Reviews of CityState Tower Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1315 A. Mabini Street, Ermita, Ermita, 1000 Manila, Philippines

#274 of 315 hotels in Manila

6.2

6.2

• Superior Queen Premium

It is near the mall and restaurants and convenient stores. i also like their buffet breakfast, my bf preferred the buffet breakfast menu on our first morning (because there is adobong manok) than our 2nd morning due to lack of meat on the 2nd day. will definitely stay again soon. we also walked outside going to robinsons mall and some korean restaurants. i like the cafe also in the hotel ground, we ordered leche flan and hot chocolate :)

• Superior Queen Premium

I reserved to have a parking for my car. which i wasnt able to... You should have more food choices..

everyone greeted you when you pass all the employee. Everyone was helpful...

• Superior Queen Premium

The breakfast was not to a very high standard and you had to order from a set breakfast menu. There were however slight choice changes in each category. The quantity was low and I had to make my own instant coffee with hot water and a coffee sache provided. Because it was not on my selected choice of menu I had to pay extra when I asked for toast and marmalade and another instant coffee. To make matters worse the shower and wash hand basin in our bathroom didn't work very well and there was almost no hot water just slightly warm. The wash hand basin and the shower tray took many minutes to drain the water away and there was no basin plug to the retain the water fir shaving. BE WARNED THE MONEY IS STILL REMOVED FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT AT THIS STAGE.

The two rooms + the bathroom was spacious and clean and provided a decent view of the sea front. THIS ITEM SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED IN THE BOX FOR WHAT DIDN't YOU LIKE. There was an appalling mix up with (Travel Book.ph) and the hotel. The total cost of our proposed 4 day stay after checking was taken from my bank account by Travel Book but apparently the hotel was not advised??? We arrived at midnight day 1 and the next morning the hotel staff said actually you have no reservation and we had to pay for the full 4 day booking, strangely the night before the staff on duty said we had paid . They were unable to check their emails or phone Travel Book because there was a problem on their land line phone system. In the end after more than 2 hours of arguing a member of the staff was persuaded to use her own very ancient and basic cell phone to contact Travel Book because I could not get through on my iPhone and no reply to my emails. The latter (T B) could not establish the problem but stated they had cancelled my transaction. The hotel then wanted paying for the 1 night and about a 20% increase on the original quotation for the next 3 days. So all in all not happy after wasting more than 4 hours of my day getting nowhere and expensive calls to my English bank.

• Superior Queen Premium

It was too loud during the night we stayed. We could hear the music and continued till midnight, not even sure if it’s from the bar downstairs or if there’s any bar beside the hotel. Also, maybe they aren’t familiar with flat screen tv. They still use the thick and old tv model.🙄

The room was spacious.

• Superior Queen Room

Mattress was a bit uncomfortable as you can feel the springs and you should not.......lol Food to be more tasty..........Sorry

Class of the staff .....and shuttle service to the airport

• Superior Queen Room

No room safe in all rooms. Having to use the safety dep box system at reception a bit annoying

Location is very handy for the sikat bus service to puerto galera

• Superior Twin Room

You did not provide good lighting at the front mirror, you cannot put on your make up properly because the lighting is dim, your hallway is warm

the room

• Deluxe Twin Premium

There shouldve extra rags on the bath and shower cap and slippers ready..

I liked staying there..i feel secure safe..our belongings were safe..staff are polite..specially at dining area..they really are attentive to the needs of everyone who dines.

• Superior Twin Room

Quite noisy from bars and traffic from outside, had room with window to the main street.

Very nice and friendly. Room and bed comfortable. Bathroom as well.

Rooms looking outdated and bedding very worn and sheets too short to cover entire mattress. Aircon noisy and just about works. Very noisy traffic even with windows closed. Very long narrow corridors where all the room staff and there trolleys congregate. Bell boys never brought luggage up but expected tip for taking from reception 5yds to taxi. Had two emails off Hotelbookings.com saying that I needed to update credit card details as hotel could not take deposit only to find from both credit card companies that there was no attempt by Hotel to take the money in the first place this was obviously as we found out on arrival at the hotel because they wanted cash and 1000 peso deposit on the room which is more than the entire room furnishings are worth.

Reception area was really nice. Food for breakfast was nice.Shame about the rest of Hotel

• Deluxe Twin Room

The morning breakfast suppose to be free but found out the first day that it didn't include our 2 children. Also there was only 2 bath towels for a room that was booked for 4 people and was told there was an extra charge for additional towels.

Located near several tourist spots

• Deluxe Twin Premium

The Stewardess in b’fast not meet the service expectation. The wifi disrupted most of time; the bathroom always flooding after shower; the bedsheet n comforter make us feel like skin allergic; the air cond in the room not so chill.

I like The staffs, especially the front desk, the room cleaner, as well as the security.I Like the location.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I feel uncomfortable the days I stay. I'm very disappointed my acomodation. What I expectation is inside te room is I choose the higher price of my acomodation. But this is not I expect from the picture I see it, that day I do my booking. When arrived and I fell uncomfort of my staying also my acomodation. And also of one guest is too bad and nobody checking to the guest. This hotel needs only guest money.I'm sorry to telling this

Need more space in room. Need more confy

• Deluxe Twin Room

hotel smells bad and even though we rqstd an upper level the room has no view. children wants to watch fireworks on new year’s eve but nothing. in room food delivery is bad at nighttime waited for an hour and food is already cold when delivered..what is that? ..will not recommend this hotel to anybody

close to robinsons mall

• Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast could be better. The hotel will only give two people free breakfast even if you book for family of four.

Everything was good except breakfast standard.

• Superior Queen Room

Breakfast is more like a lunch and no pancakes if you like for your breakfast have to pay ,you have to get the internet pw everyday as well the breakfast have to go to the front everyday If looking for a hotel best western would meet expectations

Sinple

We chose to stay at the hotel because the ferry to Mindoro we had to take the next morning had a package with bus and ferry leaving from the City State Hotel. We were very disappointed with our stay. We had to change our room 2 TIMES. The first time they gave us a room that was already occupied and in the second room the aircon was not working. In our final room, the noise from outside was almost unbearable, but we were too tired to ask for another change. Breakfast was average at best, and dining option very limited, with one of the restaurants being literally in the lobby in front of the reception, in a very loud and disturbing atmosphere. In short, I would never stay there again, not even for the comfort of being so close to the transport options.

The dumplings at the Italian restaurant in the Hotel were good.

• Superior Twin Premium

Staff were preoccupied with flirting with other guess and delaying the check in process.

Wasn't a nice experience at this hotel. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Superior Queen Room

I have nothing I can point out as bad

It was close to my transportation to other side on the Philippines. They actually have Si Kat booth in the hotel near the reception.

• Superior Twin Room

It seems Google Map placed that hotel in the wrong location. I booked this hotel because it was one block away from the business location. The hotel is run-down. Old beds, towels and blankets need replacing.

Friendly and accommodating staff.

• Superior Queen Premium

Not much variety for the Breakfast. If you are travelling with a foreign husband there should be an option to choose from.European ofcourse prefer an European breakfast.

It's located in the center.

• Superior Twin Room

Its ok for what it is in balance of price and offer

Its a Hotel where I come many time and years . Its a good strict but very friendly organised Hotel

Booking.com did not email me the real price so I was surprised I was paying a higher rate at the hotel. Our bed was really bad, woke up with back aches. Pillows were very hard. Breakfast didn't have much variety.

I like the fact that it was near my convention place, Manila Hotel. Easy access to drug stores & restaurants.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Room size, poor Internet. Noise at night due to load Kyreoki. Occupied by very old westerns with very young asia girls. Not a place for family.

Not much we like

We choose a more expensive Room this Time but nothing more then the Standard Room no Safe 2-bottels of Water only the first Day the Room was just a little bit bigger then the Standard not worth the extra Money

The bed was confy

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

No windows in many rooms; those that do have windows, the view is often of a beat-up building next door.

Cleanliness, breakfast quantity and quality and perfect location to get the bus/ferry to Puerto Galera.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Superior Twin Room

I was a previous customer when I was still an employee of the Bureau of Plant Industry- the reason I chose your hotel because I was satisfied then ...

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The bed was lumpy with springs and very hard, not comfortable at all. The air conditioner was loud and sounded like an old compressor. There is no safe in the room which is quite standard anywhere else I have stayed.

Location was okay with a great mall near by, a couple of small unique bars and a great music venue, Cowboy Grill, had lots fun there. The basic decor of the hotel is nice and seems to be well kept. Room was actually nice but with some functional problems. Seemed have good security.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Superior Queen Room

too many porters trying to get a dollar out of you. Too many porters in Phillipines as a whole. I can carry my own bags. I have lugged them across airports no big deal lugging them across a hotel lobby

this property is ok nice staff good location

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Having my credit card dinged twice for the total amount of the stay, so far for almost two weeks, even when my guest payed cash upon check in.

Clean, roomy hotel rooms.

• Superior Queen Room

NO SLIPPERS AVAILABLE OUT OF STOCK! NO COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED WATER! NO TOOTHPASTE AND TOOTHBRUSH YOU HAVE TO CALL THE HOUSEKEEPING TO REQUEST FOR IT OR PROBABLY THEY ARE IN COST CUTTING.

WALKING DISTANCE FROM MALL AREA. STAFF ARE POLITE BUT NOT ALL.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The bed and the air conditioner

Location. Initial appearance was good but the mattress in room 908 was well and truly past it's use by date. Sagging and uncomfortable. The air conditioner would ice up after a few hours of continued use and stop working by morning.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The food service was horrible always cold no matter. The staff with the daily tickets for breakfast & wifi. You have to constantly chase them down for your free vouchers daily. The room service for food should at least come back to pick up the dishes. Or have an area guest can place them. It takes them 20-45 minutes to deliver food whether in the restaurant or if residents order from the room. The food should at least be hot not cold. The room cleanliness should be attended too more thoroughly. The fridge was dirty the whole time from check-in until departure. The toilets, sinks, and shower were barely or never wiped down. Dusting of the room was never done. The whole service and accommodations to the guests in the areas specified can definitely use major improvements.

The location is nice due to not being far from shopping center & the embassy.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Needs some modernisation, we were on the 11th floor and the room isn't been upgraded since the 80's. Also it is too expensive for what you get. Very small bed

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Withouting watching TV, even donot touch remotes for 5 days, hotel claimed us because it got lost when checked out! Who knows who take it out? not only us, hotel has room card. One remote deserved php1,500.00?! So ridiculours! It is around CNY210.00, I can buy 5 pcs in China. I will think twice on choosing hotel next manila trip. The bed and pilliow are too soft, fell tired after sleeping.

I like the breakfirst and breakfirst staff. Also the christmas decoration in lobby.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Superior Queen Premium

The room was clean-ish and very dark. The air conditioner was very noisy, but it drowned out the noise of the bars on the street outside, so that was kind of a blessing. I stayed in a "deluxe" room. I dread to think what a "standard" room is like. The breakfast hall can't cope with many people. Breakfast was packed and disorganised. I was shouted at for stacking up plates so I could sit down and eat.

Location was good for SIKAT bus/ferry to Puerto Galera. Bus leaves from the hotel. It's pretty cheap. Free WiFi.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The effevmciency of the staff. Tim be told they will come and collect our luggage in 5 minutes then when we called again after 15 minutes to be told they could not come as they were eating. I feel this is totally unacceptable service in any hotel

Inside the entrance and reception was nice

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The staff in front desk they are not so helpful,uninformative and show no interest in there job,the reason why we have to check out early.

The people that work to the retaurant and room boy they are so friendly

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The staffs are friendly and kind. I suggested that maybe you could add on more selections of food for breakfast. But all went well. Had a nice stay though only for one night. We'll get back soon! 😊

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

The Buffet Breakfast was a little under done and poorly presented with very little choice .. The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor which caused a mini flood !!

The Location suited our purpose for that 10 out 0f 10...

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Air conditioner too noisey to sleep poor brealfast mattress so soft I slept on the floor they include a 10 % service charge sorry but if I get great service I will tip I wont be forced to pay a service charge Do the staff get this charge Im betting they dont

Staff attitude was very good Location

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Superior Queen Room

more tables at breakfast, though it was particularly busy

rooms are good and very clean, food downstairs is wondeful, staff are good, location is on a main street so transport is good, music bars nearby

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

upstairs rooms are very noisy due topfloor restaurant. Windows poor on street side rooms. Very simple and limited breakfast.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Nice location near mall and sea.

hotel and staff

Location,cleanliness,friendly.

Could not find any faults.

Great location. Lovely staff.

Easy access to everything

Clean

Good location. Very accessible

• Superior Queen Room

Better if there could be 2 or more sachets of shampoo/conditioner.

Easy check in and out.

The room is old

Lovation is good

only 1 pillow per bed

Bed is not acceptable

Staff was responsive to our needs

• Superior Queen Room

No window, small room, everything old, no facilities (gim, swimming), no wi-fi in room, few TV chanals

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast selection had run out of items

Average pricing.

• Superior Queen Premium

Housekeeping very late to attend.

• Superior Queen Room

The hotel is a bit tired and needs to be refreshed.

Location was good. The bed was comfortable.

• Superior Twin Room

the hotel have a wierd smell.

staff are nice,

the hotel lobby smell very bad also the room

The drainage for the toilet and shower didn't drain. Internet in to room didn't work and the bed was short sheet'ed.

• Superior Queen Room

Its a hotel come already many years. Its a good hotel and price and Quality in good balance

See other review

• Superior Queen Room

Rooms on higher floors could do with a refurb. Getting tatty. But still ok

Reasonable price, good ares for where we wanted to go

Had everything you needed

Very loud at night.

Good for a trip with the Si Kat bus to Puerto Galera. Nice Personal, good restaurant.

• Superior Queen Room

The lobby smells stinky. And the choice of music should be classy like jazz, bosanova or standard

The location is strategic

EVERY THING......STAYED MANY TIMES .....ALL GOOD

Rules that are not written in the contract or rules and regulations of the hotel

• Superior Twin Room

Facilities. The hotel smelled cigarette smoke.

Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

BREAKFAST BUFFET

• Superior Twin Premium

the staff was very kind and friendly

ROOM WITH A WINDOW

GRADUALLY LIKED THE LOCATION

Old rooms and far better value to be had elsewhere

Close to facilities I needed

The room has no view

Very good service, very accommodating taff

Excelent location