Reviews of Momotown Hostel

Miodowa 28, Old Town, 31055 Kraków, Poland

#144 of 269 hotels in Kraków

Based on 379 hostel reviews

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately it was really noisy there. When the windows were opened, it was almost impossible to sleep because of cars and partying people. Moreover in my room I could clearly hear everything happening behind the door.

Almost everything was fine (what wasn't you can read above) taking into account that's a hostel, so I didn't expect much. I just want to point out that the staff was very friendly and the hostel was really clean.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

If somebody doesn't like walking the stairs - it might be a problem. With a room on a 4th floor (no elevator) I had to go down to the 3rd floor to ladies bathroom and then again to the 2nd floor to the kitchen and go back two floors up to the room.

I liked the fact that there were some cereals in the kitchen all the time - works well as a quick snack :) also unlimitted access to coffee and tea - really useful. Bathrooms are very clean and there is enough of showers and toilets - no queque, no waiting. Reception open 24h. Great possibility to leave the luggage after check out. Polite and helpful staff at the reception.

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

One of the staff treat me so bad and dont respect me at all and she treat people beside me better than me and the other one dont know anything when you ask him Wifi is not active in third floor and I told them different times they dont care at all

Clean hostel good location near to transportation good kitachen with free tea and coffee and cereals

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

When I arrived there to put my bag, it was not problem. They have a luggage room with key. After put my bag A girl worked here helped me a lot. She gave me some great advice about city, about where i should eat and also helped how ı can go to Auscwitz. She printed the schedule of transportation of Auschwitz's departure and arrival time. The facility was also clean and tidy. And location is perfect in Kazimierz. I enjoyed to stay there. Thank you!

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

Not very comfortable (many stairs, showers on another floor) and loud housekeepers in the morning, breakfast - also not very good.

Location and staff - great.

• Bed Dormitory Room for Six People with Shared Bathroom

Beds in common room are terrible. All of them squeak. It was hard to sleep. One shower cubicle was clogged. The other one has a broken door and does not close.

I like location and breakfast.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked a private bedroom and we expected at least a double bed but, instead, we had a private room with 3 bunk bed. So we had 4 beds not usefull and, as I was with my girlfriend, we didn't sleep together. It would not be a problem if we didn't pay an higher price. Also, there were not many food choices purpose during the breakfast.

The staff were awesome, very kind and always available. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

After arrival, we got same room, which was on another location and room was smelly. It would be fine, if can be juice on breakfast.

Breakfast was simple, but fine. Hostel has very good location, close to jewish center and restaurants. Inside of hotel place is private car park. Personal was very pleasant.

• Bed Dormitory Room for Four People with Shared Bathroom

The staff (especially Agnieszka) were super nice. They were very helpful with all the information and help I asked for. And it was genuine, not fake politeness as almost all hostel staff are used to use. The facilities were super clean. The female bathroom was spacious and clean. The location was also good.

• Bed Dormitory Room for Four People with Shared Bathroom

The bathrooms could use some air freshener or even just ventilation.

Location was good, staff were friendly and the free BBQ was great too. The beds were comfy and the large lockers were really useful, especially as the padlocks were included. The complimentary continental breakfast was nice and on til 11 which is great.

• Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

No down side

There was nothing not to like, location central to everything, if you needed to go further afield then public transport was right on door step, would recommend to anyone, awesome

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Inexpensive place, cant expect moore.

Good bed, OK continental breakfast, friendly staff, near the old jewish quater and a great restaurant area near by. Best of all, no trams outside which have kept me awake in other hostels in Krakow.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Really everything was excellent, the only suggestion would be to provide an oven but cooking facilities were still good.

This hostel is easily one of the best we have stayed at. Our stay was made especially enjoyable due to the excellent staff who were friendly and very helpful, they absolutely made the hostel and our time in krakow! The hostel was clean and pleasant there was an ample breakfast and the room was a good standard with a fan which was very good as we stayed in summer.

• Bed Dormitory Room for Six People with Shared Bathroom

The shower cubicle doors are translucent so it feels like other people in the bathroom would be able to see through. The lights in the bathroom go out after a couple of minutes and it's difficult to get them back on from the shower. Also the staff left our room unlocked while we were out all day after they made up the beds after people checked out of our room.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. It really felt like they would help you with anything you asked. Each room had plenty of plug sockets and a big lockable locker for your bag. The free breakfast was basic but good- just what you need to start the day! The hostel put on things in the evening such as free crepes and a BBQ. There is no bar but you can get cheap beer in the reception! The hostel always felt very clean- the rooms and the bathrooms were kept clean and I regularly saw people cleaning. The hostel is in a great location, about 15 minutes walk to the old town, but there are plenty of bars and restaurants around the hostel! We would definitely stay here again!

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

No wardrobe, tiny table with one chair in a double room, 4-story building without elevator, very poor wifi.

Perfect location, friendly staff, big dining room, ok breakfast,

• Bed Dormitory Room for Ten People with Shared Bathroom

This is a stag party hostel, definitely not for real travellers. The hostel attracts large unruly/drunken groups and they do nothing about it. My mixed dorm room was me (a girl) and 9 other men all travelling together in 1 group for a drinking vacation. I felt like a trespasser and got no sleep as the noise was horrendous. When this group left the room did improve with smaller groups arriving. However, other groups in the hostel included ones accidently entering my dorm then loud discussions about the differences in dorm rooms, not amusing at 3am. There was shouting in the corridors until 4am. These groups would leave the bathroom and common areas in such a mess, it was not possible to use them after. One guy actually moved hostels because it was too much, I stayed because I had paid and did not have funds in the budget to pay again for another hostel. Plug sockets in room were very limited and not near the beds therefore charging your phone meant leaving it on a table away from you. There was 1 extension plug in the dorm.

Large kitchen and dining room with an additional lounge area. All were well equiped, comfy and clean. Breakfast was included and there was a nice selection. Depending on your point of view, the mens shower room was directly opposite the stairs and since they never closed the door when you were walking to your dorm you could see everything.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

sold out the milk at the breakfast it would be nice a coffee machine for fresh coffee making.

near downtown very clean (the bathrooms too) good facilities cheap

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

- Extremely hot room (in 4th/last floor) but they nicely gave me a fan to make it bearable - No bathroom in my floor (only 2 bathrooms for ladies in the 4 floors) - Very basic breakfast (cereals, bread, coffee) but is a plus they have it

- Great location (2 tram stops nearby, not far from the city center, Jewish Quarter is the nicest location in Kraków to stay, so many shops and restaurants,....) - Most of the staff was really nice

• Bed Dormitory Room for Four People with Shared Bathroom

The beds creak a bit. Because of the location it is possible that you will have drunked tourists who are quite loud at the weekend. That's why the toilets could be dirty in the morning as well. (own Experience)

The Location is perfect, the staff is very friendly, the breakfast is good and the wifi worked! You have lockers!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Twin Room with Private Bathroom

It will be OK to do scavenge every day

Good conditions for such price. Administrator are always ready to answer any questions and help if needed. Breakfasts are also good and enough for all. I will be ready to live there again next time in Krakow. Towels were also included (I read feedbacks and others wrote there hadn't been towels). Good location. Administrators are always here. Thank you for all!

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

I was travelling with my wife, so we choose double bedroom. Room was clean and nice. Location of hostel is really good - inside old jewish town. Hostel also offers parking inside its small yard, which is very good (also cheap). Definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Cannot fault, I was embracing Hostel Life on a trip with my son who loves the Hostel way...I did have one requirement "private room with own bathroom" This ticked that box and my son was in a dorm. Exceptionally clean, funky decor, staff absolutely lovely and the location just perfect for everything we wanted to do see and experience! Cannot recommend enough. 😊

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Everything was pretty good, no issues

About 15 minutes walk to town, nice clean room with modern private bathroom. Fairly basic breakfast but free so can't complain.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel is old and everything looks pretty old. But still, it is clean. The main issue in this hostel is the lack of personell at night (we searched for someone, the reception was dark and no one there) and there is a lot of noise. Though there are rules to keep quiet after 11pm, for 4 nights in a row we could barely sleep because of other guests partying in the kitchen or even in the rooms. At the ground floor there is a bar, and during the weekend it is very loud, so loud music at the 1st floor, from the bar. We complained in the morning at the reception about the noise from the other guests, no action was taken (and no staff was to be found at night!) The beds are old (but clean!), and they are very noisy. If a guest wakes up to turn on the other side, you can hear the bed's noise even from the room nextdoor... All in all, a cheap hostel, clean, well-placed but not for the people that love a good night's sleep.

The location, right in the heart of the Jewish Neighbourhood is great, in 10min you are in the main square, while in 2 minutes you are at the "party square" in the jewish sector.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Bed Dormitory Room for Ten People with Shared Bathroom

The overall feel is a bit institutional. I really did not like that there was no proper dishes or cutlery to be found - everything was disposable plastic and foam. I would not mind washing dishes to save all that waste.

The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. I really particularly enjoyed Agnieska, but everyone was great. This location is superb.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was cold and showers need more privacy. Sound insulation is very bad as you could hear all the noise other people make in the hall and the room across ours as if they are in our room. I don't have to hear people having sex. It was a bad experience after all.

Everything was clean, location is good and the breakfast is okay. Quite cheap.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

The pillows were flat as pancakes. Literally the only thing. Perfect outside of that.

Big rooms, super clean and modern. Breakfast till 11, nice bits for included price. Right in the centre of Jewish quarter, 15 mins to old town.

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

Soundproofing could be better. And also we had some misunderstanding with parking place: when I made reservation it was free. But when I came, I was said that it's not.

We liked the hostel: it's clean, staff is friendly, common flakes and toasts for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It's cold some time,if there are provided laundry service it will be great.

The staffs are great! It's really clean all the time and they are always be there, we feel at ease~

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Bed Dormitory Room for Four People with Shared Bathroom

The toilets were on a different floor from the rooms which made for a minor inconvenience.

Free breakfast was delicious! Was only supposed to start at 8 am but I had to leave for a tour. So they set breakfast out at 7am. Just for me!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There's quite some street noise during weekend nights, but that's something all accommodations are faced with in this ares. Bring your earplugs.

Great location in Kazimierz, also very close to central Krakow. Lots of sights, bars, restaurants and convenience stores nearby. Friendly staff. New and clean rooms and facilities. Free parking available upon request.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

Best place ever in Krakow!!! The people that work there are just amazing,super kind,lovely and always smiley!!! Room perfect,clean and big enough and also the price was quite good!!!

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

I would love to have bathrooms for man and women to be in the same floor, as we stayed on the top floor, I always had to go downstairs. It was a bit noisy but I guess that is normal as it is a quite cheap hostel and always full with party people and kiddos.

The staff there is amazing, always really helpful and with a smile on their faces.We got everything we asked for, I felt safe leaving our stuff in the room. Hostel is very clean, the breakfast is simple but gets you up for a day in this lovely city, the hostel is located in the best spot possible - around the corner are amazing restaurants, bars and night life as well as there is much to do during the day as it is located in a touristic district. The wi-fi was working perfectly.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Isnt cosy (orange walls, orange bed sheets, orange everywhere)

Friendly staff

• Bed Dormitory Room for Ten People with Shared Bathroom

Lack of sockets for charging, tiny towels (although only 2.50zl)

Location was ideal, really clean and helpful staff, felt very safe

Staff extra nice!

• Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

the common baths were kind of old and had an od smell

good location, nice staff

Everything was good

Staff cleaning organization

• Bed Dormitory Room for Four People with Shared Bathroom

The shower doors are a bit awkward

Spacious, comfy rooms and perfect location. Staff were very helpful.

• Bed Dormitory Room for Four People with Shared Bathroom

It was roomy....everything I needed was available, any questions answered . All a positive experience in a good location too!

Great Staff!

• Bed Dormitory Room for Six People with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast is good (only cold, but all you can eat). Great location and awesome staff.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Stairs

Good location and value for Money

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

Great location, parking is a real bonus. Nice clean place

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The location was very central and,the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was comfortable clean

very smelly bathroom

location, friendly staff, good breakfast

perfect location staff fabulous

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Not enough power socket

Convenient location but quiet, friendly staff, near Jewish district with lots of restaurants.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast is very meager.

Almost all but one minus.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Awesome location, super nice and helpful staff, comfy room, great price. Would recommend and return. :)

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

- plastic plates and cutlery breakfast

- location - friendly and helpfull staff - clean and very nice room

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

4th floor without a lift.

Good breakfast, clean and warm bathroom. Location is great, in the center of Kazimierz.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Hostel is situated

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

Great location, nice staff,breakfast helps to save time and money in the morning

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The staffs are sweet~The breakfast was great too! And very clean!it's really good!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast wasn't really good but you have the basics (except fruits)

Nice place, perfect location to go out and enjoy the restaurants around

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

rather old hostel

near the tourism places

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Bed Dormitory Room for Ten People with Shared Bathroom

Friendly staff, breakfast included, located in the artsy Jewish neighbourhood full of bars and restaurants - warmly recommeded 😊

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

For the cost of staying there you couldn't expect anything else.

Great location and super friendly/helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Breakfast very very very poor I found it a little bit expensive for my room. I booked a single room to sleep better and it was noisy because walls are very thick. Room quite ugly with places to charge mobile far from beds.

I like that point alternative of the place There's a kitchen Location Luggage room for free

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

They take 5 PLN for a towel (per person per stay). A bit noisy.

Located in the Jewish centre, a lot of places of interest around. ALso lots of shops, supermarket (24h). About 30 minutes walking to the city centre. Good staff, comfortable beds, equipped kitchen, even breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

The light in the shower always switched off and on, off and on. Maybe there was something wrong with the sensors..

Great staff, girl at reception helped print the tickets, organized breakfast at 5 am because of our early checkout. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

Early in the morning some lady brought a guy to my room, who was drunk and said: stay here that's your room. The guy went away after some time. as I heard in the morning, it wasn't his hostel at all. Who knows what could happen. reception should check it!

Was easy to find. Not exactly in the city center, but close enough. I have got hair dryer, when I asked about it. Lockers are available.

• Reviewed: 29 May 2015

The WIFI Signal was really poor when we were staying...Hopefully they rectified it and was temporary.

The staff at the reception were very freindly and help us find impportant places in the city to visit and they are also available 24X7. THey speak English very well ...

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

The hostel is in walking distance from basically everything, right in the middle of nightlife. Both the room and bathrooms are perfectly clean and the staff is helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Breakfast was in the main building, and we lived 3-4 min away, so we missed breakfast

Tury changed our 10 per room for 4 per room for free, we were happy.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Cold water in the showers and temporarily no electricity in the room

Super location in the heart of the jewish neighbourhood, also very lively at night.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2015

We booked a parking space but when we got there we were told that the previous location of the hostel had parking but this location didn't. Ended up having to pay 30zl per day for parking. Booking said breakfast was included but it wasn't and kitchen facilities limited. We were given an upgrade from a room with shared bathroom to one with private bathroom (because the new location only had private ones) to compensate for no parking/breakfast. Would have been better if they had told us in advance so we could have weighed up the options.

Location is excellent (in the Jewish quarter and lots of restaurants and bars around)

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

People at the reception were very nice

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Very good location. Cheap price. Clean facilities. A lot of bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Everything, as usual :)

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Momotown Hostel traveller photo gallery