Reviews of Paradise Bay - Beach & Watersport Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Boracay Island, Tulubhan, Manoc-Manoc, 5608 Boracay, Philippines

#123 of 182 hotels in Boracay

• Family Two-Bedroom

Disappointed that our room had no view and paint had recently been used in there so it smelt awful for most of our stay.

The staff were great! Our boys loved all of the pets on-site! We loved the grounds!

• Penthouse Suite with Sea View

Penthouse suite excellent, very spacious , comfortable beds , great air con and fans , good sized fridge with excellent choice of snacks and drinks to pay extra for already in room , lovely relaxing hotel and friendly staff

• Family Two-Bedroom

As advertised as a beach and water sport resort we were told we couldn’t go into the water as it was unsafe.

Very secure. The gate was guarded at all times. The hotel offered to book our taxis and help escort us back to the main land.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Food could have been better, but i guess the Boracay itself has to improve.

The place is small rooms are ok ok, no that big, Pls don't expect 5 star or 4 star treatment. The staff is really very helpful and arranged most of our transport. Place is small and quite, they have a snake, Koi pong, swimming pool, 3 dogs, 4-5 hammocks, 1 macaw, 1 pool table overall very cozy place just to relax and enjoy. Kids had great fun. Will definitely recommend for ppl who want to have a timeout from daily schedule. All other places are near specially Dmall which is the most happening.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The old hotel already, and it was not so clean, and nice. Inside my room the smell was not nice. The swimpool - it was impossible to swim. The Hotel is located on the side where the muddy sea. And in general price doesn't match the quality!

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The additional 22% taxes on top of the room fee which I wasn’t aware of please check when you select room if on a traveling budget as we were! Hotel is very dated and in need of some TLC and upgrade. Rooms need more light, had a room facing the sea which was nice. Didn’t eat in restaurant again very dated with stained table cloths. Can’t use the beach even when tide is out too much rubbish! And it’s not a water sport location you can book through them that’s it. They Have dogs & cats roaming around so if you don’t like pets this might be a problem.

The pool is the great thing about this hotel kept extremely clean and lovely to swim in. Pool towels are also provided. Staff are helpful and can approach them with any questions always happy to help.

• Penthouse Suite with Sea View

The locations is a little far from station 2 which is the main area of Boracay. So everytime, you want do something, you need to get a tricycle. If you don’t mind to take tricycles, the location wouldnt be a problem.

Great staffs. Just for them, I would like to come back. The guy at the reception was so helpful and kind. I lost my camera on a boat but he tried to find it so hard. So I got my camera back in the Philippines. The guy at the bar&restaurant also was so kind. He was a great person to talk with! You can use the pool there anytime you want. You just need to be quiet after 11:00pm. My night swmming there was fantastic. There’s nothing more to say about the view! When wake up, you can see a gorgeous view of Boracay sea right on your bed!

• Family Two-Bedroom

Its just a depressing place to be, i got my family out of there first thing in the morning, i could not have handled the smell at low tide for 2 weeks, cats also sleeping on the awning at the entrance to our room, property is also surrounded by slums,

Nothing This property is nothing like their website depicts, dogs and cats in the restaurant, a beach you cant walk on because of rubbish, rubbish also piled up at front door, other passengers on the bus laughed when we were dropped off.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The beach isn't really a beach and is more of an estuary. Certainly no good for relaxing or swimming. The rooms are large with high ceilings which is good, however the air conditioning then struggles to cool the room down. The hotel is located in quite an isolated area which is nice and peaceful. However to the left and right it's very dark and lonely. You need to use tricycles all the time or motorbikes.

Welcoming and friendly staff, clean, large room, nice garden. Ocean view.

• Suite One-Bedroom with Sea View

Hotel states that it is a water sports resort. They do not offer any water sports in the hotel. However will support you in making trip bookings. We took a private boat hire island hopping which cost 3000 peso for the 3 of us. Think set price for up to 8 people. However what is not clear after spending that much money that they take you to snorkel spot and when eat back on the boat they want taxes for snorkelling (40 pesos) to go over to crystal cove they then wanted another (250. Pesos)

Located on the quiet side of the island. Information states 15 minutes walk to white beach however we did not feel this was walkable on the roads and no signposts. The hotel however call a trike whenever you need one and standard rate of 100 pesos to get to white beach/ DMall area. This needs to be factored into your budget if you plan on going day and night. Food in the hotel was good and freshly prepared and cooked however when having breakfast they had run out of certain things. We had the family suite which was very spacious. Hotel provided towels for pool and beach if requested.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Air-conditioner was ridiculously noisy, lots of mosquitoes in our room, everything could do with updating.

Staff were all absolutely fantastic, pool and gardens were amazing, food was nice. Lovely big bed, very clean.

• Family Two-Bedroom

Room was dark and unpleasant. Air conditioning very loud. There were lizards in the room. Terms as in the 20th century. Beds were awful. Bad conditions, very expensive!

Very nice service! Pleasant surroundings. Delicious food. Greetings for Chad and Gina! Best people.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

I like the property but if you want to go to the white beach it will be a 10-15 minute walk and I have my baby with me yet I still love the place..

quiet & peaceful place.. clean & excellent facilities..

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Stayed in two different rooms in this property, and my other experience was way worse than this room. So if you stay here, ask for second floor only. This room was everything we needed except that it was a twin room instead of double, but that's part of late booking. The food, even the snacks are expensive in the property and they only let you bring your own drinks to the room but not snacks. Also the area is a bit sketchy, so unless you know where you are going, I wouldn't go outside the property at night.

The twin room was amazing, second floor, the wind is blowing right through, so it helps keeping the heat away even during daytime. The view is gorgeous and the balcony is a nice place to relax after a day in the sea. The shower is good, powerful enough, the beds are comfortable, spacious. conditioning works and it even gets too cold!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Stayed in two different rooms. I had two bookings on the website and I asked them if we can stay in the same room (via special requests box) they replied to me that it's not a problem. then we arrived and they said it's not possible and we have to change the room, move out early, wait in the property outside and then move to another one later. If I hadn't received the reply to my request, I would have said it's not a problem, it' my own fault to have booked it late. But since they replied and confirmed it's possible to stay in one room... to say the least it was inconvenient. Also, if you arrive early, you can pay extra to check in, but it's pricey. Then the first room we've got had a fan but it was so hot that it didn't help at all. The room was also very dark (I guess you could say it's a romantic atmosphere but it was very annoying because the light didn't come into the room at all). The surrounding area is sketchy, you don't have to go outside the property, but on the property it's very expensive to drink and eat. White beach is quite far (still walkable, but you need to know where you going).

The swimming pool outside was amazing, and the private area around the pool was green and lush, quiet, very peaceful. The room was spacious, the beds comfortable, and the TV helped relaxing when it was too hot outside. We did get a welcome drink for genius members on booking.com. Seeing the negatives, I would stay here only if I want privacy and ready to spend a lot of money on food on the property. The second room upstairs (twin room) was much better, and my review will be much more positive for that experience.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The only thing I wouldn't rate highly about this place was the food - their menu wasn't very extensive. We didn't mind this too much though as Station 3 is so close we ended up eating out a lot of the time.

This hotel was perfect for us, as we really enjoyed getting away from the business of Boracay's stations. On the other side of the island, it's a perfect little sanctuary to relax in after a busy day doing all of the activities.

Finishing of rooms was not 3 star, more like one or two at most, one room had leaky ceiling, Aircon/n no remote and grouting dire around it. Shower not hot just luke warm, beach covered in algae so no good whatsoever. I felt that with a little care and attention the resort could have been wonderful but in the event it was just ok. Great value for money for a family though.

Bed comfy, pool wonderful, overall great value for a family

• Junior Suite with Sea View

the hotel are allowed pets.so that,the cleanliness are not assured. and some guest are afraid with dogs.

the environment very peaceful and beautiful.suitable like us for honeymoon.facilities OK.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

they didn't have phone on rooms, so its uncomfortable specially when you need something in the middle of the night! you have to go out and all. they are very strict in terms of bringing foods from outside the hotel! my hubby wants to try the pool but they gave us a copy of their rules, since we have our 2yr old daughter we have to find swimming diaper that she has to wear while on the pool. we don't have that, so we went home without trying the pool. they said they offer airport shuttle! but then they only send their staff to guide us from the airport and then we went to a terminal were we took a tricylce, we were expecting that they have their own hotel service! (kaloka!)

i like the place! its very child friendly, they have a lot of pets, they have cat, dogs, snake, giant fish, turtles and parrot! i love the garden! i love the room! but not safe if you have kids coz our room has this one big stair. (although its just one step) the light is too dim, and a child might forget that part. not safe.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

I think this is an excellent hotel BUT while staying in this hotel I was devastated to realize the bracelet that my partner removed off me before bed went missing as if it grew legs and walked off during the next day time when we wasn't in the room this bracelet had no value just a relation made it for me. WE CHECKED EVERYWHERE WE BOTH KNEW WHERE WE PUT THE BRACELET sentimentavalu value .

Once I booked the room 24 hours later they wouldn't let me change dates or cancel they did not try and acomidate my changing schedule at all even a month in advance.

I liked the rest huts and the pool

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The menu was nice but so overpriced, very expensive for the food you get.

This was probably our favourite hotel in boracay. The pool was so nice and always cleaned regularly, with the bar inside the pool it was perfect to relax. The room was nice and big, a bit old fashioned decor but was fine for us. The balcony over looking the pool was a plus. The garden was so relaxing with hammocks, deckchairs and tables around as well as lots of wild life. Staff were friendly and helped when needed. It was about 10-15 minutes walk to white beach as there's not a nice beach where the hotel is, but the walk was fine and in a tricycle it only cost 50php to get there. Would definitely stay again!

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Many animals but they do not bother .Beach in front of hotel not suitable for swimming

Excellent staff friendly and very helpful, best adobo pork I ate in the Philippines. Beautiful Garden.

• Junior Suite with Sea View

Unfortunately our stay at the Paradise bay hotel wasnt a memorable one. Our room wasn't cleaned daily, the electric randomly switched off in the room several times and once when my partner was taking a shower leaving her in pitch darkness in freezing cold water. The air conditioning unit was too small for the room leaving the room 'just' cooling, the fridge was rusty and required replacing and was too large for the space it should fit in. On the 3rd day the water totally stopped working for around 30 minutes. There wasn't daily room service even though it was paid for so you had to basically ask for standard items such as toilet tissue. If you used the items in the fridge they wasn't replaced. The pool was dirty from the coconut trees and wasn't cleaned as often as it should be leaving black pieces of tree in the pool. Breakfast service was poor too, it was slow and such items like milk and other condiments had to be asked for several times. The cost of the stay certainly didn't reflect the hotel as it was very expensive with what you got for your money. Luckily White Beach is about a 10 minute ride away and is magical so we spent most of our time there and only used the room to sleep in. On a positive note the staff were very friendly and you are provided with a welcome drink upon arrival however we won't be staying at the Paradise Bay hotel again nor would we recommend the hotel at all.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the gardens are pretty

• Family Two-Bedroom

The staff are not well trained in terms of handling costumers requests.No remote of TV in the room despite of several requests they still failed to provide us with the remote. Food in their restaurant is very pricy combo meal like chicken only and rice costs 350 pesos drink not included. Service in the restaurant are very slow they took us 1 hour before they served our food even if we are the only costumers during that time. Location wise it's not recommended it's very far from the white beach area, one way of e tricycle costs 100 pesos.

The confort room was ok.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Suite One-Bedroom with Sea View

There were 2 pages of rules that would have been nice to know in advance. The internet initially didn't work in our room and while we were able to connect later, we were informed that ONLY 2 devices could connect which seemed a bit nuts when there were 3 of us all with mobile phones. My 13 year old daughter was especially disappointed. The food was over priced and the portions were small and they charged guests a service charge as well.

The room was clean, very well appointed and the property was very quiet. The staff was helpful and kind. The pool was clean and well maintained. They had friendly dogs and cats at the property which was nice, too.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Family Two-Bedroom

The dory fish in my breakfast is too salty and took them more than an hour to prepare it. The bed is too itchy, almost couldn't sleep and they forgot to give me a blanket.There is no toothpaste in the bathroom and the air in my room is stale.

I like the kubo in front of the beach.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Penthouse Suite with Sea View

Isolation. Lack of nearby venues without needing transportation.

Stayed in Penthouse Suite... Very roomy with large ocean view deck. On East side of island away from tourism and noise... But rather isolated and beach is onlty fair compared to white beach on west side

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Poor location but quiet, 100 php for tricycle to the white beach, need small fixes in bathroom.

Very nice and helpful staff, beautiful hotel, big room,bar, quite,pool, billiard, a lot of cute pets.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Could be near white beach but, but maby 10 minits walk or take a tricykle when you want to do some hazzleing or go the the party beach

Staff, relaxed location if you want to party and dance every night then stay near the white beach , the pats

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Family Two-Bedroom

the wifi is little slow.

the place is really great though a little far from the White Beach and mall.if you want a little privacy.check this out!staff is very responsive and nice too.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Junior Suite with Sea View

The location is great in a couple of ways (great views, quiet), it's only a short walk (5-10mins) from White Beach, but at night it's a dark walk. My shower didn't work on Day 1, but with a little coaxing it was fixed quickly.

Paradise Bay is a bit of an enigma. It's great inside, and absolutely lives up to the photos. There are beautiful views over the sea. The staff are incredibly helpful. It is in a way a real little oasis from the hectic life on White Beach

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The food was nice enough, but was "white beach" prices, without the "white beach" location.

Very Quirky, nicely designed, homely feeling small resort. The Staff were lovely and very accommodating. Good price during low season. Rooms were thoughtfully designed with western taste. The Beef Kaldereta

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Electricity shut off twice during our 4-night stay. When I asked the front desk about it, she seemed really annoyed and she answered in a way that implies that things like that happen all the time at the resort. Room was poorly lit and smelled very musty.

There was an extra bed in the room, im guessing for massages.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

It is called a 'beach resort'...there is NO beach. Rooms are outdated, air con. is like something from the 50's and location isolated. Would not recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The Family room design not practical. Compare to standard room, it do not have balcony also no utilities, eg. kettles.

We loved the friendly environments also the cute pets.

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Rooms and the facilities meeds improvements and are old

The facility is far from the beach

• Penthouse Suite with Sea View

I just don’t like the aircon it doesn’t work even they let their maintenance fixed it

Good place for relaxation

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Nice grounds. Spacious rooms nic views

• Family Two-Bedroom

Cramped, small,noise, sunlight through curtains in morning

• Suite One-Bedroom with Sea View

Almost everything: breakfast, location, lack of the promised beach, overcharging for everything

Spacious suite

• Junior Suite with Sea View

Very friendly staff and absolutely huge suite! Great value for money 😊

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Very nice and helpful staff! Everything was perfect during my mom and I’s stay. Would greatly recommend this place to everyone.

Value for money

• Suite One-Bedroom with Sea View

The road front of hotel is under construction

The yard including all decorations, the view and the painting in the room.

6 Dogs, property of owner/manager fouling all over public rooms and gardens

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Everything was so good. Thanks for all staff especially Gina and the barman (sorry i could not remember the name of)

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Too far from the main beach😉 Price of food is to high😔

Nice place and relaxing! Accomdating staff😉 Nice pool to relax😉

Beautiful resort amazing staff. I'll be back

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

Don't go snorkel in front of the property. Rather go to the White Beach.

Good breakfast. Staff available and helpful. swimming pool a bonus.

Its kind of old but with renovation they can do it

Its private and the place is very relaxing.

Everything about this place is amazing! Hidden Gem

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Hôtel betting old ...needs To be renovated

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Old tv,, old AC,, old furniture Mosquito

Design of room

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Family Two-Bedroom

I didnt like the bedsheets. Its too thin for an aircon room.

Our stay was fine. We had a relaxing week.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

It's a bit far from station 3, what would be no problem when the hotel is very good, but the hotel is okish.

The wifi was pretty good

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

staff is very nice to us

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Place , nice quiet , personel amaizing , perfect food

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

No phone signal...

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

not so nice beach

nice setting, cute pets, pretty rooms and friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Nothing..

It was a very peacefull place..

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Family Two-Bedroom

Very expensive the food and beverage.

I like the place, silent and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• VIP Deluxe Double or Twin with Sea View

The view outside from the windows and also the staff

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

The view from our room was really excellent. Staffs were nice, very approachable and helpful. The whole place is serene and has very relaxing ambiance.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Would be better if there are 2 toilets in the family room. Also the air condition is a bit noisy

Staff are helpful and friendly i like the location because its peaceful n very windy... nice beach scenery too

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

A bit far from the beach.i asked for a double bed and a single bed for kid.instead i got 3 single bed inside a bed frame made by cement.after i asked for a double bed they just put a matress in between 2 of the ''cement'' bed.

Very quiet place.I Had breakfast 1 time there was nice but a bit stingy for the price paied.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Poor facilities like shower and bathroom and no coffee in our room.

The ambiance and the staff and special mention to Adrian the guard who really deserve the merit at all for extending his service just to pacify us..Thank you!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Hidden charges. 10% service charge plus VAT on original booking hikes the price up. As well as a service charge on the room cost, you also pay 10% on all purchases such as breakfast and drinks so beware

Lagoon like place. Quiet and relaxing

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

too many dogs and cats around. Some customers doesn't like animals.

I like the food and the staffs. They give me correct information and exact information I want

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Our TV did not work, and we asked to get it fixesor replaced 2 times, but nothing happent. The TV might not be the most important thing, but it is very nice to have, when you travel with small kid.

The staff is very friendly, and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

We absolutely loved our stay at Paradise Bay hotel! We visited in early October, which is rainy season, but were delighted to have a few days of good weather and this hotel made any rainy days more pleasant! The staff were excellent, from the friendly welcoming receptionist to the lovely ladies who work in the bar and restaurant. The housekeeping staff and security were also very friendly, always happy to give a smile and a greeting. We had a beautiful room overlooking the pool and the sea, with the opportunity to sit on the balcony and eat breakfast prepared by the hotel! The hotel is an 8-10 minute tricycle ride from D'Mall, the main shopping and popular beach area. It's too far away to walk, however we were much happier to be staying away from the chaos of it, as it was so easy to go in and out whenever we wanted to. The receptionist is more than happy to call a tricycle for you whenever you like, and the short trip gives you a great opportunity to see a different part of the island. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as it was excellent value for money and again the staff were amazing!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Dark room, grayish towels with stains and holes, cocktoaches and huge ants colony, boiler for hot (I mean warm) water, stuff forgot to change towels, you need to remind about it etc., and besides all, you will spend huge amount of money for a taxi, because it's impossible to get there by foot (especially in the dark)

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

Our room was dark, the toilet had a weird odor and at night it s very noisy due to the hotel's location next to a road.

The view and the pool were nice as well as the lovely parrot and sweet dogs.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Staff helpful and friendly. Good with children. Location is quite. Enjoyed our stay. A thanks to the staff nice and pleasant. I wish the staff good luck

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

- Breakfasts weren't anything special - Need to pay extra on top of what you pay listed in the menu (about 12% more). - Only one WIFI access key allowed, even though there was two of us. - WIFI not always reliable.

- The room was very nice - Very comfortable bed - Nice view from the room

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.