Reviews of Costa del Sol Wyndham Cajamarca 4 stars

Jr. Cruz de Piedra 707, Cajamarca Cajamarca, Peru

#5 of 43 hotels in Cajamarca

The staff at reception should be trained better. They allotted us a room only to discover that the same room had been allotted to some other guest earlier. They changed our room. Check out was also unnecessarily prolonged. We had to convince the reception staff to apply the Booking.com confirmed rate in USD. She had charged us much more in Soles. Luis intervened to correct this. Be careful in billing.

The location is excellent, its right at the corner of main square in Cajamarca. The hotel has well appointed rooms. The offer us complimentary Pisco Sour for each one of us- excellent. The manager Louis can speak english quite well and is very friendly and co-operative.

When I asked for 2 more hours to check out (I needed to go to do my work and after that could come back and calmly checkout rather than rushing in the morning to do it), they said that they could only wait 1 hour at the most and after that they would charge me with half the night fee. This is the most expensive hotel in Cajamarca, I bet they could really wait 2 hours for me to have peace of mind and do the check out without worries and rushing to get there right on time so that they wouldn’t charge me more. Also, the shower was unclean when I first wanted to get a shower the next morning I arrived... it had other people’s hairs in it.

Most of the staff was really nice and kind. The restaurant had really nice options. Food was good.

Even though I booked with several months in advanced; I was given a room that they know it's super heated by being next to the pool. They kindly changed me to a bigger room; however, this time it was next to a Karaoke room...so noisy, I could not sleep at all for all my stay.

The staff was really helpful. The location superb!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I requested 2 room keys and had to go back to reception several times each day during our 4 days stay because the key cards didn't work. We also had wifi connection problems and had to request password codes several times.

The staff service and location is the best.

The staff in the evening was not able to make a correct check-out: we payed at least 80 US$ to much overall - but we did't have any possibility to discuss longer (>30 min.), because our bus was leaving... This was the first time I was cheated in a hotel I booked at booking.com...

The Hotel itselve was top: everything more than OK, just the staff on the desk in the evening destroyed the good impression totally....

A receptionist told me that the rates shown in booking.com were not set by the hotel. According to this person they were going to charge me a completely different rate per night. When I asked another receptionist, she mentioned that the hotel does honor the rates display in booking.com.

Their service was top notch. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They were always willing to go the extra mile for the customers.

The hotel must have a topic 24 hrs in case if somebody like me at 8am have a terrible headache at some medication for the pain is a must to have it always available

The hotel location is amazing next to the cathedral and in the heart of the downtown, the staf is amazing 😉 only one thing one day b fore I leave I had a terrible headache and I really need a pain killer pill and ask for one they told me yes they will came and bring it to me while I am having my breakfast the thing is the pill never arrived and I have to leave the hotel and look for that in the farmacy because the pain was really too much how ever when I finish my breakfast they realized that I didn't get my pill and they ask me if I still want it the reason why I asked is because I saw they have a topic in the lobby inside the hotel and is must to have at less any pain killer medication that was the only bad thing I can say about his hotel the rest was great

Staff not helpful, promise to get you wifi codes then never show up. Also made a reservation for the hot tub, and they never showed up.

Comfortable bed, nice towels

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Rooms are a bit tired and quite dark. Food definitely needs to improve. Breakfast wasn't great. Neither was the pasta we had at the restaurant in the evening though the meals of some other diners looked better.

Excellent location on the Plaza Mayor. Public spaces and restaurant setting are lovely.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

No outside window in the room. Pool wasn't operational. Breakfast below average. Internet in business center frquently interrupted. Overpriced.

This was clearly the nicest hotel in Cajamarca and so far as I could tell had the best restaurant in Catamarca. The hotel is on the main square and convenient for walking to all the main sights in the city

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The safe in our room didn't work and I guess the repair man couldn't fix it. The used coca tea cups were left to accumulate on the table in the lobby.The second night our beds were turned down and curtains drawn, why not on the first and third night? My chair in the bar had a loose armrest and the lighting under the bar was messy.Tiny things that make the difference between a four star and a three star hotel.

The staff was very accommodating .They brought us an air conditioner right away, we felt very comfortable playing cards and drinking good Piso sours in the bar.The breakfast was good and varied.The shuttle to and from the airport was good. The rooms were a good size and quiet. We used the tour company recommended by the hotel for 3 great tours of Cajamarca area. They were all well organized, on time and with very knowledgeable and likeable guides.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Breakfast service is very slow. Always found used uncleaned tables, need to ask for glasses, dishes and napkins. Need to wait for juice and eggs to be refilled.

Great location, facilities and food

• Suite

I don't know. Didn't see anything or observed or felt that I didn't like.

Location Service cleanness Quite Everything was SUPER GOOD

Need to improve the Breakfast, they put to much water in the juices

No air conditioning in rooms

Clean, good location.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms was very small

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool look dirty so didnt swim

The room was spacious

Lack of air conditioner. Cleaning products in the room caused headaches.

Hospitality. Meeting rooms for business

Great location, really nice staff, big room, comfortable. Lovely view on the Plaza de Armas from the breakfast room/restaurant. Nice gym.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facilities are very dated, but well maintained

Great location and very clean rooms

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Superb location on the plaza. Excellent breakfast buffet. Fast wifi connection.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Best location, in front of the main square. Good service of airport transfer was quite reliable.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Everything was fine

Nice staff. We upgraded to a suite that overlooked the plaza and it was a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Staff needs to be more friendly, especially at the front counter.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Friendly staff, very spacious and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

A great view on the plaza from the restaurant

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

The breakfast was brilliant, but I think the bar food could have been better for the price.

I will be back before I know it I am sure.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

the breakfast

the sauna and bathtub in the room

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

There was no AC, and that was a bummer because it was actually rather hot. We had to open the one window that looks over the pool which meant choosing between melting in the room or enjoying some air but listening to all the noise from the pool area.

Breakfast and the staff were wonderful. The location is perfect!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Gym ( some machines didnt work) and bathroom (not enough bath suplements like two soaps or two shampoo were provided for a double room). The front desk girls could be nicer

Very clean pool and sauna, delicious breakfast, awsome beds. Offer many great services. Kind cleaning and service personnel

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Internet System slow and strugles with many passwords

Excellent Breakfast Excellent Cuisene Excellent Bar Courtesy chocolates The best Customer Service People are very kind

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

We did not like the 10% extra charge for services because we never knew if the tips were included or not and what services were include in this 10%

We loved the location, the restaurant and staff.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

They need to be more careful clening the bathroom, I found a tap of the shampoo bottle inside the pipe and thee walls of the shower were dirty with shampoo!

Loation, breakfast and size of thee room were the best.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

The location is right at the main square couldn't be better. Breakfast was my best so far in Peru. The hotel has its own (free) shuttle bus service to/from the airport.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The bed was too small and I´m 1.85

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

Location & service

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

N/a

Absolutely lovely from when we got the keys. Will be back next time.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Great location, decor beautiful. very peaceful and such a friendly staff. Staff very understanding when one person was not feeling well one day.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Comfortable bed! and amply room!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Swimming pool was cold but jacuzzi is convenient.

The rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

No encontre algo que me disgusto.

El personnel muy amable

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

Everything about this hotel is great: staff, service, location, rooms and atmosphere. I love this hotel! It's worth this price!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Charging local phone calls.

Staff Service.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Everything was great!

Stunning location and really helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Excellent hotel, very well located at the plaza mayor. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Locatieontwikkelaar, friendly personal

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Que la piscina no sea temperada.

La atención en general.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

no A/C in rooms

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

your services

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

The hotel was lovely & the staff was helpful. The location is fabulous, right next to the train & the bus, restaurants, etc.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Nothing at all at this time!

Walk around the main square at night and enjoy local bands performances at weekend.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

There was a party At night we were no adviced, it was noisy...

Ubicuity

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

wifi wasn't working properly...should really fix it

great friendly staff

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Costa del Sol Wyndham Cajamarca traveller photo gallery