Reviews of Hostel Yellow

Dunajewskiego 6, Old Town, 31-111 Kraków, Poland

#251 of 269 hotels in Kraków

Based on 714 hostel reviews

6.1

I only liked the location.

The kitchen was disgusting - I couldn't even think of making a cup of tea there. the bathroom was so old and so not comfortable, we didn't take a bath. When we came to the room, I found out that it wasn't actually cleaned before us - I found some leaflets left by somebody under our beds.

I only liked the location.

6.0
    location!

smells in the toilet and in the hall. no towels in the room. we need to asked and got just small ones as they have not had any big ones. uncomfortable beds..mattresses are terrible

location! rooms are in the next building further from street so its quiet which is unusual in the Krakow ;) reception open 24 hrs and drinks in reception

We really like our stay, the location was perfect :)

I really like the staff! He tried to help us to make an earlier check-in, but unfortunately, they didn't have free and clean rooms at the moment. But they were so nice, and let us use kitchen, bathroom and living room. :)

Attack
    • Quadruple Room

Manager did nothing when I've asked for help and a footage of a stranger walking into the shower room and attacking me verbally, while I stand there naked . No interest to help at all...

Clean and location is great.

excelente
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I recommend it totally to the hostel, I exceed my expectations, price-quality ratio are excellent, it is a very modern hostel, large rooms, showers and toilets very well, very modern and comfortable living room, the staff is excellent, very predisposed to help, very close to downtown only a few blocks, 100% recommended.

Wardrobe had a broken door. Some showers/toilets may need a repair/renovation (not a big problem, considering there's quite a few of perfectly functional ones).

Great location. Good price. Free coffee/tea.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The description says that the staff speaks Russian.

The description says that the staff speaks Russian. as a result, no one was able to read the written in Cyrillic booking. and the room was not ready for our arrival. very dirty in the room. walls with traces of shoes.

Hostel is located in the city centre, and has two parts, we...

Our room smelled like dirty socks! Even open window didn't help, as it was hot outside! Toilet and bathrooms were very dirty as if they were not cleaned for several weeks.

Hostel is located in the city centre, and has two parts, we were in a part across the yard, which was atmospheric. Building itself was old and beautiful. It was very quiet at night as well

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The smallest room in the world

The room is so small that we, two persons, can not stand at the same time. There were just the beds and a small drawer, no wardrobe. The beds were very uncomfortable. The toilets and the bathroom were very dirty. Everything was in a mess, crowded and very noisy. There were no wifi in the rooms just in the reception area. It was awful. Find another options.

Near the city centre

didn't meet my expectations
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The beds were umfortable and made a lot of noise while turning or moving on the bed. Especially during the night, if somebody moves on the bed, there is a very annoying noise. Secondly bed covers are old and some of them were torn. They didn't look nice. the kitchen was not bad but not very clean. Toilets and showers are small and need renovating.

only the location, coffee machine in the kitchen and good internet connection.

Great location, great staff
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The beds. Not very comfortable. Also, nearly all plug sockets are out of the wall.

Staff are super friendly and are very helpful with any queries you have. Absolute great location. I didn’t think for the price it was going to be so central but it was,

great location, clean but basic.

I stayed in the other part of the hostel - across the courtyard and bathroom and toilets were clean but the room very basic. I did not check the kitchen facilities.

It was very nice experience for me.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It was very nice experience for me.When ı arrived to hostel,the recepcionist gave me city map.It was so good and then she was so smiling and helpful.The hostel have a locked cabin.They have a hot water everytime and it was cheap! I like there :)

The room are not bad.

I didn't like the payment method. I gave my card number and they took the money and when I did the check in I needed to pay again the same amouth of money. I didn't liked at all because I don't have my money in my account again yet.

The room are not bad. The bathroom was not bad also. The localization is great!

Out of control - Not recommended
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

External people entering the hostel and the rooms Cold water almost always Reception in another building letting the other building out of control (if you go pretend at least to stay in the same building of the reception to avoid problems) Only one electric outlet in the room

Very good position at a very short distance from the main square Low price (but doesn't justify the bad part)

1. The staff didn’t speak English very well. 2. We’re located in another building which was smelling very bad. 3. We paid for a double room but we got twin room. 4. The showers weren’t clearly defined for women and men. 5. The bed linen was old, small for the bed and the pillow terrible. 6. The shower smelled sewage. 7. The walls weren’t soundproof at all.

Great location !

Some floors don’t have elevators. Not a problem for us but could be for some. Pillows and bed weren’t great.

Great location. So close to the old town square. Clean bathrooms and hot showers.

Yellow Hostel is very close to the Old Town, approximately 2...

In general our stay was good, but Hostel Yellow is not great if travel by bus and arrive at night, when you don`t know exact time your arrive. They warned us if we arrive after 22pm we have to pay 30 plz, so it`s ok and understandable. Long story short, we arrived at 00:30-1am, because our bus was late 1 hour. We have been waiting near the door for 1,5 hour knocking and called and nobody opened the door, so we had to visit friends and spend time at their place.

Yellow Hostel is very close to the Old Town, approximately 2 mins by foot. So it is great for tourists. Also, it is clean and wifi is good.

the place is convenient and the room is cozy.

Ilive in Building2 where there is no hairdryer and the paper in WC smells weird.

the place is convenient and the room is cozy. The Building is old and special

Meets expectations.

No toilet paper or soap in one of the bathrooms. Floor and doors creaky, walls thin. The wi-fi didn't work.

The morning staff is friendly and helpful. Great location. Warm in winter.

One of the receptionists was really nice
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The hostel conditions were not good. Our room was not clean, the room sound isolation was terrible (you could ear a lot of noise at night, from the people outside and also from the people inside the hostel). The WiFi was terrible, even right next to the router. There are not enough bathrooms available, and some times there's no hot water in the showers. There are also no curtains that can block the sunlight. Overall the whole hostel is really deteriorated and I don't recommend it.

One of the receptionists was really nice

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Uncomfortable
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Wifi barely worked, never any hot water in the showers, room was too hot, not very clean and the beds were uncomfortable, noisy and the mattresses filthy. While we were staying there a large group was booked in that was unbelievably loud, they were cheering and screaming in the common room well past 1 am (sounded like they were having some type of awards ceremony) and when they finally finished noisily went to bed, I've never been in a hostel where people had so little respect for others staying, and while this is not the hostels fault they definitely could've done more to make that large group be quieter late at night and respect others staying there. I wouldn't recommend staying here for the price.

Amazing location so easy to walk everywhere

I can't really compare with other hostel in Krakow for...

I can't really compare with other hostel in Krakow for that price. The room was too little for moving and put stuff around the bed., The staff was not sympathectic , the room was not that clean, it was too warm, I book for a double bed it was twin beds, the heater is stick to the bed, the hostel don't let you the choice to refuse that your personal data will be use for commercial purposes...

Overall was ok

The price was too high for what they offer. The room was very minimal and bathrooms are in common.

The location is very good. You cam visit everything by foot

The bed wasn't much comfortable but we stayed only one...
    • Quadruple Room

The bed wasn't much comfortable but we stayed only one night so it was OK. Close to the main bus station and railways station and also to the center. Service was OK for the price and location :) After check-out we could leave the baggage in the hostel and then come back to pick them up.

difficult night in a shared room. hostel OK
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The worst night in hostel ever! (not because of the hostel but because of the couple in the room!) they were totally RUDE, especially the girl. in nutshell: I had to prepare something for exam but they turned off the light immediately, it was OK, I respect someone wants to sleep. then at 4 am their alarm clock rang, they didn't care to turn it off. then they turn on the light and one person went to bathroom the other was in the room with the light ON doing nothing. then they were doing their luggage between 4 and 5 in themiddle of the night loudly, speaking and with the light ON for one hour in the night!! going out and in continuously in the room. I asked them kindly if they could hurry up with the light because I had a very important exam tomorrow and I need to sleep and they still did it for an entire hour! I could not fall asleep anymore that night.. they didn't care at all. how can you do your luggage so loudly for an hour at 4 in the night in a shared room?! just preparare it in the evening.. they had NO RESPECT at all to other people. They were from an Eastern country. PS mozna zamontowac WIESZAKI w pokojach i w lazience gdzie mozna powiesic kurtke czy recznik, naprawic ZAMYKANIE w szafkach, moznaby dodac choc jedna mala przenosna LAMPKE do pokoju w ten sposób ktos kto potrzebuje swiatla w nocy nie budzilby innych. they could make breakfast for everybody, cereals and milk would be enough.

NICE STAFF and localisation. the two girls at the reception were really nice, it was the best thing in that hostel. nice living room. kitchen and bathroom OK

Best place in town. Excellent choice.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Great hotel! We had a huge apartment. Location is perfect, just cross the park and you are in the city center. Krakow is an amazing city which I highly recommend.

Great location!

Beds in the room for 8 were really noisy, it was hard to have a good rest if you heard terrible noise even when somebody moved their head a little. The wifi didn't work very well.

Great location! also nice common room

The yard of the house was amazing.

Everything was really dirty, there were even footsteps on the wall in our room, electricity socket was coming out of the wall, the kitchen was a mess and the electric stove was looking like it had never been cleaned.

The yard of the house was amazing.

best hostel!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

best hostel! Lots of advice and friendly host. Awesome kitchen and facilities. Really cool lounge and dining area. Very very very good location!!!!!!!!!! Accommodation could not have been more perfect!!!! Will definitely return!

The location is perfect.
    • Studio Apartment

We stayed in an appartment. It was generally clean but could do with a more profound cleaning. Spiders net in corners, dust at the floor. I am ok with it but I think you should be aware that it needs to be done properly every now and then so the general good conditions remains. We did not try breakfast.

The location is perfect. The appartment was large and in good condition.

Wouldn't stay for more than one night, if even that...

The place isn't clean at all. The room floor was dusty and sticky and one of the toilets was blocked. No sound proof, you can participate in the conversation of your next door's neighbor :D

The front desk is open 24/7 and the customer service was really kind and helpful, they even arranged a taxi for us.

This place was unfortunately disappointing to us.

This place was unfortunately disappointing to us. Even We were traveled around the world and had experiences with so many backpackers, I have to say, the price for twin bedroom been not acceptable to what the hostel offers. It needs to get open the windows sometimes everywhere, because the smell of ''old'' it 's really annoying. If you look at the walls of the toilets you could see the mold. It's not very hard to fix it and paint it, right? Bathrooms have great hot showers but conditions of the place is bad. As We were bookers of the place, which didn't have refundable fee but offered parking place and after the booking We realized that place doesn't have it. Because of the parking place We bought it, that It's was the main important filter for choosing the right spot. It's not great for people which arrive by car and have to make an extra effort to find safe place for the car, also for good price. Anyway little bit of renovation, doesn't need to be in expensive way would helps.

One of my favourite hostel I experienced in Kraków!

-dusty

+Location: 10minutes walk to the main station, 3 minutes to the centrum. +Valuable for money +Less noisy +Livingroom and kitchen were confortable and big. +Staffs were very polite and helpful. +Laundry: they washed and dryed my clothes. +Close the shop, restaurant, pharmacy ... so on. +Elevator to the upstairs: In the centre of the city, there are many old buildings. Some of hostels I experienced that they don't have elevator, and stairs were high. But this hostel has an advantage with elevator.

Great price for location
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The services could be cleaner, the bedsheets need to change.

The price is great and you are just couple of steps from the historical old town! Great staff!

Because some of the rooms are not in the same building as...
    • Quadruple Room

Because some of the rooms are not in the same building as reception. When we came back at midnight, one guy without the code and key came in to the hostel together with the prior passenger and announce he forgot the password and key, we thought he's not the residence...so the safety is a bit concerned

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great location, girls that work at the reception are quite...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

When I arrived there was a guy working in the reception, I guess it was the owner. Not very cheerful fellow. But that would be ok, except he forgot to give me the code for the outside door, so next night I tried to enter the building and the door, which was wide open during the day when I got out, were now closed. There is the ring to the reception(24 hours reception) and I was ringing like an idiot for 15 min. in the rain, without an answer. Fortunately, some people got out, so I manage to get inside. Of course, the guy was in the common room, watching television. I could ring till dawn. His employees never left the reception, they were sleeping at that desk, but they were there. Plus, 8-bed dorm room was extremely dirty, dust on the floor haven't been wiped for weeks. I guess it's good for strengthening your immune system.

Great location, girls that work at the reception are quite helpful and nice. There are enough toilets and showers so you don't have to wait

The hostel is near to Old Town, so it's amazing.

The room was very small, and not so clean. And in the morning we didn't have warm water.

The hostel is near to Old Town, so it's amazing. There was a place where we could make tea, coffee, and also they had a fridge,that was perfect. The bathrooms were cleans.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The location was further from the Old town than it looked...

The location was further from the Old town than it looked like on the map. The room was very dirty, balcony door couldn't be closed properly, there was no warm water in the morning and the mould in the coffee machine was the last drop. Not mentioning the 10cm foam instead of mattress is not something you would like to sleep at after a day of walking.

Great Position but forget about the rest
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

This Hostel Look Very Vintage we can say and no Kitchen just Microwave = ) There are better options in krakow for the same price

The Position is 10 plus also internet work well

Ok to stay for one night
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The common normally is very cozy and huge.While a was staying there was a 3 days Workshop and i had no opperunity to load my phone even the kitchen was always full of travellers or this Workshop pax. So it was a bit uncozy in the evening. The sleeping room had no opportunity to load your phones or to seat somewhere expect the bed...

Very kind and helpful staff. I had the possibility to change from 6 bedded dorm to 4 bedded dorm after 11pm

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Decent enough hostel.

See above.

Decent enough hostel. Has lots of potential if they cleaned the walls and invested a little bit more. Plug sockets near each bed would also be good.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Good Place To Stay In Krakow.

guess , there is nothing really negative. Hostel is the hostel.Hotel is hotel. This is not quite the same. Total rate is good.

wi-fi service available. Location.not too far from the central station, some touristic sites,and good places to eat.

Was okay for a single night.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

For the price, honestly, I can't complain. However, were it MY hostel it would be much cleaner. I went there early in the day to drop off my things to return later for check in and the same trash that was in the bathroom and room in the morning was there when I returned. I did not feel like the shower was clean. Everything in kitchen could use a good wipe down as well. I also did not like that there was no place to put my things while in the shower. Having no wifi in the room was kind of a drag too.

The price was right. The location was good.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Thanks for everything :)
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The bed sheets were a bit short and the beds were squeaking.

The Hostel is quite good bed sheets pillows and everything was clean. The position of it was perfect it is just 2mins to center and staff were great. They were always cheerful.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Ok hostel near old town to be fair, some littler improvement though.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

(1)The wi-fi is not working properly when more than a few people are using it. Moreover, it has been more than a year that the same password is displayed publicly on the internet. Why don't you change it? (2) once the window is closed, the tram sound issue become actually minor, but air dont refresh at all then. (3)room allocation: either you balance the affectation of people in dorms, regardless of the better room / less better room, or you ask them beforehand if they want to meet people or have a quiet place. Not telling how you sort them is not cool, and obvious to discover. Nevertheless, i could arrange myself these stuff. Receptionist with No assumptions = No fuss.

(1) Big spacious living room. (2) female receptionist has nice introduction, very fast. (3) not inside but very close to old town. (4) can be an option for those looking for nice visit of town without party hostel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

noisy
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I stayed 1 night in room no.6. I could not sleep because the noise from corridor was just horrible all night. People were laughing and talking loudly there, seems reception does not care at all.

Excellent staff and location

Wifi a little sliw

Staff VERY helpful. Went out of their way to help us with bus reservations

Comfortable
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

A bit old and a bit far away from old town

Comfortable

4.0
    Dirty

Very unclean....

Wonderful location, easy transport close to shops and...

Wonderful location, easy transport close to shops and restaurants.

Wonderful location, easy transport close to shops and restaurants.

I haven’t been there.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I haven’t been there. There wasn’t an option to cancel my stay. So I have paid for it, but I couldn’t stay there.

Staff was very friendly, and place was very clean.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Safe boxes could be newer.

Staff was very friendly, and place was very clean.

Great location!

Old dirty towels, not comfortable bed, bathroom drainage clogged up

just the location

Excellent location.

Excellent location.

location and security was good but they must more attention to clean

clean and calms place

Not my ideal place to stay

Room was not what I expected. Mismatched sheets, and poor quality furniture.

Friendly staff

Really cheap and comfort hostel in city center
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Not all toilets have paper

Really cheap and comfort hostel in city center

Bed bugs!

It was good to stay in this hostel:
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Location was pretty good. Hostel is quite close city Center. And also kitchen was huge and there’s a oven if you wanna cook.

Poor maintenance

Location Value for money

Fair hostel in great location.

Uncomfortable bed

Location and staff were perfect.

The only problem was bed. It was really discomfortable.

Location and staff were perfect.

Wifi, at least in our apartment, could definitely be...
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Wifi, at least in our apartment, could definitely be improved. Everything else was perfect.

Nice location
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I liked the common room area, kitchen space, & kind staff.

For bed bugs lover!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Bed bugs! We got so many bites during sleeping. Disgusting and horrible experience!

Just location. Nothing else

Everything was dirty, even the tables were sticky, the...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Everything was dirty, even the tables were sticky, the blankets were clean but too old. The bath rooms damaged and not clean enough

good location

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

there was a lot of accumulated dust on some parts of the room

there was a lot of accumulated dust on some parts of the room

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

great location (nearby city center)

on web site is written that there is parking nearby, but actually it takes such a long time to find a place.

great location (nearby city center)

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016