Reviews of Quest New Plymouth Serviced Apartments 4.5 stars

21 Currie Street, 4340 New Plymouth, New Zealand

#3 of 13 Holiday rentals in New Plymouth

Would definitely stay again.
    • Studio Apartment

Just a couple of minor housekeeping issues - the lid on the jug broken and hairdryer chord needing attention, which I left a note about. No big deal, unless they had previously been told.

The studio room was extremely spacious and well appointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was very quiet, which is always a bonus after a busy day working. The Quest is in a really good location, close to all the restaurants and shops.

Exceeded expectations - my new go to
    • Studio Apartment

really not sure what could have been better - maybe an individual conditioner and shampoo(?) although there was a full range of creams and body wash etc..

I normally stay at the corpthorn up the road so went into the acoomodation after a ling day with a pretty negative attitude and was absouletly blown away. The guy at repection was more than helpful and i could use the city fitness gym with my room key. the room was modern and clean and the shower was brilliant. A massive bed, functioning alarm clock and easy to use and clean kitchenette.

Quiet, clean, comfortable, centrally located.
    • Studio Apartment

Pillows could have been a little better? That's about it!

Nice central location, easy walking distance to restaurants, pubs, etc. The Quest also has a chargeback facility with a dozen or so local restaurants which could be useful. Great room. Would stay again.

Nice place on a budget.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The bathroom was a bit cramped. Too much going on in one little room

Convenient location, plenty of food options near by. Tidy and comfortable furnishings

Economy and convenience.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Need more kitchen facility and windows that can be opened.

Easy access and convenience even after check in time. Parking level same as my rented unit make it easy for me to move my luggage.

Good location, clean and plenty of room in the 2 bed...
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

Felt a bit boxed in as the windows were small and high but definitely acceptable.

Good location, clean and plenty of room in the 2 bed apartment. Staff we’re great and there was plenty of parking.

Clean, simple - nothing too special.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel reception wasn't expecting us, and that made parking and arriving inconvenient. The shower head was broken and it was not a good shower experience. There wasn't an extractor fan in the toilet. a lamp in the lounge area was blown.

The Bed was comfy, the kitchen was clean

It was in a good location, but not at all inviting.
    • Studio Apartment

The décor and lighting were austere yet ineffective. The ceiling was very high with cold white flush lights that were too dim to read in bed, and the bedside lights were too heavily shaded. The window sills were too high to see out of without standing up.

The bed was comfortable and everything was clean.

A lovely location and soundproof rooms comfortable and warm enough.The city is so well planned and e
    • Studio Apartment

it was all good thank you

The room was soundproof I never knew a tornado had hit the city that night.The desk clerks were charming and gracious and the manager was well informed about the Maori history of the region.The cleaning lady was very nice and efficient.

Great location and facilities - staff could have been better.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

At checkout we were told that there was an extra $80 to pay for a pull out bed (we were a group of three), however, we had never requested this and nor was it in the room. I was told that it was booking.com fault and that I would have to pay it. I refused as it was never even in the room. EVENTUALLY it got taken off the room and we payed the original price.

Location was perfect.

Overall, we liked how modern our room was and how clean and tidy it was.
    • Studio Apartment

The view coukd be better as we were looking at the side of a building wall.

Being able to arrive after hours and staying extra hours for reasonable price.

Reasonable accommodation for a short stay in New Plymouth.
    • Studio Apartment

Unfortunately, the air-conditioning ducting has a distinct air handling rumble that is easily heard at night whilst trying to sleep (In the room we stayed in). Not sure how that might be managed.

The location of Quest in New Plymouth's city centre is good. Close to street shopping and a major indoor shopping plaza.

Best location in New Plymouth
    • Studio Apartment

We reserved for a parking spot when booking and there was no parking space at the parking lot... I saw exactly the same looking/brand cars parked next to each other taking over the whole row (5-6of them) was wondering if they were the rental cars from the rental company... that really was the only inconvenient thing as it says on the website the free parking is included but it wasn't really

Location couldn't be any better the centre city shopping mall was right next door and you can walk to anywhere. We walked to the museum art gallery town center and the beach. Room was very spacious and clean comfortable. Definitely would come back to stay with them

Would stay again great location and comfortable bed and great size room.
    • Studio Apartment

The shower head needs looking at and the fridge was noisy so we turned it off overnight. Not biggies reported these faults to reception on checking out so they can fixed for the next guest. Did not interfere with our stay

The met and greet upon arrival was very helpful as were were tired

in the end after nearly losing it... i was in pain.. had just had an op... long drive through storm
    • Studio Apartment

not what i booked (2 single beds). and when we got there got lumped with a double bed we were expected to share as housekeeping had gone home

person at the front desk very nice and accomadating

Adequate
    • Studio Apartment

Mix up on check in. Told we didn’t have a room and someone had stayed an extra night and were given our room. Eventually Manager called and sorted. Fridge very noisy and milk frozen so no cup of tea. Water crisis in New Plymouth during our stay however no information given to us on check in and when asked about the water situation Manger didn’t know anything about it. No hook for hand towel in bathroom.

Great location, close to the city centre and the Coastal...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I had to remove the bikes from the top of my car to get into the parking area due to height restrictions.

Great location, close to the city centre and the Coastal Walkway. Very quiet despite all the hotels in town being close to capacity at the time due to Americarna. Helpful staff (contacted me ahead of our stay to discuss room preference as I required 2: 1 for myself, my partner and baby, and 1 for my two older children)

Fantastic stay and ideal for families.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms were very spacious. Our 1 bedroom apartment had 2 couches a large tv and ample room for our 3 year old to play with his toys. He was also able to make use of the spa bath in the room. The air con was wonderful too due to the humidity when we visited. And parking was provided and a breeze.

gave me everything I wanted for a quick work trip.
    • Studio Apartment

Fridge was noisy, no prob I just unplugged it at night. Also aircon worked well but I had to turn it off to sleep - I forgot my earplugs!

Good wifi. I was able to stream the UFC on my laptop, can't ask for better wifi than that! Also, I liked being able to check by myself after hours, not dealing with people is a bonus for me.

Very enjoyable.
    • Studio Apartment

You advertise as being environmentally aware but we feel you could do better. For example, if a towel was hung up it was not meant to be replaced , the dishwasher was used for one mug and glass and dispensers would be better than lots of little plastic containers.

• Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

The lack of windows in the internal apartments is very poor...the dark ,airless effect does not encourage any holiday feeling at all. Fortunately the air con unit was effective but even so, the airless feeling would prevent me from risking another stay.

Loved New Plymouth, loved the Quest - looking forward to coming back!
    • Studio Apartment

The debit card I inititally booked with was put on hold even though we paid using a credit card when we checked out. It took several days to get this hold removed. I appreciate that Quest need to secure payment but the hold should have been removed as soon as we paid by other means.

The location is superb, being in the heart of New Plymouth with all the attractions within walking distance, including Pukekura Park. Large comfortable room, all amenities including a dishwasher and off street parking.

Location was excellent - near art gallery and museum and...
    • Studio Apartment

Staff couldn't provide some ice for our room when requested - this was an unusual lack of service.

Location was excellent - near art gallery and museum and tourism info and shops

Excellent location, value for money.
    • Studio Apartment

The corridors were like a dimly lit maze and its not straight forward to get you your room. TV reception was not great.

Excellent location and free parking. Simple room but lots of space and it had everything we needed.

Good central location. Clean and comfortable
    • Studio Apartment

Only one standard glass in kitchen and one out of the two wine glasses was badly chipped. Bathroom shower drainage system had water overflowing when showering into the toilet vanity area.

Clean and comfortable, good parking, friendly helpful staff

Will never stay there again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Booked 2 adults 1 child 11 years old. Booking site said $207 when we checked out they charged us extra $40 for single bed for 11 year old to sleep in. Where did they expect child to sleep on the floor. We felt totally misled and ripped off.

It was all right
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our room was always last for cleaning. We have an infant and would go out for a few hours every day expecting the room to be serviced. In one week it was cleaned only once.

Responsiveness of management. Fridge broke down and was replaced promptly.

Xmas holiday break
    • Studio Apartment

Very noisy fridge which was replaced after we let reception know. Tiny high window so room dark and felt claustrophobic, needed lights on all day. Photos on booking.com not a good representation as they showed 2 big windows in studio.

Central location, free parking, modern room with kitchen.

Location was very handy
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Disorganised check in and staff not very accommodating. Only given incomplete towels for 2 despite booking room for 3 ppl. Room also not ready despite being 1.5hrs after standard check in time.

Location was very handy

What could have been really wonderful experience was marred by one simple thing, slow services.
    • One-Bedroom Executive Suite with Spa

I was disappointed with how late in the day cleaning service was. By 3.30pm on the first day I gave up and went in search of the cleaners to request clean towels. On the 2nd day of 3 day stay it was the same time of day. I called 2x to reception and told they were busy but would come sometime. In the end I found the cleaners and gave them our rubbish myself. I just wanted to relax at the end of a really busy day and not wait for services to come through. Receptions answer to my comments on check out were that the cleaners were really busy. My thoughts are if you have full occupancy then ensure you have the right number of staff on. It’s not the cleaners fault. In fact they looked very busy and I felt sorry for them hence I did my own room. At $220+ per night I would expect more.

Location. Size of the room. Very nice.

Location was great.
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

Location was great. The room was very spacious and had lots of space for the 5th traveller. Cooking facilities were great and we could also do washing in the room. Wifi was pretty good too.

Most enjoyable
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very clean and tidy. It had everything we wanted for our 2 night stay. Great location and walking distance to bars, restaurants and shops. It was lovely and quiet and the bed super comfortable.

The location was across the road from mall and various...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Would have been nice to be able to.opdn a window for some fresh air but that is not possible with building design.

The location was across the road from mall and various cafe's. 1 block from ocean so an easy walk to most things

They held our bags while we went 'exploring' and...
    • Studio Apartment

They held our bags while we went 'exploring' and when we arrived back an hour early, our room was available so were able to access it sooner which really helped.

Stay good, mattress yukky, couch and sofas uncomfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

Sofa, armchairs and single beds were uncomfortable. Cudnt relax properly unless you hopped on the bed but not for long as thats for sleeping.

Cleanliness, great staff, bathroom great, kitchen wonderful, nice neverage, fantastic location.

Nice stay close to the Coastal Walkway.
    • Studio Apartment

The bathroom is particularly small. The windows are high, thus there is little light in the room. Finding spots in the carpark was complicated, especially because it was a long weekend, and there were many families moving on.

Quest is always a safe bet in terms of comfort and care. The studio had all the items you may need. Even, it has a ceramic coated pan, which made very easy to cook without concerns regarding messing the pans. A great place for a short stay.

Excellent value for money, clean & in a great location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The windows - not being able to look out as they were high up but it was OK for a couple of days as we were visiting family. Had we been there for a vacation, we would have liked to see the ocean or the streets below but it had been a post office in a past life so a commercial building.

Locality - could leave the car & walk to almost everywhere in the city.

Modern.
    • Studio Apartment

Modern. Good security. Dirext access to parking on first floor. Professional staff. Hot plates for cooking in room if required. All ammenities immediately close by.

Great place to stay with kids
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

Was very cold when we got there so would have been good to have the heating on for our arrival. We were in adjoining suites to our young kids but couldn't keep the doors in between open very easily - had to use furniture.

Huge amount of space and really great for us as a family. Parking was outside the main door which was great. Good kitchen facilities. Comfortable and homely.

Very clean and modern.
    • Studio Apartment

Very clean and modern. Free cancellation encouraged me to book as I was driving from wellington-Auckland but all the roads were shut so I had an option to cancel if they re-opened without any expense.

The room was quite and was in a great location
    • Studio Apartment

Booking.com assumed that the child we had was a baby and in fact was 16 so we had a cot instead of a bed which was an issue and they couldn't fit a bed in our room and didn't have a bigger room to offer

The room was quite and was in a great location

Straight-forward, business style CBD accommodation
    • Studio Apartment

Simple instructions for check in and check out for a first-timer. Location was great - parking was excellent. The info and room charge back facility for local cafes is a great idea.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Well located, pleasant and comfortable
    • Studio Apartment

Would have liked to be able to open a window, but the aircon worked well.

Easy close parking, right in the city. Close to restaurants, room was quiet and comfortable, clean and well maintained. loved the coastal walk. New Plymouth was a really nice town. Reception staff friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I had requested a porta cot both online and when I spoke to someone who phoned to confirm booking but when we got there that night with our sleepy toddler there was no porta cot and they didn't have access to one, lucky we had one in the car. And the heat pump in our room made horrific noises! Kept waking us up so had to turn it off which wasn't ideal as we had our newborn sleeping in the room and it was so cold - so disappointing for the price

Fantastic place to stay in the heart of New Plymouth!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The stove top hobb is a little dated. But to be honest everything else was fantastic!!!

Very spacious apartment, quiet and in the middle of the city, so handy to shopping centre!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great central location and parking
    • Studio Apartment

Shower curtains did not contain water and did not drain away..fan also ineffective for bathroom fog. Stereo did not work but I got a DVD player instead..

Nice big room

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Stay in the center of New Plymouth
    • Studio Apartment

I mucked up my booking and did not order a room with washing machine. But the management were very helpful and helped to move us on the second night. Obviously I should have read the facilities in each room category and not relied on the pictures

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

A little gem worth checking out
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Could not fault this property

Right in the middle of the city, the Quest Apartments were the old Post Office. They have been tastefully converted into luxery apartments. Having a washing machine and drier was a bonus, free off street parking and a shopping centre across the road. A few minutes away is an excellent walk wayheading down to the port one way and towards Bellblock the other. A couple of minutes walk away an excellent museum and art gallery along with the Len Lye gallery.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Central location.
    • Studio Apartment

There was an air-conditioning unit outside my room's window humming 24/7 and the office building across the alley next door had it's internal lights on all night so even with the curtains closed, there was ambient light in the room.

Central location.

Strange rooms with windows so high you cannot see out them.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room had no windows you could see out. The windows started above head-height. The windows did not open, leaving the room always a little stuffy.

The location was great - the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Comfy at the quest
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A balcony would've been nice but we only had to walk a small distance to a BBQ area which was great

The spa bath was awesome. The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Looking for convenient, comfy and quiet in the heart of New Plymouth? Stay at the Quest.
    • Studio Apartment

Would like to have had a lounge chair in the room. My mum had one in the room next door, we only had a desk chair.

Love, love the location. Lots of good things: laundry facilities, selection of TV channels, air con, well equipped kitchen, high ceilings give a great sense of space and roominess.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Imentioned to the receptionist that we were gluten free and...

No windows

Imentioned to the receptionist that we were gluten free and then 30mins of going out for a walk with my partner we went back to our room and there was gluten free bread already there!!! Was awsome!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Lovely Facilities
    • Studio Apartment

The gentleman on front desk needs to learn the area he couldn't help me find them when lost. Got me to park in main road but forgot the road is shut Sundays for a market to was hemmed in by stalls.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

New Plymouth was wonderful. It has improved so much with Cafe's, restaurants, coastline walks
    • Studio Apartment

I can't think of anything.

Location is phantastic, just a short walk to the Tasman Sea, to shops and main street. Taranaki has 3 things quite near: the mountains, Tasman Sea and bush walks - absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

This was a really great place - right in the middle of town - super!
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

The apartment had very high windows... was ok for us because we were only there at night...

Location was fabulous - close to everything! The parking was terrific - close. The staff were terrific - there was a minor whoopsie which the staff put right straight away!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

A spacious and sunny apartment.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very happy and obliging staff. A well equipped kitchenette with dishwasher and having a washing machine and tumble dryer in the bathroom was so convenient. Fast internet.

Great location!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Was quite expensive for two nights, as had to pay extra for the pull out bed, which I had thought was covered when I booked through this website.

Liked the unlimited free wifi and the pull out bed was very comfortable. Unit was nice and clean, and very quiet. Location was excellent, we didn't even use the car.

Great place to stay!
    • Studio Apartment

Nothing, all was good for us.

The staff there were very helpful and kind. Bed was nice and comfy and liked that there was a guest laundry free of charge! A+ from me.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Great central location, room facilities were good
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our room had a noisy and cold internal aircon system that we could do nothing about. Spoke to the reception about this and they said that it was set up for the whole building and they couldn't adjust it

Great central location, room facilities were good

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Great Place to Stay
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

A little hard to find the parking area. WiFi had issues to start with but was resolved.

Accommodation was spacious and clean. Staff were very helpful. The location was superb. Right in the middle of the city.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

A a treasure in New Plymouth!
    • Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Apartment

The location was incredible, close to shopping, great food and ocean. The parking was wonderful also! Great experience. The apartment was well appointed and very quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great Location to town
    • Studio Apartment

Only one facecloth (flannell) for 2 people?, would have liked a small couch in the room to sit on, only the bed to sit on or 2 plastic dining chairs

Great location to town, clean,modern,nice breakfast supplied in room

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Great location for access to town and waterfront.
    • Studio Apartment

Room was located next to carpark entrance which was a bit noisy.

Great location for access to town and waterfront. Room very large and well lit, comfortable and very clean.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

The bed was comfortable, & ensuite was good
    • Studio Apartment

Kichenette facilities were not acceptable standard. Crockery cupboards far too high. Microwave far too low. Need to be an unusual couple, 1 giant & 1 dwarf!. No outlook, windows too high. Could not recommend this unit.

The bed was comfortable, & ensuite was good

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great place to visit
    • Studio Apartment

Cool air coming into the room from a vent by the Door didnt seen to be a way to stop it.Not part of the Air Conditioning

Being right in the centre of New Plymouth was great Free parking an added bonus

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Functional in a very central location.
    • Studio Apartment

The fact that the bed faced the kitchenette. I would have liked some separation. A hook for the hand towel & flannel would be good. A few microwave dishes would have been useful & a small draining rack.

Bookshelf in corridor. High ceilings. Laundry facilities. Gym access.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Location is excellent, right down town with many restaurants...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Parking is an issue because Quest do not have enough parking spaces and leaving a vehicle on the street downtown might not be a good idea. Relatively expensive, although there may be smaller rooms that are cheaper.

Location is excellent, right down town with many restaurants and bars nearby. Room was large with a separate bedroom.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Good sized rooms in a well located hotel.
    • Studio Apartment

It was not the hotels fault, but the noise from a nearby nightclub on Saturday night was very intrusive.

The hotel was well located with ample parking.The rooms were of a good size and were well equipped.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Large, quiet Apartment close to everything we wanted to visit and see.
    • Studio Apartment

Whole grain bread as well as white with breakfast would have been great.

The room was large with big windows that let in all the afternoon sun. The heating was quick and effective. The staff were friendly and helpful,offering to help with our luggage as well. Parking was provided. Continental Breakfast was provided daily in the room and was most adequate. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Fabulous location, clean and tidy.
    • Studio Apartment

There was nowhere to sit in comfort in the apartment.

Location was awesome for exploring the city. We were there for three nights and didn't need the car once.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

We are coming back again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Maybe we could have been told to upgrade our room as was way to small for a family of four.

I like that the rooms are clean fresh and modern The staff were awesome... very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

central location. free parking.
    • Studio Apartment

No ventilation in rooms. Compact rooms but ok. Noisy fridge and exhaust fan.

In centre of town. Free parking and wifi. Close to restaurants and waterfront.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Good hotel if you have eye shades
    • Studio Apartment

Curtains were totally rubbish letting in light via the top and bottom. So expect to be awake at dawn!!

Suprisingly quiet room bearing in mind the city location. Nicely equipped with comfy bed. Helpful staff and some nice restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Quest the Best in New Plymouth
    • Studio Apartment

Can't name anything. Very hard to fault.

Modern, well appointed, clean, fresh, comfortable... It was central and within walking distance of shopping centres, cafes, restaurants, bars, waterfront etc. There was off street parking and a text to advise that if arriving after 4pm (as we were) what to do, how in to get key etc...