Reviews of Grand Mercure Wellington 5 stars

345 The Terrace, 6001 Wellington, New Zealand

#14 of 58 hotels in Wellington

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

I had a reallynice time staying here and I would definitly stay here again
    • Superior Twin Room

The fire alarm being set off at 4am, Not a bad practice for the future though. No fire :-)

The beds were comfy, service was really good. Shower had really good pressure and the everything was well presented.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

It was lovely and quiet, clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There were only three English Breakfast tea bags - would have liked more. And would have liked the milk topped up the next day. But that wasn’t anything major! Thanks

The beds were very comfy.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Just very relaxing and super quiet n clean
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, helped me print of our tickets to the silver ferns on Thursday night, super happy and can’t wait to return.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Availability of restaurant.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Availability of restaurant. We went into restaurant at 7.30 [which was full] to be told it would be 40 minutes before available. We were then told by another staff member that it closed a 8.00 pm. Not impressed.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Comfy and luxe
    • Superior King Room

The bathroom lights can’t be turned on if the main lights aren’t on.

The bed was really comfy! The blackout curtains made the room feel like midnight at 9am. The staff were really nice and helpful and they were happy to fill our bottles with filtered water and look after our bags after checkout. The free cookies were delicious

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Possibly the best place to stay in Wellington. Don’t confuse with the other Mercure in Wellington!

Location is a little remote and certainly not walking distance to the town centre.

Nice rooms, well furnished and contemporary. Swimming pool is a real bonus and the option of continental, full English or A La Carte breakfast is fantastic. I had the pancakes with blueberry compote. Delicious!

We were underwhelmed.

Very disappointed was the (Non smart), TV, paying the price we paid l expected to be able to watch movies more recent than the vintage of When Harry met Sally & Easy Rider! Not only was the choice appalling, but you had to watch the movie where it was up to when you turned on the television, you could not start at the beginning of the movie. I would of been happy to pay for the odd movie, however this was not possible. My pillow was hard, resulting in a sore ear every morning. I was led to believe (due to hotel advertising), that reasonable size bottles of Manuka body wash were supplied, so l did not bring any body wash with me. Correct, they were supplied, however, the bottle was so small & increadibly hard to pour from that my partner & l ended up using the small round cakes of hand soap. Hotel management should test these bottles as they are hard enough to squeeze liquid from for one, let alone two people! We had to ask housekeeping for several bottles every day. I would be reviewing supplier. We were asked to pay $30 one night for parking at the Hotel, l have traveled extensively as has my partner & neither of us have encountered this before, we did not pay it in the end. Apart from the most obliging & accommodating staff, l feel we could have had better value elsewhere, l would not recommend the Grand Mecure.

The staff, were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. To the point where at the end of every day before dinner l requested from the bar a bucket of ice so we could have a pre dinner drink in our room. On the 5th day we walked into our room after a day in town to find a bucket of ice waiting for us.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

A very pleasant stay in a well priced friendly establishment.
    • Superior King Room

The menu in the restaurant focused on the source of the food on offer rather than an accurate description of the dishes. It was hard to recognise what one was ordering. Also the bar and waiting staff could benefit from more training.

Special thanks to the "Front of House Staff" who treated us like family. Their helpful and friendly manner was much appreciated.

Very impressive.
    • Executive Suite

There was a half finished bottle of wine in the fridge from previous guests and coffee spills still on the table.

It was a beautiful, large, comfortable room with great styling.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Beautiful, relaxing, comfortable - want to go back
    • Executive Suite

The thing I liked the least, was having to leave - the weekend went so fast and I really didn't want to go. These two things aren't going to apply to the majority of people, but it's (in my opinion) worth mentioning. Something that was a little difficult was the VIP elevator... I think it's fantastic and was very useful, however in a wheelchair you have to remove the foot rests so the wheelchair can fit into the elevator (though obviously that's something not able to be changed) but we made it work. Also, please be aware if you want to use the swimming pool the only way to get in and out is via a step ladder/ladder on the sides of the pool which may make it difficult for some - I was too stubborn to pass up the opportunity to use it, the pool is great, but I personally found it very tough to get in and out of.

The staff were all so lovely - they were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful, warm and inviting, and I personally think it looks even more beautiful in person than the photos. The room we booked - The executive suite, was perfect and truly such a luxury and 100% worth the price. It was nice to have plenty of different plug/outlet options (USB plugs beside the bed were extremely useful) The bed was comfortable, even for me who has a lot of back pain (I could still feel if my partner moved, however compared to other hotel beds, this bed was actually comfortable enough to spend large amounts of time in, without being in immense amounts of pain). For me, this made our time away so much more relaxing and enjoyable. I loved this hotel, and the whole experience and I would absolutely recommend staying here if you have the means to do so. I would also highly recommend this for couples.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

We went for a fun relaxing trip and the Grand Mercure Wellington contributed well to that.
    • Superior King Room

the air conditioning in our room was noisy. A steady hum we could have got used to, however it clicked on and off intermittently and very loudly so we did not use it.

The special dinner to acknowledge WOW was a bonus We thought the Kawakawa tea and cookie in the foyer were a treat

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The experience was totally mind blowing I have recommended Grand Mercure to my Family and friends

There was nothing we didn't like only part we didn't like was leaving 😢

We loved the service all across the board from front desk to car Valet service to the friendly cleaning staff. We did have meals at Grand Mercure but I am satisfied that if we did we're have Excellent wait staff and meals. We will be back hopefully next year. We loved our stay and rate you 10/10

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

A bit out of town

Noise from adjoining room through connecting door. Breakfast was expensive. Vegemite was in large pot everyone dug into....and messy.

Pool. No traffic noise. Decor nice.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Comfy beds.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very expensive for a pokey room. Up on the hill so more of a challenge to wander around town with ease. For the price I would have expected free bottled water and wifi throughout. Restaurant was expensive too (although tasty).

Beds were very comfy and snuggly. Easy to sleep in with the dark curtains. Nice to have a pillow menu. View from the restaurant was lovely at night over the city. Staff were amazing - so friendly and willing to assist.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We loved the hotel, our room had a good view and was very comfortable, and the staff were excellent.
    • Superior King Room

Not the hotel's problem but Wellington street signs are sadly lacking and not easy to find one's way in the central city!

Very comfortable bed and we were able to ask for feather pillows. The staff member who guided us to the hotel over the telephone when we got lost was outstanding as we were having real trouble in unfamiliar territory! All the staff we had contact with were efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

All good and as advertised. Good service.
    • Superior Twin Room

The rooms were quite noisy. One could clearly hear people talk next door, even at normal conversational level.

Everything, including breakfast, always worked like clockwork. Exactly on time.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Felt unsafe.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The house keeping staff entered room (approximately 9.15 am) with out knocking even with ‘do not disturb’ sign on door. I was in shower and daughter still in bed. Check out according to information in room is 11am. Later when leaving room I suggested that the male house keeper knock before entering. His excuse was that the room was on his list to clean and he had to do Rooms systematically. Because of this incident I will not stay at your hotel again, as I do not feel safe. There was no apology from the man only excuses. Check out desk was told of the incident and would address it. I hope it has been addressed.

Easy check in. Able to store bags.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

All up very good
    • Superior Twin Room

When paying my bill was taken aback at being charged a 2% credit card surcharge which amounted to an extra $28.00 Don't accept the argument "we need to pass the cost of the transaction" Left a sour taste on what had up until then been a very pleasant stay.

Pillow menu. Was able to replicate my pillow at home. Home made Anzac biscuits on offer at the common reception area.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Pleasant.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Maybe I read it wrongly, but I thought it was easy walking distance to WOW. Mmmmm, not convinced!

Great view, walking distance to town, helpful , friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I had a very pleasant stay
    • Superior King Room

I stayed for only one night. Staff were very polite and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Buffet breakfast had a wide variety.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Absolutely top notch. Thank you.

Leaving.....

The staff were all exceptionally friendly and this made such a positive difference to our stay. Great Executive Suite. Whole complex was exceptionally clean. Couldn't rate the place any higher and we would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Ok stay - a bit far from town

Breakfast should be more affordable - seems extortionate to have to lay an extra $200 for a room including breakfast & adding breakfast on to the stay was so pricey at $35 per person. Whole experience would be better if breakfast included with the rooms.

The room and swimming pool was very good.

The biscuits at reception in the morning were absolutely...
    • Superior King Room

I understand that New Zealand is an island far, far away from everything, but in 2018 one gigabyte of data really doesn't get you very far.

The biscuits at reception in the morning were absolutely fantastic, and the toiletries provided are of a really high standard - very impressed!

The staff, food and facilities were first rate

A bit pricey but then the ABs were in town. The lighting in the room wasn't the best, no mainlight so it was a bit on the dark side at times. We upgraded to a King room but it was a bit of a squeeze for space to be honest.

The staff, food and facilities were first rate

Great service
    • Superior Twin Room

Couldn't enter premises from the bottom parking area. Had to climb the hill to the foyer.

Clean and tidy room. good breakfast, great valet service.

Room service was cold and overpriced, same with the buffet...

Room service was cold and overpriced, same with the buffet breakfast and not having enough food replaced. Other than the food it was a good stay. Comfy bed, clean, and friendly staff.

The bed was comfortable, the gym was good for a hotel, nice...
    • Superior King Room

You only get 1000mb of free internet. Then it’s $10 for 1000mb...come on guys, it’s 2018! It should be unlimited free WiFi. The late night room service menu is pretty terrible. Smelt like cigarettes

The bed was comfortable, the gym was good for a hotel, nice shower. Staff were friendly

very comfortable bed

the first room we booked into was extremely noisy from the wind blowing in through a window which had a faulty seal, surely housekeeping would have noticed this noise when cleaning, reallly not ideal as a first impression.... I called the reception and maintenance came to check the window suggesting we be moved to another room 1 hour later I called reception advising what the maintenance suggested and was asked "so would you like to be moved to another room" this was not a satisfactory comment in my opinion … and why did it take so long for feed back and for me to have to ask to be moved?

very comfortable bed

Great location, friendly staff, well I priced. Would one million percent stay there again.

Restaurant in house had a very small dinner menu and extremely over priced. Breakfast was sensational though.

Staff were amazingly friendly and made us feel extremely welcome!

Very good hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

Paying for Parking (this is a turn off for this category of establishment).

Nice and confortable room, restaurant with a beautiful view, great indoor swimming pool, sauna and a well equipped gym. Friendly and helpful staff, especially Mr. Ram, from reception, who gave us very useful information about Wellington and was very attentive and kind (thank you).

Disappointing breakfast after a gorgeous stay
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast was so disappointing. I ordered off the menu and what came was basically not eatable. Cold scrambled eggs that they took from the buffet ontop of gluten free bread with no butter. When I asked for butter it had been in the fridge so I couldn”t spread it.

Fantastic to see healthy and delicious food in the mini bar. The room was amazing also and decor of the hotel was gorgeous and exceeded my comfort level.

we loved the comfortable bed, gym and pool facilities.

That the room service menu wasn't that great :(

we loved the comfortable bed, gym and pool facilities. love the décor Gold and black was very slick :) Even enjoyed a dinner at the restraint it was 10/10. Staff were very accommodating and loved that they all greeted visitors with "Kia Ora" (loved it)

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Gorgeous place to stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Can't think of anything that could have been improved. It was all great!

This was a gorgeous place to stay. I really liked the decor, the gym and pool and sauna were very modern and super clean. I liked the welcome biscuits and herbal tea as you came into reception. The staff were also very helpful. We were visiting the university and it was right next door.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior King Room

A bit noisey in the morning.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.The food in the restaurant was delicious.Lovely and clean.Will be staying here again next time we are in Wellington.

An excellent place to recover from a tiring day. Some things I learnt before I left would have been
    • Superior Twin Room

Soft bed.sore back each morning. (This next is criticism of NZ in general, both accommodation and friends’ homes! ) Duvets are meant to have a cover. They should not have sheets below and above tucking them in like an English blanket! Suggest hoteliers at least give the option, which would suit visitors from Scandinavia, Germany etc. Milk provided was in carton with straw, no good for pouring in tea. I opened with my Swiss Army knife, but that made a mess!

Swimming pool excellent. Provision of bathrobe a nice touch.

I felt like a VIP!
    • Superior King Room

The food is not complete value for money but it is not a big deal as well.

The staff was super friendly as well as professional. They were very kind to allow us early check in without an extra charge, that’s the first impression of the property from beginning and till the end it was amazing. Just need some attention over cleanliness but overall I am a satisfied guest and would love to visits again.

I liked the beautiful view from our room on the upper level.
    • Superior King Room

I liked the beautiful view from our room on the upper level. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious enough to contain us together with our suitcases:-) Perfect romantic destination!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The pool being open until 11pm, sauna, the large tv, the...
    • Superior King Room

The bathroom/toilet door, no privacy. The tv signal kept turning off for a few minutes then turning back on.

The pool being open until 11pm, sauna, the large tv, the views, the closeness to town

Not a 5 star hotel , need some maintenance and better services to meet 5 star quality hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room

When I arrived the room was surrounded of a Bush and very cold , They changed us room was looking more warm.and comfortable but at 11 PM we had a bad noise coming from the bathroom for hours they suggest us to change room again but at 12 am it is difficult as you don't want to move again it will have been the 3rd time . The breakfast was not announced that on weeks days they close at 10 am as we arrived on the week end and they close at 11 am . They did a good gesture and offer us a free breakfast what we was surprised is you expect far better services and a room in top conditions when you pay for a 5 star hotel.

Thee food was excellent ,the chef was very good that the only positive we had in the whole journey.

Clean and comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was expensive and due to volumes of people they were struggling to keep up which reflected in quality of food. Had a room on lower floor below reception which felt dark and claustrophobic, almost felt like being in the basement. Also had to pay for extra wifi, due to limited amount given for free.

Clean and comfortable. Lovely bar area. Friendly staff.

Amazing Experience
    • Superior King Room

my only criticism of my entire stay would be that the we used the hotel bar every night and all the bar staff seemed very inexperienced and drinks would be extremely inconsistent

everything about this hotel

Great stay, lovely room, fantastic meal, will definitely be back

I checked in after 3pm and had to wait to get into my room. No bath

Staff friendly, nice décor, comfy bed, great outlook over the city, food was fantastic

The bed was super comfy and room service was great.

The fact there was no balcony on the room

The bed was super comfy and room service was great. The Manuka honey shampoos etc smelt amazing. The room was luxurious. Would definitely stay here again.

Had probably the best steak meal ever the mushroom purée was...
    • Superior King Room

As never stayed their before you trust the staff in putting you into a decent room and it was a quiet night. There was no option off room with view etc when booking so when we had an embankment to look at nothing else was disappointing . Secondly leaving the leisure centre they have a mat at the bottom of the tiled stairs but none on the steps I slipped from the top landing at the bottom hurting my back and breaking my big toe nail . I informed the staff immediately but it nothing was done about it and not even a sorry was given on checkout. Excellent facilities excellent chefs poor service everywhere else. Such a Shame as an amazing hotel .

Had probably the best steak meal ever the mushroom purée was amazing and what an amazing view.

Wonderful site just a whisker from city, less than 1 km.
    • Superior King Room

Wonderful site just a whisker from city, less than 1 km. Private, exclusive. Fantastic value for money. Very modern and classy. Excellent facilities. Warm, cute views. Pool if you swim. Great food at good value if you dine in pork belly excellent

Will choose a central city hotel next time.
    • Superior King Room

The rooms were tiny. Compared to other hotels I have stayed in, for a similar price. The Hotel is on a hill, so not an easy walk. You are more reliant on taxis. The restaurant was okay, but very pricey.

The staff were lovely

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Fantastic
    • Superior King Room

Surprised you have to pay to park in hotel car park. I’ve never had to do that anywhere else.

Excellent facilities. Staff were so helpful and friendly. Food was beautiful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Just great
    • Superior King Room

The steep hills around well that is Wellington!

Super Friendly staff. Sensational Breakfast Salmon Hash brown with poached egg. Welcome herbal tea at reception.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Second time staying at the Grand Mercure and we left just as...
    • Superior King Room

Second time staying at the Grand Mercure and we left just as satisfied as the first time. Such lovely staff members here, the rooms always blow me away. Beautiful hotel with lovely workers. Lovely place to come and relax

The bed was very comfy but the pillows were like concrete...
    • Superior King Room

The pillows sore neck from how hard they were the location - not close enough to the main areas

The bed was very comfy but the pillows were like concrete sacks 😩room was very clean though and the bar staff were very attentive.

Perfect stay for a special occasion
    • Superior King Room

We got upgraded which was a special surprise. Fabulous room with lots of extras with an outstanding view. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It all made a special occasion even more special - thank you.

• Executive Suite

The New Renovated Grand Mecure was truly wonderful place to stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our suite on the top floor overlooking the city and its private elevator going straight to the ground floor so we could walk around. The staff were very professional and I should know because I am the general manager of a five-star Hall of Fame award winning hotel myself . I highly recommend the Grand Mercure hotel to anyone visiting Wellington

Exceptional quality and service. Best value for money in Wellington

Prices of drinks a little steep although good selection.

The bed was very comfortable and the complimentary shampoos etc were outstanding. Exceptional quality teas and coffees etc. appreciated the larger size milk in the fridge. All the cups, glasses etc very good. Staff outstanding and the tea and cookie in the foyer is a lovely touch. As good as the Cordis in Auckland easily.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Friendly staff, although there were some small issues we would stay again.
    • Superior King Room

When we were there we went in the lifts to go up to our room, but they were broken. However within mins a staff member showed as some other lifts we could use. We ordered and was served the most amazing meals at the restaurant however they forgot our drinks and we had to go up to the bar to collect them. Although our room was very clean on arrival on the second day when we came back to our room from being out all day we found that it still had not been cleaned. Although once we informed reception the room was cleaned straight away. We were informed sometimes rooms aren't cleaned till 5.00pm. I find this to be unacceptable.

The meals at the restaurant were amazing. Staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. Short walk into town but far enough to stay at a peaceful environment.

Cookies and tea at reception.
    • Superior King Room

When I arrived the front desk wasn't very helpful with my queries about parking g. Didn't really try help offer a solution so ended up parking quite far from the hotel as the location was on those typical tight Wellington streets. Parking is available at the hotel but I was there just over night and wasn't keen to pay the $30 valet. My coconut water in the mini bar was expired 😅

Cookies and tea at reception. Even the basic room was really lovely and even though I never buy mini bar their selection was soo good. Great health conscious NZ brands and products.

Fabulous! Nice rooms, great facilities. Very enjoyable!
    • Superior King Room

Only complaint were poached eggs arrived cold, but still a fabulous breakfast! Best ever in a hotel, so I hate complain about the eggs... Still fabulous. Great food!

The gym, pool and sauna, the great heating in the room and the bed was very comfy. Nice decor, lovely bar staff and great room service! I really recommend this hotel.

Hotel was was a nice little hotel, meet my basic needs for the stay.

The bed sheets had a large brown stain about 20cm on top it was a bit off putting. It is on a steep hill this didn't bother myself, although if you have mobility challenges probably don't expect to be walking around the area.

Hotel was was a nice little hotel, met my basic needs for the stay.

Clean and tidy but overpriced
    • Superior King Room

The bathroom door was totally see through even round the corner sitting on the bed you could see in the mirror and then into the bathroom it really wasnt ideal. $30 for parking per night was pretty steep. The food in the restaurant was very over priced for what it was. $38 for a very small chicken breast which was quite tasteless and a steak which had no flavour and was very very chewy.

The bed was really comfy. Really nice clean room with a nice view of the city. Helpful staff. Room service.

I feel very safe in this Hotel, and absolutely love coming here and feeling welcomed!
    • Superior King Room

They had a busy night so my room service arrived an hour late and cold. However, I did eat it and even cold it was delicious. I did mention this to the team and they came back with apologies in the form of chocolate!!

Like Always greeted with a smile when checking in. Staff are always helpful, nothing is too hard, so when you've spent the day travelling it's always nice to be greeted with competent, friendly people.

Great service and super comfy!
    • Superior King Room

This hotel was awesome!! The only downside was internet - capped and constantly running out but if you’re not a big wifi user no problem!

Service was awesome!! Great rooms

The staff were great and the facilities were fantastic.

Nothing that I noticed

From the first step into The Grand was the staff and the feel of warmth. A great stay and we will be back, thank you. Everything was great, this stay was for my wife's birthday, so for her to hear happy birthday as soon as we walked in and the little gift in the room, was amazing.

Easy walking distance to great cafes and restaurants in Te...
    • Superior King Room

Easy walking distance to great cafes and restaurants in Te Aro and Cuba st. Great value for money, super comfy bed. We had a great stay and would definitely stay again.

I ordered a steak sandwich via room service which cost $25 however I was extremely disappointed with the meal. The steak was near non existent and what was there was disappointing. I would have expected better, especially after the very nice dinner in the restaurant the night before.

Great location. Rooms are spacious and bed very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but given I was traveling alone it wasn't to big an issue. Facilities in the hotel are very good. The restaurant was very nice and the food wonderful. I would definitely stay here again,

Comfy Bed

Staff member entered the room without waiting to be asked to enter and continued to stand inside the room while I was naked, despite being asked to leave.

Comfy Bed

Affordable luxury style accommodation
    • Superior King Room

Luxury style accommodation at a reasonable price... Great staff who attended to all our needs in great time... Great quality of food bit in room service and restaurant

• Superior King Room

We couldn’t have had a better stay. As soon as we arrived the customer service was amazing! The manager Jared was absoltely fantastic. It was my birthday so he upgraded our room which was very nice of him. He gave us all the details on the accomodation and even places near by where we could have a nice night out. We were given drink cards for the bar and the morning after our stay we went and had a 10 out of 10 coffee which was very impressive when not even most cafes do coffee as good as the one we had. We were also very impressed with the extra little toiletries in the bathroom for use. Overall we had a fantastic stay. It was our first time and it will definitely not be our last that’s for sure. Very impressed!

We were upgraded to room 801, which was a lovely gesture,...
    • Superior King Room

To start with when husband went to have a shave, the basin plug wouldn't stay down. Also the toilet seat brackets were all loose and needed tightening. We phoned the Reception and someone came and had a look, then saying that he would have a look at some other room to see how the plug is meant to be. He phoned up and said they would have to get the maintenance guy the following day. In the meantime, husband asked how was he going to shave. Eventually they bought up a bowl for him to use. The lampshade closest to the TV was all dusty on the top, and in getting into bed noticed that one of the pillowcases had the start of TEARING in a couple of places. You may think that the above comments are a little harsh, but we do not go away very much at all, and with celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary thought lets splash out and stay somewhere that is high in grading and so expected to be of high grading.

We were upgraded to room 801, which was a lovely gesture, thank you. The view from our room was excellent. The bed was absolutely great. The choice for breakfast was fantastic, value for money. The staff were very helpful and polite.

Staff very professional and restaurant great food

As our room was at the front entrance, every time people were dropped off by car etc we heard the doors close and boot close. Also the doors when left to close were very loud, so not a quiet place to sleep.

Staff very professional and restaurant great food

Great hotel in quiet suburb on the hill but a stones throw from the city centre.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very quiet location out of town centre but an easy 5 min to walk in, steep up hill on return but an Uber is only around $6.50 from many city locations. Hotel staff were all very attentive and helpful. Beds are incredibly comfy. Blackout curtains good for sleeping. Huge quality TV. Bar with nice city view. Would definitely stay again.

Fine but for the money wouldn’t stay again.
    • Superior King Room

Weak shower, and shower was not hot only warm. The staff banged on the doors and made a lot of noise both mornings too early to be acceptable.

The rooms were clean and smart, good location, quiet location

I hadn’t realised that I had to book breakfast online to get...
    • Superior King Room

I hadn’t realised that I had to book breakfast online to get the deal which included breakfast - plus there was no parking unless prepared to pay $ 30 per night for vallet parking - realise parking is premium in CBD but not something I had read in the small print - your website needs to be more specific - as I took the deal online thinking it automatically included breakfast as it said free breakfast - I am unsure if I will use again

Affordable luxury
    • Superior King Room

It was a little further away from the city than I thought but close enough to Cuba Street with the back entrance/exit for guests. They only had the $30/night valet parking option for onsite parking. Complimentary wifi was available but I felt the 1G/night for the room was too little.

The room was very comfortable and had all the standard amenities as well as luxury ones such as usb ports next to the bed, bath robes and room slippers. The indoor heated pool and sauna were great and they provided towels. The lobby is beautiful and they had complimentary tea and cookies. Staff were attentive and service provided was excellent.

could have been better.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Valet parking at NZD 30 per night. Had connecting room and could clearly hear next doors conversation.

Not too far to walk to retaurants, bars, sights.

• Superior Twin Room

Would have liked a brighter lamp...I have poor eyesight

Excellent rooms and facilities , staff welcoming and very helpful, would recommend the Grand Mercure for your stay in Welllington

The beds were the best,
    • Superior Twin Room

the lights we couldnt understand the air conditioning was noise With no car location was abit of a problem

The beds were the best, Food was prefect,