Reviews of Hotel Delta 3 stars

ul. Mazowiecka 6, Krowodrza, 30-036 Kraków, Poland

#183 of 282 hotels in Kraków

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Small basic room and friendly staff

The room is much smaller than it is shown in photos. You can hear anything from the hallway and the room next to you. They made a mistake on the room rate when I changed the booking. I don’t mind to pay more than expected but they should have double check before giving an answer.

The staff are friendly and quick to response. Room is clean and bed are comfortable.

Spot on!
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked this as a trip for my mum and dad as a thank you for the help they gave us for the wedding, and they loved it! they said that the hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming, and as my mum is a Coeliac, they made every effort to accommodate her food needs at breakfast. The staff were also brilliant when I was booking this trip, again very helpful with everything! Recommend Hotel Delta!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great value for money. Good location. 15 min walk to main square.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very small and hot at night and early morning traffic was noisy with window open. Air conditioning units arrived the day we left so probably ok now. No tea\coffee making facilities in the room, had to go downstairs to reception for this.

Buffet breakfast was good. Rooms were clean though some rooms were a little on the small side. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only 15 minutes walk to main square. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good for one night not for more
    • Double or Twin Room

doors and walls aren't sound insulated and u can hear even a slight sneeze. At 7 am someone decide to start hoovering the landing which wouldn't be a problem if the walls wouldn't be so thin. Breakfast choice very poor and not appetising considering the price. Hotel using cheap products. Staff doesn't make u feel welcome - maybe due to long working hours.

Rooms very small but very comfy bed.which was the only plus of this hotel

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

It had a good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were tiny and there seemed to be a funny smell throughout the entire time

It had a good location. Short 15 min walk to the main square. Bed was comfortable and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Stunning city
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were so pleasant and helpful, they went above and beyond to assist us and ensure our stay went smoothly. Room was very clean and beds really comfortable.

Lovely hotel with history

Only issue was the noisy traffic, I didn't sleep very well unfortunately .

Staff were great, hotel interior was lovely. The hotel is in a great location, just a short walk into Krakow centre.

Nice hotel just outside the centre

I asked for a double bed, they only put the beds together....

The location is good, just outside the centre, 10 min walk. Very easy location when you are by car, you are next to a main road in/out the city. The room is quite small but has everything you want.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great experience! Fab place to stay!

Bed on the edges was a little hard but roll into the middle and so comfy!!!

Breakfast was more than I expected. Good choice of cold meats, cheese and salad. Hot food available as well. Yougarts beautiful and an excellent choice of hot drinks to. Room was very comfortable and the space was more than adequate. Twenty minute walk to the Old Town, accessible to train station and shopping centre. 9 zloty to the airport from the train station.

All together it's not bad, but it could be better

- The dining room is in the basement.. it's dark and depressing. Also the variety of the breakfast could be improved. - My room was on the ground floor, facing the backyard. At 6 AM I woke up for the noise of huge waste containers being moved. I see the point of taking them out for waste collection, but why would you do it at 6 in the morning? That's scandalous! - My last complaint is related to the receptionist who was on duty on the day of my check out (I stayed 1 night only). First of all, I admit I should have noticed that there is a sign showing where the dining room is. However, I didn't see it, so I turned to the reception desk for help. The lady at the reception made faces when I dared to ask about where the breakfast is served. She said she'd show me where to find it but first she turned to her co-worker and said to her in Polish with an attitude: "ale mnie to wkurza" (in English it means: "it pisses me off though"). As I was speaking all the time in English she might have not known that I understand Polish language (thanks to my Polish ex I also know quite a few short-tempered expressions in Polish). Anyway, this kind of behaviour is unprofessional. She's there to assist customers without commenting on their questions/requests..

+ The receptionist who was on duty upon my arrival (07.08.2018 morning) was very cheerful and helpful. The property should hire more people with such positive personality. + Due to my flight's schedule I arrived earlier (around 11:15AM) than the check-in time (14:00), yet I was allowed to occupy my room even before noon. + Upon arrival I was offered a free coffee/tea. It was a great welcome. :) -/+ The weather was hot (above 30ºC/85 ºF) in Kraków and so was the room. Unfortunately, there was no air conditioning in it, but the lady in the reception gave me a fan which helped a lot. Still, I think that the property should equip its rooms with air conditioning.

comfortable and very friendly

The staff were very helpful, giving direction, booking travel for us and always welcoming us when we returned to the hotel. The breakfast was also lovely and there was a handy shop next to the hotel.

Good place for a short stay

Furniture is quite old-fashioned and no lift if you're travelling with heavy luggage.

Good place convenient for a couple of nights. Nice rooms and everything needed and clean there. Not far from the center.

Terrible experience.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our stay at Hotel Delta was very unpleasant. We arrived at the hotel late afternoon after a 4-hour journey from Warsaw early in the morning and after a half day at Auschwitz the same day. We were very tired and all we wanted was to rest at the comfy double bed that we had booked. So, we checked in and the receptionist informed us that our room had twin beds instead of a double bed. We politely said that there must be a mistake and asked her to check again and fix it. She was annoyed immediately and she said that we should had write as a special request that we wanted a double room. We insisted that she should change us the room and she said that there is no double room available and then she headed to the room in order to unite the twin beds into one. We remained calm although we were very tired and we explained to her that booking.com has a multiple choice in the reservation form so we marked he double room as always and this is the first time that someone says that we should have also write it again as a special request. Then she started to yell and repeating the ridiculous justification for her mistake. Imagine 2 exhausted people with the luggages in their hand arguing with the receptionist at the reception hotel for 20 minutes.. This was the most horrible treatment that we have had all these years using booking for our travels. The problem was solved eventually when she demanded us to say that this was our mistake and not hers and then she gave us another room with double bed that in the first place she was absolutely sure that she hadn't available! After this we were even more exhausted and frustrated. At last, the room had a double bed but it was very soft and uncomfortable. The pillows weren't a regular pillows and the bed cover wasn't one as someone will expect for a double bed but there were two twin bed covers which it was also uncomfortable.The light in the room was bad and room adjustment was weird and inconvenient.

This was a very bad experience. The only thing that was ok was the bathroom.

A very pleasant stay

The pillows

I stayed at Delta for 3 nights and I had a really good experience. The location is good, the Grottgera bus stops are only a few hundred metres away so transport from/to the airport is easy with the 208 bus line. Also the market square is only about 10mins on foot with some nice restauranst in the area. The hotel itself is quiet, my room was very tidy and sufficiently big. The breakfast is awesome, I think this was by far the best breakfast in terms of variety I've ever had in a hotel. Also it is really high quality and tasty. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even taught me polish phrases and words when I asked for help. The only negative I would mention the pillows were too soft for me but that is personal preference so doesn't apply for everybody. All in all I had a great experience and would happily stay here again in the future and would definitely recommend it for fellow travellers!

A budget hotel suitable for larger groups of friends but the location is brilliant.

The bed was very uncomfortable, the rooms were small and the staff forgot to arrange for flowers for my friend, despite been booked a couple of months in advance. There is no single room with a double bed, no double beds at all at the property.

The location is the best thing, so close to the Old Town. The place is clean and tidy, the staff is friendly and there is coffee and tea for the guests at any time. And Krakow is great, well worth seeing! The stay was fairly comfortable.

Amazing trip, few tiny things but nothing worth complaining about
    • Double or Twin Room

Twin bed when we ordered a double room, shower leaked, charged an extra £10 for unknown reason but wasn't going to make an issue as we couldn't be bothered and carpet coming up in room 14

Beautiful hotel very clean, great location, easy to navigate around, the best hotel for the money

Nice stay in Krakow

The only minus would be that it was a bit chilly in the room due to a window that wasn't properly closing.

The hotel is nice, clean, good for its money, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Location- a bit far from the city center, at about 20 min distance walk. Overall, it's ok.

Uncomfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds were uncomfortable and it was two single beds put together rather than a double bed. Shower was tiny and leaked if we had the shower pointing towards the door. Water needed a bottle opener but no bottle opener was provided. Lighting was really poor. And when asked for fresh towels the cleaner only gave us one.

One of the receptionists was lovely. We needed to know how to get to the Oska Shindler's factory and she did us a map highlighig the tram we needed and where to get off for when we got up I'm the morning.

Comfortable Budget Hotel close to the center

Perhaps the mattress is a bit too soft, but this is also subjective.

The staff of Hotel Delta is very professional and kind. The room are small but are exactly what I was expecting when I looked at the picture. The shower is fantastic and everything works perfectly.

Friendly atmosphere and great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very very minor point but there were no towels in our room when we arrived

Friendly atmosphere and great location. Room was tidy and clean and provided us with a great place to stay in Kraków!

10 min walk from old town centre.

To begin with the room was not the one i booked and that was easy to notice since it had two single beds instead of a double one. The receptionist suggested the only room with a double room that was available trying to solve this, that was a plus, but it was way to small and not comfortable at all so we kept the one that gave us in the beggining. The fridge was not a fridge but something to keep temperature ,i highly doubt that, but there was a solution to use the staff's fridge which was just outside our room that was only because we were in the ground floor. At our last day there was a truck just outside our window early in the morning ( that was our view also ). It did too much noise and that wasn't really good for us since we had our journey home that day and we needed some rest before we travel. For same price or cheaper we could find something better. I dont doubt it is a 3 star hotel but our room was below average. P.S Nothing to do with the hotel but keep in mind that the polish tv has all of its program in polish sound. Even in american movies you can hear english and then the polish translation in sound and not in subtitles. That makes the tv useless unless connected with a laptop to use it in your own language.(same everywhere in Poland not hotel's fault).

10 min walk from old town centre. All of the girls in reception were gentle and smily. Easy to find. Offers tea and coffee.

Nice for short and longer stays

I have some complaints about noise in the room (wasn't soundproof enough). Another think - windows is not tight so, I felt cold air going from them.

Hotel is located on two floors of buiding, very close to Old City (15 min by walk to Main Square). Neighbourhood is safe and calm. Easy to find. There was clean inside, and all equippement was quite modern. In recepcion desk you can drink hot drinks (24h/day). You can storage your laggage after you check-out. Room was pretty small, but comfortable. There was very clean, all bed-sheets and towels were fresh. You can use free cosmetics and complimentary water. There was as well fridge and TV.

See above

Reception staff lovely and very helpful. Breakfast and staff were great and couldn’t do enough for you. Cleaning ladies a credit to the hotel rooms cleaned daily to a high standard. Thank you to everyone for helping make my 50th birthday a great success

The room was much smaller than expected.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was much smaller than expected. The breakfast had very little choice and was not worth paying extra for and we didn’t bother going back after our first visit. There was a hairdryer provided but it was a quite small and weak travel version which is fine but if I had known I would have brought my own. The tea and coffee facilities are in reception not the room. The fridge in the room did not work.

Excellent!
    • Double or Twin Room

The towels that they provided are a bit old and rugged. Very clean but rather falling apart.

The girls in reception (although they were different ones in different hours) were very capable, knowledgeable and extremely helpful!!! Bravo! There is complimentary tea and coffee (and filtered water with no gas) in the reception that is very nice to combat the freezing weather.

The pillow and duvet were really comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

I felt that the description on booking.com was a bit deceiving; the room was really small and the location not as good as described.

The pillow and duvet were really comfortable.

OK for 1 night
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were not really nice. Also we couldn't find the heating button to turn it off, so we decided to open the window for the whole night. It's a small room.

The design was quite cool. The staff was also really understandable and spoke really good English. Location is ok. They were really easy with paying the property so that made me feel welcome.

50th birthday surprise
    • Double or Twin Room

maybe the location was a bit further than expected from square and lighting in room is poor. maybe tea and coffee facilities in room would be better although you could have this in lobby at any time.

excellent value for money. comfortable and clean with hot water after a long day and breakfast very good

The hotel facility is definitely recommended; hotel management must think about internet for guests.

Internet access is problematic. No internet in the room where I've stayed and I needed to move myself into the lobby to catch it.

A pretty nice accommodation, clean and comfortable room.

Apart from the non stop rain we enjoyed Krakow and will go back to hopefully a bigger hotel room.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms are tiny. We booked a double bed with Booking.com but we got two single beds pushed together. When we asked at reception we were told they don't have double beds. Disappointed with Booking.com for advertising a room with a double bed that the hotel doesn't have.

The Hotel was spotless. The breakfast was good. The reception staff were excellent.

Enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was a little out and the breakfast didn't really cater for everyone

Lovely, clean little hotel perfect for a couple of nights away. Bedrooms were nicely decorated and size was perfect.

Clean room, nice breakfast, good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine, though the rooms on pictures on booking look a little bit better than they do in reality.

Clean room, nice breakfast, good location.

Perfect

Hotel doesn't have parking for themselves clients:(

Everything was good. Wonderful place and careful personal create good mood and atmosphere for my journey. I was tired and had a good rest in this hotel.

The beds were comfy, good wifi and really helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't think the location was as good as I had read in other reviews. It was a 15 minute walk to the old town and obviously more to the Jewish quarter. This doesn't sounds like much but compared to a lot of centrally located hotels, it felt like we were quite far out. The rooms were hot. We opened the window but we were in a very busy, noisy road. The hotel did provide a fan so it was fine.

The beds were comfy, good wifi and really helpful staff. The room was clean as was the bathroom, with modern fittings and plenty of hot water. On the right side of town if you want to be near the main train station (20 minute walk). Tea/coffee and water available in the reception area.

Good hotel 20 min walk away from the old town

The carpet was humid for some reason near the entrance of the bathroom but it's not a big deal. The room can get quite warm if it is outside. But with the use of the provided fan, it can be alright.

It's definetely a good hotel. The staff is nice and is there all the time. The bed is very comfy, they have massive pillows! And the shower is very effective too. The breakfast offer a lot of different choices which is good, even if I personally found some of the home made dish not so great.

Good value for its price

Poor wi-fi signal, room service didn't impress. No AC and (subjectively) extremely soft beds.

Good location, nice staff, cozy room, decent breakfast, quiet.

Recomended to stay for everyone!!!

If I come to Krakow again, definitely we will stay there. It was VERY clean and all facilities are there. Would recommend to anyone who is traveling to Krakow. It is not located in the city center but very near, however, if you are coming for leisure no matter where do you stay, all day is spent out of hotel and it is easy to access by public transport at any time. It is recomended.

1) On that day, internet was not working at all, can happen...

1) On that day, internet was not working at all, can happen of course, but created me lots of problems cause I had to book my flights back home. 2) Room facing the street, at 5am was already super noisy!

Staff very helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Mattress was extremely uncomfortable. All lumpy, had to turn it over every evening before sleeping. No ac in room. Hotel needs to be more clean.room was very small.

Staff very helpful. Location good.

Value for money hotel, 15 minute walk from central station and old town.

One side of Double bed against wall, poor access. Room a little cramped. No air conditioning. Fridge active but didn't cool drinks. Traffic noise when windows open.

Good breakfast, free tea and coffee. Good price. Location not bad for the price.value for money. Information about the former bank vault.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

A wonderful visit

No comment

The hotel was very convenient for us to walk to the centre of town . The bedroom and shower room were very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We would recommend this hotel for a short or even longer visit.

We were left alone to do our own thing staff were friendly...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of decorating going on so we were awakened in the morning by drilling and a very very strong smell of glue or whatever strong substance they were using to decorate which was very disappointing as it made us feel sick.

We were left alone to do our own thing staff were friendly enough it was our first time in poland and didn't know what to expect we were happy enough with this property although I don't think I would go back as it was to far from the main town centre but good value for the money

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Hotel delta

Clean local...

Hotel clean was just what I needed 10 min walk to centre don't go if you want a hotel with a view there isn't 1 ..I'd stay again..

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Class, Comfort and Convenience!

This is a clean, comfortable property with a super-friendly, super-helpful staff, and a pretty decent, Polish-style breakfast. The rooms are small (some would say cozy) but elegant and classy. The bed I slept in felt like heaven, and the bathroom was large. Wifi was decent, as well. In terms of location, the neighborhood is rather quiet, but there are several restaurants near by, and the old town is a ten to fifteen minute stroll direct from the hotel to the location of the old city gate (now a park). There are also several pharmacies nearby, which helped me, personally. I have no complaints. Had a fabulous time!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Nice place to stay

Nothing, very good quality for this price!

Clean, cosy and close to the city center. Allowed me to take the room at 12, although I should have wait till 14-00.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

its quite affordable
    • Double or Twin Room

the bathroom had a sickening musty smell they tried to clean it but it actually got worse over time .The Wi-fi was not very good ,its actually stronger across the street.

The breakfast was amazing and the staff is really friendly

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Friendly and helpful staff

Staff were very friendly. I arrived at 5:30am having caught an overnight bus from Prague. As the room was free, they kindly allowed me to check in early. They went to every effort to be welcoming, for example knocking at my door to pass on a telephone message from a tour provider. Good location a short walk from the city centre.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Not what I was expected at all.
    • Double or Twin Room

The sheets and the pillow covers were not clean since we arrived.They didn't change them.They did not change our towels at all and we were there for 4 nights. The room was not clean generally,there was spider web on the ceiling and the bathroom was a bit smelly.The wifi was not working at all at our room.We also asked for a double bed and we got two singles.

Very helpfull staff at the reception desk,always willing to answer any question. The breakfast was absolutely great. The room was warm and there was hot water anytime you needed it.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

5.5
    nice location, tasty brуakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

A Lot: 1. I easily heard neighbors talk. There are too thin internal walls between the rooms, 2. The window does not protect from the street noise. 3. Wall switch is located right near the elbow so the light woken me up several times. 4. Washstand is placed too low. It's ok if it is for kids)

nice location, tasty brуakfast

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Terrific little hotel tucked away.

Terrific little hotel tucked away. Safe. Clean. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Showers could do with a refurb .
    • Double or Twin Room

Showers could do with a refurb . Breakfast Ok.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Breakfast was good and staff were helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was tiny, nowhere near big enough for 2 adults and nothing like the pictures on the website

Breakfast was good and staff were helpful

Good small hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel was nice & clean .10 minuets walk to main square . Hotel was very quiet staff very nice

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Hotel decor was really cool being an old bank.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t sleep well due to the busy road

Hotel decor was really cool being an old bank. Staff were friendly.

The room was small

The room was small

lack of parking

lack of parking

Excellent value for money

Bed wasn’t comfy

Excellent location,only ten minute walk from square

Lovely

One receptionist spoke to me like I was a child And could do with kettle in the room

Room was lovely

Overall, great value for the price.
    • Double or Twin Room

Walk to/from the city centre slightly longer than I would like.

Very comfy beds. Next door to a supermarket. Very quiet hotel.

Comfortable hotel within a 10/15 min walk to the city...

Rooms smaller than expected

Comfortable hotel within a 10/15 min walk to the city centre

Shower and internet.

Breakfast very poor.

Shower and internet.

Nice location

Dining, breakfast room bit to small

Nice location

I like everthing about the property and if in the future i...
    • Double or Twin Room

I like everthing about the property and if in the future i visit krakow again for sure my stay will be there

Good breakfast

Good breakfast

the location was fine, staff were always smiling and helpfull

there could be international channels on TV

the location was fine, staff were always smiling and helpfull

The bathroom was very dirty.

It could have been cleaner

The bathroom was very dirty. Hair on all the beds and in the bathroom.

Nice hotel for money.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good atmosphere of the hotel. Rooms are clean and cosy.

A+++ Just a Great Hotel

I enjoyed to comfy beds and had everything I needed. The staff were really friendly and it was nice to be in a quieter area 😁.

Very friendly staffed hotel ,

Noise from road ! Single beds with uncomfortable mattresses !

Very good reception staff , and very good bathroom .

Pleasant place to stay with easy access to city centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

The availability of tea and coffee throughout the day. The helpful friendly staff.

extremely sweet staff!

extremely sweet staff!

Great cost benefit

The bed was very comfortable. The room is well heated.

Deserves to be visited
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe the heating in the room a bit more.

Fantastic reception and accommodation. Also very good breakfast.

Excellent breakfast, good staff, decent location
    • Double or Twin Room

We booked a double and were given a twin

Excellent breakfast, good staff, decent location

Very friendly staff and good coffee.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was sometimes too warm.

Very friendly staff and good coffee.