Reviews of Novotel Gdansk Centrum 3 stars

ul. Pszenna 1, 80749 Gdańsk, Poland

#55 of 99 hotels in Gdańsk

• Standard Twin Room

Booking said "view, trouser press and hairdrier". We had none of these. Small fridge notice said drinks and snacks - it was empty. No milk given with tea and coffee in room. Because of location to the wonderful city we did not mention it.

Location and helpfulness of staff. Also taxi right to the door

• Standard Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff from reception , restaurant and maids. Very central to all the main sight seeing spots. Nice grounds to relax in if weather good.

Bed could have been better, sheets too short / tight for bed, meaning every time you moved you were on the mattress because the sheet came with you. Cheap fix here surely? Food and drink debatable. No bottles of house wine, we then ordered a different wine and were told we could only have a single glass since this was their last bottle and it was already open? Given the wine list was very short, pretty poor so we never used again. Food just OK.

Gardens at the rear of the hotel were great, offering sun and shade as required. Staff very helpful on where to go and how to get there.

Because of construction it was a bit difficult to find the entrance, but we managed and didn't need to drive anywhere during our stay as the hotel is within walking distance of Old Town.

Great location, pet friendly, enough parking, good breakfast, and friendly staff. Our room was comfortable and spacious. The hotel also provided dog treats and water/food dishes which was a nice extra touch. The location is perfect for walking to the main attractions but far enough removed from noises. Breakfast was a good variety and quality for a 2 night stay. Liked the fenced courtyard where you can relax or have drinks with your pet.

We asked and paid for Breakfast however the lady on the restaurant wouldn't allow us in and refused us, apparently she checked with reception and they had said that we hadn't paid however the extra was on the bill on check out. However they did refund us the money

excellent location, comfortable

I found the exchange rate to be higher than once quoted.. paid £15 more, I paid through card though next time I will pay in local currency.

Loved the location, beds were also super comfy and staff very helpful and friendly.

The hotel is centrally located but is in quite na industrial area and getting to it is a little odd as it does not appear to be a main road.

The hotel itself is lovely, rooms comfy and clean and the staff were very friendly. The location fi quiet and its walking distance to old town

The choice of cooked breakfast was a bit limited although definitely adequate.

Ultimate location for visiting Old Town. Modern, comfortable room. Quiet.

• Standard Twin Room

The pillows where not so good and the staff was not polite. The room needs minor renovations, especially the hairdryer and the shower. Further, the breakfast was way to expensive for what was offered.

The location was absolutely perfect, right behind the main street and easily accessible by taxi.

There was nothing to dislike

Hotel was in a good location with all sights within walking distance.Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff very friendly.

This hotel is in a great location easy access to everything and in walking distance to restaurants and bars, I would recommend this Hotel,The rooms were lovely and spacious clean and bright.Staff very friendly and helpful,Breakfast very good something for everyone's taste

Breakfast was offered to us at a 60% discount for the first day but was not immensely good so the remaining days we chose to have breakfast in a nice French bistro just 50m down the road for even less the price.

Our room was nice and clean and we could walk into the old town of Gdansk within a few minutes. The bed was decently sized and comfortable, the bathroom was clean and well equipped. We enjoyed our stay!

• Standard Twin Room

Shower was a little small.

Located a very short distance from the main drag yet very quiet. Lots of lounging areas inside and out of the Hotel to relax in. Large room with comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast area with lots of choice.

Kids playground and things to keep them occupied. Beds are extremely comfortable Location of hotel is good, close to everything, very central Breakfast was good, lots of options to suit everyone Friendly helpful staff

The location was perfect....close to the city but not right in the center. Bed was very comfortable, AC in each room, easy to locate, nice inside, staff very helpful. We will recommend this hotel. Nice breakfast! :)

I liked the breakfasts, and the fact my corridor was quiet at night. I also liked the fact my room had a big television and I was able to watch Ekstraklasa when I was resting after sightseeing.

• Standard Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike ...would certainly recommend and stay there again

Great hotel well situated ..breakfasts brilliant plenty of choice set you up for the day !!!

Room furniture a bit outdated, stained carpet but overall very clean and comfortable.

Very good breakfast, great location. Very good facilities for kids. Artur at the reception very helpful and pleasant!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Bar a little bit pricey compared to the rest of Gdańsk.

Value for money. Easy distance to all of the tourist attractions. Friendly staff. Great choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Half the rooms overlook the garden which is accessible from the bar and some evenings/nights the parties go a bit loud. Elderly people on bus tours letting off steam I guess. View was good but ear plugs would have helped...

Great staff, very helpful & excellent English. Breakfast very satisfying. Free wifi was fast & always good quality with computer in lobby for free use also. Room good size & very comfortable. Tram outside the hotel which was very convenient. Very enjoyable stay.

• Standard Twin Room

There was a mistake when i did my ckeck in and they sent me to a bedroom thas was occupied with people inside. Although the situation has since been resolved this was unpleasant and embarrassing.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

We stayed over for 4 nights during May. I have never encountered such a helpful, nice and professional staff before in any hotel I stayed in before. The rooms were very modern, spotless clean and beds were extra comfortable. We'll definitely stay in the same hotel on our next visit.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

I find it hard to criticize the hotel. Everyone was helpful and the location was ideal.

The breakfast was varied and constantly replenished. The room had a kettle, water and a free safe. The staff at reception were very helpful especially Artur and Alice.

• Standard Twin Room

Noise of revellers late at night , carpet very 'tired' in my room but clean overall

Breakfast buffet was excellent in its choice and quality; room comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

As we were on a stag, we were rarely up in time for housekeeping to make up the room! When we did hang up the please make up room sign at around 11am each day, the room hadn't been made up by day end. Also the area surrounding the hotel is a bit run down so I wouldn't advise walking home alone at night.

Room was spacious and very clean. Beds were comfortable and it was easy to control the temperature in the room. There was no noise at night in the hotel. Staff were very courteous and helpful at all times.

Didn't realise until after a few days that you could request bacon , fried eggs , mushrooms as the cooked breakfast wasn't really aimed at the English , however once we realised the chef made us bacon and it was really nice

The staff were all really friendly and helped with anything you asked for including how to get to the beach , zoo etc . Hotel was very clean .

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Can't say anything bad about the hotel.

Great location for the centre of gdansk, 5 to 10 minute walk away. Great hotel with friendly and helpful staff, spotless and great value for money. Would definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

My Partner and myself really loved our stay at Novotel Centrum. the room was comfy and the breakfast was plentiful. the staff were friendly and even held our bags on check out so we could venture around for our last few hours and even booked our taxi to the airport. the hotel is a short walk from all the attractions! we loved our stay so much we are looking to return as soon as we can.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Nothing to complain about

Very Good breakfast. We stayed 4 nights, and they let us stay without extra cost until monday afternoon when we left Gdansk. Recommend this hotel :-)

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Some staff could do with being more attentive to guests. Although not representative off all.

Excellent location. Facilities very good. Overall very pleased.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

When i paid with my credit card at the hotel, the credit card couldn't made the payment. The staff said maybe it caused from the Euro limit on my card. And it was the first time I heard this issue in more than 20 years. So, I paid with another credit card & it's okay to complete the transaction. But when I got home & received the statement, I found the amount paid at the hotel was more than the one when I made the reservation on booking.com. Pls pay attention if you have to complete the transaction at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

I like the fact that pets are welcome.I didn't like the fact that one of the pets was a large dog,the size of a pony.It was slavering everywhere and I certainly wouldn't have liked the maid's job,cleaning the room after it.There was a lot of building work going on nearby,but we were fortunate that the work did not disturb us.

The staff were very friendly and helpfulOne young lady at the reception very kindly helped us with the online booking of our air seats.Hotel had great location.Exit by the back door,through the garden and you're only a few minutes from the river and main drag. People in the City were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Hotel does not open for heatingsystem Ultimo September. But the electric Heather in the bathroom gave warm in the room too.

Very close to old City and Philharmony.. Nice breakfast and kind staff. Room has good size with free safe and fridge.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Seats in lounge area looked nice but were not very comfortable.

Mini fridge and safe in room was a bonus. English speaking staff were very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was one of the best we have had out of many overseas holidays.The location of hotel was excellent with easy and cheap taxi from airport.Rooms were kept spotless by the hard working staff. Top tip. Take a day trip to Sopot. Also visit Westerplatte for a very thoughtful experience. Will be back to Gdansk and hopefully Novotel again.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

I stay one night about 750Swedish kroner but they control deposit money about 2000 kr. And it still deposit 2-3day .I can't used my money.I was think if....If!!I didn't call and asked maybe I can't get money back again! That it too bad I don't like it.

Clean, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Poorly cleaned; glasses were dirty when we arrived, and were not cleaned even once during our 6 night stay. Did wet them and make them seem used by us, but they were just sat aside by the housekeepers when they came by. Did not change the sheets during the stay.

Close to the city center, yet a bit away from the city noice. 10 minute walk to the Neptun statue.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Low quality pillows. Coffee served during breakfast could be better. I made my booking using special offer (-33 %) and for that price (approx, 340+brrakfast/double) - it was ok. I do feel that regular price that is above 500zl is not accurate.

Great breakfast. Lots to chose from. Fair room size. Clean and quiet. Good for a business trip. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Very clean, modern, design, roomy and exceptionally comfortable bed. It was so comfortable we ask for the bed supplier at the reception. Good breakfast to be enjoyed in large garden when weather is ok. Location is 5 minutes from center.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

the room was small. the bathroom was tiny. the shower so small that i kept hitting the handle. miniscule toiletpot. and all that for (two days) 193 euro (and another 25 euro for breakfast, which was excellent by the way).

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

the breakfast and the breakfast amenities. It was very busy and tables were not cleaned quickly enough. We had to ask twice to have the only available table for us to sit at to be cleared.

the room was spotless and quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Staff in general need to be more friendly. I accept there is a language barrier but one can smile and say a simple hello. I would stay there again based on location. Hotel is very tired. Carpets need to be changed in bedroom and walls need a fresh coat of paint.

Hotel in a good location. Fridge & Kettle in Room. Guy on reception desk at check-in very friendly & gave some information on the area.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room

maintenance room : small broken mirror door handle ... just small détails ....

Near the old city .... confortable hotel without charm .... but convenient.

• Standard Twin Room

Great location and great price

Building work outside in a Saturday, very noisy. A sad building, but ok location.

The bedro was big and nice, but bar sad and restaurant sad.

• Standard Twin Room

Basic amenities. Convenient location near old center.

Good fast WIFI, excellent location

• Standard Twin Room

location size of the room nice kind staff good food

Nothing, everything was good

Location was perfect, facilities and food good, plus staff were excellent

• Standard Twin Room

Housekeeping was not very goodwonderful

My room and the ambiance

Room very dated needs to be freshened up a bit

• Standard Twin Room

Helpful staff good location good breakfast.

Excellent position

Excellent location, good facilities, pleasant staff

Small shower

Location, food.

Its very good hotel! 100%

• Standard Twin Room

close to sentrum, nice hotel

Breakfasts are amazing there! Bed & room cosy and comfy. What else you need

The surroundings just around the hotel was not so nice, but it was not far to get to nicer surroundings.

Clean hotel and close to the citycenter.

Clean and OK gym, a little small but adaquate for a decent workout

Hair in the shower was really awkward.

The beer, the atmosphere etc.

Everyone was friendly and helpful, we had no issues and all went well. Thank you.

• Standard Twin Room

Friendly Staff and good food Spotless rooms. Cleaned thoroughly daily.

Nothing I didn’t like.

Comfy bed. Very clean hotel.

The bars and nite life

Cheap food and drinks

Its very modern and clean with all the facilities a modern day city centre hotel should have.

decor is a bit dated, but I don't care about that

Comfy bed, nice breakfast

breakfasts were good value with extensive choice other food was over priced and the choice was limited

Comfortable accommodation in a pleasant setting

Service, location all great

Really an outstanding hotel, staff friendly and helpful, very clean and welcoming.

I Liked Everything.

Very Very Nice & Cooperative, Helpful Staff.

• Standard Twin Room

Great hotel right on the edge of the old town. Staff very helpful. Great choice for breakfast. Very happy with our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

No safe in room

Location staff cleanliness

All good. Breakfast just fine! Restaurant also good.

• Executive Room

breakfast was really nice, staff very friendly and helpful, excellent location a few minute from the Centre

Browse Novotel Gdansk Centrum traveller photo gallery