Reviews of Chopin Boutique B&B

Smolna 14, Sródmiescie, 00-375 Warsaw, Poland

#18 of 88 B&Bs and Inns in Warsaw

Based on 404 B&B reviews

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Warsaw is an expensive city to stay in but we were disappointed with aspects of this hotel.

The bathroom door was a thin walled slider with noisy, squeaky rollers; the reception & staff were not very efficient (upon arrival we had to wait outside for a few minutes before anyone came to the door (and it wasn't a staff person); our "first" room was found to be occupied upon opening its door and we had a bit of a wait for another one; the sink stopper did not work (luckily we had our own) and the sink drained very slowly; the single beds were narrower than expected.

Room type: Standard. Lots of character in the room furnishings, great old communist era elevator with two sets of doors (a wee bit small), cool lighting.

Excellent hotel and atmosphere.

Amazing breakfast, the team were great in creating a breakfast on our last day for our 5am start despite the kitchen being closed. What's also great are the bikes for use, maps of Warsaw and the daily Chopin concerts. This is my favourite hotel in Warsaw where I visit family often.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

A wonderful three days in Warsaw.

I loved everything about this property. The location was absolutely the BEST. 3 blocks to shopping and 20 minutes to old town. And, many many little cafes and restaurants almost out the door. The only complaint that I have is the smell in the bathroom (sewer). And I think that is a Warsaw City problem, and not just a Chopin B&B problem. I would definitely stay there again.

A pearl in Warsaw

Everything was great

A sweet little hotel in a calm street centrally in Warsaw. Very clean. Very nice atmosphere. Excellent breakfast. Very friendly staff. Very comfortable beds, in unique rooms with various characters. Will definitively be back.

Good location, retro style interior, nice breakfast,...

Hotel car parking is 300 meters away and only 2 spots for the whole hotel, so I didn't get a place and had to pay for on street parking. Additional beds for children where not comfortable, more like folded sofas.

Good location, retro style interior, nice breakfast, friendly staff.

I enjoyed Warsaw.

Breakfast was simple compared to the fee, compared to the fee.

Large room with a real piano. A convenience store just in front of the hotel. A walking distance from a rail way and tram station.

Best hotel in Warsaw!

Best hotel in Warsaw! It captures the special essence of the city and Chopin. I was lucky enough to get the Szpilman room, which had its own piano and private balcony. The salon hosts great concerts every night and the restaurant serves amazing breakfast.

Our place was huge with a large living room and a separate...

Our place was huge with a large living room and a separate bedroom. The furniture was beautiful - all antique pieces. Owner sat down with us at breakfast and we had an interesting discussion with him. He is charming.

The room and staff were very nice .

since it is called B&B, they should include the breakfast with the charge for the room

The room and staff were very nice . We arranged to be picked up at the airport for a reasonable fee and attended a Chopin concert along being served a glass of wine and dessert which was a pleasant surprise!

With the right room, this is a great hotel that I would highly recommend.

For my second stay, they were not able to find my original reservation and so I was given a room that was a bit too funky (I think it was in the middle of a re-model) off a courtyard that did not afford any privacy and didn't let in much light. Shower/tub was awkward to use and hard to keep from soaking the bathroom floor. Smoke from people smoking in the courtyard came into my room if I opened the windows to let in some air in.

I loved the eclectic feel of the hotel, funky but in a good way. I had two rooms there - the first was great, the second was a bit of a disappointment. First room was spacious and comfortable with lots of light and windows that let in a lot of fresh air. Bed was comfortable The quality of the breakfast was good. I enjoyed the piano recital as well.

Super location.

Breakfast starts at 8 on weekend that is good for the tourist that likes to sleep but leaves marathoner hungry

Super location. Close to the center and close to the stadium PGE Narodowy that was important for me as I came to run Warsaw Marathon that had start over there

Made our Warsaw experience special. Dziekuje!

The room was old world charming and large enough to share with 2 daughters. Wonderful location, sweet and professional staff. Delicious breakfast each morning and an interesting "lift". 100% recommendation on all counts!! Dziekuje

Not recommendable for families

It's not very comfortable, especially with children or babies. The lift is minuscule and there is a flight of stairs leading to it. We chose a superior room to have a bigger bed but we got 2 narrow mattresses that were put together but kept separating during the night. Super squeaky floors were waking up the baby if one of us got up to go to the bathroom. Old lamps and strange cables may be a hazard to curious babies and children. The old furniture could use some dusting. Pigeon poop on the balcony.

Vintage look, could be nice for a couple

Lovely Chopin B&B

Some disturbing traffic noise

Personal care, friendliness. Nice, big room with period furniture. Charming with daily house concerts. Very good breakfast.

Great location for a walk and public transportation.

The conditions of the room wasn’t maintained very well, the bathroom was a bit smaller than expected from the picture shown on the website. The location is superb, especially for guests who like to walk to old town during Christmas season because the beautifully decorated main road, Nowy Swiat, is closed for pedestrians on Saturday night.

I love this hotel and have stayed here several times .

I love this hotel and have stayed here several times . It’s always been lovely but this time the standard wasn’t quite as high although I’d still recommend it - great location, ambience and style

Thank you to all the wonderful staff who made the extra...

Thank you to all the wonderful staff who made the extra effort in helping to book the airport transfer upon arrival to booking the train ticket to Krakow. Lovely homemade breakfast and enjoyable concerts every evening. Consider this a homely hideout, location very convenient to many eateries and public transport.

A pleasant surprise !

Chopin B&B is a lovely accommodation in the center of Warsaw. Location is quiet and convenient : close to the main pedestrian Nowy Swiat street with a tram stop just around the corner. The nearest train station (Powisle) is 100 meters away. To and from the Chopin Airport it takes just 20 minutes with the S2 train (4.4 PLN= 1 Euro)… Breakfast is amazing and comes with with home made organic products (jam, honey, bread, coffee etc). The best we had during our trip in Poland. Beds are very comfy, shower is excellent and the daily Chopin house concert is a nice way to conclude your day. Highly recommended.

There's a convenience store across the road, and...

The piano was in dire need of tuning which detracted from the performance by the soloist. I also would not recommend the breakfast.

There's a convenience store across the road, and it's close to transport. There was a very good performance by a String quartet. The bicycle that I hired was fine.

Female staff need to be more knowledgeable on Warsaw sights.

Breakfast was far too pricey, so we opted to grab food from the very conveniently located Express convenient store across the street. Wish it had been included in the price of the room. Would have liked the hotel to be closer to the Old Town, but it was easy enough to get to, just a straight walk down a LONG street. I stayed here twice during my trip - beginning and end of trip. The first time I didn't have any problems. However, in our second room - Helena - the toilet was making the loudest squeaking noise during the night. We managed to temporarily fix it the first night so that we could get to sleep, but it did start up again. The second night was worse. I actually asked the female workers for another room, but they didn't have one. We got no sleep both nights (and I always sleep very soundly in places - even if there is street noise below) The second time I was here and was ready to explore Warsaw I was told (by two female workers) that they didn't have a map! I just sort of stared at them in disbelief and said, "Well, we wanted to go out and explore Warsaw..." They didn't even suggest we go to a tourist info centre for a map, nor did they tell us where one was. One of the girls later found a map in a pamphlet for us and painfully tried to find the museums on it that we wanted to see. It was a lousy map with most street names unlabelled. I didn't bother using it. They took forever locating the few sights I was interested in seeing and once they located the sights I really wasn't sure I trusted what they had marked because they weren't sure of the places to begin with (even though I had all of the sights written in Polish). One of the female workers I didn't find to be overly friendly or welcoming the way the male staff was. I felt like I was putting her out when I asked my questions.

The main reason for staying here is for the concert. The concert offered in the Chopin salon was EXCEPTIONAL! We got a glass of wine with the concert along with cake. If you are at this hotel then you must sign up for the concert. Very professionally done! Also, our concert was an hour and a half instead of just an hour. The scheduled performer couldn't play and Dominik came instead and he was the highlight of our stay in Warsaw. He moved us beyond words. We were so impressed with the concert that we signed up again for another relaxing evening before our return flight home. The male staff member working evenings was very helpful with labelling places on our map for us. He was also extremely helpful with any questions we had. The owner was exceptionally friendly when he met us upon our arrival.

Great place

Nothing😊

Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was spectacular. They did everything to go Out of there this Ay to assist in ev runway possible. Noteworthy staff includes Elsi, Katrina and Sophia, to name a few who made our stay more enjoyable.

The location is excellent.

The BB is close to a major street with trains and trams. My room is facing south to the direction of this street. In the evening, my room is very noisy.

The location is excellent. It can reach the airport, railway station, and major tourist attractions via public transportation easily. The place is close to Nowy Świat street, where there are many cafes, bakeries, and restaurants. The hotel staff are very nice and helpful. The owner Jarek showed up at the breakfast, and he is knowledgeable about the city. The room has high ceilings, and the facilities are adequate. They also give one time use slippers, which is beyond my expectation for BB at this price level.

Old World Charm

The Chopin was a real find. The staff spoke English and we're very helpful. And it was close to great spots in Warsaw. And we attended one of the daily Chopin piano concerts at the B&B which was intimate and delightful.

Authentic Warsaw

The hairdryer in the bathroom needed an upgrade.

It was clean, comfortable and just a bit different from staying at your Sofitel's and Hilton's. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great!

Quirky and fun hotel

A great number of steps! Bathroom was a little on the small side in Szpilman Room.

Reasonable distance from the Old Town. Rooms very spacious and nicely decorated. Very clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Lovely staff, great bed and quiet location near Nowy Swiat

The receptionist helped me by applying first aid as I had sore feet. She was very generous with her time and came to the shop opposite to ensure we bought the correct plasters as we don't speak Polish. Her English was great and she gave us advice on where to go and how to get there. They have loads of bicycles which is very popular given all the traffic free cycle routes. Great evening concerts too and right outside is the Powisle train stop.

A very special B & B in the heart of Warsaw.

Loved the quirky nature of this old B & B. All the rooms were decorated differently. There was a concert on each night if you fancied it. One of a kind accommodation.

Quiet, historic apartments excellently located.

All good

All museums, entertainment and shopping are few minutes walking distance. Staff and management are ready and eager to help you make the most out of your seating in Warsaw. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Location was excellent.

Location was excellent. Evening concerts were a real bonus. Breakfast was excellent. In-house roasted coffee beans home made preserves and bakery. Would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Historic Space in Great Location

Hot water for tea could have been hotter!

Hotel is in historic buildings that have been remodeled beautifully by the owner. There are Chopin and other composer concerts each night for very reasonable price. Owner is visibly present.

Imaginative, individual, inspiring

If you’re after an anonymous international bog-standard (and boring) hotel, just give Chopin a miss and leave it those of us who relish its wonderfulness. So, my single room was a bit pokey, but it was comfortable and classy. The reception was fantastic, the staff kind. And the breakfast (not included in the room rate) is inspiring. And then there’s the nightly concert… and the respectful ambition to return the building to its former glory… Would I stay there again? Nowhere else! By the way if you’re travelling direct from the airport, the train S2 (½ hourly) will take you to station W-wa Powiśl, which is 300 m away: it’s new and Google doesn’t seem to have caught up with it.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Very good location.

Very good location. Reception was very responsive. Don't recommend doing breakfast there -- highly overpriced for Poland and there are many bakeries nearby. Very nice facility but can be a bit noisy on the street side. Would stay again for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

A short visit to Warsaw

Maybe they must be more precise with the information provided. I asked about the tram and how to pay and the answer was by credit card on the tram. There weren't any ticket machine for that on the tram so we were penaltied because of that.

Very kind staff. Location. Nice upgrade apartment.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

What a great find

Everything was perfect

Unique style of the hotel, beautiful room, hand wash smelled so nice but the best bit was the staff so friendly and helpful. 5 star service!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

We liked location, building character and atmosphere.

We liked location, building character and atmosphere. Almost a private piano concert was just like a cherry on the top. Very comfortable mattresses, little things, which shows that the hotel cares about its customers comfort - sponge to polish shoes, shower cap, slippers, etc. Also, room cleanliness and the silence at night.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Enjoyed the very first trip in Warsaw

Hope there would be some sighns front of the boutique.

Pretty good location made me relaxed. The room was big enough for one person, it means that you can stay confotably while your trip!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Will be coming back.

No fridge in our room. Antique wardrobe beautiful but less practical.

Uniqueness. Positive vibes. Friendly service. Clean and comfortable interior. Traditional furniture. Piano concerts are high-end (purchased separately). Overall very happy. The piano in our room was tuned.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Cosy hotel

One of us liked the breakfeast, the other found it poor. It was a bit noisy from other guests.

The staff was very helpful and kind. It was nice that they had Chopin concerts, we visited one and we can recommend this. The hotel is very conveniently located. All the guests at the hotel was friendly as well.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent experience

Although I was rarely in the room, it would have been nice to have an English channel on television......but this is not necessity just a bonus. No worries

I was very comfortable and pleased with the facilities and the very friendly staff. The room was excellent, everything I needed was at my disposale and of the highest standard; I couldn't ask for more. I highly commend Rafal, he was an excellent host with great people skills, I thank him again for making me feel even more welcome....his insight into the lovely Warsaw was truly valuable. Top bloke and top hotel/accommodation.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

A little work required to bring it up to Chopin's standards.

The facility presents itself as high end, yet breakfast was not included and we had to negotiate so that it was. There are a number of routes to take to the room. It seemed a bit complicated the tv did not work and lights had to be plugged in. Suggestions/ 1. As you call yourself a bed and breakfast include breakfast or do not call yoursel a bed and breakfast. 2. See that tv works and lights are plugged in 3. Colour code the routes to the rooms Thankyou.

Online booking worked Breakfast provided after discussion Building safe and clean

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Lovely hotel in the perfect spot !

Nothing ! A perfect stay

Location, 15 min walking distance from the central station and palace of culture and close to shops, restaurants and bars The king room was fabulous and very cosy ! Bed was very comfortable The decor of the b&b was very stilish

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Kind staff in lovely B&B.

This B&B was really well located near Nowy Swiat and public transport. The staff are very kind and the B&B has a lovely atmosphere. The concert in the salon was a memorable touch. I would like to visit Warsaw again and would stay here again without reservation.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Enjoy staying at Chopin B&B

There is WIFI but my room is a bit far from the router so connection is not very good. Bathroom/toilet with no curtain/blind though it is about 80 metre away from neighbour apartment.

Room is exactly as it is stated on the website and location is great in that you can easily walk to the old town or take the public transport within 3-min walk to everywhere else in the city. Staff are helpful and friendly. You can enjoy Chopin music any nights you wish inside the building.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

great spirit of old warsaw

amazing place to stay in warsaw, takes you back in old times with good taste you can hear piano playing chopin silently in every corner of building, amazing

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

GOOD LOCATION.

HAD TO REMIND THE STAFF TO CLEAN OUR ROOM. WERE WITHOUT WATER FOR HALF A DAY( NOT THEIR FAULT ) BUT NO OFFER OF COMPENSATION. LIFT DOES NOT GO TO THE ENTRANCE LEVEL. HEATING IS ADEQUATE BUT ONLY. OUR SUITE WOULD NOT ACCOMMODATE HANDICAP INDIVIDUAL. IN FACT , ANYONE WITH PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS SHOULD BE MADE KNOWN OF THE LAYOUT OF THE B & B.

GOOD LOCATION. STAFF FRIENDLY AND ENGLISH WAS GOOD. THEY TRIED REAL HARD TO MEET ALL OF OUR REQUESTS.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Cozy and comfortable.

Cozy and comfortable. Very good breakfest.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

There was a chicken coop smell when you open the closet.

Location. Location. Location

Great atmosphere and clean

Great atmosphere and clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Lovely decor and free piano concerts

No air conditioning

Free concerts location and room decor

Good location.

Good location.

Pleasently surprised

Breakfast was wonderful, location perfect. The staff was accommodating.

I loved everything about Chopin B&B.

Chopin B&B is a charming hotel. Interesting and unique and artistic interior. With outdoor courtyard and flowers. Owners friendly and warm.

Location is great for walking.

Lighting is dim. Have to walk up a flight of stairs to reach elevator.

Location is great for walking. Breakfast buffet is middle.

Charming place

Chopin concert, quiet place

Chopin B&B it’s a very fashionable place, with a special...

Chopin B&B it’s a very fashionable place, with a special soul. It’s clear that it has been designed and realized in a very careful way,

Excellent.

The welcome, the ambience, the concert in the Chopin Salon, the breakfast - all excellent.

Lovely small hotel with personal care

My room, the Szpilman, with a small salon and a piano! Could not be better.-

Very convenient location.

Very convenient location. I could walk everywhere I wanted to go.

Wonderfull quiet intimistic place

The breakfast was not that good as promised

It is a very beautifull place with a nice soft atmosphere. A quiet rather intimistic place

Nice and friendly quiet place.

Nice and friendly quiet place. 15 min walking to old center

a nice place, unique character

Delicious coffee ; very tasty bread and jam and ham ...- seem to be organic products

great location

fridge was not very cold

comfy bed, great breakfast

the heating system has been working to minimum (t = 16-18 C)...

the heating system has been working to minimum (t = 16-18 C), the light in the toilet has been not working properly - intermittently.

Nicely situated for where we had meeting.

Nicely situated for where we had meeting. No problem with public parking. Good place. Nice breakfast with self roasted coffee!

They were very nice, the best hosts ever.

They were very nice, the best hosts ever. And there was live piano music!

I've already booked another stay at end of this month.

Very amiable staff. Clean and warm. Minimal yet warm decor with urban Polish tones.

Daily piano concerto.

Nothing negative to say.

Daily piano concerto. Breakfast with homemade products. Authentic interior. Friendly personnel.

Overall, a wonderful experience

This an unique, caring B&B, very close to everything and so helpful . The breakfasts are amazing!

The room is lovely, high ceilings, cosy, cool decor

The room is lovely, high ceilings, cosy, cool decor

Value for money with good location. Perfect, if you're not a fan of chain hotels.

The place is very charming with it's own unique style. You get a cosy feeling there. The location is excellent.

Chopin concert, rooms decoration and breakfast

Chopin concert, rooms decoration and breakfast

Wonderful breakfast and great Chopin condert!

Everything was excellent

Wonderful breakfast and great Chopin condert!!

Loved the staff, location, charm of the room.

There was no English-speaking channel on TV; no inroom safe.

Service, staff

Great location. Helpfil staff. Good breakfast

Would recommend & stay again.

Although breakfast looked great, I was turned off by some flies in the eating area.

Location was ideal, room lovely.

Browse Chopin Boutique B&B traveller photo gallery