2. New Zealand hotel reviews
  3. Auckland Region hotel reviews
  4. Auckland hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of SKYCITY Grand Hotel Auckland

Reviews of SKYCITY Grand Hotel Auckland This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

90 Federal Street, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#11 of 171 hotels in Auckland

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Awesome, friendly helpful staff- a joyful stay ..... recommend !
    • Premium Luxury King Room

it was an awesome experience and friendly - there wasn't anything we didn't like

The convenience of location and the awesome staff reception and interaction

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Awesome place to stay!
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good location for walking to town, restaurants and lots of activities. Bed was super comfy and room had everything you need to have grand stay 😊

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Overall excellent first time experience to the Grand Hotel. We will definitely be back! Thank you!
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Friendly and helpful staff, personal touch as additionals added in for a special birthday celebration. Much appreciated, felt so special! Thanks to the manager and staff for such a warm welcome!

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Room was very comfortable, some days you just want to stay...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Room was very comfortable, some days you just want to stay indoors & not leave. Great location, within walking distance of Queen St, easily accessible to Casino, Restaurants & cafes.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Not luxury, felt discriminated against just because we weren't Chinese businessmen
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Noisy kids pool, denied entrance to 7th floor casino because we are not Chinese business men, not luxury at all, terrible customer service, got offered a lousy downgrade when we weren't satisfied with our room. Will never stay here again

Good gym but next to noisy kids pool

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

5/5 would return! Great service and quality, aside from parking, it's perfect.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

If guests could access their cars anytime within 24 hrs after parking, that would make everything better. Like a few of competitors.

5/5 , expected top service and quality rooms, was not disappointed.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Great place for a central city weekend
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Very central with fantastic restaurants with a couple of minutes walk, l can recommend The Depot for small sharing plates, lively bars close by as well

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Not what I’d call Grand, but a perfectly pleasant hotel nonetheless
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The room was tired (chipped paint, poor bathroom lighting and some strange kind of burn on the bath), lacking a few modern amenities provided by others in this price bracket.

The location, area facilities are second to none (in NZ).

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Excellent location. Staff were amazing. We felt special and welcomed. Thank you
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The veal cutlet was just that. Nothing else. I've had better at lower class restaurants.

Was not overly impressed with the food. Bland and boring although the portion sizes were good.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Although check in was later than I had arranged they were...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Being told they have a 3pm check-in when I got their at 9.30am and this was after I had emailed days ahead to ask for an early check-in as I had an appointment I wanted to get ready for that morning.

Although check in was later than I had arranged they were still able to prepare my room for me in the morning before the usual 3pm check-in

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Great room and facilities, wonderful bed and views to the...
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

We were not given the the bill to check before paying at the front desk.

Great room and facilities, wonderful bed and views to the harbor. The evening meal in 'Gusto's' was stunning and breakfast was beautiful!

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

My stay here was great. Everything seemed to go smoothly, from checking in and my stay here, to che
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Nothing, very happy with everything

The staff from the valet parking to the concierge and the receptionists were very friendly and helpful, which made you feel welcomed. When stepping out of my car the Grand Sky City looked amazing. When I walked inside it was a wow, you couldn’t keep looking at everything.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Spectacular
    • Premium Luxury King Suite

The view from my room, comfortable bed and has everything I needed... staff were super awesome and surprise me with a bowl of fruit as a compliment. What best is we're right in the center of restaurants and entertainment. I will definitely come back!

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

I book my Employer there regularly, the concierge service is...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

I book my Employer there regularly, the concierge service is impeccable! Board papers, packages, messages- you name it they get sent to the room without hesitation and I always receive a follow up call to confirm they've been dropped off. Very Very pleased with the service! -Thanks a from very happy Executive Assistant

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

An absolute treat for me and my partner.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

i thought parking would be free with hotel guest accomodation, the view was spectacular but the window was very dirty

Great service from all the staff! The morning swim and spa was a highlight

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Great staff, great location,
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The view. I was unaware that if i didn't book a Harbour View room that i would be looking directly into the 30 hotel rooms accross the road. Subsequently i spent my three days in the room with the curtains drawn.

Staff were very friendly. Bed was comfortable. The bath was excellent. The smoking deck was handy. Pool and spa fantastic.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Great location but pricey
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Felt room wasn't worth what we paid for it. I had a threadbare pillowslip which you do not expect at $430 per night. We paid for harbour view which we could barely see. Breakfast was very pricey at $42 per person. We didnt have the breakfast found somewhere else to eat. We have stayed at the sky city hotel across the road and it was much better value at $250 a night with breakfast included.

Location was excellent and bed very comfortable. Free snacks at the bar were very welcome and tasty

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

My partner and I loved the beds/pillows, so comfortable.

The price.

My partner and I loved the beds/pillows, so comfortable. The service around the place was excellent and welcoming. Overall experience was great.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Comfortable and quiet.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Location is great. It has a bridge straight across to the casino and several restaurants. Second stay here and was as amazing as we recalled. Very quiet and comfortable. Staff were also very pleasant.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Stay and play
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The room decor could have been grandeur, for a five star hotel, rooms quite plain.

The facilities were fantastic, I loved swimming in the pool. Also felt very safe which is very important when you are alone in the city.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Went with my daughter, her friend, and her mum.
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Went with my daughter, her friend, and her mum. Was so great I have booked my parents in this weekend for my dads 60th birthday. Staff went out of their way for us at every opportunity and did everything with more than a smile.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Absolutely lovely place to stay we stayed for our 1st year...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Absolutely lovely place to stay we stayed for our 1st year wedding anniversary. On check in we were told that we had got a free up grade and had a nice view of the city we also got a nice card from management and a bottle of wine

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

I booked a private transfer for airport pickup in the early...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

I booked a private transfer for airport pickup in the early morning in 48 hours advance via phone and email. But the arrangement has been ignored and my colleague was waiting at airport for long while then had to take a cab to hotel. Through the last minute call, hotel concierge said will see manage to see if give compensation, however, there's nothing happened till we check out. I 've stayed here many times. it was such a pity and unhappy experience last week.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

• Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

No genius perks apparent No easy chairs in room. Sitting on bed not favoured or ideal

good location and staff. Gustos breakfast bar is very good , fast, simple and realistically priced

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Hi yes took snap good view of Tower. good casino near by. I did not know how put photo into it.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

About the bath, I like it but not happy how hard to get out because it have no handles . Hope will get new handles on two side of bath, thank you.

yes bed very comfortable and relax. see no fire alarm flashing light good for deaf people maybe heavy sleep people ?? Maybe we like going there again in the future. Very surprise lovely gift from staff for my birthday last 12th Oct, Thank you. Nice shower.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Very nice stay.. rooms need a bit of an upgrade and most disappointing was the breakfast ...
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast wAs disappointing .. staff presentation not good. Food below average ... BREAKFAST needs to be addressed. Presentation disappointing . You have a quality hotel with a sub standard menu ... seating needs to be addressed as well.

The bar and nibbles with drinks and the service .. friendly lovely people

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Our stay was amazing!
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Our stay was amazing! It was our anniversary and they went above and beyond making it feel special and we felt very welcomed. Early check in was organised at no hassle, they called us when room was ready Extremely professional and friendly staff - stowed our bags away so we could explore Auckland while waiting for our room The relationship manager sent us bubbles to our room in celebration of our anniversary The room and everything else in the hotel was absolutely gorgeous and well decorated Extremely clean Well stocked rooms - even a little dental kit which I haven’t seen at other hotels So many restaurant choices and the casino/ sky tower right Price point is a bit higher but you get every cent worth because ever

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Staff treat guests with the utmost of respect. Fabulous!
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The facilities were excellent particularly the gym. So central for the night life with restaurants a street carnival and a show my days were full. The staff actually got to know me by name which is a whole different level of welcoming. Im coming back

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Amazing!
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Had organised a surprised birthday cake to be delivered to our room- but it came in a box instead and no plates or dessert spoons provided. And didn’t taste as great, left a sour taste. Definitely not worth the money I paid either.

Amazing! Loved the location and view!

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

The room was beautiful with a view over the city.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The room was beautiful with a view over the city. The bathroom was really nice, everything very clean and they gave us a card and 2 bottles of wine as I informed them that it was my partner's birthday. Swimming pool and spa was also great. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Would recommend
    • Premium Luxury King Room

I will email separately we had an experience that was not really related to the Hotel itself

We enjoyed the pool and gym area and the quietness of the Hotel

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

We always love visiting Auckland and we had a mighty time at the Casino.
    • Premium King Accessible Room

Unfortunately the room looked a little tired and the bedding was not what I would call luxurious. I have slept in better quality sheets in Motels and I don't think the bed was made properly at the bottom as the sheets had bunched up. The topper pad on the bed was like sleeping on sandpaper. The price I paid for a nights stay did not add up to what we were provided.

The bed and only the bed, not the bedding was very comfy and the room was pleasant.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

IT WAS NICE STAY & THEY HAVE GIVEN EARLY CHECK IN ON REQUEST.

I HAVE STYED FOR ONLY OINE NIGHT & ACCORDING TO ME WAS GOOD.

ITS A CENTRALLY LOCATED HOTEL. EXCESS TO SKY TOWER & CASINO IS JUST IN SECONDS FROM THE HOTEL.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Relaxing stay in great location
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The “buffet” breakfast at the restaurant in the lobby didn’t have any hot food. It all looked delicious but I couldn’t eat any cold meats or soft cheeses as I’m pregnant so was a waste of money. We decided to go over to fortuna in skycity for buffet breakfast instead.

Bed is super comfy and the location was amazing.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Perfect suprise night away
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Breakfast buffet and la carte range wasn't allergy friendly. Im gluten free.

Customer service, every interaction was to a high standard. They wished my hubby happy birthday. Bed was super comfortable. Slept amazing. Shower pressure was fantastic. Room was modern and cosy. Room service panacotta for desert was delicious.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Nice facilities, awesome room service menu, staff were great...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Parking is expensive, but valet is convenient. Not quite as fancy as I'd hoped for a proper 5 star hotel but still nice

Nice facilities, awesome room service menu, staff were great - very friendly

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Name says it all -it was grand!!!
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Loved the harbour view suite, although we stayed for one night only , wish I could stay longer. Exquisite view , loved the minimal decor, maximum comfort! In room dining was great , mushroom risotto from gusto was very nice.

Cold welcome
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Staff at reception not very welcoming I understand that is business as usual but a little effort to make the guests really “guests “ would have been nicer

Breakfast buffet was ok but far to be excellent Unfortunately we didn’t have time to enjo the pool

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

relaxing and enjoyable for me and my partner
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

pool being closed after 10pm, would be nice if adults could use facilities longer than family's with kids smoking area on level 7 didn't have enough coverage from rain, all chairs were wet or damp.

salmon wings during breakfast. east day spa employees really friendly. fast room service.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Restaurant highly recommended, but accommodation a bit disappointing.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

We felt the room was very basic and small - expected better for the price. Coffee/tea making facilities very cramped and cups were inadequate size-wise. Very noisy too - not sure if this was caused by aircon or something else but it was constant and "buzzing".

Restaurant meal was amazing. Beautifully presented and delicious. Service was excellent.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Everything about our stay was just perfect. Faultless.
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We could not fault anything during our stay.

We were visiting for a special occasion, and were pleasantly surprised to find that we were ungraded to the 20th floor, and had complimentry wine and beer awaiting us. The room was amazing. Felt very spoilt during our visit.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Fabulous family time.

More mugs in the room as there were 4 of us but only 2 cups

The staff were wonderful and the pool was fantastic. We also enjoyed the view and how you could get to the sky tower via the air bridge.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Great service, decor, food and beauty spa! Relaxing, fun and central. Perfect.
    • Premium King Accessible Room

I enjoyed it - can't think of anything bad to say.

Great service when checking in. Friendly efficient and thoughtful. Great food choices at restaurants. Beautiful decor - classy. Pool/spa is good for adults and kids. Also East Day Spa was an awesome experience with my daughter. Central location close to cool places to eat.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Also, it took nearly an hour to find a voucher, and a call the the giver, embarrassing.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

We understood we were staying at the Sky City Hotel, not the Crown, we even rang to ensure we were, and this was confirmed. The room was expensive for the one night, so this was disappointing.

Everything was nice enough. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Postion
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

The room was not as clean as I would like. I did not use a credit card so had to put cash deposit of 1500 which was ok but when I asked to put bar and breakfast on my room thay said I had to pay as I was cash. You help 1500 which was a lot more than my bill. If I don't want to use cc I should not be treated differently. I stay in hotels all the time and have never had this.

Postion

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Definitely be back to stay there again
    • Premium King Accessible Room

Just the lack of gym equipment and the fact kids were running wild in the gym

The fridge was well stocked , the bed was comfortable and the curtains blocked the sun really well.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Luxury and convenience
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The room was very clean and comfortable. Service was great staff always willing to help, providing flexibility leaving the car in valet parking for half of the day after we had checked out. There are a range of restaurants available surrounding the hotel and also in the Sky Tower opposite. Tip: If you book into dinner at one of the Sky Tower restaurants you automatically are able to head down to the observation deck on level 51 for free so you don’t need to buy a ticket for $23 (hotel discount of $3) unless you plan on going the following day. Highly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Best Hotel in Auckland, having stayed at many of the hotels...
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Best Hotel in Auckland, having stayed at many of the hotels available in Auckland centre I can say with confidence that Sky City Grand is my personal favourite and one of if not the best hotels available in Auckland.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Great! Best place to stay in Auckland nothing compares.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Nothing everything was perfect!

Always a great stay, clean, modern well looked after. Staff always helpful and friendly. Easy parking handy to everything we love skycity.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

The Hotel was central to everything, restaurants, shops,...
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I prefer Hotels with balconies, I love fresh air, it was to enclosed for me but was beautiful

The Hotel was central to everything, restaurants, shops, transport

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Great place to stay!
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Sky City Grand Hotel is the place to stay when in Auckland. It is centrally located and surrounded with wonderful restaurants and shops. Plus the staff is very professional and always smiling! The staff is also good at helping you get to the main touristic attractions.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Nice facilities but go out for breakfast.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Breakfast was very disappointing. Small coffee cups and busy staff unable to keep the ridiculously small cups topped-up. The coffee was also weak and cold. A simple hot and cold breakfast concept made confusing by the over complicated menu. The Al a carte full breakfast was piled on a small plate, was nothing more than ok and definitely over priced. A hot and cold self service buffet would be far more appropriate and would improve the service, enjoyment and value for money experienced by the guests.

Clean, warm and roomy room. Very comfortable bed. Enjoyed sitting by the large picture window, drinking our wine, eating our snacks and watching the activity of the city happening below us.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Overall we had a fantastic stay
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Maternity pillows didn’t arrive Room service wasn’t the best but arrived promptly

Bed was so comfortable Harbour view was great Quiet beautiful room

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Elegance and comfort all in one, excellent value for money at the Grand Hotel.
    • Premium Luxury King Room with Harbor View

Fortunately reception still had a running special on discounted skytower tickets. If that had not been available I think that would have been disappointing. I recommend that should always be on offer.

From the moment you step into the lift that takes you up to check in at the Grand Hotel, to the moment you checkout, the Skycity Grand Hotel stuns you. Its not over done though - somehow it nails elegance with comfort all at once. The staff were warm and gracious, nice to be in luxury accommodation and have engaging but relaxed staff. That goes for staff in every part of the hotel we visited - reception, the casino, andys burgers, the skytower, even the in room dining staff via the telephone. The bed was comfy, the room was absolutely gorgeous, the views were fantastic. Even the couch in the room and the minibar options were great. The in room dining food was sooo good too. The fact that you can take the airbridge over to the casino was also great. The way the whole of skycity has been designed is so user friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

I always enjoying staying at the Grand thank you.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Perhaps an extra soap so I could have had one for the shower.

I really liked the couch to sit on rather than just a chair and also loved the chocolates welcome touch.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Nice room with a lovely view.
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I booked online and thought we had booked a room that included two adult breakfasts. Upon checkout after having breakfast as the restaurant, we were advised our room didn't include breakfast. The wording is very very misleading on the website and was very disappointing to find we were going to be charged. I even told the staff at the restaurant that we had breakfast included and they confirmed that was the case.

Very clean room and bathroom, view from room was fabulous

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Thank you to everyone who made our stay so fantastic. :-)
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Nothing. We loved our entire stay.

The staff were amazing. Warm, friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. From the Porter to the receptionist to room service and everyone in between. The food was excellent and the room very clean and comfortable. My girls loved the view and the pool.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

The best place to stay in Auckland
    • Premium Luxury King Room

That we didn't stay longer

We loved the fact you could walk a short distance to restaurants,cafes etc.The room we had was excellent,I wish we could take the bed home,best nights sleep in a long time.Would highly recommend staying here,the staff were so helpful & were all very friendly.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

For the cost of the Hotel I expected better rooms and better service. Not very happy.
    • Premium King Accessible Room

For the price of breakfast the waitress’s were slow on service. I asked for coffee however they must’ve forgotten. We were not attended to straight away so was left wondering how breakfast was served. The floor toilets were dirty. The room was quite small for amount I paid. The room did not have a sofa so i drank my coffee on the bed, very uncomfortable. I assumed the Sky City Grand was grander then the Sky City Hotel hence the choice to stay here and pay more. However it being grand was not the case.

For the price i paid the pictures on the website and the hotel being Sky City GRAND I expected more.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

The bed was lovely and comfortable.
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Felt that the car park was rather expensive, $70 as we chose to go out for one day. To of the shower was dirty. Only difference betrwwen the rooms here and cheaper at sky city hotel was the bath in the bathroom. I think next time will go with the cheaper option.

The bed was lovely and comfortable. Definitely felt 5 star walking into the lobby. Staff are so friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

6.0
    Not expected
    • Premium Luxury King Room

We arrived at our room in the evening on our way to a function. The room had not been serviced at all which we were shocked at in such a highly rated hotel. We were late to the function but the staff did find us another room and we checked into that after midnight. This did involve us having to cart some very heavy auction items to reception before we could go to our room. There was no discount or anything offered for the inconvenience though the staff were polite and friendly.

Convenient location we were there for a ball, well appointed rooms and very comfortable as they should be for the price paid.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Grab and go breakfast was great value for money and...
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Muck up with our luggage, we thought our bags had been put in our vehicle (as requested when vehicle collected from valet parking) however we discovered it hadn’t been and had to travel back to the hotel to collect.

Grab and go breakfast was great value for money and delicious. Excellent idea when you are in a hurry.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Friendly staff, great location, excellent facilities.
    • Premium King Accessible Room

Starting at the check-in, this brief stay at Sky City Grand was one of the best we have experienced in Auckland for some time. The staff were amazing, helpful, always pleasant and looked genuinely happy to help. The room was spotless and the king size bed was very comfortable. Excellent location , easy walking to Queen street shopping, Britomart and Spark arena

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Comfortable, mostly friendly and great location
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was slightly disappointing. I had to ask for tea/coffee and for plates to be removed. Once we eventually got hot drinks I ended up having to take used milk from a table. For the price I expected a selection of hot food however this was not the case. Surprised that at paying a surplus of 200 a night that hot breakfast was an additional $32 however I enjoyed the cold selection. Also odd that when the breakfast is included in your room price I still had to sign for the food. I work in food and beverage and we have a list of guests that have this included in the rate.

The room had an excellent view, reception staff were very welcoming and enjoyed pool/leisure facilities.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Best location with great service.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

small teacups prefer mugs. Not so keen on the soap, conditioner and shampoo as did not like the smell.

Location was a bonus, very convenient and close to everything. Valet parking was excellent, customer service was excellent from the Porter, valet parking, customer service officers and must mention a huge THANKYOU to staff member Trinity, I believe it was her 2nd week but she was fantastic and very helpful!

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Perfect hotel for a wee staycay in the city!
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The bathroom was fabulous! The entire room was spacious and had everything you needed. The spa and sauna was absolutely perfect, can't wait to return.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Busy with marvellous food and a bit a gamble in the casino.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

We have stayed at a few places now and the Grand hotel is our favourite. (Langham is the only other at the level of the Grand)

Tasting menu at the Sugar Club was great. Beer and Ceviche entree at the Depot were good as well. Fed Deli breakfast, coffee and waitress service was 10 out of 10 on the next day.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

I always enjoying staying at the Grand thank you.
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Would have liked a comfortable chair to sit on.

Comfortable bed, nice and quiet as requested on 19th floor. Great bath to soak in. Loved getting my chocolate gift, and enjoyed the coffee machine.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Great Location
    • Premium King Accessible Room

The decor in the rooms is plain

The rooms are very clean. Beds are comfortable and the hotel is in a great central location with an easy walking distance to everything

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Comfortable beds and blackout curtains that worked.

Couldn't stay longer

Comfortable beds and blackout curtains that worked. Although on first floor of accommodation no noise from from street below. Staff were really helpful

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Great location, Staff are great, Definitely get the feel of a Grand Hotel.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

The bathroom could do with a spare toothbrush and toothpaste, had everything else.

The room was fab - very spacious and cosy, the massive bed was sooo comfortable - pillows were devine.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Very happy & will stay again.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Being so close to elevator - was at casino until late then woken up very early by activity at elevator.

The most comfortable beds ever. MICHAEL on reception was outstanding. I have stayed at this hotel a number of times & he was by far the best front desk person I have dealt with there. Great winter rate also.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Relaxing and recharged.
    • Premium Luxury Twin Room with Two Double Beds

We have stayed here a few times now for a weekend away. We love the location and the restaurants nearby - great variety of menu choices. Easy to hop on the bus and explore places like Ponsonby for a few hours

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

• Premium Luxury King Room

I expected some good soak but the room did not offered me a bath and bathrobe which I was so disappointed. Because in my booking the bath and bathrobe is included in the facilities.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Nice comfy bed.
    • Premium Luxury King Room

Initial room had no bath, I have stayed here countless times, and I had never been allocated a room with no bath, which I really wanted. The hotel moved me on request to a lower floor room with a bath. The room service was sub par compared to last time.

Nice comfy bed.