Reviews of SKYCITY Hotel Auckland This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Cnr of Victoria & Federal Streets, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#23 of 161 hotels in Auckland

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Nice enough
    • Premium King Suite

The fact i paid for a room with a stunning habour view and got a view of a car park being built. Tried to order room service and wanted milkshakes and was told machine was broken then asked for cocktails and was told no one could do it highly unimpressed.

The comfy room and excellent bed

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

The best hotel in Auckland.
    • Premium King Room

The Nescafé coffee machine was out of order.

Whenever I visit Auckland I stay at SKYCITY as I know it will be a great experience. The staff are always so friendly and accommodating. Greg and the fantastic team at reception and concierge also including the doorman smile and make you feel welcome and at home. It is ideally located in the CBD with excitement of the Skywalk and Jump at your foot step. The Sky theatre and a casino are close by along with numerous restaurants. The airport bus stops at the hotel location with a short undercover walk to reception. So easy to arrange a shuttle bus to drop you at the door. SKYCITY is the very best.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

It was nice and quiet considering its location. We'll definitely stay there again.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room & shower. All the staff (reception/concierge/valet/housekeeping) we're friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Great School Holiday weekend Getaway!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Check-in time 3pm. We took the bus to Auckland and arrived just before midday. We had to carry all our stuff around for few hours. It's bit hard with smaller kids. BUT I tried to check-in 30mins before 3pm and they let me.It's always worth asking.

Clean and good atmosphere. Good Service and they always have something on for everyone. Breakfast us good. Croissants are excellent.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

On the whole very happy with the fabulous service throughout our stay & the cleanliness of the room.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Paying for the items in the minifridge...for the price we pay was a bit disappointed there werent very many complimentary items for guests I paid for movies only to find that there wasnt a very great selection so paid $26 but only watched 1 movie as I couldnt find anything else I would enjoy

My sister & I were amazed at the assistance we received from all the staff, the receptionist & the corcierge staff(especially Dickie) were so fabulously helpful, service secpnd to none The room was immaculate, a very big "Thank You' to the cleaners....enjoyed our stay & highly recommend Skycity Hotel to anyone from the hotel to the Restaurants & the Casino..Awesome Service AAAAA++++++

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Room with roof views
    • Premium King Room

The view from my room was of a roof , so not so great

Room was clean and tidy , service was great , and parking was a breeze total worth the extra for valet parking 😁

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Fantastic
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Everything about our stay was fantastic. Again everything we needed and attended was close.. Favourite place to stay when celebrating special occasions

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

The bed was comfy and bathroom spacious.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The Valet Parking was a bit of a let down this time. There was no staff at the valet desk on arrival and when we left it took a long time for our car to be retrieved, after I had reminded them again. Not the service I would have expected for a $45 valet parking service.

The bed was comfy and bathroom spacious. Good in room dining service.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Everything was very clean and very classy, the bed was...
    • Premium King Suite

Everything was very clean and very classy, the bed was AMAZING, and not to mention the staff were absolutely wonderful, ordered room service couple times as well, not a long wait at all and food was nice and hot and the cocktail I ordered was very nice, overall we felt very welcomed and we are going to make it a monthly thing me and my partner, thank you Skycity👌🏽

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

A weekend in town.
    • Premium King Room

I booked over the phone, was told breakfast was included with the room booking. The room I got was not the one advertised in the picture when I booked it. I didn't have a credit card so couldn't access TV channels. I wasn't made aware of any of these things.

I enjoyed the relaxing weekend away from the normal, and it was a birthday treat for my daughter in law and my son.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

We had a fabulous night celebrating our anniversary. The whole experience exceeded our expectations!
    • Premium King Room

The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were high quality, clean and modern. We had access to Sky TV, sport and movies. There are several restaurants, parking and entertainment all within the complex.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Extremely welcoming and helpful staff. Will definitely be back!
    • Premium King Room

No complaints at all for Sky City Hotel. The hotel met and exceeded my expectations 😊

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I had an amazing sleep. The hotel staff at reception were so friendly and helpful which made the check in and out process so easy. Will definitely be coming back!

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

SkyCity is good with rewards membership. Booking.com should allow rewards members to enjoy points.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Make-up room was very slow. We left early morning and came in the afternoon. Still the room was not clean yet.

Staffs were very courteous and helpful. Made my wedding anniversary memorable.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Great stay, near some great pubs and restaurants so convenience is an A+
    • Premium King Room

No opening windows in the rooms and air con too warm

Great location and the bar across the road The Fiddler is great for unwinding away from the casino lifestyle

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

We had a great time overall will definitely be back sooner rather than later
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Having to wait for my bond back. 1 and half hours and not even a gift or half price half next time we come back.

The comfort of the room was excellent. Big bed great view and easy access to gym and night life

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, I would recommend to others :-)
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I enjoyed the staff especially the young boy that assist me the first day straight away, we had an issue with our door locking in our room and he assist me straight away when I approached him.he was doing all the calls on the phone and got us transferred to another room he did a awesome job very helpful and awesome attitude.I'm impressed with all staff very helpful and friendly :-)

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Very clean and comfortable room .
    • Premium Twin Suite with Two Double Beds

I didn't get the breakfast included in our room rate which we booked. We misunderstood that breakfast already including when we booking. That the booking rate by booking.com was over price 50 % .

Very clean and comfortable room. Staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Throughly enjoyed every aspect of this hotel.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I enjoyed enjoyed everything about this property.

Fantastic location, rooms are large, quiet and very clean. Property has everything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

• Premium King Room

Current management never looks after long term, consistent guests-we always booked our Annual Christmas and New Year vacation stay in this hotel.

We have been staying in this hotel for many years because of its location but through the years management have changed unfortunately to its worst, still some good employees stayed and they are the ones that makes a difference .

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

A relaxing and fun time out. Just what we needed

Not a thing

Proximity to city, the friendly and helpful staff, we live in Nelson and felt that we were on holiday the whole time we there. Andys grill bar was great for good food at a reasonable cost. Of course if you wish to have more fine dining there are plenty of restaurants around Sky City. Very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

beds were great room was good
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

the shower pressure was very low breakfast at andys was difficult doing the toast and hot food together slowed the whole process down

beds were great room was good

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Convenience of all restaurants and bars.

$50 for 3x Pringles, a Powerade and Kit Kat from mini bar??????? Such bulls**t

Convenience of all restaurants and bars. Taxi availability. Comfortable bed!

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Wonderful
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Loosing money on the pokie machines lol.

I requested a court yard and that's what we got. Staff offered to take luggage to room. Our needs were met late in the evening. Staff friendly and helpful at breakfast in the Fortunate Restraunt. Always love staying at Sky when I'm in town.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Premium King Room

Our room was right on the end and for the first 1-2 hours we had to deal with quite loud construction noise. Tried to call reception and was told they would call us back but never did.

Bed was very comfortable..love the food and breakfast at fortuna is always great.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Nice but a decent shower would make the stay even nicer!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet in my room was "lumpy" and needs replacing. The biggest issue is the eco-showerhead that trickles out water like a dribble. Need better shower heads!

Brand new room and nice staff to go with it!

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

A comfy nights sleep.
    • Premium King Room

Should have made a dinner reservation @ the time of booking. Couldn’t get into the restaurants within the building.

Beautiful comfy bed! Handy location, very clean room, with an unexpected room upgrade!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Bad start but OK after that
    • Premium King Room

when we arrived at hotel the receptionist could not find our booking. My husband was ill and we found that very distressing for us. We were booked under James Gourdie Duffy. We suggest that you underline the surname and not cause the distress and inconvenience we went through. She thought it was Gourdie!!! A very bad start for us.

just a normal hotel room

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Great as usual with the exception of one rude staff member.
    • Premium King Room

Was very disappointed when I enquired about the cost of purchasing a Sky City robe. I had read in a brochure that a Sky City robe was available for purchase, and as we had stayed there on many previous occasions I thought I would treat myself. I enquired at the concierge counter with a female attendant for the price. A male employee behind the desk yelled back $100 and turned away. Not how I expect to be treated. I would have thought the least he could have done was offer to show me one. After that very poor response I reluctantly abandoned my treat. My husband and I did tell reception on check out how unhappy we were. She was very polite in her apology of a fellow co-worker.

The room was great and location perfect for our needs.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Everything about my stay was great. It was unfortunate that all the restaurants were booked out for dinner. I was also wondering if the breakfast buffet at Fortunua has moved to Andy's permanently? Or was that a one off?

I enjoyed everything about my stay at Skycity. I have stayed there several times before and they fail to disappoint. Great service, complimentary late checkout and valet parking. I would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Will definitely be staying again
    • Premium King Room

Definitely a place you want to stay at when looking for a great hotel. Rooms comfy, staff friendly and welcoming, easy access to the Casino floor and within walking distance to convenience stores, retail outlets and a range of different eateries.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

We like having everything we need within Sky City no need to...
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning was too warm, especially at night too bad there wasn't some way to turn it to a lower temperature

We like having everything we need within Sky City no need to even go out on the street. The location is great for us as usually we travel by bus from Napier I hate flying and as we go on quite a few cruises easy access

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Location very inconvenient
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

First day tidy up room is fine , but second day night time after sightseeing back to room , no tidy our bed the pillows and coverlet same as morning after wake up , just changed the towel and give us two box tissue paper ridiculous is not four star hotel , we complain to reception manager also take photo show to him .

Location very inconvenient

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Good stay, nice rooms, nice staff.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Basic tea and coffee facilities, only one chair, no handrail to help out of bath/shower, didn't feel like anything very special for the rates that are charged.

Friendly helpful hotel staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

We were upgraded to a premium king suite, it was super...
    • Premium King Room

Couldn’t seem to adjust the air conditioning so it was a little bit too warm during the night

We were upgraded to a premium king suite, it was super spacious.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a very clean and comfortable hotel in a convenient location
    • Premium King Room

The beds are very comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. The hotel is in the city centre and close to where we wanted to go. We enjoyed the food at Andys burgers for a late night supper. We also found the staff to be very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

My stay was superb.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Everything met my expectations. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable to be enjoyed by a little family. It was well equipped by all the necessary gadgets in the kitchen and the bathroom.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

The bed was amazing
    • Premium King Room

Minimal staff available when checking in, and a cleaner knocked and tried to enter my room at 0830AM as didn’t have the Do Not Disturb up due to waiting for room service

The bed was amazing

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Excellent and
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing really but we had tea and coffee making which was nice but also a small knife for cutting up fruit and side plate would be nice in the rooms 😊

The rooms were very comply

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

This is an excellent place to stay everything as expected...
    • Premium King Room

It's getting a bit pricey, but hey "supply and demand" & they're always full.

This is an excellent place to stay everything as expected for the price.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Great rooms but too pricey
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Most hotels we've been to provided necessities for the guests comfort (e.g slippers, toothpaste), our room did have those but there were no slippers and some toiletries had to be paid if ever it will be used. The room was actually pricey that is why when we arrived we had high expectations but unfortunately those expectations weren't met.

The staff were nice and helpful, room is really clean and the hotel itself is accessible, near to almost every shop and supermarket. A few minutes walk but not too bad.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

The pillows and bed were the best part of the stay!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The view wasn’t what I expected for the amount of money I spent to stay. There were no water provided for jug and no cutlery. Some of the staff were rude!

The pillows and bed were the best part of the stay!

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Great hotel, great location
    • Premium King Room

Staff on reception were awesome power adaptor, toothbrush, pain killers all great thoughtful touches. I know these are available via concierge at most hotels but an excellent touch to have them in the room well done sky city

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

10 minute walk to the harbor
    • Premium Twin Suite with Two Double Beds

10 minute walk to the harbor Concierge was helpful Nice beds Lots of closet space Rooms were large Bathroom was large with separate rooms for toilet/ shower and sink Easy access to sky tower

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Refreshing
    • Premium King Room

An issue with Agoda booking. Resolved in a timely manner but stressful never the less.

the bed was amazing, so comfy. Great sleep. Good pillows. Quiet room.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Probably not my first choice next time I visit Auckland.
    • Premium King Room

OMG! the glass in the bathroom still had lip imprint and the teaspoon for the coffee was dirty. It was indicated in our guest booking that there’s 2 of us and we only had toiletries for 1 which I even brought up to the concierge but fell on deaf ears! I wasn’t impressed with the cleaner of the common toilet by the concierge who was very rude to us while telling us to leave as it was working time. Understandable, but no need to be grumpy! There’s always a nice way of saying it.

i liked that it was close to the cbd that’s why I opted to stay here again and we were allowed to check in early.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Used as a base to explore the north island for a few days.
    • Airport Shuttle Offer – Premium Twin Room

Having to prove twice that the hotel had promised us a room credit for the airport transfer they had cancelled.

It had a casino. Good position to explore the city. Not to far from the port where our ship docked.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Amazing experience, staff were very helpful and friendly...
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Amazing experience, staff were very helpful and friendly which definitely made our stay most enjoyable. I’d asked for a couple of special requests which had exceeded my expectation. Thank you’s all very much.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Was a good stay. Rooms are very good and a good location. Was disappointed in the entrance .
    • Premium King Room

The entrance (foyer) to Sky city used to be very grand and impressive. Was disappointed as this was just an entrance that you would have at any type of hotel. The restaurants have changed and are not as good as they used to be. There are a selection of restaurants outside of Sky City to give people a choice.

The rooms are very nice. Everything is clean and tidy. The TV has a welcome to you when you enter the room which is really nice. The people are very welcoming. The location is great.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Worth to suggest to choose and will come back again.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The water of sink did not drain smoothly. Suggest having room facilities checking process before guest check-in.

The location is perfect, the beds are comfy. The hotel environment also is the quiet relaxing place to stay.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Our stay was comfortable, relaxing and most enjoyable.
    • Premium King Room

There was nothing we didn't like.

We were upgraded and it was amazing. The staff were really helpful and advised us of some things happening that night. It was most enjoyable.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

We would definitely stay there again.
    • Premium King Room

Loved the location. Easy to walk to many places - particularly good restaurants. Although right in the heart of the action, the room was quiet. The staff was helpful and made it easy for us to check in early.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Excellent service and location!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Email questions to the concierge were answered precisely and quickly. Because of our late arrival at the airport the concierge recommended that we book a shuttle to the hotel. They provided a form for us to fill out and did the booking on our behalf. From the time we arrived till the time we left we were very well cared for and treated like royalty!

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

A great location, have stayed here on a number of occasions. Easy access to lots of facilities.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

People tried to get into my car, as I pulled up at the valet, as they thought I was an Uber driver! Very disconcerting.

Great shower, bed, location and staff, all important parts of a stay :-)

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Very nice, clean, comfy hotel. Would highly recommend if got good rate.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Room rate booked 1nt good rate later changed room to 3nts payed double the rate for each extra night

Great position in city restaurants were good room comfy good size

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

The premium suite was large and comfortable and the gym was...
    • Premium King Suite

The bathroom needs upgrading. The floor in the shower squelched when we got in as all the grouting had disintegrated. Was a little worried about falling through the floor, but that didn’t happen and everything else was fine.

The premium suite was large and comfortable and the gym was really good for a hotel. We found the concierge team to be especially helpful and efficient.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Enjoying my stay verry much and will go back again
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Some reception staff are a little bit uppity. .

The room was great. Verry clean and comfortable. Some of the Reseption staff can be more friendly. Fantastic location

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

It served the need for a central place to stay
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Cheap toilet paper and expensive parking View of a construction site Upon arrival at the front entrance, unloaded the luggage from the car, then don't know what to do - staff unhelpful, drive around in circles in a confusing carpark then get charged $$$$$$ for it - very unhappy start to the stay

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

Would stay again if I could get a room with separate shower
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The shower over the bath was so hard to get in and out of The toilet was very low for someone who is 6 feet tall Carpet coming away from floor by bathroom enterance

The bed and pillows were to die for

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Rip off for the price you pay but that’s Akld City
    • Premium King Room

I made an error in the month of stay and hotel couldn’t help and I was right there at reception and yet I ring booking.com and they help in a second and ring through to the people I’m talking to at reception and hello now they can help. Sorry we can’t help as it’s a 3rd party booking. I think that’s pathetic that the hotel themselves can’t do anything about a booking at their hotel and yet one phone call from booking.com and it’s sirted. Yes it may be the process but when you’re standing at the counter and the answer you get when you ask them ‘is there anything you can do to help me’ is a big fat no then that to me is the poorest pathetic customer service. Also we were woken at 6.30am one morning for a breakfast we didn’t even order!! They dropped it off to the wrong room. When I rang to ask why we got a breakfast who ordered it they said sorry wrong room and just came and picked it up (eeeew I bet they just dropped the same tray off to the right room!! They don’t know what we could have done to the food, not that we did obviously but they don’t know that, gross) they didn’t even offer anything to say sorry instead For the inconvenience of waking you at 6.30 for nothing and having to get up again when they came back and picked it up, no not a thing. If I were managing that joint I would have said you leave that breakfast there as a complimentary sorry for the inconvenience caused gesture and get them to make a new one to deliver to the correct room. Bloody pathetic Skycity the only thing good about your place is the aircon in the rooms and the cleaners, they are definitely more helpful than the front desk people

The room and aircon

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Great stay will be returning
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Very happy with our stay, friendly helpful staff, clean room, i requested a room facing the sky tower if they had one available and they did so that was a bonus, will be returning.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

friendly staff made the stay a lot more nicer
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

the price to stay which I expected it to be in top notch but flaking wallpaper, light coming off the ceiling, furniture wood peeling off. when it is that much a night i dont expect it to need maintenanceI

nice and clean. friendly staff. lovely food

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Great place to stay in Auckland
    • Premium King Room

- Very friendly staff - Very clean - Great location (right by the Sky Tower & in the middle of the CBD) - Superb breakfast (25$ per person though) - Airport bus just two blocks away

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Apart from Fortuner Restaurant il be back you have friendly and good staffs.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We were very disappointed with the food at Fortuna Restaurant we will never Go back there for dinner anytime ever because the food was unbelievable we had dinner there I don’t know 3 or 4 years ago during our stay it was wonderful and this time it just il say very poor to be honest.

We like everything about SkyCity it’s always been a pleasure for us staying there,it’s convenient when I do my business meetings my wife and daughter stroll the streets to do there shopping.Love the dinner at Haumi Restaurant it was pricey but we don’t mind paying for a good meal.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

Loved the stay. Would definitely recommend for a get away. Thanks Sky City.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed two nights and Added xtra person to the room last minute for our weekend away. No hassles, with little xtra cost. Friendly staff, great room and very clean.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Friendly staff.
    • Premium King Room

Cost of room realisticaly too much. Only took it because of proximity to casino.

Friendly staff...am rebooking on my way back. Prob only thing room rate a little steep..other than that ..great

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

just a nice experience with no hassles.

nothing.

the ease of the location and parking for all what we wanted to do, with the public transport & tour buses just outside your door its great to be able to leave our car in one safe spot for the time we were in Auckland for very little cost, rooms very quite at night time, very comfortable, cleaning staff were great each day, nice to come back to a freshly made up room at the end of a long day playing with the kids, desk staff were very obliging for what ever we needed.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

1. Ringing into the hotel is not easy, not only one has to...
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

1. Ringing into the hotel is not easy, not only one has to go through the Skycity switchboard making a number of selections and getting confused about Skycity Hotel and Skycity Ground Hotel, but also the rate of picking up the phone in the destination is slow. 2. Christmas gifts left by a friend at the Reception for the staying guests were totally forgotten by the Reception.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Perfect for exploring Auckland
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We flew into Auckland very late at night and the hotel was welcoming and ready for us even though it was past midnight. You can still get something to eat at this time, but you have to eat in the casino. We only stayed one night before heading off on the rest of our trip and the hotel were kind enough to give us late check out as we had arrived so late. The room was fantastically comfortable and the bed was amazing. There is a new hotel being built across the road, but we didn't hear noise as the soundproofing was excellent. Walking out in the morning to see the tower outside was pretty special too.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

I requested a room with a view as we checked in and...
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was difficult and paying $25 every time you take your car out was quite expensive as other hotels allow you to take your vehicle out without extra payment. $40 for valet parking over priced considering you’re paying over $700 for 2 nights.

I requested a room with a view as we checked in and receptionist made an effort to change our room (with courtyard view) to a room with a view.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Overall Great hotel & lots of activities to do with family
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

When using website booking.com - I don’t qualify for other discounts Skycity usually give eg. premium rewards & have to download receipt through website (time consuming)

Helpful friendly staff especially house keeping.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Average
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

No warning about surcharge on credit card payment as could have easily paid by cash had l known. Charging for parking when staying in hotel a bit mean. Increase in room charge for staying there on the Friday was also a surprise. Left the hotel feeling a bit let down by these points after having driven 600 kms to stay there and we were really looking forward to our stay with them.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, and I would highly recommend the hotel to friends and family.
    • Premium King Suite

The hotel elevator would be a nuisance at times going up and down at different times.

We enjoyed the location, and the beautiful room we had. Everything was convenient and we felt very comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

We really enjoyed it!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We thought our kids got breakfast included in our rate but we had to pay for our 5 year old.

Comfy room Black out curtains Tasty breakfast Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Great stay but please practice your evacuation process and remember your guests are important too
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

There was a fire during our stay. Unfortunately, when we came out of our room we pretty much found our way to the fire exit and then once we reached ground level there were NO STAFF MEMBERS directing us to a muster area. No role call! No text or call to check if we were ok! I even had to ask if we could go back inside.

The staff were extremely helpful. There is a wide selection of restaurants nearby that you can charge back to your room (really handy)

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

comforatble bed, would have been nice to have had something complimentary after paying $430 a night
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

the surcharges added to having a breakfast delivered, extra charges for movies, no free water in fridge. After paying $430 for one night the added surcharges have put us off ever going back again

clean room and comfortable bed

Browse SKYCITY Hotel Auckland Traveler Photo Gallery