Reviews of Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah 5 stars

#8 of 47 hotels in Salalah

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good
    • Standard Room

I was in the restaurant first of all the request was delayed 2 - in the Resturant their was construction whic destructing and noisy and dusty!!! Very bad for such experiences

Location and layout

The staff were really supportive.
    • Standard Room

The hotel and its facilities are really old. Nothing much to do at night in the hotel.

The staff were really supportive. We arrived earlier than the check in and they provided us with a complimentary room to rest until our rooms got ready. The Breakfast was amazing and location is good.

The hotel is good based on the location and facilities but...
    • Standard Room

Room view was not good. Insects around the room, advised to not open the window. Room was not linked to one building, you should have to move across the resturant which annoying people setting there.

The hotel is good based on the location and facilities but as 5 stars hotel it should be more than what i expected. The location & food were good.

excellent stay, neat rooms, good breakfast ,can recommend to others...
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Stay was only for 2 days. should have stayed more....

Excellent staff. All of them were caring and helpful. The front office staff one Mr Darsana helped us verymuch to arrange for the sight seeing programme. Thanks a lot Mr Darsana.

Hotel was okay, staff great, Salalah was a disappointment
    • Twin Room with Sea View

It is during monsoon season and so beach was closed and weather was drizzly. Salalah didn't seem organized as a tourist place. Hotel is looking a bit dated and needs upgrading. The restaurant building under construction on the beach should make a big difference.

Staff were great, Location was okay. Place was clean. Food was good, bar was good.

It is old and gaudy and in desperate need of a renovation.
    • Standard Room

It is old and gaudy and in desperate need of a renovation. We were there in wet season and there was nowhere to sit outside under cover. Disappointing.

friendly staff
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

overpriced, dated hotel, insufficient maintenance and upkeep of the property, noisy room (could hear furniture moving across tiles and a lot of noise from neighboring room and corridor despite the wing claiming to be a "Quiet Zone"

friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The staff in the Resturant were very nice and friendly.
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

The lack of service was a bit shocking. There was only one resturant. The staff at the hotel seemed too small. I felt like I was renting a room at a house rather than a hotel. I kept calling the reception and often enough, no body answered the phone or they answered it very poorly. I paid extra for a sea view room but there was hardly any sea view to be seen. The room was over the park and you could not see the ocean. At the actual room, there was no tooth brush or tooth paste.. and when I arrived, there was already a used tooth brush that stayed in the same place for days after. The windows in my room were locked and I hated it. You could not get any fresh air. Also the pathway to the from the resort was locked down.

The staff in the Resturant were very nice and friendly. They offered me free breakfast a couple of times and were very cooperative with my feedback. I really loved it. The food was good and had good variety. The location of the resort was great and I loved the garden around the resort and the theme- resturant they have in the garden. Very nice atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We had a lovely stay at the Crowne Plaza Resort!
    • Standard Room

The chefs were very plain and non responsive. It would be nice for them to smile and talk with guests when they come and place orders for their omelette or atleast say yes sure will make one rather than blank faces. Even though it’s busy a smiling face is enough and better. The sliding doors are rusty and need cleaning and fixing. There are no door men at the entrance and not enough staff at lobby to welcome you or escort you and help you with your luggage. We had to place the luggage in the car ourself during departure and didn’t find anyone at the entrance to assist us. The check out was done quickly and efficiently however the front desk didn’t even wish us farewell. It was plain thank you. Need to work on a little interaction with guests and have manager presence around. We didn’t see any around in the lobby!

We had a lovely stay at the Crowne Plaza Resort! We were mostly out and about visiting Salalah and the staff made sure our rooms were clean. Did Hany for HK was very courteous and managed to find us to enquire if we were happy with the cleaning service. Jincy from the breakfast restaurant was very accommodating with our arranging a table for me and my husband during busy rush hours. On the last day of stay I was really tired and lazy to go down to eat breakfast so I asked my husband to carry on without me. When Jincy didn’t see me with him she enquire if I was coming to join the table. When my husband informed that I was resting in our room, she very kindly offered to send some breakfast for me to the room which was amazingly thoughtful. Of course when the breakfast arrived I was delighted and hungry! The entire team at the breakfast did an amazing job during the Eid rush hour and made sure all guests were looked after. Darshana was another superstar at the Hotel from our arrival up until departure he took great care in arranging a lovely room upgrade for us. Also offered several gps locations to visit during our trip. He was very keen and thoughtful to keep a check on us whether we reached from our trips back and if we needed any help. The lady I think Katinka at guest relations from Russia was always smiling and welcoming. The property is very classic and traditional. Feels more like home then some lavish five star modern robotic structure. I think the staff make it more homely. Thank you for an amazing stay!

Not worth the money and 100% not trues the pictures they loaded on booking.com portal. 100% cheating
    • Three Bedroom Villa

Absolutely not worth the money that we paid. I would rate the hotel 1 Star instead of the 5 star they claim. Everything was old and very smelly. The pictures they uploaded on booking.com and the actually reality of the building is 100% different. Overall, we really hated the property as it didn't any facility for the kids and the swimming pols were run down. I wouldn't advice families to go there. The health club facilities looks like an hospital.

The weather was great and the staff was great. Specially the manager of the hotel Mr Mubarak was very friendly. One other staff named Sheila from the restaurant was fantastic and very helpful. Overall the entire team from all department were great.

Outdated tired dirty overrated hotel that is a 2.5 Star

Not a 5 Star property at all . Limited service unclean no nice areas to relax

Tired outdated run down hotel that is dirty in public areas . No nice lounge bar areas to have a drink .

A good experiance
    • Standard Room

The hotel is a bit old hence the rooms are not the best. Also, the location was a bit fat and close to the souq which always had traffic. Besides that all was good

The staff were amazing and nice. The resturant had a steak day where I had my anniversary dinner and ordered a cake. Enjoyed my stay.

Nice and friendly staff who were nice enough to help us out...
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very very old, and is not really what it appears to be in the pictures, not clean at all, the smell of the plates and kitchenware was constantly very bad. constant strong smell of chlorine always filled the hallway of our room.

Nice and friendly staff who were nice enough to help us out with all the problems we had.

decent hotel however, i was expecting more
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

the hotel is old and there is a construction going on in front of my room. I paid for beach view but you can barely see it. i had them check my refrigerator twice and it got replaced however, still the item is still warm.

location is good, staff are very nice and polite. i got free fruits basket. big swimming pool

Waiters and waitresses, are extremely careful and kind.
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Te odour of the perfume when entering to the hotel. It is the same fragrance used in Europe in toilets in stations. Believe me, it is disgusting.

Waiters and waitresses, are extremely careful and kind. Te best I've ever seen.

Good hotel but expensive
    • Standard Room

General: I didn’t feel it’s worth to stay in resort because most of the time I was outside If you are going to stay more than 5 days then maybe you will spend some time at hotel and use their facility Cost: It’s expensive compare to what you get in return and doesn’t look 5* star hotel 4* is fair enough. Stuff: They are very helpful and very kind from reception to house keeping and for sure the Resturant stuff Location: Is good place and near beach Room: Standard Room is big but the mattress was not very comfortable compare to other 5* hotels

I like the breakfast and the stuff

I had enjoyed staying in crown plaza for 2 nights
    • Standard Room

Breakfast closed at 10:30am However they’re disturbing us by using vacuum cleaner and removing the plates immediately they should wait until 11am and let us finish our food ,Then start cleaning.

Very good location sea view.

We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the staff was so...
    • Three Bedroom Villa

The staff at the pool area was not even considerate to adjust the closing time even though we have requested for few more minutes. As a five star hotel we have high expectation that they will go extra mile to meet customer needs. Very much disappointed on this part of our stay

We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the staff was so amazing and do so much effort to accommodate our request. They even gave us few pastries upon learning that we will go for a full day tour of Salalah it was a sweet gesture from them. Really Five star service from all of them. And on the last leg of our trip, Darsha (not so sure of the name) the reception supervisor advise us to take the coastal road and was indeed very good suggestion coz we saw the other side of Salalah that worth seeing..

Awfully disappointing
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Poor hotel, decor 1980s, leaks in roof of restaurant, property damaged in cyclone, poor cleanliness, smells of damp, all in all I would never stay there again. The whole property should be levelled and a new one put in. Staff doing their best in a very shoddy property.

Staff were friendly

Excellennt location and property
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Room space is small relative to region but it is good enough.

Excellent property to stay at. Excellent breakfast. Staff are very helpfull. Withen distance to archiological site & for the old market.and withen 30min to the green mountains.overall excellent place to sat at.

EXcellent facilty ; Excellent location , Superfirendly staff.
    • Standard Room

Restaurant was understaffed . Everyone was working really hard. It could be due to Eid holidays. However they could do with some better staff number specially at busy times.

Very friendly staff. Excellent location. Pick up and drop off facility from airport is a big plus. Good quality food.

It was a short petiod but enjoyable stay
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Room temperature couldnt control as per the quirement and within the comfortable range as the thermostat settings were fixed.

Very much supportive reception desk team (specially Mr. Dharshana) Very good Resturant service and many varieties of foods and beverages. Well served pool facilitis.

Reception at welcoming was not exceed our expectation.
    • Standard Room

Reception at welcoming was not exceed our expectation. Breakfast we ordered in the room at second day was not as the first day, first day was excellent.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

I’ve traveled in many places around the Middle East and i wouldn’t confidently call this a 5 star hotel. The changing rooms in the pool need to be updated and some of the staff could have been a little more respectful of female clientele to be honest. For the price of the hotel I would say the quality of food is lacking- 6 rials for a fattouch salad is a little ridiculous and the menu is not very inspiring for the price.

The bed was very comfortable. The reception staff were extremely helpful and really went out of their way to help me and make me feel at home. They were really lovely. The car rental guys were very accommodating.

Happy staying in Crown Plaza
    • Standard Room

First impression while approaching the entry of the hotel doesn't give prominent 5 star property in terms of experience in other similar locations.

Location, proximity to city center as a 5 star hotel with wide private beach, welcoming staffs etc.

Excellent Resort for R & R
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Failure to inform me of what's included and excluded in the dinner buffet price. Water and soda are not free in dinner buffet, so better bring that complimentary bottled water from the hotel's room.

What i liked most is the hospitality and friendly staff in the front desk (Marilyn and Michelle), the attentive and approachable staff in Darbat Resto (Elvera, Sabel & Marinel) and Dolphin Resto (Shiela). It's location and facilities/amenities are excellent for R & R. Free airport shuttle service is more than a bonus. And i'm grateful to the management and staff for the birthday surprise i found in my room - a birthday cake! Overall, i highly recommend Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah for group of friends (they have Villa), family, couple and solo travellers.

Lovely place to relax
    • Standard Room

Its a little tired now, definitely needs modernising. Shuttle took ages to get us to hotel as he waited a long time for people who were clearly not coming, same with it leaving they waited for a long time for people who were not there- lucky we weren't in a rush...

A lovely place for a break.

Comfortable but not 5*
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

The 'sea view' room was not directly facing the sea as you'd think it would, we had more of a garden view with sea in the background. We were given the choice of another room but it had the same view. The toilets in the lobby were not regularly cleaned and I reported this to front desk who apologised and told me to use the downstair ones but they had the same problem! Book in advance for airport shuttle otherwise they won't see you as priority. We did not want to wait for other passengers at the airport so took a taxi from airport to hotel but they wouldn't reimburse the fare as we hadn't booked with them!

The beach was beautiful and the pool area was good. The staff were pleasant, the manager and the restaurant staff were helpful and approachable. Hotel is a little dated but overall comfortable.

The room was clean and tidy
    • Standard Room

Check in was slow Poor maintenance in the room Pool bar was dirty Beach restaurant - Lebanese night, food and service 2 stars

The room was clean and tidy All staff were helpful except the F&B manager

Fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Staff made it that much more special.
    • Standard Room

Was overcharged by taxi. But such things are not uncommon in touristy locations and limited that the hotel can do to control.

Very friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure our comfort and well-being!

Great location, peaceful aspect and helpful staff but some areas need to be better organised.
    • Standard Room

On the second night of our stay the restaurant was closed and all hotel guests were fed at a BBQ in the grounds. This was very limiting and the there were large queues for food at both the BBQ and the Bain Maries (which contained cold food or were empty for much of the night). It appeared that there were not enough staff to cope with the extra load. On making a complaint it was dealt with quickly and the Restaurant Manager admitted that they should have coped better as they knew the numbers requiring food. The other issue which the hotel needs to address is to ensure the check in desks is more efficient, there were large queues at times and it was very difficult check in or out quickly.

Our room was excellent with plenty of space and very comfortable bed. The pool area was very spacious and well provisioned with sunbeds, umbrellas and tables. Location on the large and empty beach made for a pleasant stay. Food on the first night was very good and the balcony area was a highlight.

Excellent weekend in Salalah!
    • Standard Room

I must say that everyone in the hotel made my weekend excellent; from the concierge up to the waiter of the restaurant, all were super friendly and helpful. You don't need to worry about anything, ask for help that for sure they have everything planned already and they can give you exactly what you need.

The waitress and waitresses at breakfast buffet were nice.
    • Three Bedroom Villa

The supervising staff at breakfast buffet were not nice, not helpful and not welcoming.

The waitress and waitresses at breakfast buffet were nice. Villa views were nice.

Very friendly housekeeping staff
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly staff (except for housekeeping). While checking out, we were carrying our bags and no one offered to help. They just smiled! Although valet kiosk is at the main entrance, but during my stay, I didn't see anybody manning the valet station.

Very friendly housekeeping staff Good breakfast Location was great

Overpriced, outmoded but great location
    • Executive Suite with Sea View

This place is way overpriced. Everything in it (food and drink) costs way too much money. The hotel seems like it's showing its age in many ways. It's quite a ways from the city and the taxis are out to take as much money as they can. There are no bicycles available to rent and no shuttle (except for the airport) so guests are stuck overpaying taxi drivers. I had an Exécutive Suite with two balconies that had partial views of the sea. For what was paying, I expected better. The pub was a little sleazy with two Eastern European girls in short shorts singing karaoke for ogling drunk locals.

The location was excellent and the decor in the lobby was very nice. The beach area is very nice and there are towels and lines available. I liked the pool bar a lot.

Excellent Hotel, but see comments Re food and drink
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

The Building site noise Cost of Food and Drink, expensive even for Oman - Bottle of Water at Pool Bar was upto 5 times cost of buying in a Gas Station ! - Bit Rich that i thought

Excellent Hotel - Good facilities and Staff were mostly ok. Sea Veiw room consisted of veiw of a construction Site - Not so good. Expensive for Eating and Drinking - Would recommend going AI for sure, however did not see this option on Booking.Com website. - Booking.com ??

The private beach of the hotel is stunning and the room was...
    • Standard Room

The overall facilities of the hotel are not modern and some improvements could be made in that sense. The restaurant by the beach was under construction when we were there, so it was replaced by a tent with a bright white light, which was not pleasant. The staff was very friendly, but there seemed to be some management issues at the restaurants and bars causing very long waiting times to be served. Overall, I was disappointed by the quality of the food served considering the price.

The private beach of the hotel is stunning and the room was very comfortable. The hotel is located near an archeological site and other hotels, but you can only get around by car.

Went off the hotle with smile
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Slightly dated table lamps Bath room also

All are freindly Good late checking Room service was v good Veiw was perfect Car park was availabe &near

Beautiful Resort
    • Three Bedroom Villa

The Food in this facility was way below average . The dolphin beach hotel buffet was good but overpriced . Darbat restaurant breakfast was bland and boring . Food for room service was from the same hotel . The resort seriously needs to change their menu / chef to match up to the other departments .

Location , Villa , Facilities , the beach , staff and comfort . Perfect getaway for the family . A gem in the salalah coast !

Great hotel directly on the quiet white sandy beach
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

No one came to the guests on the sun loungers to ask if you would like drinks, but the bar was only a short walk.

Super comfy bed and clean rooms, staff very friendly and helpful. Amazing location right on the beach as well as pool, great choice at breakfast, food in the restaurant was also very good. It is too far from the town to walk, but all of the resort hotels are, there were always taxis in the car park opposite.

Villa Stay - Home Away From Home But With a View
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

For villa guests, would have preferred individual car parking available closer to the individual villas. But apart from this can't really complain! It was an amazing stay!

Friendliest reception staff EVER (special mention - Ms. Sharmila), Villa room size, Shisha Lounge right by the beach, beach access, good breakfast, helpful staff (housekeeping and concierge), view from room or villa, safe and authorized entry to villa zone. We also got a free room upgrade and late checkout, which really added to the great experience we had at Crowne Plaza.

An excellent place to relax, watch the bird life and a good base from which to explore the area.
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

The pool was very cold: but we understand something had gone wrong with the heating system the hotel were waiting for a part to repair it.

The staff were exeptionally helpful and friendly. The gardens, beach and pool areas were delightful. The Terrace and Dolphin Bar provided great locations for eating. The pool size was good and the surrounding space very comfortable. We stayed just before Christmas and loved the effort the staff had made with Christmas decorations, from trees to snowmen to gingerbread houses.

A flying visit.
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Traffic driving across the beach. Buffet food was cold and no plate warmers. Pool heater broken.

Great position next to the beach with lovely gardens. Great staff always atentive and friendly.

I really enjoyed my stay
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Staff very helpful and smiling all the time. I was offered free airport shuttle both ways. I arrived at 5 am and was offered early checking free of charge The pool and beach are amazing. very relaxing atmosphere The receptionist contacted a tours guide for me when I inquired about what can be done. was a great tour and I thank her for the recommendation Very good buffet both breakfast and lunch

Awesome first time.

None.

All the staffs were very accommodating and very friendly. Special shout out to Michelle of GRO for being able to stretch the service thru extra mile. Definitely staying here again and very recommendable.

Superb

Overall view amd generosity

Ecellent and helpful staff though we had to rush before our schedule due to emergency. Thanks to Crown Plaza for not charging for ubalance days

Great, would consider Crowne Plaza if i was in Salalah again.
    • Three Bedroom Villa

We were disappointed that the bar was shut down for national holidays, when people are expected to travel and hit the outlets, but they still served us whatever we needed at the room. Perhaps they can consider keeping the outlets open even on holidays.

I went with 6 of my friends, we all stayed at the villa together, it was spacious, comfortable, clean. Staff came to clean it every day and room service were at our beck and call 24/7.

Good
    • Standard Room

The shuttle from airport to hotel and ippoist was so late to move specially from hotel we were dropped to airport just before boarding and there no time for even have a coffee

Toilet was so small and the amenities was not enough for two quests

Value hotel in a good location
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Easy hotel which offered comfortable if a little dated lodging. Beach was lovely. Walking distance to other restaurants in the area, especially the Anatara if you feel like splurging on your evening out.

So good ..we'll be back
    • Standard Room

No manicure or pedicure at the salon ...only massage...no cold water service on the beach ...but it wasn't a big problem...the plusses outweighed the minuses

Excellent service all round...great beach...pools...comfortable and spacious room...but above all the service from the hotel manager was superb. We waited quite a while for the shuttle at the airport and as an apology he upgraded our rooms to sea facing and was very helpful and attentive throughout our stay.

Very relaxing.
    • Standard Room

The reception said I couldn't add points to my Rewards Club Card, because I didn't book directly. Me and my wife came back home with back pain. We believe it was the mattress.

The green in the hotel.

It was nice and people there are friendly .

Rooms are bit old , signs to guide to the hotel position is bit tricky and misleading sometimes . Restaurant can use some upgrade on its tables.

Rooms was alright a bit old But Beds were comfy , The room was alright in general . Restaurant was nice and The barbecue was amazing next to beach . I strongly recommend to try the dinner there

A nice hotel (we stayed for only 1 night) but possibly...
    • Standard Room

A nice hotel (we stayed for only 1 night) but possibly looking a little tired around the edges. No complaints though, staff were friendly, accommodating and helpful.

the beds are bad, bed linen humid, front desk staff very...
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

the beds are bad, bed linen humid, front desk staff very unfriendly. the beach was closed, as a result of no life guard, which was not said before travel, although it is a beach resort, and advertised as one, and paid as a beach hotel/resort

Overall, a very nice resort for visitors to salalah
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

I requested for connecting rooms for my family but they could not accommodate when I checked in. However, they were able to provide the next day. Could not swim at the beach as the waves were too strong. Breakfast was OK except the bacon strip was to crispy.

The hotel provides valet parking. Staff was nice, friendly and helpful. No complain with the room. As the resort is not far from Salalah, it is quite conveniently located if you want to go to the east (Taqah/Wadi Darbat) or west (Mughsail Beach).

The staff was very helpful, nice and kind , i really enjoyed it there and definitely will go back
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

The location is excellent ,loved the pool its great for relaxing and it had perfect temperature, the restaurant near the beach ( Dolphin) was great in location and services, i really enjoyed the seafood night was delighted to find delicious sushi there

The hotel need maintenance as it's very old and at the...
    • Standard Room

The hotel need maintenance as it's very old and at the same time it's expensive!! and the way from the looby to some of the rooms which was given to me was very wrong that I have to walk from outside or across the restaurant!

We found this hotel totally overated and there are only few...
    • Standard Room

We found this hotel as absolutely overated. It's old and outdated and every single part of it needs renovation. There is a very strong mold and humidity smell in the rooms and especially bathrooms as they don't have proper ventilation. The mold could be seen around the bathtub and it was clear that the hotel solves the problem just puting a layer of silicon over it. The walls and windows aren't sound proof at all and we could hear our neighbours screaming until late at night. The staff in the restaurants (both Dolphin and Dharbat) was extremely slow. One of the days we had to wait almost two hours to get our order and when it finally was brought part of it was not even what we ordered. The pool and restaurants areas felt dirty and are not well maintained. The beach was closed during our all stay due to monsoon season. I believe hotel should inform about that while doing the booking. We left a personal item in the hotel after checkout. As we realised it still being in the airport we called hotel and asked if they could send it with a taxi (which we would pay). The answer was no. Then we asked it to be sent by post and we'd pay expensies. Again we were told strict no. Apparently the hotel keeps left things for 1 year in their Lost and found and only gives it back if you go back to pick it up personally (which results complicated if you live in another country).

We found this hotel totally overated and there are only few things I would mention as possitive. The hotel has a free shuttle bus to/from airport. The variety at the breakfast was quite good. Houskeeping staff was very friendly and did a great job (which I wouldn't say about the rest of the staff). The beach is beautiful but is closed half of the year due to monsoon seasons.

Love the beach 🌊 was perfect

The AC was not cold and I can't control it I can hear 👂 the room next to me so clearly I couldn't sleep well from the noise The food was 7 of 10

Love the beach 🌊 was perfect

I think the hotel has an excellent location but it may be better if it is demolished and rebuilt
    • Standard Room

I did not like the bathroom. It is very old style and not renovated and not comfortable and needs complete renovation.

I liked the location and the cleanliness.

Overall it was a good stay.
    • Standard Room

The bathroom door needs fixing or replacing as it could not shut. Check-in time took inconveniently too long.

The Wi-Fi connections were excellent throughout the hotel. Spacious pool area and surroundings. Breakfast was very good.

I won't do it again. This hotel should be a 3 stars maximum.
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

Value for money: the hotel is too expensive for what they offer. The night club they have shouldn't even be called night club. The pool bar was closed during my stay for no reason. The staff at the restaurants is not friendly and needs lot of training. One of the waiters pushed us to go and eat at a different restaurant saying it will take us 45 minutes to get your food here. You can smell the humidity inside the room.

Excellent breakfast. In general the food is very good at the hotel. Nice walk on the beach.

The best thing was the swimming pool, they have different...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The costly buffet at outdoor restaurant No much close restaurant around hotel and in Salalah for n general

The best thing was the swimming pool, they have different pools with differnt water depth suitable for all Another good thing was the amazing view of sea with coconut palms and green areas The breakfast was rich of varity

Great location!

The rooms were kind of outdated. It could use a remodeling. The health club also could be updated to be more luxurious.

The location was excellent and it was very kid friendly considering a splash zone, a slide, and a play ground. I bet the beach would have been nice but we came during fall season (July) so swimming wasn't allowed cause of the strong current. Also, the pool with the slide was cold and the jacuzzi wasn't working :-(

Fading Queen!
    • Standard Room

Rooms smelled of damp, bedsheets felt damp. A/C didn't take away the humidity in the room. We saw 3 rooms before we found one that we felt we could sleep in. The fridge didn't work and stank to high heaven. The hotel was dated and certainly not worth 5 stars - I would rate it a 3 star hotel. Breakfast was ok as long as you stuck to the fresh items (eg eggs, pancakes) the rest looked as though it had been sitting a while. Groups of men wandering around made my 14 year old very uncomfortable with their staring. The much advertised 3 par grass golf course was overgrown and unplayable. Rental clubs were dirty and in very poor condition. The beach was closed and at the same time, repairs were being made to the pool. We only saw other women there at meal times and yet were told the hotel was full.

The staff were amazing.
    • Standard Room

The property is very very old. They are not renovating it. I got surprised that its a 5 star hotel, looking at the property. It should be 3 star according to me.

The staff were amazing. I thank them for their well treatment.

Not a good hotel in Salalah
    • Standard Room

Although the hotel was empty they gave us a room on the ground floor with parking view! Pool never available as it was granted access to non hotel guests. We could not eat during the day as restaurants were closed.. hotel is very old and won't keep up with the new hotels being built in the surroundings. Room rate is way too high for what they offer.. this negative experience ruined my stay in Salalah

The location of the hotel is one of its best features;
    • Standard Room

The pool was noisy and full of kids doing swimming lessons, this is off-putting for hotel guests. There was no possibility to have food (even light snacks) and drinks poolside during the afternoon, and when we queried this, the staff gave us misleading information.

The location of the hotel is one of its best features; the food was simple yet very tasty.

Average Hotel
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

The hotel food was horrible. Expensive an tasteless. The In-dining service was not good

The location is nice. The rooms are big. The reception staff is nice

• Standard Room

Kindly note We made the reservation through Booking.com and the total reservation was kd 588 but in the checking out they changed kd 693. I would like to know why this additional cost please find attached the invoice

Our room in the Quiet Zone was comfortable and nice and...
    • Standard Room

The hotel is a bit dated and there is nothing (i.e. No restaurants or shops) outside the hotel within walking distance to go to during the day or evenings. Unfortunately, as it was the "Khareef" season (monsoon) the beach was closed for swimming which was a pity as the beach looked amazing.

Our room in the Quiet Zone was comfortable and nice and quiet. The airport shuttle was very convenient.

Location but!

No near pool services limited choices of restaurants house keeping needs improvement and bathrooms need renovation A/C needs replacements or fixing in 102

Location and friendly staff

Friendly staff

The furnitures are old and need to be changed

The staff were very friendly, the landscape was very nice and the swimming pool was very convenient for the kids

Very pleasant stay, likely to repeat
    • King Room with Sea View - Non-Smoking

There was a very slight feel of a dated building, especially evident in the health club and the golfing area, but the fab food and service more than made up.

Lovely setting, away from the city, friendly staff and clean premises. I loved the outdoor part of the restaurant, where you could watch the pool and the sea from an elevated view point. The lobby was a little dark and not overly-fancy in its decoration. The beach was wonderful for walks, but the waves were too wild and swimming was prohibited at the time of our visit (beginning of the Khareef season). Despite humidity outside, the rooms were very dry, cool and comfortable, and we enjoyed a wonderful sleep each night, better than at home! The 'quiet zone' was away from the pool and indeed quiet. There was a little water park for children with cool features, our daughter enjoyed a good half an hour there each day. Not far from the hotel was a fruit market where we bought small bananas that were exceedingly delicious, fresh and cheap. The hotel is situated pretty close to the airport, and equidistant from such attractions as the Marneef Cave and Khor Rori. It is very close to the Frankincense Museum and Al Badeel Archaeological site. We loved our stay, and a big thank you to the lovely staff who helped us find various destinations and made friends with our daughter. The free wifi was decent, and you had the option to pay for higher broadband speeds if you wished. I was also very pleasantly surprised that there was an option of low fat and sugar free foods, something you don't find everywhere! They even had freshly squeezed vegetable juices like beetroot, ginger etc.

Holiday with Family EID 2017
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

There could still be more shaded parking for the Guests cars. Most of the shaded parking were occupied by the rent a cars n hotel cars I believe.

The location of the property and the maintenance of the property is so good, I stayed in the same property 4 years ago, I can feel the same kind of freshness still. Food was excellent, hospitality was great to be shared, pool trainers were so friendly and caring.

Browse Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah traveller photo gallery