Reviews of Crowne Plaza Sohar 5 stars

P.O. Box 478, Falaj Al Qabail, 322 Sohar, Oman

#5 of 14 hotels in Sohar

• King Room Pool View - Non-Smoking

-AC was not good took them long to change the room. -breakfast no good -room service is a joke -staff not trained well

clean rooms, beautiful swimming pool, reasonable price.

• King Room Pool View - Non-Smoking

It was a pleasant stay. Staff was friendly from the front desk to the room service.. buffet for breakfast & dinner was good. all other facilities were kept clean and neat. (Gym, pool, sauna) Spots Bar was super and lively (oki Band 🙂) prices for food and beverage is average. (Nothing to complain) I recommend any one who needs a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere to come to this place.

• Deluxe Double Room

When I went to the restaurant, it was so busy with external guests for Iftar I couldn’t get a seat and as a result I had to go for a la carte. The choices on a la carte were poor and the burger I had was OK. To have a steak restaurant and be told the burger is processed meat, is slightly disappointing!

Loved how quiet the rooms were and the peaceful environment.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

On arrival with my own car the driveway was blocked by a unaccompanied car with running engine standing in the middle of the access. After several minutes I walked in and asked the free the access the driver came immediately and on arrival wait again several minutes and went in for the second time to see if my luggage could be offloaded.. Check in was fine, room was smelly as if it has been wet a typical smell, you get used to it but at start not nice. The bed is very hard. People are nice and friendly, restaurant is good

Room and bathroom are nice

• King Room Pool View - Non-Smoking

The property is tired and the room looked very well used. I had ants in the bedroom and toilet, no excuse for this.

It was close to where I needed to be and not in a busy area. The staff were friendly and accommodating, late check out was no problem. Beds firm and comfy.

• Deluxe Double Room

Seeming pool stuff are very good but one of the stuff didn't allow my 2 years old son to go room with swimming pool towel, because he was so could and all his clothes are wet from the swimming pool and I needed his help to keep the towel and I asked him that I will bring it back but he didn't allow me , I talked my son with wet clothes to room and he get sick because of that. We all respect the rules but some time we need help and take thing's in easy way.

Nice and clean. Helpful staff

nothing specific

Liked the biryani rice and the stake for lunch the burger we order with Halloumi cheese sandwich were very nice but to much frozen and unhealthy French fries

food - breakfast was pathetic and extremely poor for a 5* hotel and certainly worth the price. the room service as well as buffet was very bad, must be a serious issue with the chef!!

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The food variety was very little and hygiene at the restaurant was very poor. Bowling was chargeable.

Room was clean, swimming pool was nice,as well as the bowling, 8 ball pool, and ping pong was lots of fun.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere and close to a large road which causes some noise. Next time I will ask a room at the side or backside of the hotel.

Very nice hotel! Good restaurant and breakfast! Very nice rooms.

everything was perfect.

i liked how they met us , so kind. the decoration which i asked for was amazing . thanks for the lovely cake and delicious breakfast we had.

• Deluxe Double Room

1-The other staff at the reception where not friendly I was late my mom was at lobby they asked her to leave the lobby and take a room althoght she stayed at the lobby for 2 hours I nly waiting for me to arrive 2- i found a bugs in the bed which bitten me the whole night , all my body was swallen 3- there was insects at the bathroom 4- no one from the management of the hotel contacted me except Mr Deebak

Mr Deebak ( reception manager) who was really trying his best to make the stay comfortable and meet our expactation

• Deluxe Double Room

The bar closes between 3pm and 6pm. This was a shock as many bars in Muscat are open during this window - so the response of 'this is the law' wasn't factually correct. I understand that opening a bar is costly - but not being able to get a beer after a long drive was a little annoying.

Great to relax away from Muscat. Great service - reasonably priced. The food choices were good, and the hotel is spotlessly clean. It is always nice to go back here. Will certainly visit again sometime soon.

• King Room Pool View - Non-Smoking

Valet parking - No one was there when we arrived. Reception staff arranged to park the car soon after.

Juices served were fresh and the quality of fruits also was good. Bakery items for the break-fast was good and fresh. In general the break-fast variety was good with selection. Staff were courteous and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Need to care of outside setting area and remove Alcoholic beverages from room fridge. Need to upgrade TV screen and TV entertainment.

Breakfast, staff, parking and atmosphere

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The location far from services and I request from hotel from basic romantic set up and they told that they will provide me a cake for 2 adults but after I check in at hotel until check out still the hotel didn’t provide the cake for us

The hotel facilities and entertainment and room was nice

• Deluxe Double Room

My wife, child and I went swimming -then a big group of about 40 men (assuming on a day-trip) arrived and started taking photo's at the pool. My wife felt too exposed to get into the pool since there was no privacy left. Pool attendant did not intervene. Pillows hurt my neck - too big for comfort. Safe mechanism didn't work - no power? No plug next to my side of the bed which is odd (wife had a plug on her side). The small balcony were inviting until we saw the bird droppings on the balcony floor.

Accommodated our special requests at "The restaurant" for a seafood platter even when it wasn't on the menu for the night. Friendly staff. Beautiful decor. Has a nice baby travel cot/crib.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Property is old and their carpet is not clean. Upon request I have asked them to show more rooms which they did and I found the similar carpet in every room.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. The help me finding nearby restaurant and give very good recommendations.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

All staff were polite and welcoming. They met all our needs and guided us in every step. We had a short two day stay at Crowne Plaza and it certainly is a place we will return to.

• Deluxe Double Room

Our main reason for staying here is the excellent location. During the flash floods that we were caught in enroute Hatta via Muscat on 16/12/2017, this hotel provided us with a safe zone to spend the night in. The hotel is on high ground and away from the sea/ coastal road and wadis. Even though it was raining intermittently for 4 days, the hotel stayed dry and flood-free. As much as we appreciate the comfortable beds, bright and clean rooms, it was the staff who made our stay especially welcoming. They are locals and so could empathize with our plight and gave us good tips in driving across the flooded wadis. I am most grateful to the person manning the reception (I wish I had his name) as he gave us the best possible advise ie to stay clear of the coastal road. He even drew us a map of the internal mountain road leading towards Buraimi, entering UAE via Al Ain (instead of Hatta). I am happy to discover this alternative route which we will take again & if we do so, we plan to stay at Crowne Plaza Sohar for our next trip.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is not well signposted off the Sohar-Barami road. Instructions should inform guests that you must be on the service road.

WiFi in room was fast and free.

• Deluxe Double Room

-Breakfast buffet had very limited options for a 5 star hotel. This is what I would expect from a 3 stars place! -Location is very poor away from everything and a good 40km to the city.

-Staff are helpful and friendly -Rooms are spacious and very clean -Heated pool -Quiet place good for relaxing -All rooms have a gr8 view -All rooms have balconies

• King Room Pool View - Non-Smoking

Inacurate description. Its not a 5 star hotel as they make it out to be. Barely scrapes 3 stars. I had a mattress with a big dip in it and reported it on the first night. Despite this no one camp to resolve my issue and I ended up sleeping on it. The next morning I reported it again to a different front service manager, Roman/ Rowan (i think) he was very understanding but still no one came to change it. that same night I reported it to the same front office manager from the 1st day, an Egyptian guy. Only then was it changed. I don't expect that from a 5 star hotel. The valet parking was none functional, no one came to assist us with bags when we arrived they just stood looking at us until I had to go in and ask if someone could help. The steak house restaurant had decent food but only one waitress. so the waits between meals and drinks were very long.

I liked the pricing. Its fairly priced.

parking service not fast

the size of the room is good, very quiet area, good for a small and large family available child crib with no extra charge is great

• Deluxe Double Room

Room and services and cleaning of the common parts and amenties in the room are not at the 5 stars level you should expect from a Crowne Plaza hotel. Even the slippers were not able in the room. I sorry to say that from this kind of Hotels i always expect the perfection.

Swimming pool area, terrace and the choise of restaurant are the most valuable things in this hotel. breakfast in the terrace is wonderful and food, quality, variety at the breakfast are perfect! I liked also the hall, big and very luxury.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This is our 1st time to booked in the property and i would say its a best experienced for everybody. We will surely comeback in this place.. But above all i would like to say thank you to their filipino receptionist for being approachable and helpful to their clients..

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in a business region rather than being a beach resort. As long as you know what you are getting, you will have a great time

Very modern, exceptionally clean and well maintained and an absolute surprise to be honest. Value for money is outstanding.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really much...if the tv channels had more of hindi channels...and we had gone to enjoy the stay...not to watch tele...

It was a pleasure to stay in this hotel...sparking clean, comfortable sofas & bed. I would say that the staff in Crowne Plaza are quite a lot. They are always smiling and courteous. Need any help...just talk to them, it will be done. My kids enjoyed the stay. The place is very quite and far from the maddening buzz of the city. I would recommend this place to all.

Far from city

Room is clean, with comfortable beds. Hotel is quiet as it is in the middle of desert. Breakfast was good and all were delicious. Can not say about facilities as our stay was very short.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

rode staff, in the first day it was fire alarm test it take more than 45 minutes alarm ringing, second night could not sleep because of the pool party after I complained the receptionist wait until tomorrow to solve your problem!!!

the facility, available games

• Deluxe Double Room

The price of what u will pay in the receipt upon ordering alcohol is not the same on the menu, please let the guest be informed about it by writing in the menu all the taxes that they needed to pay.

Cleanliness and promptness of the staff...

• Deluxe Double Room

the location is reall close to the port wher i needed to go every morning, but there is no nice view at all around the hotel, so dont bother booking rooms with pool view, it is just point less.

realy nice and comfort hotel, i would say simplly it is the best in the area

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that the price on booking.com was 115 RO when I had to pay in the hotel it shot up to 142 which was a big disappointment to be honest !!!

Hospitality Clean Comfortable bed Nice place to relax

• Deluxe Double Room

Far from main city of Sohar Reception man not answering many time my call

The room size & design Bed comfort Light style Hotel inside decoration Wander Swimming pool

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast serving staff were rude and not bothered(seems they dont belong to hospitality industry at all) to refill the breakfast eventhough they were still open for more 40mins. Although their manager was humble and when he realised started refilling the breakfast himself. Swimming pool needs to be temperature controlled.

Its very calm and relaxing property. Has larger variety of games and activities than other similar properties.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Early check out, compare to Radisson Blu Sohar, they allowed as to check out until 4pm even though that in the booking check out is 12:00. Though its not bad as its in the hotel policy...

I like the facilities of the hotel specially the swimming pool and bowling alley...

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Despite being told at check-in that the check out has been extended to 2 p.m., they kept calling and asking when we are checking out which was not convenient.

It's very peaceful & quiet

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast variety (options) need to increase or should target accordingly to the flow of guests getting in more.

The ambiance was very nice, very friendly & helpful staff.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The furnitures are very old.. there is carpet at the room which is also very dirty.. the breakfast menu is very very limited with no verity at all.

The check in and check out were very fast.. the staff are very friendly and helpful

Toiletries were not given till we asked for them ,maybe because it was full.

Staff were friendly , enough parkings were available although it was a Eid holiday and hotel rooms were fully booked.This is our second time staying in this hotel . And my kids enjoyed playing bowling, swimming pools.

Liquor in play area

All facilities are excellent just we can request you pls dont allow any liquor in play area. In our visit we were not comfortable with our family in play area. Rgds Zia

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Understaffed hotel. No facilities. Or not updated. In my opinion it needs a new management as it has promising features but it is not well used.

The setup was good.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The location, in the middle of nowhere.

The hotel and the facilities are amazing. It is always a pleasure to stay in this hotel. And this time, due to the period, the rate was even better.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

we were placed right next door to a family with a number of small children and heard them yelling and screaming all night it's not the childrens' fault, but the hotel was not full at all so I don't know why we were placed right next door, plus the sound through the connecting door is .. the same as if you are in the same room

great value for money to break up a long journey breakfast was good

• Deluxe Double Room

unable to sleep. not provided good room as booked through booking.com . they advised to book directly. also not credit my points in IHG. hotel doing some renovation.

wifi

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Clean stuff knocking door early morning 08 30 to clean the room, and the private signal was on, also they enter to the room after knocking with out permission.

Facility was incredible, restaurant cuisines was brilliant soo tasty, To sum up We get the feeling of 5 star hospitality. Iam Highly recommend you to try!

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Service a bit slow and not very proactive but a good property overall. Quite an isolated location if you want to go outside to eat or drink but well located for SIE.

Good rooms and beds. Decent restaurant and bar.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Having stayed at this property several times earlier more than three years ago it is clear to me that the overall quality of the place is declining. Understaffing, poor maintenance etc. clearly there was a change in the general management of the place .

• Deluxe Double Room

A bit far from the main city attraction (but for some that is an advantage)

Room is nice and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Swimming pools (once for babies) are good and with some sun shades. Lobby is big and decorative. Bowling center is nice but expensive (5 OMR per 30 mins)

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

1. The fridge was stinking. Later found that there was something rotting in the fridge 2. nothing kept in the fridge was cooling 3. Hair dryer was broken 4. The master switch for the bedroom light was well hidden behind the phone that I spent quite some time searching for it

The breakfast was really good. Would prefer it to be 6:00 AM Oman time rather than 6:30

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

the bathroom sink did not have the pop-up (sink water stopper), it was missing. Bathroom door color was fading and frame started to break. Room did not have an iron but it was brought very quickly for me.

At the Breakfast, the waitress helped us to an extent that I was thinking that I had a private butler for me. At the swimming pool, the instructor gave me a free swimming lesson This is my 4th time staying at this hotel and I will probably stay again if I am in the area

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The place is in an industrial waste land so the view is terrible. It was absolutely deserted as well. I literally saw two other guests the whole weekend. The party is over - someone turn off the lights.

It's a nice enough hotel but quite out of date. Probably 15 to 20 years old and it feels it. If you are working nearby and need somewhere to crash fir a few nights fine - otherwise stay away.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Location is a bit away from the Sohar downtown.

The building is new. Its very clean. Room size is very nice. Very clean. Comfy beds. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

roll out bed was a little worn, but really comfortable.

the design of the rooms and the interior of the hotel was perfect. the grounds around the hotel were 100% perfect

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Less choice of local food but good in quality. Loud aircondition outside the room.

Very nice stuff and pool. New hotel. If you want you can use the bowling alley.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast: lots of choices (which is good) but quality was average

Welcoming staff, fast check-in, nice room with swimming pool view, well equipped bathroom, good location of the building for a night stop

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

It's quite pricey but in Sohar there is nothing in between basic and top end so you pays your money and takes your choice. They have dropped the diablo burger off the menu which was a class burger

Very quiet rooms, excellent sports bar with some quality food. The bangers and mash being particularly nice. The Columbian band is entertaining in that special way that ME trios uniquely are

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi internet isn't okay it has been disconnected so many times, but it's speed was fair when connected, Limited number of available tv channels

The room was clean and comfortable, the swimming pool was nice, the location is perfect for leisure Room service was okay and the front desk staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Very well maintained hotel, close to the high way, staff are very friendly and the say was excellent. The breakfast was good and this is the best place to stay for a business traveler in Sohar.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Terrace is really simple, only swimming pool Resturant is very expensive BF not included

Room was very nice & spaceous Great wifi Smiling & helpful staff Car Parking

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

stuff asked me for deposit of 250 euro, after staying one night they charged me extra for night and even if they told, did not return deposit !!! I called them many times and they did nothing to return money !!!! TAKE CARE FROUD !!!!

after this nothing !!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

the room was very close to outdoor AC chillers machines , and noise was the whole night .

• King Room Pool View - Non-Smoking

The room and staff were good..And room Service is good and fast.

• Deluxe Double Room

It wasn’t clean and there was a bad smell on the pillows

The staff were so friendly

Not good, not bad!

• Deluxe Double Room

there was an event and it was too noisy up until almost midnight. rooms were not soundproof.

the big swimming pool and the cleanliness

Very good hotel

Cost for food

Room and facilities

• Deluxe Double Room

Noise and pathroom no hot water

Balcony

Breakfast was excellent

bed isnt comfortable

Its good

• Deluxe Double Room

Very good Hotel. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There are bowling and a lot of entertainment facilities

Good facilities but serve tour self

• Deluxe Double Room

I really liked the late checkout!

Browse Crowne Plaza Sohar traveller photo gallery