Reviews of Hotel Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto 4 stars

ul. Jana Heweliusza 22, 80-890 Gdańsk, Poland

#41 of 99 hotels in Gdańsk

• Standard Twin Room

Couldn't falter anything at all had an amazing stay

The location was amazing.. The hotel was absolutely spotless and food options were amazing breakfast . We had an absolutely amazing view of the old town from our room!

• Standard Single Room

Don't eat or drink anything from the minibar, I was stung, but all hotel charge for minbars so it was my own fault! It wasn't very expensive anyway because Poland is so cheap!!

This is probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in (and I travel a lot). It is so clean, the rooms are cosy but fine for our needs a sort of boutique style, comfy beds, the staff are so helpful and friendly, its situated in the beautiful old town. I can't think of anything negative at all really!!

• Standard Twin Room

- The mattress could have been more comfortable. - It would be nice to have more chairs available for waiting in the lobby.

At breakfast Daniel gave great service. There was no bacon in the breakfast buffet, but Daniel brought us some on special order.

Hotel does not really have parking - there's a few city spots in front and and a small gated parking to the side (technically paid, but hotel did not charge us at checkout for that, possibly because they needed extra time to issue our invoices). But don't let that deter you - worst come to worst, there's a big mall nearby, less than a 5 min walk. City parking is free on weekends.

Breakfast was AMAZING. I've never seen a juicer and such selection of fresh fruits and veggies to use for juice. We absolutely loved it every morning we stayed there. We also ate a couple of a'la carte meals at WineStone and their goat cheese salad was just awesome. Room was pretty standard, but everything was clean and worked well.

Area around hotel is currently under construction. Very dusty and does not make the hotel look very inviting. However hotel is very nice inside.

Value for money

Nothing. It was all good

KLM lost my luggage somewhere between Humberside and Gdansk. The hotel staff were supportive, most importantly by giving me an extra hour in the room after the official checkout time of 1200. I really appreciated this. Also an easy-to-use safe, good wifi, AND a kettle, all so important to travellers, especially to those of us who need to work in the room. Not all hotels or countries recognise this !

Background thumping <music> around the breakfast area

A strategic location: walking distance from the Solidarity Centre; walking distance from town centre; very close to railway station. The hotel itself may be ugly but is very visible from wherever in Gdansk you are

The gym was little bit to small but was still included in the price.

The hotel is beautiful and very tidy . Everyone who’s working there are very friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome. The bedroom was beautiful and very cozy definitely recommend !

The shoe cleaner machines were closer to the lifts rather than the entrance to the lobby so the floors were dirty from the snow etc.

Location is fantastic, really close to the old town and all the big museums. Hotel is in great condition as well. Rooms were really comfortable, very quiet. Mecure is a safe bet!

All was perfect

Excellent stay,rooms very clean, staff very professional and extremely polite!! Manager of hotel Christopher very polite and very friendly. Stayed with friends for a business trip. Beccy

Breakfast was OK - not great. Would have enjoyed bacon instead of 2 different types of sausage. The bar area was rather cold which didn't make it a nice place to kick back and relax with a cold beer..

Good location of the hotel - not too far from restaurants etc. Staff was friendly and room was clean.

Excellent service at reception in the restaurant and in the bar. The room was comfortable and warm with a nice bathroom. The hotel was on the edge of the old town and 10 minutes walk from the railway station.

Fantastic room with so much attention to detail with regards to the person’s needs. Went above in beyond to cater for that. The room was so comfortable, the staff were very pleasant and the hotel in general with the best breakfast selection I have seen in a hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

The room was small and dark. No places to stash second suitcase. Breakfast was good but I felt expensive. I’m on a very restricted diet and can only eat a few different food groups. But had to pay for full breakfast. Room keycard would not always work in the lift and I was a bit nervous getting into the lift alone.

Staff excellent, Jacob extremely helpful. Also Aneta at reception was exceptional. Rooms were warm and clean and quiet Location good, close to shopping centre and supermarket

The receptionist in the night is a catastrof He talks very bad english and he forgot to make a wake up call . when we had a very early transfer to the airport

Everything was OK

The lady greeting me was neutral and indifferent. When finished with setting up the key cards, she handed them over to me and didn’t tell me anything i.e. times when the breakfast is served from and to, where to go to the lifts, which floor I’m on, nor did she asked any question! Have I traveled by car? Do o need parking etc.? I travel for work a lot in the uk and expect better service in the Mercure hotels across Europe. Btw other staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

Minibar was not filled up, AirPort shuttle bud must be booked 24 hours before. No one told us, so We Were to late for reserving seats, and had to tale a taxi.

Clean, Good location, friendly staff, perfect view

We ate at the hotel restaurant one night as it was really cold to leave. Food did take a while to come out (45mins) for just hot chips and some other nibbles. They were very polite and had good service otherwise.

Really nice hotel. Comfortable rooms, Staff friendly and breakfast was great. Good location too, only a 10 min walk from the main station, and easy to find (one of the biggest buildings around!) Close to old town and other sights by foot. Highly recommend!

First of all, when I booked the stay on booking.com, the ad said breakfast was included, but when we arrived, breakfast was most certainly not included and was actually quite expensive to be honest, so we didn’t have breakfast at the hotel. The minibar could have had some more to pick from and could’ve been a little cheaper. The ad also said that there was soundproofing in the rooms, but from the door in the hallway, we heard conversations like the door was open. And our upstairs neighboors either jumped up and down all the time, or the soundproofing wasn’t the best..

Very comfortable beds, liked the minibar and the housekeepers were terrific, and gave you the privacy you needed and cleaned our room when we weren’t in it. We also liked the shower, it was really big, and easily fitted both me and my partner :)

The pillows were a bit to high for my taste, and it left me with a slight pain.

Bed was very comfortable, complementary drinks offered every day (coffee & tea, sparkling water)

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast could have been a little bigger with more variety, and the fitnes room was too small and simple.

Nice hotel, close to everything. 100 methers from Madison shopping mall with 100 shops, most of them lokal. Great food centre with different stands on 3rd floor.

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast no eggs and Bacon. Miss the choise of chees. I think the breakfast was to expensive, according to what we get. 55 Lts 1 person. Should be 35 Lts

But over al a good hotel with good staf.

The rooms were hot and small. The air condition did not work very well.

The location was nice. Next to a shopping mall and not very far away from the old town.

Been there in person to make sure that my parents and mother in law won't be charge for anything as we were treating them and paying for their stay. Unfortunately my mum in law was extra charged for breakfast. When I rang hotel and raised the issue was given the answer that they will come back to me with it. Asked for mail nit a phone call as I was traveling to Asia following morning. Got a phone call which I missed and no mail. Suddenly money for breakfast was refunded to my account. Money wasn't the issue . The issue was fact that I went in person to make sure non of our folks will be charged fir anything unfortunately hotel couldn't deliver expected service.

Very comfortable bed & clean room. Good variety of breakfast items

Rude taxi drivers in front of the hotel(one meter from main entrance, it was all recorded by CCTV). They were parked just in front of the door. They abused me. I reported it to the reception manager and she promised to take care of it but it still hurts me to think I could be so easily verbally attacked even in front of the four star Hotel. Maybe they should pay more attention to the people they allow to park over there. Maybe they should have better security so guests could feel safer.

I loved the view from the room. Very nice staff.

• Privilege Double Room

Efficient, friendly hotel just minutes from the old town (by foot). Lovely view of the city (the photo was taken from the room). The staff was kind and helpful, and although it's a big hotel, it felt attentive and relaxed.

• Standard Twin Room

Housekeeping didn't make it to my room (I left for the day at 7:00am).

It was very close to the train station; I was able to walk to the hotel easily. It is about a 15-minute walk to the Royal Way and very to a small shopping centre and supermarket. I also had a pretty nice view of the city as it's a very tall building in Gdansk.

• Standard Twin Room

The bed in the room was worn out and very uncomfortable to sleep. The shower water easily came out from the bathtub.

Location. Close to a big shopping center, nice restaurants, a railway station and the old town.

The windows could open up all the way (I stayed on the 14th floor). At times you could not find a single TV channel broadcasting in English. I could have done without the construction on the lot next to the hotel.

Loved the view from room, overlooking the old town. Had not been as happy had I gotten the other side of the hotel (overlooking a shipyard). The staff was extremely helpful and nice. You can borrow bicycles (free of charge) and bike into town. Located close to the train station and a small mall.

• Standard Twin Room

We didn't use much of the facilities provided so I can't really comment on that

Modern, sleek and clean interior, especially the rooms and hallways. Really good for the price we were paying. The location is excellent, just a few minutes from the central station and the old town making it the perfect choice for a tourist.

• Privilege Double Room

The lighting in the bedroom was very gloomy, which with the dark decor was a bit depressing

On the 14th floor and great views of the city and only a short walk to the old town. Smart decor - if a little brown

• Privilege Double Room

The rather cramped bathroom! . . . . But EXCELLENT Shower. And the bar prices were quite expensive in comparison to out of the hotel.

We were in a Privilage Room on the 15th Floor overlooking the old town of Gdansk, STUNNING View. It's not the prettiest hotel from outside, but inside is very attractive and the room, although not massive was comfortable & clean. The en-suite bathroom was very nicely done, with a great shower, BUT the toilet & sink area were a bit cramped, with style giving out to substance!! But all in all very good value for money. I would definitely stay there again, but wouldn't pay extra for the privilage room, as all the real difference is that you get a larger TV and an expresso maker, dressing gowns & slippers. For us not really that important. The location of the Hotel is great, perfect for visiting the Old Town Area or the New WW2 Museum (FANTASTIC!!) & The Solidarity One (Also Excellent)

Receptionist are not very well prepared to provide local information. I asked several questions i.e. where is the nearest Orlen station or how much is the folded cup from the small wardrobe standing next to reception but I wasn't given proper answers. I paid for the cup 20 zl whereas it cost only 14.

I liked breakfasts

1) A very firm pillow. 2) My card did not work and had to go back to the reception. Then, after a replacement the card did not work again.

1) A great view from my 12th floor apartment. 2) The room was available earlier than 2 pm. 3) The room has a safe box.

Very pleasant hotel in a good position. Quite close to the old town. The staff were very helpful in advising us about things to do and helping us to book a restaurant for our large party.

There was nothing I didn't like a about the hotel. The food was a little bit boring, but that is just a personal preference opinion.

Very clean, comfy and stylish. Close to the train station and close enough to walk to the river promenade, and right next to a great shopping center.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Single Room

Housekeeping was dreadful. The room was really small (single room) and needed refit.

Wonderful location in historical city center. Near the train station.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Single Room

Wifi wasnt working at my room. Housekeeping is quite a lotery: not well cleaned room almost every single day, every day different cosmetics were provided (one day lacking body lotion, the next one lacking vanity set, etc.). It was impossible to get along with these women- cleaning room was done dayli from 10AM-3PM, asking for better cleaning was impossible since they spoken only russian...

Location is absolutely perfect- the view from the window can be breathtaking! It's near to train station and city historical center.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Pavements are poor if you are pushing a stroller - not the Hotels fault!!!

Excellent front desk customer support. Easy to walk from the main railway station, big shopping center within a stones throw, old town minutes walk, Really pleased all round.

Restaurant had the best food in all city, very good deserts!!!! Personal was very friendly and view from the room was perfect! Very satisfied and I will definitely stay in this hotel again + suggest it to my friends!!!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The burst water pipe through the cieling , and AVn to move room early hours , probley freak accident but put a (Damper) on a very nice stay , staff very nice n helpful

Hotel ideal location , loveley staff very helpful , very clean , well worth the price

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Comfortable and very beautiful Room 808. Breakfast was delicious. Large selection. Hotel was two minute walk to train station/tram/bus. Madision Shopping Centre across the Road. The Old/ Main Town was five minute walk. Great location.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Taxis arranged to pick us up and drop us off at airport were around 20zl more expensive than quoted (ie 80 instead of 60) - Would have been nice if this had been more accurate. Also cleaners seemed to want access to the room at bizarre times - knocking on the door at 9-10am, or at 4.30pm when we were either sleeping or trying to get ready! Gym a tad underwhelming - could do with some slightly heavier free weights!

Clean quiet hotel, good location. Good value for money for the cost.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Room was a little cold but after asked in reception that problem has been sorted!

Hotel has a great location,to visit pub and restaurant is about 5-10 minutes walk From old town is 10 minutes walk Train station is 5 minutes walk and 20 minutes train to airport for 2€ Lovely view from 17 floor Staff is really friendly Room was small but really nice and clean 100% recommended that hotel Thank you so much

• Standard Twin Room

What didn't we like????? Two days was not quite enough, we should have stayed an extra day

Breakfast was amazing with choices from cereal, vegan, Prosseco, parowki, toasts, cold meats, pâté. The staff were amazing, from reception, dining area, housekeeping and the bar

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Dark corridors, room size could be bigger. When taking shower water run underneath of glass screen on bathroom floor

Everything was just perfect. Quite room, room and facilities cleanness, very rich breakfasts (continental breakfast with huge selection of local and home made food, including curd cheese spreads, picked vegetables, fishes etc.. I really like it and could easily spent on breakfast all morning by testing different food types. Never seen too many food varieties in hotel of this rank before. Taxi available in front of hotel 24hours. Hotel location is near the old city center (10mins of walk), next opposite is shopping mall, railway station 5 mins walk.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

The third lift has some problems, to be avoided.

The location is good, very close to the center, just 10 minutes by foot to go to the Ulica Dluga. The rooms are very quiet (even though it was the new year's eve). The rooms are pretty big, the bed very comfortable. You can have water, coffee and tea for free in your room, as they provide a boiler. The towels are changed everyday. The staff is very kind! The bar at the ground floor is nice and serve pretty much everything, the coffee was good! Taxis are always parked outside the hotel. The view from the back of the building is amazing, you can see the Stocznia and all the downtown!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

All good. Shame breakfast was not included. Parking is on the street in a front of hotel and not free on weekdays

Friendly reception, short walk to Old Town, great view from higher floor

To hard bed, lack of cleaning - table wasn't clean after previous visitors, signs of juice on glass.

Service is perfect, we enjoyed facilities. Perfect food in lobby bar👍Nothing to complain. Very good location, few minuts walk to main street.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

WIFI WOULDN'T WORK AT ANY LOCATION OF HOTEL. TAXI AT THE HOTEL GATE WILL CHARGE YOU MORE THAN DOUBLE, DOESN'T ACCEPT BANK CARD. AND UPON REQUEST THE DRIVER WOULD NOT GIVE YOU A RECEIPT.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Everything was perfect for us during our stay.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and understood English well. Excellent stay there and had a lovely room on the 17th floor. Would definitely recommend and stay there again. Location excellent and breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Everything was fine.

Staff very pleasant and helpful. Lovely breakfast. Great location near station and old town. Had a room on 17th floor with great view. Nice to have kettle and bottled water in room.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Pillows were small soft and uncomfortable. Insufficient toiletries. Shower screen leaked water onto bathroom floor. Safety risk.. shower screen inadequate. Not a comfortable or efficient shower at all.

Location. Close to old town and railway station.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

1. Difficulty connecting to internet. 2. Followed instructions to keep using existing towels. However, towels were still changed. 3. No milk for making tea and unused teabags were taken away.

1. Location

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

All in all very good, but as somebody else wrote, a little hard bed?

I forgot my PC power back home, but a nice girl helped me locate a store where i could find a new one!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

We were on the 11th floor and it was so peaceful, no traffic or other hotel guest noise, great big comy bed too! Excellent location for bus and train station, nice easy stroll to main square for food and drinks. Felt safe walking the streets late at night too.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

I think there is nothing I disliked in this hotel. It was just perfect.

I liked everything. Good location: close to the train station (5-7 min walk), close to the city center (10-15 min walk). Clean hotel generally, clean and big room and bathroom. A kettle with tea and coffee in the room. Good soundproof walls, beautiful window view (form the 10th floor we lived on). Good service, polite and helpful personnel. Very good food. Free bicycles (need to be booked beforehand).

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The gym should be better: there's no weight but only a few cardio machines and... the hotel offers apples as a symbol of wellbeing and wellness.... better to check the apples! They were all rotten with mosquitos hanging around and they haven't been changed for days!

The attention of the staff and the premises

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The only complaint I have was that the bed was very hard and uncomfortable.

The hotel was quite central, easy strolling distance into the centre. The staff were very helpful with queries about directions and accessing public transport and trips. The casual bar/bistro was great with friendly staff, good service and great value for money food. The decor is modern and clean. I would recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The location is very convenient for most of the interesting places in the old town. The staff are very helpful. The room on the higher floor has beautiful view of the historic shipyard. Clean and well maintained rooms. Would sure recommend and visit again

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The reception staff were really helpful. One lady in particular went to an awful lot of effort to find an ophthalmologist for me. Unfortunately I didn't get her name but she couldn't have been more helpful when I was in some distress.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

I think the building is a bit old, but they did a good job to renovate to maintain clean and comfortable rooms.

Good location for train travel, as it is close to the main station. Breakfast is gorgeous. Staff are all friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

Bathroom is too small. You can not even move and must be carefull not to step on to the water exit. Bigger problem: When i took shower all bathroom became wet. I called to the room service, they fixed it. But after i took shower again, it was wet again, since there was a space between shower glass and tub 😡 And last problem about towels. They were clean but so old and thin. First day the small towel was so old that even the yarn were dangling😡

Good location to access by car, nice view and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The only little negative was that the tv in our room was outdated.

Excellent location. So close to town centre and train station, very little noise even though the hotel is right in the middle of everything. Very big comfortable bed. Big shower and toilet.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

Good location which was 5 minutes walk from the main train station, 10 minutes walk to the European Solidarity centre and 10 minutes walk to the old town. Breakfast was very good and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Privilege Double Room

Rooms are quite small. We booked a superior room and was still on small side. Milk for cereal at breakfast was always warm.

Lovely choice at breakfast. Clean hotel. Nice bar area.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

The outdoor terrasse could have been more inviting. But this is a minor thing.

Very close to the centre of town. Easy access to everything, yet quiet at night. Modern and spacious rooms. Great view over Gdansk. Friendly and informative personell. Great value for money. Overall an excellent stay that I could highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Privilege Double Room

We have Nothing to complain about.

Shoppingsenter rett ved hotellet (Madison) Hyggelige betjening.God frokost, bra renhold.Very god hotel.We'll Come again.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Staff at the hotel very nice and helpful, the mini fridge has good snacks and drinks and the room has a very comfortable bed. Also very good location 10 min.walk to Gdansk Glowny Train station and 3min. walk to Mall (Galeria Madison).

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Elevators vibrated badly, which made me feel uneasy. Beds were not super comfortable.

Great Location between the station and the Old Town. Easy walking distance to both

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Privilege Double Room

Our room was small. The hotel was on a full occupancy and first day- it wasn't cleaned at all. Not much to do for kids- travelled with a toddler and there was nothing in the hotel to keep her entertained.

Nice helpful staff, good restaurant with nachos to die for. Location couldn't be better. Rooms are quiet. Breakfast nice- normal home style breakfast with different breads, porridge, scrambled eggs etc. Cooked well. Amazing Views from upper floors.

location was perfect , rooms were nice and clean , staff were exceptional . will definitely be staying again

Expensive breakfast

Clean rooms, very comfortable bed, nice quiet area yet close walk to restaurants

Everything.

• Privilege Double Room

I liked the place the food and everything about Gdańsk

Browse Hotel Mercure Gdańsk Stare Miasto traveller photo gallery