Reviews of Park Inn by Radisson Muscat 4 stars

Sultan Qaboos Street, 113 Muscat, Oman

#33 of 85 hotels in Muscat

very good , more than value for money

i thing what ever i was looking it was there

it was closed to the meeting place so we did not waste time in travelling and traffic. also it was value for money. every thing was nice

Nice clean hotel with good location and access, and pleasant staff

Breakfast was only a fixed price buffet. As I don’t eat much for breakfast it was too expensive. Suggest they have a’ la cart menu also available. Air conditioning was a little noisy and I switched off at night

The location is very good with a Shopping mall close by (walk distance) and easy access to motorway. Room was good size and clean and quiet Rooftop bar was nice place to relax at the end of the day Service staff was helpful Parking was good

Rooftop bar team ware great staff

Reception staff added other customer bill to my account & extra room charges for the last two days but front office manager has solved the issue, smile of air conditioning in the hotel and the room were not good.

Rooftop bar team ware great staff

OK hotel let down by grubby in room furniture and poor WiFi

WiFi wasn't good enough - couldn't even stream from YouTube. Furniture in room was really grubby.

Decent size rooms, nice rooftop pool, good shower in my room.

Spacious room, great choice of breakfast.

I asked for a non-smoking room, butI smelled cigarette immediately when coming into room. Not fresh, but the smell was there. I had a window facing the big road and not sure what’s with the window, but all the street noise came in just as the window was open. But it wasn’t. The reception made me waste quite some time and energy for all the hassle. I had room only booked, but I asked at the check in to add breakfast and put it into room bill. Just like the airport pickup. That then I pay all at the checkout. The next morning the reception said all was in order when I checked out, paid the bill and went to have breakfast. After breakfast, when I was about to leave the hotel, the restaurant guy ran to reception and to me asking how I pay for breakfast. Apparently I had only been asked to pay for transfer even though I asked for one bill for everything. So I had three transactions for one simple one-night stay :/

Spacious room, great choice of breakfast. Nice smell throughout the hotel (except my room)

Excellent for business people and mall and many restaurants by walking distance. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I recommend to stay here only. Whenever I come to Oman I will stay in park inn by redisson.

excellent hotel with supportive staff

extremely expensive hotel taxi

polite and friendly staff, cleanliness, fitness center and swimming pool. late checking out was fixed without long explanation and extra charges. All receptionists are highly professional.

Breakfast, room, wifi

On Muscat Airport, the airport shutle driver was not waiting where all the other drivers are waiting. He was walking around. I had to call the hotel 3 times to help to find the driver. It cost me 50 minutes delay. After my long journey that felt very annoying. Finally I arrived in my hotel room at midnight. When I took a shower the reception called twice (!) to ask for my signature for the airport shuttle. No! I'm taking a shower and it's midnight, I go to bed. The next morning with checking out the (other) receptionist was apologising genuinely and reduced the airport shuttle costs, which was OK for me.

Breakfast, room, wifi

Great value for money hotel, highly recommended

Breakfast is very good but a little expensive if you don't have it included in your room rate

the room was a great size well equipped for the business traveler. Good bed, good size desk with power outlets easy to reach and a good size bathroom. Great pool area and bar on the rooftop to relax at the end of the day. The gym and spa are very good the massage at the spa was excellent. I really like this hotel and it is great value for money. The RBG Bar and Grill serves excellent food and a good range of cold beers n cocktails

Overall the stay was good..👍🏾

Rooms are cramped..... The bathroom door wouldn’t lock itself and always used to be ajar... Had to call and ask for the brush and paste where as all the hotels I have stayed in always had a brush and paste in bathroom.... Also had to call and ask for the iron table and iron box!!!!

I liked the staffs assistance..... very friendly.....

Park Inn perfectly soothes, de-stresses and cools you down after a hectic busy day of work.

I liked everything and so cant think of anything I did not like, either in this stay or during my past stays.

Super stay for executive business travelers wanting to stay at Muscat for a day or two. Absolute value for money, however you can still get better rates considering the current situation in Muscat, availability more than demand........I did not use any of the restaurants for break fast or dinner this time, but food is usually good....... A welcome card with a complimentary beverage is a very pleasant surprise and much appreciated !

Close to 2 big malls Avenue Mall and Grand Mall with 5 mins...

Price of the dine in meals is too high comparing with the food quality and specially that you have 2 malls with variety of food option with half or quarter price.

Close to 2 big malls Avenue Mall and Grand Mall with 5 mins walking.

Roof is great, you can drink your beer near pool.

Air conditioner was working too loud. Room was looking into the lobby so there was no sense to awake in the morning

Roof is great, you can drink your beer near pool. Stuff was great.

Next time I will take a better located and nicer hotel.

The room had a view on the lobby and therefore no outside view or possibility to open a window. My room was next to the elevator and I think this also caused a lot of noise.

Good place overall
    • Business Friendly Room

there's a vacant lot nearby with dogs around, I hope someone leaves water and leftover food, summer is approaching.

scrambled eggs were good, housekeeping are friendly

Excellent value and a comfortable hotel
    • Business Friendly Room

Very loud music round the bar - seemed to be there for the staff rather than the customers

Excellent breakfast choice, good sized room, swimming pool on roof plus bar in the evening

Good value in a handy location in Muscat

The Grill restaurant was a bit soulless and over-priced. The pool area was ok, nothing amazing.

Great hotel, really good value. Staff were very helpful and also really responsive when I emailed in advance of arriving. Great breakfast.

Great business hotel.

Avoid a bedroom on the 6th floor, below the roof-top bar, on Thursday and Friday night, unless you want to party! Unfortunately, I was not participating and wanted to sleep. The staff were very helpful, moving me to a different room, but I would have preferred not to have had to move at all in the first place.

Really appreciated the sports facilities - gym, roof-top pool, sauna and steam room. The bar on the roof is also a very nice place to relax.

Nice for the location next to LuLu and the poolside bar to drink, but you'll be doing it solo

The bed was super uncomfortable. The pillows were flat and stunk of cleaner

The pool side bar was nice. But no one went to it and I was there on the local weekend

Calm

Facility for going to the city center and airport. there were some taxis there but there was not any good infrastructure for those taxis to take a fixed fair. it is related to the government of Oman not the Hotel.

Calm

Reception staff super helpful and attentive.

Upgraded to a suite, but it was a poisoned chalice. AS the 6th floor is directly underneath the swimming pool bar, the DJ's heavy base disturbed our sleep until 2 a.m.

Reception staff super helpful and attentive.

Horid! Horid! Horid! This hotel is substandard and ruined what was supposed to be a short break!
    • Business Friendly Room

Nothing! The room I booked was not as described on Booking.com, the restaurant served food that was still frozen, breakfast was disgusting, and the hotel booked a dj with a private party for the Sama Terrazza, so guests had no place to go to! I was over charged, not the rate Booking.com stated on your site - lies!!! Trying to get ky money back for the over charging.

Comfortoble

there is not really a good place to do some work. They have some tables and chair placed separately but no electricity sockets.

It is a modern hotel, clean. nice organic breakfast. People were very helpful. the rooftop bar and pool is nice, Drinks are available but expensive

Windows too thin, House keeping staff noisy and the DJ is...

Windows too thin, House keeping staff noisy and the DJ is very loud you can hear everything in the room (construction outside, staff shouting in the corridor and the DJ upstairs)

facilities are old sofa color faded and dirty!
    • Business Friendly Room

facilities are old sofa color faded and dirty! the access card is not working properly, you have to go to reception every time to updated and the staff is not interesting to meet you upstairs for help instead,

Comfortable hotel, excellent restaurant

Hotel location not great, next to freeway however it was close to shopping mall. Faster WiFi needed. Slightly overpriced.

Comfortable room, friendly staff, excellent RGB Grill restaurant, WiFi available but very slow.

We made the most of our stay

I was very upset that I was not informed that the bookings were non refundable and could not be amnened. 1 of my colleagues came a day early and 2 of my colleagues changed their departure dates - leaving 2 days earlier - so my company had to pay an extra 5 days accommodation - which I’m not happy about - apparently because I booked through booking.com.

Fantastic staff

Park inn is an amazing hotel, well located in Muscat. Superb staff, very helpful and friendly during all the time! Even the taxi driver were so kind and nice.

Excellent stay in a very comforrable clean hotel.

The traffic noise from the nearby motorway if you are on the wrong side of the hotel and that traffic noice on the roof pool area. The hotel owners could solve these by incorporating thick sound absorbing curtains in the rooms and in the longer term tripple glazing. for the roof top pool area a strategically located glass screen would probably keep the traffic noise out. In-house restaurant choices are limited with associated high prices.

The hotel was chosen for its good star rating the convenience of being near local shops and restaurants. It satsfied that extremely well and the stay was excellent.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY

Very Limited room service after 11pm and when you arrive off a flight late sometimes you need a little better choice. Room Service prices generally almost double those of local restaurants. Wi-Fi particularly slow. Use Talabat and get food delivered much better value.

Breakfast poor for the price, hot options limited.

Very rude waiter

Waiting staff at breakfast told us we had 5 minutes left to finish our breakfast, then came and took away our plate without asking...and we were not finished! Shockingly rude. The same waiter short-changed us when we paid for breakfast.

Pleasant stay in Muscat

It would be good to have a bathrobe and slippers provided.

The stuff is very courteous, welcoming, helpful and prompt. I arrived quite early - at around 10:30 AM and they gave me a room straight away, apologizing it is with the view on the neighboring building but I did not mind at all. Also, I received a card for a free drink that I could use during my stay. Room and bathroom sizes are quite large and everything is placed conveniently. Room service is precise and the American breakfast I ordered was tasty. Overall it is a good place to stay, 10 minutes walk from the Grand Mall, 15 minutes to the airport and I would definitely recommend it.

Suitable for a quick stopover between the airport and the city; also handy for shopping malls.

When booking we requested details of the airport shuttle service but heard nothing. We were asked if we needed single or double beds and requested singles but this was not an option. Room overlooked very busy road junction and dual carriageway.

Bright and cheerful atmosphere on edge of busy road junction surrounded by wasteland.

Perfect!

Staff very professional Swimming pool is on the rooftop so perfect to lay down in swim costume under the sun. Fitness room has perfect equipment Breakfast and food served by room service were really tasty. They have the licence to sell alcohol: Very good red wine selection Taxi drivers are in front of the hotel. For my part my taxi driver has been very useful and kind. Mall with ATM is close to the hotel.

Very nice place

The rates are a little high, especially the room service.

The hotel restaurant is amazing, the food is delicious. The hotel is nice and tidy, in the heart of muscat, 2 malls around it and they are 5 minutes walking distance. The perfect business hotel.

A good business hotel.

Limited dining options at the hotel itself. Hotel had no convenience store or a spa.

Good location about 12 minutes away from the international Airport, and quite near to two shopping malls.

Nice and clean Hotel with a very nice Top Roof Pool and Bar...

Only thing to complaining about was that the a/c. It was to loud and blow out a kind of bad smelling humid air. If that was not happening, i could absolutely recommend the hotel. But with that i will not book again.

Nice and clean Hotel with a very nice Top Roof Pool and Bar and a top view over Muscat. Friendly staff.

Very pleasant and restful place to stay.

Pleasant helpful staff, very clean rooms,nice breakfast, rooftop views, easy parking for the car above and below ground with ready availability of taxis if required

Very poor quality stay for me and certainly not worth the money!! I would think twice next time.

The prices are extortionate!! Food is twice the price I would pay compared to a hotel of the same class in the UK. I cannot see where Oman would promote and encourage a tourist industry when you are charged with so much tax!!

Not very much really. I won't be staying there again that's for sure!!

Worst experience with Booking.com. Thanks a Lot.

I book this property through Booking .com, Hotel refused to provide breakfast & said "Because you booked through Booking.com, We are not providing Breakfast to there customers". "It's a clear case of cheating". Will not deal with you in future. I report this to my professional circle, Please don't deal with Booking.com

Great location and beautiful clean rooms.

The hotel is in a great location and close to 2 malls. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

A nice, relaxing place to stay with friendly staff

Not sure why but the bed felt a little damp at times. I've had this in some other hotels and I think its got something to do with the air conditioning

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooftop bar is nice to chill out at and the gym is of a reasonable standard for a hotel gym.

No water in the morning!!unbeliavable!

In the morning water pressure went down nearly to zero which cannot be acceptable at a hotel like park inn. unbeliavable!

Staff approach is hospitable. Location is good.

Average stay

Wifi is useless, the maindoor had problems opening with the hinge, room phone had issues, reception attitude needs to be reviewed except the omani guy who was very welcoming. And charging 5Riyals if you loose the parking card, really? Couldnt swim after looking at the water in pool, very unhealthy The stay was not worth it

Bed and pillows were comfy

Wi-fi not working and I was on a business trip. So one could imagine how well my trip ended up.

Internet access was not working. Understood that there is a problem in the router there. If it is a business trip and wi-fi is not there, one could imagine how it will end up.

Overnight stop at Park Inn by Radisson

The bed linen and towels has a worn out look and its time for an update. The swimming pool is on the roof top so during summer months its not comfortable to sit by the pool side.

This hotel is located about 15 minutes drive from airport. Located on the main highway but still away from traffic buildup. Walking distance from Avenues Mall and there is a supermarket nearby. The RGB grill restaurant serves very good food. The rooms are bigger than average and well laid out. Wifi signal is reliable but average speed.

A good stay & value for money.

Paratha was premade & was of very thin ground wheat (Maida). I requested for getting a maggi cooked, which I had brought, in the hotel kitchen at a cover charge (obviously at my cost) which they refused so by stating the Hotel policy.

Breakfast had a Good spread of food items and drinks. Staff is quite courteous & friendly & they understand the basics.

Staff was so nice and helpful.

Staff was so nice and helpful. Every time we called for extra towel or whatever they would deliver it. Very flexible!! The location is great and they have a great rooftop pool and bar

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Excellent hotel great location and great views of city

Breakfast is costly especially if you only normally take cereal would be better if other options were available same for lunch one choice and one price. It was less expensive and much easier to eat at restaurant

Liked location, roof top bar swimming, restaurants and staff

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Everything was apt from a business hotel point of view.

Everything was apt from a business hotel point of view. However, I still cannot get myself to understand a delivery charge of OMR 3 the hotel charges for orders from their own kitchen (they call it cover charge!!)

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Unacceptable wifi

This is a business hotel. Business-grade wifi is absolutely essential. The wifi here blocked all meeting apps and voice apps, e.g. Hangouts, Skype, jitsi. This is unacceptable.

Predictable and well maintained.

Great hotel, very handy for shopping malls.

A bit of generator (?) noise from the room (5th floor) but everything else was great.

Hotel is very clean and fresh. Wonderful food at the grill restaurant downstairs, also a nice roof terrace for drinks. Lovely swimming pool. Helpful, courteous staff. Amazing massage in the spa. Ordered room service breakfast, a huge breakfast delivered right on time and eggs were perfect! Will stay again.

Convenient place to stay for a quick trip

Doesn't offer the best of all views of Muscat

Location along the motorway to reach major attractions of Muscat. Hotel has a nice pool lounge/bar for a relaxing atmosphere and soaking the city vibes

Nice people and clean hotel

Not now maybe but in 2-3 years they will need room renovation. Wardrobes must be closed ones at least for the smoking rooms.

Very close to the shopping malls. Nice and helpful people. A bit old but clean and nice rooms. I liked the hotel and may stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

we arrived at 5 am, and we could stay at the reception fer a...

we arrived at 5 am, and we could stay at the reception fer a little "sleep" on the sofas ( night fly). hotel was full. we got as soon as possible our room.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

last visit to this bad hotel

they keep me waiting the room 35 minutes because the room not ready. I came at 9 pm so must be ready. the room not clean and bed not comfort at all wifi very bad staff are very bad

no things

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The gym, the pool, the room, the view.

It would've been nice to have a concierge at the hotel to assist with questions and recommendations for first-time visitors to the city. I really like the fact that the hotel is employing and empowering trainees, but they need more guidance and assistance during peak times, so as to avoid long queues and delayed waiting periods.

The gym, the pool, the room, the view... All of those factors contributed nicely to my stay at the venue.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Muscat stay from 16 to 18

Was not confortable having the taxi driver standing and staring at everyone. They should be away from the entrance

Pillows are supper comfortable. Bed sheets smells clean

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

The staff were fantastic.

Breakfast was expensive and was pretty limited. Wouldn't recommend it. But the staff were really helpful in the breakfast restaurant and brought fruit just for the baby.

The staff were fantastic. We asked for interconnecting rooms as we had a baby with us. They couldn't do it but instead gave us a suite. Couldn't do enough to help us. Brilliant.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Room size is big and view was good

Promised Panorama view didn't get, room not clean, smoking smell, service is bad. Overall not worth money. I felt Radisson blue was better than this.

Room size is big and view was good

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Ok hotel next to the Oman's largest shopping center.

The price level was quite high in restaurants. Cover reserve, which has not disappeared yet, although a week has passed since the check-out. This can cause problems if the credit card does not have a enough limit.

Oman Avenues Mall next door. The rooftop pool was ok. Good soundproofed in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

They call for a cab to the airport and charge 8 OR.

They call for a cab to the airport and charge 8 OR.. where's the cab charges just 2 OR.. and it's not the hotel cab.. call taxi.. felt cheated

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Disappointing Weekend

Disappointing weekend, the hotel had a number of football teams stopping for a military competition, because of this the rooftop bar was not open off a lunch time and also the bar and grill downstairs was not open at lunch, if I wanted to stop in a dry hotel in Muscat there are alot that are cheaper than this one, to also have a receptionist try to tell me the licensing hours on a Friday are 12-3 and 6- 02.00, just shows she did not know what she was on about. Have stayed here on numerous occasions, may not again. If facilities are not available please inform guests prior to arrival by e-mail then we can make our own decisions as to whether to cancel booking.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

A very satisfied and Happy customer.

The family cost charged to me I feel was a bit high. Even if the breakfast was included it would have been reasonable but not worth the price I paid.

The breakfast was good. I liked the rooftop restaurant. A bit more discipline requires to come in with respect to language used in the Bar and when families are around, specially ladies. Dignity and decorum are most essential.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

We were very happy with our choice!

It would have been better to have the volume of the DJ music on the roof garden at lower decibel during Friday and Saturday.

The people at the reception were extremely kind and helpful! It was very clean. It is very convenient to have the malls (Grand Mall, Lulu hypermarket etc) just around the corner!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Excellent staff, food and weather

Comming home.

The staff were wonderful, they bent over backwards to help me retrieve my baggage as it was lost between flights they supplied me with everything to make me comfortable. This is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in . The steak house was fantastic next door.

Excellent hotel. We loved it!!

Stayed here with my partner from 30.12 to 02.01 and we were very happy to have chosen this hotel. It was a very pleasant experience from beginning to end. Some highlights: - spacious and cosy rooms with comfortable bed and good shower - rooftop pool and bar are awesome - the new year's eve buffet was amazing: great food and atmosphere, excellent presentation of food, great service, delicious wines included, followed by a party at the rooftop bar, such a great night! - organized a great dolphin watching and snorkeling tour with sidab tours and helped me out immediately and efficiently when there had been a misunderstanding on the side of the tour operator - friendly and competent staff - good location, walking distance to two malls with shops, hypermarket and foodcourt This was definitely by far the best hotel price/quality-wise on our two weeks trip through Oman. I'd book it again immediately!

A perfect haven in-between places

The highlight of my stay was the morning after the New Year's celebration. After breakfast I sauntered to the rooftop pool and in blissful solitude while enjoying the first rays of Muscat sun, I swam a couple of festive laps to mark the beginning of the New Year. The rooftop view of the city bathing in sunrise was also exquisite. This property, in fact, offers ease and comfort that allows for moments like these, the moments of sudden, spontaneous pleasure and unforced relaxation. The location is excellent. The service is impeccable . Wireless worked perfectly and the room, itself was cozy, clean and comfortable, Hence, the overall impression was one of great enjoyment. This property seems perfect for a short term visit, on the go and in between places.

roof terrace was great and the location of the hotel is good

the furniture in our room was a bit shabby and we had to change the room since obviously someone smoked in it.

roof terrace was great and the location of the hotel is good

Good hotel, but dearer than some others.

Pricey but was stay was over New Year period so expected to pay a bit more.

Location was central to many things. Huge shopping complexes nearby for all needs. Staff were very friendly and helpful Room was clean and comfortable Breakfast had a very good selection

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Bad experience. Paid extra when kids spilled chocolate on bedsheets.

1. They charged us extra 125 USD because my kids spilled chocolate on bedsheets/comforter. And I don`t know how the laundry couldn't take off the stains of M&Ms. We talked to the manager but he didn`t cooperate at all. 2. I ordered same Breakfast every morning in room but it was always different and my choices were not always there. 3. There is no option for dinner buffet. One day they had a hotel management meeting and the left over after the meeting time was offered as dinner buffet at high prices. 4. We ordered a drink at the roof top restaurant but waiter was supposed to take it to the room but it never arrived.

Location and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Average Stay - Not fully satisfied
    • Business Friendly Room

Swimming Pool was very bad-worst i would say- Water heat temperature was not maintained at all- though we did not use the facility seeing its filthiness. Insects were floating - waste papers were floating . many dust particles floating are not visible in photo but they were not filtered out. Cold water in the shower in the swimming pool as well. (so overall very bad experience) Secondly chrismas party organized on 23th dec 2016 was for adults- childrens were not allowed. AMAZING. this is first christmas party i witnessed where children were prohibited (Shocking).

Breakfast served was very good. However, we stayed for five days and we were served same breakfast 95% of the breakfast was same. So you can imagine, we were really bored of eating same stuff even though we enjoyed it for first few days. Location is very convenient to move around muscat city and other places of attractions.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

NICE EXPERIENCE

less parking space. prices are too high in comparison to the hotel. I paid 1050 AED for 2 nights including taxes. It should be 750 AED maximum.

co-operative staff. location is good. bed is comfortable. Overall a very nice experience. grand mall is near by so no problem of food and shopping.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Good hotel for business travelers and also for family visiters.

nothing to announce!

Good location, very friendly staff, clean room and decent breakfast. Wish all the best, especially continue with your high professional and friendly skills of your staff.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

It Takes More Than a Friendly, Helpful Staff
    • Business Friendly Room

The beds were as hard as concrete. The hotel stinks of old, stagnant air and moldy a/Cs. The breakfast buffet was less than average for the price. The view of the sea from the nice rooftop terrace is obstructed by a factory of some kind. The rooms look out over a busy highway.

If you like a hotel with an amazing staff willing to do just about anything for you, then this is your hotel. Also, the hotel has really fast elevators!

Browse Park Inn by Radisson Muscat traveller photo gallery