Reviews of Hotel Dwór Kościuszko 5 stars

Ul. Papiernicza 3, Pradnik Bialy, 31-221 Kraków, Poland

#83 of 287 hotels in Kraków

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

On arrival we were allocated a very small twin room on the...
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival we were allocated a very small twin room on the ground floor. Unfortunately, there was a continuous background noise coming from some sort of machinery. Since we stayed only 2 nights, we decided not to complain as we were out of the hotel most of the day. For those visiting as tourists, the centre is quite far away, the only reasonable transport is by taxi. The place itself is quite compact, but has a nice restaurant and outdoor terrace for summer months. Really mixed fillings

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Decent hotel, decent location and staff excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

The decoration in the room is a bit weird with multiple photographs on the wall.

Hotel staff were really friendly and helped us with everything that we needed to know. Bathroom was lovely.

A very pleasant atmosphere, room was so nice decorated, with...
    • Double or Twin Room

A very pleasant atmosphere, room was so nice decorated, with stye. Extremely clean, location was great, we could sleep with the window open. They have a gorgeous terrace for breakfast. Staff was great, funny and helpful.

Wonderful hotel, but not in a city centre location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only problem is the hotel is located at some distance from the old town, which is where you are likely to spend most of your time.

This is a small luxury hotel. The rooms are all individually decorated.

Excellent and relaxing stay but I also managed to catch up with a lot of my work
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was beautifully decorated with a high standard of finishes. High quality bathroom fittings and towels. The bathroom had two wash basins and a bath with a shower. There were many sockets both in the room and the bathroom of different international standard. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and obliging. Some rooms have their own private patios or balconies. There is one room with a sauna. The location is quiet and next to a beautiful park and an old summer residence of Krakow bishops and only 4km from Krakow Old Town.

3 stars hotel

Unfortunately this hotel is advertised as 5 stars and it's not. I myself have worked in hotel industry for over 10 years in 5 stars hotels and resorts; so I'm very qualified to judge this; but no one needs to be graduated on this field to understand that the lack of amenities as well as the employees conduct is only 3 stars . Let me start by saying that here is advertised that bathrobe and sleepers are included in the room but they were not. The minibar is inside of the closet and the door is impossible to open as it doesn't fit, I had to pull it up and out of the closet in order to open the door. There is nothing to put your shampoo or any other article in the shower, I had to put everything on the floor while showering, the shower is only the hand shower not over head, and it was falling out of the handle all the time. The hairdryer is super old and antiquated. The AC doesn't work, I called the reception and the advice was to sit and wait for it to cool down but it didn't. So I couldn't sleep well as it was too hot. The employees are polite but not too helpful. I'm not a complaint person so I will leave it here. The hotel is great for a 3 stars, They will have to improve a lot to became 5.

The surroundings are nice and quiet; many birds singing and the food at the restaurant was very good.

i would stay here again in a blink. It's intimate, unlike big hotels, lovely people, accommodating,

Distance to town square, but like I said, a taxi arrived w/in 2 minutes

I love this hotel! Delightful staff, very accommodating-arranaged tours and transfers to the airport. I stayed near the square in Krakow which was convenient but even at the best of hotels, it was noisy! The meals were superb! We didn't want to eat anywhere else! You need to take a taxi or bus to the town square but seriously, it's about $7 US. I cannot say enough about Paul and the entire staff. Impeccable facility, well decorated and maintained, and our room had a balcony where you sat and listened to the birds. Lovely!!

Nice hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

A 15 minute walk to the tram stop and quite a few stops to the city center. It is not, in my opinion, a 5 star hotel more like a 3 star but it is a fine hotel.

The property has a good "Kerb Appeal". The room was a good size and clean. The breakfast was nice. Staff allowed a slightly earlier breakfast on the second night because we were booked on an early train, thank you to them.

As I wrote in the past, this is my preferred hotel in Krakow.

The weather !!!

As I wrote in the past, this is my preferred hotel in Krakow. Staff is fantastic and everything worked very well indeed. The only problem of this hotel in that is a little faraway from the centre and, unfortunately, the road for Krakow is very crowded, very often with a traffic jam. My be there are other routes for the centre; next time I will try to discover them. Giuseppe Condorelli

Nice, comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast.

Wi-Fi signal is very weak in the rooms. Rooms are very loud at night if you have to open the window, as there is much traffic on the road nearby.

Nice, comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast. Very kind staff.

A great boutique hotel with helpful staff ...
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a bit far from the centre. If you have the chance, rent a bike. Would be great to arrange your own transport.

Actually I didn't stay there because of a last minute complication resulting from our preferences. The staff was very helpful in cancelling a non-refundable reservation and until that time, they have done their best to offer us last minute alternatives.

quaint, clean small hotel, with great staff at affordable prices.
    • Double or Twin Room

WIFI connection was poor and kept dropping, had to use mobile data. Normal rooms were a little small, but more than acceptable for a single person.

Small hotel with an old fashioned style, which is nice. I stayed in a suite, which was perfectly adequate in size etc.. A big thank you to Pawel at reception who was more than helpful on several occasions, thank you again!

Relaxing

I bed was amazing and just what I needed. Although it is a bit out of the main tourist area the public transport is so easy to use in Poland that I found it really easy to get in.

A hotel that stays in your heart...
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent price-quality ratio (we speak about 50 euro / night, in a quiet area of ​​a famous Polish city). Everything at the superlative (including the view from the dining room).

Nice place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel. Room was spacious and clean. Nice decor. Breakfast was beautiful and staff were pleasant. Just outside of krakow town. 5 minute taxi ride for around 3/4£.

The hotel was not what I expected from looking at pictures...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was not what I expected from looking at pictures on the web. I choose this hotel as a romantic getaway. I didn't realise that this is a casino hotel. The staff were efficient. The breakfast was good. Safe and free parking on site. The bed was good 5/10, two singles pushed together! the bed linen was standard hotel quality. The room decor is dated and worn and not in an antique boutique hotel way. Overall they tick the boxes with facilities but in my opinion to be a boutique hotel there needs to be more soul and attention to details.

A car is essential when staying here. This llace could be so much nicer, but they prefer having this
    • Double or Twin Room

Theres a Casino on site with lots of cigar smoke and outside guests. There were no other amenities otber than a room and restaurant.

Staff were very nice. Prices reasona le, though we were off season. Restaurant was very good!

Lovely place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good sized room, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bathroom was also a good size, and spotless. Breakfast was a good buffet spread (just don't ask for the gluten free bread - it's drier than sawdust!). We ate in the restaurant both nights we were there. Very good food, friendly and helpful staff too. It was a little walk to the nearest bus stop. We got confused about which bus to take, so we walked to the old town area (3.5km). Getting a taxi back to the hotel was not expensive, around PLN40. Would be happy to stay here again.

If you like smoke smell, bad breakfast and dust, go for it!
    • Double or Twin Room

The whole building smelled like smoke. The room was tiny, dusty and the bed so soft I woke up with back pain. The breakfast was bad considering this is a 5 Star Hotel. 2 Types of bread, no eggs, some cake and a few kinds of cheese and cold-cuts. Some cornflakes and a few fruits, that's it! I wasn't alone but only got one room card. That is unacceptable. I would rate this 3-Star at best. Wifi was OK. No other facilities (no sauna, swimming pool, and so on).

Nice old-school building with a terrace if you are lucky enough to be on the ground floor.

+ very comfy bed
    • Double or Twin Room

- carpet on room was dirty - poor breakfast (not so much to choose from, plus every day the same)

+ very comfy bed + helpfull stuff + quiet location + huge bathroom

I'm glad I've chosen Dvorek for my short stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was a short stay, so I haven't had a chance to spot anything.

Nice and quiet place. As opposed to a number of hotels that are closer to the center, you don't fell "claustrophobic" in Dvorek as it has rooms of "normal" size.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Location ok but not really central, a bit of a walk to get to the tram to go to the historic city center.

Staff very friendly and helpful. For families it's a plus that there's a playground within walking distance. Breakfast was great.

Good value for money and interesting interiors
    • Double or Twin Room

It smells of cigarettes everywhere in the hotel, including the rooms. There's a casino downstairs so that maybe the reason. That was the only thing that bothered me during my stay.

The interior design is interesting, convenient location, good breakfast, nice bathrooms, comfortable bed

Beautiful hotel at a very remote place
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the city center and any means of transportation. Not very helpful showing were the tram station was and warning that nobody spoke English

The rooms were beautifully decorated. Shower was excellent. Food was delicious. Staff was very kind and helpful

Beautiful hotel with friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

We asked for two parkingspaces for car and trailer, both by phone and via booking.com, but they didn´'t know that when we arrived due to lack of communication. BUT the night staff fixed it without any protests (thanks to the man who changed places for the eqipage several times during the night :))

Wow! Beautiful outside and inside, reminded me about an english mansion but modern. We arrived late in the evening but the restaurang offered us an 'a la carte-dinner that was delicious. The staff was extremely attentive.

Clean and nice hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is not that great. You need a car to go to the city centre.

Clean and nice hotel. Friendly staff. A three star hotel by international standards, in my opinion.

Nice Hotel but too far out from the old town and flies at breakfast!
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was laid out with no covering. On first morning there were flies on what would have been delicious food but after flies defficating on it there was no way I could eat it. I had to stick with cereal and yoghurt. Despite telling reception about the flies it was still the same situation the next morning. I told the woman at reception (who appeared to be in charge) and she responded "i know but what can I do". I said she could cover the dishes up. Everyday of our five night stay it was the same and they seemed to care more about the table looking pretty with various dishes rather than keeping flies off. If they had sorted this problem out after bringing it to their attention I would not have mentioned it here. They seemed to want to have the upper hand. It was disappointing and spoilt our stay tbh. If you stay st this hotel it is a 10 minute walk to the tram station and another 10 to 15 minutes to the old town. If I came again I would stay in or nearer the old town.

Lovely room, cleaned every day with fresh linen and towels. There is a lovely restaurant in the nice park next door which is cheaper and better than the evening food in the hotel. It is in a cellar but you can also eat outside under tables and umbrellas and they also have delicious ice creams.

all the staff were very welcoming and helpful from giving...

close to a busy main road so some traffic noise but it's not that intrusive

all the staff were very welcoming and helpful from giving directions to booking taxis etc. clean comfortable rooms 15mins from airport and 2 mins walk to nice public park which also has a outside bar/restaurant

Nothing i didn't like.

The hotel was excellent. The staff were excellent & were very friendly & helpful. I would recommend the hotel to everyone & if i return to krakow i would certainly use it again.

Comfortable hotel in a quiet area
    • Double or Twin Room

Take a bit of time to city center by public transport, shower water not hot enough for 2nd people in a row

Quiet place, nice room, friendly staff, good restaurant

Fabulous little hotel in a strange location
    • Double or Twin Room

very poor signage from the main ( dual carriageway ) road. No hotel name/sign to guide you through very small residential streets. Very easy to think..."this cannot be right for a 5star hotel". I use maps to get places. Maybe GPS with coordinates plugged in helps but it does not feel right even so.

Great breakfast, great choice, fresh produce. Bed very comfortable, double bed with single duvets.

Hotel Dwór Kościuszko Krakow
    • Double or Twin Room

Fabulous in every way. Staff were very helpful and always smiling. The room we had was spacious, well equipped with a lovely bathroom and very clean. Breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Lovely hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was nice near a park etc but getting into and back from town wasn't great with all the traffic especially in hot weather.

The restaurant was very good, breakfast lovely and rooms clean and comfortable.

I was not informed before that airport shuttle is not for...
    • Double or Twin Room

I was not informed before that airport shuttle is not for free and at the end of the trip we spend some time with driver to find a correct amount of cash.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The breakfast area
    • Double or Twin Room

Location by a very busy street, standard of the room not as expected from photos, not well connected to the centre by public transport

The breakfast area

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Lovely stay lovely hotel staff were very happy and helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

Somewhere to sit with a drink without going into the casino for a drink.. we bought wine in and sat in our room. They do provide a mini bar but again it's drinking in your room.

The rooms were comfortable and staff very friendly overall a good hotel to stay.. will need taxi for travel to krackow central it's a good 40 minute walk otherwise

Very different kind of hotel, looks familiar like rural...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could be more substantial and varied, but OK, anyway.

Very different kind of hotel, looks familiar like rural villa, rooms related each with parts of life of Tadeusz Kosciusko is a must for History addicts. Rooms clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Just perfect if you are traveling by car.
    • Double or Twin Room

impossible to go walking to the city centre. Its far if you have no car.

Each room has his own decoration style. Beds are big and confy. Bathroom is huge and has everything you can need. The floor of the bathroom is heated. I totally recommend if you are traveling by car. You can easily park at the hotel's parking lot for free, and then take the car, drive to krakow in less than 10 minutes and park easily in the city centre too.

Delicious breakfast including polish soup Žurek, too bad...
    • Double or Twin Room

Delicious breakfast including polish soup Žurek, too bad there was no sign ;-), but we recognize it. Staff in restaurant was kind and with smile. It was pleasant time spending there.

Family visit to see Krakow

Car Parking is available but if arriving late or going out in the evening, there may be no space and would have to park in the street. This may be partly due to folk arriving to use the Casino, situated downstairs, as early in the morning all the spaces are suddenly free !! As regards the Casino, it did not impact on the rest of the Hotel and of itself was not a problem.

Hotel is quite a way away from Krakow centre but this means that the quality is much better than could be expected in the centre for the same price. Near a major road but still quiet. The breakfast was excellent with a lot of choice. The staff were very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. For visiting the centre the tram stop is only about 10mins walk away and the No. 3 is quickest to the Old Town, and No.18 goes to the Old Town and Wawel Castle. Taxis are not expensive either. The rooms are well appointed and (rare for Poland), tea and coffee can be made in the room. There is also a mini bar and safe etc. In fact nothing was really omitted. Bathroom was excellent. Price was very reasonable for what was provided.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

The staff in the restaurant and room service were fabulous.

The cigarette smoke from casino in the basement is very noticeable. There is no drawing/sitting room where guests could socialise.

The staff in the restaurant and room service were fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble. I was made to feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Lovely hotel in krackow
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing around the area of the hotel.

Lovely hotel just outside the town. 10 minute ride in a taxi to the old town. Rooms lovely and breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

room was perfect with built in sauna and very clean, food in...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

travel price in taxi to the city, very few places to go outside without a taxi some items taken from mini bar by cleaning staff but hotel took details and did not charge me for these

room was perfect with built in sauna and very clean, food in the hotel was first class and the casino was a great touch in the hotel

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Delightful surprise!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Smoke from the casino in the basement floor could be noticed in the reception area.

Incredible staff, beautifully appointed rooms, and the evening meals were amazing...all at incredibly affordable prices. What a gem to have found!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Based on pictures and description, you cannot see that this...

Based on pictures and description, you cannot see that this is not a hotel with a casino. It is actually a casino with a few accommodation facilities. There is a lot of cigar smell coming up in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

the comfort and friendliness of the staff was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

a bit of an attitude on the staff for the casino below.

the comfort and friendliness of the staff was great. the way the hotel booked all trips and hotel transfers.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Beautiful building and lovely rooms with some history built...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful building and lovely rooms with some history built in. Good breakfast and helpful staff. Easy access to buses to get to the centre.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Absolutely fantastic

Not much to do nearby krakow square only 25 zloty in a taxi

Excellent time in this hotel even allowed us a late checkout free of charge

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Comfortable, Friendly, Great Value!
    • Double or Twin Room

Honestly, totally enjoyed it!

Front desk staff was friendly, helpful & welcoming! Room was nice. Breakfast was excellent!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

So much better than expected!
    • Double or Twin Room

A little nearer to the centre would have been perfect but it was only a cheap taxi ride.

location, design, freindly staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

noisily, the main road is too close

location, design, freindly staff

a great hotel for our visit to Krakow
    • Double or Twin Room

Very welcoming staff, lovely meal in the restaurant and comfortable rooms.

Everyting was perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Everyting was perfect.The room was high level.It has all that you need.Very clean.Nice breacfast.

Very refine place - elegant and style sh
    • Suite

Very refine place - elegant and style sh

• Double or Twin Room

The place was clean, the staff was friendly. They had really good breakfast table. Comfortable bed. The staff was helpful.

Breakfast was delicious.

Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Will definitely be back!
    • Double or Twin Room

Quiet location, close to office. Great service and friendly, helpful staff.

A GREAT HOTEL TO THE WHOLE OF CRACOW AND NOT JUST THE OLD TOWN

SOME TRAFFIC NOISE , BUT NO ISSUE

GREAT LOCATION , TRAMS AND BUSES A SHORT WALK AWAY

What a beautiful place to start our first visit to Poland.
    • Double or Twin Room

I honestly have nothing to say.

Food was wonderful, staff was great and our room was beyond my expectations.

Recomended!!

We loved everything

A beutiful hotel. Very clean, helpfull stuf, Well decorated. We will come back

Very good breakfast, very nice rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

Hair dryer in our room was broken

Very good breakfast, very nice rooms

Poor breakfast

Poor breakfast

Breakfast was good
    • Double or Twin Room

Very far away from the center, no trams or buses, even taxi hard to get. 40 min. walking...

Breakfast was good

AMAZING boutique hotel in Kraków!!!

Pets are accepted.

Everything. This is an AMAZING boutique hotel. Would definitely go back.

Perfect Beautique Hotel In Krakow

Great hotel slightly away from the busy city center (a plus... only a 10 min cab ride). Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

great hotel

great hotel

Everything was fine!
    • Double or Twin Room

Was surprised that it was Casino also))) But it’s ok, it wasnt any noise!

Everything was fine! Very nice bath. Good breakfast!!!!

Everything was excellent.

Everything was excellent.

Parking is free.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is definitely 3+ star.

Parking is free.

Steak tatar
    • Double or Twin Room

Food prices. Delicious but not much choice

Steak tatar

Lovely hotel away from the centre, with easy and cheap access into the heart of this beautiful city.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar was in the Casino.

Good looking hotel with easy access into central Krakow using the very efficient transport system.

We had a great weekend.

A bar or lounging area would have been nice.

Staff were very helpful & friendly. Food was good and rooms clean. Nice decor

Everything was just fine.

Everything was just fine. People were nice. Breakfast is good. Free parking

VERY slow wifi.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

VERY slow wifi. Not enough parking place because of the guests of the casino.

I would go back again

Casino inside

Wasnt bad .we did like it