Reviews of Rayland Motel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

12 Lakewood Court, 2241 Auckland, New Zealand

#127 of 161 hotels in Auckland

5.2

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

The cleaning staff were great our studio room was great...

The office staff were a bit disorganised our family room wasn’t as clean as it could be. And I noticed because we had a late check out that they don’t change the blankets on the bedding they made the bed up with clean sheets but no blankets left the rooms 🤢

The cleaning staff were great our studio room was great value for $. We got to check out late of 1 of our rooms which I had requested on booking 👍most likely would go back as easy to find and I like the location just know for next time to use own blankets because they don’t get changed

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Relaxing cool location
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The staff were the best. Very accommodating. No noise disturbance due to the construction going on outside. Spent an extra night - which says alot. Lots of eateries - spoilt for choice. Location - convenient

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Served the purpose and generally met our requirements
    • Studio Unit

There was no place to hang up the bath towels or the tea towel in the kitchen. We specifically advised that we didn't need our towels changed daily but they were anyway. We left the heat pump on while we were out so it would be warm for our return but it had been turned off. Could not set the time on the clock radio although it had been replaced - the same problem with the original one.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Studio Unit

We didn't like television in the room. TV was broken. When it was working it didn't have good selections of channels and sports shown were all same.

The location was very good, very close to the mall and the venue where we had NZ Square dancing convention.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Ok for short stays ...
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Unfortunately, our room needed to be aired every time we returned. All of our clothes (regardless of whether worn or not) will now need to be laundered. Source of smell was never idebtified.

Motel location was excellent; close to large shopping centre & train station. It was also opposite Rainbow End. We appreciated the kitchenette in our room so we were able to dine in & relax.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

The hotel didn’t live up to my expectations
    • Family Deluxe Unit

The stairs to go up to our room and the landing area had water all over the floor and very slippery and dangerous from the rain which had come through the roof my kids nearly slipped up.

The staff where friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Over all very satisfactory for my needs. Thank you
    • Studio Unit

I didn't have any blankets on my bed and had to get duvet out of the cupboard. I didn't know how to get TV1 and I wanted to watch the royal wedding. It took a long time for the water to run hot in the shower.

It was quiet and clean. Convenient to my conference venue.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

The staff are great and the room was clean and comfortable.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The property was good except for the major constructions happening around it. It was noisy and their big trucks parked in the carpark.

The staff are great and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Overall a really good stay for the one night we were there.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The noise of the traffic outside was a little high and for light sleepers was a little difficult.

The location of the motel was perfect for getting to the Airport the next morning. The beds were comfortable and it was a great size for our family.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

We will be back.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The shower could have been cleaner/extra toilet paper would be good.

Beds are very comfy. Tv easy to use. Close to Airport which was why we have stayed again.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Ok
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Did not like the price going up once I paid on my card $60 once it went through $110 with no chance of returning to the start this has happened before on booking . Com to me

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Apart from that unfortunate incident I was satisfied with my stay at this motel
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

I left two cleansing products in the shower in my haste to leave at the later time of 11am and when I phoned the motel back later that same afternoon in regards to these two items. I was told the intems were not found and I remember them being there specifically from the previous night. I was not impressed the facial cleanser alone set me back a good $15 - 20.00.

I slept in and was allowed to check out late 11am.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Dennys, Valentines and KFC right there so good for eating out. Close to rainbows end and airport.
    • Family Unit

Very noisy staircase, can hear neighbours through walls. Would have loved kids beds in one space and adults in another so we all didn't have to go to bed at the same time.

Clean and friendly service.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Convenient location, staff were nice.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

We had 2 rooms our second room smelt like smoke asked 4 another room no go being non smokers, got headaches. Despite letting reception no, no compensation. Won't stay there sgain.

Convenient location, staff were nice. It was clean, beds comfortable, but in genersl everything needs a up-grade.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Below par for the dollar and beret places to stay.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

They room was hot and had a skylight so no sleep in possible. Location under flight path with construct both sides. It was noisy and would not stay there again.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

served the purpose as we were going to a cincert
    • Family Unit

three flights of stairs to get to room with no outdoor lights air con not working kitchen light not working door would not lock everything old and tired looking would not stay again as it is over priced for what you get

location was good

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

All we could get but grossly over-priced tatty motel
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Grossly overpriced (last minute booking through Booking.com) - 3x the standard rate - because “Auckland was full”. Old style cheap motel with awful shower and plastic fittings coming off the wall; mould around the basin; no bench space; v loud, tiny refrigerator; tired decor and cheapo carpet.

Not too far from the airport (although the taxi driver overcharged) and was close to the ARR so got in and out of Auckland easily.

I would stay again :)
    • Studio Unit

My problem was there was only one ramp and lots of steps. I was in room 40 and had a large suitcase, so going up and down all the steps was not easy. Ground floor would have been easier. I had wheels but did not want to make too much noise disturbing other clients at 0430am :)

The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff were excellent and the order for the Shuttle to the Airport great. From the outside it looks very ordinary but it was fine.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

No Ventilation in Toilet/Bathroom.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

No Ventilation in Toilet/Bathroom. Paid a bit too much for what it is worth. However, the mistake of booking it was mine and can say that the staff were polite and the rooms were clean. Bit out-dated and can do with a good upgrade, but it had Air Con and comfortable sleeping beds. Can't expect motels to be just like home. 4/5 overall.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

OK for a quick stop before embarking on road tour of amazing NZ.
    • Studio Unit

Not a great location, right next to a busy motorway. Price was high for a similar setting elsewhere. No breakfast included in higher than average price.

Easy to find and close to airport and Northern Motorway. Good for a late night arrival and quick sleep before hitting the road.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Great location and value. Would stay again!
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

After booking, read some negative comments!! Was a little tentative. Fears allayed. Very friendly, helpful reception staff. Stored our luggage plus extra bits! Established Motel complex but very comfortable. Can hear Freeway traffic- construction around - we had early 7am departure so did not disturb us.Excellent access to Airport (used 380 bus) and short easy walk from Manukau shopping centre. Had afternoon to kill so caught train into city. Plenty of dining options close by.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

The Hotel was close to where we wanted to go
    • Studio Unit

One of the staff members in the afternoon was not very pleasant to deal with compared to the lovely lady I dealt with in the morning

The Hotel was close to where we wanted to go Was clean and had everything we required

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Nice staff, close to shopping centre and bus stop for...
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Extra lock on door would be nice. New building being built right next door. Construction would be bothersome to anyone needing to sleep during the day but no problems overnight.

Nice staff, close to shopping centre and bus stop for InterCity

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

We booked the room a year ago and had to pay a deposit 👎 due...
    • Family Unit

We booked the room a year ago and had to pay a deposit 👎 due to our nationals to be held in Manaukau. The venue of our Nationals changed to go out West (Waitakere) at the beginning of January 2018. With this change we called to enquire to cancel with Rayland to look for a closer accommodation to be more convenient for us, however when we called and tried to cancel our room we were told if we cancel we would not get our deposit of $172.00 back. Now that's pretty ratshit considering it was 2 & 1/2 months notice which would of given untoll time for the room to be booked by other guests. Thanks to your motel declining our request we spent more time traveling from Manaukau to Waitakere or staying there majority of the time to avoid the travel or congestion of traffic during peak hours so we didn't miss our game times. The rooms are out dated, for a studio to fit 4 people is really small. Not enough seating if we got visitors come and visit. Kitchenette is to small, cooking Hobbs are slow at heating not enough elements to cook for 4 adults or prepping meals, no oven to keep majority of your cooked meats warm while waiting for other stuff to cook, not enough bench space to prep food for meals. Lucky Dennys was there for a proper meal solution. Bedding could feel the springs from the mattress on a couple of the beds. Paying the amount of money at least free WiFi or some some megabytes of wifi for the room would of been great. At least something to give back to your customers! The main stairs to go up to the level 2 feel abit dodgy. May want to look at that for Health and Safety reasons. Would not recommend any of my family and friends here at all.

Close enough to airport.
    • Family Unit

Didn't realise massive development next door to it. Not that this effected our stay in anyway.

Very handy to airport food shops & Valentines etc. It was clean & comfortable & reception very friendly.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Staff are nice and friendly.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Repeat: no airport shuttle bus! No airport shuttle bus, which is not like what it says on booking. So I spend 80 NZD on taxi to make me a round trip. WiFi is totally out of order. Sad.

Staff are nice and friendly. Quiet and comfort bed. With good private parking.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Value for Money
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

After giving all our details to Booking.com the check-in process repeated asking for the same details making it more long winded than it needed to be

Value for Money

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Was fine for my late arrival/early departure, handy to airport and much cheaper than closer motels.
    • Studio Unit

Be aware there is a large constrution site right next door, so expect a lot of noise from 0700

Friendly staff, very clean, nice strong aircon unit. Couldnt get TV to work but that could just be user error.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Wouldn't stay again
    • Studio Unit

When I arrived the person said I had to pay a $100 deposit because of my type of Visa card. I'm from New Zealand and stay in hotels regularly, and I've never heard such nonsense. I said I'd like to cancel my booking and stay somewhere else, but he was quite hostile about that and would not consider refunding me. The peeling paint and run-down exterior made me feel uncertain about the place and whether I'd get my money back. They did refund my money about 5 days later, but I'd never stay in this place again as the experience was just so strange. The previous place I stayed in was nice, so this place seemed so terrible after staying in a good place.

The room was clean and quite spacious, but the harsh fluoro lights made it uncomfortable on the eyes. There are two levels to this motel, and the guests above were noisy with a lot of stomping (I'm assuming it was children, but it was odd they were still stomping past 10.30pm). There was a highway outside the bedroom window, but the cars were not too noisy after 10pm.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

it was okfor a short time stay
    • Studio Unit

there is a construction going on next door, lots of noise, early in the morning. it is hard to find the location due to the constroction!!!

its walking distance to trains and bus station . The staff is really nice, very accomodeiring!!! The Room size was ok, beds are good and and shower also nice.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

The location was brilliant, the staff were friendly, and the...
    • Family Unit

The upstairs room got very hot as the air conditioning was in the wrong place to cool upstairs. The tv reception wasn’t great either.

The location was brilliant, the staff were friendly, and the place was roomy and clean

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

A good stopover for one night between flights.
    • Studio Unit

It will be even better when the surrounding building works are finished!

Very economical accommodation, spacious and clean. Acessible by public transport from the airport. 380 Airporter bus just 3.5NZ$

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Was very satisfied and happy with this place!
    • Family Unit

1. Just the climb up the stairs as we had 5 pieces of luggage after arriving from holiday!

1. The facilities definitely met my expectations. I was not expecting it to be like that!! Very pleased. 2. Very close to Manukau shopping mall which is only a stroll away 3. Family restaurants just outside

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Terrible
    • Family Unit

No remote for tv. No fan upstairs extremely hot in upstairs bedroom no airflow . Noisy as the building is on an extremely busy road and no sound proof would not recommend to anyone.

The room was clean

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Near Westfields shopping centre and close enough to airport - make not BUILDING WORK ONGOING
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Building work is happening right next to the motel. We weren’t disturbed but if I remember right the advert didn’t warn us. No free WiFi- have to pay

The bed is very comfy. Tea coffee included in room. Have a kitchenette to make quick food. Walkable distance to countdown / westfields shopping centre.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

• Special Offer - Studio Unit

Unclean, mould, sticky floors, tv didn't work properly and skylight above bed. Recommended shuttle company cancelled on us while we were waiting for them at the airport.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Glad we only had to stay one night.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Seemed a little run down. Also a lot of noise from people in the neighboring unit meant we didn’t get the best sleep.

Nice and close to where we wanted to go,

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

The Rayland Motel worked great for our family group of six coming to race at Vector Wero White Water
    • Family Deluxe Unit

A bit hot and stuffy in the upstairs part of the unit. Needed somewhere to dry wet gear clothes and towels for the number of guests and that could have been in the big space where the bath wasn’t.

Friendly and helpful staff and very convenient for Vector Wero White Water Park and airport, with shops nearby.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Disgusting
    • Studio Unit

-Mould on the roof -tv wasn’t tuned in -fridge was on a lean -bathroom door wouldn’t shut properly -stains on blankets and pillows We definitely won’t be back

Location only

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

Not what me & my family expected. The place looked really old & not very safe.
    • Family Unit

The overall look of the property, staff were not professional with the exception of the guy that checked us in. The room on the 2nd floor was really hot you need the fan on the whole time. Just didn't enjoy staying there at all.

The bed was very comfy & lots of parking.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Was defintely 3 star - but would rate it less. Warning - don't go to Valentines next door. Very poor
    • Family Unit

We stayed in a family unit . The upstairs sleeping area was so hot we couldn't sleep - no air con, only fan. There was air con downstairs but cooled only down there. We couldn't leave windows open as the motorway ran close to our windows - way too noisy. The place was run down - needs a paint outside. Many random people staying ? used as a government accommodation place? Had to keep door and curtains closed as felt unsafe. Also there seemed to be no sprinklers. The smoke alarms were out of reach so we couldn't test them.

Well equipped kitchen and comfortable beds. Cleaning staff very pleasant and did a great job.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

disappointing, as this was the most expensive motel out of 4 that we stayed at during our holiday
    • Family Deluxe Unit

The initial greeting by the gentleman behind the counter was a little standoffish. There were no evacuation notices in the unit saying what to do, where to go in an emergency. The TV in the bedroom was an electrical hazard. It was joined to an extension cord by twisting the wires and wrapping in tape.

The cleaning staff were very friendly and do a great job. Loads of car park space

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Comfy and easy place to stay
    • Studio Unit

If I really had to find something..... couple of window hinges getting shabby and sky sports tv reception could be better. But those are pretty immaterial really.

Air conditioned. A must have for auckland. Easy parking. Friendly staff. Good shopping (Manukau mall) 2 minutes away. Rainbows end across the road. Motorways to everywhere nearby. Variety of good, middle of the road restaurants and takeaways within 200 meters. Not the spot for fine dining if that's your thing.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

A comfortable night in a clean room for a good price.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The shower was dated - I could hear voices of people outside but not very loud and not late at night. I couldn't find the plug to wash the dishes, reception didn't have a plug, so left the dishes dirty.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. It was an inexpensive nigths accomodation before an early morning trip to the international Airport.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

just a bed for the night
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

My first encounter with staff was to request a $100 bond on top of the rate for a one nights stay because I paid with a debit card. Apparently its normal but I was not aware. Then the bathroom door was swollen and wouldnt close. The bathroom window latch was broken. And they DID leave a form for me to tell them this but no pen. Was kinda basic but clean and comfortable for the price. Was a bit disappointed as for clean and comfortable I could have gone to a backpackers for much less! AND without a bond and embarrassment at not knowing it was required. was definitely NOT the luxury night I was hoping to have

The shower is BRILLIANT. The beds are comfortable

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Best thing, restaurant on site, fabulous food excellent price.
    • Studio Unit

1. TV did not work for me and I tried to ring reception but ph did not work, so had to get dressed and walk down to reception. Receptionist didn’t give me WiFi password when I booked in so I had to go back down, gentleman was prompt in fixing things , But when you are travel tired it is annoying.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

View was great but not with a infant up on the top floor 😢😢
    • Studio Unit

Our toilet wasn't working properly , we got someone to come in and fix it but took 45mins waiting for someone then had to call back, in that time I asked Valentine's if I could use there toilet as busting, then it wasn't flushing properly so we didn't end up using it at all, shower wasn't clean, full of grime and mildew in corners, there was no shampoo or conditioner, also room 40 were drinking which I had my 1 year old daughter, lil worried about noise. We were on level 3 which were 3 flights of stairs having to carry my baby up and down 😢😢 staff member was very helpful and polite.

Close to rainbows end Valentine's kfc z

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Wonderfull
    • Family Unit

Ants in the kitchen cupboards

I wouldn't say romantic place but certianly family friendly. Close to all the things we had planed with the grand kids.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Place was clean but rather run down.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Difficulty getting a price for the transit from airport to motel and return. So ended up feeling in our situation it did not give good value compared to accomodation closer to the airport.

Place was clean but rather run down.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

All good really. Glad to find a nice clean and convenient place to stay for the type of trip made.
    • Studio Unit

I requested cooked breakfasts to be included when making the booking.. The 2 Mere Males that stayed were instead directed to a 24 hour eatery. Wish my request had been actioned.

On the whole a convenient and well presented place to stay at in the future.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Thanks Rachel
    • Studio Unit

The staff went above and beyond helping us with every little thing from internet problems to directions to wherever we wanted to go. After each of our outings they asked how we went and were extremely friendly. Could not have asked for better. Thanks Rachel and the others

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Not much sleep!!!!
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Bloody noisey people draging luggage up stairs and across tiles in the middle of the night and generally inconciderate with yelling and noise. Not good at all.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Good place to stay if your looking for somewhere to stay just for the night, would not recommend lon
    • Family Unit

The mattress protected had a stain and had been marked as seen and dated. In on the protector, the air con remote did not have batteries and when we put batteries in it, it did not work.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

I am sure we will not stay here next year.
    • Family Unit

It wasn't particularly clean. some light bulbs not working. hairdryer was a fire hazard Not enough dishes. The rooms sprayed heavely , which made us feel unwell. Disappointing.

bed was comfy

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Very budget accommodation. Wouldnt stay here again.
    • Family Unit

The door didn't lock properly. There was no information folder so we didn't know anything about the place or how to work the TV. There was cigarette ash in the upstairs bathroom. Was hard to find any staff for help. Moldy bathroom and windowsills. No blanket for the double bed.

The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Great stay, clean tidy and comfortaand if you want to do anything in Manukau the location is superb.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Having to walk up and down the stairs as the only room available had been on the top floor.

We liked the size of the room and the space available. There was plenty of parking and the location was brilliant. The room was surprisingly quiet given it was between two large roads with busy traffic.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Loved the veiw and the location x View from our balcony ❤️
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

That the mattress protector looked like it hadn’t been changed?

Friendly staff and amazing location! Close to everything! Walking distance to the mall and everything 👍

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Staff pleasant and obliging when you request anything.

Always have trouble tuning the TV to TVNZ

The central location. Within walking distance of several good restaurants. Also close to motorways, both on and off ramps, North and South.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

The accommodation was good and comfortable.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

We checked out in the morning, no one was at the counter, i'm guessing they were busy which was fair enough. Therefore we put the key back in the box located for returned keys if no one was available and then we left, waiting for the $100 bond to be placed back into our account as stated on the day I paid for everything. . The money was not transferred back into the account by 1:00 pm, and we were in the North Shore. We called the motel to hear that they did not have enough funds in their account to refund the money, therefore we had to turn around and collect the cash which was a huge inconvenience. We were not told that cash would be paid if they did not have the funds, otherwise we would have waited. Otherwise, everything else was fine.

The accommodation was good and comfortable. Handy location to meeting my needs.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Comfortable Stay
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

I didnt like the door slamming to reception at night, hearing the footsteps from upstairs, loud voices from the room nextdoor early in the morning! The room could do with a clock.

The bed & the pillows were so comfortable, the location was convenient to ammenities, shops, food places, easier access into the motel & alot of car parking. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay overall & will look at returning in the later future.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

The unit was well sourced with cutlery and kitchen utensils.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Only one thing I didn't like and that was the price of the continental breakfast.It was really expensive for two and not the best value for money.We only took advantage of this once and chose to use the local supermarket for the rest of our stay.

The unit was well sourced with cutlery and kitchen utensils. I love that there were fresh towels added daily. I was pleasantly surprised to find that on one occasion the small amount of glasses and cutlery that were placed in the sink were washed and put away. The room was a great temperature without any heating or aircon.And it situated well to many facilities.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Well prices, certainly not luxury, needs an upgrade
    • Family Unit

TV had to be fixed to get Reception, One of the power points in the Kitchen could not even switch on, I think they have a leak in the downstairs bathroom as it smells like mould, the bedroom window upstairs would not seal shut, hence a lot of outside noise at night.

Friendly staff, convenient location, plenty of parking

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Do not recommend
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Stairs were dodgy... construction sites on 2 sides of hotels... carpark was grotty with spew and smashed up car windows... room was not clean and had disgusting marks on the headboard

Not alot

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

not worth the money paid due to the poor conditions and min maintenance to keep the basic upkeep
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

-The motel is run down and in need of a major upgrade. -The kitchenette was not completely stocked with the required kitchen utensils. - the doors on the kitchenette were hanging off the hinges. - and the dishcloth left for us to use was discussing, you would not have used it to clean your boots. - The carving knife was so bent you could not use it. - the room phone did not work and I had to call reception a number of times from my mobile. - on 2 of the 3 days we were there we had the same lady wake us up at 8.30am to conduct room service. - there is a number of highrise constructions sights surrounding the motel which start work at 6am till 5pm 6 days a week. - the fridge is not in good condition and does not keep the food at a safe temperature. - I would not stay there again. - not all power points work and lights in the room had blown and not been replaced. - the room information folder is not up to date as one of the staff told me as I was trying to find a local food outlet as I am not from the country.

Most staff were very friendly and willing to help, the motel is central to all amenities.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

the motel does not look like the flash Hotels in the city...
    • Family Unit

the motel does not look like the flash Hotels in the city but it is clean , comfortable and offers extras for families such as two televisions, an en suite as well as excellent heating appliances, a heat pump etc. Location good , close to the mall , to the restaurants and to the train station and conveniently close to Rainbow's End.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

comfortable for our one night stay
    • Studio Unit

The entrance driveway is complicated by the Valentines restaurant entrance opening onto the driveway. The driveway was blocked saturday lunch by a large group standing outside. Saturday evening the driveway was again blocked by people and cars picking up people. Customers also use the motel carpark for parking and a large group of kids were playing ball in the carpark.

It is located very close to a large shopping mall, hot food outlets and supermarkets. Rainbows End and other amusements can be seen from the motel. Its location was easy to navigate to from the airport.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

For the most part it was enjoyable and I would go back
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

TV only had 5 channels. Lighting was dark. Shower suddenly went very hot half way through my shower

Bed and pillows were lovely and comfortable. The shower head was great. Nice and close to shopping.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Lovely big warm room with cooking facilities.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Th spa pool is n th carpark.. in th photo it looked to be on a deck. We assumed in or off our room . My bad

Lovely big warm room with cooking facilities. Safe carpark

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

A clean quite motel
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The internet wouldn't work at night. The stairs were a challenge for me. I also have a complaint with Booking .com as I booked two night. but only one night was registers at Raylands

Got me an extra night as Booking.com fail to register 2 nights. Although next to the motorway It was quite. It was very clean. Easy to find, awesome parking. Close walking distance to eating places eg Valentines, Dennys, Asia Cafes/takeaway and KFC.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

Less than mediocre......
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

No tin opener in room Hair on bed and no offer of change in linen or discount on price Fridge froze food instead of chilling and dripped water Accomodation in Auckland in general should be stating if they have construction happening around them for the purpose of noise, construction workers etc Noisy by motorway

Location of accomodation was good for the purpose of my trip Shower pressure was good

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Nice place nice staff and I would recommend it to others.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

There was nothing that we didn't like.

It was comfortable and warm. The staff were very helpful and attentive. Great water pressure in the shower (a must for me). We really enjoyed our stay. It was situated in the perfect place for us and very convenient.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Was ok, given it was just a base to sleep and shower.
    • Studio Unit

Replacement cost of damaged room contents listed as first page in room guide book. Only one sheet on each bed, and they were too small for the size of the mattresses.

Inside of room was clean.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Enjoyed my stay but felt for receptionist trying her hardest.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The poor young lady on the desk spent most of her time using the rubber to rub out people's name and accomodate them in another room.Even though I had booked in days before she had to work out what room she could give me. I think through no fault of her own as she was very pleasant and accomodating and she looked to be doing the best that she could while trying to give good customer service. I felt for her as nothing seemed easy or efficient for her, The system you have if you can call it that does not serve its purpose if the poor girl has to continually rub names out in the register to fit them somewhere else which then she looses sight of the customer to even look up to acknowledge them. I'm sure if I was her I would be glad to see the end of my day after having the frustrations like this every day. She still managed to be very nice and gave a huge smile at the end.

Location. Easy to find and close to all amenities.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Shower water did not drain away and so had to paddle through...
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

Shower water did not drain away and so had to paddle through cold water to use the toilet. Yuck and H&S issue. Spoke to staff about this before I left. Phoned up about the issue after I'd left. Chased up twice and finally got a reply. It seems the maintenance person reported there was no issue with the water draining away- oh come on now! All further emails I have sent have been ignored.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Good value for money, great location but not the most visually appealing.
    • Special Offer - Studio Unit

The hot water took ages to run through, but got there in the end.

The Motel is good value for money, but is definitely aging. There is a major construction going up meters from the fence line, so it's definitely not the most eye-pleasing of venues, but comfortable enough.