Reviews of City Garden Suites This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1158 A. Mabini Street, Ermita, Ermita, 1000 Manila, Philippines

#156 of 393 hotels in Manila

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

I like their breakfast especially the hungarian hotdog 😊😊😊...

This is my second time to stay in this hotel. My first visit, my room smells good however this second visit it didnt smell that good so I didnt know what would be the difference.

I like their breakfast especially the hungarian hotdog 😊😊😊 the hotel staffs are still the same

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

More adequate than amazing

The curtains and bedding appeared a little tired. The shower curtain also looked old. I wasn't confident i could get enough hot water for a bath and the toilet flush was malfunctioning as was the plug mechanism in the bath. The range of fresh fruit at breakfast was a bit limited. The hotel is not in a pretty location and some people might find it intimidating to walk about at night outside

staff pleasant and the dining area was bright and welcoming. Quite close to Robinsons shopping mall where it is cheap to catch a movie or eat out

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Good service, friendly people, good food

Not all of the Reception staff are customer orientated, some more concerned about representing the Hotel owners. Dont understand that are more ways to say no to a customer. In particular two young guys. I told the Manager that they need training. Ladies are okay.

Good service, friendly people, good food

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Good value for a short stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The bathroom is poorly designed as the rim on the bath allows water to run onto the floor when using the shower & we needed to get them to fix the mechanism that allows you to direct the water to bath or shower (which they did).

The room was fairly basic but comfortable, the staff were fairly helpful & the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

As always from the front desk to the room and restaurant...

The wifi is slow and l was not able to get my bank and credit card information. Needs a better wifi system.

As always from the front desk to the room and restaurant great. Staff throughout the hotel is great. Location is good, Robinson Mall is in walking distance,; 10 minute walk. Taxi ride from the hotel to anywhere else.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

We felt comfortable at City Garden Suites, we'll definitely recommend it to everyone.

Surrounding areas are not good, traffic always bad.

Excellent staff, excellent breakfast, excellent and very spacious lobby, newspaper available everyday and restaurant is also great.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Good down town location for long term stay if you desire very spacious accomodations.
    • Penthouse Suite Twin with Balcony

Wife complained floor very dusty. Bathroom was nice but wet shower floor VERY slippery. Really need anti-slip mats. Balcony wrapped around 3 sides of building but view is wasted without chairs & table to enjoy it. Dinner was good, though my BBQ pork rib was over done. Breakfast buffet bit high priced and limited selection. Omlet very good. I guess gas price makes taxi drivers take advantage if they can since only 1 in 4 used meter. Lucky I've been down these roads before and knew fair price to pay.

Stayed 1 night in penthouse, which is actually like staying in a big house way up high in the sky. Best if you stay for a week, since 1-night doesn't do it justice. It is HUGE! Has actual kitchen, but didn't see cooking stuff. Full size ref was cool, but empty. Easy enough and cheaper to get our own beer/soda from nearby stores. Casino, mall, & bars all nearby. Staff is helpful, friendly. Took almost hour from airport to hotel (foreigners' scenic tour), But only 30 min from hotel to airport using service roads and skyway.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Value for money, and location wise go from here, service and comfort, nah.. find something else..
    • Standard Twin Room

Reservation process, i clearly states that my sister will check in early, as my flight arrive late at night, i paid 1 nights in advance for the rooms, and inform the hotel that i will settle the remaining upon check-in my sister checked in, but the front desk agent let her pay and took the full payments of the rooms including the deposit, worse front desk agent did not gave her the other key of the room, they are kinda afraid that we will not pay, we had an agreement that remaining balance will be settle upon my arrival. i worked in hotel industry as Front desk agent as well, so i know how does it work, Front desk agent need more training and be flexible with different kinds of guests and situations. Room was too small for 2 twin bed, lighting was not good in the room, air- condition is noisy and not properly cooling, exhaust fan in the bathroom was very noisy, need to be fix. The towels was dirty and not color white anymore (dirty white) , indicates that has been recycle for a while, you need to change new towels to set up in the room. Transportation, i had hard time arranging our transportation, i asked the front desk agent to arrange us a transportation from hotel to the airport as our flight was early in the morning at 3am, that lady from the front (forgot her name), gave me the price right away without even trying first asking/giving me the details of my transportation, afraid that i will not pay. ( really,?) in fairness to the other front desk agent who check me out, she is more professional and she took care my check out process smoothly.

I like the location, and value for the money and their advertisement, but make it more realistic, as member of Booking.com, i rely on what booking.com suggest me. I am a frequent traveler, and i am looking into more affordable, yet comfortable stay. The front desk agent who assist me checking in that night was great 9she said she was just new and graduated from PUP), I had a fast and smooth check -in. Keep it up!

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

S disappointing hotel, not recommend
    • Superior Twin Room

Location : very polluted neglected area Restaurant : many curses not available. Very poor food standard. I all ways argue to charge the room , as they want only cash

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Rooms ok but service and for was poor.

Rooms were not what we asked for. Service was poor.

Original booking not available. Rooms are not what we asked for even after calling twice and asking at front desk about number of beds. Very unhappy with restaurant service and staff. Could not eat dinner the first night because they sat us down and never came back to take our order. When we asked for someone to find our waitress after 30 mins they told us they stopped serving food already.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

The buffet and restaurant is another reason for my staying...

The room was okay l have had better rooms before, but for 3 days it was okay.

The buffet and restaurant is another reason for my staying at City Garden. Good staff and the front desk is courteous knowledgeable .

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Reasonable rate, comfortable beds, I will come back again!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The sign of the hotel and the entrance lobby is not easy to see from the outside.

I like the 2 queen beds so comfortable, thank you! The food tastes good in the restaurant lobby, plus the friendly staff. The location is okay too! That's all I can tell for my one day stay.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Clean and spacious and good food on breakfst

There is still you need to pay once you check in.. we thought we already paid everything for our whole stay there..

Clean and spacious and good food on breakfst

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Our stay at City Garden Suites Manila is good. I would stay there again.

Slippers and bathrobe are not included,there is an available slipper but you have to pay for it. Snacks and drinks are also provided but you need to pay for it too. I have been to other 3 star hotels in manila and they provide slippers, 1 free snack and 1 free coke for each guest with free water bottle of course.

We love the location very near to robinsons manila and other fast food restaurants. Front desk staff are friendly and approachable. Buffet breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

nothing and won't come back

When i return and stayed for a couple of nights. the room they reserved for me didn't go my expectation. The toilet sink are not good. It mentioned there is a disposable slippers but you can find a slippers with prices that you need to purchase.

My 1st night they upgrade my room and it's good.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

very nice hotel and location

we got a connecting room so my husband cannot sleep well..he can hear noise from next room.

i like the room its clean and spacious..and staff are very accomodating.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Cool Hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Construction was going on. It was not a bother though and understandably to improve the hotel. I do suggest for the hotel to have available transport or shuttle services to the aiport.

The location--close to mall, stores, and parks--staff, price, breakfast, and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

It was ok but a little pricey for that small room.

Pillows are not really soft, it gives pain in my neck. Room was too small for superior room. The window was broken, the lock.

The toilet is ok and the cleanliness. The refrigerator is good

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

We have been asked for Php1000 for deposit but refundable...
    • Standard Twin Room

We have been asked for Php1000 for deposit but refundable after check out that was not included in the terms and condition. Also, we booked before the date to stay, the amount was 1920 vat included. But we paid 2150 with no reason. How about that we stayed with no extra cash? We booked since that the location of the fun run was near in Mall of Asia.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Excellent value. Clean hotel...close to attractions...friendly helpful staff.

Not much. Our view was not great but that was what we expected.

The beds are like new and provide perfect firm support. Staff are friendly and helpful. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel seems to be much improved since last year. Cleaner streets and far fewer panhandlers and homeless.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

The stay was quiet and distinct

The staff treated, cleanliness in general, the cleanliness of the rooms in particular, and the breakfast characteristically.

Everything in the hotel was comfortable, especially the management, staff, rooms and breakfast

The room is clean.
    • One Bedroom Suite Double

I came 2pm to check inn. But I waited so long for about 1 hour to check inn. While they were processing my check inn they didn't gave me what room I booked. First they give me a non-smoking room but i booked a smoking room. Second, they didn't give me the room i booked. They give me a different room because they say there is no available room that i booked. I said I want a smoking room because that is the room i booked and then i waited again and finally they gave me a smoking room. I felt disapointed because i booked it already and expected to check inn with no hassle and expected to get the room i reserve but i didn't happened. I hope it wont happen again next time.

The room is clean. The bed is very comfortable and the breakfast is nice.

Trapped and ripped off!

The facility was an absolute disgrace. The room was filthy and the bathroom was worse! When I arrived at the hotel I was surprised because it was nothing like the nice glossy photos represented on Booking. Com. I requested to inspect the room before I committed to the full period of 5 days. Unfortunately I arrived late to the Hotel otherwise I would have walked straight back out the front door and gone somewhere else. I requested another room but of course there were none available. I advised the Night Manager that I would only be staying for one night because of the conditions. I later went to the restaurant for dinner, I ordered a 3 course meal and waited and waited. 45 minutes later the meal arrived and I mean arrived! The whole 3 courses! And cold! Check out! To top everything off the next morning because I was checking out early I was stung by an extra days payment. I explained to the Manager the reason that I was leaving early was because of the state of the establishment. Her comment was simply "its policy Sir"! Well I advised her as politely as possible what she could do with her Policy and left. Never again!

Not one thing!!

Mediocre
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I stayed here with my sister for 2 days. There was an ongoing construction at the lobby area so it was sort of noisy and dusty. We got a deluxe twin room. The size was great but the whole area was a bit grimy. It looks great on pictures but very different in actual.. The tile floor was old and stained. The toilet was also old and had dirty marks. The towels were roughed and smells. I can’t even dare to use it to wipe my face cause it looks unclean. I was also annoyed with the cleaners because they were very noisy. The girl at the cafe/restaurant front desk wasn’t paying attention to my needs. She was doing her hair and make up. When i was leaving the cafe, i smiled at her and said thank you but she didn’t even responded, she just stared at me.

The receptionist (check in/out) and guards were friendly and accommodating. The food servers were also great. Our complimentary breakfast was worth it. The food was delicious.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Worth every penny😉 but bacon please...😁
    • Standard Twin Room

Need more parking spaces. But staff were kind enough to assist the guests to look for parking spaces.

The breakfast buffet is delicious.. add some bacon pleassssseee...😊 very polite staff.. clean rooms.. definitely worth every penny. Thank you so much!😘

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Your stays comes with a free buffet breakfast and the place...

There’s ongoing construction during my stay that’s why I was moved to a smoking room to avoid the noise. The room still has the tobacco smell which made me uncomfortable. :(

Your stays comes with a free buffet breakfast and the place is very near Roxas Blvd.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

A good value for you money

There was long time between room cleanings and they forgot to big towers a couple of times

Very quiet and located in a convenient place. Even though there was construction, you didn't hear a thing. Also, every was nice and polite. The problem with the towels was due to weahter more the the house keeping staff

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

I like the hotel room smells good and clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn't like the carpet on the floor in my hotel room though it looks clean, I can see the stain and it makes me not want to step on it. There's no slippers as well. They can probably upgrade it into a wood floor.

I like the hotel room smells good and clean. The breakfast is okay. It was a heavy meal. I like it a lot when you enter the lobby because of the air-conditioner is cold and it makes me feel comfortable. I will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

I like the staff from reception, lobby to housekeeping they...

What i don't like is the toilet bowl, it is very small for me, feel uncomfortable to sit. Buffet not too much selection specially for muslim. 10 days i was here 10 days i am eating omelet egg, toast and cereal for breakfast their staff also good. Aside from that everything is good.

I like the staff from reception, lobby to housekeeping they are really very good. The bed are comfortable and room is clean.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Service with a smile😊😊😊
    • One Bedroom Suite Twin

There was a construction going on during our stay. We were told it will be done by August. The foul odor at the lobby due to construction is unbearable which i think cannot be avoided.

The place is very convenient. Everything was almost walking distance. I stayed there with my nephew for a total of two weeks and we both like the location due to distance where we would like and need to go. It was during my niece's wedding at Ermita Church which is located just across the street. Its also convenient to Robinson Mall. Its like a 10 minute walk. The money changer is just next door and we feel secured everytime we need some pesos. Taxis are easily available if you need to go places. The staffs are very helpful and courteous from the moment you check in, to bringing your luggages to your room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Aaron and Dante (?)were very attentive to details each time we asked for our room to get clean. Their breakfast buffet is not so bad. But for the amount of time we stayed there we started craving for some other Filipino breakfast food which when we ask the server, Kevin, who for majority of our stay took care of our needs will ask the chef if its possible for them to prepare it so we end up ordering extra which was aside from their daily breakfast buffet. They are so attentive to filling up our coffee, etc. Servers are all ready to serve with a smile. Receptionists already remembered our name due to i think we're the longest that stayed there.☺ Carlo and their manager at the front desk, can't recall her name, were so prompt with our request to see their penthouse and they gladly showed it to us. Overall our stay was so comfortable due to location, staff and price is reasonable. And because of that, before we left the hotel we already book for our stay in December. I recommend this place if you're looking for a place to stay while you're in Manila. Its not a five star hotel but five star in service. Always with a smile!😚***** Thank you City Garden Suites. Keep it up!

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Refurbishment in progress, the cost of the stay should reflect the conditions and standard.

No good value for money. Woken by front desk to check mini bar. Noisy radios carried by staff, resulting in loud conversations very early in the morning.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Great place to stay!
    • Penthouse Suite Twin with Balcony

I will book the Penthouse again.. it's really worth it and exceeded my expectation! Although it's only me and my gurl who stayed at the hotel, our relatives were able to visit and spend time with us, place is so spacious!

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Convienient place to stay with good breakfast and wonderful staff
    • Superior Twin Room

Dont like sunflower shower at all--- very hard to control and water goes all over the floor outside the tub---- please go back to hand held shower heads Stayed for 6 nghts but booked solid so i couldnt change to a different room with just one bed

Nice beakfast buffett every morning, wonderful staff, very clean , close to places i want to visit

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Super hotel

Everything was good.

Great location near Manila bay. Walking distance to Intramuros. Staff were attentive. Breakfast was delicious and a great selection on offer. Large room and good wifi. We stayed 2 nights but would have comfortably stayed longer if needed. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

good! except for free wi-fi

Free wi-fi in our room is not working. I feel bad when my allergic rhinitis attacked i smell smoke cigarette outside our room.

I like the food, comfy bed, the staff are friendly & accomodating.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

It's okay. It's not super bad but there were better hotels in the area.

First off, the smell of the entire hotel from the lobby to the buffet area and even in my room was not okay. I know that my room was smoking but they should have sprayed something to neutralize the smell for the next customer. I always request for smoking room anywhere I go and this one reminded me so much of Sogo, unlike Lotus Garden Hotel and Best Western Hotel where the smoking rooms smell clean. The room was also very small. It's hard for me not to compare because I really liked the rooms I got from Lotus and Best Western. I think that if you're on a budget and you don't mind eating breakfast outside, go to Go Hotel Ermita or even Eurotel which I think serves breakfast. They're both closer to Robinsons Place Manila than City Garden.

The breakfast buffef was the best out of the 3 hotels in Ermita that I've been to. So if you don't care much about the room and you like breakfast so so much like me, their buffet was really the best. Staff was very polite and attentive too.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The breakfast variety is very appropriate to all kinds of...

For our 2nd day the staff made up our bed but didn't replace the supplies (slippers, toothbrush, tissue, shampoo and body wash) we had to call them and ask for it. Some instructions regarding our baggage wasn't followed correctly.

The breakfast variety is very appropriate to all kinds of tourist. The staff during breakfast is very accommodating.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The staffs and buffet breakfast were the best but If I were to be asked, i will not come back here.
    • Superior Twin Room

Pictures from internet were better than the actual.

Aside from the very good and accomodating staffs, The buffet breakfast (was average but) was the only best experience i could say during our stay

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

The one makes me happy is the staff very friendly , helpful...

I booked junior suite with kitchenette...., room smelly at kitchenette area...., tv signal very bad...

The one makes me happy is the staff very friendly , helpful during check in and out .

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

The staff friendly , bed comfortable and good location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Couldn’t watch the telly , remote control not working. Asked for assistance and he didn’t comeback well actually it doesn’t matter it was already late in the evening.

The staff friendly , bed comfortable and good location.couldnt

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Nice one day stay, walking distance to Robinsons, Jolibee and more happy places, like Mcdos, Max.

Only the location, my friends were scared when i give them the address, but when you get to the property , you are safe, i have been to other hotels close to the airport, this property is way better,

Excellent breakfast buffet, staff were at hand for coffee and water, courteous and neat staff, easy check in and out , clean rooms

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

I wanna go back there someday with my husband
    • Standard Twin Room

I was in the 4th floor I smell the cigarette right there..although there is a sign no smoking but still the guest did...

Nice hotel, foods, friendly staff... the place was close to where I wanna go...like st. Lukes extension and the robinsons ermita...overall excellent!

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Value for money. Good location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Was not accomodated immediately even if there was already a notice of early check in. There was even a group of guests who arrived later than we were but was prioritized over us even if my companion is a senior citizen. There are no slippers available in the room.

The room and the food.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Relaxing and value for money!

Some facilities at the gym were defective

Staff is friendly and attentive. I printed some materials and it was for free! The massage chair at the gym was great!

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

It was near to the place that we were going also near to...
    • Standard Twin Room

In the website they said they have bathtubs but in our room we only have a shower.

It was near to the place that we were going also near to robinsons and other restaurants.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Staffs were accomdating,room was excellent.

No shower cap availabe but it's not a big deal. The security in the lobby is very friendly. He kept on asking personal questions like where is exactly your address. He even asked my friend 'Sir,you'll not gonna sleep over?' when he is about to went home bcoz he just visited me and we stayed in the lobby. The guard wasn't contented at all,when I was about to get inside in the hotel 'he asked me again,where are you working in abroad?'. I think it's unprofessional for a guard to ask personal questions to your guest. The incident was reported already to the FO.

Staffs were accomdating,room was excellent. it was clean and huge

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

all most perfect

the only thing i didnt like ,was the shower was too small ...iam a big bloke

every thing was great ...staff so freindly ...food was good ..rooms were good and very clean

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

My short stay is very good.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The Breakfast is good but only 2 persons is allowed for breakfast. I've paid extra for my kid who is with me. Room amenities is set-up for 2 people only, i mean the towel set-up.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Other than unattended noisy kids on are floor . Great polite staff and excellent food variety for br

When we book a hotel from internet and ate foreigners after late flight we want to relax and sleep. Don't book a couple on floor with young kids all around us. Better planning. Even asked for a different room but was booked. Little kid kept knocking on our door while sleeping called front desk oh it's just housekeeping bringing you towels no if you communicated you would know we got towels. My wife asked where are your parents he was lost but housekeeper took kid and found parents. Rest of day room next door and across hall both had young kids running and yelling unattended all day in halls and doors open beep beep beep sounds. Difficult to sleep.

Housekeeping exceptional service.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Love staying at City Gardens. Would rent other hotels but at the end will end up there.
    • Standard Twin Room

That I wasnt aware that they had an airport shuttle bus and when I was inquiring the day I was leaving they said I had to book one day in advance and no recommendation was adviced to me, i went to Citistate to inquire and they said thwy are fully booked but Lotus Garden can help me out for they are sister company wirh City Gardens.

The staff is very friendly and always willing to go way and beyond. The manager Jovelle is an excellant manager, I commended her and her staff for there outstanding services.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Location was good and bed comfortable and good air-con.

Breakfast needs more choice if hotel wants to attract more western visitors - they do have egg station but no staff waiting to serve you unless you ask the staff and then wait for some one to cook eggs .

Location was good and bed comfortable and good air-con. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Overall a pleasant one night stay.

Poor water pressure in the shower with luke warm water at the hottest setting.

Room was clean & neat + air conditioner and wifi worked well. The staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

I definitely will not come back to this hotel!
    • Standard Twin Room

1.Poor service staff. They won't help with your bags even if they are three guys there opening the door for you. 2. The receptionist/front desk girl were slow and i had a bad experience. She texted me while I was out that night watching a concert asking what time I am coming back to the hotel. I thought and asked if there was a curfew because it was only 8:55 and the concert was about to finish yet. She said there's none and she just wanted my son's id so she could encode it to their system. It was so irritating My! I really thought they have a curfew for their guest, before i checked in we agreed already that my son, the occupant of the 2nd room we reserved, will give her his ID as soon as he arrives, and besides the 2 rooms were already paid because booking.com has charged my son's card as soon as our booking was confirmed (which was to my surprise, it should not be the case). Anyway, the front desk girl apologized in her text and told me there was no curfew but she only wanted to have my son's id for encoding ( as if tatakas kami, eh fully paid na accomodation namin me 1k cash deposit pa!) 3. The housekeeping were slow.it took them more than an hour to finish cleaning up our 2nd room 4. Check in time is 2pm. I requested for an early check in of 1pm which they didn't allow. We arrived 3pm and the rooms were not yet ready!

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Always Stay Here

I have been going to city garden suites from 2013 to the present. Always been excited about coming back. Staff are professional and courteous. My room was upgraded. Buffet is another reason l like CITY GARDEN.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

the bacon was crispy, the bed was nice and the staff were...

I arrived at 5:30 am but they said that my room wasn't available til 2 pm, I asked for an early check in and they said its available but didn't explain until I've paid that its only available at 9 am (TBF they managed to get me in a little before 9 am) I then requested if I could just eat breakfast and was charged for it since I only paid for one night in the room, I don't mind paying but it just felt like I wasn't well informed unless I already in the middle of it or agreeing to doing it. The staff were lovely but it just felt like they were told to withhold information unless the customer asks a specific question; final example would be the day after when I asked if late check out was possible, I was told by the reception early in the morning on the phone that they can give me til 2 pm. I got a call at 12:30 by another person at the reception only asking me one word without even a greeting "uhm checkout?" I explained that the previous gentleman told me that late checkout was possible til 2 pm, she then said alright thank you miss, I asked if this was an issue and if they were going to charge me, she sighed and said "yes ma'am we will charge you half the room rate for late check out" ...I'm not sure if this is a reoccurring issue but it definitely felt like they were just trying to make money by hidden fees. Disappointing behavior. I hope it gets better.

the bacon was crispy, the bed was nice and the staff were very polite and gracious thru out my stay.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

disappointed and angry

I was disappointed with dishonesty of certain staff. I forgot few clothes hanged in the closet, I called and they said its already handed over to the lounge. When I came back my coat was not there, only blouses. its a hollister coat missing. They are saying that I might wore it and forgot outside. I told them how can I wear a coat in a hot weather? 40-41’c? reported to the manager and said they will investigate through cctv which until now no news as to whereabout of my coat as we are now back in London.

the place and reception staff were good

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Your place is nice, but your shower is bad. I will probably not come back again .
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower. It is not user friendly as water splatter all over and out of the tub. It becomes so messy in the bathroom. It is also hard to control the temperature of the shower. It is no good and we did not like it.

Very well set for breakfast & is relaxing.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Perfect except for the staff at the front desk
    • Penthouse Suite Twin with Balcony

The staff at the lobby desk were not that accommodating and does not tend immediately to what the client needs. I recommend them for a costumer service training.

The room was nice and comfy

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

A very good hotel and So good to stay in.
    • One Bedroom Suite Double

It's unfortunate, an excellent hotel like the City Garden Suites do not have a swimming pool.

The staff extremely friendly from beginning from the receptionists to the room cleaners. The restaurant well recognized and the breakfast hall is delicious.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Great hotel for visiting the local area.
    • One Bedroom Suite Double

Gym at hotel is very poor......squashed into a bedroom basically and is out of date.

Well placed for visiting the local area to go to many tourist spots and restaurants.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Very rough start but finished okay!
    • Standard Twin Room

Management needs to manage the rooms properly and accordingly to the booking.com reservation system. The original room I reserved was not available and I was put in a terrible room with a broken aircon. I almost canceled the whole thing! The staff made it right and was very helpful throughout my time there. Breakfast was at best average. Location was not too appealing. I'm surprised this Hotel is rated a three star. Not sure if I would ever come back unless I was compensated for their mistake. The front office staff need to be trained to take care of their guests and not make things worst. Put the customers first or lose them to another Hotel.

I liked that fact I was upgrading to the deluxe room which was nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. We started off a little rocky. The room I reserved was not available, and I was first put into a smoking room with a broken aircon and room was unsanitary messy. I called the staff to immediately complain and was upgraded to a deluxe *(which at first they tried to charge me for the upgrade, even as it was their fault.)

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

It worked out but, not very pleased

They waited until the last minute to email letting me know that my fiancee would not be able to stay at the City Gardens....... They changed her reservation to the Lotus Gardens...... I was very unhappy with this as I did not book (had email with confirmation number) Lotus Gardens, I booked City Gardens !!!!! The very "last minute" email was very disrespectful.... Even tho, she was ok with her room and breakfast at Lotus Gardens, I will never be booking a stay at City or Lotus Gardens !!!! If I book a certain motel, that is where I expect to stay, especially when they have sent me a confirmation number !!!!!

I booked this place for my fiancee. She said, the breakfasts were really nice and the room was comfortable. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Excellent, central location, fine facilities, value for money - thank you.

We had no grumbles - we appreciated the value for $$

We appreciated the central location, so handy to nearby attractions, including of course, Manila Bay. The staff were helpful, and ensured we were comfortable, and likewise, attended to our transport needs from the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Excellent!
    • Standard Twin Room

The location is just a walking distance from the mall. Lots of restaurants nearby. The hotel service and rooms were great and also the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Nothing to shout about
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast choices limited. The bathroom shower not working properly. Location is bad. There is nothing nearby except 7-11 and night club opposite. There is only one massage centre Nuat Thai next door but looks dodgy. Experience in Iloilo way better.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Worth a penny.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not much gym equipment but it's okay. Noise upstairs can be heard from my room. I guess furniture being moved. Security wasn't tight. Had to go out around 3AM and there's one security personnel manning the entrance.

Buffet breakfast was amazing. Not a lot choices, but I still enjoyed it. Ate a lot of fruits and cereals. Pasta served was amazing. Bed was comfortable. Spacious room.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Proximity to Robinson's Place Manila and Manila Bay.

Toiletries not enough. Old towels. Small tv without Hd channels.

Proximity to Robinson's Place Manila and Manila Bay. Many pubs outside. But it's Holy week during our stay so most establishments were closed. Good breakfast with omelette station.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Best breakfast that we had during our 23 day trip in the...
    • Standard Twin Room

When we got the room, the bed was clearly just made with clean sheets. But when we opened the sheets, there was a big brown stain, which should have been spotted by the cleaner. However, when we showed a picture of the stain to the ladies at the front desk, they were embarrassed and had it fixed as soon as possible.

Best breakfast that we had during our 23 day trip in the Philippines. The "lobby-experienced" could match a 4-star hotel.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Clean rooms however noisy from upper room disturbs sleep.

1. The hotel non smoking room haa no window view but just an ugly back of the building. 2.Poor and late of service for the lunch. Wrongly prepared ordered. 3. Noisy upper floor as you can not rest well as you can hear repair ongoing upper room and some noise from movements of objects.

1.I like the cleanliness of the hotel and the accommodating receptionist. 2.breakfast included salad and fruits which I liked the most.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

My second time to stay there as staff Friendly familiar

Staff making too much noise outside rooms, very loud guests next door to my room. My room half the time i stayed wasnt serviced, by the time cleaners came it would be 4 or 5pm in the afternoon when i returned from my rounds.

Front desk were very proffessional

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

great stay as usual

my phone was out of serivce i wish they care more for maintanance

i had great stay and fine time special thank to all staff specially to kamili and mela in the reception they helped me a lot to satisfy all my needs

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

good experience
    • Standard Twin Room

I think it's fine though they missed to put towels in the room/bathroom

we only stayed to sleep 12midnigt to 6:30 am, we did'nt have the time to stroll around

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

I had a nice time.
    • Standard Twin Room

Buffet breakfast needs improvement as far as food choices is concern.

Location. Close to the airport & shopping malls. Reasonably priced. Staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

The size of bed in the room in the advertisement is a let down. as well as the actual room itself.

In this particular room - 319, there is unpleasant odor left(when the description on your ad says it is a non smoking room). flooding water coming from bath to toilet(soaking wet). inappropriate description of your ad describing that the room fits 2 adults plus 2 children(i never slept on a hotel floor before).

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

I have stayed 2 times in the last year and similar experience both times, not a good one !

Front desk Staff not efficient at all,it's like they don't expect guest, you always wait for rooms, Towels are old and rough, breakfast is terrible.

Location is idea