Reviews of Campanile Hotel Szczecin 2 stars

Wyszyńskiego 30, Srodmiescie, 70-203 Szczecin, Poland

#27 of 33 hotels in Szczecin

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Part of the staff didn't give me the information...

Part of the staff didn't give me the information regarding the location of the bus to the airport. The table in the room without lighting. Inadequacy - there is no possibility of hanging towels.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR GUESTS WITH CAR -THEY DID NOT FIND PLACE IN THEIR GARAGE 4 MY CAR!

LACK OF PARKING FOR MY CAR DESPITE PROMISES OF DESK STAFF ABOUT IT AND THEN GARAGE STAFF LIED TO ME IN THE MORNING THAT THERE WAS NO PLACE FOR MY CAR IN UNDERGROUND HOTEL GARAGE -I SAW THERE WERE SOME FREE PARKING PLACES LEFT !!!! I WAS LEFT ALONE AT 6 a.m. WITH MY CAR UNPARKED IN HOTEL GARAGE AND I HAD TO LOOK FOR SOME CAR PARKING IN THE BIG CITY ALONE TO PARK MY CAR FOR THE NEXT 10 HOURS SOMEWHERE I DID NOT KNOW AND THEN COME BACK ON FOOT TO THE HOTEL -HOTEL STAFF DID NOT CARE ABOUT IT AT ALL ! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR THE GUESTS WITH THEIR CARS ! THERE IS NO PROPER COMMUNICATION BETWEEN GARAGE STAFF AND DESK STAFF IN THIS HOTEL ABOUT THE NUMBER OF OCCUPIED GARAGE PARKING SPACES-OR MAYBE THE GARAGE STAFF RENTS THIS GARAGE TO SOMEBODY ELSE BUT NOT FOR THE HOTEL GUESTS! AFTER THAT I WAS TOLD -''SORRY WE HAVE ONLY 30 PARKING SITES FOR 70 ROOMS ....ETC''.

1)location in the centre of town 2) low price,3) bed mattress,4) breakfast food

HOTEL CAMPANILE SZCZECIN

Room could have been a little bit bigger but for the money it was okay . Overall it was a good value comfortable room with Wifi and TV

Did not have breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Could have been much better.

The 1st night, we went to eat in the restaurant, but it wasn't open, we we're told we could eat in the bar, the first 2 items we ordered were unavailable, the wine and gin we ordered were unavailable. Then the last day the lift wasn't working, so we had to walk up to the 4th floor twice. The breakfast was poor as compared to other Campanila hotels I have stayed at, I stayed here last year and overall it was much better then. Very disappointed this time as compared to my last stay. The lady on the desk who signed us in and the lady who looked after our room were excellent, but the rest of the staff didn't do them justice.

The location, cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Breakfast really exceeded my expectations - fantastic...

The lift could have been working. I trust that this was just a matter of bad luck. A very pleasant stay anyway.

Breakfast really exceeded my expectations - fantastic scrambled eggs, very good coffee. A lot better than many 4-star hotels. Did not expect such a breakfast in a hotel that is rated 2 stars. I also expected less of a room. A very positive experience.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great central location in Szczchen

Nothing...very friendly! We shall be back! Thankyou!

Great location... excellent friendly staff who opened up the breakfast room for us , although we were late! Good Wi-Fi...great breakfast!

Does the job but not luxury

Surprisingly, it's a bit shabby. I associate Campaniles with fresh hotels and open space. This seems to be a takeover of a grotty city centre old hotel, and the refit hasn't been deep enough. Everything's a bit cheap. Access to the car park is tight, getting out is insane. I realise there's not much can be done about that, but if you're driving it's pretty tough.

The location is good, the breakfast is fine, the staff are efficient and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very central, close to both the train station and the old...

Shower was quite slippery. Bed was a bit soft for my taste. Building not particularly attractive, though staff friendliness made up for it.

Very central, close to both the train station and the old town. Room had a bathroom adapted for people who use wheelchairs; I don’t know if that’s standard, but if it is, I applaud their embrace of universal design. Breakfast (included) was very varied.

too hot to sleep

air conditioning was broken, staff were evasive when I asked them about it. upfront honesty is what i prefer. this happened during very hot weather. i was there 2 days and not fixed. this should have been a priority

My advice is to take a room on the first or second floor.

I booked a room for non-smoking person but my room smelled discussing. It was too hot inside. No aircondion.

My advice is to take a room on the first or second floor.

Facilities in hotel and in room were good and easy to use.

Rooms could be a little bit more spacious, however, that would be difficult to fix :-) Anyway, it is good value for money.

Facilities in hotel and in room were good and easy to use. Breakfast was really good - we enjoyed it.

Hotel is good for the price and location.

Bathroom could have been cleaned better. When we started our stay, water in the shower was standing... when I called a cleaning service, a cleaning lady took out a bunch of hair from there... why this is not cleaned properly ?

Hotel is good for the price and location. Room is nice and cozy. Stuff very friendly.

Clean modern hotel in a great location.

The airport is 45km out of town but there is a very cheap and fast bus service to the bus station. It is only 5 minutes walk to the Campanile Hotel. I asked at reception about local sight seeing and was given a map which had to self guided walks around town. The pavements were also marked with a red line to follow and numbers relating to the descriptions. Very good . If you have a couple of hours or more I highly recommend this walking tour. Just ask at reception.

Inexpensive but not as good

Breakfast was ok not as good. They didnot add items which got finised although there was quite some time until the breakfast time was over. Wifi will ask for permission to access all your personal data, you do not have a choice to not share the data if you wish to use the Wifi.

The location is good. The price tag for the restaurant is also decent. Breakfast was ok not as good. They didnot add items which got finised although there was quite some time until the breakfast time was over. Staff was ok. Wifi should be available without wanting to share personal information.

Bad WiFi, only location is good

Add more electic sockets, don't sell single room as a twin and for twin price.

The room was pretty small. There was no fridge, not enough electric sockets, just two. I suspect initially it was a single room but greedy management brought one more bed in and sales this room as twin

Great location, good breakfast, poor room cleanliness.

I stayed here about 3 years ago so I knew what to expect. However, I think that the room cleanliness has gone down. My bin was not emptied at all - I stayed from Sunday to Thursday. Halfway through my stay, I left the towels on the floor to have them changed. Instead, the same towels have been folded and hung. I could tell because they still had mascara stains. A coffee cup that I took to the room after breakfast was left unwashed on my dresser for the entire stay. I didn't expect a 5* treatment in a 2* hotel but emptying bins and clean towels when requested are the basics.

The location is great - near Old Square, great restaurants, river Oder and railway/bus station. One hour drive from the Szczecin-Goleniowo airport.

Great place with friendly staff next to a stunning church! Top pick!

Was a little loud off the street, but, given the location on the major road, hardly surprising.

Lots of assistance from the staff with advice for city exploring. Generous and friendly. Great pick and would stay there again!

This hotel has seen better days and would need a renovation.

Worn out furniture and uncomfy mattresses. Not toilet brush in the bathroom.

Property in a walking distance from the city centre and the railway station.

Good for a short stay

Couldn't open the window, because of the obnoxious noise from Wyszyńskiego Street (and I asked for a quiet room).

Central location in the city centre. Helpful staff.

The staff was great. They let us choose our room, which had a nice view. The location was central to everything we wanted. And the room itself was perfect.

Does what it says on the tin - for short stay is more than adequate

grubby and a little dated - very expensive restaurant/breakfast and had to use a card to operate the lift - annoying!

Very standard 'budget' hotel - you get what you pay for! 1/2 price of other hotels. Tea and coffee in room and comfy mattress.

Great location, friendly staff, room available earlier, you...

There could be more power sockets in the room.

Great location, friendly staff, room available earlier, you can use the kettle to prepare coffee or tea, there are two bottles of water provided by the hotel. Room big enough, spacious bathroom.

Good Location

The room smelled of cigarettes. After requesting a new room I was moved to a room that shared a wall with the elevator. Not great when u want peace and quiet and try to fall asleep after long day of traveling.

Clean, good location, comfortable

I really enjoyed my stay and I am returning in April and plan to stay at the same hotel.

The lift was not working on the Sunday

It was very peaceful and the staff were extremely helpful given that they speak English and I do not speak Polish.

It was ok but could have been better.

Good experience but the shower was half broken. Hotelroom doors slamming woke me up.

Very friendly staff, good location. It was quiet and center of town is really close.

Low cost low standard

Everything should be refurbished. Its old. Penalty for smoking 900zl is radiculus!

Location and Price. Also coffe to go paper cup at breakfest is very nice!

The hotel is fine, but there is nothing special to say.

I was missing some extra heating or any posibilities to regulate temperature - it was a bit too cold for me. I wouldn't recommend breakfast - it was definitely too expensive and not worth it. Also a hotel bar had poor choice and most of snack/desserts/food from their menu weren't available.

The hotel is fine, but there is nothing special to say. It is in city center, so location is fine, staff was really helpful, facilities prepared for a business trip.

Never again. I am surprised that the Campanile Company permits this show down of quality in Szczecin

I am a frequent traveler in Poland. Frankly speaking I will never come back ito this hotel. Everything is under the lowest level of quality. Dirty sheets, dirty walls, dirty floor. The heating was not working. I asked for an additional blanket. The staff told me that was too late (9 pm).

Close to the main train station, 10-15min walk.

Sleeping in past 9 o clock not possible because of busy staff. But probably not possible in any hotel :)

Close to the main train station, 10-15min walk. 24h front desk. Check out at noon possible without fee. Shampoo, Soap, hairdryer & towels available in the room, as well as coffee& tea. Would recommend to friends for one or two nights stay.

The Eco-guest plaque, whining about not leaving a phone...

The Eco-guest plaque, whining about not leaving a phone charging for the whole night, really? How am I supposed to get a fully-charged device in the morning? Just two sockets, one used for the in-room TV, the other almost broken

perfect location for the Tall Ship Races event

-the price was twice as high as it should be on the weekends -there was no place to park the car -the bar is open only till midnight

-comfy place with everything you need around -good breakfast -clean

Good location on the edge of the old town with friendly helpful staff.

Noise late at night from other guests, shower holder didn't work properly, hot breakfast was separate from cold breakfast and this was not immediately evident.

Helpful staff, good location, simple basic hotel.

This place is definitely overpriced in relation to quality. The curtains were dirty, and from the bathroom was coming out the unpleasant smell. I do not recommend

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

- fatalna obsługa

- fatalna obsługa - niski komfort pokoju This is low budget accomodation. Uninteresting localization (old flats rebuilt into hotel), and very low service (after stay I can not get leaved stuff).

No care of costumers

The bedroom: no heating system The reception : no bed for my 5 months kids (paid when we booked) and they didn't trust us so they check and after 1h we got it...

the location

Dit not get the room that we had already payed for :(

When we came to the hotel after midnight 4. April. The hotel was overbooked, so we could not get the room, that we already had payed for through. Booking.com. We had to sleep in the car that night. We went back to the hotel the next day and got a room. The hotel manager was kind and helpful, but that could not really make up for having to sleep in the car, the first night.

Nice place

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Good value for money, when on sale

Shower in my room, despite booking.com said bath Low temperature in the room, no radiator or temp switcher You need to opt-in for marketing e-mails in order to get free Wi-fi Staff seemed to be bored (reception)

Very good location Good value for money, even though some parts of the hotel needs to be repainted/refurbished Staff attended to my request Free water, kettle, tea/coffee

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Didn't expect much, didn't get much.

They wanted to charge 10€ for the underground parking. That would be more expensive than the outside parking specially when it's free on weekends. Besides that, there's nothing really wrong with the place but nothing special either. It just felt a bit expensive for what you get.

The location is very good. The staff was very polite.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Great value for money, super location in the centre of the town

No toilet brush in the bathroom and no bin in the bedroom. The hotel had a note at reception saying the bar and restaurant would be closed on the 1st of Januar, but they were also closed on the 31st of December, which would have been fine if they had have informed the guests.

Hotel room was very simple, but clean and suited our needs. Breakfast buffet was great, a wide range of choice, some advice for celiacs, of you contact the hotel in advance they said they can organise gluten free bread (we forgot to do so, but they promised this would have been possible) but even still, there was a good choice of gluten free foods (Scrambled eggs, sausages, yoghurts, salads and fruits) We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful Very central location, ideal for a short trip, despite having a room facing the street, I found it not loud at all despite it being New Years Eve/Day (and I'm a light sleeper)

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Breakfasts were great value, offered a range of options and...

Having booked through booking.com and had confirmation from them about my booking before arriving in Szczecin, I was dismayed to find that the hotel had no record of my booking. However, once I showed my emails reminding me of the booking, the reception staff lost no time in finding me a room. Since leaving Europe I have written to the hotel asking if I had left a shawl behind in my room. This email has not even been acknowledged. That is disappointing.

Breakfasts were great value, offered a range of options and were very satisfying. I also slept really well there - beds just right!

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

1 Night wisit in Szczecin

Easy to come with the car, close the city center restaurants etc. Clean room, comfortable bed and reasonable good breakfast. I can go there again if needed.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Campanile should finely fix this hotel.

The rooms are old and the quality is below average. The price is too high. Campanile, like all French chain hotels, trying make as much money as possible without spending to increase the quality. The electric cables from the kettle are not secured which is not acceptable. Towels hanger in the bathroom has been fixed with very poor quality. Hotel has 20 years but the rooms have never been modernized.

Not first-time in this hotel due location. It was clean, the bed was good, and friendly reception. That's all good what you could say about the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Nice for a short break.

No bar area.

In the centre of szczecin. 24h reception.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The area was close to everything but there were lots of...

The area was close to everything but there were lots of Holigans looking men around the hotel

The breakfast was good

The service's were very good I was very happy

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

GOOD BREAKFAST .

NOTHING

GOOD BREAKFAST . THE RESTAURANT HAD GOOD FOOD

The breakfast was pretty good, and it was in the centre,...

The breakfast was pretty good, and it was in the centre, near to everything.

Excellent city location

-expensive - the restaurant downstairs was closed - noisy road nearby - breakfast is very expensive (35 PLN)

+location +very comfy beds +staff

Nice city

Restaurant was closed😢

Good location, nice hotel

Pretty good overall.

The location was a bit far from the city center, but still a short enough walk to be doable.

The breakfast was fantastic!

Excellent stay

Great safe parking, and close to the city.

Close to center

No airco. No scrambeled eggs at breakfast

Close to center Nice atmosphere

good value for money

There was no electric plugs close to the bed. No other complaint other than that.

It was a good stay. Nice breakfast as well

Okay for the low price

Could be a little bit better looking

Price was very good as well as location

Ę

Old damaged furniture

"

Depends on each one option

Good

Located in centre to take walk around old town as well as...

Located in centre to take walk around old town as well as promenade.

There was a problem with smell in the room.

There was a problem with smell in the room.

Have my price to stay there,wont pay more

Bad

C

C

They put 2 men one bed

They put 2 men one bed

Im in Szczecin every week and I d like2have lower price..

It was quiet

The diner-food is lousy

No good breakfast

Good

smell in the corridor

there was a kettle in the room

Climatisation was not working

Lack of air conditioning

Bad

Instant coffee

Instant coffee

A good place to stay on a tourist visit to Szczecin

The reception and breakfast room was a bit cold

The location is excellent. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable

The bed was ok.

For sure hotel needs refreshment.

The bed was ok. Room clean.

I like the bef

Bed

great location, nice and helpful staff, comfy bed.

breakfast really could be better

great location, nice and helpful staff, comfy bed.

I liked bed

I likedcthat it was quiet though in center

I liked bed

Okay hotel good location

Had to have new pass each day

Great place, great staff.

Very helpful staff. Good central location.

Browse Campanile Hotel Szczecin traveller photo gallery