Reviews of Heartland Hotel Auckland Airport 4 stars

14 Airpark Drive, Auckland Airport, 2022 Auckland, New Zealand

#38 of 170 hotels in Auckland

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Overall it was not too bad.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

I really didn't like the shower head. It splashes water everywhere except on the body.

The room was spacious, plenty of room to move around. Bed was pretty comfy with crispy sheets.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

most of the staff were trainees and this was very evident when you dealt with senior members
    • Standard King Room

Room was right above air conditioner unit and was very noisy with this and traffic from close by motorway Diner of fish and chips was very limited with the fish

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good stay will stay there again but not on the main road side.
    • Standard King Room

1. Would have liked the heated swimming pool to be indoor. 2. Noisy room due to traffic flow to airport. 3. It took a few cards to activate the barrier arm when leaving the carpark. The shuttle driver was very helpful as he had to go back three times to try and find a card which would activate the barrier arm.

Proximity to airport

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

• Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Great comfy beds that delivered a great nights sleep. Warm rooms. Very quiet location. Rooms big enough that you have space for 2 people to comfortably share a room with space. Lots of parking. 24 hour reception which was fantastic as we checked in and out outside of Business hours. I would highly recommended.

Convenient spacious everything provided
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Not mad on open shower water filled bathroom floor

Location was what I wanted. Room was great with two double beds. Still plenty of space. We had dinner. Open late and very nice and reasonable prices

Good.
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

Pick up at airport, driver complained about us not being at the waiting spot. But otherwise friendly. At reception, gentleman checking us was somewhat focused on the task, an not very relational. Second driver next day drove back to the airport really fast, maybe forgot she had passengers onboard.

Great service at Breakfast. Very friendly lady who served and helped us. Continental breakfast was good with a variety of options. Room really good, clean, comfortable. Hotel overall was very clean and tidy. Great being so close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Design is new with facilities to match.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Room smelt if damp. We were offered room change.

Design is new with facilities to match. Having a formal dining room is good. Abundant free car parking. Free shuttle to airport, good. Everything in good order.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Overall staff very friendly, facilities neat and clean and...
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

I had a flight that arrived very early at 4:00am. It was quite a long stretch (25 hours of travel time), and because of this I enquired with a previous stay at the hotel whether it will be possible to check in early in the morning at about 5:00am. I was assured it will be not be a problem. However on arrival at the hotel I was told that there was no room available to check into, and I had to wait until 8:30 in the front portal of the room. I did appreciate that opening up a room was made a priority, but after a very tiring journey like that not being able to check in immediately as promised can feel like an eternity.

Overall staff very friendly, facilities neat and clean and food in dining room satisfactory. Excellent shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The staff were amazing especially the manager who sorted out...

Nothing bad at all to say about this wonderful hotel and staff

The staff were amazing especially the manager who sorted out the mix up with the rooms immediately and upgraded my family with no additional charge. The hotel was perfect ticked all the boxes. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you soo much for ending our family holiday wonderfully!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Excellent place to stop over if you have connecting flights.
    • Interconnecting Superior Double & Twin Room

Due to a flight cancellation this was a last minute booking. Did try to cancel as turned out someone else in our group had also booked a hotel while trying to help out. This Hotel wouldn't cancel but fortunately hers did. However i was very pleased we kept this booking as the service we received was great.

This was a same day booking due to flight cancellation. At short notice they still provided an airport shuttle which was great. We had a very nice meal in the restaurant. Room was comfortable and very roomy. Staff very nice.

For our brief stay the facilities were more than sufficient - the staff let the experience down
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

The staff seemed un-interested - the gentleman at the lobby bar especially struggled

Handy to the airport - we had a very early flight the next morning - and the shuttle to the airport was very much appreciated. The room was clean & tidy

Very convenient for access to Auckland airport.
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

Had room close to lobby and restaurant, so lots of activity when I was trying to sleep for an early morning flight.

Staff helped coordinate travel needs. Airport shuttle reliable. Comfortable bed. Convenient location to Auckland airport. Satisfactory for one night stay, would not recommend as operational base for visit into CDB and harbor.

good experience to stay here
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

if the hotel can offer more charges for the power ,that's better . for a foreigner, they way of funcation to get power to their cell phone, to their laptop is the key. thank you !

This hotel have good location which have only 5 minutes to the Airport, very convenient ! there is a free shuttle bus available. next time I wiil choose this hotel again !

Super
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Leo at check in was super helpful and assisted us with getting a shuttle from the hire car drop off venue. Thank you. Service with a smile from all the waiters and bar staff. Very hospitable. The meal was fantastic, and we had a second serve of the Yorkshire pudding with beef as these were delicious. Thank you, we will definitely recommend staying here and also come back again.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nothing to make this place special, to,make one feel welcomed ... quite nondescript.
    • Standard King Room

Tv not directly in front of bed so uncomfortable viewing Shower in bath and for women can’t shower,without getting hair wet..designed more for men No little sweet biscuit on arrival when you really need just to,stop have a tea and.... a little sweet biscuit... thing much but always appreciated and miss it in this hotel General lack of interest by staff checking in... they were respectful and Accom.ished but no offer to help with bags to room, ..just felt the minimum energy was offered

Nothing outstanding to make this hotel make me want to choose it,over any other

Close to the airport
    • Superior Studio

The rooms are large and very clean & comfortable. Plenty of room to repack bags before your flight in or out of NZ. Late night room service is an added bonus, as is the courtesy bus.

I tried to contact reception a number of times to arrange...
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

I tried to contact reception a number of times to arrange for the courtesy bus to pick me up from the International Airport. I tried three times over a period of 40 minute's between 8 and 9pm No one answered the Phone. Finally the duty manager picked up the phone and promised to send the Bus. The bus arrived promptly only to be informed that the manager did not understand my English (Cambridge UK) and sent the driver to see if anyone was waiting at the airport? I tried to discus the issue with the Duty manager on arrival at the Hotel however he did not apologise or recognise there was a problem. The Bus Driver was very embarrassed with the situation and was extremely helpful. Had I had NZ$ or my credit card with me could have taken nan taxi.. I hope the above formation is of assistance to other international travellers.

Efficient staff, very good facilities, pleased at quietness given proximity to airport.
    • Standard King Room

My husband and I are not huge fans of the shower/tub combination. If there was an option for a walk-in shower (more user friendly for older age groups) that would be a bonus.

The shuttle service; the warm and efficient welcome; the cleanliness of the room; wifi availability..... We had a light dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. This was the first time we had stayed at the Auckland Airport Heartland and would definitely do so again.

A good place for an overnight stay prior to a long flight.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately there was a terrible smell from the bathroom drain. We kept the fan on all night which helped. Filled maintenance report in and handed in on check out. Hopefully it is resolved now.

Staff friendly and helpful. Room comfortable. Shuttle good.

Highly Recommend!
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Location of the hotel was perfect for us, after flying into Auckland at 10pm after a long flight, the Free Shuttle bus was there to pick us up within 5-10mins, we were warmly greeted by reception, we were able to relax & enjoy a well deserved drink in the lovely bar area & were even offered delicious food if we wanted! Our room was lovely & clean & breakfast the next morning had plenty of choices & very tasty! Congratulations to your hotel on providing top notch service!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

We were very happy with everything and would stay there again.
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

Very comfortable room and great sized bathroom. We thought the property was good value for money. Had a nice meal in the restaurant and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel shuttle is great for travellers flying in and out.

My home away from home
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

I was very happy with everything.

The room I had this time was soooo quiet. Perfect after a long flight. Friendly cheerful staff and great shuttle service and resturant.

Upon checking in the staff told my father that there was no...
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Upon checking in the staff told my father that there was no credit card on file. He had to pay himself instead instead of charging my husbands credit card which was confirmed already. It was awkward and frustrating.

It was the usual pleasant 8 hour stay we have come to expect.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Everything was good ... no problems at all.

We have stayed here quite a number of times since 1998, under various ownerships .... we know what we'll be getting and have never been disappointed. We have recommended it to friends many times. We had a lovely cheerful welcome from the reception staff.

Convenient and comfortable enough for an overnight airport stay.
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

Some attention required to cleaning in the rooms. Not the quietest room.

Convenient location and a regular shuttle service avoids the stress of battling Auckland traffic to make a flight.

Great place to recover from jetlag
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Ordered hot cooked breakfast but it arrived cold.

Comfy room and quiet even though beside airport. When I complained about the cold breakfast they took it off the bill without a fuss.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Friendly staff and location
    • Standard King Room

We were unaware we could have spent considerably less on parking to leave the car whilst we were away for 4 weeks if we had booked directly via the hotel website..

Friendly staff and location

Recommended for convenience to airport, will certainly stay here again, for sure.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Everything about the hotel was great. We've stayed here before and returned on this visit to NZ. It is close to the airport and shuttle service was very efficient and quick. Check in was a breeze as was checkout

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I had à room with studio facility very convenient.
    • Standard King Room

I advised about my flight and company details but still had to phone from that airport and wait for the shuttle at 1:00 Am. Would have appreciated some one at the pick up zone. Hotel corridors show ageing patterns.

I appreciated the range of teas and infusions, and the kettle facility. I could have hot drinks at1:00 am when arriving from my day trip.

Close to airport but far from hustle & bustle of traffic...
    • Standard King Room

Close to airport but far from hustle & bustle of traffic wake up call airport shuttle Friendly helpful staff 24 hour reception close secure parking clean spacious rooms

convenient to airport with a good shuttle service
    • Standard King Room

having come from the country being in a room with the motorway right outside was a bit of a shock and noisy!

The restaurant was great.shame the bar is in the front foyer

It was a brief stopover but I wanted to stay longer.
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

It’s modern, spotlessly clean, comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms are spacious. The shuttle service was fantastic and the drivers friendly . I was disappointed we didn’t have time to eat in the restaurant!

The free shuttle from airport.
    • Superior Studio

Thought for the quality of food the restaurant seemed very minimally furnished.

The free shuttle from airport. Nice surroundings and very clean. Great staff - very helpful. Food great.

Excellent in every way. Ideal for an airport stop-over but also handy enough for a longer stay.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Would have preferred a walk-in shower, instead of over the bath, but only as we are an older couple!

Very comfortable beds and very clean room. Staff were very helpful and the restaurant excellent with good choices.

Was handy to airport. Car was safe and was very convenient and suited us just fine.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

I reckon the lift was slow. So nothing to moan about as there were stairs.

The bed was average. My wife and daughter woke up itchy. However my son and I were fine. Maybe it’s a chick thing.

Asked for a room that didn't have a shower over the bath...
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Asked for a room that didn't have a shower over the bath as my mother is not able to get in and out of a bath but didn't get it consequently my mother was not able to have a shower the morning we left otherwise all good.

Comfortable beds, spacious unit.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Not impressed that eftpos system was changed when we stayed. Charged twice and had to wait for our money to be released back to us due to this muck up. Not very professional and not the customers problem your machines were changed early! When people are travelling on holiday they do not like having extra charges on there credit cards due to hotel errors.

Comfortable beds, spacious unit. Nice friendly airport shuttle drivers.

Excellent location, very good parking price for the trip we...
    • Standard King Room

Excellent location, very good parking price for the trip we were going on, nice staff. Beds are comfortable. The shuttle service is excellent including catering for my extra long package of fishing rods.

Airport overnight
    • Standard King Room

For me the bed was a little hard, but it was huge.

Very handy airport transfers. Friendly and efficient staff. Good service and food in the restaurant.

We had a issue with the location of.
    • Superior Queen Studio with Single Bed

We moved 3x, first room too narrow to accommodate 3x adults, no microwave, 2nd room right by dumpster, early morning emptying of trash, 3rd room, perfect. Overpriced buffet breakfast for which hotels in USA, consider this a Complmentary breakfast (free) with the basics

We had a issue with the location of. Our room, reception was very courteous, friendly in relocating us, the housekeeping team are very nice and gave us supplies when we are in short supply

Highly recommend
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Have stayed several times when travelling overseas and found it perfect for early starts or late night arrivals. the car parking and shuttle to/from the airport is excellent.

Very comfy bed made for a good night's rest before...
    • Standard King Room

The shower could have been a little hotter.

Very comfy bed made for a good night's rest before catching an early flight! Good, clean facilities and nice and quiet.

Helpful, friendly.
    • Standard King Room

could do with getting a new shower curtain, the mould was a bit off putting.

friendly, helpful staff, especially the 2 drivers for the airport pickup & drop off, and the person on duty for checking out.

Good short term stay close to airport. Handy shuttle pickup and drop off.
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

I explained to the waiter I was allergic to garlic and onion, and he checked with the chef to see if my request could be sanctioned. It was fine until the salad was brought out - it contained a lot of red onion. The maitre D when we were paying our bill deducted the wine cost as a result. Well done. No fault of the waiter either.

Excellent all round. I will return.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Nothing really, but Staff could smile more. They are very professional but overly straight faced. Of the 7 staff I observed and/or interacted with over 4 days, only 1 smiled.

Proximity to Apex Rentals, Airport and the places I had to visit. Good neighbouring area, Sudima hotel next door. Plenty of parking. Foyer area with good seating and bar and barista. Peaceful room - no noise. Clean and tidy room with daily house keeping. Good size bathroom. Great room service/food.

Always a great place to stay - staff riendly, clean and can...
    • Superior Studio

Always a great place to stay - staff riendly, clean and can get dinner there. Great with the free shuttle too and from the airport at any time you need it.

Very Convenient
    • Superior Twin Room

we had a wonderful large balcony, room service and 2 comfortable beds We have stayed several times before because it is handy to Airport and suits our needs

Disappointing attitude from arrival staff.
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

Arrived at around 11.00pm off a long International flight. We had three large pieces of luggage and two cabin bags with us. There was no offer of help to get the five bags to our room which we struggled doing. There were two staff members (young men) attending the reception. We are both 78 years old.

Beds comfortable. Bathroom very clean

I didn’t like having to pay for parking because I booked...
    • Superior Studio

I didn’t like having to pay for parking because I booked through booking.com and that we had to wait 30 mins for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport

Hide Away!
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Didn't like the price. And probably the general size of the rooms, looked a bit small.

Tis was a good arrangement. We just concluded a long meeting from Rarotonga, Cook Island and probably was focused on just crashing in rather than being fairly accommodated. I liked the set-up and the rooms were great and comfortable. I bit pricey and you'd have to pay a bond-fee (NZ$100) not sure if its standard across all room. We checked-in at night so can't give you a good observation on location. But generally good for a hide away!!

For an airport hotel we were well satisfied.

Nil

Convenient for airport and Apex car hire rental returns. Easy to find. Parking available on site. Wifi good. Restaurant served a reasonably priced evening meal. Airport shuttle available but didn’t use. Self service laundry facilities at very reasonable cost.

My purpose for staying was to get some quiet time and relax for a while Heartland is the perfect pla
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

The table we sat at in dining room was wobbly but we managed our meal OK I mentioned to staff about the table and they set about fixing the problem soon after we left the room

Clean and tidy throughout helpful staff and a relaxing atmosphere

Overall it suited our purpose very pleased with my choice
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom had condensation present for some time after shower used

Beds were very comfy, the shuttle driver was chatty and very helpful he dropped us to the airport to meet family flying in from Australia and then came and picked us up saving us taxi fare. Nice clean room.

Comfortable No Frills Hotel
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

There were no gym facilities onsite.

The room was very spacious and clean. The free airport shuttle was very convenient and hassle free to book. Comfortable bed and good pillows.

Great room close to airport that was excellent value for money
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Good size room with very comfortable beds. Close to the airport. Great value for money considering others of similar standard were much more expensive.

Excellent. Very close to the airport and great pickup and dropoff service, but the staff are great.t
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Did not like the shower over the bath but in fairness we did not think to ask about it when we booked.

The staff. They were exceptional. From the young man who picked us up from the airport and checked us in,to the maintainence who offered to help us with our bags and was extremely friendly. Special mention of Julie who dropped us back to the airport. What a wonderful ambassador for the hotel. Friendly, helpful, cheerful and a wonderful worker.

Pleasant facilities in close proximity to the airport with excellent dining available on-site
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Being a smoker there was no defined/designated smoking area signed. Did find a rubbish bin at the entrance to the Airpark area that surficed.

The restaurant service was excellent and as it was an overnight stay only all room facilities were as expected, or a little better.

We really appreciated the airport shuttle since we arrived...
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

We really appreciated the airport shuttle since we arrived at nearly 1 am. The room was very nice and comfortable. So we booked a night on the other end of our trip also in order to be in a nice room close to the airport again. It was SO convenient.

Not a place I'd stay in again. In an industrial area and is just convenient to the airport.
    • Standard One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant has no atmosphere and the service was sadly lacking in getting the order right. Wrong meal supplied which ruined our evening. The hamburger supplied to each of us was eaten but following my complaint the charge for the incorrect meal (hamburger instead of sirloin steak with garlic prawns) was waived. My wife didn't want me to make a fuss, but when the restaurant manager asked how our meals were I let her know that I wasn't happy. Particularly after I'd told the manager that the meals were wrong when she brought them to our table. She insisted that this was sirloin steak! Why doesn't the waiter write down the orders? First restaurant I've been in where this isn't done.

Shuttle bus driver friendly and prompt.

Comfortable and clean with good service and transport to airport
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

Menu for evening meal did not showcase NZ fine foods and wine. Have stayed here on 3 occasions over last three or four years and price has increased dramatically and obviously hotel has changed ownership in that time. Missing the friendly polynesian staff that were on front reception.

A nice hotel close to Auckland Airport offering comfortable clean accomodation. Good breakfast for early travellers

A good choice of hotels close to the airport with excellent staff and facilities.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

After travelling in the USA it was a very welcome change to have friendly staff, an easy check in and a great range of breakfast choices at a fair price. - Thank you.

A very enjoyable and convenient overnight stay.
    • Standard King Room

There was nothing I didn't like.

The position worked out really well for a one night overnight stay when you have an early flight the next morning and the free shuttle bus was really useful and very efficient. The dinner in the restaurant was very, very nice.

Comfortable and convenient.
    • Superior Studio

The placement of the bed was very tight on the left hand side.In most hotels you try to avoid touching soft furnishings(curtains)but this was difficult.The bedding also came undone easily leaving the mattress showing;which is also what you try and avoid. The restaurant whilst good seemed lifeless;it needs for example model aeroplanes hanging from the ceiling(it is called the “Runway” Restaurant).Something to look at and find interesting and appealing.

Very comfortable bed and quiet room..Spacious bathroom with generous supply of soft towels and plenty of space for placement of toiletries and towels. Good quality food in the restaurant.

Very friendly reception staff, easy check in/out.
    • Interconnecting Superior Twin Rooms

My pillow! Air conditioner rattling at times of the night.

Convenient place to stay as we had a very early flight the next morning. As we were a family of five we had two interconnecting rooms which worked well. Would stay again.

Suited our need and would definitely stay again.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Great place to stay over before our early morning flight. Good shuttle service from and to the airport. There is not a lot of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel so we ate at the hotel restaurant and found it to be very good . Really enjoyed our short stay.

Fantastic accommodation would definitely stay again
    • Superior Queen Studio with Single Bed

the distance from motel to anywhere it would be prefect if you have your vehicle

very comfortable room excellent bed slept like a baby room was very quiet. the staff were so friendly and extremely helpful

FANTASTIC 😁😁😁
    • Superior Twin Room

Only the iron had residue on it which made ironing a bit hard only cripe i have everything else was fantastic including room service

Loved the total friendliness of the place and how well we were looked after. My partner has a problem with his legs and the person on duty noticed this and put us on a ground room with an overhead shower instead of with a shower in bath. I was absolutely stoked amazing customer service in my books. Staff were all very friendly and very accommodating tooo. I will definitely be recommending your hotel to others and we will defintely be staying with you guys again thank you so much for a very good stay.

Recommended for airport closeness and access and well presented rooms with helpful staff.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Just atmosphere in dining room lacking somewhat.

Conveniently close to airport and pick up and drop off service very good. Room was very good with a bath /shower and clean and very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful.

A very busy hotel close to the airport, with good size rooms and beds.
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom had a musty smell but was clean and tidy.

The restaurant didn’t have much atmosphere but don’t be put off as the food was very tasty and the service was efficient and friendly.

Great hotel for Airport overnight stop.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

Nothing everything was really good.

Staff were friendly on arrival and very helpful. Within walking distance of pub and restaurants. Good size room, nice swimming pool and very clean. Shuttle service was also excellent.

Short but sweet
    • Queen Studio with Single Bed

Bed wasn’t that comfortable (I admit I have a luxious bed, so could be biased), kind of out of the way but this did mean quiet.

Staff were excellent, room very clean. Really nice place, parking, wifi all very good. Very quiet.

Great place to stay would recommend to others
    • Superior Studio with Two Queen Beds

I have nothing to complain about.

Great Location. Perfect for our needs. Even though the Hotel was full it was fairly quiet except for the Road works, which was out of their control.

Comfortable bed, nice room, good shower pleasant, helpful staff.
    • Standard Studio with Two Queen Beds

I was disappointed with my meal. I had Indonesian noodles with prawns, rather ordinary.

I was pleased to note that the hotel has undergone a substantial upgrade and makeover since my last visit.

Convenient place to stay between flights as close to airport...
    • Standard King Room

Quite expensive when using a room for only a few hours.

Convenient place to stay between flights as close to airport and hotel provides a free airport shuttle.

A perfect way to start a journey! Well done Heartlands

Nothing to dislike

We always stay there when travelling because it's convenient and the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean with a comfortable bed, no room for improvements we like it just the way it is....and the shuttle service no matter your flight time they always great you with a smile