2. New Zealand hotel reviews
  3. Waikato vacation rental reviews
  4. Taupo vacation rental reviews
  5. Reviews of Taupo Debretts Spa Resort

Reviews of Taupo Debretts Spa Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

76 Napier-Taupo Road, 3330 Taupo, New Zealand

#13 of 43 vacation rentals in Taupo

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

An awesome place, would definitely stay again.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked cabin with shared facilities. It had tv, tea/coffee, sink etc and was directly opposite toilet block which was perfect. Toilets/showers were super modern and super clean, and even had a jump on the playground bouncy pillow, and entry to pools was half price.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

A very pleasant stay.
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

I don’t think that we should’ve been charged to use the thermal pools as guests of the resort. Also if we are going to be charged then we shouldn’t have to pay extra to use the hydroslides.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Quiet and well appointed facilities in a beautiful setting.
    • Chalet

We were given a 50% discount to use the hot pools. It was still expensive and the customer service was very bad at the pools. Really disappointed by this aspect.

Beautiful surroundings. The chalet was a good size for four adults and included our own deck and car parks. Nice and private. The shower had awesome pressure and the beds were very comfortable too.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Everyone loved the pools
    • Family Room with Lake View

Only complaint was we couldnt use either pans in unit as both were nonstick and the bottoms had been burnt an scrapped off on both

Everyone loved the pools

We won’t be back
    • Chalet

No shampoo was provided or any other amenities like lotion. We were not granted a later checkout in order to have spa treatments or to make use of the thermal pools. No breakfast was provided. I phoned the day before to try to get the 2 rooms we booked nearby one another. The representative was unwilling to move us closer. WiFi was AWFUL! I couldn’t access certain apps.

The chalet we rented was spacious. We made use of the table and chairs in the lounge for eating breakfast as a large group—6 of us

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Terrific service. Great facilities. Great attractions close by.
    • Deluxe Lodge

The staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble. The resort facilities are great for the whole family and the attractions are easy to get to.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Quick check-in and check-out.

There is no table lamp in my room. The power socket is hiden behind the cabinet. The flag pole outside our window is blocking the view.

Quick check-in and check-out. Sufficient tablewares and kitchen wares. Large enough bathroom.

Very clean modern.
    • Basic Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The unisex toilets and showers. There were no single sex. We have teenage daughters that were not comfortable at all.

Very clean modern. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Access to the nearby hot pools, comfortable bed and...
    • Studio Chalet

Shower and toilet were not that clean but after discussion with management they immediately sorted and refunded part of our accommodations cost as an apology- did not ask for this refund, they offered it straight away and we accepted it.

Access to the nearby hot pools, comfortable bed and positioned well to accommodation pictusque lake views and sunsets

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Enjoyed the size of the villa - large living area and...
    • Villa

Little things were annoying like a broken hob on the cook top. The dishwasher is ineffective for washing dishes - probably better to do them by hand.

Enjoyed the size of the villa - large living area and bedrooms. Beautiful aspect out to the lake. The daily service & clean towels were appreciated. The camp ground is very clean and lovely manicured gardens. The pool area as good as ever.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Worth a stay
    • Villa

There was cigarette ash on all the dining chairs and no trash bag was given. Was woke up by the loud chirping birds early in the morning.

Love the spacious villa and the heated bathroom. The bed was comfy. View and yard was good. Love the hot spring at the resort too though I think the price can be cheaper.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Such a convenient location
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Cups and plates provided in the room were cleaned to a low standard

Such a convenient location Close to the CBD but also a good distance away from all the hustle and bustle Facilities were excellent Staff were friendly and very helpful

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

The kids were so happy.

The korean male at the recep is like a grumpy old man. He needs more training to be in the reception. I need to pay extra for the pool. The 1 & 2 bedroom place are pricey for what you get. They are harder to find and harder to park.

The female staff at the reception are great especially the trainee from Hilton hotel. Booking a cabin is worth it. It is close to the playground, bouncing air pad, reception, and carparks. It is also not hard to find and easier to park. It is so worth it. The little ones were so happy in the water playground and pools.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Not what I was expecting, but I was very pleased with what we got. Would definitely recommend it.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

For us on a one night stopover we felt that the cost of using the pools was prohibitive. If you're staying there needs to be a better price than what was offered. The pricing was fine for families or longer stays but there should be a single pool entry with limited use or time at a cheaper rate for short termers. Perhaps you could include it in the online booking offer?

Great unit. Modern and tidy

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

We would have loved to have spent more time there.
    • Studio Chalet

I didn't like the lack of complimentary bathroom commodities. Also did not think the large liquid soap containers in the bathroom were welcoming. It detracted from the feeling of luxury in the other areas of the room.

I loved the view, friendly staff, and beautiful thermal pools.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

The spa was nice and well worth looking into.
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

The cottage was very small for three people. It could accommodate 4! The beds were uncomfortable. It was a fair distance from Taupo and walking was not real practical.

The spa was nice and well worth looking into. The staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Kids love the thermal pool and hydroslide.
    • Family Room with Lake View

Additional cost apply for in house guest to use the thermal pool. Overall still ok.

Kids love the thermal pool and hydroslide. Our family room cabin is clean and spacious with a sunset view.

Happy stay with Taupo DeBretts
    • Studio

No shampoo or conditioner - just all purpose ‘luxury foam’. I had to go out and purchase shampoo and conditioner as I was staying more than one night.

Great accommodation! It was excellent having both a cafe and hotpools on site. Room was modern, comfortable and I liked the private outdoor space at the rear of the room. I’ll definitely return for a holiday soon!

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

We enjoyed having our own well equipped cabin.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

With 3 adults sharing 2 of us were in bunk beds which proved to be a little cramped and uncomfortable.

We enjoyed having our own well equipped cabin. Overall facilities were good and the whole resort seemed well maintained. Staff were accommodating for our late arrival.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Disappointing.
    • Standard Bungalow

Bed was old and uncomfortable. I had understood that the pool price would have been included in the rate. the cabins are pathetically small and the price was too high for what was supplied. This is what i call a rip off and i will not be back .

The clipped hedges and the location near the pools.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Nice and big space, modern interior.
    • Chalet

I had to wash up the coffee plunger and tune the television so it would work. But these were minor things. We had a good stay.

Nice and big space, modern interior.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Awesome park will definitely stay again.

Pools needed abit of a scrub maybe it was just because we went at 5he end of the night?

Rooms were immaculate lovely sized veryclean and tidy. Awesome view of Mt Ruapahu and the great lake. Pools were great a little bit dirty but other than that I wish we could have stayed longer but park was fully booked so just glad we were able to stay.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

We got our expectations too high :(
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

After two great holiday parks we had high expectations on Taupo DeBretts. But we were disappointed with what we got. The WiFi was terrible. There's barely a signal on our room. And they did some blocking for online apps games. It just doesn't load at all. We were travelling with a 6yo and a 3 mo baby. I was wondering why did my baby start sneezing and getting unsettled after a couple hour we arrive. The next day she had runny nose and eyes. I then noticed that all the blinds were mouldy. And it has mould on the gap between the door railing. The carpet felt like it has not been vacuumed for a long time. For a resort as big as this I think that is is unacceptable. She had a severe allergy reaction now. I think we need to take her to the GP soon. When I told the reception when checking out they just said please send your photo and complain to our email address. But no apologies whatsoever till I'm writing this review.

The unit is spacious and has heating unit in every room and a heat pump in the main lounge. Good location. Other facilities seems nice but we have no time using them due to our baby's allergy reaction to the room's mould

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

• Executive Studio

The kitchen utensils could have been more clean. Dish washing liquid was diluted and only half full. The container was capless and contaminated.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

The room is modern
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked for a night then extended it to 2 nights. In the morning, I put the “service requested” sign. I went out all day and came back around 6pm and found my room wasnt clean. The trash bins were still full and the carpet was a mess.

The room is modern

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Nice place to stay
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

In my cabin the bed spread on the bottom bunk looked a little dirty & the blanket I got out of the wardrobe had something sticky on it, I only found it the morning we were leaving but I know we didn't do it. Shower leaked alot so water got under the lino, looks like there was already water damage there. Bunk beds in my cabin were really really small.

Bed was comfortable. Cabin was nice. Communal toilets/showers were awesome & clean. Kids loved the bouncing pillow & playground & the pools. Staff were awesome & helpful. Would like to stay again one day.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Great accommodation, fun and relaxing experience.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our children were all under 5 so it would have been great to have a bath to wash them in rather than a shower.

I loved that there were bunks and a single bed in 1 room for the children and the second bedroom was very large, had a relaxed and private feel to it and the bed was extra comfy. Good amenities and the huge jumpy playground! The kids loved it!

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Loved the Natural Springs pools & Spa's, water...
    • Family Room with Lake View

Great rooms, misleading lake views from our room, views not as described in online booking sites & advertising brochures.

Loved the Natural Springs pools & Spa's, water slides & private pools, would recommend, great getaway to stay for couples & families.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Perfect weekend getaway
    • Standard Bungalow

The Wi-Fi code I was given the day we arrived ran out at midnight. So when I wanted to go online that night I couldn't and it was too late to contact anyone.

The bungalow was great. We had my mum, nana and my partner all in one unit and it was perfect. The room had a proper oven, microwave, air con.. everything you needed.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

A lakeside paradise to relax and unwind in
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The friendly staff and beautiful grounds

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The facilities were clean and tidy and the hot pools were amazing. We only booked for one night but after arriving we decided to stay for two. The reception staff worked their magic and managed to swap a booking so we were able to remain in the same cabin. We enjoyed a quiet, relaxing stay at De Brett's.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

The staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating.
    • Family Room with Lake View

The staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. Our daughter was even surprised by birthday treats! We enjoyed the pools and the accommodation had everything we needed.

Great stay
    • Studio Chalet

Our chalet had a beautiful view of Lake Taupo. Very clean and comfortable. The pools were difficult to access with a baby due to the very steep hill, but totally worth it.

we had avery enjoyable 2 nights stay
    • Studio

I did not like that 4 refuse Bins from the surrounding chalets were placed against our Chalet wall right under the kitchen and dining area. I also find the steps up to it quite unsafe as the steps got narrower at the top and left a drop of 2 steps from the deck which could be overlooked in the dark or when in a hurry.

I liked the sunny position and the gardens and the Thermal Pool and the light and airy unit

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Great hotel with comfortable spacious rooms in an excellent location.
    • Studio

Disappointed we didn't get to use the slides for the hot pools as they are super strict with the weight limit, even weigh people, so even being only a couple kg's over they still refused to allow us to use the slides.

Great hotel. Rooms were larger and comfortable, with a small outside area with table and chair which was perfect for meals. The natural hot pools are amazing. Staff are friendly and helpful. Location is easy to access all attractions.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Access and location are great - easy access to hot pools...
    • Standard Bungalow

Cabin was perfectly adequate but beds were a bit soft for me (personal preference only). Coffee and cabinet food at the cafe was not so good - would avoid.

Access and location are great - easy access to hot pools plus a 50% discount for entry (otherwise pools are very expensive).

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Loved the place overall.
    • Standard Bungalow

We were in a standard cabin with private facilities and it was okay, but tired and the bathroom quite smelly. Definitely time for a bit of renovation.

Loved the place overall...my children enjoyed the spa pools, playground and jumping pillow...they were always entertained.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Awesome spot aprx 15min drive from Taupo.
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

We stayed in a cabin number 35 which was joined to cabin 36. They were very noisy next door! We have a child however the neighbours had the TV on full till midnight then on again for an early rugby match 5am. We didn’t get much sleep. Was a real pity but was too late to move. Make sure you book a stand alone cabin!!!!!!!!!! Also the bistro menu is not very kid friendly either. We had the snacks but a kid friendly menu would have been nice. The hot pools are xtra - might be too much for a family budget. Cost $45 for 3 of us.

Awesome spot aprx 15min drive from Taupo. Amazing views from certain locations on site. Reminds of of European holiday camps. Very kid friendly. Not really for adult only getaways. But fine for a night stopover.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Excellent facilities!
    • Villa

Wonderfully comfortable. Stunning view from our villa (Villa 3). Wish you had more time to really soak in our surroundings. The kids took full advantage of the water park which was really fantastic. Quite luxurious to have the slides all to ourselves. My son would have gone up and down those slides 50 times!

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Great value, modern, clean and great location

Nada

Ace location. Ace staff. Ace clean facilities. Plus the hot pools. Receptionist also very knowledgeable on best things to do in short stay. Thank you.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Great spot
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

Very patchy WiFi we had low reception when we arrived but none on the 2nd day, irritating

The best bathrooms we have seen they are nearly perfect in my view (shower returns could be slightly wider)

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Next time I would probably stay at the Hilton
    • Deluxe Lodge

The room was really grotty, old food stuck to all the chairs, dust everywhere and the couch had stains all over it. The room looked tired and dated.

The staff, baths and location were excellent, everything was easy to find and the park and bouncy castle was great for the kids.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

great
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

Shower could be a bit bigger :)

Excellent staff at reception. It was an unplanned stop on way home. Our unit was a little tiny but was perfect for the night. Clean and comfortable. Sorry we didn't manage to have a hot swim this time, next time :)

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Everything was clean, friendly staff, great things like the...
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

Everything was clean, friendly staff, great things like the hot pools with awesome prices for those who stayed, nice and tidy cabins, close to everything. Yum food at savour cafe and overall great experience.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Just ok
    • Executive Studio

Internet was terrible. Having to pay to use the hot pools even at a reduced rate. Should have been included in the price as it’s not cheap to stay here. No food other than the bistro at the Hilton next door in the evening.

Location and close to hot pools

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Considering the price, I would chose to stay elsewhere.
    • Studio Chalet

Our room was not prepared properly and was not clean. They don’t even have shampoo nor conditioner in the bathroom and when we requested those common sense items, they told us it has to be purchased. We traveled all across NZ and never encountered such. But the worst of all was resort’s cafe. We had breakfast there and it was the most disgusting meal (eggs benedict and Big breakfast) we’ve ever had. Spare your stomach and go some place where they know what they’re doing.

Considering the price, I would chose to stay elsewhere.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Over all we enjoyed our stay and will definetely come back.
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

I think the swimming and spa facilities are over priced and could be reduced more for those staying at the resort. Or at least let the kids use the hydroslide for free.

Excellent facilities. Affordable accomodation. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

It was a great unit overlooking the natural hot pools .
    • Studio

It was a great unit overlooking the natural hot pools . And lovely while cliffs spiraling up and gleaming in the moonlight. Facilities were comfy and clean and the hot pools an extra bonus .

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Ok for a overnight stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Had to pay for spa pools separately

Apartment was good and tidy clean and perfect for my family however I thought the debretts pools was included in package. It should be is my opinion then I would have rated 10/10

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Staff nice but room very tired looking and clinical. Not at all homely.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was very tired and in need of a spruce up. Bathroom resembled a hospital bathroom, not very homely....felt a bit like an army barracks. Kitchen area not cleaned well, old food remains down side of cupboard. Just a bit grotty really for the price.

The staff were lovely and helpful. The queen bed was very comfortable. Great to have parking outside the unit.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Enjoyable time spent in Taupo
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

More a good holiday park than a resort.

Good facilities and friendly staff. Hot pools next door. All guests receive a discount to the pools. Short drive to town.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

A good family holiday with a little room for improvement.
    • Family Room with Lake View

The ‘kitchen’ was disappointing. Two burners and a microwave and very minimal equipment despite advertising a full kitchen. We were further from town than I would have liked, definitely couldn’t walk to go out for dinner. The facilities, eg pool and laundry, were very expensive.

The room was clean, warm and comfortable, our room serviced promptly. The view was amazing.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Good stay, kids loved the playground and pools
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room could have been cleaned more each day. Only towels were given each day - rubbish not emptied or floor vacuum, got quite messy and we stayed with 3 kids. But lovely housekeeping staff

Pools, staff, location

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Good location. family friendly
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The pools need upgrading - ie: it badly needs painting Whilst the room was clean it could have been cleaned a little better. Empty can and dark hair from previous guest left behind...

Location next to The Hilton. Having hot water pools on site.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Loved it. We will be back.
    • Executive Studio

Hard to say, perhaps as we had five children with us we visited the jumping pillow but it was blocked off by a hedge and we could'nt see how they were as we had a baby to watch too we decided to drive around the front and watch the kids from there.

Frontline staff extra helpful and really friendly and patient. Thanks.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Will be back
    • Executive Studio

1. We had to move the beds around and floors werent clean under them 2. No pool towels 3. On site cafe food was expensive

Great View, well stocked rooms, location, awesome hot pools, lovely room, underfloor heating and deck

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

great place for families
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

some items in the unit kitchen unclean, maybe from the previous person who stayed?

underfloor heating in the bathrooms. excellent facilities and playgrounds for the kids. very friendly and helpful staff.

Nice comfy beds.
    • Villa

Wifi was very poor. Kept losing connection There were blown lights in the bathroom when we arrived but were soon fixed when asked

Nice comfy beds. Very clean and tidy. Great location.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

A great place to stay for families with teenage and younger children.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Longer opening hours for the cafe and entry prices for the pools included in the room rate . The towels needed to be a spa sized towel.

The apartments were spacious and clean. The range of outdoor activities for the kids.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Very quiet, grassy area and outlook from back deck was...
    • Studio

Bed a bit soft, mattress could do with turning. Blind in bathroom could do with a clean. We would have liked to book a private spa, turned up a couple of times and one wasn't available.

Very quiet, grassy area and outlook from back deck was lovely. Facilities great, everything we needed (although see above). Good location and great to have easy access to hot pools when available.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Family friendly, well equipped and safe
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

Booked chalet with bunk beds in main room rather than seperate from adult sleeping area which we had last time we stayed. Our error and no option to change as fully booked out. Not ideal with two adults and two teens re space but we coped!

Family friendly, well equipped and safe

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

The park was lovely and well maintained.
    • Deluxe Lodge

You had to pay extra for the pools.... a lot extra! Sofa beds Need replacing, cafe closes at 1pm. We paid $315 a night for a one bedroom cabin, plus $70 for one day access to the pool.

The park was lovely and well maintained. Kids liked the air pad and playground.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Lovely stay, we will be back
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room had ++ condensation, and when it rained some water leaked through the door frame.

The location is close to town, the extremely wonderful hot pools are on site, the heating in our cabin was great as it was quite cold outside, and it was safe for our 1 year old.

Great for big families
    • Villa

When we first arrived there was polystyrene foam on the floor. Needed vaccuming under furniture. Shower needed scrubbing at the base where the wall and shower basin connect scum build up. Otherwise clean Our fold down bed had a broken leg. When 65kg son went to sit on the bed it collapsed. We kept correcting it but it kept collapsing.

Clean towels and beds. Great for big families. Warm units great view from the villas nice and modern appreciated the dishwaher

Fabulous for family
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

The room has a strong chemical smell that was hard to sleep with.

The water park, For the kids the slides were very fun, especially the dragon slide! We also liked the first pool (the warm pool). the water felt really relaxing and on one side of the pool the bubble massage spot was wonderful!

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Good stay at De Brett’s. The kids loved the slides.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room we first booked was very outdated. The shower and bathroom looked like it was in a hospital. Upgraded to a villa and was very happy with that but was quite pricey.

Lovely view from the villa

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

With only 24 hours in Taupo, Debretts helped make our whirlwind visit both relaxing and exciting.
    • Studio Chalet

The only thing I think that would be nice would be if the cafe was more homely and less touristy. We were keen to stay for breakfast but opted for something on the lake that was purely focused on food.

From the moment of driving into Debretts off the road, it gives a beautiful first impression. Nice grounds and you can tell you are staying somewhere that sets itself apart from your more generic accommodation options. The thermal pools are wonderful, something for every age group - toddlers, elders, and everything in between. The chalet was a beautiful room, from the balcony to the shower. Warm, cosy, modern but not pretentious. Upon checkout the maori lady who helped us with questions about the area on Monday morning was warm and welcoming. That final exchange with her at Debretts was the ending reason why we kept saying in the car 'we'll definitely go back there!'

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Very comfortable. Great place to catch up with old friend
    • Studio

Would have liked milk in fridge to make coffee on arrival. However was available at reception /shop

Very clean and comfortable. Loved view and setting. Short drive into town

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

What a treat!
    • Studio

The only thing was that the front door took a bit to latch but that is being really picky.

Having the waterpark just down the hill and at a discounted price was fantastic! Our 9 month old loved floating in the inflatable ring at the heated pools and had a blast crawling around the kids section too. Facilities were clean and bed/ linen was comfortable. We had a grassy area by our balcony which was great for crawling.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

My family loved it! Thanks for a great stay!
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

Little bit cheaper price for the kids at the pool for guests

My boys loved the bouncy pillow, pools, and playground. Ablution blocks were immaculate! Washers and dryers were brand new and worked really well! Overall amazingly

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Beautiful view of my ruapehu, central location, awesome service An day will definitely be back again
    • Large Standard Cabin with Shared Bathroom

The facilities exceeded my expectations with the cleanliness however I wasn’t really comfortable it being unisex, I felt the privacy wasn’t met as I would rather shower and go toilet with woman only so hoping on our next visit it’ll be seperate rather than unisex. And just with the swimming pool I thought it was included with the holiday park but ended up paying extra.

I liked that it was a family orientated holiday park. Impressed with the house keeping service and top up of towels and tea towels everyday. The heating in our cabin was really nice kept me an my family warm throughout the chilly nights. Enjoyed waking up to the beautiful view of the mountains.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

roomy cabin, modern and top quality fittings with dishwasher.
    • Villa

we were travelling around NZ by bus. This place is some distance from the town centre and there are no local buses, so we used taxis a lot.

roomy cabin, modern and top quality fittings with dishwasher. great views over the lake and mountains, next door to thermal pool complex with half price entry. excellent landscaping and gardens. helpful staff.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Great thanks
    • Villa

Bin in bathroom would be good Rooms very roughly cleaned up for room service Tissue boxes not refilled Not enough dishwasher powder

Awesome warm room Amazing view Lots of room Great kitchen

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

The beds are super comfy where we stayed.
    • Executive Studio

Just one thing, let you cleaning team know they need to check the microwave, it was dirty and had a cup of water left in the microwave. But other than that let them know they do a fantastic job and the place was spotless :)

The beds are super comfy where we stayed. Very pleased with the whole experience.

Excellent family weekend
    • Chalet

Rooms were very light even at night due to a security light shining directly onto bedroom windows that only had blinds. More than 4 glasses would have been helpful.

Well heated, very clean, comfy beds. Pool, playground, view.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Private pools great idea for people who want to relax...
    • Studio Chalet

Need extra towels in bedroom and extra blankets for bed if it gets cold. Also need a place to hold your suitcase/luggage so not on floor.

Private pools great idea for people who want to relax without too many people around. Outside pools can get a bit hectic.

We Price Match