Reviews of Pan Pacific Manila This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

M. Adriatico Corner Gen. Malvar Streets, Malate, Malate, 1004 Manila, Philippines

#28 of 315 hotels in Manila

• Executive King Room

Very friendly and helpful hotel staff, clean and spacious room with comfort bed. Variety of breakfast selection. Strategic location with shopping mall and restaurants just few steps away from hotel. Overall great services provided by hotel staff, will come back again.

• Superior Twin Room

hope they can also accommodate / have more options for ala carte breakfast for those of us who just need a quick grab and go breakfast for the family. It would also be nicer if there were some kid-friendly facility/ies. no kiddie pool nor playground.

Pool and gym area provides privacy and comfort. sleeping and bath facilities were great and the adequacy of space makes it even more comfortable. some of the fixtures like faucets and cabinet doors may need updating as some may seem already over-used.

• Superior Twin Room

T.V many time I tell you TV no have Arabic channel like al Jazeera is very important news or mbc or al Arabia TV because all people on hotel Arab. I hope to liking to add Arabic canal on further.

every thinks on hotel

• Superior Twin Room

The room that was given to us doesn't have a good view outside but maybe because I did not request this. Anyway, it was no a deal breaker

I like almost everything about the place. My wife and I are planning to go back

• Pacific King Room

The first room we were offered had a view of a flat roof...not exactly the Bay View we expected. Luckily a room with the expected view was available and we were transferred immediately. Perhaps it would be advisable to contact the hotel directly and ask for a higher floor to ensure the view you expect.

5th time at the Pan...can't beat the view at breakfast! The roof top garden and the pool give you options for areas in which to relax in what has to be one of the most 'hectic', cities you could visit. Good airport transfers but they also offer to call a taxi for you. Always a pleasant stay.

Waiting to get my room.

I need more well come to guest speciality on arrival. After long travelling 10 hours you need some one give your room very quickly.

• Executive King Room

What is there not to like when staff treats you like royalty

My check in was good, my check out exceeded all expectations and this made possible by a young lady, Ms Love Lyn. She made me feel like a VIP guest, arranging my airport transfer, changing FOREX, making my check out a smooth experience, I almost stayed longer. The cherry on the cake was of course being escorted by her to the luxury vehicle for my airport transfer. My driver, Patrick could inform me about many aspects of Philippines and Manila. Thank you for a wonderful experience, I will be back soon

• Superior King Room

The checking in and out could be better improved but the staff were somewhat overzealous. Checking out had to wait 5 minutes for room check?

The room was comfortable and the breakfast spread was very good. I like the nicely fried bacon.

• Superior Twin Room

I thought there was something in booking.com that asked if I wanted breakfast. I had said Yes. The original price was $89, and increased up to $109 when I completed my booking, so I thought it was then included. When I checked in, the hotel told me breakfast was not included, so I had to pay there.

I stayed there for a few months in the past, while on a business trip. It was great, then, and again this trip.

The neighborhood.....

I love the bed and the super comfy pillows! We love the staff and their accommodating way of treating guests regardless of their appearances.

• Superior Twin Room

The check-in and check-out was a little overdone with too many questions asked. Why wait 5 minutes on check out to check the room?

The breakfast spread was sumptuous and I particularly liked the deep fried bacon. Hash brown was also well done, better than hotels elsewhere.

• Executive King Room

I didn't like the drainage in the room shower and wash basin was clogged and water took a long time to disappear.

Staffs at the check-in and check-out counter were superb.

• Superior Twin Room

There is no shelves in our room’s closet.. The valet parking is an open air parking,my car interior was still sizzling hot when I got it from the valet parker

The service and facilities are great!

• Pacific King Room

Lloyd met me at airport and sorted out all the luggage Lovel lyn on departure took excellent care of me making sure the car was ready to take me to the airport and then looked after my partner who was checking out later

• Pacific King Suite

My wife and I had a wonderful time, the room was spacious, the staff first class, overall rating was 5 Star. Could not have asked for a better place to stay. Management does a Top Shelf job.

• Superior King Room

If you don't like this hotel, you're just being petty.

Best hotel I've stayed at in Manila! One of the best I've stayed at in all of Asia!

• Executive King Room

Price of the double expresso is more expensive than in Paris......... not fair !

Very nice place for long stay with good facilities and nice staff. Location is not too bad as their are plenty or good food around the hotel and it is not that far from Makati. The see view is awesome at sunset.

• Superior King Room

The outside noise can be heard in the room. I checked the window and it is not double glazed to block out the noise which was disturbing for a peaceful sleep. Hotel car is a bit pricey.

The breakfast was good with nice selections.

• Superior King Room

My stay could have been longer.

A nice very comfortable room upgraded for a reasonable price. Stayed a couple of years ago and the hotel was in great repair. The pool space was okay and the staff greeted every customer with a cool towel and bottle of water on a tray. Service with a smile and hard to beat anywhere.

• Superior Twin Room

The smell of the room lobby. I think the floor were we got our room was previously a floor for smoking rooms. The carpet smells like cigarrette.

• Executive Twin Room

I've been in this hotel many times but this was my 2nd time I booked myself with my own family and friends. It was my birthday and they surprised me by giving me wine and delicious cake with greetings. I loved it. In checking out.. they returned the cord of my son's laptop and the mouse And will certainty go back.

• Superior King Room

Not the Hotels fault, but we had a lot of kids on our floor who were very noisy. I’m sure the Hotel would have moved us or helped find a solution but it wasn’t a game changer.

Great Hotel with outstanding Staff! The Butlers and the whole Staff were Professional, helpful and courteous.

• Executive King Room

There was absolutely nothing that I did not like about this hotel.

The entire hotel is breathtakingly exquisite! The members of the staff are simply amazingly helpful and hospitable. They made me feel like family. My room made me gasp! I could live inside of the bathroom as there was a television, telephone, awesome bathtub, shower, and everything I would ever need. The bed and sheets were simply heavenly! I did not want to leave!

• Superior King Room

I paid for three nights but only got one breakfast...very bad in taste. I had to go elsewhere to get breakfast after the first day or pay 22.00 American dollars per person after the first complimentary breakfast. Should get breakfast everyday you stay there...

The room was fabulous, very beautiful lobby.

• Executive Twin Room

Jan 1 9:30 to 10 pm elevator guy was just “so busy” with his cellphone, not minding that there are customers who need assistance in taking the elevator. Jan 2 breakfast, the guy in charge who got our room number led us to a table with no chairs and no utensils. He asked his staff to prepare the table while we were busy getting our food. To our dismay, when we got to our table, there was still no chair and utensils. This is “So Annoying” for a hotel of your stature. Inconsistent with the hotel’s standards.

Food is good, bed is comfy, “Some” staff are excellent in giving assistance.

• Superior King Room

Not the fault of the hotel, but there are homeless and beggers around the hotel area. They are not too aggressive, so no problem walking around even at night.

Excellent breakfast with a variety of dishes (Japanese, Western, MIddle Eastern..). Very friendly and helpful butler service with good recommendations for restaurants and instructions how to move around the city and find specific stuff. Free drinking water was provided at the swimming pool.

• Superior King Room

had to pay extra for a later check out :(

an exceptionally civilised "smoking area" adjacent to the pacific lounge - beautiful outdoor area including an under cover section for the rainy day

• Superior King Room

cheaper price would be good as the hotel is showing its age a little. Taxis outside were hard to flag down - ended up with an Uber

I booked as the usual place near the airport was full of conference delegates (as was the rest of Manila). This was suggested as a great 5* hotel at a good rate - room was great but it shows it's age a little. It's in a not so perfect location so know what you are doing in the immediate vicinity! I went to Bonifacio for the night and I didn't actually stay in the room as my flight was at 5am!

• Superior Twin Room

The room was smaller than I had expected. There were problems from the very beginning. Confusion over the price and specifically requested that breakfast big included but it was not. I was rather disappointed with this hotel.

The hotel was fairly attractive. However the buffet breakfast was much smaller than I had anticipated.

• Superior King Room

The check in and check out was horrific. Took 15min for each. My credit card was swiped about 6 times and the check in staff didn’t know what they were doing. Checking out was even worse. There were two amounts blocked on my credit card when I checked in. When I checked out they couldn’t release one of the blocked amounts so they needed to contact my back and said it would take 7-10 days. This is ridiculous and primitive.

The staff were friendly

• Superior King Room

The price was high and i suggest to reduce it to enable the guest stay as long as they are staying in Manila. Also, i am suggesting to make some discount or poits copyn for those people who travel to manila alot and want to stay in this hotel.

The hotel was fantastic and i was very comfortable while staying in the hotel.

• Superior Twin Room

Everything from the arrival up to check out. Staff so friendly and professional. Just really need to post this for these two very lovely, humble and caring persons who go beyond there job descriptions to make our stay unforgettable experience. I ordered our late lunch and when the room Butlers (Jaymar and Migs) arrived with our food and saw me that I wasn't feeling good, they came back with this complements.. It really touch my heart and my son gave them each others a hug. Thank you Jaymar and Migs for this complements you guys rock!!! Last but not the least I'd like to say again a big thank to nurse Kim for taking care of me when I wasn't feeling well! Thank you all! Shout out to all of you and the Pan Pacific Hotel Manila! You guys makes me feel A QUEEN today ! Cheers!!

• Superior King Room

I like the place very much but one thing i noticed there is no ipod dock .

The room smell good & ts very clean . I like the view from my room 15th floor & also the view from 21st floor of pacific lounge. The staffs were very accomodating & courteous. Good & safe place to stay.

• Superior King Room

i.m already pay from my country bank (master check card) but this hotel dont check until my arrive time. so again pay (union pay credid card with cash) still i dont recieve money (master check card)

exerything is good good place and always smile

• Pacific King Suite

General look and feel of the hotel was tired. Limited facilities so not too sure why the high scores. Bedrooms clean and OK but lifeless and dated. Lobby bar lacked lots and was totally soulless.

Location is OK depending on where you want to be in Manila, not the most desirable area of the city, lots of night life happening in close proximity. Staff generally good. Sunday morning the restaurant was far to busy to accommodate its guests at breakfast and we had to wait a while to be seated and served. No early check in available.

• Executive Twin Room

The rooms we reserved was not the room they gave us, we came in at around 4 pm still the room was not ready, the room they gave us had a very foul odor of paint thinner my wife almost fainted because of the strong smell of paint thinner coming from the room being repaired, very poor managing

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

No compalints

The facilities were very good, staff consistently look out for our comfort and safety. Special thanks to Mr. Third and Ms Grace( Poolside bar ) for their extra care and attention shown to me.

• Superior Twin Room

I have visited alot of times this hotel, and seems a bit neglected especially in the bathroom area. The marbles look tired and i dont think that has something to do with the cleaning persons. in general it looks as if it has been years since something new was bought for this hotel the tv was very far away located from the bed, and i found it impossible to watch the room service menu had little options and during the night the preparation of the food was definetely different from the day service Big difference since 2005 when i first visited this hotel

the bed and pillows were excellent. The staff were really accommodating in whatever i requested clean and spacious room

• Executive King Room

Property was very clean, staff very accommodating, breakfast included very good selection. Was a typhoon in the area so pool was secured.vierity of restraunt in the hotel good.will come back

• Superior King Room

The location is not so good. The surrounding streets have all very poor (low class) establishments and the streets smell terrible with trash littered everywhere so walking around in not enjoyable. Also it is very easy to hear other room doors closing on your floor. They close automatically but quite loudly and will easily wake you up.

The level of customer service provided and personalized service is outstanding. The rooms are well equipped with anything you might need and very comfortable.

• Superior King Room

I cant say i dont like probably highly recommended to everyone.

We arrived in pan pacific like 12:00am from our singapore trip and the guy he is there waiting at the airport to give us the ride to the hotel. I really like pan pacific 100% i visited the hotel many times. I like the people working in the hotel and the foods too. The hotel is near Robinson mall where easy to do your shopping.

• Superior King Room

Noisey rooms, paper thin walls didn't sleep well despite being on 16th floor. Breakfast was very busy and disorganised. We didn't get any information on the hotel or facilities on checkin. Seems very much suited to domestic business and frequent users only

Nice pool area and some attentive and helpful staff. Ensuit with bath was great.

• Superior King Room

Butler service was amazing, staff knew me by name as soon as I arrived. Offered a complimentary drink and seat whilst checking in. Hotel cars were great and affordable, money exchange in hotel very handy.

• Superior King Room

I wish there was a bathtab I could hold in hand to cleanse my body. The location is slightly doddgy... not hotel's fault. The internet complimentry connection does not suffice, but the hote gave me a better package.They

Great staff and hotel manager. Good rich breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Superior Twin Room

I noticed that there was a lot of women of questionable refutation milling around Its not ideal for guests with children

Staff very friendly, especially to my guests

• Executive King Room

Hotel asked me a pre check-in details including my check in time which was not fulfilled. I was hoping to check in a little earlier. I waited 2 hours at the lobby. Other than that, everything is great.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Executive King Room

Overall I would not recommend this hotel for business travellers. I can quote 4 reasons why: 1) I arrived at 5pm, well after the 2pm scheduled check-in time, and was told my room wasn't ready. I was offered an upgrade in order to get immediate access, but had to pay for it which was frustrating. 2) Internet in the hotel is poor. This is the 4th hotel I've stayed at in greater Manila and the Pan Pacific had the worst wifi of all of them. For someone with an online business, it was a compromising issue. 3) My partner had to deal with discrimination in the Pacific Lounge. She was told that wearing a knee length skirt was not appropriate, and that she had to change or accept wearing an apron. Besides the fact that there were men in the lounge wearing sleeveless shirts, there were Filipino women wearing shorter skirts. That was genuinely offensive, and was the first instance we had to deal with discrimination throughout a 5 week stay in the Philippines. 4) When I asked for someone to come to my room to assist with my bags, they sent someone to instead check the minibar. I paid $300 a night for this room, and am a 32 year old business traveller, I'm never putting up with that again. Otherwise it was an acceptable room with a nice view. Given the price though I would much sooner stay at the Novotel in Quezon City where I had an incredible stay, or the Discovery Primea in Makati.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

nothing too dislike

I found the hotel great , cosy and my future step daughter enjoyed herself with a xtra room that was available too run around and have fun

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Executive Twin Room

Rooms could be serviced a little earlier in the day

Really close to Robinsons Mall, so location is great. Very friendly staff and the butler service is great - less fuss. Room service excellent. Wifi good. ATMs in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Executive King Room

The water in the pool was not pristine clear. Breakfast was curius combination of everything. I missed the delicious japanese and chinese breakfast details I use to get at other five star hotels in Asia.

This hotel has a very friendly staff - almost to many of them. There would be better if they were fewer and more efficient and professional. Dominic Christ was very efficient and helpful. Wish the rest was like him. The hotel is located in an area were you can see the disorganized state of the capital. View from the restaurant at 21th level was interesting. There was a very good chinese fish restaurant at the 100 m away from right side of the main entrence. Very good food and value for money

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Pacific King Suite

Too much expensive for what you get. The wifi is a disaster. The staff isn't well trained, especially for this level of hotel. I got bite by bed chip that was on the sofa, so I believe they do not clean it enough. The price of alcohol drinks and food is way too expensive. For the parking, it is too difficult to get free ticket and park your car or a visitor car without spending time at the counter.

Good bed, nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Executive Twin Room

Everything...easily one of the best hotels I've stayed at in my life. Concierge service was impeccable and the check-in process one of the smoothest in my life. Well located near a mall.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Executive King Room

Old TV .. .. many Oattalh room with bathroom furniture Old .. Massage their request four times and did not respond to me never

Breakfast good.. staff good Security at the hotel is very cool

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Executive Twin Room

Location in Manila is not the best. Little strange "friendly reminder" about my short pants, which are obviously not accepted in the "Pan Pacific Lounge". I came from a beach vacation, and yes it's the Pan Pacific, but look around this hotel.... And also many other hotel guests showed up in the lounge in short pants by the way.... TV didn't work when I wanted to watch in the evening due to problems with the cable.

Nice room with everything that is needed. Generally, nice and friendly staff, who assisted with all our requests. Excellent breakfast buffet. As our little son already slept, the staff prepared a baby cod in the hotel restaurant.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Superior King Room

The Swimming Pool corner could be upgrated a bit. It looks old.

The strategic position, pretty close to the Intramuras and also to the sea-side walking. The complete Staff is very Kind. Bar tennders, Receptionist and all the other people.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Superior King Room

Toilet shower was very hard on pressure - we didn't get to complain though, we just didn't use it. Staff called us on our way to the airport requesting some receipt that we couldn't understand.. should've inform us before we actually left the hotel.

Breakfast was super. Staff was very attentive. Location is very good too - close to mall and food and convenience stores.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Superior King Room

Access to ATM could be better. It could be an idea to have an ATM inside the hotel.

The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. The room service was very good and prompt with good food.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The lifts were a bit hit and miss on whether it accepted the cards. We went up and down a lot as others pressed the button before our card was accepted.

The staff were lovely and the facilities great, especially the pool area. Pure indulgence!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

No sauna. Small hotel vicinity. Small pool. Old.

We loved the "extras". W received something for our birthday celebrant. Free extra bed for kids. Service was really top noticed.

• Executive King Room

- Room not clean this time, lots of stains in the room (see photos) - The cleaning service was not good this time, lack of toilet paper and bath not clean

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Came in from early morning flight,,, so after we checked in,,, we fell asleep immediately ,,, only to woken up by an annoying,constant ,,, "thug,, thug" sound as if somebody was pounding a concrete floor with a hammer,,, plus a buzzing sound from a machine,,,, so I was abruptly woken up with a throbbing headache because of this,,,, I went down to front desk and asked if there was a construction going on,,,, and was told " I have checked engineering, Sir,,, and there is no construction/ repair on going in the hotel right now, so it must be another guest ,,, making that noise" I asked to be transferred to another floor.... Which they did,,, but, after I arrived in our room the sound stopped,,,,, so I called them and asked not to be transferred anymore,,,,, day after ,at about 8 am while showering that sound came back,,,, I went to 7th floor where the pool was ,,,, and I saw for myself ,,, there was repair going on in a function room , with workers!!!! So the front desk lied to me!!! Whew!!! I don't really make a fuss about anything,,, as long as I have a comfortable sleep in any hotel,,, , cheap ones, five stars ,,, so this really infuriated me

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Pacific King Room

Pacific Room with an adjacent room should have another separate door going to the main room because of privacy

nice facilties like the pacific lounge and garden

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

May be ... - Sick Faucets in the Bathroom - Air conditioner a little noisy

- The staff - The service - The room Everything is fine in this hotel ...

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Superior King Room

One of our meals was a little disappointing in that the shrimp and chicken were undercooked, resulting in an upset stomach for my fiancee. It would have been helpful to make it clearer that the breakfast included in the price did not include in-room dining.

The staff were professional, proactive and very helpful. The room was very nice with lots of little nice touches to make things extra luxurious. Service was prompt and efficient. Food selection was good and the hotel transfer service is excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Pacific King Room

The Pan Pacific is perfect! It`s an outstanding hotel. We got a complimentary upgrade to a pacific suite because the superior room was fully booked.The overall and daily service at the Pan Pacific is very good from arrival to departure and security is also very maintained. The beds and pillows are perfect, and there is a pillow menu and members of the staff came to our suite to arrange the pillows in the evening. We were so satisfied with this hotel that we will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Executive King Room

Agent (for check out) didnt even ask if we still have luggage left in the room. Didnt ask if I have consumed anything from the bar (hes lucky I was being honest that time) he didnt bother presenting the folio (the most important thing) instead he asked for payment already.try reviewing the cctv so you would notice as well. I even reminded him that I wanted a copy of what I have paid for. Check out agent should undergo recurrent training for fo. If he was my staff I would def. Issue an roc. What if im a mystery shopper? Then you guys will really fail in the check out process. As an fit proper standards/SOPs should always be followed regardless if fil or Foreigner. Ensure Forbes standards. All the time knowing you guys carry the name of your company with 5 star rating. The rest is commendable. Etal security ambassadors / pool side / check in agent ok

Attentiveness / commendation for Em (pool bar)

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Nothing - the staff couldn't do enough for us

The buffet was incredible, rooms immaculate and the service amazing. Can't fault anything. Amazing end to our trip

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Superior King Room

There are some signs of aging, that need to be kept at check. One thing that certainly gives bad impression is towels, which are rather grey than white. The hotel's feedback questionnaire could be shortened.

Excellent service. Very good location. Not my first time at Pan Pacific and will stay again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Superior King Room

Amazing bed and pillows, large bathroom with a bath and a shower, TOP staff, pool is amazing with shower, room is very clean and breakfast is just one of the best I've ever had!!

• Superior Twin Room

The surroundings of the hotel, lots of 'shady' people around.

The location is very good, it's near the shopping center and restaurants. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Executive Twin Room

I had a very good time and i'll be back certainly...Everything was ok except one of my few requests (i'm a client that he doesn't burden anyone)...I asked if i could take a look to a better room and my specific request was ignored twice from a guy of the front desk.

The hotel is good,it's really good and that's all i can say.I travel constantly as few others people since i was a kid so...I know something about hotels...!!!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The room and the bathroom were spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet was great, had almost everything. Me and my daughter enjoyed our stay and she wishes to come back. The location is very near a mall, banks, restaurants. I asked the front desk for an additional shampoo after a while a butler came with a whole bag of toiletries !

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Superior King Room

The room was old, dirty shower and damp/ sewer smell throughout our stay, lucky we spent most of our time out of the hotel. The price was extremely high for what the hotel was. The staff looked professional but not friendly at all. Especially the staff during the breakfast just looked away and didn't even greet you. When we checked out, we requested the lobby staff to get a taxi for us that uses meter, after more than 30 mins wait I had to go follow up whats going on (they forgot). Then finally they got a taxi and assured me that they confirmed with the driver that he will use the meter. As soon as the driver got on the road we asked him why the meter was not moving, and he said no meter and that his charge is 600 peso or get out of the car. We got trapped with our luggage as we had to catch a flight plus it was raining. This was just appalling from the assistance by the hotel staff. I would definitely not recommend this hotel as there are much better hotels with better value for what you get.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Executive Twin Room

nothing really except a little bit pricey. But it's worth the money I paid for.

The cleanliness of the hotel all through out. Good customer service of all staffs. Good location, walking distance to shops and shopping mall.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Pacific King Suite

This hotel lacks organization, it's a shame: - Room change to the client's head (room 1203 for 1216 in last minute). - I paid twice the return transport (but I was refunded).

-The cleanliness - Quality of rooms -The service - It really is a 5 star hotel