they dirty the towels all the time but they never get complants.but the receptionist that was on tuesday 5th was GREAT,He is very very professional and kind.

Everything is great, besides a young male, room cleaning guy.i have no complants this is best place and location,i stayed 3nights and everytime i leave i take the sheets off and clean the room making it easier for the house maids, and found socks at the end of bed inside sheets on the single bed.meaning the sheets wernt changed and cleaned for me,must of just pulled sheets up and made bed. Every else all good

• Premium Studio

Booked on line and when we booked in was told we had to pay $100.00 bond. I questioned that it was not on the site and was told yes it was. I still dont see it... Went down to the restaurant and was so drab and cold.. my husband and I ended up ordering for room service where was more comfortable. Cleanliness was substandard. All areas (both in and outside the room) werent vaccuumed for the two nights we stayed.. At night people (some looked unsavoury) walked through the parking area as if it was a thoroughfare.. Didnt feel safe .. Free wifi was rubbish.. I ended up buying data on vodafone and that was more value for money than buying wifi at the hotel.. Big rip in the netting curtains..

The steak meal.. steak cooked perfectly medium rare.. Bed was comfy and good shower..

• Budget Studio

The reception guy was so lovely and helpful. My stay was great,the room was good very happy stay. It was time to checkout and the room service house keeping guy said my towles wher theres,HELLO YOUS ANT THE ONLY 1s IN THE WORLD WITH WHITE TOWLES.it really peved me off.so no problem with the place just the no it all house keeper guy!!

Dont buy the food its not nice st all and over priced.never again.

• Budget Studio

Had to wait half an hour for a 'receptionist' to return back to the desk. When someone finally came they couldn't find our booking. Once I showed him the confirmation email and that I had already paid he started panicking. There was also a $200 bond required upon check-in which should be stated on the booking confirmation! Overall cleanliness of the motel was very poor, mould in the bathroom. Bits of the carpet was all torn up. sheets were stained and had hairs all over them. Had random people knocking on our door at odd hours of the morning, even had someone use a key to come in luckily we had the chain lock on. We then received a phone call from 'reception' at 5.00am asking if we'd just ordered breakfast and that there would be a delay??? (which we hadn't) The whole place was dodgy and grubby!!

• Budget Studio

Very old, stained wash basins,wanted to pay with Efron but automatically charged my card when I asked them not to. I explained this to them and received a very couldn't care less response, certainly not very friendly staff.

• Budget Studio

The bed sheets were stained with fluid and blood splatters. The bathroom caulking mouldy. The room smelled like cat urine. Even the lamp had fluid stains. I felt dirty being there and when I asked where a vending machine was for a bottle of water they informed me they had no such thing. It was the absolute pits.

Leaving the next day.

• Budget Studio

stains on the floor and on the bedspread , not a good look , also a bit noisy - on the flight path for the airport & a lot of trucks stay on site & leave early in the morning

quick efficient staff , no hassles

• Budget Studio

The bathroom was not moped.could still see piss drops around toilet floor,need to sanitise better. I feel the manager shud actully try sleeping in the rooms so he can hear how loud things are,because wen tha staff are going in and out of doors they slam loud when they close, and staff need to be more considerate especally after midnyte.they need to have signs in the hallways to tell people to not run thru the hallways because its VERY LOUD.very overpriced and not worth it

Was close to shops and park

• Budget Studio

Room unclean. Outside was a big mess needs a clean up big time! Drapes were ripped and unwashed. They need to update their website to show pictures of how it looks like currently. Not worth the money I paid.

• Budget Studio

Thin sheets, thin pillows, thin doors, people leaving for airport at all hours, noisy, large stain on day bed, could have been cleaner. Outside needs maintenance. Advertised as usually $195 per night save $66 so we paid $129. No way is this property a $195 per night place let alone $129!

Nice shower,clean fluffy towels

• Premium Studio

Rooms had not been made up when we arrived after 3pm, breakfast next morning was most unsatisfactory -very little juice left and not replenished, cereal strewn over serving table, no clean cutlery, we received 3 breakfasts before the kitchen caught fire and then were given no explanation or apology and then were charged for what we had received. Most unhappy end to our first day in New Zealand

• Budget Studio

When there was a fire alarm there was no direction from the staff, they stood in front entrance and did not check or talk with the few guests assembled.

Organised shuttle to concert made it so easy

• Budget Studio

linens was not look invited frm the bed, need to check the underlay got hair and stain not nice also towels got lots of stains had to ask for extra the nxt day.

Quiet

• Budget Studio

There is an unpleasant smell that permeates the lower corridor and rooms (unsure if this is an issue upstairs). Everything is tired-looking and not completely clean.

I found the staff friendly, and location good for Mt Smart Stadium (short drive away)

• Budget Studio

Room was not very clean. The carpet into the bathroom was saturated, there was mould in the shower, no soap in the dispenser, bedspreads needed to be washed, there was rubbish outside the slider door. I also thought the grounds were not well maintained.

Location was good and bathroom a good size.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Every surface was filthy, with stained walls and mould around the sink. On arrival, the room had yet to be cleaned. The towels were stained. There were cockroaches. Simply the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in.

The hot water pressure was excellent. That's the only nice thing I can say about this hotel.

• Premium Studio

Was on a busy street so heard lots of yelling at and night. Upon check in the receptionist was rude. It looked like the staff or cleaners didn't heck the room regularly as we same the same discarded plate outside a room for a good three hours before someone collected it.

Room was a good size. Bathroom had a nice big shower. Looked like a very organised place.

• Budget Studio

The cleanliness of the utensils were apauling in the restaurant. The toilet brush was gag! Should be thrown out. Door lock broken. No one to make coffee. If we had viewed first before paying online we wouldn’t have stayed there. Hair in my food also

Not much

• Budget Studio

The chef didn't turn up for work the next morning which meant we could only have a small bowl of cereal. This was disappointing as we had a big day ahead with hospital visits.

Perfect size room for me and my Aunty, had everything we needed. Lovely and clean. The receptionist was most helpful and friendly

• Budget Studio

Walking down the corridor to the room it felt and smelt like a nursing home (bad one)....The room was tired, dated and in need of maintenance. There was no aircon and it was then we found we had booked a budget room and we would need to pay another $60 to move upstairs...they replaced the fan with one that could standup on its own. The bed was awful and had woollen blankets that looked older than me..I was definitely bitten overnight by something. Didn't risk the restaurant and left at 0600 after 1 hours sleep.

Nothing at all...

• Budget Studio

The decor in the room is a bit dated. The fittings in the bathroom are also a bit dated/worn. The towels provided could also be a bit larger.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Large clean room, comfy bed, spacious bathroom. Restaurant on site. Parked outside my door. Room service is available, although I did not make use of it. I'd happily stay again.

• Premium Studio

They didn’t tell us our checkout time which made it harder for us to be organized and for us to be able to leave the hotel how we found it. Also the bed was pretty uncomfortable and they didn’t mention before booking that we needed to put down a deposit at arrival

The room was very spacious.

• Budget Studio

The outside was very ordinary (it urgently needs a refurbish or at least a good clean. Cigarette butts everywhere outside our room and dead plants. The Restaurant cleanliness was disgraceful. The previous nights dinner tables had not been cleaned by breakfast (it wasn’t busy the night before) and the breakfast crockery and cutlery were dirty. I would hate to think what the kitchen was like.

The room and bathroom were clean. The soup we had for dinner was nice and the contential breakfast okay.

as above

Not much too like...heard all the conversation from the next room...mattress was basic...appeared clean apart from the long black hair in the bathroom..Very much budget accommodation..will not book here again.

• Budget Studio

Staff were rude, needs some major maintenance done as bits are falling off the bathroom cabinet, no handle on ranchslider, garden was full of rubbish bottle tops and cigarette butts, tried to charge us for meals we never got. Cheap price clearly for a lot of reasons. Sad because it used to be a great place to stay but definately not good now.

Only thing that was good was the location to the airport.

• Budget Studio

the reception service was deplorable the bar staff could not speak fluent English and had difficulty understanding what you were ordering and the so called chef would not cook some of the stuff on the menu I had to pick 3 different things before he agreed to cook something and then he stuffed up what I ordered

• Budget Studio

3 adults stayed but only 2 towels and half a roll of toilet paper where given..and I booked on line and they knew there was 3 adults staying...no air con in our room either......I had to go ask for paper.that they had to get from another toilet..asked for towels but got told didn't have the key..so had to reuse them again.not good enought I recon.and talking Indian in front of guest is rude..if u in nz u talk English..if u don't like it go back to where u come from

Price ok

• Budget Studio

Reception are so rude. They need to learn manners and customers skills,there in there own heads.the manager needs to teach them these.dont ever order there food GROSS, kids running up and down hallway after midnight, and you can hear the staff slaming doors all thru the night.

Nothing to like

• Budget Studio

Room was in need of a few repairs. Linen was in need of replacement Cleanliness could improve. Breakfast tables weren't cleared away - only one person on.

Friendly staff Relatively Clean Air-conditioning in room

• Budget Studio

Very dated with very delapidated sofa bed. Take it out of the room. No fan in bathroom.bed very hard.

Evening meal was OK but would have been better with fresh veggies instead of frozen. The staff were very good.

• Budget Studio

Lamp light on side table wasn't working. It was good, clean, but no one came n replaced towels n tidied room but luckily I am a tidy person so cleaner wouldn't have had to do much

How close it was to my family home

• Budget Studio

The smell, our room was putrid, had to air out for half hour, Windows, air con on full to clear the smell before able to stay in it.

Ok location, easy to find, not far to motorway, got what it said it was.

• Budget Studio

Breakfast was disappointing. For a prepaid $15 breakfast all we got was a very sad continental breakfast. I wanted real coffee included, not a sachet coffee like back in our room.

The staff were friendly, greeting us in the early hours. The room was comfortable.

• Budget Studio

They do NOT have a customer orientated approach to business, indicated by the restrictive (and poorly expressed) language of their customer information. The room, whist with a comfortable bed, was crowded and uninteresting.

• Budget Studio

very dated - no air con - price on the road side was cheaper than what I paid on line

The motel was very dated - one of the window latches was broken not good for security. It was cheap

• Budget Studio

The rude man on the counter, the room was old and tired, not that clean. Noisy from other room. No air con, only a small useless fan. Had to pay a bond.

• Budget Studio

Very dated and used. Locks on doors all broken, fan broken and some of the power points were a bit iffy.

Excellent place to stay if your going to the airport. Well priced.

• Budget Studio

On arrival having to pay $100 deposit due to not having credit card. Never experienced this before. Maybe you should make people aware before they book

• Budget Studio

no warning about the $200 cash bond on the site. Could do with a total revamp of the frontage of the building. looks terrible.

cleanliness, comfortable.

• Budget Studio

Not informed of procedure for reversing bond until after payment made. Person at reception not friendly, didn't smile, no welcome. felt very morbid. NOT A PEOPLE PERSON. Not told where anything was

Did not like anything. Will never stay there again, and will not refer anyone there. Not satisfied with my stay at all.

• Budget Studio

The dirty toilet seat was shocking and the fact I had to dry myself after a shower with a hand towel as there were no towels provided pillows smelt like they hadn't been washed we used our clothing to wrap the pillows and upon check out to get my bond back I had to wait ten minutes while the guy went to check out my room not only did that make me feel like I couldn't be trusted I was highly embarrassed as there was a guest standing behind me waiting as well the car spaces near our rooms are just enough to fit your car and God forbid you have cars either side I could not open my door that's how narrow these spaces are I would not recommend this place to any human

Being able to sleep after a long trip

• Budget Studio

Paying a $100 bond I just don't understand the place is not keeped. Staff did not like me using my Visa debit card, as it was the card I had used for paying for the room online, they didn't have problem taking the money out of the account. staff very unfriendly. If this was the only left to stay at I would sleep in my van.

• Budget Studio

Could have been abit cleaner. We had booked for 3 people and they only gave us 2 towels/cups/glasses etc. no aircon and it was soo humid! There was a fan however, but it was almost broken it made no difference at all.

Good location. Easy access.

• Budget Studio

Looked nice from outside but extremely dated inside, back to the 60's in my opinion. The worse thing was the overwhelming smell of indian spices/curry that smelled throughout the hotel. No aircon in bottom rooms but a fan in replacement.

• Budget Studio

It’s a very old school accomodation. There is no air conditioning, had to use a fan that wasn’t very helpful with the heat. A bit of rust on the shower tap, the curtain rack was broken for the side door and when requested for extra towels I was told house cleaning had finished for the day? Thankfully the receptionist guy located some for me but only after a second request.

It’s a decent overnight stay and great location next to local park, 5min drive from Manukau Mall.

• Budget Studio

We placed our breakfast order, they cooked it to order taking 30 minutes but the sausages were cold, and the eggs were luke warm. Complained to the staff, they acknowledged it - but took no further action other than to apologise

• Premium Studio

The grounds were very untidy long grass everywhere . Very Dated rooms beds were just ok .. Can't say anything about the restaurant because we ate out like many others may have .. I certainly wouldn't reccomend it to family or friends ...

To be able to see your vehicle from your room .

• Budget Studio

This place is seriously run down, the grounds are unkept with rubbish everywhere, the building is old and dilapidated, the staff are unfriendly and offhand, my room was dirty with visible hand marks on doors and surfaces, there was a heater/aircon but it didn't work as there was no remote control for it, the list goes on. I regret staying here, I should have walked out and gone and found a decent place to stay, and I am disappointed that Bookings.com are promoting this establishment.

Nothing. This place is a total dump, and the staff couldn't care less about how run down and grubby the place is.

• Budget Studio

No microwave, sink, cutlery. Using bathroom tap to fill jug not hygienic. The "BOND". I have stayed in many hotels and never requested to pay this. All the above should be worded in your advertising. It's been honest to the public.

Bedding was comfortable. Location 16min to convention venue. Only available room other motels booked out.

• Budget Studio

Arrived at 10.30pm.We had a down stairs room,and it was very noisy,unsure if there is a bar near by but people partying loudly after 12pm...One of the windows in room was boarded up with wood,so didnt feel safe.I think broken windows can be fixed all hours of day and night,so made me feel unsafe,and no saftey bolt locks on slider doors to outside,carpark area.The night reception staff was freindly,the morning one was rude and bascially ignored us as I handed in key,as he was dealing with someone at the time,but could still acknowledge and say thank you.In the morning there were young teeneagers playing with a football on driveway out side room,very disruptive,and the ball smacked hard into our window,perhaps that why the other window was broken at the time? I dont think the kids were guests,more like neighbours...Area didnt feel safe,and not that close to airport.I was tired and just looked for good price and location. It was clean enough but I would say its over priced ,needs refubrishing and security could be better eg locks in rooms.

Arrived at 10.30pm. Man on reception was very freindly and helpful :)

• Premium Studio

Dirty walls in room. Non-clean kitchen and serving area (I booked with bfast was there for 3 nights & didn't have bfast once). Once I attempted dinner, had fish n chips, the chips were so oily I couldn't eat them, the fish was nice.

Clean bedding

• Budget Studio

Smelt like piss/urine. I even rang front desk and emailed them. They sd no animals there but there was animal poo outside my room. My 2nd time here and first time piss

Staff

• Budget Studio

They catered for the homeless which were noisey..the cleanliness was bad room service changed towels really late which was annoying. I had to ring reception to remind them to bring me towels in which they said the washing was not finished

I like the location

• Budget Studio

The meal ordered was TERRIBLE. It was cold when received and when asked for a new meal they heated it up in the microwave. Bathroom was filthy and heater in room broken. There were towels in the corridor to catch the leaks. It smelt mouldy.

The staff were friendly

• Budget Studio

Tried to charge for a dirty towel before we left. So I had to hand wash it and show them it wasn't stained. Not good service at all!

Cheapest in the area

• Budget Studio

Bathroom was very tired and in need of upgrade. Not very nice having a plastic pot full of cigarette butts in garden outside each room but understand that without something the smokers will probably drop butts in garden.

Room was quite nice.

• Budget Studio

Everything. Decor and all are sooooo old. I have stayed in cheaper but modern places before for $129 per night it was worth $30

Bathroom light was not working, had to get someone in to fix. It was cold and the HRV wasnt even working. Not clean at all. Not staying there again

• Budget Studio

cleanliness could have been better. dirty marks on walls and doors. booked through booking.com which always says "change booking easily" but when I booked this room it had a no change clause!!. bit of a trap!

staff were very helpful when I found my booking dates were mixed up. went out of their way to help me sort and supplied another room.

• Budget Studio

Room had a weird smell, beds had bed bugs, Food was over priced for what you received. Other guests ringing our room after midnight because they didnot know the reception number. Woke my baby up! Also police presents driving around the complex. Will not recommend this place.

The staff were friendly

• Budget Studio

only one thing; there was no outside light by the sliding door.

The customer service was exceptional friendly and very efficient. If I ever want to escape again I will certainly return without hesitation. Also compliments to the house staff for keeping the room immaculate clean and fresh. Thank you all for a very pleasant enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Budget Studio

that I had to pay for wifi. Most places I stayed at had free wifi. One female staff was quite unhelpful otherwise most of them were quite helpful. Also I got asked twice to present my ID when I asked for a second key to my room. not enough cutlery & crockery in the room.

shower were quite powerful and good access to outside via the sliding door. Room was warm and comfortable.

• Budget Studio

The cleanliness of the room was terrible! We had to get the staff to come & remake our bed at midnight as we were heading to bed as the sheets were visibly dirty, which the staff admitted. We have been told 3 times the manager would contact us to discuss the issue and still we haven't had a reply. Isn't changing the sheets a standard part of cleaning a room? The wall under the counter (that you look directly at from the bed) was filthy & had badly peeling wallpaper. The counter tops in the bathroom had grime built up in the corners & joins, indicating they aren't cleaned properly, they were disgusting. The restaurant wasn't open when they advertised it would be, meaning we missed breakfast. Generally a bad experience all round.

24 hour check in

• Budget Studio

A lot of noise from doors when guest closing doors throughout the night. Also, walking, running, talking noise throughout the night through the corridors. Doors need changing very loud when closing.

Close to Manukau mall and bus station

• Budget Studio

large bathroom yet small shower??

parking easy being able to eat and drink without travelling away from accommodation beds reasonably comfortable clean room large room and bathroom

• Budget Studio

the bar was freezing cold, walls were that thin could here someone in next room in the toilet, bed was uncomfortable, shower was terrible, this place is so old that i am surprised this is in any booking for accomodation, might have been ok decades ago but in todays standards, this is definately a thumbs down for me.

nothing at all

• Budget Studio

You had to pay for WiFi. I was given a voucher for 200 mb which for me as a business person is not nearly enough. The blanket on the bed was badly frayed and looked very shabby and old. I expected better. The bathroom counter around the sink edge needed some patching up. Soap dispenser in the shower empty or perhaps not being used anymore. The shower was absolutely fantastic ..one of the best pressures and good and hot!but the door stuck a bit when trying to open it ..was a bit afraid I might break it. The security lock on the door was only a light chain lock.Door security could definitely use an upgrade. Beautiful view outside the sliding ranch doors onto the park. Room service I did not use as there were not nearly enough reasonably priced options. Good parking. A bit noisy at times with children running freely and loudly up and down corridor. I enjoyed the peaceful .surroundings in what is a busy part of Auckland.

Very good staff, friendly and efficient.

• Budget Studio

Rubbish bin stacked outside motel room, very noisy and room was not nice. I checked out after one night, As I could not face staying another night.

• Budget Studio

The bathrooms are very old style but clean .

Bed was good and comfortable and the lighting was good as well. Missed having a mirror in the room apart from the bath room.

• Budget Studio

The sheets on the bed wasn't clean,and the service wasn't done properly,also taken money off my account a few days before we can came in.i

The parking was good .

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Budget Studio

This Hotel needs a good clean the basics are there but need some TLC. The sheets didn't fit on the bed, the curtians were the not the right size and not fitted corectly.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Budget Studio

The place feels old and tired and could do with a facelift. The restaurant meal was very average.

The location was very handy to the airport. The rooms were a good size, user friendly and clean. The bar person and restaurant assistant / waiter was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Budget Studio

Everything, it was dirty, there was cockroaches on the walls, very old and run down, shower looked worse than a public shower

nothing, we liked leaving