Reviews of Costa del Sol Wyndham Piura 4 stars

Av. Loreto 649, Piur 01 Piura, Peru

#8 of 42 hotels in Piura

mmm it is hard to say, but maybe the pool, next to the pool you have like a jacuzzi. the days I was there I think the thermostato, or the relay and contactor that control the temperature of water was out of order, so the water never was warm enough

the big bed, the restaurant and the bar, I belive you have a great staff of cheffs and bartenders. Also the room service like the maid, the laundry service, the mechanical thecnicians and botones were very kindly. I feel better than in mi home :)

We arrived on a Sunday with plans to enjoy the pool in the evening because we were going to beaches during the day. We were informed that the pool was unavailable until “Tuesday”. On Tuesday, the pool was still under construction. therefore, we never got to enjoy evening pool activities. Only the rooms have AC, so when you exit your room you are slapped with a heatwave and you are still inside! I had to practically scream for a discount during checkout. It should have been offered. Poor business on their part. First and LAST time I go.

The service (food)staff were very accommodating.

The front desk did not have our reservation even though I showed them my Booking.com reservation. This time we had an older, smaller room. Still OK but we come here often and expected a usual modern, larger room. The plants throughout the building are always dry and dying. Every year the same. What a shame.

Good location. Good breakfast. Secure, on site parking

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

For a four star hotel, it was disappointing. They specified soundproof rooms, but we heard the casino until 3am, we didn't manage to rest well. Also, for a city that hot, a beautiful rooftop swimming pool is closing at 6pm without any reason. Also, the recepcionist was quite oblivious. She didn't know timetables or prices. In the restaurant, the christmas decorations were making quite an awful noise, which was never ceasing and a unintelligible, since they were playing quite a few at the same time. Also, they wanted to charge us the price with VAT, which we don't have to pay, because of neglect.

They had nice saunas, in which we both could be at the same time. Also, the breakfast was good. And they have a welcome drink, which is nice.

• Family Suite

The decor of the rooms could be updated and the breakfast should be improved.

Unlike most hotels they had the perfect room for a family of 4 with a good rate, There where no extra charges, service was really good, I would definitely return.

Not applicable. Hard to beat at this price point (approx $80 a night)

All the benefits of a top hotel chain you'd expect. Great rooms, spotless, quiet, great staff service (ensured I could have some laundry done overnight at short notice), included breakfast exceptional. Good value for money if you can secure a genius discount!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows are not comfortable at all, the way the bedrooms are decorated is very old and not nice. The beds are not comfortable. Is the second time that a girl in reception has an awful attitude.

I like the terrace, the restaurante, nice bathroom and bathtub

i asked for a taxi to pick me up at 6 am, the taxi did not get there on time. so i had to risk take one of the street , the hotel has a shuttle that only leaves at 6:20 am to the airport giving preference for the Lan Flight to Lima , (lan is a partner of the hotel)makes it inconvenient for guests traveling to lima on the avianca flight....

It was some funny smell in the room and also the swimming pool area and the jacuzzi it wasn't clean.

I like the location, is near to Some interesting clothing shops.

Bed too small, I'm not that big 1,80m, asked for a double room and I had trouble fitting into the bed. Really noisy room, I could hear the sound of the casino below. Also the decoration is outdated.

The location is nice, close to the center and also the airport.

The reception young ladies need a course in hospitality as had no smile, appeared to be uninterested and not polite during check in and asking for other instructions. In fact if hadn't stayed here before and had enjoyed my experience,or wasn't on a this message constraint I would have either walked out and found other accommodations or asked for a manager.

Clean,quiet,comfortable,away from city noise and an oasis from the business which exists on the outside. Close to center of town,park,restaurants if do not want to access the hotels facilities. Excellent breakfast with many added healthy choices exhibitingredients the areason products with wonderful staff. Also greatfull for free airport transportation which was in a updated new large van with the driver very courteous,very professional.

I agree that the restaurant is overpriced though it has a nice seating area.

Very clean, smart accommodation in the centre of a filthy, grotty city. The hotel provides a marvellous escape from Piura with a niice roof-top area and a pool. We simply made a stopover in Piura while travelling south. The city is otherwise to be avoided, even alowing for recent flood damage. The staff were understanding when we had a small health problem and gave good travel advice.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Check-out!! The staff at the reception desk was not helpful and almost rude when I went to check out... Despite me saying that I had a flight to catch, I spent over 15 minutes with a staff member trying to check out. First the credit card machine wasn't working, instead of trying to find a solution she blamed the problem on my card. I then paid in cash. It took another 5 minutes to get my change. Then she said someone had to go check the mini-bar in the room, as if I were had stolen a dollar-bag of peanuts before leaving. Once that was done she started asking about a "machina" or something. She spoke no English and even though my Spanish is ok, I didn't understand this word. Instead of looking it up or trying to explain she kept repeating herself in a Spanish dialect and looked at me as if I were stupid for not knowing what she meant. At this point I was about to miss my flight! Staff need to speak a more universal level of Spanish or learn some basic English for international guests. Otherwise Piura itself is quite a miserable place and I would not return.

We had a quiet room on the courtyard. The bed was very comfortable so we had a good rest. Breakfast was fairly good and offered a wide variety. The staff at the spa, laundry and reataurant were all very kind and went out of their way to ensure we had a nice stay. Overall a nice retreat away from the chaos of Piura.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

One of the best that we have stayed at in Peru. The staff was very attentive, the place was clean and comfortable. The gym and pool area were small but met our needs. They make the best Pisco Sours in all of Peru!!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Food and drinks were very nice, the shower was hot and bed comfortable. Nice gym and spa area but I had no time to use them. I will give it another visit the next time I'm passing through Piura.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Everything was OK since we arrive. The room, the breakfast, the location and the cleanliness were superb. Having lunch there is not expensive and it is very delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Family Suite

I didn't like that i couldn't use the facilities ,the sauna was not working , the massage place was closed, the pool did not look clean

I like the location,

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Family Suite

The location is not good. It is not clear about the facilities. There are not enough products available in the fridge like soda, beer, water. The food was not good, poor quality for the cost. The breakfast buffet too poor.

Cleanliness Staff

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They did not put the price list of the minibar items in the room; we thought they were free, but were charged at check-out. One bed was smaller than the other one (it looked like a child's bed) Some minor details that need improvement are the light in the closet (it did not work), some broken tiles in the bathroom. Also, it would be nice to have all the little lights covered (like the one located up in the room), since they are disturbing for sleep time.

Staff was really kind and helpful. Sauna facilities were nice, despite the wet sauna was out of service. Breakfast was good, although I would have liked to see more fresh fruit variety.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor communication with the unfriendly staff. Asked for a quiet room was shocked I was given room 425 above the laundry which was full on noise constantly. They should never rent that room. Asked for a wake up call and they forgot. Didn't even apologise. Would never go back.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

All was good. More choices at the restaurant. Late checkout fee a little too high for a few hours.

Excellent attention and acomodations. Totally recommended if traveling to Piura. Food is great!

Breakfast patatos were excellent.

Réception personnel was a bit dry.

No comments my

Despite being in a very crowded area the rooms are quiet

Weak wifi

Good breakfast, rooms were standard but need updating

there was no place to sit apart of the bed. the water from the tub didn't drain fast enough, the pipe was partially plugged

breakfast was fine

Friendly staff and great location

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning was on one level only which turned our room into a sauna.

The food was yummy. Its is a relaxing atmosphere.

The bus ride to the airport arrived 10 minutes late

The staff was really nice. The welcome drink was delicious.

Everything was great.

Rooms next to gambling facilities noisy throughout.

Nothing Rooms next to gambling facilities noisy throughout.

Jacuzzi/shower not working 100%

Good Service and very friendly personal

The room was outdated. Old carpet, leaky A/C unit and poor decorations

The restaurants and bar in the property were good!

The hotel is under construction, there are boxes all over he place and the location is not good , would not want to go for a walk you can get muged !

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Incompetent check-in and check out staff Very dated property. Overpriced

Huge oversized king

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Dated decor and very noisy with casino attached

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Standard Double Suite

staff excellent. Great food

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Charged me more. They fixed it. Charged me for my partner. Not fixed.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Breakfast was really busy

Open area restaurant, very quiet inside while streets are busy

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Since the hotel is located in front of busy street, it could get noisy. Ask for a room away from the street.

Great facilities, wifi, and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Closet

Tranquilo

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Lsa habitation comofivims

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The worst thing happened during check out time... Since we booked a family suit that included two rooms, my 11 year old girls was always coming and going from one room to the other, that said, obviously she must've taken one of the bathroom towels from her room to mine, and the cleaning staff couldn't find it so THEY DECIDED WE STOLE IT and sent a security guard to our car to go through our things right there in the garage!!! I must say that it took me about 30 minutes to get everything to fit in our trunk and we had to get the bags and everything out for them to speech things around trying to find that cheap and old towel.... But guess what!??? A few minutes later someone called the security guy on his radio to let him know they had found the freaking towel in the room, right were we said it had to be!!! It was one of the most humiliating experiences I have ever had and they never even bother to offer and apology!!! I can honestly say I wil never return to this place and would recommend others to stay away, but if you have to go, please make sure you leave everything in order so that they can find it and don't end up calling you a thief! Also, the whole place could use some updates, specially the bathrooms... Those were very old which made them look dirty even though they weren't and the water pressure was so bad we hardly got any hot water.

The restaurant staff was very nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Breakfast; lack of choice/ change The service charge is extra even though it is not noted on the price list.

Very friendly staff Good location Large room

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The pool always had lots of children in it. Maybe it could be open later and have a cut off time for children.

Great staff, nice hotel! It was clean and located in downtown. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Check in is 2.00pm and all the flights reach Piura early morning and Hotel charges extra money for early check of 50% of the fair booked by booking.com. Where as checking in their clients booked directly. Unfair and very bad system they follow.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Upon arrival we informed the desk clerk that we would pay cash on departure even though they had the credit card number as security. When checking out the credit card had already been charged. Not a big deal but not what we asked.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Awful welcome drink made from powder. Not really pisco sour. The breakfast coffee was disgusting. Although the room was quiet, we could hear the building air conditioning. The lady at the front desk could be nicer.

Nice clean room, breakfast rich choice. Close to the center.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

The staff are among the best I have seen anywhere in my travels, and most helpful. The restaurant provides an extensive breakfast buffet, and the coffee is great. The courtyard around which the hotel is built is beautiful, shady on hot days, and a great place for a quiet drink in the evening.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

design of room with step up to bathroom deep tub....not useable by a short person...I should have requested a handicap room, but didn't expect access to be so difficult

Location Transport to airport, resourceful driver found something to use as a step stool for me to get into the high van

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Food was delicious but a bit overpriced. Facilities were excellent and staff let us have our room early. Wifi was the best we've had in South America.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Room is liitle bit small Poor English knowledge for reception Pool is located on roof Bar has no view, it is located bottom floor

Early breakfast option before 6 am Located in center Free shuttle to airport

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

They seem to hate Booking's reservations. As soon as they heard I came from booking their faces changed.

It was a comfortable hotel, with a pool, sauna and accesible

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Nothing to mention, well, the breakfast can be approved - and should be too.

In fact, all of it We fell very wellcome at this place. The staff is most helpfull. the hotel is perfectly located in the center

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The hotel should have a better breakfast buffet

Great service, very confortable. Friendly Staff.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

Wait for my welcome drink

Excellent service

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

No English is spoken.

Really nice hotel that runs a free transfer service from the airport. Facilities are abundent and price is fair.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

no me aceptaron un late checkout

excelente SPA, refrescante piscina, exquisita comida

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

We have stayed here a number of times on our drive from Ecuador to and from Peru. Would not even consider any place else.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

We had ants in our room, and a staff member opened our door uninvited in the middle of the night

It was a nice hotel and the food was good

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

nice free breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The price is expensive.

The pool is amazing. But there are not a bar tender to spends drikns.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Secure and comfortable hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Cleanliness and location

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

nice hotel with a decent spa and pool. good restaurant and room service. internet was good. location is very central.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2015

The crib provided for our baby was too old, we couldn't use it. In the end the baby slept with us.

Location and friendly staff

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Costa del Sol Wyndham Piura traveller photo gallery