Reviews of Scenic Hotel Dunedin City 4.5 stars

123 Princes St, Dunedin 9016, 9054 Dunedin, New Zealand

#26 of 57 hotels in Dunedin

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

My room was dark and had a small for size of room window...
    • Standard King Room

My room was dark and had a small for size of room window only and lighting was in wrong place and gave the room quite a cold feeling. Definitely not 4 or 5 *. Nice and comfortable enough, but I would rate it more like good motel standard. For that it was too expensive.

Bed very comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Restaurant was awful. Tables and decor like a roadside cafe, prices like a top restaurant and food was not nice (also tiny portions)

Bed very comfortable. Easy access to shops

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.
    • Superior Interconnecting Room

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I left my watch in the room when I checked out. I sent a email to the hotel. The staff was very nice and they found my watch. I asked if they could send my watch to Auckland. They sent it immediately by courier.! I really appreciated. The hotel is located in the center of the city, very convenient. The hotel staff is very nice, room is comfortable and clean.

A Central HQ for Graduation
    • Standard King Room

Centrally located at the Octagon and 2 minute walk to Town Hall if you are looking for graduation accommodation, clean, tidy with friendly staff. Great cafe next door, The Black Dog. Dairy and pharmacy close.

beds comfy, good location
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Had prepaid for full breakfast but on the morning cooked portion was either very low or run out. Paid $29.00 x 2 for two pieces of toast.

beds comfy, good location

Cleanliness, excellent shower, room service was excellent...
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The bread toaster in the dining room - but I've never been in any hotel in the world where the toaster works properly!!!

Cleanliness, excellent shower, room service was excellent and location nice and central

The hotel was very good, great location, good generous rooms...
    • Standard King Room

Extremely disappointed that the room rate was aprox $249 for the Friday night and more than doubled to $549 for Saturday night. Same room but pumped up prices due to Pink Concert.

The hotel was very good, great location, good generous rooms and staff very helpful and welcoming.

Great Place to stay .
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

The only negative is paying for parking but i think its a Dunedin thing.

We have stayed here around 5 times now . Great place to stay . Handy to everything . Friendly Staff.

Very comfortable beds
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

City centre location, valet parking, restaurant onsite, spacious room (#810) with balcony with city views, very comfortable beds (2 queen size). Attentive & helpful staff, free newspaper.

Not a good stay at all!
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was full of hair and mouldy , I was traveling with my partner and 6 months old baby and the cot that we’ve requested didn't have a mattress so the housekeeping supervisor brought more blankets, really unhappy about that not a place to put your baby, plus the heater didn’t work, I had to call twice around 6pm for someone to come and check what was going on and finally brought 2 heaters. I work in hospitality too and we always try to make the guests happy specially when there are too many things like this going on but was not the reaction of the staff.

AMAZING
    • Standard King Room

Would have loved a bath and a nice view, other than that there’s nothing about the room I didn’t like. It was perfect!

The bed was super compfy and had such an amazing sleep, the best sleep I’ve had in a very long time! 🙂

The location is excellent, close to all the main sights,...
    • Standard King Room

The room was tired, you can tell it is an old building. It was very clean though and they had added some modern touches, but it could do with some new carpeting and curtains. The bathroom was also old. They also use physical keys instead of keys(not that it was a major inconvenience)

The location is excellent, close to all the main sights, shops and eateries in the city centre. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. My room was clean and had a nice view of the city.

Superb spot for a city break - right in the heart of Dunedin. Superb staff, comfy beds, super quiet.
    • Standard Interconnecting Room

Great staff, superb location, comfy beds - just perfect if you are on a budget and want to feel looked after! Well sound proofed too - did not hear a thing all night! Perfect!

The 24 hour room service was gross and I spent $60 and...
    • Standard King Room

The 24 hour room service was gross and I spent $60 and didn’t eat it, waste of money. I get that it’s 24 hours so it’s not gonna be 5 star food but I would’ve eaten a ham sandwich and been happier with it instead of my $25 nachoes $30 curry and $10 sandwich

Service attentive and friendly.
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

the heating system- The thermostat was present on a timer - at 2.30 am the heater was switched off. The room temperature plummeted - we had a chesty cough - which was exasabated ... to a coughing fit .... but next day - an extra heater was supplied... & we think that it didn’t turn off for as long that night ... so a better sleep was had 😆

The Staff were effecient effective and friendly at dealing with any of my requests for assistance or advice.

Convenient and clean with great attentive staff.

More heating options in room would be good

An older hotel that has been modernised and well looked after. All the staff were fantastic, the location was great and food delicious.

Excellent location, an easy stroll to shops and cafes and...
    • Superior King Room

Dated decor and a little lacking in atmosphere but that was outweighed by the service and location

Excellent location, an easy stroll to shops and cafes and theatres. Spacious rooms

Great hotel in the middle of the city
    • Standard King Room

Nothing was all good, I don't think they should charge for parking and visitors should note that there is free parking outside the hotel from 6pm to 9am

Very comfortable modern rooms

First time to Dunedin good Restaurants and enjoyed the history of the city.
    • Superior King Room

Thought the room was very basic especially the bathroom no where to put toiletries TV Channels were not very good only one sports channel. Also it would be nice to have sofa to sit on.

The staff were very good I missed place one of my rings and the housekeeping staff found it and I appreciated them sending back to me. Thank you

Will not stay there again
    • Executive King Room

The price was considered high for this type of hotels also the breakfast and parking was not included in the the room price.

Room space was quite comfortable

Comfortable and conveniently located hotel. This is my hotel of choice in Dunedin.

Nothing to not like

Very central, just a few minutes walk to The Octagon. Spacious rooms and very comfortable beds. Valet parking makes life easy as well

Would not return or recommend to others. Current rating too high
    • Standard King Room

Service in bar was very poor. Bar Supervisor on duty had not set the bar up in time for opening. He was unaware of availability of wine selection. As well empty plates from previos guests were left to sit in bar with uneaten portions of food too long and left to the manager to pick up. No atmosphere. Background music needed badly in both bar and dinimg areas, especially during evening and breakfast service. Hallway on 6th floor smelt old amd musty. Management needs to compare what other establishments are delivering to guests.

Comfy bed

Excellent location and customer service to make you go back
    • Superior King Room

The bed was a bit too soft and pillows a bit too high. A/C temperature was not quite right. Shuttle bus to airport only run twice a day.

The location was excellent! we found it easy to walk to the Octagon, shops and main landmarks including the university, museums and railway station. Also many bus routes passed nearby. The room was spacious and bathroom had plenty of toiletries and towels. Staff were helpful and friendly, and responded to our queries and requests promptly. Dinners at the restaurant were great in flavour and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. The Scenic Hotel is a place we will definitely go back to.

Staff were nervous. Manager was rude.
    • Standard King Room

There was an error with a cancellation on my reservation and the manager Randhir Gopinath was particularly rude whilst trying to resolve it. Turns out there was a processing error and the cancellation was legitimate.

beds were comfortable.

The central location
    • Superior King Room

We were put in a room for the disabled which seemed strange as we had booked 3 nights well in advance. The bathroom would not have been out of place in an aged care home with no cover over the toilet seat etc. The hotel itself was drab without the usual vibe of a city hotel. The staff refused to allow us to park our own car in the carpark and held the keys at reception which was a real inconvenience.

The central location

Loved it.
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Because of valet parking we couldn’t check in and then go to our car and take our bags straight up to our room, we had to bring our bags in with us when we checked in or out.

Breakfast was lovely, beds comfortable, position perfect and my son bought a charger cord for his phone which was broken and the man on the desk just lent him his and said just return it at the end. Will recommend.

very comfortable

Can't think of anything

This hotel is in a perfect location in downtown Dunedin. On arrival by Airport Shuttle, we were greeted by a friendly member of the reception staff who was also efficient. We had a meal in the hotel that evening which was excellent with friendly, helpful and efficient service. The room was excellent with comfortable beds and everywhere very clean.

Great hotel great staff.
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

Asked for quiet room due to early rise. I explained my wife was having a minor operation at hospital early the next morning. We were given a quiet room and a bowl of fruit with a card wishing speedy recovery. Very nice.

Wonderful. Very central . Don't get mixed with Scenic Hotel which has the Casino.
    • Executive King Room

Bar ran out of Port after 2 days (we like our little after dinner drink). The next day there was no Port so we went to a liquor outlet and purchased our own. (Ordering was, we think, a little too slow)

We ordered porridge without milk, which is our usual breakfast fare, and it wasn't on the buffet. We usually microwave it in 2 minutes.. I don't think the chef had ever done that as it took 20 minutes! Apart from that everything else was very good, as is usual with the Scenic Group. Napier Scenic is very good as well.

Everything I wanted: Nice, comfortable, easy to book, friendly staff at check-in
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

I found the restaurant on ground floor a little unwelcoming. I wanted to check it out but I wasn’t greated by anyone or informed about options, I instead just got looks from staff like I was in the wrong place so I went to eat somewhere else.

Easy to organise, great location, nice comfortable room.

Everything was as good as could be, was a little...
    • Standard King Room

Everything was as good as could be, was a little disappointed that my room didn’t come with a microwave to heat my own meals! It’s a little inconvenient having to go all the way to the 4th floor to use one in laundry! So just didn’t bother haha! But apart from that I enjoyed my stay very much(: thankyou

Lovely relaxing stay, nice views of Dunedin, welcoming staff and everything met our expectations.
    • Executive King Room

It would have been nice to have small table in the room so we could sit and have our room service breakfast together.

The bed was so comfortable. Had a great night sleep.

Terrible Bed/ Dusty Room/ Noisy Room/ Shower over Bath/ Paid alot of money for Rubbish Accommadatio
    • Standard King Room

Hotel Restaurant Small portions for meals and overpriced/ The bed was terrible looked like a road hump when arrived and just would not stay smooth and flat very little sleep. Noisy Fridge and droning noise air conditioning all night/ No proper sink to fill jug/ Small shower over Bath

Good meals at Hotel Restaurant/ Close to city centre

Very enjoyable
    • Standard King Room

Dunedin itself is a little dull, but that’s not the hotels fault!

Our first experience of a Scenic hotel and were very impressed, the room had everything we needed - filter coffee, iron, safe, lots of space.

Wonderful! Our first time to Dunedin and we loved it!
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was very much a let down. A shower over a bath is never my first choice, but to make it worse, the bath was very narrow and it was actually uncomfortable to stand in. Also I found it difficult stepping out of the shower, as i have short legs lol, and felt it was dangerous because of the risk of slipping. The shower situation is enough to put me off booking again. A shame when the rest of our stay was so great.

Loved the location, superb! The beds were super comfy, I have never had such a comfortable bed in a hotel ever before - lovely!

Value for money, will stay again!
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I have never stayed in such a beautiful bed! The bed & bedding were so luxurious! A lovely room, great service & yummy cooked breakfast. Will definitely stay again.

Recommended particularly if you have children.
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

For breakfast , The quality of the yoghurt was Ok but wasn't our best and the fruit salad a little tired. The oranges and lemons in the water at reception looked beautiful and inviting but had been there too long. The baby prefers water with a touch of lemon or orange but one can only keep them infused for a day two. I am confident this wont happen after they read this. The toaster, a little like a conveyor belt would appeal to an engineer for its historical value but required patience and unusual adjustments to prevent burning the bread.

The fresh seasonal and local soup after we had skipped lunch was superb; as was the main course. The breakfast was also healthy with a range of protein, fruit . There were paper bags and a Green approach which is typical of New Zealand. Also windows could safely open so fresh sea air was a joy.

Stayed 1 night for a cricket match - suited our purpose beautifully.
    • Standard King Room

Little dirty around the edges of bathroom, behind TV etc, just needed a good dusting/spring clean. Would be nice to have some plates to eat our muesli out of - had to use cups.

Bed was comfortable, nice and soft which we like. Location is fantastic. All the courtesy soap, shampoo etc were good quality, they even had a little bag with a note saying to take the leftover home - nice touch!

As per “what did you like” comments. We fully tecommend this accommodation provider.
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Great location right in central Dunedin, couple of blocks from the Octagon, which made it easy to get around the city on foot. The staff were always friendly and acknowledged us. Even the cleaning staff answered little notes our daughter left about putting her soft toys on the bed. Comfortable, clean room, great customer service, family friendly, perfect location. Couldn’t ask for more.

Excellent.
    • Standard King Room

Having room keys that had room numbers and the name of the hotel on them. Very unsecured process in the case of a misplaced key.

Overall very nice experience.

Very good location
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows are quite thick in New Zealand, almost everywhere.

Very good location. We checked in at Xmas day, reception prepared a list of opening restaurant and gave us good recommendation. There is Chinese tea pot and tea available in the room! 地点就在八角广场附近, 实在是方便。

Quiet And good location
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Mattresses all out of shape, so found it hard to sleep. Fridge not working due to being switched off, Separate master switch obscured by jug plug. Cups had dust on them, muggy not much ventilation, Maybe a fan (airconditioning)

Quiet And good location

A bit disappointing
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Room wasn't very clean, ie; dirty marks on most of the dishes and floor not vacuumed properly. Very thick layer of dust/filth on toilet roll holders. We were woken at midnight by staff who could smell smoke in the hallway. The front desk staff next morning knew nothing of the incident and suggested it might have been someone with a lit cigarette. Unfortunately it had taken us hours to settle the kids back to sleep as other hotel guests continued to talk loudly in the hallway about what it could possibly be.

Location was great. A short walk from the Octagon.

No value for money, unfriendly staff (Front Desk manager)
    • Standard King Room

Disappointing room (504) in terms of moderness and value for money... Also, we got bitten by flees, which were found in our bed. Unacceptable behaviour from the front desk manager when the problem was explained, also seemed like he did not care, nor believed us. After showing our video he finally compensated one night of stay, however he could not stop to smile, which was very rude to us considerd the situation. We would never stay in this hotel again or recommend this to anyone who would expect cleanliness during their stay.

Great location - In the middle of the city centre.

A nice city hotel with a good restaurant.
    • Standard King Room

A nice city hotel, very friendly staff. The valet parking service is very quick, they have space for the cars in the basement of the building. We had dinner at the restaurant, both our meals were delicious.

Great location in heart of Dunedin downtown

Breakfast option is expensive

Great location in heart of Dunedin downtown Onsite parking at a nominal cost Clean, comfortable and everything you need in a hotel room

Would recommend for the location.
    • Superior King Room

No Air Con so we had to ""borrow"a freestanding fan from one of the other floors. The location is right on the main street and there was a Hoon driver doing wheelies constantly in the middle of the night.

Overall comfortable.

Well worth the money

n/a

The room I stayed was spacious and clean. The hotel also has guest laundry with free washing powder provided, it is very convenience esp I have travelled many days before coming to Dunedin.

Great hotel in a great location. Overall a very pleasant stay.
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The lack of cleanliness in some places (toilet stand was grubby and there was dust along the headboard/ledge. Also splashes of tea or coffee on the wall around the facility and also on some of the hotel forms. Some of the forms were crumpled and marked.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable.

Put DND sign on our door and staff left the most adorable...
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are tired Mattresses are very (very!) soft - the type you literally sink in when you sleep - and the double beds are small so didnt find them very comfortable overall If you dont want to use the hotel's parking (15 NZD per night) note there is no public car park nearby but luckily streets are not very busy so there are always a few spots available (free from 6 pm to 9 am)

Put DND sign on our door and staff left the most adorable and thoughtful basket at the door with fresh towels, mini bar items and extra amenities. Check-in/out literally took seconds Very pleasant staff Great location

Great location, lovely staff and very pleasant room. Thank you, we will be back
    • Standard King Room

very grateful for staff going above and beyond to book us an easy access room when they realised how important that was for this visit. I wasn't aware that this option was available. Thank you so very much

We really enjoyed our stay here
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

Extra comfy bed. Rooms were extremely clean. Dinner in the restaurant down stairs was beautiful and the staff were very polite. Walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Not really a good bargain.
    • Standard King Room

The shower head leaking and mentioned free parking is not true. We have to find our parking out from the hotel. They provide but pay Nzd 15/day.

Nearby shops

• Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom was not clean. The shower was gross with dirt and grime collected in the corners. I couldn’t help but wonder what was there that I couldn’t see so easily. I couldn’t wait to leave.

Clean, comfortable, very friendly staff but very expensive - price up by almost 100% due to concert
    • Standard King Room

Price was very high due to Stevie Nicks concert being in the city, which we went to. Prices escalate significantly when accommodation is tigh, which is a real frustration. For $350 per night, it is almost double the normal price, so not value for money at all.

We enjoyed the ambiance of the historic building.
    • Standard King Room

Front desk location was small, and seemed tired. We were kept waiting for 15 minutes to check in.

Clean comfortable and reasonably large rooms. Recognition of our special wedding anniversary by providing a small gift. Wonderful history attached to the old Treasury Building. Pleasant outdoor dining area although we didn't use it ourselves.

Great big room and bed.
    • Standard King Room

It gets very warm in the room (facing to Princess street) when the sun shines during the day, even when the curtains are closed!

Great big room and bed. Decent bathroom, good costumer service.

Very enjoyable.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing we did not like.

We found the staff very helpful , the beds very comfortable. It was nice to have a balcony. The hotel is an easy walk to town centre and various attractions.

Very convenient location, nice and helpful staff, comfy beds...
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

Very convenient location, nice and helpful staff, comfy beds and everything you need is inside. Good stop for a long trip, right in the centre of the city

Not up to expectations.
    • Superior King Room

The bed was not the size indicated or advertised. It was shorter - 200cm instead of 210cm as confirmed. I am a tall person over 200cm and my feet were off the edge.

Located in the heart of the city
    • Executive King Room

Rooms were older looking than on photos. For the price expected it to be more updated and modern. A bit overpriced

Bed was comfy. Good pillows. Centrally located. Staff were good . Great view. Great wifi.

Party lovers, u r in rit place. Stone throw distance frm all pubs.
    • Standard King Room

Friday to sunday can be very noicy at night. If u open the window u wont be able to sleep. If u close the window, u r in a box, no air circulation.

Middle of the city, near to everything.

Great place Some of the Staff were very disappointing .
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We went to breakfast around nine , we had the buffet , the food had not been re stocked juice bar was near empty , no glasses , at no time did the service staff come and ask if we wanted to order a specialty coffee , and to top it off on Friday night the Rugby League world cup started so i thought how good is this going to be to watch , only to find out they only have Sky sport 1 , I asked the unenthusiastic guy on reception who basically had no idea and no interest in trying to change it . Normally we love staying here we have stayed 3 times so far this year but this time some of the staff were pretty ordinary to be honest.

We Like the Location , the rooms are very comfortable.

Nice accommodation in a great location!
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

I can't really think of anything I didn't like aside from the fact it wasn't super cheap but then no accommodation in Dunedin is so this wasn't really a huge negative.

Great place to stay, it was nice and quiet, good location and the staff were fantastic. The room had everything we needed and the beds were pretty comfy.

Central location, nice clean rooms. Friendly staff
    • Standard King Room

We booked 2 rooms, 1 had a good view and the other was overlooking a vacant , overgrown property across the street. Would have been good if rooms were next to each other

Bed was big and comfy. Room was a good size. Central to sight seeing and eating out

Comfortable for a night, central location.
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

The kettle smelt like shell fish and had nasty black stuff on bottom of it. The man that booked me in really couldn't be bothered dealing with valet parking the car so advised me better to park in street so had to keep feeding meter.

The mattress cover was comfortable. Good water pressure in shower

Only one night but a nice stay and if I'm ever in Dunedin again I would stay here.
    • Standard King Room

The noise from the street but that is no fault of the hotel.

Nothing fancy just a good, clean hotel with friendly staff. The valet parking at the normal price I would expect to pay to park myself was very good.

Specious room and the location in the middle of the city
    • Superior Family Room

Actually I have realized after starting my trip back to Queenstwon that there was an accident in my car affected the right side mirror and I think it was the fault of the staff who was responsible to park the car in the parking area and he didn't inform us of it.

Specious room and the location in the middle of the city

Pure Displeasure after so many wonderful stops in South Island
    • Superior Twin with Two Queen Beds

Tell the TRUTH as it is. It's not the crime that gets you into trouble, its the dissembling and concealment

I booked a lake facing room at premium price. What I did not expect was the State highway 8 running across (30 meters away) in front of my balcony between the lake and my apartment. This was very skillfully concealed on bookings.com website. Only picture No: pic 21/43 shows the highway during winter and unless analyse carefully, one would assumed its a service road in the complex. In these days where corruption of institutions, politicians and even journalists (fake news) is ever present, a little bit of trust and transparency from hoteliers would go a long way for their long term profitability. I certainly would not have book this apartment had the senior management has the foresight and good business sense to portray a true and fair view. So I have 40 ton, 50 ton juggernauts passing in front of my balcony giving me a free head massage. Why would I want to pay premium tariff to sniff the pollution and suffer the noisy traffic 30 meters from my bed. I've been on motoring holiday travelling from Picton. Go to Select Bramer lodge in Hanmer spring or the THC Nugget point, everything is better then expectations. The only other critical review I've written in my 5 years of using bookings.com is the savoy (with a small s) in London (under title faded jade) . I simply could not accept the flimsy explanation of its GM who incidentally had some very motivated hard working young staff (especially the Chinese lady from Penang). The apartments are very well appointed with all mob-cons. It's clearly deliberate concealment of the fact at best and downright poor business practice at worst. BTY the WiFi is a nightmare. 250 mb per device with its constant breakdowns. I'm currently at Select Braemar Lodge, no issues. walk in, staff expects me and all my devices (laptop, ipad and phone all signed in effortlessly. Saving Grace. The coffee pods in my apartment produces wonderful first rate coffee.

Always enjoy the scenic will be back.
    • Superior King Room

Bathroom smelled a little. I work in hotels and sometimes it can just be the drain pipes hard to get rid of. Ordered 24 hour room services and got club sand which which was good but needed spred or sauce as dry. Nachos were not spicy at all and very small for $18.50 plus $5 for room service not worth it at all.

Super clean- well done housekeepers Bed very comfortable. Room was very spacious and always a great view from the higher levels. Great selection of tv channels and great staff. The menu looks so tastey but didn't get a chance to sit in restaurant

Convenient location, very comfortable bed, excellent dinners...
    • Superior King Room

Convenient location, very comfortable bed, excellent dinners, but majorly the staff were all friendly professional and helpful. We liked the lounge by the bar and restaurant, with its cosy gas-flame fire, and tv on but not loud and intrusive.

Very enjoyable Stay.
    • Standard King Room

Nothing we didn't like. We had lovely relaxing time at the Scenic

Location, Staff very friendly and helpful, comfort of bed, space of the room and total Privacy.

Excellent inner city hotel in Dunedin
    • Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I have no complaints or suggestions for improvement.

The staff give careful attention to friendly service. The hotel is well organised and has a modern, clean appearance. The location is central Dunedin, with all the eateries nearby. An excellent choice.

• Standard Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We dined at the restaurant and it took a long time for our meal to come. We had our grandchildren with us so they were getting impatient. Although in saying that we did have our server come over and apologise for the delay, so it was nice they acknowledged that we had been waiting a while.

The staff were very friendly and helpful especially when I needed directions. It was great just to be able to hand over our car keys and know that we didn't have to worry about parking and it was just a quick call to reception and our car was ready and waiting for us.

Staff were absolutely outstanding, went out of their way to...
    • Standard Interconnecting Room

Staff were absolutely outstanding, went out of their way to accommodate us when we needed to add another person to our room. Would definitely stay again.