View vacation packages to

2. Peru hotel reviews
  3. Provincia de Lima hotel reviews
  4. Lima hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of JW Marriott Hotel Lima

Reviews of JW Marriott Hotel Lima This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Malecon de La Reserva, 615, Miraflores, Lima 18 Lima, Peru

#24 of 351 hotels in Lima

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: August 24, 2019

Friendly people working.
    • Deluxe Room, Guest room, 2 Queen, Ocean/City view

Nothing bad at all. All good.

Friendly people working. Said my last name correctly. Awesomely equipped gym. Best breakfast spread in Peru (i.e., gluten-free bread, freshly made eggs to personal specification, chia seeds!). Wonderfully built shower.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2019

I love the view .
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Room was small and not enough space . It need a night lamp at the corner . For being in a 5 star hotel it need to be more modern . Shower was old , nothing great .

I love the view . It was great

• Reviewed: August 10, 2019

Property is amazing as all JW MARRIOT
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Everything is perfect, but for us personally it wasn’t worth paying so much money because we registered late and checkout very early.

Property is amazing as all JW MARRIOT

• Reviewed: July 19, 2019

Good, it could be better.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

There’re not enough entertainment facilities - like billiards, or bowling. The electric bikes were out of order for our whole 3-day stay.

The staff, the room, the bed, the magnificent view, the location.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2019

Attentive staff
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

For the exorbitant price per Oceanside room paid, rates often did not include breakfast. Plus, if you did not a he ‘privacy please’ sign on your door, I counted three interruptions by staff (first, by cleaning lady who wanted to know if I needed room service or anything replaced which was appropriate; then someone came to check the minibar which I thought was odd; and the third time, by another cleaning lady to see if I wanted the room cleaned. I thought that was wholly inappropriate. I then put the privacy sign on the door so no one would bother me for turn-down service). There was also teabags in the room, but the weird coffee machine would not accept them. I had to call room service to bring up a water kettle so i could boil water. That is something that should have been in the closet already. I also didn’t appreciate the insistence of the bellboys about taking my bags from the lobby on the 2nd floor to the exit on my he ground floor, especially when I indicated that I had not wanted their help. It was as if they all worked hard for tips.

The JW Marriott was conveniently located by the Larcomar Shopping Centre and had beautiful Oceanside views!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2019

It was beautiful but the ending was horrible
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

The waiters at the restaurant are very rude. And the parking attendant outside side the hotel is very arrogant When I was leaving to the airport Monday July 8 About 8pm the nasty man outside with his cell phone all the time told my taxi to move before he gets a tow truck My taxi had to leave I was waiting for my suitcases that I left them at the storage The employees at the hotel are very nice BUT The NASTY AND RUDE the stand outside with his phone doesn’t deserve to work in a beautiful hotel like this one I felt insulted by this man talk to me Nasty and a very bad attitude I complain to the people at the podium but I think they know him The woman in charge didn’t even apologize only the nice gentleman who saw everything Thank you

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

A quality Marriott in an ideal location
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

This is a quality Marriott hotel in an ideal area in Miraflores. My room was spacious and comfortable with a view over the sea. The staff were polite and the breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating.

Cocktails at the bar are very expensive

The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. We were able to leave some of our bags in storage for three days while we left and went to Cusco and Machu Picchu. The room was clean and comfortable, and the room service breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

The view is the highlight!
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

I firmly believe that our room was fairly small. Thought they would be definitely bigger for the price we afforded (about 1k per night). Especially when I was planning to spend quality time with my partner.

The view is stunning. You've got a flawless sea view anywhere you stand in the hotel. Also, location is absolutely ideal as it's literally in the heart of Miraflores, right accross Larcomar shopping center. I usually go to 5 stars hotels in Lima and should say this one, in addition to the Miraflores Park Hotel, are my favourites.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Incredible hotel room, probably the best I've stayed in. Can't get over the view.
    • Executive Suite Ocean View

Excellent hotel, the location is the best part because it's conveniently located in front of Larcomar. The breakfast buffet was incredible and the suite that we stayed in had the best view of the city, ocean and mall.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2019

Not so good. Customer service is lacking even when I made the complaints very little was done.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Communication with staff was bad. During check in they never explained coffee/ tea free in room. We thought it was part of mini bar and bought coffee/ tea everyday at Starbucks instead of enjoying in room. Husband had to go to The hospital during our stay. Concierge offered to put us in hotel taxi but we had to pay it despite not having solas on us. They never checked in with us to see if he was ok at all. Never inquired. No message nothing. I emailed the day before our arrival about being on a low floor since I like to avoid elevators. They never responded and I finally heard back 4 days later on the day we were leaving. They put us on a higher floor never reading the email until the day we left. I spoke to a manager about all of this, how the staff was not so nice and did not care at all about us despite knowing my husband was having possible cardiac issues. He apologized and offered us a free breakfast on our last day but that seemed small in comparison to all the issues we had particularly with a health crisis. He seemed to say Marriot should have driven us to the hospital but never offered to take away charge for taxi. Overall we felt the Marriot of Lima was happy to take our money but did not care at all about us.

Room was nice. Great ocean view. Comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Great hotel for a long stay in Lima
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

There is no free wifi in the room.

I liked the location of the hotel, the great ocean view from our room and the delicious breakfast. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

OK
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Poor layout- 2 elevators needed to get to the street. Very overpriced bar Poor concierge- unhelpful even wrong information

Great sea view from a comfortable room

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Very good hotel but not great
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

In the year 2019 still need to pay for regular Wifi in a hotel which cost several hounded of dollars per night??? unacceptable for me since my stay for business meetings, next time I will go to the Hilton instead. Pool area and SPA can be much much batter.

The best location! Great view of the sea from the room. Staff are wonderful very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

The hotel interior, it’s location, the comfortable bed,...
    • Executive Suite Ocean View

The hotel interior, it’s location, the comfortable bed, toiletries - it was all great. The views from my executive suite were incredible. What was even better - the people. The service I received here was amazing. Jorge at the front desk was so very helpful, and Adrian from the executive lounge went the extra mile to ensure I had an unforgettable stay - thanks to them I will only be staying at JW Marriott when in Lima. Thank you so much for the experience.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Good breakfastvand friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Lack of towels in the swimming pool. Looks like it is working just because it was described in the hotel internet page. It looks like no interest from the hotel side to be open.

Good breakfastvand friendly staff. Value for the money

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

High quality service.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

High quality service. Executive lounge staff was friendly and the breakfast was good with a great variety to pick from. One drawback: THERE WAS NO ICE IN THE ICE MACHINE!

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

i love this hotel a lot!
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

i love this hotel a lot! Firstly, the location is perfect! Right beside Larcomar Shopping centre, and the beach! I booked an Ocean view room. it was perfect! had 2 queen size bed for myself, a great view of the shopping centre from the top, the ocean as well as seeing people doing parasailing right from the window. The door mas good (the african man). He provided extra service. Even helped me to book uber to certain location. and give me the assurance for the safety in lima!. Perfect stay! i wish i could stay longer instead!

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Above average and I would rate this Marriott a 4.5 star, rather than a 5 star.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Facilities in the hotel are a bit older, especially the bathroom. Overall they are about 10 years behind other Marriott hotels we had stayed in other countries. Buffet breakfast did not have a lot of choices.

We stayed in a room with ocean view (although the weather was somehow disappointing during our stay). The hotel is close to a shopping mall and some good restaurants. It is also close to ocean side running treks if you are a runner.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Awesome Hotel with great views
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

For what the hotel cost a day the breakfast should be included

Like that they had a shower for us to use after we checked out and went on a swim with the Sealions tour we came back and was able to shower and warm up before our red eye flight

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Excellent value and beautiful, safe location
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

The room was well-appointed full of amenities and very good quality soap, shampoo, etc. We were on the 22nd floor and the view of the ocean was spectacular. The room was quiet and the bed very comfortable. We went across the street to the shopping mall which had many restaurants to choose from. We ate our final meal in Peru at Mango and enjoyed it very much The hotel arranged transport to the airport for us.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Pretty good place to stay if the price is right.
    • Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King Bed

For a high end hotel they were cheap on some of the amenities. Example only one disposable toothbrush for 2 people.

the full board option is a great value and the food they serve is excellent. The call it a light meal but you can certainly use as a regular meal .

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

The fitness center is definitely a 10 for a hotel gym and 24...
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Like all hotel chains, this has a corporate feel to it, which is a good and bad.

The fitness center is definitely a 10 for a hotel gym and 24 hours. Beyond that, I got exactly what I would expect from this chain. Breakfast spread was really good as well. And, the location absolutely perfect.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

I booked a room that was supposed to have oxygen it didn't so I suffered for five days
    • Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King Bed

I bought a room that was supposed to have oxygen every morning I woke up gasping for air my action level was 74 and I had to call for your oxygen I complain that there was not any Ashton coming into the room but they waited till the last day I was there to move us I had bought a new shirt for the trip they shrink the shirt. I suffered five days because of the lack of oxygen. Gene Clement 860 had bought a new shirt for the trip they shrink the shirt. I suffered five days because of the lack of oxygen. Gene Clement -308-3210I would like to be reimbursed somehow. I'm going back September 5

Staff was cordial the property was very clean the food was very good good location

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Relax and enjoy. ¡Marriott takes care of everything!
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Nothing. Just do not change.

Unforgetable experience. It is a cozy hotel, excellent staff, friendly and warm. Wonderful breakfast. One of the great hotels that I have visited. I hope to come back soon.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Buffet breakfast was great, lots of options.
    • Executive Suite Ocean View with Spa Bath

Booked this hotel for our honeymoon, which we clearly stated in our booking with them. We expected some personal touches in the room but there was nothing when we got there. A bit disappointing, as when we were in Cusco the 3-star hotel that we stayed in actually put some nice flower arrangement for us. So yeah, the facilities are whatever you expect of an executive room in a 5-star hotel but they definitely lack personal touches for their guests.

Buffet breakfast was great, lots of options. Staff were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Location is excellent, right in front of larcomar.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Pool was closed. For such a premium property, we would expect the pool to be open. Also, meals are too expensive.

Location is excellent, right in front of larcomar. Service was excellent. Concierge was excellent.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Excellent upmarket hotel in Miraflores
    • Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Brilliant staff - friendly, professional & efficient; excellent location with lovely sea views & close to the Larcomar shopping mall and some world class restaurants; the use of the executive lounge

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

amazing place to stay in Miraflores, Lima
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

we ended up staying in this place as we found that airbnb we booked was no longer the same when we arrived at 10:30pm. This place is amazing. Right in front of lacormar mall where there are a lot to eating places. All the main spots be it eating or fun places to hang around, its all near by. Amazing breakfast and great service. They packed breakfast for us when we went for out trips early in the morning.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Fantastic hotel in fantastic location
    • Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Executive room was great value for money. We had a really nice end room that was light and bright and extremely comfortable. The location is excellent and the view is amazing

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Business center impressed.
    • Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King Bed

We have little time so did not notice the shortcomings

Business center impressed. Went with a colleague on a business trip, everything was at the highest level. The Internet worked without complaints. The food is tasty. The rooms are clean.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Beautiful hotel, staff not at a standard expected at this level.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Reception staff was unfriendly and kurt (no eye contact, fake friendliness). It was like they were on auto pilot during checkin. Also they didn’t appear to be dressed smartly, hair/makeup etc). My partner left a purse in the safe, after we left. She was understandably stressed when she realised, but when she called the hotel the person was rude on the phone constantly interrupting her whilst she was talking. Not reassuring my partner at any point. It seems the women at this hotel treat my partner differently because she has a local Lima accent. They seemed to treat me at a different level. We both work in the hotel industry so we understand this subject maybe more than the laymen. They should be trained by the staff from Cusco Marriott. Different level of service we experienced there.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

No soundproof room with over 300 USD one night.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

When we got the first room, we had to change because of soundproof. We can hear the voice who speak on the phone and noisy of construction of the next room. We could not stand it so complain it to reception. The point I was disappointed of this hotel is reception staffs, nobody knows about construction, as a result we provided awful room. Thanks to that we re-packed luggage and replaced room one more time. The second room also has no soundproof, but fortunately there was no one in the next room. If you want to stay, Please use sweet room.

We can feel safety and comfortable during the staying. Breakfast is highly recommended. Location and view of room was fantastic. You can enjoy night view with any interruption. Cleaning staffs are also friendly and you can speak English without hesitation.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Very nice hotel, clean
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Very poor service from the staff The concierge was rude

Very nice hotel, clean The room was spacious with a beautiful view on the sea Fantastic breakfast !

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Wonderful as always!
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

The only way it would have been better is if my wife was with me and we stayed longer.

The best omelette anywhere. Best location in South America. I always enjoy staying at Marriott Hotel in Mira Flores, Lima.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Thank you JW Marriott!

It was pricey.

I took my wife for Valentines Day. The staff made the day very special for us. We stayed in the hotel for the 24 hpours and used all the facilities. Everything was at the highest possible standard.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

My first experience at this hotel and definitely not my last
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

From start to finish everything was perfect. Staff were incredibly attentive and engaging. Bedroom was so comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and spotless. Extended the stay by an extra four nights.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Fabulous.

Nothing at all.

The staff was amazing and caring. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and they made everything to make it unforgettable and it truly was. The hotel is excellent, the view breathtaking, the nikkei restaurant one of the best in town. All in all one of the best hotel stays I’ve ever experienced, and I travel a lot.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Inspiring
    • Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King Bed

The view is breathtaking and inspiring for body, mind and spirit. It's worth the price alone. The executive lounge is amazing with all meals and happy hour included when you book the executive suite. Great value and high level.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Beautiful property
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

The hotel seemed distantly removed from any attractions I wanted to see. I had to book transportation everywhere I went as little was within walking distance.

I booked a room with an ocean view. Spacious room with updated accommodations.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Improvement
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

The bar at the pool and the dinner place in the lobby is great and I would like if stay open late night

The view from the room was great, is split beetween the city and the sea. Staff really friendly the whole time. Breakfast was plenty and the food tasty. Th building is clean and looks brand new.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Extremely nice property with a fantastic staff at the JW!
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

The Sauna & Steam Room and locker facility were not very well maintained and maybe that is due to the fact that the gym has memberships or people who do not stay at the hotel. The pool should have a hot tub to enjoy late in the evening by the guests.

Location, Food & Value , ALL Staff, Room, View, Pool and the evening turn down service was very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Great place for a short stay
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

No free wifi in the rooms and the quality of connection was rather poor

Big spacious room, great ocean views, excellent location, breakfast was included into the price and was very diverse

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Good bar
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

This is a commercial hotel not deserving of the JW Marriott brand. It should simply be called Marriott. The staff is willing , but inexperienced. The concierges couldn't get a reservation at any of the popular restaurants. We did better in our own. The swimming pool is not heated and too cold to use. We would never stay here again. It is suitable for what the locals use it for, high school proms and airline crews.

Good bar A commercial techie hotel it’s dreadful guess all brown poorly decorated I would never as a result of this experience today at the J Marriott again it was less than awful

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Other than the pool being closed it was wonderful
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

I had been looking forward to swimming in the pool, but it was closed, even though it was very hot out.

the view, the staff, the breakfasts, the bar were all lovely. The gym was outstanding.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Highly recommend this hotel

Everything was great. Outdoor Pool does not have a heater

The breakfast is spectacular. The boardwalk area is fun and paragliding was a blast but for liability reasons hotel can’t book it for you.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2019

• Reviewed: August 14, 2019

The view

The view

• Reviewed: August 1, 2019

Just okay cancelled the last few days off to Santiago
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Big business hotel non exciting

Very impersonal Lima awful

• Reviewed: July 30, 2019

Staff were really friendly, location was great and rooms...

WiFi was very expensive

Staff were really friendly, location was great and rooms were really comfortable

• Reviewed: July 9, 2019

I did not like that hotel, they were very unfriendly

• Reviewed: July 5, 2019

super clean.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

there is nothing not to like

super clean. awesome view!! the bed is ridiculously comfortable!!

• Reviewed: June 30, 2019

Beautiful view and service

Beautiful view and service

• Reviewed: June 5, 2019

Concierge staff could be more enthusiastic and provide more...
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Concierge staff could be more enthusiastic and provide more accurate information.

Super nice

Pisco sour was too sour

Withstood the earthquake quite well. We swung only a bit on the 12th Floor.

Concierge not very helpful

Location. Good breakfast

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Beautiful hotel room with great view and wonderful staff.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

Beautiful hotel room with great view and wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

Location and friendly staff, excellent facilities.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Location and friendly staff, excellent facilities.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Lovely way to end our trip to Peru
    • Executive Suite Ocean View with Spa Bath

No drinking water in the room You have to keep asking.

Great location Lovely view from the window of the sea

• Reviewed: April 19, 2019

Location and brunch!

Everything was great!

Location and brunch!

• Reviewed: April 15, 2019

It was a enjoyable stay. I wish the restaurant serves better food and the wait staff more attentive
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

It is far from the historical center and sights.

The location was great for shopping.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2019

The Marriott Lima is a top hotel in the City with views of beaches, shopping centre and paragliders.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

The breakfast was really good with different stations for eggs, crepes etc. First class breakfast

• Reviewed: April 2, 2019

An excellent start to our travels in Peru, albeit very expensive

We had asked for a double bed and got 2 queen size

We were offered an upgrade to the top floor on arrival

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

Beautiful hotel in the best part of Lima!
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

The view of the ocean was magnificent and the area was charming. It was easy to find drivers to take us around.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

Great hotel, excelent location, very good value

Great hotel, excelent location, very good value

• Reviewed: March 8, 2019

Excellent location and views.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Inflexible check out policy.

Excellent location and views. Big rooms.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

• Reviewed: February 14, 2019

The very friendly and helpful staff

Amazing location.”

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

Great location great breakfast basic room for the money charged.
    • Prime Ocean View, Guest room, 1 King Bed

Room was basic for the money charged

Superb breakfast

• Reviewed: February 5, 2019

The noise in the bar.
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

The noise in the bar. The night of the Super bowl it was so painful I had to go to my room. There was no quite corner anywhere.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

The area very nice
    • Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean/City view

the very high price, which should be included breakfast

The area very nice