2. Philippines hotel reviews
  3. Luzon B&B and inn reviews
  4. Coron B&B and inn reviews
  5. Reviews of The Yellow House Coron

Reviews of The Yellow House Coron This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Villa Enriquez Subdivision, Barangay 1, Coron, Palawan, Coron Town Proper, 5316 Coron, Philippines

#12 of 54 B&Bs and Inns in Coron

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 59

• Reviewed: 18 February 2019

Great location, close to everything.

The rooms are separated from each other by very thin dividers. You will hear everything (youtube, games, conversation). That was a bit uncomfortable.

Great location, close to everything. Friendly family.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2019

Excellent.

Excellent. There's a little kitchen where you can find a kettle, small oven to heat up the food. My plans have changed and I had to leave the hotel one day earlier than I booked. Hotel didn't charge me for the night I didn't used. Thank you, very friendly hosts.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2019

Very welcoming hosts.

Very thin walls.. but I expected that from previous reviews... didn't bother me as I had my earplugs!

Very welcoming hosts.. arranged everything for me.. Very clean house

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

The room was really nice and clean.

I've washed and hanged a dress outside and someone took it. I couldn't find it anywhere.

The room was really nice and clean. The walls are made with bamboo so you can hear everything, but the place was really quite, so no problem at all. The lady was really nice and helpfull. We've stucked in the island due to a broken ferry, the homestay was fully booked but she've found us another room in the house next to it. We could use everything from the honestay. Very nice place!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Clean, awesome location, Great Host!! Great Value for money!!

Everything was great.

Nik Nik . . . the owner was so nice, she really cares about your comfort and she made us feel right at home. We met some wonderful people here at the Yellow House. We hired a boat for a couple of days together and did some of the sights. We stayed there for a total of 4 days. Highly recommend a clean caring place to stay.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

Good value for money!

Our room wasn’t really clean when we got it. So we asked the lady who cleaned it to do some more. She did but she gave us a very bad vibe for the rest of our stay.

Comfortable bed. Free coffee and water is always nice. Overall nice place, well taken care of. Also my friend got sick and the owners helped us, really nice. We are pleased with our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

Perfect for staying in coron - everything you need, cozy, lovely, affordable. highly recommended

there was only cold water in the shower, it was quite warm in the room and the walls were very thin so one could hear the other guests talking

The owners are amazing, superfriendly and sooo flexible, changing our booking to one night since we missed our flight. This is true hospitality i have rarely stayed in a guesthoude clean like this one

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Cheap double rooms in Coron

Walls are so thin that we can hear everything thru, so enjoying your stay might be dependant on the other guests and their ability to avoid making too much noise.

There you can get a cheap double room in a quiet location. The staff is very friendly and can help you on planning everything you want without commissions.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

Very friendly small family run place.

Walls between rooms were made of grass matting and we could hear EVERYTHING going on in the next room. Two toilet/showers for 5 rooms made mornings tricky. Only one sink to wash hands, brush teeth. No mosquito nets

Very friendly small family run place. Reasonably clean. Easy to walk to the center of town

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

Very kind host and really well run property.

This is an extremely well run property, however some might find the facilities too basic. Based on staying in other places in Coron, I'd still consider it one of the best options if you want to keep your costs reasonable.

Very kind host and really well run property. Very helpful with transfers, tours around Coron and any special requests. The location is ideal - not in the busy city centre, but only a few minutes away in a residential area.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

Everything was clean as there was a woman constantly...

No a/c which is hard when it’s hot as it is here. I slept OK with the fan but if you’re sound sensitive or no a/c sensitive this isn’t the place for you. Warning- google maps has this place on the wrong street. It’s actually on the same block but on the next street over.

Everything was clean as there was a woman constantly cleaning. She came into kitchen while I was brushing my teeth at the sink and gave me scare but super sweet. Bed was comfortable. The owner was incredibly nice and if I could’ve stayed longer I would have but had a friend arriving and needed a place with two beds. Very charming overall!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

Priceless time in Yellow house

6 nights in Yellow house was unforgettable. the owner and his wife were always helped me to make plan for my stay. and i had moterbike accident also they really help me a loads. If i wasn't staying their place I did not have that great time! Thank you soooo much This place for someone who has manor to care about noise for other people at the night. I think its better to be this way any where you stay!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

It felt very homely, clean, comfy rooms and water coffee etc...

It felt very homely, clean, comfy rooms and water coffee etc available for free. The bathroom was cleaned at least twice a day. The couple who run the place are so lovely, friendly and super helpful. They were ready to help with anything we asked e.g booked our ferry to El Nido for us. Also another (horrible) guest stole my girlfriends shoes from outside the place and the staff were equally shocked and outraged! They did everything they could to help: contacting the thief and offering a pair of sandals to wear until we got a replacement pair! The location is great, slightly outside of town so a but quieter but only a 10 min walk or less than 5 by trike, should be 20 pesos into town and the staff will organise one for you to avoid being overcharged.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

The hosts really help you with everything.

The hosts really help you with everything. They are so nice and sweet! Because of a typhoon our boat was cancelled and they helped us in every way to get on the first possible boat arranging tickets for us. It was always very clean and comfy. Also the kitchen was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff.

There are bamboo walls between the rooms, so you can hear every word your neighbours are saying. The room can also get quite warm.

Very friendly and helpful staff. You can book everything you need or want to do right there at the guesthouse. The place is clean and cozy and close to the town centre.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Very kind host!

You cant cook and the place is noisy (you can hear the room next to you)

Very kind host! We loved our stay at Yellow house and actually extended two more nights. Its really cozy and felt like a real homestay

Stayed in November 2018

Very clean, well decorated and in a prime location.

Very clean, well decorated and in a prime location. The owner was unbelievably nice and even offered to cook us eggs and rice at a ridiculous time in the morning when we were hungry. He and his wife were very informative and helped us navigate our way around Coron with ease. Definitely would stay here again!

Had a lovely stay at the yellow house.

Had a lovely stay at the yellow house. The hosts are very helpful with tours and are very approachable. We were made to feel comfortable and at home. By far the best homestay we have stayed in on our travels! Would definitely to anyone going to coron. WiFi was very good too

Great clean homestay if you don’t mind hearing your neighbours

They probably learnt a lot about us for the same reason. The water pressure is very low so not ideal if you have long, thick hair. No hot water.

Clean. Very friendly owners and staff. Towels and toilet paper provided. They organised our van to the airport. Hot and cold drinking water available for free. Close to most dive shops. We found out a lot about our neighbours (sometimes more than we would have wanted) due to very thin straw walls. If you’re using Maps.me, the right location is the Yellow House without the Booking.com link. The location is correct on Google Maps. If you are having trouble finding it, just ask someone on the street: chances are this is how you will meet the owner.

Wonderful owner - really helpful and friendly.

The only thing to mention is the location is not where booking.com says. It's about 15 mins walk to the real centre but you can grab a tricycle for 20pisos.

Wonderful owner - really helpful and friendly.

- localisation in the center of coron city

You can hear every thing from the other room

- localisation in the center of coron city - the owner who were amazing - ambiance friendly - decoration

Worth the money, great location and nice staff

There was a brown out and the facility is not well prepared for it.

The owner and staff are very accommodating and they even let us stayed in the house until 3pm without additional fee.

When I was traveled in Coral,my feet was hurt by the reef...

Nothing,all the things are so perfect!!

When I was traveled in Coral,my feet was hurt by the reef rock,and after I found the wound is really deep,so I ask Niki(the house owner)could she take me to the hospital,after she took me to there by her scooter.And she also company me while I see the doctor,also let me grab her hand,when doc clean my wound.After we left hospital,she took me to buy the medicine and gauze.Everyday she keep asking me am I okay or remind me to take medicine after meal .Let me feel the place is like home,she is also like my family.Niki and her husband are so kind to people.All I want to say is the house owner they are not just earn money,they have much passion to manage their house,and always take care all the tourist who live in their house. The house also cozy and very clean ,you can enjoy the local people's house!

A lovely honestay, perfect for lone or couples travelling.

The walls are only made of straw, so this is great if you want peace. Do not book if you are noisy, or wish to play music. Of course this doesn’t apply if you have headphones !

A lovely homestay, exceedly lovely owner and staff. Use of kitchen, free water and a fridge. Laundry service available, trips to beaches arranged. Sitting area both inside and out, slipper to wear in the house.

cosy, clean, very nice host, quiet, big kitchen, free water!

mirror with a better lightning somewhere (toilet?) would be nice, walls are very thin.., a bit far from city center and road to there can be dark at night and muddy when raining, but nothing you can't overcome.

this is a cosy homestay! big kitchen to use, very clean, nice host, quiet, free water!

A bit remote, but perfect for one night:)

The location of Yellow House Coron is a bit remote, it was not that easy first to find. Unfortunately wifi was not available in the place which I missed because to check different informations it's quite important.

Simple but nice location. As advertised on booking, you find a basic, but clean house with a kitchen and bathroom in common. It's perfect for the money you pay. The owner is a nice and helpful couple, in the kitchen there was some Nescafé, crisps, noodles available for just really a small amount of money. In the room there was a good fan, so it was quite cool.

Staff super friendly and helpful.

Although the place is close to the main road, it can be a little hard to get there by motorcycle because the road is under construction. The walls are very thin, but we were lucky that guests were quiet, so it was not a problem

Staff super friendly and helpful. Place is clean and cozy Close to the main road

Lovely little stay in a less touristy area

Walls are quite thin here so just bear that in mind. We were unfortunate enough to have loud inconsiderate guests who made so much noise at 6am, despite there being a poster asking to keep noise levels down.

Sweet little place to stay. We were welcomed with my name written on the door sign. Marilou was a lovely host. She was able to book our tickets to El Nido. Nice clean kitchen area. The 2 bathrooms were clean, just a bit small but they were fine. Free water is available which was handy. Snacks on sale too where you just take what you want and leave the money in the tin :-)

Overall, we had a great experience staying at Yellow House! We'll surely be back :)

The family owners were very hospitable. They're willing to assist you with your tours, airport transfers, and even recommend you must-try foods/restaurants :) The place is quiet so you could rest well after a very tiring tour. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Accommodation is well-maintained and spacious at a very affordable price.

Further out of town than the map shows

Ever present rooster and cockerel noise; not their fault but just everywhere on Coron and does impact sleeping. Further out of town than the map suggests; ten to fifteen minute walk from main strip. Suspect this is a problem with Booking.com rather than the listing. No WiFi.

Lovely, hospitable staff who helped us store our luggage for day-trip before we had checked in. Room was clean. Good value for money.

It was quite clean

Quite far from the center and in a dirty and very dark area You hear the family and tv at all hours, in the middle of the night or early morning 6 am One of the days, the owner took away all of the tissues in the house (on purpose - not sure why). He hid the toilet paper and the kitchen roll - we are sure he took them away as they were full a couple of minutes before. Motorbike rental are very very overpriced here so of course we opted out! No sink or mirror in the bathroom- you have to go out. You have to wash your hands in the kitchen. Very small bathroom. There is a charge for everything- if you want soap, coffee, tea etc. The owner has rules hung up all over the walls - made us feel like we were in a school. E.g. do not drop water on the floor in the kitchen and no shoes in the bathroom.

It was quite clean

Lovely house, good location and nice efficient staff.

Lots of unnecessary rules and notes. Not allowed to leave shampoo in the bathroom etc. There is a shared kitchen with a sign saying “make yourselves at home” followed by “NO COOKING”.

Lovely house, good location and nice efficient staff. Free drinking water

The cleanliness of the place and the amiable staff.

Wi-fi wasn’t working most of the time, there was no hot shower, and it’s kind of difficult to take a tricycle from the place.

The cleanliness of the place and the amiable staff.

Good hotel, good staff, good location.

No air con. Couldn't use kitchen. No kettle to make our own coffee we had on a morning.

Cost effective accommodation. Okay location as we had a scooter. Staff lovely.

The Yellow House is as advertised: cheap, clean, basic, and...

The Yellow House is as advertised: cheap, clean, basic, and the room had a good fan. The staff was very helpful and friendly, sorting out tickets, checking on the approaching typhoon, etc.

Great value stay just a little bit outside of the centrum.

Internet connection is not working properly but that's the problem all over Coron.

Very hospitable family runs this small homestay of 3 rooms only. Authentic local life can be observed around the premises.

Clean room and free bath towels.

It is different location on map, far from city central, and there is nothing street lights around a hostel. Wi-Fi doesn’t use whole time. The walls are thin and cheaply constructed, so you can totally hear everything from next door.

Clean room and free bath towels. Arrangements a airport shuttle bus.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2019

Great value for money and very friendly owners who can help...

Great value for money and very friendly owners who can help organise all tours and transfers

• Reviewed: 7 February 2019

Nice location on a quiet side street

Walls between the rooms are somewhat thin...

Nice location on a quiet side street. Very friendly staff. Basic but very clean rooms and facilities.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

Its a good homestay with a very caring owner and caretakers.

Its a good homestay with a very caring owner and caretakers. Own was very helpful getting me on a tour last minute! Recommend this place a lot!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

The room is very clean.

The room is very clean. The couple owner are so kind!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Highly recommandable

The walls between the room are very thin

The staff was helpful and the facilities well-organized.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Lovely rooms, great value for money & great hosts

Lovely rooms, great value for money & great hosts

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Nice and friendly stay

Walls very thin, couod here everything from rooms next door

Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

The hospitality of the house owner.

The hospitality of the house owner.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

Feels homely, good location, really friendly host!

No air con so is hot but there is a good fan!

Feels homely, good location, really friendly host!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Excellent.

Just my roomates. they are very noisy!

I like the location. It's near the townproper.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Very comfy and Homieeee Best place to stay in Coron :)))

Very comfy and Homieeee Best place to stay in Coron :)))

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good stay in Coron!

The wall is very thin, so you can listen other room's noise.

The property is very clean and the family worry about your stay.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Nice place near the Coron town proper easy to locate.

Nice place near the Coron town proper easy to locate..

Good value of money

The road on the way is rough road.

Feels like home

Ok place, please buy pillow covers.

Pillows without cover where everyone else had sleep.

Staff very friendly, quiet, only a few rooms, everything was very clean.

Cheap place close to diveshops

no wifi

Staff was very helpful, close to diveshops

Very accomodating staff and nice place to stay, and it feels...

Very accomodating staff and nice place to stay, and it feels like home staying in Yellow house coron.

Very friendly and helpful owner, good location

No hot water

Very friendly and helpful owner, good location

Cheap in a local community location

Walls of the room are paper thin , and very small.

Cheap in a local community location

Highly recommended place to stay to maximize your money for tours.

over priced and horrible food in coron

Very approachable host

The price and the hosts are very accomodating and friendly.

The price and the hosts are very accomodating and friendly.

Good value for money, good location, nice ppl for sure we...

Good value for money, good location, nice ppl for sure we gonna be back. Honestly I can recommend that place.

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 59

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!