Reviews of Stamford Plaza Auckland This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

22-26 Albert Street, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#26 of 161 hotels in Auckland

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

A great weekend away in style and comfort.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

No fault of the hotel, however due to the construction of the light rail the hotel can only be accessed from one direction.

Tidy and clean room with spacious comfy bed. Close to city centre and also the Viaduct hospitality area. Staff were all very friendly with great service, particularly the lovely lady who greeted us when we pulled up in the car, even the maintenance guy greeted us warmly.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

A great weekend break.

The cost of parking is exorbitant. We negotiated a lower rate. As a guest we expected a lower cost of parking per day. The concierge was great. The roadworks outside make it very hard to get to the hotel - not the hotel’s fault though.

The location to the City and Viaduct area enabled us to walk everywhere to some great restaurants. The bed was very comfortable and we had a great sleep-in when the weather was very bad outside!

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Most enjoyable hotel stay for us to date. Kudos to all staff & management

Room service menu needs a boost but the experience was 100%

The service and friendliness of all staff we encountered on our stay was perfect ! Happy to help with any requests & made a huge positive impact on our stay

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Great pool, spa, sauna and gym.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

There is some construction going on nearby which didn’t disturb us much but limits the ways you can drive it walk to and from hotel at present

Great pool, spa, sauna and gym. Breakfasts are nice with good selection Comfortable rooms

reasonable
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Huge construction going on in main the street outside . Access very limited, noisy, windows very dirty possibly as a result of construction. Too expensive per night given the above conditions.

good coffee

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

A lovely romantic, minimal stress break.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Road works outside, we could not hear the road works from inside. We would stay again with the road works going on. The place is well situated to get around. Still a great place to stay.

Comfy bed, Would recommend this place to stay. Ticked all our boxes. Loved the heated pool, sauna and spa. Friendly, helpful staff. Great places to eat on site.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

I love that the pool spa area is inside and that's it...
    • Special Offer - Superior King or Twin Room

The lighting in rooms is really bad especially if your with couple girlfriends and your wanting to apply makeup etc.

I love that the pool spa area is inside and that's it open till 11pm. We had dinner at the restaurant Knights On Albert. and the food was amazing i definitely recommend the steak with green pepper sauce.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Lovely hotel in great location.

The tv would not go high enough to hear, even after technician came and increased it we had to lip read the movies! Very annoying!!

Lovely large rooms, excellent staff and service

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Comfortable and convenient
    • Superior King or Twin Room

You could hear a lot of noise from plumbing, corridors etc Not a lot of tv channel options

Size of the rooms were great I really liked their environmental focus and the rewards system

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The pool and gym facilities are great, lovely staff.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

You seriously need to update the carpet s, even a quest I had commented on them. I had a business meeting Sunday after in the lobby , this area is tied . Have a look at the tables the drinks are served on , the restaurant also needs a revamp. Throughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely come again. I regularly used this hotel when I lived in the North Island around 2008-2010 . Sadly it’s now looking tied in the lobby and restaurant areas and needs some love . Staff were amazing , however room service is painfully slow around the busy period s , maybe more staff are needed as I really don’t think guests should wait half an hour and then have to recall and it’s been forgotten about. Looking forward to seeing an improvement in the future. Thanks very much, Kian.

The pool and gym facilities are great, lovely staff. But to be honest they were stretched in the busy period s and this showed in the time of service through no fault of there own .

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The staff is friendly and polite.

I don't like the door in the room because it was too light and old without maintenance. The room I live haven't got the good view.

The staff is friendly and polite.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Luxurious spacious facility, with everything you could need.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

There are currently road works taking place right outside, which makes access to the enterance difficult and the view a little dissapointing as you are staring out towards construction.

Beautiful spacious rooms and very friendly stuff. Everything you could possibly need in one place! Beautiful view looking out from the gym.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Over all was a good nine days stay at the Stamford Plaza .
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Was not told of the road closures,one way streets under construction etc ? No cooking facilities available fridge was small no microwave or utensils . $45.00 a day for valet parking was a bit excessive .

The Staff was very friendly ,willing to go out of their way to accommodate you . Food & presentation was good at the Restaurants or breakfast time .

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Mean deal from booking.com

$45 Valet parking, but I guess it’s better then nothing. Having no lock on the bathroom/toilet door

Great customer service. Friendly staff. Very clean areas. Loved the spa, pool and gym area. Spacious rooms and hallways. Breakfast came with the deal I got and was totally worth it. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Lovely place to stay and great location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The room smelt of cigarette smoke for the first day. I'm sure I would have been moved if I'd complained but couldn't be bothered with the hassle. Not great shower pressure.

Great location. Comfortable bed. Good service.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Great hotel - very comfortable
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Great location in downtown Auckland and close to the harbour for ferry connections. Comfy spacious room with free WiFi - would recommend. Didn't make use of the restaurant or gym.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Wonderful room, friendly staff, restaurant food disappointing
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Restaurant food was surprisingly mediocre, very limited room service menu (on the flip side, they have two other restaurants

Wonderful room, comfy bed, friendly staff, helpful concierge, close walking distance to CBD

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

The best hotel I've stayed in so far.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The hotel went out of its way to arrange for a room as requested . This is called five star service. The room was extremely sexy 😊.it was a wow 🌟 room. Thank u Stamford Plaza.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Awesome!

Lighting dim in room

Best I've stayed in! Wonderful service, friendly accommodating staff, great facilities, clean and well presented in an awesome location for good price!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

I absolutely loved the gym and pool/spa area.

I absolutely loved the gym and pool/spa area. The design is beautiful and it's a very relaxing atmosphere. The hotel's location and proximity to Queen Street is excellent, only took about 2mins walking to get there. The room was clean and immaculate, and was comfortable staying there.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would definitely stay here again.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

I didn’t find the bed to be comfortable as I could feel the wooden slat in the middle of the bed and there was no lift to take us all the way up to the spa/pool/sauna/gym area so my partner had to carry our pram up 3 flights of stairs.

The room was spacious and very much like the pictures, the pool on the tenth floor was amazing and the staff were so friendly. Highly recommend valet parking as it is quite difficult to find public parking.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

• Superior King or Twin Room

The room looks so old. I used to stay at this hotel once 15 years ago. It is the same. Nothing is developed. Air conditioning compressor was so loud. Especially, when it was in the middle of the night, it like you sleep in factory. No compensation was offered. The food in breakfast line was very common. The other hotel is now offering Cappuccino machine in stead of boiling black coffee. Stamford can do better than what they offer at this moment. Sorry to say it like 3 stars breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

The service from everybody was excellent!! The breakfast, bed and location are tops!
    • Executive Suite

The only thing I found disappointing was the 'view' from the executive suite. Graffitied buildings and filthy roof tops of other buildings is not to be rated as a 'room with a view,' Im afraid. It was a selling point of the room choice...but the photos of the potential view didn't match at all. I'm being fussy...I raised my expectations too high I think. Everything else was superb!!

The bed is fantastic!! The service for the rooms was always quick and helpful. The turn down service was lovely...great to come back to a fresh room. The breakfast is great...loads of choice and everything cooked well! Love it :)

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Enjoyed staying here and would stay again.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The rooms are a little dated but were clean and pleasant.

Excellent breakfast options. The foyer area was great to sit and have a drink and read the paper! Also the location was perfect - close to everything.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Great hotel in a great location, would stay again!

Loved the location, amenities and extras like the comfy robes. Staff were friendly and helpful and gave us an early check in which was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Staff are amazingly helpful and happy.

There was no deck, also there was a free parking symbol on the booking page before I paid expecting parking to be free. Once I advised this at the counter, they then told me that was only displaying the fact that they have parking. So I spent 45$ on parking! I would’ve just parked across the road for half the price if I have known that before hand.

Staff are amazingly helpful and happy. The view from the room was ok, pretty disappointing nothing great to look at.

Nice Stay
    • Superior King or Twin Room

the wifi limit is 2GB which seems limiting - these days hotels provide unlimited wifi. also, the do not disturb and make up my room buttons didn't work, and neither did the air conditioning.

large rooms, great location.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Excellent hotel, but if one is allergic must know that there is carpeting in the walkways and rooms
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Although I really liked the hotel, I do not like carpeting in the rooms. I am allergic and the carped slightly had a slight smell of humidity.

Excellent hotel, especially for business public due to its very central position.

Most aspects excellent.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The room was very quiet throughout the first night, but the guests next door on the second night were noisy, so I had difficulty getting to sleep.

Fantastic buffet breakfast. Big bathroom. Comfortable bed. Very good service. Great amenities. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

On the first night of our stay I woke up itching, I was...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

On the first night of our stay I woke up itching, I was covered from head to toe in bedbug bites, and I know it was bedbugs because i saw a little orange insect in my bed. My arms, back, hands and face (my face was swollen up) were covered In itchy bites. We obviously complained and ask to move rooms, we were given another room, but when we got in the room someone was already in there. They finally gave us another room after laughing at me because my face was so swollen. We weren’t even offered any apology. I am a reasonable person and understand that these things happen. However, the way it is handled is key and I was extremely disappointed in the way we were treated. Needless to say we will not be staying here ever again.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Nice but not worth the upgrade
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Upgraded and Was on 10th floor with pool. Noise at night which i suspect to be pump for the pool which can be a bit disruptive. Toilet in seperate area in bathroom but no door so whole bathroom not useable if someone needs toilet.

Clean facilities. Good heating. Comfy bed. Great steak at hotel restauraunt.

Price and location.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The bed was old. Spring support issues. The only disappointing part.

Price and location. Cheap cost to upgrade to executive level. Very well appointed room. Clean crisp linen. Great room service attention. Great view. Very well appointed modern room with modern air con digital controls.

Would book again

Thin walls between rooms, could hear the couple early in the morning when wanting to have a sleep in.

Large room, with large bathroom that had separate toilet and shower. Nice pool and great gym facilities. Handy location to downtown Auckland. Grasshopper restaurant attached to the hotel was nice.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Good Hotel - spoilt by bad breakfast and non existant Valet parking experience
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Parking (valet) is exorbitantly priced $45 and i parked it myself and it hadn't moved all night, so much for "valet". Breakfast was shocking for a hotel of this calibre - food was cold, when i complained i was told i will get it "reheated" - this is not a good food hygiene practice or a good experience from a hotel such as this, restaurant manager was far too busy just standing like a spare prick at a wedding in the background of the kitchen watching the chefs cook.

Great location and ease of access to downtown Auckland (note heavy road works outside property - not that they impacted stay any) Rooms are well appointed and in clean condition, and spacious with good amenties

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Large, friendly and comfortable hotel.

Can't fault it.

Lovely spacious room, comfortable bed and bedding, good bathroom. Nice meal in restaurant. Excellent facilities. Good location to explore the city.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Love it at the Stamford
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The bed was a bit hard in the middle must of been two beds pushed together

I loved the Thai restaurant in their it was so delicious value for money Gorgeous spa

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Great hotel highly recommend.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Very good central location. Very nice hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Staff were very professional and attentive. The restaurant and bar were great. The room was very clean and comfortable. Top notch.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Very enjoyable, close to everything we needed for our stay.

The lighting was very dim, I found it hard to read anything unless I moved under a light

Awesome bathroom,very large. Plenty of space in the room.Staff very helpful

Wonderful experience
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Road works, my driver got lost taking me there

Very professional and courteous Efficient and well maintained Room was superb very comfortable and clean I arrived very early and they upgraded my room; so I didn’t have to wait until 3PM. Assisted me in setting up a tour package the following day

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

great location, poor customer service from front desk staff
    • Superior King or Twin Room

customer service was not indicative of a high-end hotel. rooms not ready when requested and confirmed for near end of the business day, no apologies and over an hour to get bags to room, no apologies for that either

location was perfect, everything you could want within 2-3 blocks walking.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Large calm room, very comfortable bed, great products, and...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Large calm room, very comfortable bed, great products, and very helpful staff. We really enjoyed out stay here and used the excellent valet service for the car.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Really nice & modern hotel.

Car parking at $45 is too expensive. 150m up Albert street is a Wilsons carpark for $18 for 12 hours. Albert Street has ongoing roadworks and essentially only one way.

A nice hotel. Good quality room and lovely big bathroom. Separate toilet. Friendly staff. 500m walk from Skycity.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

• Superior King or Twin Room

Pillows far too thick, ended up sleeping on a folded towel - Alarm clock went off at 3am, (previous guest leaving for early flight maybe??) - Toilet leaked so cistern kept filling, pump going every 10mins - Kabuki Restaurant definitely not worth the money

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

This place is in the centre of town you can walk to queen street, sky city, viaduct, friendly staff.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

my partner did not like the taste of the Auckland water.

food was good plenty to choose from, very convenient could walk to viaduct and sky city. Staff where great I found the rooms a bit dark but spacious but the bathroom was a great size.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Who charges $18,00 to see a movie these days? Just been...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Who charges $18,00 to see a movie these days? Just been through Asia with 50 channels free showing all movies you would want just standard part of the room deal- thats just standard in todays market - The room service for a medium flakey pizza that was cold, small fries and a small bowl of veges was $50.00 - Thats rubbish value!! - The hotel is nice but the in-room service and entertainment is expensive and low spec! - would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Room was clean, stage were helpful in convenient location
    • Special Offer - Superior King or Twin Room

Just wish they explained all the works that were happening in Auckland that made it difficult to access the hotel

Room was clean, stage were helpful in convenient location

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Fantastic location and a great place for gym or pool enthusiasts. Nice place to stay with a family
    • Superior King or Twin Room

It is an excellent place to stay. When you go to breakfast, if you want an omelette, please ask for one to one of the wait staff. I didn't realise until later that was what people do. Love the location, although the construction on the subway does make getting to the property a bit tricky by car. Wifi is a bit slow but easy to use.

Great pool and gym facilities. Nice to have such a clean facility with a decent view as well. Really liked the bathroom layout, nice to have a shower and a tub, but separate. I will definately stay here again.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

good, not great
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Pool was freezing cold, as was the Spa, and they didn't warn you before you got there. could have easily said it was out of order and saved wasting our time. Outside they are building the railway - presumably under ground, from 8am you start with the construction noise, diggers and lorries, not great for a lie in...

location is great, you can walk to the Spark Arena, any where in the city centre is easy.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

accomodation good , food options boring and disappointing, good location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

food options were disappointing Disappointed with the Knight's restaurant, wonton soup was boring and tasteless, the menu is not exciting.. room service menu not exciting either, accom was good, food options were disappointing,

nice room, comfy bed, wifi ok

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Wonderful.. Close to perfection

The two beds pushed together meant it didn't feel like one seamless bed

The room was amazingly presented, very clean, fresh and had a few personal touches which puts this a step ahead of other hotels in the area. The breakfast was high class, and their steak at dinner was perfectly cooked. The facilities were great too, I frequented the pool and jacuzzi and the area was always clean

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

we had a superb stay at the stamford. Would happily recommend.

I wasn't too hot on the breakfast selection.

Comfy as bed, had an amazing sleep Staff were amazing, nothing to big or too small. Lobby bar is a little tired. The thai restaurant was amazing, just beautiful and the food was superb although the oysters were very skinny.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Very comfortable bed and pillows.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The restaurant we ate in one evening served average food. Disappointing for the price paid. Bottle of water over the top pricing

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Great location. Spacious room

Bed, pillows, room overall, breakfast, valet parking
    • Special Offer - Superior King or Twin Room

Vehicle access to the property is difficult due to the current long term roadworks on Albert Street.

Bed, pillows, room overall, breakfast, valet parking

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Extremely dissapointing service from staff and quality of hotel is very poor.

For a 5 star rated hotel we would have expected better service. The rooms don't seem to be well sound proof, as we had someone in another room banging on wall or roof to turn the TV down - 7.30am Not Good. We stay a few years ago and it was really good - but this time the service and quality of the hotel was extremely poor. We will not be staying at the hotel again and we don't recommend this hotel.

Fab location but not as 5 star as you’d think

The walls are paper thin and two nights in a row we were kept awake by loud neighbours. We called room service twice and no answer had to call reception to call room service for us.

The foyer pool spa and sauna were excellent and the bed was very comfortable. Also very clean

Another nice stay.

Price wise - great value for a central hotel of this quality (Bath/indoor pool & gym/inclusive buffet breakfast) Fast reliable wifi, and stylish decor. The payview channel's could be a little more broad though. Auckland is flooded with aparthotels right now and all of them are very bland. Pay a little more for a better experience.

We had a lovely stay.
    • Executive Suite

AC was abit noisy as we where on the top floor and big road works out front. Road works is part of Auckland but did not know about it till we got there. Great food in hotel and great staff. All in all great stay. Great size suite with all the bites my wife loved the room and that made me happy.

Great stay ,Relaxing ,Bed was great, We would go back.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Definitely worth it!
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The breakfast room was a bit too noisy, not a big deal though.

The spa was really nice. The staff friendly and the room clean and comfortable. Would come back :)

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

A little more than your average hotel has.

Some mouldy grouting.

The bed and pillows were super comfy. The layout of the room was great and the extra perks,e.g. Sewing kit..etc, were a lovely touch. Great gym area. Even though there was construction happening outside the room was quiet.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

A bit outdated, needs an upgrade but nice hotel, friendly staff.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Bed was uncomfortable and had a hard ridge in the middle, tv was out dated as far as channels available and slow to respond and awkward to navigate, no quick checkout was available. Only had a few channels.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Great apart from the valet.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The valet drove into something and broke the plastic of the wing mirror of the car. The concierge then said it was probably a trolley. The mark was obviously from hitting something with force as it broke the front part of the mirror clean off, cracked the back and left grazing scrape marks where the paint was removed. Thus could only have been cause by hitting something and driving through. Possibly a concrete barrier in a car park or something similar. Luckily I had full insurance. The valet refunded me the 45 for parking but I still have to pay an $250 excess.

Loved the hotel

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Wonderful experience would stay there again Great location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Two mornings the cook made me delicious oatmeal. My wife and I are Vegans so there was not a great deal that we could have for breakfast. That is why the Oatmeal was perfect. I complimented the Chef

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

We looovvvee Stamford !

My partner and i really enjoyed our stay at Stamford. Everything was amazing and we would highly recommend Stamford to family and friends. Definitely will book for another stay ! Well done !

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

great deal, would definitely come back
    • Special Offer - Superior King or Twin Room

the ceiling was only issue

breakfast was yummy, staff very friendly,awesome location, just the ceiling in our room was flaking off so need to sort that but otherwise, great stay

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

location even if the road works at the moment make the...

expensive but full breakfast

location even if the road works at the moment make the access not that easy - taxi of my colleagues frop them off at the end of the street... all in restaurant if you don't want ot go out.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Road construction on the street and since we were new to the...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Road construction on the street and since we were new to the city we couldn’t debate with gps for a while! Otherwise once we rung the hotel they could park our car ;)

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

The staff is great, really helpful and friendly.

The staff is great, really helpful and friendly. They gave us complimentary breakfast, which was really nice, and made our stay perfect. The hotel has a perfect location. The rooms are big and have everything you might need. Bed are really comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Another great stay! will be back again!

Absolutely nothing.

Another great stay...thank you to all the front house staff who were friendly and approachable, and also to the group of people who took care of us when parking and returning our car to us the next morning. Our room 811 was spotless. A very comfortable bed and having the toilet separate from the bathroom area is a bonus...as well as having the air-con coming from the ceiling above the windows, instead of blowing from above near the bed, like most hotels.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

The location and being quiet.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The shower mixer was not working properly and was going hot and then cold. My first room service meal was hot but the second time I ordered a meal it was cold.

The location and being quiet.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Being a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. Rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean.

The safe was broken, and other than offering me another room, which was inconvenient (had unpacked for an 8 day stay), they were unable to fix it.

Comfort of the room. Very spacious bathroom.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

I was up in AUckland visiting my daughter, and staying at the Stamford, made it a special weekend.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The staff were excellent, and respectful. Service was excellent. Breakfast was excellent, there was lots of choice. Overall a lovely staff. High Tea was great.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

The staff and the rooms was nice and clean.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The noise outside the hotel with the road works.

The staff and the rooms was nice and clean.. but I feel the hotel will be a lot better after the renovation is compleated.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

It was just ok. We didn’t expect that the view we are going to see was just a view of construction
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The bed is not that comfy. We can hear noise from next door neighbour and from outside clearly.

Staff most of them are very friendly and helpful. Pool and gym area thumbs up!

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. They made us feel most welcome. Our room was very comfortable and the bedding was pristine. Very quiet hotel despite being in the middle of the city. Will return again.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

One day I was in the room.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

One day I was in the room. And a strong tobacco smoke kept entering the room. Not sure what I was but it was horrible. Windows were dirty but that didn’t worry me.

Browse Stamford Plaza Auckland Traveler Photo Gallery