Reviews of Golden Tulip Seeb Muscat 4 stars

Way 912 Exhibition Street, P.O. Box 69, 111 Muscat, Oman

#79 of 103 hotels in Muscat

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We are very disappointed during our stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We are very disappointed during our stay! Specially with the staff! While we are sleeping in the afternoon around 3am the hotel staff was trying to open our door! But it was double lock from inside so he can’t open it. When i check out in the door and ask him why he was opening the door he said he doesn’t know that somebody is inside! Directly i call the reception and tell them what happened but unfortunately they just told me that he will check. We go back to sleep and again there are some loud noises coming from the ceiling like hammering the ceiling! Again i called the reception and inform them and they replied me again that they will check! After that we couldn’t sleep anymore and we decided to go outside! Until we check out I didn’t get any reply or any action from the hotel about the incident! When we check in they also hold the money from my card triple the amount that I supposed to pay them during my stay. They told me that they will return it after check out! But when we check out they already forget about it and when i remember we were already inside the car leaving the hotel and we go back again and ask them about our change and gave them the invoice from the check in. They told us that the change will be back to my account after 2 weeks! This hotel is impossible! We will not stay again here! I am very disappointed for everything! They had a very very Bad service! I will never recommend this hotel to my friends at all!!!

The staff were generally pleasant and efficient.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The plastic spoons used for the coffee cups. One melted when I put it into the coffee that I made.

The housekeeping standard was good. The staff were timely and did a very good job.

Over rated hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is considered as a 4 star facility with close distance to the airport which means perfect for business people, however Internet connection is the worst! room isn't wifi covered and even in wifi areas I couldn't get my emails and had to roam with local GSM networks then use mobile hotspot!!

Room is ok, location is good since it is close to the airport. Breakfast is fair but not the best indeed.

In general the hotel was really amazing & clean , It...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In general the hotel was really amazing & clean , It worth for try to stay in for celebrate for any aniversery , The staff khalil & Ishrat at the reciption were really helpful & kind by dealing with the customers in the best way ... Thanks for the lovely staying

Great option for the airport!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast and dinner is expensive. Room service a good alternative.

We've used the Golden Tulip, Seeb as our 'airport hotel' for the past two and a half years. It has never disappointed. The service is great and the staff helpful. Great drop-off and pick-up airport service.

Stinky, very bad
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The accessibility is very bad. The pillows and blankets were stinky. Too much noise.

I tried too find one good thing, but unfortunately nothing to mentioned. With some softeners I can say the hotel facilities is o.k.

Nothing to mention.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They were not ready to provide the genius benefits as offered in the booking . For instance, the complementary airport shuttle was there in the booking, but not provided. And for 10 minutes drive to airport the charge was 8 omani riyal ( USD22,for Toyota Innova), which even IHG hotels don’t charge with their BMW.

Nothing to mention.

Very convenient for a stopover, as very close to the airport...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was supposed to be closed until May 16th (how it was written on booking), but in the end the delayed it by 10 days so in the end no swimming pool, not a good value for money since anything additional (breakfast, lunch, dinner) is charged separately, no possibility to get a refund if you change your mind on staying there.

Very convenient for a stopover, as very close to the airport, free drop off to airport (but not free pick up)

The free bus service is the airport is useful now that the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very dated and looks very much in need of renovating throughout.

The free bus service is the airport is useful now that the passenger terminal has relocated

It was a nice experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to or leaving Muscat.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool was closed for maintenance.

The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful, the room service swift and the food excellent. The room was spacious and clean with a food platter to welcome the guest (nice surprise!). Overall, great experience.

Convenient airport location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The gym was a little limited and I was disappointed that there were not separate steam and sauna for the genders. Hours for ladies only was limited to the morning, which was not when I needed it.

This was the perfect choice for a transit in Muscat. The airport shuttle was very convenient and worked even for my early morning flight out. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. A welcome treat was delivered upon welcome and that was a nice touch. The wifi was excellent and the service by all the staff was thorough and professional. I enjoyed the lunch at the restaurant - quality and good service. They also offered a shuttle service to the nearby mall in the evening which I took advantage of.

Comfortable bed and good swimming pool;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very old, the furniture and bathroom looks accordingly; the staff was not friendly and welcoming; minibar is available with the deposit of Ro 70; no bathrobes in the room; someone from the staff woke us up in the morning with "report checking". Stay over there was absolutely not worth the money we've paid.

Comfortable bed and good swimming pool; the atmosphere and decorations in the restaurant is nice; room service is fast.

A Choice That I Regret!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are now old and outdated. Earlier it was a decent choice as the exhibition centre was next door but now that has moved to Ghala as well. So practically the hotel in in the middle of nowhere. Same breakfast everyday with maybe 1 dish changed everyday. Smelly interiors... mostly of smoke. My room had a leakage in the fridge the first day and then TV had to be replaced in 3rd day. The worst part was the room service guys just entered the room on the last day without even knocking. Thats the least you would expect.

The swimming pool is large and lovely, as is the whole pool...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool is large and lovely, as is the whole pool area. The hotel is just 15 minutes' drive to the new int airport. The breakfast and dinner buffets are excellent and the restaurant has a lovely garden area. I liked the fact that the rooms had balconies. Staff was very helpful.

Would only stay here again if cheaper than other hotels of a similar standard.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The loud party with loud speakers and announcements held outside at the back of the hotel that went on until 1:00 a.m. No advance notice of this from the hotel and impossible to sleep until it finally finished. Very unimpressed!!

Attentive staff, good facilities and a fair price.

Awesome <3
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff are awesome. Stay for one night and everything went smoothly they also offer FREE shuttle service to and from the airport. Overall I will recommend this place.

Ok for overnight stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff at breakfast was not helpful. I was waiting for some good five minutes for someone to help me while staff was making it look they didn’t notice me

Close to airport and free airport shuttle

Nice hotel for a business or transfer stay close to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I knew the hotel, so no specific remarks.

Nice hotel, close to the airport. Good restaurant, good breakfast, only remark is that the rooms could do with some renovation and modernisation.

Lovely hotel but not ideal if you just need an in transit stop over.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a bit too far and you need a Visa to leave the airport. Not ideal if you just need an in transit hotel.

Very nice hotel with a great outdoor pool. Breakfast was varied and very good indeed. Room was clean and comfortable. Airport pickup at 1am was also very handy. Staff were friendly and courteous unlike a fellow guest who was staying there at the time! Day trips to Muscat city were available but I did not have time to take advantage.

Good hotel with amazing staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hot water wasn't all that hot and the hotel is a bit dated but comfortable non the less

The staff were very good and accommodating, there is a bus that takes you to the mall at 5pm and back at 8pm which is very useful. They offer free pickup and drop to the airport which is very good given the stratospheric prices of the taxis. Better to rent a car at the airport and get an international driving license. You drive on the right here They also provided wifi for my 4 devices which was great.

For the price that I paid, this hotel does not deliver.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. Carpets are falling apart, rooms smell, etc. The sheets and towels were clean but that's not enough when you pay over $90/night.

The hotel had good food. It is situated next to the airport so it is convenient when you have night flights.

Nice hotel very friendly staff😀
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My only criticism is that the rooms are slightly dated but aware a upgrade and refurbishment will take place soon. Otherwise a great stay as usual.

Very close to airport, friendly staff. Excellent nights in roof top bar.

This would be my first and last stay in this Hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathroom size even in a Deluxe Room was too small. And the room is just like a 3 star hotel. It doesn't seem to be 4Star no way.

The breakfast was good.

fair price with service but little lack of facility quality
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bed is relatively old, noise from outside comes to the room. facility is old Breakfast has continental style but nothing special.

The clerk at front desk was professionally deal with customers. late check-out was generously given to most of guests. this is important when we stay near by airport. the best was Free shuttle to the airport but it runs every o'clock.

I liked the gym which I found to be well equipped and quite...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was pretty worn off and even with closed door I could stil hear the never ending music in the aisles and public areas. - As it seems I didn't tip room service well enough so I got a wake up call at 06:09 am the next day by surprise.

I liked the gym which I found to be well equipped and quite big. Also, the location is excellent since it is pretty close to the airport.

Service is good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They don’t have classic musli nor brown corn flakes for breakfast.

Service is good. Gym and steambath are ok. I liked variety of TV channels. Good roof top bar

Excellent friendly hotel with great services and location to the main airport for onward travel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. The security services for my vehicle were very professional. The breakfast was excellent. I will choose this hotel for all of my travelling stays in the future. Thank You.

Friendly staff and handy for the airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We spent our last night in Oman in this hotel as we were catching an early flight. It is only 5 minutes from the airport and has a free shuttle. Very friendly staff and reasonably priced food in the restaurant. Excellent breakfast too.

perfect stay for a long airport transit
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was a little bit old looking and strong cigarette smell.

Traveling alone with a toddler with a long 20hr transit-this was perfect as they offer free shuttle bus and my son could swim, stretch, eat, run around, play and sleep. The room has a king size bed and sofa on the side. Very large room. Very close to the airport and free shuttle makes it super convenient for transit. Room service was excellent, we ordered food to the room.

Amazing place, the sense of customer understanding and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the single chairs in the room are not comfortable.

Amazing place, the sense of customer understanding and service is great Mr. Salem definitely enlightens your stay every time.

Clean rooms, loved the swimming pool area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bad door staff at the roof top bar , the security man named ali has no respect to guests at all , treats in house guests with discrimination of race and age. Such a good brand deserves good trained staff with respect!!!!!!!!

Clean rooms, loved the swimming pool area

Nice place to stay, but Omani visas make it expensive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, the Oman Visas have quadruplued in price, so that staying overnight now cost £40 each for a visa. We will have to add this into the cost of the room in future.

Very comfortable rooms and a good buffet breakfast.

good location, friendly staff, good breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the toilet and bathroom were antiquated and in desperate need of upgrading

the breakfast was rich enough with lots of choices....the staff were typically friendly and generous omani folks

Basic!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dated rooms, balcony door didn’t close properly and there were cigarette buts on the balcony!

Friendly staff, nice Christmas atmosphere on entering the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

very close to the airport;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to wait over 20minutes before my transfer to the hotel; I did not like to wait for other 4 guests to arrive (without being told ..); when the car arrived; there was not enough space since the driver only expected me and not 5 guests.

very close to the airport; only 5 minutes drive

Its adequate for my needs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The buffet breakfast needs variety. Same stuff all the time...the fruit was awful.

The proximity to the airport, the free airport shuttle and clean rooms.

Fantastic value for money especially night buffets, great friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent friendly staff, easy check in and out fantastic buffet on Wednesday and Thursday nights. Great bar on the 4th floor, friendly staff and customers. Very comfortable bed. Great value for money.

A good clean hotel for an overnight stay for an airport run.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The check in took a long time, and the courtesy shuttle to the airport only leaves every hour. So if you need to be at the airport at 3 you need to leave at 2 for a trip that literally takes 5 mins.

The convenience of it being so close to the airport for early morning flights.

The lunch was perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The furnature should be cleaner, the sofa was dirty. Check out took more thann 30 minutes though only 3 customers were at the reception desk.

The lunch was perfect.

Everything is fine except getting checked in, even after haven given all details thorough internet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bureaucracy. Checking in is an extremely bureaucrating action in these hotel. Things they should know from the booking they check over and over again. And they verify three times things that should be sure from the first time. Much official administrations all over the world work a lot more clientfriendly and efficient than Golden Tulip Seeb.

The breakfast was quite good in Golden Tulip Seeb

Ok but the location is far from the supermarket. Taxi fare can be very expensive
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast diversity is good but they should change some of those served e.g. different types of fruits, noodles and fried rice and different types of pastry. Been having the same breakfast for 5 days can be boring. The taxi fare is expensive.

The staff are very helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

bedsheets pillows blankets glasses cups were stinking like hell super over valued place hasnt been renovated since ages doesnt worth even 1 star horrible place

Its close to Rusayl Industrial Area, Airport, Muscat City...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked 2 rooms, in one of the room complimentary fruits were kept and in the other room they were not.

Its close to Rusayl Industrial Area, Airport, Muscat City Center etc..

Plenty of much better options in Muscat
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check in took 40mins - nobody else there, told to sit and wait Check out took 25mins- nobody else checking out Room decor very tired musty smell in room just a plastic table on balcony, no chairs Food in bar upstairs cheap quality and staff not knowledgeable

Nice clean hotel;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice clean hotel; we only needed a bed for the night as we were travelling around. It was good value and the free airport transfer was handy. The buffet dinner was basic but tasty - and nice to see some local Omani dishes too!

Very quiet place, cleaned room with king size bed and free...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very quiet place, cleaned room with king size bed and free wi-fi. Good breakfast with many local and international dishes. very nice restaurant on the roof.

Very Rude behaviour from front office. They committed a airport drop at 5am which did not do in time
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception incharge was rude, we were about to miss our flight because of commitment fail of airport drop. Very rude behaviour from reception boys and hotel incharge

I have stayed at this property earlier. I wish the second experience was as good as the first one.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had made repeated requests for early check-in and airport shuttle. However, after I landed at Muscat airport, there was no executive from the hotel to pick me up. Finally through airport authorities, I found an executive of Golden Tulip who had come to pick up some other guests and I requested him to arrange for a drop to the hotel. Secondly, the reception staff had no clue about my early check-in request and didn't promise to give me a room before my meetings began. Finally, I told them I would like to know if they can offer a room or else I would prefer to checkin into other hotel so I can get ready for my meetings.

nice cheap stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

staff were rude for no reason the 1st day upon check in . 2nd day were very nice when i asked for a late checkout

bed was comfy. location very close to the airport.

Not good at all.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like at all. The hotel is very old and the door omg it's like our old house since year 60's it's not safe at all. The reception is not that friendly and accommodating. It seems that they didn't care to their guest at all. They should hire someone who is friendly and able to give smile especially for the guest who is checking in at late night. The service is really really poor!

Didn't like at all...

Over all my stay is excellent but food items should be more.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In breakfast, lunch and dinner Indian type more food is not available. Drinking water is not free of cost for lunch and dinner. The drinking water should be provide free cost for lunch and dinner.

Room facility is excellent

Great, friendly hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The omelette man in the breakfast buffet needs to smile and stop leaning against the partition. It wont fall is he walks away!!!!

The rooftop bar is the best TV football location in Muscat. Great restaurant staff and the pizza fruit de mer is the brilliant especially with the new softer crust introduced last Wednesday.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Clean quite rooms
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They withdraw money from my mastercard more than value of the room, in case any thing was missing to be returned back later, which i didn't like

Clean quite rooms

A pleasant stay and the breakfast was enjoyable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi was not effective when I had to send a mail with a large attachment. The Business centre was also not available. The staff at the restaurant could have been a little more friendly.

The service when I checked in at reception was good. The furnishing of the room and the housekeeping. Also I am happy to have an iron in the room.

DO NOT GO THERE

THE ROOM WAS VERY SMELLY AND THE INTERNET WAS VERY POOR

THE ROOM IS VERY SMELLY. THE INTERNET IS VERY POOR. HOTEL IS IN ISOLATED AREA AND NOTHING ACCESSIBLE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE. HOTEL RESTAURANT IS EXPENSIVE

Perfect to relax before a flight
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- the breakfast is great (large choice) - comfortable room, bed is perfect - amazing staff, very helpful - free shuttle from the hotel to the airport - perfect location for early or late flight, 5-10 mins by car from the airport

Comfortable with all the essentials

Bathroom rather small

Three cosy bar areas all of which served good food and retail outlet close to reception therefore no need to venture out if only staying the one night

Handy hotel near airport. Good rooms and good food.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wait for the printing of the bill upon leaving the restaurant each time. Why not just sign and go quickly. If there are a few people leaving at the same time can prove a bit of a wait when all you want to do is go to your room.

Close to airport. Comfortable clean rooms and nice food in the restaurant. Nice gym facilities.

Average at best
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Airconditioner in room very noisy and kept waking us when it started up. Noisy when it was running. TV picture was distorted on some channels and a poor picture on most.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

Terribly unprofessional people in a terrible property
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the staff "Das" who went to Airport to receive me, was absolutely impolite and didn't know how to welcome customers. The chef behaved like a racist. He served an European customer before me even though I placed an order in the restaurant before that customer. He kept me waiting for quite a while and while I was ordering for an omelette, there was unprofessional tone in showing me his expertise. I would definitely not give it a second go and would definitely not encourage people to have a stay. The AC in the room was malfunctioning.

Nothing practically

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

very convenient in the matter that it is very close to the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Status of shower: old and broken piping. Very nosy air-conditioning system. Very poor internet connection in the rooms.

very convenient in the matter that it is very close to the airport.

Short layover
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Needs refurbishing, A/C is not working well especially in common areas. Rooms very old, carpet to be replaced, not pleasant smell. Old style TV, no clock available in the room.

Restaurant, breakfast and Iftar were good. Just a little overpriced in my opinion.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

great convenient hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Taxi service is too expensive fro distances involved Restaurant Service at times slow and variable in attitude. Check in can be slow and cumbersome!

Nice relaxed atmosphere

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

This is my second time here.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This is my second time here. Location is OK for my needs as closed to the airport (I arrived 1 AM and received me with a smile). I could have then a drink at the pub at the forth floor. I left it in the morning.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Meh
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

These are guidelines I would like to suggest for improving any future stays for anyone. There was no furniture in the balcony - didn't see the point of having one? I wasn't provided any toothpaste initially - i had to call housekeeping to ask. The main entrance sliding doors need to be changed - the doors opened as I exited but as I walked out the sensors must have not realised i was there and the door closed and bumped my head which really annoyed me. The lady at the reception lacked customer service - not sure if she had a bad day but she was not as welcoming as I had expected a 4 Star Hotel to have. Steam room was not working and on the way their from the gym onwards there was an unpleasant smell in the atmosphere. There was no milk in the room - for English guests who have tea - this is a must. The duvet is way too thick - for a hot country i don't know why you have this?

It did the job in the end.

Good for Business Travelers
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast here is something you wouldn't expect from a four star hotel. I heard from locals that the restaurant is also very famous for its high quality sea foods. However I was too busy to test it. Room was generally in good condition and clean. Staff are friendly and usually fast even though the reception lady clearly didn't know what she was doing and was very slow. I strongly recommend this hotel for business travelers, because it is closed to airport and government centers like Manpower, Police, ... Also the room sizes are good compared to same level hotels which is always an important factor for me. But the hotel is a bit old and needs renovation which is not very important especially if you not going to spend much time in your room.

Short stay Muscat
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff at reception are a little slow, but it is to be expected with volumes of tourists/visitors at this time of year. Hotel rooms are a little dated- they could use a little update. Otherwise, everything is clean and comfortable.

It is conveniently located near the airport, but unfortunately not much else. I stayed in the city close to the attractions at the beginning of my stay and came to Golden Tulip on my last night in Muscat (to catch an early flight the next day). Breakfast is good and was included. There is a good fitness centre/pool to unwind and also a shuttle to a mall.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

An ideal location to meet all your needs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is looking a little tired inside. Few if any towels were made available for the swimming pool.

Everything clearly marked in Arabic and English. English speaking staff, polite, courteous and helpful. The rooms were clean and fittings and fixtures all work. A nice, and reasonably priced restaurant and bar on the 4th floor. The swimming pool clean and warm. A 5 minute drive to the airport, 20 minutes to old Muscat and the Rusayl Industrial estate.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Hot and dry in Oman
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Far from town, breakfast is 15 rials which is a way overboard for what you get at the buffet. Even the Sheraton buffet is cheaper.

Close to the airport with a free shuttle services.

Good hotel for a few days in Muscat
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was planning to have a facial and some other treatments in the spa but only massage available.

The food was excellent. Good choice of food on buffet table and lunchtime snacks very good value. Umm Ali the best I have ever tasted. Staff very friendly and helpful. The courtesy bus from and to airport and mall.

A fair and comfortable stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

a) The staff at the restaurant could have been more observant as they kept clearing my table when I went for a refill and before I finished my meal. b) The Airport shuttle could have been more punctual in sending me to the Airport.

Breakfast was quite good with good variety

Friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was a bit too small a needed an upgrade.

Friendly staff. Comfortable and well furnished room. Convenient location close to airport and free hourly transfer. Nice small swimming pool on the roof. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Poor exprerience and poor quality
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor and unclean hotel. Horrible toilets and hygiene. Property is old and worn down. Internet was extremely slow. Absolutely not worth the money spent.

Proximity to Muscat airport

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

It's convenient for the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool closes early (20:00, so no chance for an evening swim). The room smelled stale.

It's convenient for the airport. The reception staff are helpful. The breakfast is OK. There is plenty of car parking.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

location is good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

tv is to old, barely can watch it. ventilation is an issue, seems like on of the neighbors was smoking at the room all the time and all the smell was coming to my room,which was so bad

location is good